OH SNAP!!! Cancel your Xbox Live It's $1.00 a week OMFG???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Giancar"] don't attack the union, because a few are ***** doesn't mean the whole union is **** An advise: pm a mod of your confidence, copy the post you think it is mod worthy, put the link and voila!

That's the thing I don't have mods of my confidence while they have I have reported stuff by them before and it goes unpunished. Saying something like "If you honestly can't see how that could be read as such, well....my sympathies." might not violate any rule here but he's clearly insinuating the guy is not very smart. If the things I have reported them for haven't worked then this won't either. I understand not all GUFU members are like that but some of the most prolific ones are and it doesn't help that several mods belong to the same union.

I'll be sincere and frank you have a point, I'll give you that Not all Gufu mods are angels, I know it (people that want to start an argument for this...deal with it!) But you are taking this too seriously, this board is already too strict...do you want it to become a military campus =|?

I want it to be fair for all parties if people can call other people idiots in subtle ways then let everyone do it if not then don't let everyone do it. But whatever, you are right, I'm really not taking this so seriously, I'm just bored and wanted to argue about something.
ender2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 ender2009
Member since 2004 • 521 Posts

[QUOTE="ender2009"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"] Does it matter if all it does is make me have lulz? In a way, you feed mah entertainment. Verge_6

Nope, it does not matter. Still glad I wrote it.

And you're happiness = my happiness, snookums. :)

I'm glad my are happiness fuels you ares, love. :)

EDIT: Typoes/grammar mistakes are on purpose. Just don't want you to interpret it the wrong way, sport. :)

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

I approve this message.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#207 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

So what I'm seeing most people here say is... Paying 60 dollars or less on an annual fee is ridiculous! It is better but oh well, it's just unheard off paying bills like that. And I'm hering this, XBL is so worth the money and it's not cheap for microsoft to make us pay for online gaming when other systems provide it free. I mean really guys, don't act like 60 dollars a year or even less, is going to kill you and act like it's some sort of attack, but let's not say it is so fair of microsoft to make us pay and lower the price to an irrelevent weekly payment which still costs the same. I'm seeing a lot of over and under reacting here. But luckily some posts I read on here had some sense.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I would rather spend the money on games rather than a service which is barely superior to PSN let alone steam.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts
Math fail. You can get year subs for $40 easily, that's 13 months (the free month with it), better then 56 weeks for $56. :/
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="ender2009"]

Nope, it does not matter. Still glad I wrote it.

ender2009

And you're happiness = my happiness, snookums. :)

EDIT: Typoes/grammar mistakes are on purpose. Just don't want you to interpret it the wrong way, sport. :)

I love it when people decide to follow my lead and attempt to be smartasses. It's so moving. :D
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#211 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
Last I checked you didn't buy XBL one week at a time. You buy it all at once.
MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 MortgageMan007
Member since 2010 • 875 Posts

[QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

With all the talk of how bad Xbox Live is and how it is not worth it. But then you say wait:roll: I'm a gamer and I want the best should I even be in gaming if I can not pay $1.00 a week:?

Thought of the day here people lets get realistic about this.

carljohnson3456

Sigh. It's not $1.00 a week. Show me where you can pay $1.00 a week and I'll update my subscription. The problem for me is when I can either drop $60 on a new game or XBL, it's painful to spend that money on XBL. I think XBL is a great service, but considering they've up the price over bells and whistles I can get mostly free on PC and others that I'll never use... it just makes paying for it unappealing.

Divide this by 52 and it's 92cents a week. You can find it even cheaper sometimes on amazon depending the day.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Month-Live-Gold-Card/dp/B0029LJIFG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294200161&sr=8-1-fkmr0

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#213 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]It's not a dollar a week, it's 8 dollars a month, or 50 a year and why would I pay for that when. A. there aren't any exclusives on the 360 with an online component I'm interested in playing (Reach already got old.) B. All the multiplats I can just play online on PSN with the same quality, not to forget most of my friends on PSN.MortgageMan007

$8.00 a month wu:roll: wait huh:?

Yeah and COD BO the biggest selling game ever is best on PSN no wait:cry:

It's best on Steam. Get facts straight.

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

LOL @ anyone paying anything extra in order to unlock their multiplayer features.

Lilyungblood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Lilyungblood08
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts

As much as i dont like paying for live im gonna renew my subscription this year and heres why. I personally prefer the 360 over my ps3, i enjoy using th controller more. The interface has always attracted me and made me want to use it over psn. Unlike most people i actually watch inside xbox videos and other things around the dashboard, The main thing that keeps me coming back though is that almost all my friends avidly used xbox live as their primary console. In myopinionthe value of this service is subjective to how they use it and we all are entitled to think what we want, however i think there are other 360 players who share my opinion on this.

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

Inb4"it's teh principul"

Verge_6
The fact that you get only half a game(or less) when you buy some multi-player-focused titles like COD, Halo,etc. is my main problem. I wouldn't even have bought COD4 had I not had access to multi-player. The single-player is way too scripted to be any fun for me.
ender2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 ender2009
Member since 2004 • 521 Posts
[QUOTE="ender2009"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"] And you're happiness = my happiness, snookums. :)

Verge_6

I love it when people decide to follow my lead and attempt to be smartasses. It's so moving. :D

Looks like it worked!
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

Why do people always defend it by dividing the price into smaller time units? No matter how small you make it, it's still 60 dollars a year... I mean, go ahead and justify the price by telling me all the reasons it's worth it or whatever, but don't try to deceive me by using a unconventional time frame. :P

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Then play on Steam, PSN or any other of the online services. The expense may be well worth it to those who do feel as if they'd benefit from XBL, and are able to find it at a discount. Each to their own, really.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16621 Posts

I recently purchased xbox live on the boxing day special for $46 including tax...that works out to be about $0.88 a week canadian lol. Seriously if you have a job, heck even if you are a kid and get an allowance, saving $1 a week isn't hard.

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

With all the talk of how bad Xbox Live is and how it is not worth it. But then you say wait:roll: I'm a gamer and I want the best should I even be in gaming if I can not pay $1.00 a week:?

Thought of the day here people lets get realistic about this.

MortgageMan007

You show me the option where I can pay a dollar a week.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#222 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I seem to be living just fine without party chat, the only real advantage XBL has over PSN
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="-Renegade"]$1 a week that you shouldn't be paying. Free > paying.FIipMode
Why have a cheeseburger when you can have Filet Mignon? :wink:

I dunno, I see it more like a hamburger vs a hamburger with cheese.

:lol: Exactly, people hype up XBL waaaaay too much on this board.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Because unnecessary re-occurring costs are ok? How about I spend the years XBLG access to online content in games I have already paid for, on *actual games* during a steam sale? Then I am actually getting something tangilble for my money than a yearly privilege to access content I already own for a year. That's the reality of it,. XBLG is a joke.
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
the problem is that you get to play online for free everywhere else....ps3/wii/pc etc
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I recently purchased xbox live on the boxing day special for $46 including tax...that works out to be about $0.88 a week canadian lol. Seriously if you have a job, heck even if you are a kid and get an allowance, saving $1 a week isn't hard.

blaznwiipspman1

Sure, putting $1 a week in a jar for a year is easy. At the end of the year, when it's time to spend that money though, I'd rather spend it on an extra game than have to spend it in order to keep playing my games online for another year.

Fusiondonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Fusiondonut
Member since 2011 • 140 Posts
Only 1$ a week to get bombarded by advertisements everytime you log on XBL. Good one! :D
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Only 1$ a week to get bombarded by advertisements everytime you log on XBL. Good one! :DFusiondonut

You get ads if you don't pay for XBL.

NanoMan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 NanoMan88
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

For 50$ I got 6 great games on steam with 1$ left over, plus steam is 10x better than live has more features and is free.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#230 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

For 50$ I got 6 great games on steam with 1$ left over, plus steam is 10x better than live has more features and is free.

NanoMan88

They are not the same thing :roll:.. Steam can not be put on the Xbox360.. So why are you suggesting that its actually a option.. These people did not purchase a X360 because they didn't like Steam.. Steam was not in the equation.. Hence its pointless to compare them when we are talking about the cost of a service on a platform that only has this.. If you must. You then have to compare the 360 v PC before you get to that.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

[QUOTE="firefluff3"]

[QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

Yeah I have seen many complaints about hating to have to always patch and mod to play some games in servers running mods all the time.

MortgageMan007

Not first hand experience, dont judge things you know nothing about

I know plenty. I have been PC gaming for 15 years easy online and longer real old school.

Do you still play?