OH SNAP!!! Cancel your Xbox Live It's $1.00 a week OMFG???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="hd5870corei7"] How bout I charge you $5 per month for your tapwater. Oh and I'll charge you $5 per month to go to sleep every night... What its $1.25 per week, are you poor?????VoodooHak

Lol, essentials to life = gaming console online service. L2comparison, brah.

That's a perfect illustration of how entitled some gamers feel.

Sorry to break it to you folks, but gaming is an expensive hobby. If $60/year is a financial burden, then maybe gaming isn't the right hobby for you.

I pay for Live because I like its features. I could easily just switch over to PSN, but I don't. There's more to value than a simple price tag. I enjoy using the party system, cross game chat, cross game invites and game launching at the OS level. I like the attention given by the community managers and policy enforcement staff. But hey, those are my reasons that I won't impose on anyone else.

For some reason, the anti-XBL contingent can't seem to live and let live. So go ahead and grind your axes and shake your fists to the heavens all you want. It won't change my reasons.

Well then, you have no right to complain if they decided to hike to price to $10 again. After all, we shouldn't be in gaming if we can't even afford price hikes, right? And BTW you have no right to decide who should be gaming or not. You'd better respect other people's opinions, just because you can pony up any amount of money they demand of you, doesn't mean anyone should.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

well when PS3 was released, i believe it was $200 more that the 360, but many made a huge fuss.. considering you will enjoy/game on said system for the next lets say 5 yrs was only gonna cost you round $3.33 a month :P (and that included the free online + also having a blu-ray player)...

TC did you ever see it this way when it comes to PS3?

back on topic, i dont like paying for XBL but when i love gaming online so when a game comes out which i know will spend time online, i simply pay for xbl.. unfortunately you either pay and play or just enjoy offline gaming..

Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts

[QUOTE="Domobomb"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"] So you're paying a $1 a week for Live then. Not the games. :)

Verge_6

Yea... I thought it was obvious.

Well, ya didn't really make it obvious in your opening statement there. ;)

That we're discussing live? How is this not obvious? I'm asking what 360 exclusives are worth paying to have the multiplayer for?

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
if you have payed for xbl since launch thats 250, i didn't. i used that 250 to buy a new xbox for when mine broke.. either way your moneys going to microsoft.dvalo9
If you've payed for XBL since XBL's launch, that's $460. More than a PS3 and 2-3 games. But that's okay... right lems? Only $50 a year... wait, $60.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="dvalo9"]if you have payed for xbl since launch thats 250, i didn't. i used that 250 to buy a new xbox for when mine broke.. either way your moneys going to microsoft.Messiahbolical-
If you've payed for XBL since XBL's launch, that's $460. More than a PS3 and 2-3 games. But that's okay... right lems? Only $50 a year... wait, $60.

$460....doesnt match the PS3s price tag at launch

MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MortgageMan007
Member since 2010 • 875 Posts

and buy your comment how old are you. PSN is equal to Live now. the re is no justification to pay 60 dollars a year.

Nov.22 2005 -Dec. 31, 2010

5yrs x 50.00=250.00 + cost of console= way more then the asking price of the launch ps3. And M$ is still squeezing money out of you.

POPEYE1716

Wait PSN is = to Live now:roll: let me go turn my PS3 on wait hu:?

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="hd5870corei7"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Inb4"it's teh principul"

The_Game21x

How bout I charge you $5 per month for your tapwater. Oh and I'll charge you $5 per month to go to sleep every night... What its $1.25 per week, are you poor?????

Umm...you know you have to pay every month for tap water right? :?

Not everyone does. Paying to play your games online is like paying to have a well drilled, and then still having to pay a water bill to use your own water from your own well.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="POPEYE1716"]

and buy your comment how old are you. PSN is equal to Live now. the re is no justification to pay 60 dollars a year.

5yrs x 50.00=250.00 + cost of console= way more then the asking price of the launch ps3. And M$ is still squeezing money out of you.

MortgageMan007

PSN ID?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="hd5870corei7"] How bout I charge you $5 per month for your tapwater. Oh and I'll charge you $5 per month to go to sleep every night... What its $1.25 per week, are you poor?????ianuilliam

Not everyone does. Paying to play your games online is like paying to have a well drilled, and then still having to pay a water bill to use your own water from your own well.

So ps3 users drill their own well?

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="dvalo9"]if you have payed for xbl since launch thats 250, i didn't. i used that 250 to buy a new xbox for when mine broke.. either way your moneys going to microsoft.DroidPhysX

It also doesn't include the price of a launch 360 to go with that Live...

NWA90s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NWA90s
Member since 2010 • 859 Posts
and play what? WoW? sorry pc games dont got my taste, i like the flash games tho xD
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] If you've payed for XBL since XBL's launch, that's $460. More than a PS3 and 2-3 games. But that's okay... right lems? Only $50 a year... wait, $60.ianuilliam

I know?:roll:

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

DroidPhysX

So ps3 users drill their own well?

Where I live, almost everyone uses well water. That tends to happen when you move away from cities.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#114 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Sorry to break it to you folks, but gaming is an expensive hobby. If $60/year is a financial burden, then maybe gaming isn't the right hobby for you.VoodooHak

Actually, gaming is among the cheapest hobbies out there that involve buying things. Things like golf, and even movies cost tons more. Not only do you get to keep the product you bought after you spent the money, but the amount of time garnered from it is far greater than a 80 minute movie, or 240 minute round of golf.

And I could easily pay $60 a year for an online service. The reason I don't isn't because "I'm poor," but because I don't see how one can justify spending more money on content one has already purchased the rights to use, solely to play that content online with random people from around the world. To me, that money would be much better spent on another new game than wasted feeding a machine that charges for a service that costs them peanuts to maintain (considering most of their revenue probably comes from advertising, I doubt they use Gold fees for more than pocket money).

If Gold offered full dedicated servers (while Silver only offered peer-to-peer), exclusive content (whether DLC or unlocks), free XBLA games every month (maybe a 400 point game or something, a selected "deal-of-the-month") and other content that would not be available to silver members (i.e. Silver members still buy that content when they buy the game, they just don't get to use it because there is a service fee on top of it to unlock it)... then $60 a year would be justified.

Saying "I pay because its the only way to play with my friends" isn't a justification, it is merely a personal preference. You prefer to get shafted out of more money, which you already spent getting the game, instead of standing your ground and demanding they stop the scam. Same with the MS points system. If people stopped indulging MS's money-hungry machine, then we wouldn't always be giving them extra money every time we buy something, and be paying the exact price for the product we are buying on XBLM.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

Then why did you say it doesn't match the price of a launch ps3? The person you responded to didn't say anything at all about a launch ps3...

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"] Lol, essentials to life = gaming console online service. L2comparison, brah.Locutus_Picard

Sorry to break it to you folks, but gaming is an expensive hobby. If $60/year is a financial burden, then maybe gaming isn't the right hobby for you.

I pay for Live because I like its features. I could easily just switch over to PSN, but I don't. There's more to value than a simple price tag. I enjoy using the party system, cross game chat, cross game invites and game launching at the OS level. I like the attention given by the community managers and policy enforcement staff. But hey, those are my reasons that I won't impose on anyone else.

For some reason, the anti-XBL contingent can't seem to live and let live. So go ahead and grind your axes and shake your fists to the heavens all you want. It won't change my reasons.

Well then, you have no right to complain if they decided to hike to price to $10 again. After all, we shouldn't be in gaming if we can't even afford price hikes, right? And BTW you have no right to decide who should be gaming or not. You'd better respect other people's opinions, just because you can pony up any amount of money they demand of you, doesn't mean anyone should.

Calm down sparky. I didn't complain the first time they raised the price.... 8 years after initial launch.... after they added and even rebooted the whole infrastructure for the 360. No complaints here. The fee hasn't reached my pain point yet.

Take a long hard look in the mirror (and at my statement highlighted above). You are the one that seems to be disrespecting other peoples opinions. You could easily just leave people to pay for Live because they want to. But you don't. You're apparently on some sort of evangelical crusade to ridicule Live subscribers into falling in line with your agenda.

I say live and let live. You like PSN. Fine, go play it. I know I do when I'm in the mood. I like XBL better though, so I'll go play that and playt it more often. You need to stop acting like this is some monumentally critical issue. It really isn't. It's video games. Entertainment. Luxury.

I think people around here need to take a step back and gain some perspective.

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
Why pay for something when you can get it for free?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]It also doesn't include the price of a launch 360 to go with that Live...

ianuilliam

Then why did you say it doesn't match the price of a launch ps3? The person you responded to didn't say anything at all about a launch ps3...

THe person also didnt include the price of the 360.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"]PS3 users pay 0.00$ a week to game online. PC users pay 0.00$ a week to game online. Wii users pay 0.00$ a week to game online. PSP users pay 0.00$ a week to game online. DS users pay 0.00$ a week to game online.waltefmoney

What if you're playing a p2p MMO?

Just like the Xbox, you still have to pay an additional subscription fee.

Very poor arguement.

MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 MortgageMan007

[QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

[QUOTE="POPEYE1716"]

DroidPhysX

PSN ID?

Check you inbox

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="dvalo9"]if you have payed for xbl since launch thats 250, i didn't. i used that 250 to buy a new xbox for when mine broke.. either way your moneys going to microsoft.DroidPhysX

Does it matter if it matches the price tag at launch?! $460!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might as well of held off the Xbox for a couple years and got a PC instead.

biosolids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 biosolids
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

if you want the best get every system :Pohthemanatee

^

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
Member since 2008 • 2051 Posts
I already pay for my internet connection, why pay for something that is supposed to be free in the first place. Microsoft simply know that people will pay up anyway.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 VoodooHak

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]Sorry to break it to you folks, but gaming is an expensive hobby. If $60/year is a financial burden, then maybe gaming isn't the right hobby for you.foxhound_fox

Actually, gaming is among the cheapest hobbies out there that involve buying things. Things like golf, and even movies cost tons more. Not only do you get to keep the product you bought after you spent the money, but the amount of time garnered from it is far greater than a 80 minute movie, or 240 minute round of golf.

And I could easily pay $60 a year for an online service. The reason I don't isn't because "I'm poor," but because I don't see how one can justify spending more money on content one has already purchased the rights to use, solely to play that content online with random people from around the world. To me, that money would be much better spent on another new game than wasted feeding a machine that charges for a service that costs them peanuts to maintain (considering most of their revenue probably comes from advertising, I doubt they use Gold fees for more than pocket money).

If Gold offered full dedicated servers (while Silver only offered peer-to-peer), exclusive content (whether DLC or unlocks), free XBLA games every month (maybe a 400 point game or something, a selected "deal-of-the-month") and other content that would not be available to silver members (i.e. Silver members still buy that content when they buy the game, they just don't get to use it because there is a service fee on top of it to unlock it)... then $60 a year would be justified.

Saying "I pay because its the only way to play with my friends" isn't a justification, it is merely a personal preference. You prefer to get shafted out of more money, which you already spent getting the game, instead of standing your ground and demanding they stop the scam. Same with the MS points system. If people stopped indulging MS's money-hungry machine, then we wouldn't always be giving them extra money every time we buy something, and be paying the exact price for the product we are buying on XBLM.

Any hobby can be expensive depending on how much you're into it. Gaming is no different. The point is, if someone's going to partake in the hobby, it's not unreasonable to expect them to know what it entails. If the XBL fee is some sort of surprise, it's no fault of the hobby or, in this case, the fault of a service. It's all on the end user.

Dude, if you don't want to pay for Live, more power to you. Your reasons are valid for you and that's fine. It's not my job to convince you otherwise. You're grown and can make your own decisions. I just ask that some of these religiously fired up XBL opponents offer up the same type of courtesy. Fat chance, I know, but it has to be said.

Just realize that I have different reasons the point me in a direction you're not going.

Majordutch201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Majordutch201
Member since 2009 • 442 Posts

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"][QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

VoodooHak

Calm down sparky. I didn't complain the first time they raised the price.... 8 years after initial launch.... after they added and even rebooted the whole infrastructure for the 360. No complaints here. The fee hasn't reached my pain point yet.

Take a long hard look in the mirror (and at my statement highlighted above). You are the one that seems to be disrespecting other peoples opinions. You could easily just leave people to pay for Live because they want to. But you don't. You're apparently on some sort of evangelical crusade to ridicule Live subscribers into falling in line with your agenda.

I say live and let live. You like PSN. Fine, go play it. I know I do when I'm in the mood. I like XBL better though, so I'll go play that and playt it more often. You need to stop acting like this is some monumentally critical issue. It really isn't. It's video games. Entertainment. Luxury.

I think he might have took some offense on the
"Sorry to break it to you folks, but gaming is an expensive hobby. If $60/year is a financial burden, then maybe gaming isn't the right hobby for you."
portion, I know i did but i didnt want to go on about it. As I said in a previous post that 60 bucks got me a few games on steam, I have no problems with live, I used to subscribe when i was in college. I get that you like live over psn and steam alot of people do, just like some people enjoy psn and steam over live, but saying if 60 bucks is a financial burden that should be an indication that gaming isnt for your is some what insulting.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 VoodooHak

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"] Well then, you have no right to complain if they decided to hike to price to $10 again. After all, we shouldn't be in gaming if we can't even afford price hikes, right? And BTW you have no right to decide who should be gaming or not. You'd better respect other people's opinions, just because you can pony up any amount of money they demand of you, doesn't mean anyone should.Majordutch201

I think he might have took some offense on the
"Sorry to break it to you folks, but gaming is an expensive hobby. If $60/year is a financial burden, then maybe gaming isn't the right hobby for you."
portion, I know i did but i didnt want to go on about it. As I said in a previous post that 60 bucks got me a few games on steam, I have no problems with live, I used to subscribe when i was in college. I get that you like live over psn and steam alot of people do, just like some people enjoy psn and steam over live, but saying if 60 bucks is a financial burden that should be an indication that gaming isnt for your is some what insulting.

Really?

People in this very thread have called each other racists, frat boys, idiots, lazy bums, etc. and have posted at least one sarcastic cartoon.... and you're going to knock me for a much, MUCH more polite statement?

Really?

Majordutch201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Majordutch201
Member since 2009 • 442 Posts
name calling doesnt bother me, but saying i shouldn't be doing something i enjoy because i can't afford it does
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Inb4"it's teh principul"

Verge_6
^^^ This and while I did have XBL I only used it for one game, totally not worth it. MS should offer a free stripped down version of Gold that allows us to play online.
BIacckAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 BIacckAce
Member since 2009 • 270 Posts

Quality costs money. Get jobs cows.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

yeah but if you like add up your subscription over like 10 years its like near $500 or something. that $500 could of been spent on something else

Vinegar_Strokes

.. We can say that for any expense out there.. No matter how small, if we some how added it up over a random long period..

Skilltrocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Skilltrocity
Member since 2011 • 67 Posts
Overpriced. $1 a week comes out to $52. That's too much. You could have bought Harmonix instead and saved $2.
Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts
[QUOTE="Skilltrocity"]Overpriced. $1 a week comes out to $52. That's too much. You could have bought Harmonix instead and saved $2.

I bought 19 PC games for about $52 and I don't pay to play online. Who wins?
Skilltrocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Skilltrocity
Member since 2011 • 67 Posts
[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"][ You'd better respect other people's opinions

..ironic coming from you eh?
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Skilltrocity"]Overpriced. $1 a week comes out to $52. That's too much. You could have bought Harmonix instead and saved $2.Locutus_Picard

The person that has more fun? After all the main thing is enjoyment..

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="Skilltrocity"]Overpriced. $1 a week comes out to $52. That's too much. You could have bought Harmonix instead and saved $2.Locutus_Picard

I gotta go with the people who bought Harmonix.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#137 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Can't say I find it to be worth my money at all. Could've gone to many many games on Steam instead! :D
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Messiahbolical-

When did I say anything about launch price tags? lol All I stated is that if you've payed for XBL since it came out, you've spent $460. I had a PS2 and a PC last gen, and a PS3 this gen and I've spent $0. It's a big difference. That's about 8-15 games worth of money depending on the price of the games, ranging from $30-60 each. Would you rather have as many as 15 extra games, or the ability to play your games online when Microsoft could just as easily offer online play for free?
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Messiahbolical-
The funniest thing about all of this to me is that Microsoft is most likely making more than enough money from the advertisements scattered all across the cluttered dashboard to cover the costs of running XBL and they make you pay anyways. Gotta love capitalism. ;)
SuperBobz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SuperBobz
Member since 2009 • 613 Posts

It's not the price that bothers me, but that I am forced to pay for something that is free on all other gaming systems. I admit, if I had the money to buy a 360 in the first place I would probably pay for Live.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Domobomb"]

Yea... I thought it was obvious.

ender2009

Well, ya didn't really make it obvious in your opening statement there. ;)

lol, you'd have to be an idiot not to understand what he was talking about.... :D

1) The TOS. Read it. ;) 2) "What Xbox exclusives are worth paying $1 a month for." Yeah, that's not a badly structured statement that cannot be misinterpreted at all. ;)

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ianuilliam

The funniest thing about all of this to me is that Microsoft is most likely making more than enough money from the advertisements scattered all across the cluttered dashboard to cover the costs of running XBL and they make you pay anyways. Gotta love capitalism. ;)Messiahbolical-
No way, they gotta charge to cover the cost of adding in features like the ability to access espn3.com on your xbox (as long as you are already paying for espn3.com from your isp). And don't forget, somebody has to pay the bill for timed exclusive dlc deals. Why use the money they get from advertisers for that and cut into their profit, when they can charge users to access their own content, and even raise the rate, and be defended for doing so?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

With all the talk of how bad Xbox Live is and how it is not worth it. But then you say wait:roll: I'm a gamer and I want the best should I even be in gaming if I can not pay $1.00 a week:?

Thought of the day here people lets get realistic about this.

MortgageMan007

I dont think its worth the money and I dont think its that much better then psn just a bit.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#144 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

if you want the best get every system :Pohthemanatee
Thats Me! :P

Meowmixxvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#145 Meowmixxvi
Member since 2008 • 2243 Posts

With all the talk of how bad Xbox Live is and how it is not worth it. But then you say wait:roll: I'm a gamer and I want the best should I even be in gaming if I can not pay $1.00 a week:?

Thought of the day here people lets get realistic about this.

MortgageMan007
WOW thats about 14 cents a day! bravo, bravo my friend.
Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts

[QUOTE="ender2009"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] Well, ya didn't really make it obvious in your opening statement there. ;)Verge_6

lol, you'd have to be an idiot not to understand what he was talking about.... :D

1) The TOS. Read it. ;) 2) "What Xbox exclusives are worth paying $1 a month for." Yeah, that's not a badly structured statement that cannot be misinterpreted at all. ;)

In relation to the thread, I don't see how it can be misinterpreted. Then again, this is system wars. :roll:

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24003 Posts

A new game costs 50-60$ which is what 1 year of xbox live costs (assuming you dont search for deals where it can get a lot cheaper like someone mentioned earlier in the thread). 1 game and one year of xbox live can have a lot of longetivity, far more than several games combined. While I dont see myself paying for Xbox live I can see why others would want to. The total ammount of enjoyment we get from the money we spend is what matters in the end anyway, and if one gets his money's worth from Xbox live, why should he not have it.

Of course I think it is bad that they charge people for something that everyone else offers for free, but I must say it could be much worse (like charging for even using the console). Hell in my country just owning a TV, monitor or camera and soon to be mobile phone as well means you have to pay a fee of around 260$ a year or be charged a fine.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Most people pay the 50 or 60 in one lump sum. So... You're really paying 50-60 dollars a day once. :P

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

[QUOTE="ender2009"][QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

PC does get a lot of complaints thoguh with some gamers always saying they hate having to mod or DL mods just to play in the server for that game. PC has a lot of downsights also.

MortgageMan007

Wut.

Yeah I have seen many complaints about hating to have to always patch and mod to play some games in servers running mods all the time.

Not first hand experience, dont judge things you know nothing about

MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 MortgageMan007

[QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

[QUOTE="ender2009"] Wut.firefluff3

Yeah I have seen many complaints about hating to have to always patch and mod to play some games in servers running mods all the time.

Not first hand experience, dont judge things you know nothing about

I know plenty. I have been PC gaming for 15 years easy online and longer real old school.