Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

AdobeArtist  Moderator

Poll Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :) (158 votes)

This will be the greatest game of all time!!! 13%
Biggest flop of the gen, fo sho 10%
I think it looks good, but imma hate it cuz its XB1 exclusive 3%
I'm totally fakeboying how awesome it is, mwa-hahaha 1%
It's just another shooter 14%
Why isn't this on PS4? 5%
It's good, but no Mass Effect or Tomb Raider 3%
But does it have the foliage? 2%
This game causes massive jelly and butthurt 13%
lol 720p 13%
the new multiplayer champion is upon us 14%
AdobeArtist, what the *bleep* have you done??? 9%

Hey guys, remember when this was System Wars?? Well you know what... it still is. Yeah, I just checked the board again and it doesn't say "Titan Wars". So we'll just keep it here for now and wait to see when things settle down.

behave ;)

• 
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#551 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Downloading the Beta right now! ( PC )
looking forward to playing it using my Dualshock 4 or X360 controller.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#552  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Infinite_Access said:

Hey guys i hear the ai are bad because "they programmed it that way". Well thats a new excuse! ;)

Lemmings have an excuse for everything.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#553 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Downloading the Beta for Xbox One now, yay I'm so glad it went out to everyone.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

May as well try it when it's available for everyone on PC. Doubt it'll wow me though.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

anybody up for a party?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I really hope the nerf the smart pistol. They need to shorten the range and extend the lock on timer, shit is ridiculous right now.

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Downloading the Beta right now! ( PC )

looking forward to playing it using my Dualshock 4 or X360 controller.

Why ? This is a fast paced competitive shooter and every will be playing with keyboard and mouse.

Why would you handicap yourself like that ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 R4gn4r0k  Online

@mems_1224 said:

I really hope the nerf the smart pistol. They need to shorten the range and extend the lock on timer, shit is ridiculous right now.

I disagree. I've only got killed by a smart pistol once, while I've killed people with smart pistols dozens of times.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Infinite_Access: The Xbox One version doesn't look much better than an Xbox 360 game. If you're really curious, I would imagine other cross-gen/platform shooters will be a pretty good comparison.

As the Xbox One version looks pretty damn similar to the PC version. The PC version also doesn't look much better than a 360 game and by that token wont look much different on a PS4 (if it ever gets to it). Instead of looking at videos and pics and trying to flame the Xbox One. Play the beta, the game looks and plays really good on Xbox One and PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560 R4gn4r0k  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mems_1224 said:

I disagree. I've only got killed by a smart pistol once, while I've killed people with smart pistols dozens of times.

Ok, that was my initial impression. Last server I was on almost everyone had a smart pistol. Seems like this game has now turned into smart pistol simulator.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#561 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

The obvious solution to the smart pistol, from what I've seen, is to have it only lock on to AI. That way it can be a proper secondary, a gun you switch to in order to quickly clear AI, instead of being an OP weapon that everyone uses.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

DF

Titanfall is a healthy 60fps shooter as promised, but only as long as it's played with an on-foot Call of Duty mindset.

However, it all changes once you buckle into a Titan, and in this build we see lengthy passages of play (particularly by the end of a mission) falling within the 35-45fps range.

It's also impossible to ignore the tearing that creeps up during such dips.

That said, it's unfortunate that once you stop to have a look around at the arena that the environment appears so clinical. Much of Fracture, for example, is built to a very strict and rigid wireframe, with no evidence of next-gen technologies such as tessellation to round off the more egregious corners. Shading is also largely missing, outside of baked-in shadows and ambient occlusion that fades in we near objects. The two maps shown so far are vibrant and well-suited for the wall-run-and-gunning gameplay, but without these extra layers of detail the whole world come across as a little plain, lacking in dynamic destruction and enhanced environmental detail and animation.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-beta-tech-analysis

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

DF

Titanfall is a healthy 60fps shooter as promised, but only as long as it's played with an on-foot Call of Duty mindset.

However, it all changes once you buckle into a Titan, and in this build we see lengthy passages of play (particularly by the end of a mission) falling within the 35-45fps range.

That said, it's unfortunate that once you stop to have a look around at the arena that the environment appears so clinical. Much of Fracture, for example, is built to a very strict and rigid wireframe, with no evidence of next-gen technologies such as tessellation to round off the more egregious corners. Shading is also largely missing, outside of baked-in shadows and ambient occlusion that fades in we near objects. The two maps shown so far are vibrant and well-suited for the wall-run-and-gunning gameplay, but without these extra layers of detail the whole world come across as a little plain, lacking in dynamic destruction and enhanced environmental detail and animation.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-beta-tech-analysis

Hmmm seems to me the last line is nothing but opinion. Dynamic destruction is the reason battlefield is shit now, and the environment I've seen in the live breakthroughs looks quite detailed and the animation looks amazing.

But I'll just leave this here.

Killzoned24: oh man titanfall is shit and always has been shit.

*game is announced for ps4 or sequel is announced for ps4*

Killzoned24:

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 killzowned24

Dem graphics and performance! xbone truly is a beast...LOL

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#565 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Why do people get so worked up about the smart pistol? It has a major range limitation and it takes time to get a lock. I played with smart pistol for a while and quickly understood that I will never get to be a top scorer on my team with one unless I develop some serious jetpack skills. I got more upset getting sniped by a camper four buildings away.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#566 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

Loading Video...

Smart pistol= the next noobtubes.

the game looks a ton of fun but i can see it getting boring really quick and seriously its like a copy and paste of CoD .. whats noticeable about tf is that it looks like an even faster FPS than Call of Duty.

i dont think this game will have enough content to justify its $60 asking price and seeing how its less than a month away with no news about number of maps, number of guns, number of modes almost confirms it wont have enough content.

anyways looking forward to playing the beta very soon.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 killzowned24

It's actually comparable with PS3 in graphics and not even its best games.

Evidence- here's MAG which supported 256 players ,yet is arguably better looking.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568  Edited By tdkmillsy

@killzowned24 said:

Err it looks exactly the same on PC with max effects on. typical troll pick a bad picture (that's not even gameplay its training) and claim it has bad graphics. Play the game graphics are good (not great but good enough), fps great, game awesome.

Titanfall graphics are way better than MAG and fps is higher.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 killzowned24

@tdkmillsy said:

@killzowned24 said:

Err it looks exactly the same on PC with max effects on. typical troll pick a bad picture (that's not even gameplay its training) and claim it has bad graphics. Play the game graphics are good (not great but good enough), fps great, game awesome.

Probably because M$ paid the devs off to gimp the pc. There's another shot above,but go ahead and post something better if you dare.

Teller76567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570  Edited By Teller76567
Member since 2014 • 29 Posts

Hmmm.....let me see buy a game for 60 bucks and having to pay another 60 to play it because it's online mp only. I think i will pass see no one really can recall from what happened to the original xbox live servers they got shut down and dis owned like a red headed step child. So their making a copy of it for the 360 and in two or so year's the xbox live support for the 360 will get shut down think about it. I'm no ps4 fanboy i like my 360 i loved my original xbox but for Microsoft to give people the shaft with the new xbox one all in one media center bs. xbox owners are going to cave in to this? and having developers say bend over? i'm glad i have held out of trying to figure out witch console to get because once you get one with the economy so horrific it's a life time commitment

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571  Edited By tdkmillsy

The image above is far better than the one you have posted. I don't need images I've played the game. The graphics are good enough yes they could be better but at the sacrifice of gameplay and FPS (this would be the case on any system). Don't forget its a beta and improvements will be made. What exactly is your point??? the graphics are not as good as other games??? You show me a game that is as fast paced where you can literally get from one side of the map to the other in seconds across or through buildings. If you care more about the graphics than anything else you are simply a troll.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@killzowned24 said:

DF

we see lengthy passages of play (particularly by the end of a mission) falling within the 35-45fps range.

Much of Fracture, for example, is built to a very strict and rigid wireframe, with no evidence of next-gen technologies such as tessellation to round off the more egregious corners. Shading is also largely missing, outside of baked-in shadows and ambient occlusion that fades in we near objects. The two maps shown so far are vibrant and well-suited for the wall-run-and-gunning gameplay, but without these extra layers of detail the whole world come across as a little plain, lacking in dynamic destruction and enhanced environmental detail and animation.

Saviour of Xbone. Muh silky smooth 60FPS.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

@Netherscourge: yea I played the pc ver. For about 5hrs yesterday and was using the 360 controller. I was actually doing pretty good for using a controller on pc! Trying the xb1 ver. Now and the one really has a very good upscaler! It doesnt look as bluurry as I thought it would. But there is alotve screen tear and frame drops on the xb1 ver.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 killzowned24

@tdkmillsy said:

The image above is far better than the one you have posted. I don't need images I've played the game. The graphics are good enough yes they could be better but at the sacrifice of gameplay and FPS (this would be the case on any system). Don't forget its a beta and improvements will be made. What exactly is your point??? the graphics are not as good as other games??? You show me a game that is as fast paced where you can literally get from one side of the map to the other in seconds across or through buildings. If you care more about the graphics than anything else you are simply a troll.

Far better? The other would look just as crappy if had a model in view.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Wanderer5 said:

@lostrib said:

Holy shit, how is origin so fast?

Heh yeah I was shocked last night. For stuff like steam and Guild Wars 2 it around 300kb for me, but for origin it went up to even 3mb.0.0

It is probably the Microsoft azure servers im not sure. Which are said to be fast.

pretty sure Microsoft's servers don't play into this, it is from EA

All of the platforms for this game will be using Microsoft's servers

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 tdkmillsy

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@killzowned24 said:

DF

we see lengthy passages of play (particularly by the end of a mission) falling within the 35-45fps range.

Much of Fracture, for example, is built to a very strict and rigid wireframe, with no evidence of next-gen technologies such as tessellation to round off the more egregious corners. Shading is also largely missing, outside of baked-in shadows and ambient occlusion that fades in we near objects. The two maps shown so far are vibrant and well-suited for the wall-run-and-gunning gameplay, but without these extra layers of detail the whole world come across as a little plain, lacking in dynamic destruction and enhanced environmental detail and animation.

Saviour of Xbone. Muh silky smooth 60FPS.

I can pull bits from the article as well

However, while the Xbox One beta has its own fair share technical quibbles, there is an undeniable entertainment factor to the game that takes precedent.

They point out the most important bit at the end of the same article. Haters going to hate.

Plus they are looking at the beta which has 2 maps and will be optimised.

Plus its the same on PC.

Plus its won loads of awards

Plus I've played it and its awesome.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577  Edited By kuu2

It is sad to see Cows not be able to handle being gameless............

Trying to FUD an entire thread even when no one is really listening because they have actually played the game. Played for 4 hours last night with a group of 3 and it was glorious.

I also had my first Titanfall kill on another Titan and it was one of the best gaming moments I have had in years.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#578 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

There is nothing wrong with Titanfall's graphics. They look just fine to me! Personally when playing an FPS, I don't take time to look at the textures of a leaf or what the walls look like! Those of you who dog TF's visuals act like they were made for the Sega Dreamcast. Titanfall looks as good a CoD Ghosts and is a hell of a lot more fun to play...PERIOD!!

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

I won like 27 of my last 30 games. It was fun at first but it seems to be getting really old quick

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 rogelio22

@daious: yea it really is starting to feel like cod with mechs

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Received my X1 beta code last night and my PC code this morning ( downloading the PC version now )

I have to say, I am not a huge multiplayer guy. I enjoy them but I always prefer a great single experience over a multiplayer run and gun but damn this game is fun as hell!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 R4gn4r0k  Online

@kuu2 said:

Trying to FUD an entire thread even when no one is really listening because they have actually played the game. Played for 4 hours last night with a group of 3 and it was glorious.

I also had my first Titanfall kill on another Titan and it was one of the best gaming moments I have had in years.

It's not easy to pull off, but so satisfying :D

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Its undeniably fun. A definite purchase for me. This game will shift its fair share of X1's.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts
@rogelio22 said:

@daious: yea it really is starting to feel like cod with mechs

Yeah. I am not trying to say its a bad game but I don't think it will have longevity.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 rogelio22

@daious: hopefully itll have some cool game modes when it releases... really hate the bots tho

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586 kuu2
@R4gn4r0k said:

@kuu2 said:

It's not easy to pull off, but so satisfying :D

You playing on the PC or the One? Getting together a party tonight on The One and still looking for some teamates.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587  Edited By kuu2

Titanfall Will Ship With 14 maps OOOLALA!!!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 tdkmillsy

http://techland.time.com/2014/02/14/titanfall-is-the-rock-em-sock-em-of-first-person-online-only-shooters/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/titanfall-beta-review-everything-you-3137751

http://www.gameskinny.com/ziw41/titanfall-beta-review-fear-the-titan

http://www.trustedreviews.com/titanfall_Games_review

the hype just keeps on growing.

10/10 for sure.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

DF

Xbone's Bonaire strikes again, what a weak POS. I just got access to the beta on PC. I'm going out right now but when I get back I'll install it and marvel at dem last gen textures and visuals that the Xbone can't seem to render at 1080p/60fps.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@tdkmillsy said:

http://techland.time.com/2014/02/14/titanfall-is-the-rock-em-sock-em-of-first-person-online-only-shooters/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/titanfall-beta-review-everything-you-3137751

http://www.gameskinny.com/ziw41/titanfall-beta-review-fear-the-titan

http://www.trustedreviews.com/titanfall_Games_review

the hype just keeps on growing.

10/10 for sure.

[Shilling intensifies]

@tdkmillsy said:

I can pull bits from the article as well

However, while the Xbox One beta has its own fair share technical quibbles, there is an undeniable entertainment factor to the game that takes precedent.

They point out the most important bit at the end of the same article. Haters going to hate.

Plus they are looking at the beta which has 2 maps and will be optimised.

Plus its the same on PC.

Plus its won loads of awards

Plus I've played it and its awesome.

DF making excuses, there's a shock.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Still causing mad butthurt to cows it seems

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@daious said:

I won like 27 of my last 30 games. It was fun at first but it seems to be getting really old quick

Short rounds with huge between round waiting times and only 2 maps is the problem for me

It's really easy to get burned out on it. Rounds fly by and then you get sick of waiting over a minute for the next round to start

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#593 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts
@seanmcloughlin said:

@daious said:

Short rounds with huge between round waiting times and only 2 maps is the problem for me

It's really easy to get burned out on it. Rounds fly by and then you get sick of waiting over a minute for the next round to start

I'm pretty sure there is a lot of time between round to customize your load-outs. It's hard enough to customize one class before a game starts usually, but in this game you have your pilot and your titan classes to create. I just think they wanted to make sure you had enough time to change both of them, I'm usually in the menu changing something when the games start anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

I'm pretty sure there is a lot of time between round to customize your load-outs. It's hard enough to customize one class before a game starts usually, but in this game you have your pilot and your titan classes to create. I just think they wanted to make sure you had enough time to change both of them, I'm usually in the menu changing something when the games start anyway.

I get that and it's nice to have it for like the first few levels or weapons you unlock but it gets to a point where you find your perfect loadout and don't really switch stuff around so you're left there waiting.

Even changing burn cards doesn't take much time and you can do it all outside of the lobbies anyway

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

I'm having a blast (been playing the Beta since Friday night on the XB1). I'm terrible at FPS games and get bored with most of them. This game though is keeping me entertained. I've mainly been playing attrition but if I was teamed up with some folks with good communication the two other modes would be a blast too. Last Titan standing for sure. I think if (big if, huge even) this game were to attract the MLG type players it would be these modes with burn cards deactivated.

I'm going to keep my preorder and am looking forward to see what campaign mode has in store. Also here's a video I made yesterday. Like I said, I'm terrible...doing stupid stuff like blindly charging out into the open, trying to fight a Titan with a pistol, etc. My games from today are as cringe worthy (no more gimping myself with the smart pistol for one) but I haven't recorded any footage yet.

Loading Video...

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#598  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

ya i say it needs be for pilots even though it takes 3 lock on's. It's all good for minions IMO where its 1 bullet

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#599  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

It's actually comparable with PS3 in graphics and not even its best games.

Evidence- here's MAG which supported 256 players ,yet is arguably better looking.

1: pic of titanfall does it no justice, looks way better on my t.v

2: mag really dude? that crap looks ugly. how much faker can that plant be?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600 R4gn4r0k  Online

@kuu2 said:

You playing on the PC or the One? Getting together a party tonight on The One and still looking for some teamates.

I'm playing on the PC.

I really need to get some people to buy this game, as it will be even more fun then :D