Official PSHome Thread......Keep it all here.....All others will be locked.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="teh_ownerer"][QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***

Can you say... jealousy.

Tears are flowing profusely. It is a sad day for sheep indeed.

actually the sims is comming to Wii and Animal Crossing will be on Wii too.. so Im about to say... Nope..

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
its FREE.
if it was XBL, they would have probably increased the price.

maybe this will make them reduce the price of XBL or make it free.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
[QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***Omni-Slash
yeah no-on can argue this is going to be free.......bust out those credit cards kids....

It was probably created to negate the amount of money Sony loses for every PS3 bought.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
what does this have to do with gaming? :S *goes back to playing Xenogears.... again.*
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

... Why does Little Big Planet look like one of the best games on the PS3 graphically? I'm so CONFUSED!-Pale

I love the style. I wonder if its a single player game as well.

neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts
what does this have to do with gaming? :S *goes back to playing Xenogears.... again.*Kook18
It doesn't
mentzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mentzer
Member since 2007 • 1242 Posts

I don't know.

It looks too similiar to The Sims.

Dead_Menn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Dead_Menn
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts
10 bucks says sony will under deliver... like they always do, BUT ZOMG TEH HOME!!!1111!!!1111
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]Past: Nintendo Wifi

Present: Xbox Live

Future: PlayStation Home.
ILoveBeingDrunk
Just a shame the PS3's games are ****.

Don't be upset just because Little Big Planet looks better then 100% of all the Wii games.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

its FREE.

xxThyLordxx

PS Home looks like some sort of game. I bet you there will be a catch. If you think it will be 100% free then you are wrong.

I also don't have much respect for Sony when it comes to online functions. They will hype this as much as they can and probably delay it a few times then under deliver.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
Nope, i dont get it. I prefer an fast interface. So you actually have to walk your avatar around to access things like dl's, freinds lists etc? Why not just click on the option? if you want to chat, whats wrong with video chat? Seems like a lame attempt steal some thunder off Microsoft, while forgetting ease of use and functionality.Bazfrag
hehe. remember in Jurassic Park when they showed that OS where you had to move in 3d to get to files and directories? anyone that knew anything about computers thought it was the stupidest thing ever but for the shallow or computer illiterate they though it was cool. i even saw a mod that allowed you to do this on windows. it was slow and annoying.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Bread_or_Decide

what does this have to do with gaming? :S *goes back to playing Xenogears.... again.*Kook18

Nice try.

PS HOME FTW!

gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
Oh my god, this is easily the greatest thing I've seen in awhile. I won't regret getting my PS3 in May-June,
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Whereas XBL is an actual online service where games are the focus it seems like Sony is trying to make an online service where Social interactions are the focus. Bread_or_Decide

Thus far, this sums up my impression the best.

XBOX Live is very social. You can always talk to your friends no matter what game they are playing. The difference is that PS Home just made it more visual. Its really just the same thing plus PS Home lets you meet up with friends and play together online as well. So its game focused.

Then again I can argue that Xbox Live is selling alot of videos and tv shows and that stuff has nothing to do with gaming. But I wouldn't do that cause that would be stupid.

Yeah but you can't different games and talk to your friends at the same time, something Live does with Private Chat!
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 farnham

[QUOTE="ILoveBeingDrunk"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]Past: Nintendo Wifi

Bread_or_Decide

Don't be upset just because Little Big Planet looks better then 100% of all the Wii games.

i gotta admit that LBP is the only game on the PS3 that gets me at least a little bit excited..

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts

Bread_or_Decide

Look better maybe, plays better, probably not
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Is there no information on if it's unified or not (in name, friends list, recent players, etc.)? If it's not unified and those features aren't unified then it's essentially PS2 online with the bells and whistles of XBL but without the one thing that makes XBL what it is, a Unified service.

That would still make XBL better by a large margin if it doesn't have unified services.

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 axt113
Oh my god, this is easily the greatest thing I've seen in awhile. I won't regret getting my PS3 in May-June,gtx-1
Its not out until fall
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

I don't know.

It looks too similiar to The Sims.

mentzer

Really? I find it to be more closer with Second Life.

Anyways, is there an option where you can sell things to other people for money :o

-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 -Pale
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]its FREE.

Deihmos
PS Home looks like some sort of game. I bet you there will be a catch. If you think it will be 100% free then you are wrong.

It's not a game, you access it through XMB.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
I hope Sony succeeds with this...it's a cool idea...I just don't want to be nickel and dimed for clothing, accessories etc etc etc......and I want a game to actually play online to make this worthwhile....
Avatar image for ILoveBeingDrunk
ILoveBeingDrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ILoveBeingDrunk
Member since 2006 • 890 Posts

Bread_or_Decide

Yet it does not look as good as 360's games.
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#123 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]Past: Nintendo Wifi

ILoveBeingDrunk

It just launched, and there are AAA-AA games on there that were on 360. 2008 will be a good year for PS3.
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 axt113

Riviera_Phantom

It just launched, and there are AAA-AA games on there that were on 360. 2008 will be a good year for PS3.

By 2008 it'll be too late
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="teh_ownerer"][QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***

Can you say... jealousy.

actually the sims is comming to Wii and Animal Crossing will be on Wii too.. so Im about to say... Nope..

Wow, one decent franchise and one horrible franchise. Good thing Nintendo's plan is SOOO awesome. What's your friend code again? 1212231231212?
geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 geist117
Member since 2006 • 4419 Posts
Ok cows, while your doing interior design for PSHome I'll be playing games on XBL or the Wii.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

axt113

Seems like its more focused on playing together with your buddies. Gameplay is your typical 2D side scroller. But it looks like alot of fun.

Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Taiko88
Member since 2004 • 1854 Posts

So first Sony lies to you about Killzone 2 E3 Trailer. Now they are using ANOTHER gimmick to get people hooked to this Second Life meets Xbox Live Achievments? Please this is so sad, and now Cows are going to what...hype this as the next Halo 3 killer? *slow claps*

Alright cows, you go have your fun with your $1.00 virtual shoes and your $5 couch, and your $10 movie for 24hours and your $2 shirt, before you know this will cost more than XBL yearly, sad.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]its FREE.

Deihmos

I also don't have much respect for Sony when it comes to online functions. They will hype this as much as they can and probably delay it a few times then under deliver.

MICRO -TRANSACTIONS (Virtual Sneakers,Couches,Shoes,Shirts,Hats,Pants,Watches,etc)....$1.00 here $1.00 there....Trust me people will be spending more on this "Free Service" than Xbox live.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Cubs360
I have another thought, Without a unified friends list, How are you going to actually play with your friends. Are you actually going to have to go into My Home to get them to play, instead of going to the game and inviting them? If so thats bull, On Live you can do the latter, or send an easy Private Chat and be like, "Yo, you wanna play", its as easy as that! Thus leading to my previous posts that Live is much easier to interact and Play with your friends!
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I hope Sony succeeds with this...it's a cool idea...I just don't want to be nickel and dimed for clothing, accessories etc etc etc......and I want a game to actually play online to make this worthwhile....Omni-Slash
this could work well if most features really are free. if only the lobby is free then it won't attract much attention
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 axt113
[QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="teh_ownerer"][QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***

Can you say... jealousy.

Wow, one decent franchise and one horrible franchise. Good thing Nintendo's plan is SOOO awesome. What's your friend code again? 1212231231212?

:lol: you actually think that Sims or Animal crossing are not great franchises?
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 farnham
if you look at second life you will see that people spend about 1,5 million dollars per day on that game

its completely free but if you start it you want stuff that customizes your char..

about 5 million players are playing the game and 1,5 million dollars per day is more then Xbox live makes (they are making about 60 dollars a year for one subscription.. there are 6 million subscribers.. so 360 million per year.. while second life is making 324 X 1,5 million per year)

that PS home thing will probably get a similar amount of money ... so whoever says its free should get a reality check..

you dont want to be a beggar with nothing but your default shirt in the virtual society..
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="A2D"] *Snip* ILoveBeingDrunk
Yes in other words Habbo Hotel with small minigames and better graphics :|.

Haha, talk about being overly critical. It's pretty clear that this is something that will be evolving quickly.

Also, this isn't something that is replacing the XMB friends list etc., you can jump into this virtual world when you want to.

Phil is also talking about having the Home Cinema show user-uploaded content, almost like Youtube.

I fail to see how people can be unimpressed with a free service that has as much potential as this...
Chubnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Chubnasty
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
Microsoft was the first to use Micro-transactions. Sony will be the one that does the milking.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Cubs360
Ok cows, while your doing interior design for PSHome I'll be playing games on XBL or the Wii. geist117
Hilarious, good post!
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#137 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
I hope Sony succeeds with this...it's a cool idea...I just don't want to be nickel and dimed for clothing, accessories etc etc etc......and I want a game to actually play online to make this worthwhile....Omni-Slash
I'm not getting a PS3 until the end of the year, probably in time for homes launch but i'm not that stupid in spending money for that crap, you will get free accessories anyway...you'll probably have to pay for extra stuff but that's for customisation freaks. I'm excited about the visual community for your friends and specific games.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Bread_or_Decide

Ok cows, while your doing interior design for PSHome I'll be playing games on XBL or the Wii. geist117

Uh...you'll be able to play games online via PS Home. Whats your point?

"Well lemmings while you change your main menu skin on Live  I'll be playing my PS3 online."

Good lord man...THINK before you type.

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 axt113
[QUOTE="axt113"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Bread_or_Decide

Seems like its more focused on playing together with your buddies. Gameplay is your typical 2D side scroller. But it looks like alot of fun.

Wii has a ton of fun games already
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 farnham
[QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="teh_ownerer"][QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***

Can you say... jealousy.

more like one game that revolutionized PC gaming and one game that owns japan completely selling more then any PS2 game..

and both are very good
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
[QUOTE="axt113"][QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="teh_ownerer"][QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***

Can you say... jealousy.

Animal Crossing is HORRIBLE.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Is there no information on if it's unified or not (in name, friends list, recent players, etc.)? If it's not unified and those features aren't unified then it's essentially PS2 online with the bells and whistles of XBL but without the one thing that makes XBL what it is, a Unified service.

That would still make XBL better by a large margin if it doesn't have unified services.

Puckhog04

Still curious if there's a unified name, friends list, recent players, etc.

A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
Why are people saying it won't be free? Nobody is forcing you to buy the inevitable new cool clothes etc. they'll obviously make and charge you for. They'll have a standard set of stuff, with everything else having a cost to it, I don't see a problem unless you really care about how your avatar looks.
Secretidentity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Secretidentity
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts

Wow, Nintendo's Kiddy Mii's and XBox Live just got owned all in just one video.

PS Home is amazing.

Bread_or_Decide

More like just got ripped off and copied..

Amnesiacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Amnesiacx
Member since 2004 • 1329 Posts
[QUOTE="Amnesiacx"]lmao, look at all of the damage control from the xbots in this thread. It's safe to say that TLHBFO. The only thing that the industry gave them (Microsoft) credit for for trumping the PS2 and PS3 (Xbox Live) will be coming to an end soon.Riviera_Phantom
Trumping the PS2?

Fixed for you. Understand now?
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts
..this is one of the most amazing things I've seen in a while.
I have to congratulate Sony on a job well done...this blew my mind, and Sony haven't blown me away in a while now. Three thumbs up!
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 axt113
[QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="axt113"][QUOTE="D0wnfall1"][QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="teh_ownerer"][QUOTE="farnham"]cash cow total download your individual clothing download your individual furniture ALL ON THE PS STORE free my a***

Can you say... jealousy.

Animal Crossing is HORRIBLE.

:lol: Now I know you're a blind fanboy
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
I think Sony just won the war....
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts
[QUOTE="ILoveBeingDrunk"][QUOTE="A2D"] *Snip* A2D
Yes in other words Habbo Hotel with small minigames and better graphics :|.

Haha, talk about being overly critical. It's pretty clear that this is something that will be evolving quickly.

Also, this isn't something that is replacing the XMB friends list etc., you can jump into this virtual world when you want to.

Phil is also talking about having the Home Cinema show user-uploaded content, almost like Youtube.

I fail to see how people can be unimpressed with a free service that has as much potential as this...

Probably because it won't all be free.
Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Taiko88
Member since 2004 • 1854 Posts

[QUOTE="geist117"]Ok cows, while your doing interior design for PSHome I'll be playing games on XBL or the Wii. Bread_or_Decide

Uh...you'll be able to play games online via PS Home. Whats your point?

"Well lemmings while you change your main menu skin on Live  I'll be playing my PS3 online."

Good lord man...THINK before you type.

Yea, once you invite people into your house then you can start to play a multiplayer game....good job, you really thought about that one.