Playstation Move - 4.1 Million in Two Months

• 435 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Good grief. There are three Move SKUs. The standalone wand. The starter pack. And the console bundle.

These are what constitute the 4.1 million units.

The navigation controller and PlayStation Eye sales aren't counted.

People need to learn to read.

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 ownage_denied
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"] Isn't that what Sony announced. Sony said 4.1 million without "stand-alone PlayStation Eye camera or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controller shipments", each wand does constitute a sell after all.

vaderhater

I believe it only includesMove controller SKUs, not standalone Wands + "the other controller unit".

Oh sorry "the Nav":roll: See its proof they add the Move SKU's + Wands+ "the other controller unit"

I have to say that this is the most entertained I've ever been on system wars.

But back to the topic, I don't see this "proof" you're talking about.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Good grief. There are three Move SKUs. The standalone wand. The starter pack. And the console bundle.

shinrabanshou
Indeed.
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

I believe it only includesMove controller SKUs, not standalone Wands + "the other controller unit".

ownage_denied

Oh sorry "the Nav":roll: See its proof they add the Move SKU's + Wands+ "the other controller unit"

I have to say that this is the most entertained I've ever been on system wars.

But back to the topic, I don't see this "proof" you're talking about.

Look his link was talking about the Entire package SKU. Do they not sell the Wand and the Nav controller separate? How do they account for them then? Simple

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 ownage_denied

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

themyth01

Indeed.

Weren't you agreeing with vader that theMove SKU's + Wands + "the other controller unit" = the standalone wand, the starter pack, and the console bundle?

The standalone wand, the starter pack and the console bundle = the Move SKU's.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#206 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

ownage_denied

Indeed.

Weren't you agreeing with vader that theMove SKU's + Wands + "the other controller unit" = the standalone wand, the starter pack, and the console bundle?

:? All I posted is what Sony said which seems to coincide with the person I quoted, in other words, a sale = either of (1) Standalone wand (2) starter pack (3) console bundle. That's all I said.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 vaderhater

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"] Indeed.themyth01

:? All I posted is what Sony said which seems to coincide with the person I quoted, in other words, a sale = either of (1) Standalone wand (2) starter pack (3) console bundle. That's all I said.

So how many people had to buy two wands to get a two player game going on one machine? These probably are not all separate customers. And I call BS on the nav numbers not being counted.

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 ownage_denied

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"] Indeed.themyth01

I love this thread :D .

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ownage_denied

[QUOTE="themyth01"]

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

vaderhater

So how many people had to buy two wands to get a two player game going on one machine? These probably are not all separate customers. And I call BS on the nav numbers not being counted.

I don't think there's any way we could possibly know this at the moment.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"]

ownage_denied

Oh so how is it in more households (then Kinect) or will continue to be? LOL now I love this thread!

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 ownage_denied

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]So how many people had to buy two wands to get a two player game going on one machine? These probably are not all separate customers. And I call BS on the nav numbers not being counted.

vaderhater

Oh so how is it in more households (then Kinect) or will continue to be? LOL now I love this thread!

I don't think anyone said it was in more households, just that it had higher total sales. It's very fun watching the speculation though.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#212 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
4.1 millions controllers sold in two month... when you lookj at it this way it's a so so statistic... I mean some people bought 2 easily . Still it'S quite a succes for move Good job sony!
supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 supdotcom
Member since 2010 • 1121 Posts

that's pretty impressive, me myself I didn't expect it to sell much, but I guess sony did their homework.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
4.1 millions controllers sold in two month... when you lookj at it this way it's a so so statistic... I mean some people bought 2 easily . Still it'S quite a succes for move Good job sony! haris12121212
Well even worse since Sony has already admitted that the 4.1 million is sold to stores not customers.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]So how many people had to buy two wands to get a two player game going on one machine? These probably are not all separate customers. And I call BS on the nav numbers not being counted.

vaderhater

No one said anything about households except you.

You were proven wrong.

Deal with it.

ownage_denied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 ownage_denied

[QUOTE="haris12121212"]4.1 millions controllers sold in two month... when you lookj at it this way it's a so so statistic... I mean some people bought 2 easily . Still it'S quite a succes for move Good job sony! CanYouDiglt
Well even worse since Sony has already admitted that the 4.1 million is sold to stores not customers.

They've still been paid for them. Also,"While we don't disclose our exact sell-through [to customers] number, the key is that our retailers continue to ask for more Move units and are taking every unit we can supply them with based on their sales and strong demand."

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

shinrabanshou

You were proven wrong.

Deal with it.

No I wasnt. Shipped remember?

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]Oh so how is it in more households (then Kinect) or will continue to be? LOL now I love this thread!

vaderhater

You were proven wrong.

Deal with it.

No one said it wasn't shipped/sold-in.

You said navigation controllers were included. You were wrong. Or illiterate. Pick one.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

vaderhater

You were proven wrong.

Deal with it.

Shipped to stores not households.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]No one said anything about households except you.

You were proven wrong.

Deal with it.

shinrabanshou

You said navigation controllers were included. You were wrong. Or illiterate. Pick one.

Some guys were trying to pass this 4.1 mill off as ownage to the Kinect. Guess what? Denied

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
Hmm seems these controllers have been quite successful for both parties. Good for Sony and MS. I know quite a few people right now still planning to buy these controllers. navstar29
Yeah controllers are selling at nearly the same pace.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="themyth01"]

[QUOTE="ownage_denied"]

vaderhater

You can call BS all you want, but Sony has the numbers and all your have is a speculation. Companies don't do it for the fanboys to use as ammunition in gaming debates, they're obligated to provide the right information to their investors.

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]No I wasnt. Shipped remember?

vaderhater

Some guys were trying to pass this 4.1 mill off as ownage to the Kinect. Guess what? Denied

Why don't you tell that to the "some guys" you're referring to?

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 shinrabanshou

vaderhater

Cool story bro.

Here's the take-home message again.

Despite $500 million, Oprah, Ellen, Bieber, Ne-Yo, Leona Lewis, Marky Mark, The New York Times, MTV, Time Magazine, Dance Central flashdancing in Times Square with massive YOU Are the Controller! billboards abounds - they're still competitive.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"]

Gxgear

You can call BS all you want, but Sony has the numbers and all your have is a speculation. Companies don't do it for the fanboys to use as ammunition in gaming debates, they're obligated to provide the right information to their investors.

So investors dont care how many navs are sold? Fine then they shipped 4.1 million. How many separate households? How many households bought two for two player action? We do not know? But what we do know is you only require one Kinect for two players.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]Some guys were trying to pass this 4.1 mill off as ownage to the Kinect. Guess what? Denied

shinrabanshou

Cool story bro.

Despite $500 million, Oprah, Ellen, Bieber, Ne-Yo, Leona Lewis, Marky Mark, The New York Times, MTV, Time Magazine, Dance Central flashdancing in Times Square with massive YOU Are the Controller! billboards abounds - they're still competitive.

You forgot Burger King :P.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]Some guys were trying to pass this 4.1 mill off as ownage to the Kinect. Guess what? Denied

shinrabanshou

Cool story bro.

How many households? How many per household? I highlighted your assumption. Cause that is still all it is really.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

vaderhater

So investors dont care how many navs are sold? Fine then they shipped 4.1 million. How many separate households? How many households bought two for two player action? We do not know? But what we do know is you only require one Kinect for two players.

If you're so keen on those questions maybe you should try and find out. I don't care any more about Kinect than I do Move, which is very little, so you can stop with the diversion tactics.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Gxgear

If you're so keen on those questions maybe you should try and find out. I don't care any more about Kinect than I do Move, which is very little, so you can stop with the diversion tactics.

Oh dont get all mad. Im just having fun.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

vaderhater

Cool story bro.

How many households? How many per household? I highlighted your assumption. Cause that is still all it is really.

An assumption based on numbers presented, rather than pure speculation like yours that each person is buying a dozen of them to decorate their Christmas trees.

In the crappy motion-controller wars 4.1 million Move SKUs have been sold to retailers worldwide, while Kinect has a 2.5 million (unreferenced) worldwide sell-through.

That's all the information available.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]So investors dont care how many navs are sold? Fine then they shipped 4.1 million. How many separate households? How many households bought two for two player action? We do not know? But what we do know is you only require one Kinect for two players.

vaderhater

I'm not mad, but you could try to come up with something more constructive the next time when I call out your BS.

Flame-Eternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Flame-Eternal
Member since 2009 • 234 Posts

I thought this was really amazing. Then I read the fine print.

1.) 75% in bundles.

2.) Numbers are based on units shipped, not units sold to consumers. Nobody knows what percentage of these are caught up in retail and sitting on shelves. But if Wal-Mart/Gamespot/Toys-R-Us/whoever bought them from Sony...Sony counts them as sales. And they are sales to Sony...but we all know that's only half the battle. all in all...meh. we may be talking about less than a million sold to consumers...but we'll never really know. because Sony doesn't keep "sold to consumer" numbers.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Gxgear

2.) Numbers are based on units shipped, not units sold to consumers. Nobody knows what percentage of these are caught up in retail and sitting on shelves. But if Wal-Mart/Gamespot/Toys-R-Us/whoever bought them from Sony...Sony counts them as sales. And they are sales to Sony...but we all know that's only half the battle. all in all...meh. we may be talking about less than a million sold to consumers...but we'll never really know. because Sony doesn't keep "sold to consumer" numbers.

Flame-Eternal

All companies use their shipped numbers as sale figures, standard business practice and what should be common knowledge by now.

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Gxgear

I'm not mad, but you could try to come up with something more constructive the next time when I call out your BS.

The only BS I called was your guys insisting that the Move was somehow dominant.LOL

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#235 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

I thought this was really amazing. Then I read the fine print.

1.) 75% in bundles.

Flame-Eternal
You can say the same about any sales that Microsoft posts, anyone beleiving that either side have pinpoint numbers on actual units moved to consumers is laughably wrong at best.
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 vaderhater

Damn that's a lot, and people said it would flop. ha ha. For reference Kinect is at 2.5 million.TintedEyes
Evidence right here by the way:) Night all.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]Oh dont get all mad. Im just having fun.

vaderhater

The only BS I called was your guys insisting that the Move was somehow dominant.LOL

Quoting the wrong person, I never said that.

Flame-Eternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Flame-Eternal
Member since 2009 • 234 Posts

[QUOTE="Flame-Eternal"]2.) Numbers are based on units shipped, not units sold to consumers. Nobody knows what percentage of these are caught up in retail and sitting on shelves. But if Wal-Mart/Gamespot/Toys-R-Us/whoever bought them from Sony...Sony counts them as sales. And they are sales to Sony...but we all know that's only half the battle. all in all...meh. we may be talking about less than a million sold to consumers...but we'll never really know. because Sony doesn't keep "sold to consumer" numbers.

Gxgear

All companies use their shipped numbers as sale figures, standard business practice and what should be common knowledge by now.

typically, yes. but Microsoft said that their 2.5 million Kinect figure was of retail sales. Retail sales are sales made at retail [to us].

Sometimes "common knowledge" turnes into "improper assumptions" that lead you astray. Always read full press releases. Sometimes you may get surprised.

You can say the same about any sales that Microsoft posts, anyone beleiving that either side have pinpoint numbers on actual units moved to consumers is laughably wrong at best.Jynxzor
I don't think we have any other source with which to believe? But none of these companies outright lie. They have shareholders to whom they must provide accurate numbers for wherewhich a lie would be sniffed out and cause big problems with their stocks and legally. You need to understand how much is at stake for these companies when you suggest "fudging/falsifying numbers" in publically traded corporations.

think about it.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
That's CONTROLLERS, not cameras. Most people own at least 2 controllers per camera...
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#240 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Considering 80+ million own a Nintendo Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if a fraction of that number would buy Playstation Move and Kinect. Just think about it. These gimmicks are going to sell to that "market."
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="Flame-Eternal"]2.) Numbers are based on units shipped, not units sold to consumers. Nobody knows what percentage of these are caught up in retail and sitting on shelves. But if Wal-Mart/Gamespot/Toys-R-Us/whoever bought them from Sony...Sony counts them as sales. And they are sales to Sony...but we all know that's only half the battle. all in all...meh. we may be talking about less than a million sold to consumers...but we'll never really know. because Sony doesn't keep "sold to consumer" numbers.

Flame-Eternal

typically, yes. but Microsoft said that their 2.5 million Kinect figure was of retail sales. Retail sales are sales made at retail [to us].

Sometimes "common knowledge" turnes into "improper assumptions" that lead you astray. Always read full press releases. Sometimes you may get surprised.

Again, when companies talk sales, they are talking shipped numbers. It is impossible to track down every single unit sale from every retailer to give you an exact number. This isn't your inventory night at the local Gamestop.

I'm afraid you're doing the improper assumption here, linking an article without actually thinking about it. We've seen this time and time again without fail, companies will report their "sales", and other publication will reveal them as shipped numbers. You're really going to take one press release from Microsoft themselves and take it at face value? :?

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#242 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I hate motion controls in general, but I want Move to be more successful because gaming without a controller is the worst idea ever.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="Flame-Eternal"]

Gxgear

Again, when companies talk sales, they are talking shipped numbers. It is impossible to track down every single unit sale from every retailer to give you an exact number. This isn't your inventory night at the local Gamestop.

I'm afraid you're doing the improper assumption here, linking an article without actually thinking about it. We've seen this time and time again without fail, companies will report their "sales", and other publication will reveal them as shipped numbers. You're really going to take one press release from Microsoft themselves and take it at face value? :?

Microsoft is atypically claiming sell-through this time. Although not based on any independent tracking data.

will-p101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 will-p101
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

not good enough.... sorry

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
This is gold. Every one heres knows sony and ms numbers had always been shipped to stores,now all of a sudden ms numbers are sold to costumers and not retailers,are people really this sad? Move will be counted like that because unlike kinect which you have to buy it hole,on move it can be bought in parts,it has to be that way,because there is a ton of people out there who already own a ps3 and the ps3 eye so they only need 1 $50 dollard wand,does that mean is imcomplete? No it doesn't because the owner already had the ps3 eye. And even if ms sell 5 million in 2 months(wich mean sold to retailers)that will be what 900,000 more than move? Amd some how this is incredible? How so MS invested 500millions promoting the thing as the second coming of christ,from oprah to tv add to other tv shows it has been adbertise every where to hell and back,sony hasn't spend half of what ms has. Hell Halo 3 gap in the same time over killzone 2 in million of units sold is much bigger than the less than 1 million units ms could sell more than move in 2 months and ms did not spend 500 millions promoting halo 3,this threat has transform into a lets speculate and flame move rather than actually devate its sales.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="Flame-Eternal"]

shinrabanshou

Microsoft is atypically claiming sell-through this time. Although not based on any independent tracking data.

Which is incredibly odd when we all know how sales work,this company has lie so much to people about kinect from payed actor faking that they are playing,to paying to people to make lines in japan,to actually lie about what kinect can do,not to recal the whole milo charade,and star wars montage,yet people still believe what ever they claim blindly. If there is something I learn from sony 1080p 60 fps+killzone 2 circa 2005 is that not everything a company say is the truth,more when their money and new product is on the line.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

That's CONTROLLERS, not cameras. Most people own at least 2 controllers per camera... BodyElite
The release said that 75% were bundles, not standalone controllers. Bundles mean either the starter pack or the console bundle. So, of that 4.1 million, that's over 3 million bundles, and 1 million stand alone controllers. At first glance, one would assume then that all those stand-alone wands are people buying second (third, fourth, etc) controllers to go with their bundles, meaning less than one-third of Move owners have multiple controllers, but there's more to it than that. Many people already had a camera (I've had one since 2007), and so didn't need the kit, just the wand. So at least some percentage of those stand-alone wands are not additional controlelrs, but rather new move owners who just didn't need the camera. If most people owned at least 2 controllers per camera, then you should have something more like under 50% bundles, over 50% stand-alone controllers...

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#248 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
cool i think its the best motion controller.. has any game other than games made for it used kinect??
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 TheXFiles88
Member since 2008 • 1040 Posts

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

Move - 4.1 Million in Two Months

Kinect - 2.5 Million in 25 Days

Definitely.

glenn2709

Not to mention that each individual SKU for Move counts as a sale. So every Wand, every Nav controller, every starter pack, and every Eye counts as a Move sale.

Those Kinect numbers are even more impressive when you factor in most Move owners have bought at least two Wands. I know 1 person who owns 8 wands so he can have 4 players play together.

Your statement is base on what may I ask? Cause everytime I see the word "Move" I only think of the lighted ball controller.

They counted 3 Move SKU's as individual sales (3x):

"...Again, we have no specific numbers on accessories sold, but Frazier says that each of the three PS3 Move SKUs made it onto the accessories top 10 list."

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/10/14/september-npd-halo-reach-and-madden-top-changed-npd-charts.aspx