OH SNAP!!! Cancel your Xbox Live It's $1.00 a week OMFG???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#151 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
$1 a week that you shouldn't be paying. Free > paying.
Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

$1 a week that you shouldn't be paying. Free > paying.-Renegade

Don't you ever use logic like that here in SW! :x

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#153 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
$1 a week that you shouldn't be paying. Free > paying.-Renegade
Why have a cheeseburger when you can have Filet Mignon? :wink:
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="-Renegade"]$1 a week that you shouldn't be paying. Free > paying.The_Game21x

Either way you see it if you pay twice for a cheeseburger or a Filet Mignon it is still a rip off ;)
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
[QUOTE="-Renegade"]$1 a week that you shouldn't be paying. Free > paying.The_Game21x

meh free cheeseburger > paid cheeseburger with pickles :D
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

eh ill choose the burger since its one of my favorite foods. Especially homemade and done at a bbq.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

I hate it when people try to rationalize by decreasing the price in relation to time.

Sure a dollar a day doesn't sound like much either, but does almost $400 a year sound good? Yeah my car insurance only costs like 5 dollars a day, but do I like paying 150 a month?

Do I like paying 3 bucks a day for my phone bill?

NO!

This irks me more than anything. Yes Xbox Live is great. Is it worth 50 bucks a year? Purely subjective, obviously I pay it so it must be for me.

But does saying $1 a week make it any less expensive?

No way in hell. :|

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#158 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

With all the talk of how bad Xbox Live is and how it is not worth it. But then you say wait:roll: I'm a gamer and I want the best should I even be in gaming if I can not pay $1.00 a week:?

Thought of the day here people lets get realistic about this.

MortgageMan007
Sigh. It's not $1.00 a week. Show me where you can pay $1.00 a week and I'll update my subscription. The problem for me is when I can either drop $60 on a new game or XBL, it's painful to spend that money on XBL. I think XBL is a great service, but considering they've up the price over bells and whistles I can get mostly free on PC and others that I'll never use... it just makes paying for it unappealing.
Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16621 Posts

yeah but if you like add up your subscription over like 10 years its like near $500 or something. that $500 could of been spent on something else

Vinegar_Strokes

$500 in 10 YEARS.....YEARSS. Lets see comparatively the cost of a new car with insurance and gas for the same time period would cost you at LEAST $50 000

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]if you want the best get every system :PMortgageMan007

I have each 360 PS3 and PC

So the Wii isn't a system ?
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#161 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

Source or Link?

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#162 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I really do like paying $60 a year just to play online. Lets not forget about one of our most important features, cross chat. XBL isn't worth anything.
MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

Saying as I can play all the Multiplat games free on the PSN (Which I rarely do Single player ftw) I never really got into Live. Admitedly I've only had it for two months which came as one month deals free with a game, but after Pc gaming on certain titles I don't see how anyone can call it superior to Pc services like steam, especially not £40 better either it's ludicrous to think it warrants that price point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

How can people say its cheap when its competition is free?

It's like saying if a bag of rice costs £80 its cheap because a sports car costs over £15,000. there's no sense in it.

MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"]

yeah but if you like add up your subscription over like 10 years its like near $500 or something. that $500 could of been spent on something else

blaznwiipspman1

$500 in 10 YEARS.....YEARSS. Lets see comparatively the cost of a new car with insurance and gas for the same time period would cost you at LEAST $50 000

Yes but it could buy you a decent Gaming Rig, surround sound, Tv, Holiday etc etc all of which > XBL

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#166 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Money is money, and charging something that is free on other platform is just weak.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
The reason I don't pay for Xbox Live is because I feel like I'd be paying for a whole bunch of garbage I don't want just to play games online. I don't give a crap about Pandora, Twitter, or any of the rest of that. I just want to play games online. I can do that for free on my PS3, PC, Wii, DS, PSP, and even PS2. Plus I can get Netflix for Wii, PS3, and PC at no additional charge. So no, I don't feel like paying Microsoft money for something that literally everyone else is giving me for free.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#168 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I don't get it.

I'm paying $10 for a Month...

How does this equal to a $1 a Week?

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#170 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

I dunno, I see it more like a hamburger vs a hamburger with cheese.
moving_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 moving_penguin
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts
i'd rather pay $0 a week with psn and pc. ;)
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

it's not the money per se that bothers me, but rather the fact that I have to pay to play online.

aia89

same here, it could be $1 for a year and I wouldn't get it xD

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#173 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12397 Posts
one more thing I could buy off the McDonalds dollar menu.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 kuraimen

[QUOTE="ender2009"]

[QUOTE="Domobomb"]

In relation to the thread, I don't see how it can be misinterpreted. Then again, this is system wars. :roll:

Verge_6

For real. I mean, seriously, come on, now. In the context of the thread, it made perfect sense. It wasn't badly constructed at all. Do you get confused at a lot of pronouns, too?

One moderation wasn't enough for ya, huh? Fun fact; people often deviate from thread topics on this board. If you honestly can't see how that could be read as such, well....my sympathies. ;)

And it is badly constructed. A properly constructed statement would have been "What exclusives does the 360 have that's worth paying $1 a week for Live?". You see, without the "for Live" part, it can easily be construed as a remark about paying $1 a week for 360 games. More senseless statements on this board have been made. Glad to inform. :)

What is the difference between your thinly veiled insults and his? the only difference is that you are on the GUFU union so you get more of a free pass here. Other than that I see no reason for getting so condescending when you are clearly not a better "debater" than him. And yes the statement you are arguing about is perfectly understandable in the context of this thread. It is a poor debate tactic to take things out of context to make a point by the way.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Giancar
[QUOTE="kuraimen"] the only difference is that you are on the GUFU union so you get more of a free pass here.

don't attack the union, because a few are ***** doesn't mean the whole union is **** An advise: pm a mod of your confidence, copy the post you think it is mod worthy, put the link and voila!
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] the only difference is that you are on the GUFU union so you get more of a free pass here.

don't attack the union, because a few are ***** doesn't mean the whole union is **** !

I beg to differ. We're all pretty much condescending asses. :P
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 kuraimen
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] the only difference is that you are on the GUFU union so you get more of a free pass here.

don't attack the union, because a few are ***** doesn't mean the whole union is **** An advise: pm a mod of your confidence, copy the post you think it is mod worthy, put the link and voila!

That's the thing I don't have mods of my confidence while they have I have reported stuff by them before and it goes unpunished. Saying something like "If you honestly can't see how that could be read as such, well....my sympathies." might not violate any rule here but he's clearly insinuating the guy is not very smart. If the things I have reported them for haven't worked then this won't either. I understand not all GUFU members are like that but some of the most prolific ones are and it doesn't help that several mods belong to the same union.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#180 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Speak for yourself.

I'm an angel :]

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] the only difference is that you are on the GUFU union so you get more of a free pass here.

That's the thing I don't have mods of my confidence while they have I have reported stuff by them before and it goes unpunished. Saying something like "If you honestly can't see how that could be read as such, well....my sympathies." might not violate any rule here but he's clearly insinuating the guy is not very smart. If the things I have reported them for haven't worked then this won't either. I understand not all GUFU members are like that but some of the most prolific ones are and it doesn't help that several mods belong to the same union.

You could just you know Not take it seriously, not get mad over it, not feed into the comment and show your rage, you know the whole 9 yards.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Verge_6

Speak for yourself.

jg4xchamp

I think your mod history says otherwise. :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#184 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44724 Posts
considering the bills and expenses I have to pay each month like health insurance, dental insurance, car insurance, gas for the car, electricity, cable television, high speed internet, rent, etc, I barely notice my annual Gold Subscription costs, and this basically does come down to an average of $5 a month, though I pay it at once, I'm frugal though so I always find ways to save for my fun
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

Speak for yourself.

Verge_6

I think your mod history says otherwise. :P

What mod history? I was under the impression GUFU members don't get modded?

Must have something to do with all that zero dollars I spend on PSN. lol Live and its 1 dollar a week.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 kuraimen
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Giancar"] don't attack the union, because a few are ***** doesn't mean the whole union is **** An advise: pm a mod of your confidence, copy the post you think it is mod worthy, put the link and voila!

You could just you know Not take it seriously, not get mad over it, not feed into the comment and show your rage, you know the whole 9 yards.

I could yes and I do most of the time but it feels it isn't fair for the ember2009 guy to possibly get banned while the same old keep playing their games. Not that I could change anything but I feel like speaking my mind about it from time to time so that it at least doesn't remain tacit.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

$1.00 a week? OMFG how much is it for a nano second? It would be just as relevant!

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Verge_6
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] That's the thing I don't have mods of my confidence while they have I have reported stuff by them before and it goes unpunished. Saying something like "If you honestly can't see how that could be read as such, well....my sympathies." might not violate any rule here but he's clearly insinuating the guy is not very smart. If the things I have reported them for haven't worked then this won't either. I understand not all GUFU members are like that but some of the most prolific ones are and it doesn't help that several mods belong to the same union.

I could yes and I do most of the time but it feels it isn't fair for the ember2009 guy to possibly get banned while the same old keep playing their games. Not that I could change anything but I feel like speaking my mind about it from time to time so that it at least doesn't remain tacit.

He won't get banned if he stops calling people outright idiots. :D
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#189 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Money is money, and charging something that is free on other platform is just weak.

Mr_BillGates
Look, Bill Gates gets it! Oh wait...
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

With all the talk of how bad Xbox Live is and how it is not worth it. But then you say wait:roll: I'm a gamer and I want the best should I even be in gaming if I can not pay $1.00 a week:?

Thought of the day here people lets get realistic about this.

MortgageMan007

my thoughts exactly.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 kuraimen
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] You could just you know Not take it seriously, not get mad over it, not feed into the comment and show your rage, you know the whole 9 yards.

You're calling him an idiot too in a subtle way.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Years later and lemmings are still trying to justify XBL gold with the dollar-per-week argument...sad really.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Years later and lemmings are still trying to justify XBL gold with the dollar-per-week argument...sad really.

Gxgear
Wait untill it becomes 2$ a day because of the backdoor deals for Call of Duty 13. :D
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Verge_6
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] I could yes and I do most of the time but it feels it isn't fair for the ember2009 guy to possibly get banned while the same old keep playing their games. Not that I could change anything but I feel like speaking my mind about it from time to time so that it at least doesn't remain tacit.

You're calling him an idiot too in a subtle way.

Never. I'm as pure and innocent as a newborn.
ender2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 ender2009
Member since 2004 • 521 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] One moderation wasn't enough for ya, huh? Fun fact; people often deviate from thread topics on this board. If you honestly can't see how that could be read as such, well....my sympathies. ;)

And it is badly constructed. A properly constructed statement would have been "What exclusives does the 360 have that's worth paying $1 a week for Live?". You see, without the "for Live" part, it can easily be construed as a remark about paying $1 a week for 360 games. More senseless statements on this board have been made. Glad to inform. :)

Verge_6

What is the difference between your thinly veiled insults and his? the only difference is that you are on the GUFU union so you get more of a free pass here. Other than that I see no reason for getting so condescending when you are clearly not a better "debater" than him. And yes the statement you are arguing about is perfectly understandable in the context of this thread. It is a poor debate tactic to take things out of context to make a point by the way.

What's the difference? Well, for one, I know the ToS. ;)

As for you chiding me over debate techniques...oooh, teh ironies. Hold on, I gotta go show this to the guys in the IRC. Lemme see who's on...Wasdie, good ol' Mac, and, as usual, Teuf. 8)

Nah, I know the ToS. I just felt like saying what I had to say, and since I knew you read it, I'm cool with getting modded. :D
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] What is the difference between your thinly veiled insults and his? the only difference is that you are on the GUFU union so you get more of a free pass here. Other than that I see no reason for getting so condescending when you are clearly not a better "debater" than him. And yes the statement you are arguing about is perfectly understandable in the context of this thread. It is a poor debate tactic to take things out of context to make a point by the way.ender2009

As for you chiding me over debate techniques...oooh, teh ironies. Hold on, I gotta go show this to the guys in the IRC. Lemme see who's on...Wasdie, good ol' Mac, and, as usual, Teuf. 8)

Nah, I know the ToS. I just felt like saying what I had to say, and since I knew you read it, I'm cool with getting modded. :D

Does it matter if all it does is make me have lulz? In a way, you feed mah entertainment.
ender2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 ender2009
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] You could just you know Not take it seriously, not get mad over it, not feed into the comment and show your rage, you know the whole 9 yards.

I'm still here. :)
ender2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 ender2009

[QUOTE="ender2009"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Verge_6

Does it matter if all it does is make me have lulz? In a way, you feed mah entertainment.

Nope, it does not matter. Still glad I wrote it.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Giancar
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] the only difference is that you are on the GUFU union so you get more of a free pass here.

I'll be sincere and frank you have a point, I'll give you that Not all Gufu mods are angels, I know it (people that want to start an argument for this...deal with it!) But you are taking this too seriously, this board is already too strict...do you want it to become a military campus =|?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="ender2009"] Nah, I know the ToS. I just felt like saying what I had to say, and since I knew you read it, I'm cool with getting modded. :Dender2009

Nope, it does not matter. Still glad I wrote it.

And you're happiness = my happiness, snookums. :)