User Lists: 0

#151 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

@Jag85: Yes, as she stated in her comment it matters to millions of people. Not only does it continue to oppress an already overly oppressed people of color, but it also makes it worst for in the future when they try to correct the issue. Ada should have never been voiced by anyone other and we wouldnt have the issue we have now when trying to correct our mistake. Here is Lily's qoute,

" Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect. "

This is such a stupid argument I don't even know where to begin.

"Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect."

IT'S GODDAMN VOICE ACTING.

The woman is reading a script written by Capcom! In what degree can someone even be allowed to "perpetuate an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect" through their voice? What, intonation? I'd love to know how someone's voice could "dehumanize". Give me a break. What she contributes to RE4 is so insanely superficial that it is incapable of speaking to the larger cultural distinctions that would even be able to grant such offenses, or credits, to cultural considerations.

Maybe someone can give an accent that is insulting and overly stereotypical if they really tried to make themselves such a offensive caricature, but you'd really have to try very hard to do so, and further, casting an Asian wouldn't somehow preclude that. I listen to Ada's voice acting; there's nothing in it that speaks, "Asian!" to me, nor anything that honors or speaks respectfully to such culture. It could be white. It could be black. It's all the same.

No, its simply not appropriate today for a white actor to voice a character of color without real honest and rare permissive use.

And the vast majority of animation and games follow this.

No, nobody needs permission, aside from the pathetic Leftist snowflakes who cannot even provide a rational explanation aside, "because we said so.....". Provide an actual logical argument; then make it consistent as to why it's appropriate for a PoC to voice a white, but not the other way around.

Wrong. And the vast majority of the industry follows what I have said.

And white people need to understand that PoC can do things that white people simply cannot.

Wrong.

And I don’t care about your “everyone says so” retorts. It’s worthless, as is your position until you can back it up with actual arguments.

Sorry, ResetERA tactics don’t work here.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#152  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

The following journal study should add some context to the voice acting debate:

No Face, No Race? Racial Politics of Voice Actor Casting in Popular Animated Films

The real issue is about equal opportunities in the workplace. In animated films, white VAs are heavily over-represented and non-white VAs are heavily under-represented.

In principle, there shouldn't be a problem with white VAs voicing non-white characters, or vice versa. But if it means taking opportunities away from non-white VAs who are already under-represented as it is, then that's an issue.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#153 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14902 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:

This is such a stupid argument I don't even know where to begin.

"Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect."

IT'S GODDAMN VOICE ACTING.

The woman is reading a script written by Capcom! In what degree can someone even be allowed to "perpetuate an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect" through their voice? What, intonation? I'd love to know how someone's voice could "dehumanize". Give me a break. What she contributes to RE4 is so insanely superficial that it is incapable of speaking to the larger cultural distinctions that would even be able to grant such offenses, or credits, to cultural considerations.

Maybe someone can give an accent that is insulting and overly stereotypical if they really tried to make themselves such a offensive caricature, but you'd really have to try very hard to do so, and further, casting an Asian wouldn't somehow preclude that. I listen to Ada's voice acting; there's nothing in it that speaks, "Asian!" to me, nor anything that honors or speaks respectfully to such culture. It could be white. It could be black. It's all the same.

No, its simply not appropriate today for a white actor to voice a character of color without real honest and rare permissive use.

And the vast majority of animation and games follow this.

No, nobody needs permission, aside from the pathetic Leftist snowflakes who cannot even provide a rational explanation aside, "because we said so.....". Provide an actual logical argument; then make it consistent as to why it's appropriate for a PoC to voice a white, but not the other way around.

And white people need to understand that PoC can do things that white people simply cannot.

Wrong.

And I don’t care about your “everyone says so” retorts. It’s worthless, as is your position until you can back it up with actual arguments.

No, that is now the industry standard. Look at what the Simpsons did again.

The vast majority of casting, especially no dubbing, follows this rule today.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 MirkoS77

@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Wrong.

No, that is now the industry standard. Look at what the Simpsons did again.

The vast majority of casting, especially no dubbing, follows this rule today.

….and I don’t care about your “everyone says so” retorts. It’s worthless, as is your position until you can back it up with actual arguments.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#155  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

Seems like texasgoldrush is a racist. Not cool dude.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 texasgoldrush

@MirkoS77: No, I trust the arguments of all the white actors who stepped down from roles of color recently.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

"because just, because" is not an argument.

We need to work together to end racism and you're increasing it by 90%

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#158 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7205 Posts

@texasgoldrush: Amen, people need to help support the ends of oppression. These people will get with the times. They were the same people refusing to give up a set at school back in the 50s and 60s. No my child! Boo hoo, cry us a river.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By MirkoS77

@texasgoldrush said:

@MirkoS77: No, I trust the arguments of all the white actors who stepped down from roles of color recently.

I don’t “trust” anyone else’s arguments, I think for myself. But that’s just me.

But you do you. Just don’t expect anyone to respect or pay attention to such an intellectually vacant position.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#160 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

Texas backed up in a corner haha. I love it.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

@mesome713: the heck are you talking about, after a long day of being oppressed as a person of color?? I could have sworn you were white.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By texasgoldrush
@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:

I don’t “trust” anyone else’s arguments, I think for myself. But that’s just me.

But you do you. Just don’t expect anyone to respect or pay attention to such an intellectually vacant position.

There is no debate here, you are being told the truth.

You can either accept the truth, or accept your ignorance.

Once again, its inappropriate for a white actor to voice a character of color, just like its inappropriate for a white person to use the n-word, etc. You don't try to debate this, you accept this.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

^

Dumbest thing I'll read today.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 uninspiredcup

Dear lord.

This is what happens when you hang around Resetera's echo-chamber and nobody is actually allowed to challenge opinions. Spagetti.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Mesome713

Thank you Capcom for helping fight against the oppressors who for years have stole from us. With time and more opportunities we will continue to counter the damage caused by such atrocities.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38853 Posts

Life Is Strange enjoyer is destroying this thread.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 texasgoldrush

@uninspiredcup said:

Dear lord.

This is what happens when you hang around Resetera's echo-chamber and nobody is actually allowed to challenge opinions. Spagetti.

Its not just an opinion, its the industry norm.

There is no echo chamber here, it is practiced a vast majority of the time.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Jag85

@texasgoldrush:

Would you say this is the reason why white VAs should not be voicing non-white characters?

@Jag85 said:

No Face, No Race? Racial Politics of Voice Actor Casting in Popular Animated Films

The real issue is about equal opportunities in the workplace. In animated films, white VAs are heavily over-represented and non-white VAs are heavily under-represented.

In principle, there shouldn't be a problem with white VAs voicing non-white characters, or vice versa. But if it means taking opportunities away from non-white VAs who are already under-represented as it is, then that's an issue.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush:

Would you say this is the reason why white VAs should not be voicing non-white characters?

@Jag85 said:

Its one reason, not the only reason.

The biggest reason is that voices of people of color do not belong to white people, and that white actors throughout history have poorly done roles of color. There are also authenticity issues as well as cultural appropriation issues (see Jade Empire).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By uninspiredcup
@texasgoldrush said:

The biggest reason is that voices of people of color do not belong to white people

They factually do.

The accent of a Chinese person, from China, clearly Asian, can be the exact same as a black person, from China. Who grew up in China. Or white. Or bla.

That's not how accents work. It's not race tied. It can be predominantly from a race, origins from a specific race etc..

That line of thinking could easily be construed as racist.

And Ada Wong sounds American, predominantly full of white people.

Time for logic to implode in on itself.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

Lmao I'm brown and I don't care if a white person voices a brown person in a show or game or something, as long as that person does a good enough job. Seems like there's a racist in here.

Yes, people can be racist to white people too.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Jag85
@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush:

@Jag85 said:

The biggest reason is that voices of people of color do not belong to white people, and that white actors throughout history have poorly done roles of color. There are also authenticity issues as well as cultural appropriation issues (see Jade Empire).

I can agree with the Jade Empire example, as its setting is obviously based on ancient China... But if the setting is, say, America or Britain, the same argument doesn't apply. People who grew up in the same neighbourhood typically end up having the same dialect or accent, regardless of their race. For example, a white, black and Asian kid who grew up in the same part of America or Britain are going to sound the same. This association between race and voice is very out-of-touch with reality.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush:

@Jag85 said:

I can agree with the Jade Empire example, as its setting is obviously based on ancient China... But if the setting is, say, America or Britain, the same argument doesn't apply. People who grew up in the same neighbourhood typically end up having the same dialect or accent, regardless of their race. For example, a white, black and Asian kid who grew up in the same part of America or Britain are going to sound the same. This association between race and voice is very out-of-touch with reality.

That isn't the point. It is more than just accent or tone of voice. It is about "erasure" when a white actor voice someone of color. Jenny Slate even used that term when she stepped down from her role on Big Mouth.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Jag85

@texasgoldrush:

That goes back to my earlier point: non-white VAs being under-represented. This is why the VA industry has recently started adopting these practices, to help give more opportunities to non-white VAs.

I don't watch Big Mouth, BTW... So that reference went way over my head!

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By texasgoldrush
@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush:

That goes back to my earlier point: non-white VAs being under-represented. This is why the VA industry has recently started adopting these practices, to help give more opportunities to non-white VAs.

I don't watch Big Mouth, BTW... So that reference went way over my head!

The white actors who resigned in 2020 (a whole batch of adult animation roles) cited this, but more than this.

Jenny Slate's resignation of her character in Big Mouth set off a chain reaction of resignations in adult animation, which includes the Simpsons and Family Guy (and Cleveland Show).

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 MirkoS77

@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:

There is no debate here, you are being told the truth.

You can either accept the truth, or accept your ignorance.

Once again, its inappropriate for a white actor to voice a character of color, just like its inappropriate for a white person to use the n-word, etc. You don't try to debate this, you accept this.

I see.

So you “trust” the arguments, but there’s no debate to be had. Right.

You‘re incapable of even being consistent in your own responses, little wonder you won’t engage in debate.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MirkoS77

@uninspiredcup said:

Dear lord.

The great thing here is that GS actually allows for divergence of opinion, so he can’t run off to tattletale to the mods for a ban for wrong think.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Mesome713

@MirkoS77: Gets with the times old man, you sound like the old timers who were fighting to keep segregation.

They not taking my white kids spot in school, o hell no!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 MirkoS77

@mesome713 said:

@MirkoS77: Gets with the times old man, you sound like the old timers who were fighting to keep segregation.

Keep segregation?

I’m not the one supporting the position, ‘POC can’t be voiced by whites, but whites can be by POC’, while not providinga defense or argumentation for such racist double standards, all the while virtue signaling to others in condescension.

Thankfully both of you are being called out by everyone else for such stupidity and blatant bigotry. This place isn‘t ResetEra, but that appears to be where you two belong.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Mesome713

@MirkoS77: Its called payback beach. We taken this shit back. Yall arent calling nobody out, yall are just whining about change like the oppressors have for thousands of years. Your time has come. They have oppressed POC for way too long, we fighting back. Kickin ass and taken names.

Next your gonna tell us its ok for white actors to paint their faces black. GTFO!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 MirkoS77

@mesome713 said:

@MirkoS77: Its called payback beach. We taken this shit back. Yall arent calling nobody out, yall are just whining about change like the oppressors have for thousands of years. Your time has come. They have oppressed POC for way too long, we fighting back. Kickin ass and taken names.

Next your gonna tell us its ok for white actors to paint their faces black. GTFO!

Such candor is refreshing, thanks.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 texasgoldrush

@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

Keep segregation?

I’m not the one supporting the position, ‘POC can’t be voiced by whites, but whites can be by POC’, while not providinga defense or argumentation for such racist double standards, all the while virtue signaling to others in condescension.

Thankfully both of you are being called out by everyone else for such stupidity and blatant bigotry. This place isn‘t ResetEra, but that appears to be where you two belong.

Take your white grievances elsewhere.

So white people not being able to acceptably say the n-word (with the "a"), while black people can say it is double standard?

Voice acting roles of color is similar to this.

Here is a hint, people of color face far more racial discrimination than white people, hence it is why POC can voice white people but white people cannot voice POC. Plain and simple.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 blaznwiipspman1

@texasgoldrush: Cheezus man, youre spouting the talking points of the white supremscists in reverse. MLK would be rolling over. Who gives a f who plays who, it’s just skin color, and I’m saying this as a minority too.

And yes, we minorities do get stepped on, less opportunities, and so on. I think it’s good to fight for this and to get more representation and equality. But there’s a fine line when fighting for equality versus hating against a group of people just because they got more than you. Would you hate on the lottery winners? It’s never ending circle just to hate. Just work hard and enjoy life, don’t worry about what another man has and what you don’t.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Mesome713

@blaznwiipspman1: MLK was against white people painting their faces black. Hed be agaist white people pretending to be the voice of black people too.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By MirkoS77
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

Keep segregation?

So white people not being able to acceptably say the n-word (with the "a"), while black people can say it is double standard?

Here is a hint, people of color face far more racial discrimination than white people, hence it is why POC can voice white people but white people cannot voice POC. Plain and simple.

Take your racism elsewhere. Preferably to ResetEra, where you'd be welcomed with open arms and backed by a moderation team which has openly expressed itself to being racist (Delphine).

But finally, a semblance of an argument.

The n-word holds historical context behind it that held one race in subjugation to another. I don't even agree that I believe it proper for blacks to use it amongst themselves given this history, the word and its implications are abhorrent and should be rejected entirely, but then unlike you I'm not one to believe that just because history played out a certain way, racism is permissible against some but not others because of past power dynamics, historical context, or some such rubbish as the Left continually pushes to justify their bigotry. Racism is racism, period, its nature doesn't become less or more potent or acceptable/condemnable due to circumstances.

The worst thing about people like you is that you're not only racist, but you laughably attempt to frame it as somehow being morally superior and use it to virtue signal to others about it. Mesome (despite his post feeling to be in jest and trolling a bit) is at the very least, honest: it isn't about equality. It isn't about betterment. It's about vengeance against big bad whitey for the sins of the past.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By texasgoldrush

@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

Keep segregation?

Take your racism elsewhere. Preferably to ResetEra, where you'd be welcomed with open arms and backed by a moderation team which has openly expressed itself to being racist (Delphine).

The n-word holds historical context behind it that held one race in subjugation to another. I don't even agree that I believe it proper for blacks to use it amongst themselves given this history, the word and its implications are abhorrent and should be rejected entirely, but then unlike you I'm not one to believe that just because history played out a certain way, racism is permissible against some but not others because of past power dynamics, historical context, or some such rubbish as the Left continually pushes to justify their bigotry. Racism is racism, period, its nature doesn't become less or more potent or acceptable/condemnable due to circumstances.

The worst thing about people like you is that you're not only racist, but you laughably attempt to frame it as somehow being morally superior and use it to virtue signal to others about it. Mesome (despite his post feeling to be in jest and trolling a bit) is at the very least, honest: it isn't about equality. It isn't about betterment. It's about vengeance against big bad whitey for the sins of the past.

So is casting white people in roles of color. That also has a racist historical context as well.

Did you ignore that history?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By texasgoldrush
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@texasgoldrush: Cheezus man, youre spouting the talking points of the white supremscists in reverse. MLK would be rolling over. Who gives a f who plays who, it’s just skin color, and I’m saying this as a minority too.

And yes, we minorities do get stepped on, less opportunities, and so on. I think it’s good to fight for this and to get more representation and equality. But there’s a fine line when fighting for equality versus hating against a group of people just because they got more than you. Would you hate on the lottery winners? It’s never ending circle just to hate. Just work hard and enjoy life, don’t worry about what another man has and what you don’t.

So how is not allowing white people voice roles of color hating them? Nevermind that non-white people also commit acts of racism, some who have attacked AAPI people on the street are black for instance, and there is colorism in the Latin American community. But white people simply put, have the worst history when it comes to racism and they should accept that. It isn't about hate.

And what if that "another man" has something he got from wrongful means, are you going to accept that?

The fact is that the norm today is that white people cannot voice roles of color (and usually its supposed to be someone of the same race and ethnicity as well), but the opposite is acceptable. I didn't make this up, its just the norm now days. Even South Park abides by these norms.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#189 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

increasing something by 90%, by having non-white character voice roles go to folks from that group so you can have proper representation in terms of the voice acting casts as well?

Having authentic representation works on a variety of fronts. It's not an imitated accent if there is an accent, and you diversify the work force side of it by a group of people who aren't getting the same opportunities their white colleagues are.

I understand the other goons being stupid about this, that tracks. You're not that dumb tho Cup, surely you get the value of why its better to actually have proper representation and why this has now become an industry standard, on top of yeah its brownie points of going "look at us, we're less racist now".

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 uninspiredcup

@jg4xchamp said:
@uninspiredcup said:

increasing something by 90%, by having non-white character voice roles go to folks from that group so you can have proper representation in terms of the voice acting casts as well?

Having authentic representation works on a variety of fronts. It's not an imitated accent if there is an accent, and you diversify the work force side of it by a group of people who aren't getting the same opportunities their white colleagues are.

I understand the other goons being stupid about this, that tracks. You're not that dumb tho Cup, surely you get the value of why its better to actually have proper representation and why this has now become an industry standard, on top of yeah its brownie points of going "look at us, we're less racist now".

No.

Get more people into the industry, and by that I don't mean artificially assigning them props on the premise race rather than ability like they are handicapped. That in itself is patronizing, judging someone on a stat or perceived injustice rather than individual ability.

Mean you're not white, if someone gave you a job role over a white guy because you're darker skinned and he felt you were owed something you'd honestly be ok with that? I wouldn't. Walk away.

If someone gave me the opportunity to learn and hone a skill so I'd be better at the job and get it, because of that, yes.

At the end of the day the consumer cares (and should only care) about the voice quality. It's either good, or it's bad voice work. Her being Asian doesn't magically make her better, and it's not even an Asian accent to begin with. Going by reaction quite the contrary.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By MirkoS77

@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

Keep segregation?

So is casting white people in roles of color. That also has a racist historical context as well.

Is it always racist to cast whites as POC, like using the n-word is always racist? No.

Your argument is as dumb as saying only blacks can serve fried chicken because fried chicken has been used to be racist against blacks. There is nothing intrinsically racist about a non-POC portraying a POC.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 blaznwiipspman1

@texasgoldrush said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

So how is not allowing white people voice roles of color hating them? Nevermind that non-white people also commit acts of racism, some who have attacked AAPI people on the street are black for instance, and there is colorism in the Latin American community. But white people simply put, have the worst history when it comes to racism and they should accept that. It isn't about hate.

And what if that "another man" has something he got from wrongful means, are you going to accept that?

The fact is that the norm today is that white people cannot voice roles of color (and usually its supposed to be someone of the same race and ethnicity as well), but the opposite is acceptable. I didn't make this up, its just the norm now days. Even South Park abides by these norms.

Its hate, plus lots of great white actors who played black roles, robert downey jr in tropic thunder was a fantastic performance. Your dumb rules would be a tragedy to our entertainment industry, and creativity. You need to take that stick out of your rear end. Most people have "racist" tendencies, or tribal nature. Even I have it, and its something I know is wrong but ive gotten better over the years. If i need blood, do you think i'll be asking what color skin the donor had?

Yes, I will accept it that another man has something he got from wrongful means. So what, if the world doesn't work your way? You can and should try to change things, which is why I am fully supporting anyone that tries to get more equality and diversity. But hating against white people while you're doing it...like I said, MLK would be rolling over.

I don't care about the bs norms either, f south park too. I'd be happy to see anyone perform any role as long as they can do a good job at it. This ada chick is a sad sack and screwed it up bad, thats just the bottom line.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Mesome713

@blaznwiipspman1: Tropic Tunder was a comedy making fun of white racist who black face. Same as the oppressors who steal POC voices. The fact you not realizing and trying to use as an example is pretty sad mate.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 texasgoldrush

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Its hate, plus lots of great white actors who played black roles, robert downey jr in tropic thunder was a fantastic performance. Your dumb rules would be a tragedy to our entertainment industry, and creativity. You need to take that stick out of your rear end. Most people have "racist" tendencies, or tribal nature. Even I have it, and its something I know is wrong but ive gotten better over the years. If i need blood, do you think i'll be asking what color skin the donor had?

Yes, I will accept it that another man has something he got from wrongful means. So what, if the world doesn't work your way? You can and should try to change things, which is why I am fully supporting anyone that tries to get more equality and diversity. But hating against white people while you're doing it...like I said, MLK would be rolling over.

I don't care about the bs norms either, f south park too. I'd be happy to see anyone perform any role as long as they can do a good job at it. This ada chick is a sad sack and screwed it up bad, thats just the bottom line.

Except the rules that I have laid out, the industry already adopted, the vast majority of it. Disney will not cast a white person in a role of color today. Neither would the vast majority of animation studios and even gaming. Not doing so will bring wrath down upon the studio and a headache the studio doesn't need. In fact, not recasting Ada Wong would have gotten Capcom flak.

So you will just roll on over, is that right? You are going to roll over and let white nationalists control what kids learn, erase anything that deals with the darkness of the past, etc. Here is the deal, calling for white people to recognize and accept their terrible role in history and conscious and unconscious racism isn't hatred. Its the right thing to do. Hell, Heather Heyer, a white woman, was killed in Charlottesville doing just that. And white nationalists and supremacists get absolutely no quarter as long as the hold their views, period.

And no, MLK is no moderate "go along to get along" figure you are trying to make him out to be. He was actually a democratic socialist who said to beware of the white moderate. He was a fighter, not a wuss.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 texasgoldrush
@mesome713 said:

@blaznwiipspman1: Tropic Tunder was a comedy making fun of white racist who black face. Same as the oppressors who steal POC voices. The fact you not realizing and trying to use as an example is pretty sad mate.

THIS

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By texasgoldrush
@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Is it always racist to cast whites as POC, like using the n-word is always racist? No.

Your argument is as dumb as saying only blacks can serve fried chicken because fried chicken has been used to be racist against blacks. There is nothing intrinsically racist about a non-POC portraying a POC.

Except that the norm is now that it is. You are refusing to accept this. There is no debate.

Its you not accepting reality that is the dumb thing here.

You aren't getting debated, you are getting "told".

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By uninspiredcup

If you were a big fan of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air does this count as a free N word pass?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

Keep segregation?

It sounds plain and retarded.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 texasgoldrush

@palasta said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

Keep segregation?

It sounds plain and retarded.

Well boo hoo. Welcome to the real world.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#200  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@mesome713: It’s an interesting attitude to have. I mean, a white President essentially ended slavery. A white Supreme Court essentially ended segregation (unanimously). I’m not saying that having grievances against any certain ethnic group isn’t a human flaw that we all struggle with, but in the case of America, it seems that there have always been whites who were against the racism. I’m just saying that the whites who helped fight alongside POC (including hundreds of thousands of whites who died in the American Civil War) probably deserve more than a blanket “We taking this back b****.”

At the end of the day, though, I truly believe that we are all ONE race (human), and that we can trace all of humanity back to a common ancestry. Whenever anyone is oppressed or disliked because of their ethnic background, they are receiving undue punishment from their own kin.

But to circle around back to the topic, I have no issue with the new Ada. I like her new look and appreciate the voice.