OH SNAP!!! Cancel your Xbox Live It's $1.00 a week OMFG???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

How about the phone companies charge you one dollar a day to have a last name. After all, you're in THEIR phone book.. and it is only one dollar a day. Bling blang! We has teh moniez! Flaunt it!

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#52 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
attack every little bad thing about other consoles and defend any little bad things about 360, hypocritical?
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

People still say OH SNAP!!! ?

:lol:

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Domobomb"]

Curious, what 360 exclusives are worth paying $1 a week for?

kuraimen
Whoa, since when were 360 owners forced to pay $1 to play their games?

To play their complete games they do. They pay for the whole game but they have to pay extra to play a portion of that game.

Hey, psst. PSSSST. PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST. You're a decade late. ;)
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

How about MS give you a game for every year they charged you for Live, instead?

Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts

[QUOTE="Domobomb"]

Verge_6

Whoa, since when were 360 owners forced to pay $1 a week to play their games?

This thread is discussing Live. I'm talking about multiplayer. :|

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="Domobomb"]

Domobomb

Whoa, since when were 360 owners forced to pay $1 a week to play their games?

So you're paying a $1 a week for Live then. Not the games. :)

akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

It's like paying to use my owncar I bought , I still have to pay for gas , insurance etc. , I would rather buy the car that is a touch less better but I don't have to pay $1 a day to use the property I already paid for.

These arguments are valid because PC has always had better online than the consoles and now the PS3 is pretty much on par with Live. If I want to facebook, twitter , watch espn, etc . I'll do it on my tv/pc . It's not worth paying for it anymore. They even cancelled 1vs 100 , so it's not like Live has a lot of exclusives to make it worth it

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Nah,my brother was kind enough to buy me a full year subscription.It's still somewhere around here.

Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts

[QUOTE="Domobomb"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"] Whoa, since when were 360 owners forced to pay $1 a week to play their games?

Verge_6

Yea... I thought it was obvious.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

Can't believe so many Lems are STILL in complete denial, reaching... stretching... trying so hard to justify XBL's pay to play online fee. The 360 came out in what... like 2005? Everybody knows by now that Live is just a way for Microsoft to get into your wallet without giving you much option. It's no secret, Lems.

You don't have to try to justify a company ripping you off. Unless you actually LIKE giving people the false impression that you think it's completely okay for a company to hold the online portion of games you payed full price for hostage. :roll: I know you lems are smarter than that.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Verge_6

Can't believe so many Lems are STILL in complete denial, reaching... stretching... trying so hard to justify XBL's pay to play online fee. The 360 came out in what... like 2005? Everybody knows by now that Live is just a way for Microsoft to get into your wallet without giving you much option. It's no secret, Lems. You don't have to try to justify a company ripping you off. Unless you actually LIKE giving people the false impression that you think it's completely okay for a company to hold the online portion of games you payed full price for hostage. :roll: I know you lems are smarter than that.Messiahbolical-
Know what's really, REALLY funny? No one in this entire thread, and hardly any from the other threads of this beaten up hussy of a topic, has said it was "okay" or "right" for MS to charge for online. The vast majority of people who use Live just...don't care. See, there's a difference between "approving of" and "not giving two ****s about". So...you're conjuring up ghosts there, champ. :)

ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

Who is paying $1.00 a week for Xbox Live? I got 3 years worth of Live for $39.99 with some smart shopping and keeping an eye on sales. It isn't hard to do really, I'm paying $0.25 a week which I feel is very reasonable for the service as compared to PSN and Wii. I am willing to bet the topic creator sees nothing wrong with paying $25 a week for his iPhone service fees.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="Domobomb"]

Domobomb

Yea... I thought it was obvious.

Well, ya didn't really make it obvious in your opening statement there. ;)
ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

Can't believe so many Lems are STILL in complete denial, reaching... stretching... trying so hard to justify XBL's pay to play online fee. The 360 came out in what... like 2005? Everybody knows by now that Live is just a way for Microsoft to get into your wallet without giving you much option. It's no secret, Lems.

You don't have to try to justify a company ripping you off. Unless you actually LIKE giving people the false impression that you think it's completely okay for a company to hold the online portion of games you payed full price for hostage. :roll: I know you lems are smarter than that.

Messiahbolical-
You must be delusional to say that or you haven't used all of the services. XBL kills PSN. There is no competition and saying otherwise is just plain wrong. There is no opinion here, XBL is better than PSN fact.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

give it a rest cows im able to pay for my years xbox membership before my lunch break at work..one day out of the year.. and i dont make that much. do you lazy bums not work? i thought you cows were so much older and more mature, why are you whinining about a such a paltry sum so much..besides i'll pay more for a superior service, you can play your inferior online to go with your inferior multiplats

meatgrinderz
Except it isn't a vastly superior service. The online play is exactly the same between the two consoles. It only offers a few additional services that are not present on the PS3 and those services are not worth $60 a year. I don't typically play a lot of my games online, but when I do decide to jump online its nice to know I can play that part of the game without having to pay out money to get on the games online servers.
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

and buy your comment how old are you. PSN is equal to Live now. the re is no justification to pay 60 dollars a year.

Nov.22 2005 -Dec. 31, 2010

5yrs x 50.00=250.00 + cost of console= way more then the asking price of the launch ps3. And M$ is still squeezing money out of you.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

1. Paying for content I already bought.
2. $60 a year can buy another brand new game... or several used games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#70 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]Can't believe so many Lems are STILL in complete denial, reaching... stretching... trying so hard to justify XBL's pay to play online fee. The 360 came out in what... like 2005? Everybody knows by now that Live is just a way for Microsoft to get into your wallet without giving you much option. It's no secret, Lems. You don't have to try to justify a company ripping you off. Unless you actually LIKE giving people the false impression that you think it's completely okay for a company to hold the online portion of games you payed full price for hostage. :roll: I know you lems are smarter than that.Verge_6
Know what's really, REALLY funny? No one in this entire thread, or any from this beaten up hussy of a topic, has said it was "okay" or "right" for MS to charge for online. The vast majority of people who use Live just...don't care. See, there's a difference between "approving of" and "not giving two ****s about". So...you're conjuring up ghosts there, champ. :)

Objection. Champ would be overrating right there. As we can clearly state that I am amazing. Sport would be a proper term for you to use. It gets your passive aggressive witty remark off. Without tainting the legacy of his Majesty :]
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#71 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Some people are disgusted by the cost :P XBL is nothing to me, and I have a low paying job ;)
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

ImprovedMind
You must be delusional to say that or you haven't used all of the services. XBL kills PSN. There is no competition and saying otherwise is just plain wrong. There is no opinion here, XBL is better than PSN fact.

What no it does not you pay to play online then the cross bar is cluttered with advertisements. HEy Coke.. Id rather have a sleek looking cross bar. Instead of giant pics popping up. Ohh there is my background behind those giant billboards.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
[QUOTE="ImprovedMind"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

POPEYE1716

What no it does not you pay to play online then the cross bar is cluttered with advertisements. HEy Coke.. Id rather have a sleek looking cross bar. Instead of giant pics popping up. Ohh there is my background behind those giant billboards.

As I've said many times before, I have no idea what you're talking about - but I'm in UK.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#74 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="akira2465"]

It's like paying to use my owncar I bought , I still have to pay for gas , insurance etc. , I would rather buy the car that is a touch less better but I don't have to pay $1 a day to use the property I already paid for.

These arguments are valid because PC has always had better online than the consoles and now the PS3 is pretty much on par with Live. If I want to facebook, twitter , watch espn, etc . I'll do it on my tv/pc . It's not worth paying for it anymore. They even cancelled 1vs 100 , so it's not like Live has a lot of exclusives to make it worth it

But you do have to pay to use that property. you have to fuel it and keep it up and running. You threw that out like it's nothing.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Verge_6
You threw that out like it's nothing.cainetao11
That be the SW modus operandi. If it works against your argument, pretend it never exists.
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

With all the talk of how bad Xbox Live is and how it is not worth it. But then you say wait:roll: I'm a gamer and I want the best should I even be in gaming if I can not pay $1.00 a week:?

Thought of the day here people lets get realistic about this.

MortgageMan007

This is my answer i mean come on if you cant afford a $$$ buck a week then get out of gaming and go fishing ...

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SpArKs424

1.00 a week * 52 weeks in a year gee theirs your subscription ...

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Verge_6

[QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

With all the talk of how bad Xbox Live is and how it is not worth it. But then you say wait:roll: I'm a gamer and I want the best should I even be in gaming if I can not pay $1.00 a week:?

SpArKs424

This is my answer i mean come on if you cant afford a $$$ buck a week then get out of gaming and go fishing ...

Hey, that bait, tackle, line etc. adds up. :(
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

SpArKs424

do you have any 2´s?

HiHaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 HiHaru
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
The problem is not the actual cost of the service, but the problem is why do I have to pay for multiplayer which is free for all other systems? I would understand if it offered other value-added services on the same level as Playstation Plus.
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SpArKs424

[QUOTE="ender2009"][QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

PC does get a lot of complaints thoguh with some gamers always saying they hate having to mod or DL mods just to play in the server for that game. PC has a lot of downsights also.

MortgageMan007

Wut.

Yeah I have seen many complaints about hating to have to always patch and mod to play some games in servers running mods all the time.

yeah i have seen this too especially in CS: S where their are a **** ton of mods

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23838 Posts
While 360 users keep on paying for a service, Pc users said no to the Live fee and they ended up winning and now dont need to pay to play online. If all 360 users stopped paying for Live MS would ethier lower prices or make it free.
hd5870corei7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hd5870corei7
Member since 2010 • 1612 Posts

Inb4"it's teh principul"

Verge_6
How bout I charge you $5 per month for your tapwater. Oh and I'll charge you $5 per month to go to sleep every night... What its $1.25 per week, are you poor?????
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="cainetao11"]You threw that out like it's nothing.Verge_6
That be the SW modus operandi. If it works against your argument, pretend it never exists.

No wonder my posts about XBL are always ignored

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SpArKs424

While 360 users keep on paying for a service, Pc users said no to the Live fee and they ended up winning and now dont need to pay to play online. If all 360 users stopped paying for Live MS would ethier lower prices or make it free.04dcarraher
Wont happen so no use in wasting the time to type what you said , just like i shouldnt of wasted my time typing this ... Oh the IRONY :|

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Verge_6
While 360 users keep on paying for a service, Pc users said no to the Live fee and they ended up winning and now dont need to pay to play online. If all 360 users stopped paying for Live MS would ethier lower prices or make it free.04dcarraher
While we're at it, let's get every single owner of a high-exhaust vehicle to convert to a hybrid. And everyone to stop buying from Wal-Mart and support local businesses instead.
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SpArKs424

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Inb4"it's teh principul"

hd5870corei7

How bout I charge you $5 per month for your tapwater. Oh and I'll charge you $5 per month to go to sleep every night... What its $1.25 per week, are you poor?????

I could afford all that with ease ...

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Inb4"it's teh principul"

hd5870corei7

Lol, essentials to life = gaming console online service. L2comparison, brah.
Majordutch201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Majordutch201
Member since 2009 • 442 Posts

Free > $1 a week. To a person that lives from check to check 50 bucks is noticable. I love how people assume that since you play games you must crap money. News flash not everyone can afford it. Speaking for myself I'm always bargain hunting for games. This holiday season was good to me especially on Steam that same 50 bucks that would have gone to live got me GTA collection, Witcher and a few other games. By all means continue to pay for the online service if you enjoy it but for me free online is the way to go.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

Then send me $1 a week, after all its just $1 a week, so send it to me.

Oh wait, trhowing away money for no reason no matter how small is still stupid, have fun paying for nothing.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

arent all those WoW players paying to play online even though they bought the game??

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
I bought 23 games over the holiday season through steam with the 60 bucks Xbox 360 users pay JUST to play online.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Verge_6

Oh wait, trhowing away money for no reason no matter how small is still stupid, have fun paying for nothing.

warmaster670

Damn, pretty sure I spent mah small amount of money on Live. I got fooled. :(

(Seriously, if you're gonna hyperbole, do it properly at least...)

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#94 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Inb4"it's teh principul"

hd5870corei7

Umm...you know you have to pay every month for tap water right? :?

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]if you want the best get every system :PMortgageMan007

I have each 360 PS3 and PC

REALLY? one would never have thought.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Verge_6

[QUOTE="hd5870corei7"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Inb4"it's teh principul"

The_Game21x

Umm...you know you have to pay every month for tap water right? :?

I snorted my coke (acola) after reading that.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#97 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

warmaster670
Nah, I already sent my $1 a week to MS in my Live fee. Sorry. :(
dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts
if you have payed for xbl since launch thats 250, i didn't. i used that 250 to buy a new xbox for when mine broke.. either way your moneys going to microsoft.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="hd5870corei7"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Inb4"it's teh principul"

Verge_6

Lol, essentials to life = gaming console online service. L2comparison, brah.

That's a perfect illustration of how entitled some gamers feel.

Sorry to break it to you folks, but gaming is an expensive hobby. If $60/year is a financial burden, then maybe gaming isn't the right hobby for you.

I pay for Live because I like its features. I could easily just switch over to PSN, but I don't. There's more to value than a simple price tag. I enjoy using the party system, cross game chat, cross game invites and game launching at the OS level. I like the attention given by the community managers and policy enforcement staff. But hey, those are my reasons that I won't impose on anyone else.

For some reason, the anti-XBL contingent can't seem to live and let live. So go ahead and grind your axes and shake your fists to the heavens all you want. It won't change my reasons.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

ImprovedMind

Never disputed which services were better. I have extensive experience with XBL and it's a superior service to PSN altogether, but when it comes down to playing games online... it's the exact same thing. You'd think that $60/year would go to something actually good, like dedicated servers. But no. It's the same inconsistent P2P connections that are found on PSN for free. This is all irrelevant though. The bottom line is that I wouldn't have a problem with XBL whatsoever if it wasn't forced upon you. When you're already paying $60 for your games, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to play them online right out of the box.(Especially when they're crappy P2P servers)