Polygon Slams Dragons Crown with a 6.5/10 due to objectification of women.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

As many of you may have heard already our favorite gaming journalist's @ Polygon have once again supplied us with an article containing the most objective viewpoint possible.

The game was panned because apparently Huge boobs are bad, so are nice asses. Also The game objectifies women. But don't worry about the game itself that's apparently good.

Are we controversial yet?

This is where we have to start asking ourselves where is it ok to draw the line of what Is acceptable and fair to slam a game for. I personally find the artstyle beautiful, who else feels Polygon are masters of nitpicking,

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
This political correctness needs to die.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Didn't know that me old mate Drasonak got a job there. 

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ReadingRainbow4

This political correctness needs to die. clyde46

**** seriously, It's going to demolish creativity among artists in the industry when it starts ruining aggregate scores within the medium, If this continues to become a trend within the media. This PC Nature is just sickening.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Polygon is pretty shitty but so is this game. I don't care about the boobage (typical Japanese crap pandering to horny men) so I agree docking a game for something like that is dumb. Dragon's Crown isn't the only game to "objectify women;" it's pretty much industry standard.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
"muh feminism" basically any critique against this game boils down to that
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

link? Also I doubt anyone on SW wants to hear about you drawing a line as to whats acceptable or me for that matter. Infact no SW member should be talking about whats acceptable weve all lost that right.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReadingRainbow4

link? Also I doubt anyone on SW wants to hear about you drawing a line as to whats acceptable or me for that matter. Infact no SW member should be talking about whats acceptable weve all lost that right.

WilliamRLBaker

I wouldn't expect you to understand whether sexualism should be considered a valid critique within reviews given your only experience with women has most likely been a blow up doll.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
This is what happens when you let people like Anita live. Already corrupting most of the journalism, now going after devs like Cliffy B. Soon all we'll play are games as a transgender Samoan killing faceless mannequins with the power of speech.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

How do these people manage to survive in reality if they cannot see a nipple or a sexy woman without getting scared or angry.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ReadingRainbow4

How do these people manage to survive in reality if they cannot see a nipple or a sexy woman without getting scared/angry.
They are a sad bunch. Maybe we should lock them up in a safe place far away from the beautiful things in life.

KungfuKitten

Because skin is bad and violence is pure and natural.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
Polygon have employee from Kraptaku, so make sense begging for hit with feminist propaganda. After Mass Effect Fox media hype, trashy website think this is good way to winning attention.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
This is why opinions vary. The reviewer has the right to speak her mind, but it shouldn't become personal. She sounds like she's a very insecure female who doesn't have any self esteem. If this was reviewed by a male gamer (who it's probably aimed at), I'm sure it would have gotten at least an 8 or better from Polygon. I've seem similar things like this happen on Gamespot as well. This is why I don't take their reviews seriously. The game is obviously very good and gamers should just judge it for themselves.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
I absolutely agree with the review.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

This is obvious click bait, dont give Polygon and Kotaku the publicity they are looking for.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clyde46
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]This is what happens when you let people like Anita live. Already corrupting most of the journalism, now going after devs like Cliffy B. Soon all we'll play are games as a transgender Samoan killing faceless mannequins with the power of speech.

Reminds me of this.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
I absolutely agree with the review. freedomfreak
Sure you do, horndog.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ReadingRainbow4

grrr.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
I guess that they're going to start slamming games when the guys have big muscles? The review should be about the quality of art, gameplay, and story. Using a game as an excuse for a sexist agenda is ridiculous. Also... 47201030215PM_demotivational_posters_37. :P
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ReadingRainbow4

This is obvious click bait, dont give Polygon and Kotaku the publicity they are looking for.

crimsonman1245

There's a reason I didn't link it. But this is becoming a growing trend and is worth discussing.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

I'm not even going to comment on this, the purpose of such journalism is to stir controversy where there isn't any, so the best thing is to ignore it entirely, not give them the attention they so desperately crave.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
Yes you do. Yes you do
SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Liar.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

wait, what?? they should be be getting kudos for big boobs and nice asses. What is the world coming to? 

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rocker6

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

ReadingRainbow4

There's a reason I didn't link it. But this is becoming a growing trend and is worth discussing.

Smart man! :)

But then again, I don't think there's anything to be discussed here, this sort of journalism exists for a long time, and is best to be ignored. Starting heated discussions over it ultimately only generates more hits for the site, influencing them to stir more crap. But if you pay them no mind and give them no hits, you win!

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

Rocker6

But then again, I don't think there's anything to be discussed here, this sort of journalism exists for a long time, and is best to be ignored. Starting heated discussions over it ultimately only generates more hits for the site, influencing them to stir more crap. But if you pay them no mind and give them no hits, you win!

yeah I agree it has, but for vidya journalism it seems to be receiving a resurgence.

It'll be interesting to see how they review the next dead or alive game, hell maybe even the witcher 3, in one you collected cards after sleeping with them, lol.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

Rocker6

It's tough to ignore trolls for the entirety of the internet. It would be a great achievement if we can manage to ignore people like this who try to blemish us through our passion without making a good point.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
If I saw a woman with knockers like the sorceress, I would be I kind gentlemen and ask what are her views on important political issues.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Polygon can suck my salty left nut.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

ReadingRainbow4

yeah I agree it has, but for video game reviews it seems to be receiving a resurgence.

It'll be interesting to see how they review the next dead or alive game, hell maybe even the witcher 3, in one you collected cards after sleeping with them, lol.

They'd give them a lower score while bringing up complaints unrelated to the overall quality of the game, causing a lot of anger from the Internet, which ultimately only results with more hits for the site, leaving them as the winner in the whole ordeal.

The thing is, even when this "political correctness" trend goes out of style, it'll just be replaced with something new, sadly, there'll always be an easy method of stiring controversy and provoking people over nothing. That's why I always stay away from "hot topics" like religion, politics, etc, on the Internet. It never ends well.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Im all for objectifying women but this just looks stupid :P 

All of the character models in that game just look flat out dumb from what I've seen. 

amazon.png

A 6.5 isn't a bad score so Im not sure why you're complaining anyways. Its just one person's opinion 

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

I guess that they're going to start slamming games when the guys have big muscles? The review should be about the quality of art, gameplay, and story. Using a game as an excuse for a sexist agenda is ridiculous. Also... 47201030215PM_demotivational_posters_37. :Psuperclocked

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Im all for objectifying women but this just looks stupid :P 

All of the character models in that game just look flat out dumb from what I've seen. 

amazon.png

A 6.5 isn't a bad score so Im not sure why you're complaining anyways. Its just one person's opinion 

mems_1224
What does her diet consist of? Boulders?
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

KungfuKitten

It's tough to ignore trolls for the entirety of the internet. It would be a great achievement if we can manage to ignore people like this who try to blemish us through our passion without making a good point.

True... it's impossible for the Internet as a whole to come anywhere near being level-headed, but I don't care about it, as I can't do anything. Ultimately, I'm just making sure for myself to never get provoked in any way by these journalistic trends.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
I bet this same reviewer has no problem playing games like Gears where you saw enemies in half with chainsaws that are attached to guns. A little smut (not even smut, really) and "ermygherd." What a crazy world we live in where violence is more acceptable then T&A.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

yeah I agree it has, but for video game reviews it seems to be receiving a resurgence.

They'd give them a lower score while bringing up complaints unrelated to the overall quality of the game, causing a lot of anger from the Internet, which ultimately only results with more hits for the site, leaving them as the winner in the whole ordeal.

The thing is, even when this "political correctness" trend goes out of style, it'll just be replaced with something new, sadly, there'll always be an easy method of stiring controversy and provoking people over nothing. That's why I always stay away from "hot topics" like religion, politics, etc, on the Internet. It never ends well.

But the hot topics are always the most fun :P

It is probably best to ignore polygons sensationalistic journalism, The thing that pisses me off the most however is Gies defending his reviewers crediblitiy based solely on her being female, not on the body of her work.

That's truly sexism.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rocker6

amazon.png

mems_1224

What the hell is that... thing?

Alright... I must admit, I am feeling a bit offended now, for having to see that! :P

krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

ReadingRainbow4

I wouldn't expect you to understand whether sexualism should be considered a valid critique within reviews given your only experience with women has most likely been a blow up doll.

hahhaha dude why are you so mean?
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]

amazon.png

Rocker6

Alright... I must admit, I am feeling a bit offended now, for having to see that! :P

she's buff and busty.

Buffsty.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

krayzieE99

hahhaha dude why are you so mean?

Because I'm the one who knocks.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]

Rocker6

exactly

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mems_1224

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]

ReadingRainbow4

she's buff and busty.

Buffsty.

no she just busted.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clyde46

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

ReadingRainbow4

But the hot topics are always the most fun :P

It is probably best to ignore polygons sensationalistic journalism, The thing that pisses me off the most however is Gies defending his reviewers crediblitiy based solely on her being female, not on the body of her work.

That's truly sexism.

This whole "muh feminism" nonsense is like a cancer.
Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#47 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

I have to admit the boobage on that game seems kind of ridiculous and creepy.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#48 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i agree there is a point of OVERUSE. Has much has i love anime. Few anime just take it to the next level

Amazon

thats quite overused IMO

Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
Why are there so many threads about this on system wars?
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
It's a game. Don't like the themes, don't play it.