Since MS is embracing PC and multiplat, will this hurt its console business?

#152 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@MonsieurX: what is your question, all I see is me stating facts and your links proving it??

Help me out here son

Glad to know we can agree that the X1X isn't a 4k60 machine.

#155 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@MonsieurX: does the x do 4K60 gaming

Yes or no

In less than 1% of the games, yes

Avatar image for exothermicgamer
#156 Posted by ExothermicGamer (19 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: It might cut down the amount of consoles they sell but it will increase the amount of software they sell. Which considering most profits of the gaming industry these days is from software I'm almost certain it won't affect them negatively.

If they can rekindle the superb Halo competitive multiplayer they will make a SERIOUS killing.

As an Xbox exclusive I had already accepted that I was never going to play Halo again. Releasing it on PC though I almost certainly will even if it is to relive some of the nostalgia from Halo 1 - 3.

So Microsoft is making money that they wouldn't have if it had stayed exclusive.

Personally though I think console exclusivity is ridiculous. If console makers can't make money without holding games hostage on their platform they shouldn't be making consoles.

#157 Edited by Zaryia (9671 posts) -
@tom-pepper said:

@DragonfireXZ95:

How you $1000/$1500+ pc gamers gonna take ps5 and xb2 release?..all that power for around $500

1. We have literally been hearing this argument at the start of every new gen for 4 gens in a row. It has never had merit, and will never have merit. It never works out for you guys. PC ends up the gfx king, and better looking and running version of 90%+ games.

2. Lmao alts March 6 2019 Alt. Why are the fresh alts always specifically anti-PC trolls?

3. Hi Carlos Vela.

#160 Edited by Zaryia (9671 posts) -
@tom-pepper said:

@zaryia:

I could’nt sit on a forum claiming master race if I had paid 1000-1500 for a rig that does’nt get all the best games and has 2 other gaming machines that if leaks are correct will do 4k60 for less than 500 dollars

Each to their own

You could claim that,

1. It has 100~ more high scoring games than PS, and I think 200 more than XB. This is not including the superior version of Wii/Switch games through emulation.

2. It has the far better looking and running version of PS/XB games every gen. Next gen will likely not be different.

3. By far the best online.

4. The GFX King every gen.

First place is first place. You're going to pay more for the superior product. Just how it is.

#162 Edited by Zaryia (9671 posts) -
@tom-pepper said:

@zaryia: well lets get the online claim discussed first anything with that the amount of cheats in pc multiplayer cant be called the best.infact i would call the pc the worst.

PC Online is by and far the best. It has 100's of more high scoring online games to play than any other system. It has more highly active games and communities. It has the most popular games. The most genres. The most competitive games and genres. The most gamers. Longer lasting games. Higher FPS in most mp games. And has holds over 90% of all e-sports. If cheating was that much of a problem, nearly all of non professional competitive and professional e-sports gaming wouldn't be on PC.

It's night and day, PC online is one of the biggest reasons far more people stick with PC than any other system. It's untouchable. This is one of it's most major PROs next to the substantially superior version of most multiplats and near exclusive genres people can't really find on consoles (mmo,rts,arpg,crpg,tbs,sim).

Nothing in my list was inaccurate. PC is by far first. You get what you pay for.

#163 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8706 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

I think the people that actually care about exclusivity are a small percentage, and people's minds are made up at this point. You either play a PS4, an Xbox, a PC, or something Nintendo has...or a combination. I think more pragmatic reasons for switching platforms play a larger role; maybe they're curious about another platform, maybe they impulse bought something, maybe they want to play with real-life friends.

I think most people are smart enough to avoid the whole exclusivity lure at this point, they realize paying hundreds for a device just to play one or two games a year is flat out dumb.

That's literally what nintendo is built off of though. Like, you buy a nintendo console to play nintendo games. Real world data demonstrates this as well. Same could be said for PS4 although to a lesser degree bc PS4 also has better 3rd party support.

#165 Edited by Zaryia (9671 posts) -
@tom-pepper said:

I'll rephrase it,pc has more cheats than any other platform.

Because it has far more players than any other platform. Especially for online, since it has so many more games and better online games and is the primary system for competitive gaming.

PC online vs Console online is night and day. It's one of PCs major pros. That $1500 on a far superior online experience alone is worth it. Then we get on all the other stuff on my list. First is first.

#167 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@MonsieurX: is the xb1x a 4k60/30 gaming machine?

Yes or no

No

#168 Edited by Zaryia (9671 posts) -
@tom-pepper said:

@zaryia:

The more players the more cheats?

Yes. Statistics. Console online is shit.

#171 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@MonsieurX:

Yes

Stop making yourself look like a triggered butthurt fanboy.

And i'll stop handing you your arse HaH

Answered your question since you can't answer mines

#173 Edited by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: Research has shown little to no difference in the online gaming experience between xbox and ps. So if you think PS online is shit then by default you also think Xbox online is shit. Therefore you must have the opinion of all console online being shit.

#174 Edited by Pedro (35644 posts) -

@fedor said:

@tom-pepper: Research has shown little to no difference in the online experience between xbox and ps. So if you think PS online is shit then by default you also think Xbox online is shit. Therefore you must have the opinion of all console online being shit.

@fedor said: @Pedro: Ended hours ago, bud.

#175 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@Pedro: /gasp!!! Are you #dickriding me?

#177 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:

@MonsieurX:

Yes

Stop making yourself look like a triggered butthurt fanboy.

And i'll stop handing you your arse HaH

Answered your question since you can't answer mines

You have been destroyed,i'll keep owning you..no skin of my nose..you just keep making yourself look a tit

But you've never proven anything, keep living in your little fantasy world

#178 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@tom-pepper: You must be letting your bias get in the way then, not healthy. Denying science is foolish.

#180 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

And today's nomination for "Worst new 2019 alt"

#182 Posted by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

@fedor: how can i have bias if i own both??

Easily. Owning multiple systems doesn't preclude a bias.

#183 Edited by Pedro (35644 posts) -

@fedor said:

@Pedro: /gasp!!! Are you #dickriding me?

Not only is that wishful thinking but I was simply reminding you that intended to end the discourse with Tom a while back but feel free to trolled carry along.

#185 Posted by Antwan3K (4400 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

MS has pretty much removed any incentive for me to buy a next generation Xbox. I can play all of their worthwhile first party games on PC, and will have the same treatment as console users. I would rather spend my next gen console money towards a PS5 or the next Switch iteration. Anyone else feel the same way? Do you think this will hurt MS's console business?

and which option do you think is the most consumer friendly?.. Microsoft allowing you to play all their next-gen games on the PC you already own or Sony/Nintendo charging you a $300~500 hardware entry fee to play their latest games?..

Beyond that, a game sale is a game sale.. why would Microsoft care if you spent $60 to play Halo Infinite on PC or spent $60 to play it on a console?.. they're just giving you more options to access the content that you purchased?.. how is that a bad thing for anyone involved?..

#186 Posted by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:

Not for me..but by your reply maybe you?

Good God. Never mind.

#187 Posted by NoodleFighter (10504 posts) -

Just gonna leave this here

Loading Video...

#190 Edited by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:

You replied to my post,and have been owned ever since

I am 100% correct on my original posts,the X is not crappy and its a 4k 60/30 gaming machine..what has followed is you and this fedor fella getting triggered,butthurt and owned

You keep replying trying to deny facts.i'll keep owning yous

Fact that there's a handful of 4k60 games doesn't make it a 4k60 machine?

Can't even get the official list of 4k games, way to go.

Can you play RDR 2 at 4k 60 fps on your X1X?

Can you play Tomb Raider at 4k 60 fps on your X1X?

Can you play RE2 at 4k 60 fps on your X1x?

#191 Posted by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Seriously. It's painful to watch lol.

#193 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@MonsieurX said:

Running around in circles and screaming "OWNED" with awful grammar, that'll be hard to top.

#194 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:

You replied to my post,and have been owned ever since

I am 100% correct on my original posts,the X is not crappy and its a 4k 60/30 gaming machine..what has followed is you and this fedor fella getting triggered,butthurt and owned

You keep replying trying to deny facts.i'll keep owning yous

Fact that there's a handful of 4k60 games doesn't make it a 4k60 machine?

Can't even get the official list of 4k games, way to go.

Can you play RDR 2 at 4k 60 fps on your X1X?

Up your game ffs read this carefully..so you dont keep making yourself look dumb

I said the x is a 4k60/30 machine..if it does 4k 60 and it does 4k 30 its a 4k 60/30 machine

Who mentioned how many???..oh you HaH

So, it cannot play the best and most recent games at 4k60? Are we supposed to be impressed by 5 years old games running at that?

#195 Posted by Fedor (5354 posts) -

@Pedro: No, no... Its been established already by you. You're riding me BB. Its ok, enjoy it.

#197 Posted by Pedro (35644 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

I disagree. I am enjoying this. :)

#198 Edited by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -
@tom-pepper said:
@MonsieurX said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@MonsieurX said:

Running around in circles and screaming "OWNED" with awful grammar, that'll be hard to top.

Stick to the point or leave this thread,your inner fanboy has ruined it

Accept the x is a great bit of £350 4k60/30 hdr dolby kit and go and lick your wounds

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/chess-ultra/bsnjmzjh6hjw?ocid=AID681541_aff_7593_159229&tduid=%28ir__zzrvun2cnqmtbpk2nis6jkwddv2xm11e1kgnnehc00%29%287593%29%28159229%29%28%29%28UUwpUdUnU48886%29&irgwc=1&irclickid=_zzrvun2cnqmtbpk2nis6jkwddv2xm11e1kgnnehc00&rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/claws-of-furry/9p267t7lvzrz?irgwc=1&OCID=AID681541_aff_7593_159229&tduid=%28ir__zzrvun2cnqmtbpk2nis6jkwddv2xm11ehggnnehc00%29%287593%29%28159229%29%28%29%28UUwpUdUnU48886%29&irclickid=_zzrvun2cnqmtbpk2nis6jkwddv2xm11ehggnnehc00&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/claws-of-furry/9p267t7lvzrz?irgwc=1&OCID=AID681541_aff_7593_159229&tduid=%28ir__zzrvun2cnqmtbpk2nis6jkwddv2xm11ehggnnehc00%29%287593%29%28159229%29%28%29%28UUwpUdUnU48886%29&irclickid=_zzrvun2cnqmtbpk2nis6jkwddv2xm11ehggnnehc00&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/railway-empire/bw8jqlj2gdt8?ocid=AID681541_aff_7593_159229&tduid=%28ir__zzrvun2cnqmtbpk2nis6jkwddv2xm11esognnehc00%29%287593%29%28159229%29%28%29%28UUwpUdUnU48886%29&irgwc=1&irclickid=_zzrvun2cnqmtbpk2nis6jkwddv2xm11esognnehc00&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Look at that, 4k and HDR. Truly shows the power of the beast!

#199 Edited by lundy86_4 (53856 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I disagree. I am enjoying this. :)

It's definitely fun to watch, but just painful to see lol.