Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

AdobeArtist  Moderator

Poll Official TITANFALL thread. Love it? Hate it? Rant about it HERE :) (158 votes)

This will be the greatest game of all time!!! 13%
Biggest flop of the gen, fo sho 10%
I think it looks good, but imma hate it cuz its XB1 exclusive 3%
I'm totally fakeboying how awesome it is, mwa-hahaha 1%
It's just another shooter 14%
Why isn't this on PS4? 5%
It's good, but no Mass Effect or Tomb Raider 3%
But does it have the foliage? 2%
This game causes massive jelly and butthurt 13%
lol 720p 13%
the new multiplayer champion is upon us 14%
AdobeArtist, what the *bleep* have you done??? 9%

Hey guys, remember when this was System Wars?? Well you know what... it still is. Yeah, I just checked the board again and it doesn't say "Titan Wars". So we'll just keep it here for now and wait to see when things settle down.

behave ;)

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#451 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Just played a few rounds and the game is amazing. So much fun whizzing about and having shit explode everywhere. Also speed+shotgun=death everywhere.

This may be my new favourite multiplayer game. Though everyone is rusty and slow at the controls so far and it's easy get a few kills, will be interesting to see when everyone has super aim lol

Yea, Im really bummed that I already hit the level cap. I can't wait to see what other weapons and perks there are in the game for pilots and titans.

I think the final game will need a lot more variety in weapons and perks etc.

People seem to be exhausting everything really quickly

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#452 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

So I haven't received a beta code yet.....am I out of luck or are they still giving them out?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

So I haven't received a beta code yet.....am I out of luck or are they still giving them out?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@mems_1224 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Just played a few rounds and the game is amazing. So much fun whizzing about and having shit explode everywhere. Also speed+shotgun=death everywhere.

This may be my new favourite multiplayer game. Though everyone is rusty and slow at the controls so far and it's easy get a few kills, will be interesting to see when everyone has super aim lol

Yea, Im really bummed that I already hit the level cap. I can't wait to see what other weapons and perks there are in the game for pilots and titans.

Yea, thats what I was thinking too. I think this first game isn't gonna have that much customization but I hope that moving forward this gen they give us weapon skins and titan skins and more weapons. I think Titanfall is a good first step and I can't wait to see what they do with the sequels.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#455 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@chikenfriedrice said:

Me neither, and I saw that "Titanfall Beta" was trending on Twitter this morning so I had a look and there's shit loads of people giving away codes which is annoying, seems like some people have loads of them.

Avatar image for endlessinfinity
EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#456  Edited By EndlessInfinity
Member since 2013 • 231 Posts

I was playing it today and its pretty fun but I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have more tactical emphasis considering it only 6 vs 6 making perfect to coordinate and stuff.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@shawn30: so PC is a MS platform? Lol, the stupidity here is strong.

When the requirements state that 64 bit Windows 7,8, or 8.1 then yes

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/4/5378828/titanfall-system-requirements-pc

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Well this is awesome. Just got my Beta invite and I'm off for the next 3 days. Time to see what all this fuss is about.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#459 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Titans need much more of a sense of weight, there really doesn't seem to be any drawbacks to piloting one aside from getting Rodeo'd which can easily be solved by using electric smoke. They're just larger more powerful versions of ground infantry.

Also, more variety in titan types. I'm just going to list issues I think they can solve here because if I start going into map size and engine restrictions we'd be here all day. Also, the lack of recoil is something I'm not a fan of.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@regnaston: are you an idiot? Just because windows is a requirement, doesn't make PC a MS platform.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@bobbetybob said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Me neither, and I saw that "Titanfall Beta" was trending on Twitter this morning so I had a look and there's shit loads of people giving away codes which is annoying, seems like some people have loads of them.

Just received mine about 30-45 mins ago in my email, so there's hope!

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts
@PinkieWinkie said:

@regnaston: are you an idiot? Just because windows is a requirement, doesn't make PC a MS platform.

are you an idiot? I never said a PC was an MS platform. I said Windows is required for the game

perhaps you need to learn to read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Haven't been able to play for the last hour. I start the game and it says I have a ping of about 67ms but when I join a game it shoots up to 800+ms and I constantly get disconnected.

The server setup for this game is a joke, having so few data centers for a game they've been hyping this much and backed by EA of all companies and we still have **** all options

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 ReadingRainbow4

@seanmcloughlin said:

Haven't been able to play for the last hour. I start the game and it says I have a ping of about 67ms but when I join a game it shoots up to 800+ms and I constantly get disconnected.

The server setup for this game is a joke, having so few data centers for a game they've been hyping this much and backed by EA of all companies and we still have **** all options

power of the cloud.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@WadeFan said:

@bobbetybob said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Apparently the servers were down, and they just recently went back up so they resumed sending out keys.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#466 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@bobbetybob: you guys can still get one. When you sign up it says ea will be sending them out until the 17th.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

Fun game but I think it will get boring quick. 6 vs 6 feels a bit empty and killing AI is no fun, wish it was at least 10 vs 10 with no AI. I have a spare Xbox One beta code if anyone wants it.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#468 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@lostrib said:

@WadeFan said:

@bobbetybob said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Apparently the servers were down, and they just recently went back up so they resumed sending out keys.

Hmm, we shall see. Considering I've been in the BFBC2/BF3/BF4 betas you'd think that might give you some sort of priority but apparently they'd rather send out 600 keys to random Youtubers instead.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@regnaston: so basically you were saying something that everyone already knew and had nothing to do with what I said. Ok cool.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470  Edited By lostrib

@bobbetybob said:
@lostrib said:

@WadeFan said:

@bobbetybob said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Hmm, we shall see. Considering I've been in the BFBC2/BF3/BF4 betas you'd think that might give you some sort of priority but apparently they'd rather send out 600 keys to random Youtubers instead.

Yeah. Dammit! It's supposed to rain, I need something to do for the 3 day weekend. Bastards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Bots in this game are stupid, they are no threat and distract you from killing real people. They're not even satisfying to kill. My biggest issue with the game so far

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bots in this game are stupid, they are no threat and distract you from killing real people. They're not even satisfying to kill. My biggest issue with the game so far

You can just use the auto lockon pistol to clean them up really fast. My biggest issue with this game is that it feels so much like call of duty gunplay wise, and that's something I've never really enjoyed.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 mems_1224

I love the nuke perk for the Titan. Im not all that great using the Titans so I just hop in mine and rush people and bait them into getting close and blowing me up. I took out two Titans with the nuke earlier today.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@mems_1224 said:

I love the nuke perk for the Titan. Im not all that great using the Titans so I just hop in mine and rush people and bait them into getting close and blowing me up. I took out two Titans with the nuke earlier today.

It's just a larger version of martyrdom which also offers a chance of escape.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 mems_1224

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

It's just a larger version of martyrdom which also offers a chance of escape.

Yea but it looks really awesome when you eject and see a massive glow followed by an explosion and a bunch of points prompts on your screen. My only real complaint is that I wish the melee finishers for Titans were more gruesome. Grabbing a Pilot out of a Titan is awesome but then you just kinda drop them

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

Moving forward I hope they include some game types that remove the bots to make room for more real pilots. They;re damn annoying but not really deadly, In the end you really only face a team of 6 which feels way small.

I want more games to embrace Mechs, enough of these lame ultra realistic war shooters "lol COD realistic, I know right."

I still think the basic idea for this game in frostbite would have been cool as ****.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 mems_1224

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Moving forward I hope they include some game types that remove the bots to make room for more real pilots. They;re damn annoying but not really deadly, In the end you really only face a team of 6 which feels way small.

I want more games to embrace Mechs, enough of these lame ultra realistic war shooters "lol COD realistic, I know right."

I still think the basic idea for this game in frostbite would have been cool as ****.

IDK man, I would rather they made the bots a bit more aggressive than adding more people. Playing right now when the other team has 4 Titans is already pretty hectic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

not worth a purchase, going to milk the beta while I can.... will clearly get ridiculously "samey"

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#479  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

I think the point of having bots is to have them distract you while the actual players can come at you.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Dat xbone secret sauce.

http://i2.minus.com/iSYP5Q7Vxzogq.png

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I think the point of having bots is to have them distract you while the actual players can come at you.

I think bots were added to fill the maps a bit more than anything and have it feel like a bigger battle than it really is.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

Ive only been playing a few hours and my hype is pretty much gone for this game now.

Initial impressions:-

- It stinks of the same brain dead skilless experience that was call of duty. If your a casual player you will probably love it, if you're a more hardcore type of online player who likes games that have high skill ceilings that are super competitive and take tons of mastery - there isnt much of that to be found here.

- Stop putting fucking ironsights in FPS games. It looks ugly as shit when your gun turns into what looks like a 2d cardboard cutout.

- I love the artstyle, but cool artstyle and shallow gameplay isnt enough to keep someone like me entertained for long... has been a ton of games that fit that description in recent years sadly.

I know its only a beta, but considering the game is due out soon i doubt much will be changing in terms of how it actually plays between now and the final release.... I was hoping this would satisfy my fps competitive fix since cs:go turned out so badly.... looks like im still waiting for a game that can achieve that.

Im sure it will still sell well though, considering how much marketing hype there is surrounding it and no doubt will get good review scores since so many games reviewers seem scared to give these overhyped games less than stellar scores (good examples of that in recent times bioshock infinite, GTA 5 etc) like they think somehow the games industry will die or something if these big budget games dont sell so well... idk but ill be playing Dark Souls 2 this March and not this thats for sure.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#483 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I think bots were added to fill the maps a bit more than anything and have it feel like a bigger battle than it really is.

That probably is the case, but I find myself dying a lot more when I engage the bots since that will mark your position on the map.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 mems_1224

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I've been killed by bots before :*(

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Got into the beta, played a few matches... I still cannot understand why this game earned so many rewards and generated such a hype. It's a good game, no doubt, but that's really it. It's good, but not as revolutionary as people keep hyping it up to be. Lots of people compare it to CoD, which I never got into, so maybe that's why I'm not all head over heels for it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@mems_1224 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I've been killed by bots before :*(

scrub :P

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

the smart pistols still good against real players if you're wall running or dropping off a building because it gives you that time needed to get the Lock.

You can troll with this shit so easily, lol.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 Nightflash28

@killzowned24 said:

Dat xbone secret sauce.

http://i2.minus.com/iSYP5Q7Vxzogq.png

Compare to many other moments in the game, that actually looks kinda decent. Playing it on PC, all setting to 'high', and the amount (and degree) of blurred textures is incredible.
I know it's a beta and it was said that the final version looks better (though was that just for the Xbox One?) but at the moment this game looks like it could have been released 7 years ago. :S

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#489 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

loving this game!

can't wait to get my hands on the whole package

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#490 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Watched friend in beta, cry about how its all casual, no real skill needed. Then why are you dying I asked? He said that's the point, anyone can pick up and get kills in these games. I think some people have a high opinion of their gaming skills, and their little ego's Heiney hurts when the die in these games. Looked fun for the little bit I watched.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 ReadingRainbow4

@Nightflash28 said:

Got into the beta, played a few matches... I still cannot understand why this game earned so many rewards and generated such a hype. It's a good game, no doubt, but that's really it. It's good, but not as revolutionary as people keep hyping it up to be. Lots of people compare it to CoD, which I never got into, so maybe that's why I'm not all head over heels for it?

It's just marketing hubub, It never was going to be this insanely unique experience like many xboners were making it out to be.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@mems_1224 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I'm the complete opposite.

I don't need hundreds of SMGs, Assault Rifles, Shotguns that are the exact same things, yet slightly different in stats. Just so people can unlock crap. I think that a limited amount of balanced guns is way better.

Competitive shooters aren't about what I can unlock every 5 seconds for me, it's all about balance and skill. Learning the ropes, the map design and getting better at it. Not unlocking slightly different rifle number 21.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Would there be any gratification if there were like less than 5 human players left on the map while you were in a Mech? Where would be the wow factor?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Would there be any gratification if there were like less than 5 human players left on the map while you were in a Mech? Where would be the wow factor?

That's the point, the player count is too low for the map size so they padded it.

The wow factor can be in the campaign stuff but when I want a straight competitive round of skill based shooting and tactics, I don't want bots running around pestering me and causing tedium

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I'm installing the Beta now. I have an extra key I may post here if my buddy doesn't get back to me soon to tell me if he wants it or not.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 Nightflash28

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

That's the point, the player count is too low for the map size so they padded it.

The wow factor can be in the campaign stuff but when I want a straight competitive round of skill based shooting and tactics, I don't want bots running around pestering me and causing tedium

Then again, I don't understand why they just didn't raise the player cap? Possibly because then you wouldn't get into a titan as much, but I don't really see a fault in that.

I don't know... 60 bucks foran MP only game that (IMO) would work just as well as an F2P game? Not convinced.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

I have an extra One key if anyone wants it. PM me with an email address. I would say lemmings and manticores only but we all know that Cows can't play it ;p

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498  Edited By megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I played this game at a uni mates place and the product is preety rad, i can see why so many people are raving about it. I will say though that i think i am sort of burnt out on multiplayer games so i didnt enjoy it as much as i should have but the game is very rad. If you are into multiplayer games and are tired of COD, this is your game cause its got a lot going on

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499  Edited By lostrib

Looking at some videos, it definitely looks like the smart pistol needs to get nerfed or removed

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 mems_1224

@lostrib said:

Looking at some videos, it definitely looks like the smart pistol needs to get nerfed or removed

I haven't used it but they probably need to shorten the range or increase the time it takes to lock on a bit.