Official PSHome Thread......Keep it all here.....All others will be locked.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sniperdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 sniperdoggy
Member since 2004 • 257 Posts
Sony finally shows a glimmer of hope of being able to compete in this next gen war all they need now is better exclusive games and a price drop and then I will jump on the PS3 bandwagon!!
iwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 iwo4life
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

So first Sony lies to you about Killzone 2 E3 Trailer. Now they are using ANOTHER gimmick to get people hooked to this Second Life meets Xbox Live Achievments? Please this is so sad, and now Cows are going to what...hype this as the next Halo 3 killer? *slow claps*

Alright cows, you go have your fun with your $1.00 virtual shoes and your $5 couch, and your $10 movie for 24hours and your $2 shirt, before you know this will cost more than XBL yearly, sad.

Taiko88
xbots would you please stop with this junk. You aren't going to be charged for assets in your apartment such as shoes and couches. You will earn points by playing games to jazz up your place. You will get dinged for micro transactions the same way you do on xbot live. When you download movies, music and full games. Don't start with your FUD campaign against this.
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
[QUOTE="-Pale"]'If you've got photo's music or videos stored on your PS3 Hard Drive you can share them here with virtual screens or virtual stereos' Yup...

Whoa, really?
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#204 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.Jandurin
Until it is released, I believe nothing. I like the potential, though. It all depends on how complete they are and how greedy they are.

Sony really have to deliver and they know they have to. I allready have high expectations. I was an unhappy cow waiting for good news. Now that has come I am over the moon :D
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#206 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.gingerdivid
technically they haven't actually done anything but advertise it yet. I'll wait till it's actually out. haven't we been let down by them so often and recently too?
-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 -Pale
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
[QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="-Pale"]'If you've got photo's music or videos stored on your PS3 Hard Drive you can share them here with virtual screens or virtual stereos' Yup...

Whoa, really?

Has anyone watched the trailer? :p
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.gingerdivid
Until it is released, I believe nothing. I like the potential, though. It all depends on how complete they are and how greedy they are.

Sony really have to deliver and they know they have to. I allready have high expectations. I was an unhappy cow waiting for good news. Now that has come I am over the moon :D

And the dish ran away with the spoon
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
LOL at all the sony haters!!! This is a huge step for video game systems. Sony not an innovator??? PLEASE!! Just look at home and that amazing little big world game!!!!
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.Ontain
technically they haven't actually done anything but advertise it yet. I'll wait till it's actually out. haven't we been let down by them so often and recently too?

Please dont be realistic :( let me dream :)
mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.Jandurin

True, but so far to me (if implemented well) this looks like a good idea for the girls to hang out. I'm tellig you the women love this crap. The wii...my wife and her friends love it (and so do my kids). PS3 is doing a good job of getting femail apeal.
Secretidentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Secretidentity
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts

Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.gingerdivid

Nintendo's sloppy system..So far the Wii has alota nice features..You realize Nintendo's online hasnt yet kicked in yet..No one know what they're planning..

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.mikasa

True, but so far to me (if implemented well) this looks like a good idea for the girls to hang out. I'm tellig you the women love this crap. The wii...my wife and her friends love it (and so do my kids). PS3 is doing a good job of getting femail apeal.

Yeah, but $600 really kills that appeal
jbrittain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 jbrittain
Member since 2002 • 2151 Posts
I don't have a problem with Sony creating Home because it does have some interesting features, but seriously... you have to admit that the 3D avatar thing is very much like Nintendo's Mii idea, and the trophy feature is suspiciously similar to the 360's Achievement system.
Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Blue-Sphere
Member since 2006 • 1972 Posts
It's about time Sony actually impressed me with something very innovatitve, that has a ton of potential, but we'll see soon enough whether this PSHome is any good or not, along with possible microtransactions, aside from the free stuff at the beginning.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#217 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts
[QUOTE="Taiko88"]

So first Sony lies to you about Killzone 2 E3 Trailer. Now they are using ANOTHER gimmick to get people hooked to this Second Life meets Xbox Live Achievments? Please this is so sad, and now Cows are going to what...hype this as the next Halo 3 killer? *slow claps*

Alright cows, you go have your fun with your $1.00 virtual shoes and your $5 couch, and your $10 movie for 24hours and your $2 shirt, before you know this will cost more than XBL yearly, sad.

iwo4life

xbots would you please stop with this junk. You aren't going to be charged for assets in your apartment such as shoes and couches. You will earn points by playing games to jazz up your place. You will get dinged for micro transactions the same way you do on xbot live. When you download movies, music and full games. Don't start with your FUD campaign against this.

But it IS possible that with all the PSHome is going to offer, you may find yourself "nickle-and-diming" your way to over $5 a month worth of stuff (games, clothes, etc.).  Is it worth it?  That's T.B.D., but to think that the best experiences in PSHome will all be free of charge might be narrow-minded.  Just like having to pay for the premium content on Live.

I'm interested to hear from Major Nelson and the Xbox team on how they view this and what they have up their sleeves.

reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 reilo
Member since 2004 • 1131 Posts
I came, I saw, I changed my boxers. Mighty impressive. This is the right step for Sony, and this is beyond what people have actually asked of them to do.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]Yes, Sony ripped off Nintendo. But who cares, this is almost 10x than Nintendo's sloppy system. Admit it, Sony have done well here.mikasa

Huh?  You tellin' me that girls don't like chainsawing Locusts?

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#220 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="-Pale"][QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]I think Sony just won the war....-Pale
lets wait till it actually comes out and see how it works (what you have to pay for) we should all be skeptical about anything that sony promises before it's released.

What do you think people have to pay for?

well i read they mentioned apartment. and then stuff for your apartment. the music you want to play in your apartment etc. if all you get free is your character, 1 starting outfit and the lobby... well that's not very special.

So if you get a free character with loads of clothing already available, a free apartment and from the sounds of things you can play music that's ALREADY on your PS3 hard drive along with videos. So you don't need to download them. I really doubt they'll make you pay for a room.

loads of clothing already available? how do you know you don't have to buy other outfits than the one you initially created your character with? How do you know that virtual real estate is free? as for the music and videos. Second Life requires that you pay them a fee in order to upload media to their servers. otherwise other ppl can't see them. how do you know it won't be the same on Home? if you think that you can store it all on your harddrive then it's going to be a spotty community with real estate and content disappearing when ppl turn off their ps3's. also depending on your connection how would you support more than a few ppl going to your apartment and streaming content from your ps3? see how it wouldn't work as easy as you might think?
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#221 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
It's about time Sony actually impressed me with something very innovatitve, that has a ton of potential, but we'll see soon enough whether this PSHome is any good or not, along with possible microtransactions, aside from the free stuff at the beginning. Blue-Sphere

Its hardly innovative.  just looks like another rip off of achievement system that microsoft has and the Mii that Nintendo has.  Nothing really innovative here. 
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#222 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
this won't help to beat XBL , it's a game , a second life ripoff . how will PSH make playing Warhawk or Killzone better ? nothing . on XBL you have total freedom of multimedia , chat , Messages , etc, all this while playing games . PSH is a game , not a XBL killer .

And a total milkage experience :roll: !
Prid3r
A game? Yet you call it a Secound Life rip-off, which is not a game. Hmm... also, you have very little, if any, multi media freedoms. Theres a small selection of supported things XBL offers, whereas the PS3 gives you that freedom. And PSN/H will have chat, messaging, etc.
Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#223 Taiko88
Member since 2004 • 1854 Posts
[QUOTE="Taiko88"]

iwo4life

What are you talking about cow? If you saw the trailer you will be charged for shoes, special cloths, special furniture...sigh you cows are so blind
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
this won't help to beat XBL , it's a game , a second life ripoff . how will PSH make playing Warhawk or Killzone better ? nothing . on XBL you have total freedom of multimedia , chat , Messages , etc, all this while playing games . PSH is a game , not a XBL killer .

And a total milkage experience :roll: !
Prid3r
i guess lemmings can make anything look bad :l
Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Blue-Sphere
[QUOTE="Blue-Sphere"]It's about time Sony actually impressed me with something very innovatitve, that has a ton of potential, but we'll see soon enough whether this PSHome is any good or not, along with possible microtransactions, aside from the free stuff at the beginning. sirk1264

Its hardly innovative. just looks like another rip off of achievement system that microsoft has and the Mii that Nintendo has. Nothing really innovative here.

I meant it as a whole, not just those ideas.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#226 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts
Looks meh. I care more about games then what it has to offer. 
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Blue-Sphere"]It's about time Sony actually impressed me with something very innovatitve, that has a ton of potential, but we'll see soon enough whether this PSHome is any good or not, along with possible microtransactions, aside from the free stuff at the beginning. sirk1264

Its hardly innovative. just looks like another rip off of achievement system that microsoft has and the Mii that Nintendo has. Nothing really innovative here.

Its alot more innovative then Miis, which has no innovation and isnt even really used. Turning on your PS3 and being having a virtual "life" isnt innovative? If this has half the stuff Sony promises itllbe really cool, sure its alot like Second life, but most "new" console ideas have been on the PC for years.
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

What bothers me almost as much as this blatant ripoff of competitor's ideas is the cows' reaction to it.

Before: "Achievements are pointless." "OMG Miis, Kidtendo is at it again!! :lol:"

After: "TS&LHBO, we get achievements and Miis!!"

I guess I should be used to it by now...:roll:

samven582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 samven582
Member since 2004 • 1471 Posts
It looks like Sony is finally heading in the right direction with there online services. Now they only need to is lower the price of ps3.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

I think i'm the only one who dislikes this whole Home approach to an online community.

Graphically, it is hardly charming and appealing to me since it sports a very realistic look. Too realistic I would go so in saying. The Sims, despite having a similar style, at least had some charm to it whereas this has absolutely none. It's trying to pull off making a game lobby into a Sims-lite MMO, but unfortunately that will over complicate matters as far as menus go. It will be essential that it streams flawlessly from the HDD, otherwise I will have to wade through loading screens just to get to a pre-game lobby of all things. I just think Sony are trying to do too much by making it like a living room on your television. They have taken the simple but effective matchmaking approach, and added layer upon layer of un-necessary ideas and a frankly ugly design.

I also think that the way you access the features is all wrong. I mean, a trophy room? A cinema that you have to walk to? All I want to do is scroll down a menu and press play. When I look at it from the rival Xbox 360s point of view, I don't want to turn on my console and have to boot up Home, then walk to each movie and hit play. It will just side track me from what I really want to be watching or downloading. I think again this demonstrates how Sony have over-complicating proceedings to outweigh the rivals. What is really happening to us is that we are being blinded by their pretty lights and ambition. When we do manage to finally see however, it will make us yearn for simpler times.

Call me a hater or skeptic if you want, but that's just the way I feel on the whole Home system. I prefer the lists and simplicity of the Xbox Live blade system over this. I think the idea would have fared better with a charming Mii style cartoon look and Xbox Live simplicity to be honest...

Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Blue-Sphere

What bothers me almost as much as this blatant ripoff of competitor's ideas is the cows' reaction to it.

Before: "Achievements are pointless." "OMG Miis, Kidtendo is at it again!! :lol:"

Tsug_Ze_Wind
They're Cows. What else would you expect from them? :P
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 coolguy1111

Tsug_Ze_Wind
This is the farthest thing from miis. Miis= useless gimick thats not even used and just something for you to look at, PSH= a useful gimmick thats much more like 2nd life then miis, is a full world where you can make your own house and have alot more custom ability, and you can actually use your little character.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 coolguy1111
Im sure theyll offer the option to just click a button and go to the place.
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Tsug_Ze_Wind
[QUOTE="Tsug_Ze_Wind"]

coolguy1111

This is the farthest thing from miis. Miis= useless gimick thats not even used and just something for you to look at, PSH= a useful gimmick thats much more like 2nd life then miis, is a full world where you can make your own house and have alot more custom ability, and you can actually use your little character.

So basically, "The same, except bettar!!"

Yep. Ripoff.

seanlole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 seanlole
Member since 2003 • 40 Posts
sounds cool, but honestly:

Habbo hotel + the sims + Mii/2 + XBL/2 = playstation home

IMO!
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
Just watched the video, looks like it could be good. "Infinitely better and more exiting than anything on any other consoles." :lol: :lol:
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Tsug_Ze_Wind"]

Tsug_Ze_Wind

So basically, "The same, except bettar!!"

Yep. Ripoff.

No, what do you do with your miis? NOTHING. They sit in a room and you look at them. And first off, this is a rip-off of 2nd life/sims, not miis.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#238 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

Who cares? It's still cool. It's certainly enhanced upon past innovations in a significant way.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
I enjoy reading the haters' comments. :lol:.  keep it coming. keep hating, if it makes you feel better.
Rubedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Rubedo
Member since 2003 • 420 Posts
[QUOTE="Tsug_Ze_Wind"]

coolguy1111

You can use your Miis in Wii Sports and Wii Play (I believe). The same can't be said for your Home character. So it really is a gimmick. Plus they're charging you for premium content, and are feeding you commercials.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Tsug_Ze_Wind"]

Rubedo

You can use your Miis in Wii Sports and Wii Play (I believe). The same can't be said for your Home character. So it really is a gimmick. Plus they're charging you for premium content, and are feeding you commercials.

So you can use your miis in two half games noone wil be playing once the wiis real games come out? The PSH is nothing like miis, the miis is just an avatar, the PSH is not only an avatar, its a world.
mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts
Also this looks like a lot like the SIMS. Which was a big seller.
Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
A great concept...if Sony could pull it off, then they are back in the online competition. Is this going to be a unified thing?
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Tsug_Ze_Wind
No, what do you do with your miis? NOTHING. They sit in a room and you look at them. And first off, this is a rip-off of 2nd life/sims, not miis. coolguy1111

So you think no ideas were taken from Miis?

This is the Sony last resort. "When all else fails, just copy everything our competitors are doing." Hell, not even the last resort, more like the first resort.

Sony would have no reason to rip off of the Sims.

Luck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Luck
Member since 2002 • 322 Posts

I think i'm the only one who dislikes this whole Home approach to an online community.

Graphically, it is hardly charming and appealing to me since it sports a very realistic look. Too realistic I would go so in saying. The Sims, despite having a similar style, at least had some charm to it whereas this has absolutely none. It's trying to pull off making a game lobby into a Sims-lite MMO, but unfortunately that will over complicate matters as far as menus go. It will be essential that it streams flawlessly from the HDD, otherwise I will have to wade through loading screens just to get to a pre-game lobby of all things. I just think Sony are trying to do too much by making it like a living room on your television. They have taken the simple but effective matchmaking approach, and added layer upon layer of un-necessary ideas and a frankly ugly design.

I also think that the way you access the features is all wrong. I mean, a trophy room? A cinema that you have to walk to? All I want to do is scroll down a menu and press play. When I look at it from the rival Xbox 360s point of view, I don't want to turn on my console and have to boot up Home, then walk to each movie and hit play. It will just side track me from what I really want to be watching or downloading. I think again this demonstrates how Sony have over-complicating proceedings to outweigh the rivals. What is really happening to us is that we are being blinded by their pretty lights and ambition. When we do manage to finally see however, it will make us yearn for simpler times.

Call me a hater or skeptic if you want, but that's just the way I feel on the whole Home system. I prefer the lists and simplicity of the Xbox Live blade system over this. I think the idea would have fared better with a charming Mii style cartoon look and Xbox Live simplicity to be honest...

-Spock-
I agree 100%, plus, you forgot to mention that this is not a game. What Sony needs to save the sytem and take my money is some good games, because as everyone knows (although the Sony Lovers wont admit it), is that there are no games out right now for the PS3. I played VF5 - its OK, I finished RFOM - its OK, I have MotorStorm - its OK, etc, etc....
HazeNPopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 HazeNPopes
Member since 2007 • 735 Posts
Lemming and Sheep damage control at its finest, why cant they accept the fact Sony got some cool things and move on?
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

[QUOTE="axt113"][QUOTE="A2D"] Have you people seen the trailer? This is way beyond a friends list. Sony are providing a virtual world here, if you want to chill out and talk to random people, you can do so. You can take them to your virtual room which I'm sure Sony will be letting you buy plasma tv's etc. to "impress" people. They even showed how you can play multiplayer pool, bowling (Wii sports inspiration?) and other random stuff.

This is far greater than I expected, the potential here is massive.
Bread_or_Decide

For $600 it better be massive, its the only thing worthwhile on the PS3

Even the haters can't hate on this! lol.

heh - well i own a ps3 and I'm hating on it. just another 'wait and see' plan from Sony, a half-assed attempt to make up for what the system didn't have at launch based on the competition. and you have to pay for furniture, and extra room in your house... i weep for the thousands that are going to get in to a 'keeping up with the jones's' mentality on PS Home, maxing out their cc to make the best virtual crib. kinda sad how detached and sedentery our culture is becoming -- yay for being cool in a virtual world!
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#248 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="Rubedo"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Tsug_Ze_Wind"]

coolguy1111

So you can use your miis in two half games noone wil be playing once the wiis real games come out? The PSH is nothing like miis, the miis is just an avatar, the PSH is not only an avatar, its a world.

Who are you to say Miis won't be used in future games?

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
Doesn't PS Home pose a threat to the Sims game. It looks like a sims game which is pretty cool. I must admit little big planet and this PS Home thing is awesome. If only the PS 3 was cheaper all this stuff that has nothing with games aside from little big planet doesn't make me want to plunk down $600 yet.
Rubedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Rubedo
Member since 2003 • 420 Posts
[QUOTE="Rubedo"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Tsug_Ze_Wind"]

coolguy1111

It's a world? Um, it's a matchmaking service for games.