User Lists: 5

#101 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6881 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@silentchief said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@silentchief said:
@mesome713 said:

" My Ada is a survivor. She is kind, just, intelligent, and funny. She is unpredictable, resilient, and absolutely not a stereotype. "

Dang, my lady Lily came back strong and knocked them haters out the park. Theyll think twice next time they try to bring that racism and sexual harassment in the House of Gao. Im proud of the Capcom producers and directors for going against the grain and making Lily the first ever Asian Woman to play the Asian Ada Wong. Im tired of these scaredy cats trying to plug white actors into roles of color in fear theyll get cancelled. I say F dem haters, its time we go to war against these haters. We taken everything they got!

Are you playing a character on this forum are you really that cringe inducing? Here is the reality. She sucks as a voice actress and when she got called out on it she played the race card.

Or you are playing the white supremacist race card, and she is perfectly fine going after the haters.

You're a certified reset-era nutjob.

They are much better than a certified white supremacist. And you show the signs of a white supremacist.

You think everyone's a white supremacist who doesn't subscribe to your batshit insane takes 🤣🤣 all while openly being racist towards white people. Or perhaps you're a self loathing white guilt liberal. Either way you have terrible takes.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By Silentchief
@texasgoldrush said:

"Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that further dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect."

Hence white actors are not appropriate in roles of color. Lily Gao nails this.

None of the other Ada Wong game acting roles were appropriate, and Jolene Andersen should never have been cast as Ada in RE2 Remake.

By that standard Christopher Judge should be replaced as Kratos. So you're either a lunatic with a double standard or you have a shitty take on voice actors.

You would have a point If this was a live action adaptation but it isn't.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14902 Posts

@silentchief said:
@texasgoldrush said:

"Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that further dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect."

None of the other Ada Wong game acting roles were appropriate, and Jolene Andersen should never have been cast as Ada in RE2 Remake.

By that standard Christopher Judge should be replaced as Kratos. So you're either a lunatic with a double standard or you have a shitty take on voice actors.

You would have a point If this was a live action adaptation but it isn't.

Because people of color are allowed to be in white voice roles. You can whine about double standards all you want, but that is how things are.

@silentchief said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@silentchief said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@silentchief said:

Are you playing a character on this forum are you really that cringe inducing? Here is the reality. She sucks as a voice actress and when she got called out on it she played the race card.

Or you are playing the white supremacist race card, and she is perfectly fine going after the haters.

You're a certified reset-era nutjob.

They are much better than a certified white supremacist. And you show the signs of a white supremacist.

You think everyone's a white supremacist who doesn't subscribe to your batshit insane takes 🤣🤣 all while openly being racist towards white people. Or perhaps you're a self loathing white guilt liberal. Either way you have terrible takes.

Or that you actually promote those views with your takes. I can tell.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Silentchief

@texasgoldrush:

Because people of color are allowed to be in white voice roles. You can whine about double standards all you want, but that is how things are.

Except Im not the one whining! White people are allowed to voice people of colors voice roles. Sorry your butthurt about it and hate white people but that's the way it is. You may as well learn to deal with it.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7205 Posts

@Fairmonkey: She didnt fail, Crapcom failed. She did exactly what Crapcom told her to do. Cause, thats her job. Yet you dont see people sending racist insults, death threats, and sexual harassment toward Crapcom. O no, they attack the woman of color. But she's use to it, as a woman of color she has to deal with these low lives everyday. But thats gone change, we fighting back.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

@mesome713: i dont think she should be personally harassed but the vocal performance is not good. I dont dislike it because she is chinese or a woman or whatever. It just doesnt SOUND good. Whether its crapcoms fault or her fault or partially both. Im eagerly waiting for a mod to fix it. Regardless if it was a white woman or not in the original, it just sounded a hell of a lot better there

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Mesome713

@Fairmonkey: I thought she sounded boring. But this thread isnt about that. Its about the harassment that was thrown at her. Crapcom sucks bad for these weak performances. But then again, they Crapcom, theyve sucked at VA's for ages.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6059 Posts

@last_lap said:

@texasgoldrush: Are you of a mixed race? Because you can't speak for them if you're not.

I see you ignored this post which tells me all I need to know.

@texasgoldrush said:

So white people can't play black people and vice versa, which means the black guy who plays the bald white dude in God of War should be recast too then.

I'm happy for whomever to voice whomever, it's a non-issue for the majority of the population, but you're trying so hard to make it one.

Anyway i'm done here talking about this.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6059 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Nothings stopping you from scoring her, maybe someone else will debate you over it. So go ahead give everyone your score.

I wanted your opinion, and your opinion only.

Well, we all want things we can't have, chalk this one up as one for you :(

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#112  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts
@kathaariancode said:

Just because she received racial insults it doesn't mean she can play the race card. Next time she should focus on important acting stuff like being more sexy.

lol

Imo, the "sexiness" of the old Ada voice was very campy, and it fit really well with the overall campiness of the game. To say that you're sexist for wanting a "sexier" voice is just silly. Leon also sounded very macho, but it isn't "sexist" to want that, for some reason.

It's pretty sad to me that everything has to be boring now. Or else people will be "offended".

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

She's attempting to play the victim card in defense of her terrible acting. No one cares about your ethnicity, your sex or gender.

Your voice acting was flat out atrocious.

You can tell she was reading from a script, half asleep at that.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3413 Posts

@last_lap: Yes and haired people shouldn't play bald people that's very offensive.

@theam0g: Who's those "no ones", does it include all people sending her racist and sexist insults?

Gamers are really a special kind of crowd, so she's getting attacked online and she should just take it? Why, because some shitty character that made them horny was written differently now?

She's not responsible for the writing, design, animation or character direction. Ultimately she's not even responsible for the acting direction. Once she delivers her lines is up to the director to decide if they're happy and how it will fit within the story and animation work that might not even be available for the actor. Fucking obnoxious and simple minded people.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58988 Posts
@silentchief said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Yes.

To be clear as well, I differentiate "actually seeing the actor" to the voice.

It means absolutely jack shit what race Ada Wong was, what actually matters is ability and performance. And from what I can tell the previous actress was doing just fine.

In the case of above, had 0 problem with Lance Reddick as Wesker, because he played him perfectly, camp as ****. Hamming it up. He just happened to be in a shitty show that didn't care about the source material and generally felt and looked nothing like it. Haven't watched the new RE movie so I can't really comment. But no Clair ponytail, what's even the point?

What you're getting here isn't judging people on ability, but ticking boxes to please people with pink hair, hang around Resetera all day and are probably on a register.

Almost like, judging a person on their merits rather than origin isn't racist.

Fine with Resetera though, it's always fine.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#116 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69524 Posts

Well this happened

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#117 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

I like new Ada’s voice and how confidently laid back it sounds. Then again, I’m a guy with a monotone voice, so maybe I’m just biased, haha.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 texasgoldrush

@silentchief said:

@texasgoldrush:

Except Im not the one whining! White people are allowed to voice people of colors voice roles. Sorry your butthurt about it and hate white people but that's the way it is. You may as well learn to deal with it.

No, it is you with the white grievance, which gives you away.

And no, in the vast majority of casting today, white people are not cast in roles of color, because it is whitewashing. And white actors who were miscast in roles of color, even for a long time, have rightfully stepped down.

https://www.thewrap.com/white-voice-actors-recast-characters-of-color-simpsons-family-guy-photos/

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/22/21326824/white-voice-actors-black-characters-cartoons-whitewashing

So no, even from white actors who were miscast in roles of color think they aren't allowed to voice people of color.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By uninspiredcup

I get the argument that it is factually overwhelmingly white folk. 0 disputing that.

But doing dumb shit to the detriment of the product isn't the way to go about it.

The dumbest shit seen lately is that Mario has be Italian.

It's a' me, the a' offensive stereotype that a' keeps a' getting away with a' it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By uninspiredcup

Just thinking as well. Shit needs to be localized.

For Mace Windu we need to find a black dudes for all 7,117 known languages spoken. Send out spotters in Taiwan with little racially appropriate zoomy goggles. be great. This is the future.

Loading Video...
Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Silentchief
@texasgoldrush said:
@silentchief said:

@texasgoldrush:

And no, in the vast majority of casting today, white people are not cast in roles of color, because it is whitewashing. And white actors who were miscast in roles of color, even for a long time, have rightfully stepped down.

https://www.thewrap.com/white-voice-actors-recast-characters-of-color-simpsons-family-guy-photos/

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/22/21326824/white-voice-actors-black-characters-cartoons-whitewashing

So no, even from white actors who were miscast in roles of color think they aren't allowed to voice people of color.

Do you even hear how batshit insane and racist you sound? I'm glad people are finally learning that listening to people like you does nothing but bankrupt companies.

Not all actors think that way and those that do will find a way to talk themselves out of any roles in the future.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@texasgoldrush: I mean that's like uh, your opinion, dude. I found her boring and I couldn't give a shit what race she is, how old she is, whether she likes peanut butter and jelly or not. She sounds bored and old to me. Doesn't fit her character model at all.

But like I said, not a super huge deal. The rest of the game is fantastic so I can get over her flat delivery.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 texasgoldrush

@poe13 said:

@texasgoldrush: I mean that's like uh, your opinion, dude. I found her boring and I couldn't give a shit what race she is, how old she is, whether she likes peanut butter and jelly or not. She sounds bored and old to me. Doesn't fit her character model at all.

But like I said, not a super huge deal. The rest of the game is fantastic so I can get over her flat delivery.

Well she will be the DLC main character.

And no, her delivery fits her character and how they rewrote her.

@silentchief said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@silentchief said:

@texasgoldrush:

Do you even hear how batshit insane and racist you sound? I'm glad people are finally learning that listening to people like you does nothing but bankrupt companies.

Not all actors think that way and those that do will find a way to talk themselves out of any roles in the future.

Wrong. And companies that are racially conscious are far from going bankrupt.

And less and less white actors are being cast for roles of color. That is the trend and the correct one.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

She was a bit flat with her delivery.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

This thread was never going to go well. 😅

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@texasgoldrush: again thats your opinion and its great that you liked it but go through this very thread and its clear that she was flat, monotone, uninspired, etc among many people here that played the remake.

We really wanna keep going back n forth saying "no your wrong, she was great" "no your wrong she was awful"? You arent going to change my mind and im not gonna change yours so lets agree to disagree. Otherwise we are just picking at dirt with this stupid "your wrong" opinionated argument.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#127 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts
@mycatismilk said:

Also, since when is Asian considered “people of color?” I guess I assumed that’s people who are black or more darker complexion, not another white skinned person?

You mean East Asians more specifically? Because Asians come in all shades.

Either way, "white people" usually means European descent, just as "black people" usually means Sub-Saharan African descent. A pale East Asian is thus not considered a "white" person, just as a dark South Indian is not considered a "black" person.

Ironically, there are many white nationalists who consider East Asians to be "honorary whites"... But that's usually because they're weebs and need an excuse to justify being both a Japanophile weeb and a white nationalist at the same time.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jag85

@texasgoldrush said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Unless it's for Persona dubs tho, gotta read the fine print.

Because they are not the main actors for the role, and it is a specific case where a Japanese game company allowed them to voice Japanese characters, so permissive use is granted.

But I play it voiced in Japanese, how its meant to be played.

But then, wouldn't that same argument apply to the previous Resident Evil games? It was Capcom, a Japanese company, who decided to cast a white woman for the voice of Ada.

I also prefer listening to the original voices rather than the dub... But I'm surprised you have the same preference, since I didn't think you're much of an anime or JRPG guy (unless it's Dragon Quest).

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By texasgoldrush
@Jag85 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Unless it's for Persona dubs tho, gotta read the fine print.

Because they are not the main actors for the role, and it is a specific case where a Japanese game company allowed them to voice Japanese characters, so permissive use is granted.

But I play it voiced in Japanese, how its meant to be played.

But then, wouldn't that same argument apply to the previous Resident Evil games? It was Capcom, a Japanese company, who decided to cast a white woman for the voice of Ada.

I also prefer listening to the original voices rather than the dub... But I'm surprised you have the same preference, since I didn't think you're much of an anime or JRPG guy (unless it's Dragon Quest).

Resident Evil 7 and 8, along with the Remakes of 2,3, and 4, were written in English by a western writer.

It is not a dub.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Jag85

@texasgoldrush: But who is responsible for the casting? It's not always the writers who decide the casting, but it's usually the producers and casting directors. Also, the original games had Japanese writers. Ultimately, Capcom has the final say in who gets cast.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush: But who is responsible for the casting? It's not always the writers who decide the casting, but it's usually the producers and casting directors. Also, the original games had Japanese writers. Ultimately, Capcom has the final say in who gets cast.

Yet Capcom themselves have to watch who they cast as well.

Resident Evil is so westernized and features American lead characters. This is not some JRPG dubbing work.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jag85
@texasgoldrush said:

Resident Evil is so westernized and features American lead characters. This is not some JRPG dubbing work.

Your argument just seems a bit inconsistent. On the one hand, you oppose white actors ever voicing non-white characters... Unless it's a JRPG, then it's okay?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Your argument just seems a bit inconsistent. On the one hand, you oppose white actors ever voicing non-white characters... Unless it's a JRPG, then it's okay?

The reason why I exclude Persona and dubs of Japanese characters in anime is because the dubbers aren't the real voice of the character, the Japanese VA is. Its permissive use of their own people.

But even dubs should cast actors of color for roles of color the best they can.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

She was god awful and immediately noticeable.

What’s wrong with people not owning up to their flaws? Instead of acknowledging mistakes, improving and making yourself better, it’s easier for people to blame external forces.

Then they live in a social media bubble full of “fans”/ yes-men that will only encourage their lack of growth or enable unhealthy behavior.

She was bad. End of story. Were some people out of line? Probably, but that’s the nature of the business.

She should suck it up… actually no. Less sucking. She already is bad enough at the part.

Just move on and do better.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By texasgoldrush
@Ghost120x said:

She was god awful and immediately noticeable.

What’s wrong with people not owning up to their flaws? Instead of acknowledging mistakes, improving and making yourself better, it’s easier for people to blame external forces.

Then they live in a social media bubble full of “fans”/ yes-men that will only encourage their lack of growth or enable unhealthy behavior.

She was bad. End of story. Were some people out of line? Probably, but that’s the nature of the business.

She should suck it up… actually no. Less sucking. She already is bad enough at the part.

Just move on and do better.

The whole game didn't have great voice acting in general, but Luis and Leon's VA's are not Asian women, which people think are much easier targets. Racism is definitely in play here,

And once again, they did take the character in a different direction and Gao brought the voice to that.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Jag85

@texasgoldrush: I agree that there does seem to be a racial element to the backlash. The "woke soundtrack" nonsense is a dead giveaway the alt-right are behind the insane over-the-top backlash... Seriously, scoring 1/10 just because of Ada and a non-existent "woke soundtrack"?

As for your argument that white VAs shouldn't voice non-white characters... I disagree. It just doesn't make sense, as we're never going to see them on-screen. If the character doesn't have an accent specific to a certain community, then it makes no difference. Unless the reason you're arguing this is to give more opportunities to non-white VAs? That would make more sense if that's the reason.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush: I agree that there does seem to be a racial element to the backlash. The "woke soundtrack" nonsense is a dead giveaway the alt-right are behind the insane over-the-top backlash... Seriously, scoring 1/10 just because of Ada and a non-existent "woke soundtrack"?

As for your argument that white VAs shouldn't voice non-white characters... I disagree. It just doesn't make sense, as we're never going to see them on-screen. If the character doesn't have an accent specific to a certain community, then it makes no difference. Unless the reason you're arguing this is to give more opportunities to non-white VAs? That would make more sense if that's the reason.

Read Lily Gao's explanation. She states exactly why characters of color should be cast properly.

There is a reason why The Simpsons no longer let white actors voice roles of color.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Jag85
@texasgoldrush said:

Read Lily Gao's explanation. She states exactly why characters of color should be cast properly.

There is a reason why The Simpsons no longer let white actors voice roles of color.

I've read her explanation. Not sure what you're referring to in her explanation. Something about stereotypes and privelege? I'd like to hear what your own reasoning is.

That's because Apu has an Indian accent. It just sounds silly when a white guy tries to do a fake Indian accent. That's why it makes sense to recast his voice actor. The same doesn't apply to Ada. She doesn't have a Chinese accent, but has an American accent. Does it really make much difference if a White American or Asian American voices her?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Mesome713

@Jag85: Yes, as she stated in her comment it matters to millions of people. Not only does it continue to oppress an already overly oppressed people of color, but it also makes it worst for in the future when they try to correct the issue. Ada should have never been voiced by anyone other and we wouldnt have the issue we have now when trying to correct our mistake. Here is Lily's qoute,

" Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect. "

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Jag85

@mesome713: That's somewhat true for stereotypical characters (like some of The Simpsons characters)... But is Ada really a stereotypical character who is dehumanising to Asian women?

Either way, it's up to Capcom how they choose to cast their characters from now on. It seems they'll probably try to match the race of the voice actor from now on, like what Ubisoft have been doing for a while now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Jag85 said:

@mesome713: That's somewhat true for stereotypical characters (like some of The Simpsons characters)... But is Ada really a stereotypical character who is dehumanising to Asian women?

No. You're adding context. She sounds like a sultry American Bond woman, which she is most likely influenced by. Like other aspects of RE.

Basically they are talking shit, grasping at straws, throwing logic out the window to be progressive because the far (far) left feel people of certain races have a social disability where they shouldn't be judging Individual ability but how they look - with generous THACO role before the game begins.

On paper the idea is well meaning, in reality it's stupid and arguably racist itself. Demeaning them as needing a doggy pat on the head.

Ultimately what it boils down to is "does she suck? Is she better?"

From what I can tell for most, no. Some people trying to pad it as "ain't so bad bro", it's still a detriment to the product for some patronizing illogical garbo.

And while it might not seem like a big deal, letting this kind of thinking become the norm will grow like a tumor.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Jag85

@uninspiredcup:

That's kind of what I mean. Ada strikes me more as a stereotypical Bond girl, rather than a stereotypical Asian woman. I don't think she's dehumanising to Asian women anymore than Bond girls are to white women.

I haven't played the full game (only the demo where she doesn't appear), but from the voice clips I heard... Yeah, Ada's new voice sounds dry. It lacks the "Bond girl" sultriness her character was known for.

If Capcom want to match the race of the voice actor with the character, that's within their right (although I don't see much point)... But there are plenty of Asian American VAs who would've sounded better.

But the backlash is still ridiculous. Ada is just a minor side character. It's not a big deal. That doesn't justify bombarding Metacritic with 1/10 ratings... But at least that would make people realize never to take Metacritic user scores seriously. They need some user verification system like Steam or Rotten Tomatoes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Jag85 said:

But the backlash is still ridiculous. Ada is just a minor side character. It's not a big deal. That doesn't justify bombarding Metacritic with 1/10 ratings... But at least that would make people realize never to take Metacritic user scores seriously. They need some user verification system like Steam or Rotten Tomatoes.

Both of these also have review bombing. And generally alot of their takes are still awful.

I like Starwars, this might be surprising. Read some of the dumbest shit about "woke" crap. Like the latest Ahsoka trailer is from a guy who basically made the best Starwars shit since ROTS, but alot of 0 research goobers are throwing a bitch fit because it's "all woman" and "woke", when in reality if they actually watched the show it's based off "Rebels", the ending literally has the main male villain and hero blast off a gazilion miles away, literally the driving force of the plot. Along with the fact it actually does have multiple males in the trailer, if they weren't stupid.

Chalk this up to alt media, your Quarterings, Criitical Drinker types etc.. Causing brain rot the youth. Basically the opposite end of you're mentalist Resetera type folk, but can at least say they are well meaning while most of these people that influence you're average review bombing screecher are grifters putting bile into the world for $$$.

Steam itself still can be useful for a general quick consensus. If something sits with "overwhelmingly positive", chances are it actually is a good game.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Jag85
@uninspiredcup said:
@Jag85 said:

Both of these also have review bombing. And generally alot of their takes are still awful.

I like Starwars, this might be surprising. Read some of the dumbest shit about "woke" crap. Like the latest Ahsoka trailer is from a guy who basically made the best Starwars shit since ROTS, but alot of 0 research goobers are throwing a bitch fit because it's "all woman" and "woke", when in reality if they actually watched the show it's based off "Rebels", the ending literally has the main male villain and hero blast off a gazilion miles away, literally the driving force of the plot. Along with the fact it actually does have multiple males in the trailer, if they weren't stupid.

Chalk this up to alt media, your Quarterings, Criitical Drinker types etc.. Causing brain rot the youth. Basically the opposite end of you're mentalist Resetera type folk, but can at least say they are well meaning while most of these people that influence you're average review bombing screecher are grifters putting bile into the world for $$$.

Steam itself still can be useful for a general quick consensus. If something sits with "overwhelmingly positive", chances are it actually is a good game.

I haven't noticed any review bombing on Rotten Tomatoes ever since they introduced the new verification system a few years ago... But yes, that hasn't prevented review bombing on Steam. However, at least the Steam review bombs are justifiable, as they're usually over technical issues rather than the dumb political shit we see on Metacritic (and the old Rotten Tomatoes).

I haven't seen the Ahsoka trailer... Or anything from Star Wars in years. The sequel trilogy was ruined by the "Mary Sue" nonsense that Disney were peddling, which just made Rey a dull, bland protagonist. Disney pulled the same shit with the Mulan remake, changing her from a triumphant underdog to a basic Mary Sue. So I can see where the backlash towards female protagonists is coming from, but that's only because Disney writers are terrible and don't know how to write interesting female protagonists anymore.

This is why I stopped caring about the "culture wars" years ago. The alt-right and SJW left are both cringe. They just pick teams and feed off each other in an endless feedback loop. There doesn't seem to be much room for moderation or critical thinking anymore.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By texasgoldrush
@Jag85 said:

Either way, it's up to Capcom how they choose to cast their characters from now on. It seems they'll probably try to match the race of the voice actor from now on, like what Ubisoft have been doing for a while now.

That is not the point. In fact, more realistic characters actually have an even bigger reason to be properly cast. For example, Erika Mori as Alex Chen in Life is Strange True Colors.

And do not equate the dangerous alt right to the just annoying "SJWs".

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#146  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts
@mesome713 said:

@Jag85: Yes, as she stated in her comment it matters to millions of people. Not only does it continue to oppress an already overly oppressed people of color, but it also makes it worst for in the future when they try to correct the issue. Ada should have never been voiced by anyone other and we wouldnt have the issue we have now when trying to correct our mistake. Here is Lily's qoute,

" Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect. "

This is such a stupid argument I don't even know where to begin.

"Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect."

IT'S GODDAMN VOICE ACTING.

The woman is reading a script written by Capcom! In what degree can someone even be allowed to "perpetuate an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect" through their voice? What, intonation? I'd love to know how someone's voice could "dehumanize". Give me a break. What she contributes to RE4 is so insanely superficial that it is incapable of speaking to the larger cultural distinctions that would even be able to grant such offenses, or credits, to cultural considerations.

Maybe someone can give an accent that is insulting and overly stereotypical if they really tried to make themselves such a offensive caricature, but you'd really have to try very hard to do so, and further, casting an Asian wouldn't somehow preclude that. I listen to Ada's voice acting; there's nothing in it that speaks, "Asian!" to me, nor anything that honors or speaks respectfully to such culture. It could be white. It could be black. It's all the same.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 texasgoldrush

@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

"Inauthentic casting perpetuates an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect."

The woman is reading a script written by Capcom! In what degree can someone even be allowed to "perpetuate an unhealthy image that dehumanizes the community they seek to reflect" through their voice? What, intonation? I'd love to know how someone's voice could "dehumanize". Give me a break. What she contributes to RE4 is so insanely superficial that it is incapable of speaking to the larger cultural distinctions that would even be able to grant such offenses, or credits, to cultural considerations.

Maybe someone can give an accent that is insulting and overly stereotypical if they really tried to make themselves such a offensive caricature, but you'd really have to try very hard to do so, and further, casting an Asian wouldn't somehow preclude that. I listen to Ada's voice acting; there's nothing in it that speaks, "Asian!" to me, nor anything that honors or speaks respectfully to such culture. It could be white. It could be black. It's all the same.

No, its simply not appropriate today for a white actor to voice a character of color without real honest and rare permissive use.

And the vast majority of animation and games follow this.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

No, its simply not appropriate today for a white actor to voice a character of color without real honest and rare permissive use.

No, nobody needs permission, aside from the pathetic Leftist snowflakes who cannot even provide a rational explanation aside, "because we said so.....". Provide an actual logical argument; then make it consistent as to why it's appropriate for a PoC to voice a white, but not the other way around.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Mesome713

@MirkoS77: Yeah, after a long day of being oppressed as a person of color nothing makes me feel better than knowing my favorite person of color RE badass character is voiced by my oppressor. You had one job Capcom, make it right.

Bro you want her voice? What else you want, you want her eyes, her lips, her hair? What else does my oppressor want to take from me? Hell, take it all! Im use to having less.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 texasgoldrush

@MirkoS77 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@mesome713 said:

No, nobody needs permission, aside from the pathetic Leftist snowflakes who cannot even provide a rational explanation aside, "because we said so.....". Provide an actual logical argument; then make it consistent as to why it's appropriate for a PoC to voice a white, but not the other way around.

Wrong. And the vast majority of the industry follows what I have said.

And white people need to understand that PoC can do things that white people simply cannot.