Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So what was up with the ISIS stuff and the SOE Entertainment president threat having to redirect the plane?

Are these the same shit heads?

They are doing it to get more attention. One of their recent retweets is really disturbing and it's related to John Smedley.Don't post the retweet at all.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#352  Edited By Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

is this attack in thr states or world wide, i have no problem with my PSN at all so i'm wondering if its affecting some people, not everyone :S

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#353 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@darkangel115 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

lolxboxlive. PSN is vast. A multilayered network of unprecedented complexity. It is the worlds BIGGEST online community and of course, is the biggest magnet for hackers. Why would hackers waste their time with a novice service like Xbox Live since there's far fewer feathers to russle. LOL ROFL LMFAO

They spent all day yesterday trying to take it down and failed actually. You should check you facts. I even linked the site here so you could watch it in realtime. Their servers took a pounding and never failed. They basically have too many servers that the hackers couldn't create enough traffic to take them down. not to mention they aren't centralized. They have 4 data centers in the US alone and can shed load to other data centers if one is getting hit with a DDoS. Even the hackers gave credit to MS and laughed at sony. Facts suck when they don't benefit your fanboy propaganda huh?

Erm.. Only messin' about. I don't really care if you get a hard on over M$ and their cloud powah. That's your call.

I could clearly care less. If MS went down and sony didn't I'd say the same. Life is better when you enjoy both consoles :) but facts are facts

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#354  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@lostrib said:

It's just confusing because as far as I've heard this is a DDOS attack, nothing to do with compromising user data

It's pretty simple really. Everytime anything that requires more than general knowledge (financial, technical, ect) gets discussed in SW fanboys from all over can't help but comment on it and reveal just how stupid they are.

So a DDOS attack becomes an intrusive hack, and once they've read it in SW it's become truth forevermore.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 super600  Moderator

@Mickeyminime said:

is this attack in thr states or world wide, i have no problem with my PSN at all so i'm wondering if its affecting some people, not everyone :S

It was affecting everyone worldwide. They have now moved on to services like twitch.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#356 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@super600 said:

@Mickeyminime said:

It was affecting everyone worldwide. They have now moved on to services like twitch.

A bit off topic, but do you know of any other services? I had trouble watching movies on VUDU this afternoon....

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@b4x said:

I do hate games that are zero competition.

Don't bother.

You know, there's a history there.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By super600  Moderator

@brucebenzing said:

@super600 said:

@Mickeyminime said:

A bit off topic, but do you know of any other services? I had trouble watching movies on VUDU this afternoon....

I heard they attacked the vatican site, twitch, blizzard's battle net servers,a couple of other mmo game's servers,xbox live(but they failed) and other sites like tumblr.They also DDOS the dns servers of some internet provider in the US.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#359  Edited By Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Is the PSN store still down/down again? I trying to get in on the PS3 to check out Ratchet and Clank: into the nexus, but it says it down for maintenance.:x

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@Wanderer5 said:

Is the PSN store still down/down again? I trying to get in on the PS3 to check out Ratchet and Clank: into the nexus, but it says it down for maintenance.:x

It was down then back up earlier today but now I think their scheduled maintenance is finally in effect unless it's down again.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

@gago-gago said:

@Wanderer5 said:

It was down then back up earlier today but now I think their scheduled maintenance is finally in effect unless it's down again.

Yeah I guess they went forward with their maintenance, through the site is still up so I got the game from there and send it to my PS3 to download lol.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#362 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

why are they doing this?! Twitch has been down for hours now. Now I can't watch PR Rog body some scrubs on SFIV or iPickGames or WShand speed-running a Resident Evil game!

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#363  Edited By T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

@delta3074 said:
@tormentos said:

Apparently you don't know what a DDOS attack is right.? lol

PSN had a hack in 2011 yet it was xbox live who suffer constant credit card losses all gen last gen. lol

@darkangel115 said:

you do realize that limited doesn't mean its down. They put it in limited if it isn't 100% the PBS app had issues and they put it in limited until PBS fixed their app. They also put it in limited because blizzard went down and it affected diablo 3 but still had nothing to do with XBL itself. They do that so people know there is an issue with something, but it isn't always MS or XBL related

It has problems period.

'PSN had a hack in 2011 yet it was xbox live who suffer constant credit card losses all gen last gen. lol'

Not to the tune of 77 million dude.

'It has problems period.'

Not as many Problems as PSN has

It's not even debatable,SONY suffered far more from this DDOS attack than XBL did

Straight from the horses mouth

'Props to MS for giving us a challenge, good job. SONY, smh (shaking my head)'

Says it all really,lol

So hold on a second here....

Are you saying that the hackers themselves are actually giving props to MS while at the same time giving Sony the thumbs down?!

Where was this? Is there a link?! I just don't understand cows. Look.... when you're backed in a corner your backed in a corner. I mean how do you spin something like that?! You can't! When you have the perpetrators giving props to MS and shi**ing on Sony what further evidence do you need that XBL is just better than PSN!

Yet somehow in the fantasy cow mind PSN is better than XBL. Next thing ya know cows will get delusional to the point where they'll say some silly sh*t like, " Hey Lizardsquad you're doing something wrong...PSN is superior to XBL. You made mistakes in your hacking. Do it again and you will see that PSN is better!!"

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Indeed, here is the link:

Thats funny because on xbox 360 accounts where hacked like it was nothing,even Major nelson own account got hit..which says it all.

Nothing is safe online MS has more experience with DDOS attacks that is all,yet in their 360 accounts fly into pirates hand,and is well documented.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#366 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Thats funny because on xbox 360 accounts where hacked like it was nothing,even Major nelson own account got hit..which says it all.

Nothing is safe online MS has more experience with DDOS attacks that is all,yet in their 360 accounts fly into pirates hand,and is well documented.

doesn't change the fact that the lizardmen obviously felt that SONY's online security was much weaker than Microsofts.

,'yet in their 360 accounts fly into pirates hand'

i am assuming you meant that Many Xbox 360 Accounts end up in the hands of pirates.

1) Provide evidence of that

2) i doubt it's anywhere near 77 million.

Major Nelsons account getting hit has no bearing on anything, it's still only ONE account .

You can keep trying to Spin this as much as you like, the evidence is NOT in your favour so you are not winning this one.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Do Sony even own the servers PSN runs on? I know in the PS3 days they just leased them from Akamai which has ~150,000 servers total (you have to guess PSN runs on less than 50% of those?)

Microsoft claims to have 300,000 servers dedicated for Azure, so yeah at least double the capacity.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

I had absolutely no problem with my 360 or X1 account during these attacks.. tormento's are you that much of a fan boy that you can't admit that Microsoft has a more secure environment then sony? after what happened in 2011 Sony should be much better prepared for this shit.. Especially now that they are charging us for PSN.. . You're so blinded by your fan boy bs it's a joke.

The team of people doing the attacks straight up says MS is running a more secure network and yet we're suppose to listen to you? a forum warrior who gets all of his info from wikipedia and google searches?

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@Bishop1310 said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

I had absolutely no problem with my 360 or X1 account during these attacks.. tormento's are you that much of a fan boy that you can't admit that Microsoft has a more secure environment then sony? after what happened in 2011 Sony should be much better prepared for this shit.. Especially now that they are charging us for PSN.. . You're so blinded by your fan boy bs it's a joke.

The team of people doing the attacks straight up says MS is running a more secure network and yet we're suppose to listen to you? a forum warrior who gets all of his info from wikipedia and google searches?

Question, do you know what a DDOS attack is?

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Are lems still congratulating these dickheads for screwing over gamers online for a few hours? Guess they're gladly willing to sacrifice anything resembling shame for what approaches "ammo" on System Wars nowadays.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#373 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

thread full of lems because they dont have any games to play

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#374 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@nervmeister said:

Are lems still congratulating these dickheads for screwing over gamers online for a few hours? Guess they're gladly willing to sacrifice anything resembling shame for what approaches "ammo" on System Wars nowadays.

Nobody is congratulating them, just laughing with the cows that believed Sony's lies, again.

What lie? What company has ever said their systems are DDOS proof?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By super600  Moderator

It looks like lizardsquad can't post on twitter anymore. They may be going to jail soon.

And they are back.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#376  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Get you're shi$$ together Sony god damn, this is pathetic, fix ya shit Sony!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#377 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

They've pretty much trolled the mainstream media, which is actually taking their claims seriously and referring to them as ISIS hackers. Now this is becoming a joke gone too far.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Liquid_ said:

Thread full of cows because they can't get online

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@Liquid_ said:

Thread full of cows because they can't get online

PC wins while the goons fight.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Hahaha, that's a story from 2010, but whatever makes you sleep at night... We are now 4 years later, any reports this year from Xbox One accounts being hacked? Nope. XBL went down because of DDOS? Nope. PSN went down because of DDOS? Yes. But yeah sure PSN is better than Azure.

No that is not a story from 2010..

Since 2007 xbox live account have been stolen.

http://kotaku.com/5873604/is-microsofts-xbox-live-hacking-problem-worse-than-microsoft-realises

http://kotaku.com/5913228/report-how-scammers-are-stealing-xbox-live-accounts-and-what-they-do-with-them

Like i already show it wasn't on 2010 since 2007 and on 2012 Kutaku even make an article about how live account were been stolen,and how there even was a blackmarket for live accounts with cool names,where tags were stolen and then sold.

No one is safe online,and PSN doing down 1 day has nothing to do with azure been better you blind biased MS ass kisser,it has to do with the fact that MS has been dealing with DDOS attacks for endless years more than sony.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 tormentos
@FastRobby said:

Sony said security was much better now, well it isn't. People are paying for a service couldn't be used.

Prove that is not...

DDOS attack can even affect MS and it did certain services had problems and xbox live show it on its status.

Was anything stolen.? No.? Then their security is better anything can go down with a DDOS,MS was lucky this time,have you see MS claim their system is DDOS attack proof.?

Yes because they are not,sony security is better and you failed to answer the question with a valid answer.

Wow for a whole day big deal,more than that i spent without playing anything offline or online when my fu**ing 360 RROD,like millions out there and people like you say sh** about it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Hahaha, that's a story from 2010, but whatever makes you sleep at night... We are now 4 years later, any reports this year from Xbox One accounts being hacked? Nope. XBL went down because of DDOS? Nope. PSN went down because of DDOS? Yes. But yeah sure PSN is better than Azure.

No that is not a story from 2010..

Since 2007 xbox live account have been stolen.

http://kotaku.com/5873604/is-microsofts-xbox-live-hacking-problem-worse-than-microsoft-realises

http://kotaku.com/5913228/report-how-scammers-are-stealing-xbox-live-accounts-and-what-they-do-with-them

Like i already show it wasn't on 2010 since 2007 and on 2012 Kutaku even make an article about how live account were been stolen,and how there even was a blackmarket for live accounts with cool names,where tags were stolen and then sold.

No one is safe online,and PSN doing down 1 day has nothing to do with azure been better you blind biased MS ass kisser,it has to do with the fact that MS has been dealing with DDOS attacks for endless years more than sony.

Way to reply to his post without offering any response to his point.

your second link is about scammers stealing peoples details. Xbox live's security measures have been improved with the introduction of proofs and pass codes etc to make it harder for the thieves to break the security.

GTFO Tormentos and your made up deflections.

I love the part where it says "24 DAYS" Remember that? Shit went down like the Titanic but they raised and charge more money with leaks everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network_outage

.........And another one that was a separate incident, right after the large breach.

Sony holds back information and lies???? Nothing new to see here. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/04/sonys-black-eye-is-a-pr-problem-not-a-legal-one/

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By Shewgenja

Are we at that point where we argue in circles about shit that happened almost a half decade ago? I love it when threads do that.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Why are people still arguing about this, it happened on Sunday today is Thursday. They tried to take Azure down and failed and even admitted it what's left to argue about, PSN is back XBL held strong, end of story. What's even funnier is that people still arguing that PSN is stronger than XBL, it will never be as strong as XBL. M$ has a huge headstart on servers and Azure is just too profitable, it will not stop growing, over half of the fortune 500 companies use Azure.

@tormentos: You should stop dude if you have to bring up 9 year old incidents to prove your point then just stop and save yourself the humiliation. FYI all of that stuff you said about XBL can still happen on PSN, I remember when that was happening, People would send you and email saying go to X website to claim free xbox live points or live time. You go to the site enter your information and then find out it was a scam after they already had your login info. It's not the same as what happened on PSN where they actually took people info from Sony servers using brute force. You should think before you post.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 Shewgenja

@slimdogmilionar said:

Why are people still arguing about this, it happened on Sunday today is Thursday. They tried to take Azure down and failed and even admitted it what's left to argue about, PSN is back XBL held strong, end of story. What's even funnier is that people still arguing that PSN is stronger than XBL, it will never be as strong as XBL. M$ has a huge headstart on servers and Azure is just too profitable, it will not stop growing, over half of the fortune 500 companies use Azure.

@tormentos: You should stop dude if you have to bring up 9 year old incidents to prove your point then just stop and save yourself the humiliation. FYI all of that stuff you said about XBL can still happen on PSN, I remember when that was happening, People would send you and email saying go to X website to claim free xbox live points or live time. You go to the site enter your information and then find out it was a scam after they already had your login info. It's not the same as what happened on PSN where they actually took people info from Sony servers using brute force. You should think before you post.

Wow, for once I agree with something you posted. You know a thread went bad when that happens.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

Wow, for once I agree with something you posted. You know a thread went bad when that happens.

A couple tweets from the hacker.

If Sony wanted to they could easily HIRE a team to monitor servers and filter DDoS attacks. They too high a mighty to spend money. #RIP.

— Fame (@FamedGod) August 24, 2014

See atleast Xbox and Microsoft are smart and dont operate on one datacenter. Sony your fucking aids.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By tormentos

@FastRobby said:

The DDOS didn't affect MS, that was just standard problems that sometimes occur. FIFA Ultimate Team and Diablo 3 problems were already there before the attack...

No system in the world is DDOS attack proof as long as you got enough compromised PC's too flood the network. This just makes clear that Microsoft is more capable of handling DDOS attacks, compared to PSN, and thus better.

Don't have a clue what RROD has to do with this... That's a year 2005 story, 9 year old story... Should I start complaining about PS1 or PS2 problems, and still hold PSN and PS4 accountable for this? Ridiculous.

This time didn't affect MS it can who knows.

Problems were associated with the attacks,it was all over neogaf as well..

Oh MS was able to hold that one,not all 300k servers are for xbox live and that is something you should now,a big part of azure is for office 365 and other MS programs been able to take a hit doesn't mean it will take them all,either way PSN wasn't even down a damn day...lol

Year 2005 my ass RROD plague the xbox 360 until 2010 when the slim hit,5 years and millions of people could play sh** online or offline when their system failed,still to this day fat 360 still RROD and the 3 year old warranty is over.

So if people like you didn't care for been 3 weeks to 2 months waiting with nothing to play with until your unit arrived why the fu** would i care about a 1 day without playing online.

The PS2 or PS1 neither have a 50% fail rate nice try...lol'

@slimdogmilionar said:

9 year old incident my ass all fat 360 are prone to RROD,and those were stop been made on 2010,on 2005 MS haven't even acknowledge a problem they didn't do that until mid 2007,which is when teh 3 year warranty started.

Non of you complained about been weeks and some months without playing anything do to MS horrible unreliable hardware,but some how 1 day without PSN bother you hahaha such hypocrites.

It wasn't just scam unless you want to pretend that Major Nelson was scam on its own damn service.?

The fact that this happen alone proof that hack inside xbox live happen and were not just phish scams like MS claimed..

But what ever MS will never admit live been compromised their ego is to big,they have to almost suffer a total recall of the 360 before admitting that their hardware was faulty.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 B4X

@tormentos:

"The fact that this happen alone proof that hack inside xbox live happen and were not just phish scams like MS claimed..

But what ever MS will never admit live been compromised their ego is to big,they have to almost suffer a total recall of the 360 before admitting that their hardware was faulty"

You have proof of this? Prove to me this wasn't USER ERROR?

Why do you lie so much?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

at least now people have to actually attack it instead of it going all screwy once more than 12 people get on psn worldwide like when the ps3 came out.

that's some major progress.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By B4X

@tormentos: From the guy that took down PSN with the DDoS.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By Shewgenja

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

If Sony wanted to they could easily HIRE a team to monitor servers and filter DDoS attacks. They too high a mighty to spend money. #RIP.

See atleast Xbox and Microsoft are smart and dont operate on one datacenter. Sony your fucking aids.

DDoS is scriptkiddy shit. It's not a serious hack or infiltration. Why should the PSN need to operate out of multiple DCs? I know you'll look for anything to stroke the Xbox e-peen these days, especially after how the XBone has been dragged through the mud of its own design. That being said, this isn't some massive talking point.

PSN probably does have NetOps but when a wide-scale attack is being reported on your DC, you have to be pretty thorough on how you document and handle it. Probably the kind of thing someone who says "Sony your fucking aids." wouldn't really understand.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By B4X

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

DDoS is scriptkiddy shit. It's not a serious hack or infiltration. Why should the PSN need to operate out of multiple DCs? I know you'll look for anything to stroke the Xbox e-peen these days, especially after how the XBone has been dragged through the mud of its own design. That being said, this isn't some massive talking point.

PSN probably does have NetOps but when a wide-scale attack is being reported on your DC, you have to be pretty thorough on how you document and handle it. Probably the kind of thing someone who says "Sony your fucking aids." wouldn't really understand.

Yep that's me... Wanting a stable and secure server to play on that I'm PAYING for?

How dare me... If this shit is true it needs addressed?

How can you defend this in any shape or form. You should ask yourself that question?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#397  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

It's also well documented that when PSN was hacked the last time and was down for 28 days, Sony lied and said gamers accounts weren't compromised. Then a week later after the FBI and the government got involved. Sony came clean and said User's accounts and personal info had been accessed.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109568-Sony-Admits-Private-PSN-Info-Has-Been-Stolen-All-Of-It

Anyone with a brain knows that PSN has the weakest security for their network. It's been like this for years. Sony didn't care because it was FREE to gamers. Now they have to pay. it's a different ballgame.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#399 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@b4x said:

@tormentos: From the guy that took down PSN with the DDoS.

LMAO!! Tormentos will never admit XBL security is superior to PSN, even when the hackers themselves tell him. Now that's an ass kissing fanboy for you. The hacker is right, the problem is Sony can't afford a better, secure network without shelling out some serious millions. They ain't going to do that anytime soon. Sony cares more about gamers purchasing more PS4, then securing gamer's personal and CC information on their network. This is a fact, obviously.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

Are they doing server maintenance right now or what? A couple days back a DDos attack, then maintenance yesterday, and now it's down right now? What's going on this time?