Ok, Wii owners,im ending this once and for all (theres still friggin 56k users?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SLIisaownsystem
SLIisaownsystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 SLIisaownsystem
Member since 2009 • 964 Posts

i dont got any console this generation, i spend all my money to Nvidia.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

It's awesome that it takes two consoles to beat one. Also, all these wii owners you're complaining bout, have a PS3 or 360 or PC as well usually. So while you lems/cows/and hermits are enjoying great game, we sheep are enjoying those games plus more great games.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#203 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26113 Posts
[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="Pices"] *Gasp* But killzone 2 has graphics, blood and is a hardcore online shooter :D

*Gasp* But Metroid Prime Trilogy has smart level design, great puzzles, and a worthwhile single player mode!

I was being sarcastic :P , sheesh, couldn't you have noticed that?

Oh sorry. Sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet. Heck, people always think I am sarcastic, even though I'm not.
NinjaDuckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 NinjaDuckling
Member since 2009 • 965 Posts

I will say this for the third time...and I want a reply this time. How in the hell of it can a console with 140+ good games be considered bad?! I am using your logic (Scores on GR), don't shove in the "Bu- bu- those games don't interest me" BS.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
I will say this for the third time...and I want a reply this time. How in the hell of it is a console with 140+ good games bad?!NinjaDuckling
because your gifs are so good?
tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
[QUOTE="lilcross4"][QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"]

Pwnin' fanboys is so easy nowadays.lilcross4

Yup, he sure PWNT the hell out of me:roll:

All of those titles were included in the list of total AA's the Wii has.

No amount of spinning will change the fact that the Wii has the smallest amount of AAA and AA titles.

DID YOU READ THE FIRST REPLY? DID YOU? WELL HERE, LET ME SHOW IT TO YOU SENSE YOU APPARNTLY SKIPPED OVER IT LIKE A GENUIS. *Sigh* If you ask me half of the game I have own for wii are AAA. Ratings don't matter. It's all about opinion. No console is better than the other. So do me and other wii owners a favor and stfu. PWNED.

LMAO!! Wow! So much passion. It's okay. We can't all agree about the ratings of games. I'm sure some people would cosider "Too Human" or "Lair" AAAA, that's why he used gamerankings where the opinion of critics are averaged. I accept that to you, the Wii is the best console, but to the average passionate gamer, it's not.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#207 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Real men have more than one console, and aren't offended by other people's opinions like the TC's here... Lionheart08

No, real men get whatever consoles there parents buy for them, and in order to deal with their insecurities, bash every other console.

Pfft.. you're parents STILL buy your consoles? ... :P Lucky... :( Would help my wallet a lot...
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="NinjaDuckling"]I will say this for the third time...and I want a reply this time. How in the hell of it is a console with 140+ good games bad?!surrealnumber5
because your gifs are so good?

That gif of the PN girl is hot... I always wanted to play that game, but I heard it was short and lacking... :( So I never ended up getting it... I still wish I did now... it looks... smexy... :D
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Communistsheep
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"]I just love to see how laughable most of those games look compared to Killzone 2 and Little Big PlanetActicEdge

SMG is better than both those games. LBP plays worse than a lot of NES platformers.

And there wen't your credibilitty.
-CUBE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 -CUBE-
Member since 2006 • 708 Posts
Who cares about AAA titles? I'm currently having a blast with no more heroes -which I can only play on my wii- and I don't even know what score it got.; If someones is having fun with a console's exclusive because they're usually close to his personal preference in games, why should he care what score the games got from someone on the internet?
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#211 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26113 Posts
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"]I just love to see how laughable most of those games look compared to Killzone 2 and Little Big PlanetCommunistsheep

SMG is better than both those games. LBP plays worse than a lot of NES platformers.

I am a HUGE fan of LBP, but it's true. The controls are not very responsive. Doesn't mean the game isn't good. When a game is as responsive as a NES game, it's a good thing.
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts

This is a regular numbers thread with pics. Also, people still don't understand why some people use 56k?

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"]

Ok, all these "Wii has games" threads are starting to get on my nerves, so im going to show you what the liabrarys really look like for the PS3/360 compared to the Wii.

According to Gamerankings, if you only own a Wii, these are the only AAA titles you are playing:

And before you start saying "so we only play AAA's now"

Lemme break down AA and A's for you as well (im not grabbing pictures, that takes entirely too long):

wii: 40 AA 98 A

PS3: 80 AA 87 A

360: 106 AA 126 A

(note the above numbers are from like 3 weeks ago, so it might be off by 1 or 2 games)

and heres the A numbers as well

Wii: 98 A

PS3: 87 A

360: 126 A

lol, Wii has PS3 beat in A titles, but it has half the AAA and AA liabrary of PS3, and nearly a third of the 360's AAA and AA.

Sheep stop flooding system wars with your ":cry: Wii got gamez tooo!!!!" threads.

(also worth noting that half of the Wiis list of AAAs are ports of gamecube games, and the wii also has vastly inferior graphics than the PS3/360)

DISCUSS

lilcross4

Also note that the PS3 has only 3 AAA exclusives and the 360 has 5 and the wii has 3. Does that mean that the 360 is the top console? NO.

That's subjective anyway, so maybe.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"]I just love to see how laughable most of those games look compared to Killzone 2 and Little Big PlanetCommunistsheep

If I were to lose my credibility, you would be the last person who I took seriously about it.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 tok1879

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"][QUOTE="Pices"] You're ignorant aren't you? Galaxy can't be done on the GC, that killed your point there http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47538Pices

Oh my god, I cant believe im going to say this but anything possible on the wii is possible on a last gen console and viceversa :lol: its true... and truly pathetic as well if you ask me.

What would I expect from an ignorant fanboy? No proof, and that is what you have given me. Metroid prime 3, galaxy, re dc cannot be done on last gen consoles. You're just trolling. Check out the link.

...and Zelda: tp, you forgot zelda TP, Oh wait....
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

[QUOTE="Pices"]

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"] Oh my god, I cant believe im going to say this but anything possible on the wii is possible on a last gen console and viceversa :lol: its true... and truly pathetic as well if you ask me.tok1879

What would I expect from an ignorant fanboy? No proof, and that is what you have given me. Metroid prime 3, galaxy, re dc cannot be done on last gen consoles. You're just trolling. Check out the link.

Dude, TP was started on the GC, then ported to the Wii. FAIL.

Bringing up PORTS will get you nowhere.

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 tok1879
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="tok1879"][QUOTE="Pices"]

Dude, TP was started on the GC, then ported to the Wii. FAIL.

Bringing up PORTS will get you nowhere.

Well really? So how exactly do we know the others can't be ported as well? I'm sure TP would have made that list if it hadn't been known beforehand that it was being made for the GC. So yeah, your "FAIL" claim is entirely meaningless.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

until wii can get solid consistan third party support i don't think you can even compare PS3 or 360 to the wii.

EddieBGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 EddieBGreen
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

Which is why I feel very lucky to own the PC/Wii combo, not only do I get the superior version of every single multiplat. But I can get the most exclusives that I can from owning 1 single console.

tagyhag

Only way for tru-gamerz to go :-)

All the fun of the fayre.

And you can play with Rabbids.

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#219 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
You forgot Uncharted for Ps3, which got a score of 90% on Gamerankings. And isn't all of this common knowledge? I don't know why this thread was necessary but I agree sheep need to stop convincing themselves
runekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 runekey
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

No Super Paper Mario and no Okami = failure.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

Cool story bro. But who says that we have to play AAA only? Who says we even have to pay attention to ratings?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#222 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

My thing is - I don't play the numbers game - Yeah, the Wii has the least amount of high scoring titles - Thats great and all. Most of the titles that I've played on the PS3/360 that score "AAA" ... well, lets just say they don't appeal to me much and I personally don't find them deserving of those scores.

I play whatever games I want and whichever interest me. To me the Wii has the most amount of games that interest me, then my 360 and the PS3 are tied for whatever I want. I didn't care if I got a PS3 or a 360 - I got whichever was cheaper at the time so I could literally play one game I wanted last winter and that was Prince of Persia. Besides multiplat's I honestly believe the other two are pretty much equal for exclusives, where there are only a few that interest me - and out of the exclusives and multiplats, the multiplats are usually better - (I'd rather play COD4 then Halo 3 and Killzone 2 for example)

So what does this all mean?

Scores don't really mean anything - because in the end it comes down to ones taste. Scores are meaningless when it comes to a review. All that matters is the text - because you can see what pros/cons are consistent in each review. From there you can decide if a game is worth your time or not.

Haziqonfire

You are correct sir.

EddieBGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 EddieBGreen
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

Wii has a tonne of games that get wildly different scores from good sources.

Especially if they involve 'new play' controls.

But then you get used to this on the PC with games like Crayon Physics Deluxe or The Path.

There must be a better way of dealing with scores than an average. Universally acclaimed doesn't always mean univerally interesting.

I want to hit MC and pull up all the games with a 'Top 1/3' average of 8-10.

vdastampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#224 vdastampede
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts

The whole point of the "Wii has games" threads is because for every post that states the Wiis great library, there are at least 10 to 15 others saying the Wii has nothing good on it except "casual games. shovelware, and remakes" which is complete and total crap. Hence why so many people are out to show otherwise.

Your post however, has nothing to do with how many games the Wii has, but is about comparing them with the PS3/360 library and stating the the Wiis is inferior based off scores. Which is pointless because EVERYBODY looks for some loophole to disprove your point. "Only exclusives count, the site is prejeduce against that console, its only opinion so it doesn't matter."

In short, you've accomplished nothing.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm happy with the games on the Wii and am looking forward to a bevy of future titles as well. I can't say the same about my 360 though. My PS3 and Wii will be getting a lot of attention these next few months.

truegamer1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#226 truegamer1988
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts

take out multiplats and things will even up quite a bit....

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Wii wins in overall exclusives though, which are what usually count here.

-Oath

Systems don't exclusively play exclusives.

It's not really what "counts," Sheep just like to pretend SW has an unwritten rule that multiplats don't count. They don't count when you're comparing two systems that share a multiplat, for obvious reasons. But they certainly count against a system that doesn't share that multiplat.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#228 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts

-Oath
But the exlusives are all shovelware so if you count shovelware then yes, the wii wins that.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#229 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
Just buy and enjoy whatever console which lineup appeals to you. No need to act like a child about it.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

hakanakumono

Systems don't exclusively play exclusives.

It's not really what "counts," Sheep just like to pretend SW has an unwritten rule that multiplats don't count. They don't count when you're comparing two systems that share a multiplat, for obvious reasons. But they certainly count against a system that doesn't share that multiplat.

That is never argued here, 100% of the time totally exclusive games are used in AAAA, AAA, AA and A comparison.

Sheep didnt start this, if they did lems and cows wouldve tore them a new one about it long ago, SW as whole accepted it.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#231 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

93soccer
But the exlusives are all shovelware so if you count shovelware then yes, the wii wins that.

Actually no. Very few people buy shovelware. Most of the Wii's exclusives - like MadWorld or LKS - are great titles for Wii owners.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

93soccer

*Facepalm*

This kinda fail isnt even funny, its horrible. Just leave dude.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

-Oath

Which this thread isn't about, he's showing the entire picture and this thread shows how severely the Wii is lagging behind the competition.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

W1NGMAN-

Which this thread isn't about, he's showing the entire picture and this thread shows how severely the Wii is lagging behind the competition.

Thats all great a dandy. But as a Wii owner - I wouldn't want Assassin's Creed Wii.. or Modern Warfare Wii. Why? Because they'll be completely different experiences on the Wii and they'll be crap. So actually, I'm glad we don't have those titles on the platform.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

W1NGMAN-

With the combined titles of the PS3 and 360, yes.

GFugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 GFugue
Member since 2009 • 935 Posts
Wow, we found Sherlock. You promise me Wii has inferior graphics? The Wii wasn't made to have great graphics, but it was made to have a different control type. Honestly, I've met PS3 owners who are unhappy with their vg, 360 owners who are also unhappy with their vg, but I've never seen someone with a Wii complaint about it. I guess it must be fun, which is, guys, what matters, right? Or do you buy any game just because it has "Omghaxorz" graphics?
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

Haziqonfire

Thats all great a dandy. But as a Wii owner - I wouldn't want Assassin's Creed Wii.. or Modern Warfare Wii. Why? Because they'll be completely different experiences on the Wii and they'll be crap. So actually, I'm glad we don't have those titles on the platform.

That's because you're a multiconsole owner. The list just shows Wii only owners are missing out on a lot of great titles, why? Nintendo's decision to release a console with last gen tech for their benefit of being able to release a cheaper alternative to the gaming market. In doing so Wii only owners are screwed out of multiplat titles like Bioshock, MW2, GTA4...ect. ect.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#238 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

-Oath
Exactly and this thread should have waited for Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles and Red Steel 2, and i believe that Beatles rock band should be on Wii's list right?
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Funny fact: if you limit those lists to exclusives, all 3 only have 4 AAAE.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

789shadow

The 360 has 5, but I get your point.

NBSRDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#241 NBSRDan
Member since 2009 • 1320 Posts
Warning: The following post contains opinions. None of these opinions are stated as fact, and none of these opinions necessarily reflect the opinions of you, the reader. Notable Playstation 3 exclusives: Notable Playstation 3 multi-platform games: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II BioShock Cel Damage Overdrive Def Jam: Fight for NY Destroy All Humans! God of War Guitar Hero Guitar Hero II Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy Lego Star Wars: The Video Game Metal Slug Metal Slug 2 Metal Slug 3 Metal Slug 4 Metal Slug 5 Metal Slug 6 Ratchet & Clank Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal Rock Band Rock Band 2 Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus Sly 2: Band of Thieves Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves Star Wars: Battlefront Star Wars: Battlefront II Notable Wii exclusives: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Notable Wii multi-platform games: Cel Damage Def Jam: Fight for NY Donkey Kong Country Donkey Kong Country 2 Donkey Kong Country 3 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Lego Star Wars: The Video Game Mario Kart 64 Metal Slug Metal Slug 2 Metal Slug 3 Metal Slug 4 Metal Slug 5 Metal Slug 6 Rock Band Rock Band 2 Super Mario Bros. 3 Super Mario World Super Smash Bros. Melee World of Goo Notable Xbox 360 exclusives: Aegis Wing Castle Crashers Crackdown Halo 3 Hexic 2 Notable Xbox 360 multi-platform games: Banjo-Kazooie BioShock Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Destroy All Humans! Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved Guitar Hero II Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Halo: Combat Evolved Halo 2 Hexic HD Lego Star Wars: The Video Game Metal Slug 3 Rock Band Rock Band 2 Star Wars: Battlefront Star Wars: Battlefront II Best exclusive game: Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Best exclusive quantity: Xbox 360 - 5 Best multiplatform game: Xbox 360 - Halo: Combat Evolved Best multiplatform quantity: Playstation 3 - 28 Wii wins one category.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

Silverbond

No, 4. Gears 1 & 2, Halo 3, and GRAW.

stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Ok, all these "Wii has games" threads are starting to get on my nerves, so im going to show you what the liabrarys really look like for the PS3/360 compared to the Wii.

According to Gamerankings, if you only own a Wii, these are the only AAA titles you are playing:

TheArmyGuy48

This list is completely accurate. I dislike the Wii and I'm never going to own one, and these are the only games that look even remotely interesting on the platform. The only game I would actually pay 60$ for on that list is Metroid Trilogy because Metroid is amazing and the only Nintendo series that I regret not being able to own. The rest is just meh to crap.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Silverbond

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Are we using GS? Because I'm pretty sure it's 5.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Silverbond

The TC used Gamerankings scores.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Silverbond

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

The TC used Gamerankings scores.

That explains it. My bad.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 haziqonfire

That's because you're a multiconsole owner. The list just shows Wii only owners are missing out on a lot of great titles, why? Nintendo's decision to release a console with last gen tech for their benefit of being able to release a cheaper alternative to the gaming market. In doing so Wii only owners are screwed out of multiplat titles like Bioshock, MW2, GTA4...ect. ect.

W1NGMAN-

I was fine without a 360 or a PS3 for 2 years.

Even now I feel like I'd be fine not owning either one of those and keeping my Wii only.

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

[QUOTE="TheArmyGuy48"]

stepat201

This list is completely accurate. I dislike the Wii and I'm never going to own one, and these are the only games that look even remotely interesting on the platform. The only game I would actually pay 60$ for on that list is Metroid Trilogy because Metroid is amazing and the only Nintendo series that I regret not being able to own. The rest is just meh to crap.

This really has nothing to do with everything you just wrote, but they are only $50 for Wii games.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
[QUOTE="NBSRDan"]Warning: The following post contains opinions. None of these opinions are stated as fact, and none of these opinions necessarily reflect the opinions of you, the reader. Best exclusive game: Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Best exclusive quantity: Xbox 360 - 5 Best multiplatform game: Xbox 360 - Halo: Combat Evolved Best multiplatform quantity: Playstation 3 - 28 Wii wins one category.

I totally respect your opinion, but, it's not like the new PS3's can play almost all of those multiplatform games that you mentioned for it.
TheArmyGuy48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 TheArmyGuy48
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

It's awesome that it takes two consoles to beat one. Also, all these wii owners you're complaining bout, have a PS3 or 360 or PC as well usually. So while you lems/cows/and hermits are enjoying great game, we sheep are enjoying those games plus more great games.

goblaa
It takes 2? You only need ONE of them to be playing double the amount of good games as sheep. You knew that before you posted. Damn, sheep are good at spinning things.