Official PSHome Thread......Keep it all here.....All others will be locked.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#651 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
PSHome is a very smart move by Sony.

It's 3D myspace on your PS3, and it's something that's going to going to attract non gamers, casuals, and hardcore gamers alike. I didn't expect PSHome to be like this and I must say I'm extremely impressed. This is going to attract many people.
fonzipwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#652 fonzipwns
Member since 2006 • 682 Posts
I can see PSHome appealing to nerds who like things like Second Life, but I don't know how casual gamers will take it. I would not use it if I had a PS3
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#653 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
I can see PSHome appealing to nerds who like things like Second Life, but I don't know how casual gamers will take it. I would not use it if I had a PS3fonzipwns
That's why it's optional.
ken_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#654 ken_gamer
Member since 2003 • 7522 Posts
Seriously, what is the problem with you haters?
Is the PS3 not allowed to have anythign good to show?
Why do you call potential enthusiasts "nerds who think they'll score with girls"?

I like how all you have to say is "it's just stupid" and denying this service could potentially make your precious XBLs and Miis look crap.

It's not like you can't turn it off and play some games either, why do people assume PSHome IS a game?

I have 4 words for you

hold your console tight, and go cry in a corner.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#655 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Can we please start suspending people for 7 days. I cannot see any new topics other then Home this... Big planet this... Sony won this...

All over a stupid little virtual world... They must be starving for something good on PS3 to make this big of a fuss over something so dumb.

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656 2largeadults

Can we please start suspending people for 7 days. I cannot see any new topics other then Home this... Big planet this... Sony won this...

All over a stupid little virtual world... They must be starving for something good on PS3 to make this big of a fuss over something so dumb.

Truth_Hurts_U
Read your username over and over again for me. :D
No_Im_Not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657 No_Im_Not
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
having just watched Sony's little spiel from GDC I have reached several conclusions.

PS3 Home is undoubtedly a good idea. It seems well implemented and looks likely to be a great success and a lot of fun. However. What I am worried about is that the focus on microtransactions will become too high, and PS3 Home will start to become too much like real life i.e HARD WORK. If I want a stunning virtual appartment, that means spending a great deal of money on virtual items that I don't really need, but would feel pressured into purchasing from the strength of the PS3 Home network.

Whilst it is easy to dismiss this as a gimmick and a copy of The Sims/Second Life, PS3 Home does strike me as a step forward, albeit one that is going to be filled with controversy over the coming months. It is all well and good to have an interesting and unique online service, but perhaps what Sony should have focused on is the criminal lack of GAMES available at the moment for their system, and THEN focused on bringing in a new online service for its customers. After all, what is the point in having the best online service unless you've got the software to back it up with?
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658 2largeadults
Who's to say they aren't focusing on both right now?
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Read your username over and over again for me. :D2largeadults

Read the TOS and Sticky over and over again.

Then read my name.

People like you are what cause havox and disorder.

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660 2largeadults

[QUOTE="2largeadults"]Read your username over and over again for me. :DTruth_Hurts_U

Read the TOS and Sticky over and over again.

Then read my name.

People like you are what cause havox and disorder.

It seems to me that you're the one causing a ruckus by coming to a board meant to discuss Sony's Home and then bashing it. I've had nothing but positive things to say thus far. By the way, havoc has a c in it.
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#662 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
I'm just curious, can you voice chat in Home or do you have to get a keyboard just to chat efficiently?
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

I'm just curious, can you voice chat in Home or do you have to get a keyboard just to chat efficiently?jdknight21

You can do both.

Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#664 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Can someone list the features that it is supposedly going to have over Xbox Live (if it's implemented correctly)? Other than price...no fanboy responses please. I can't watch the video on Gametrailers...at a public computer. :?Bread_or_Decide

Life like avatars. Virtual house to live in. Hang out with other users outside or in your own pad. Customize your public and private space.  Play arcade games. Its basically an MMO version of XBOX live.

Sounds like Animal Crossing. Which is good, I love that game so I should love this.

TONYSTARKS654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665 TONYSTARKS654
Member since 2003 • 3409 Posts
Wow I just looked at the movie, and Home looks pretty cool. This is something like Phantasy star but without all the horrible gameplay of Phantasy Star lol. I might have to actually get a PS3 in like 3 years now, when the price drops lol.  Sony just pulled an Ace from it's sleeve.  Does anyone know how many people you can invite/allow  to your crib?
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#667 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts
.luvbeers
ZOMG! You made the 666th post in this topic...we gunna die!
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
I'm just curious, can you voice chat in Home or do you have to get a keyboard just to chat efficiently?jdknight21
you can do both
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts

So, when does everyone think PSN Home will actually be available?  Someone on another thread suggested that since beta is set for April, that means that it will be available this Fall.  We'll see about that.  When was Oblivion's original release date for the PS3?  Wasn't "Calling All Cars" supposed to be available for download at PS3 launch?  How many other PS3 games have already been delayed multiple times?  PSN Home is nothing original.  Today, XBox Live is Superior to PSN in every way.  Maybe Sony will close the gap between PSN and XBox Live this year?  If Sony ever gets PSN up to the level of XBox Live, you know that MS will drop the annual fee.  Today, I love Xbox Live.  Today, PSN has very little to offer.  Way to freak out over something that is "To Be Announced".

joe_g_patton
Considering all that we saw has already been implemented and was demonstrated live, it's obviously something that has been in development for some time.

I'm waiting for an official announcement, but the 1.6 Firmware update that is said to be released just before the European launch will have a unified friends list, integrated messaging, background downloading etc. ; features that will bring it up to the level of XBox Live.

PS Home is something that has never been seen before on consoles and it something that will take social networking to the next level on consoles. You only need to look at the massive success of the Sims and Second Life to see that people will be interested in this, if done right it could be huge.
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
if done right it could be huge.A2D
thats the problem... look who's doing it.
strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#671 strahd01
Member since 2003 • 2440 Posts
One word about home and all its "free stuff" LLLLLAAAAAGGGGG!
Avatar image for MASTERCHIEFUSMA
MASTERCHIEFUSMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#672 MASTERCHIEFUSMA
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts
an achievement system is all fine and dandy but i think its a little too late to be implementing it now, Sony should be more focused on getting more games on their system instead of dumb stuff like this. But who knows it might be a hit but this isnt gonna bring Sony anywhere up in my book
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#673 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
This could be great, but way too much is unknown right now. I mean a lot of people are hyping this without having most the details (as they've yet to be revealed). Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This may or may not meet expectations depending on it's execution.
grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#675 grayfox_2k
Member since 2005 • 1901 Posts

Cows are setting them up for some real self-ownage when Home arrives. Lemmings will have the last laugh.

XGuNn3rX
although i REALLY want HOME to meet the expectations... i really fear what u said is just the inevitable
DeerhunterIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#676 DeerhunterIA
Member since 2006 • 684 Posts
I wonder how long until HOME gets hacked.  I can just imagine someone getting virtually robbed or kidnapped.  LOL. 
mattius1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#677 mattius1989
Member since 2003 • 1137 Posts
Habbo hotel 2.0 anybody?
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#679 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
Sounds like Animal Crossing. Which is good, I love that game so I should love this.

PelekotansDream

it's like animal crossing if you used real money instead of bells.

grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680 grayfox_2k
ok i made a topic of this and it got locked... i hate posting stuff in here, cuz this place need serious ventilation but whatever...

well what's "confirmed" is that the content is gonna be:

1- Free

2- Premium

3- UNLOCKED THROUGH PLAYING GAMES

i don't give a crap about the first two, free will suck, and premium well... sucks even more... but what's really interesting and IMO holds the highest potential is the third... so why don't focus on that instead of debating over whether it's gonna be a microtransaction hell or not.

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#681 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

Cows are setting themselves up for some real self-ownage when Home arrives. Lemmings will have the last laugh.

XGuNn3rX
Geez, the damage control is off the charts :lol: Some cows are probably overhyping this -- there are still lots of unanswered questions and Home may not be what was promised. But some lemmings are suffering from the same problem, only they're deriving the opposite conclusions. It's only a short demo, and they're assuming that it will have lag, or charge you for nickel and dime. It's certainly clear that Home has struck a tender cord among some.
grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#682 grayfox_2k
ok i made a topic of this and it got locked... i hate posting stuff in here, cuz this place need serious ventilation but whatever...

well what's "confirmed" is that the content is gonna be:

1- Free

2- Premium

3- UNLOCKED THROUGH PLAYING GAMES

i don't give a crap about the first two, free will suck, and premium well... sucks even more... but what's really interesting and IMO holds the highest potential is the third... so why don't focus on that instead of debating over whether it's gonna be a microtransaction hell or not.

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#683 2largeadults
[QUOTE="XGuNn3rX"]

Cows are setting themselves up for some real self-ownage when Home arrives. Lemmings will have the last laugh.

fuzzysquash
Geez, the damage control is off the charts :lol: Some cows are probably overhyping this -- there are still lots of unanswered questions and Home may not be what was promised. But some lemmings are suffering from the same problem, only they're deriving the opposite conclusions. It's only a short demo, and they're assuming that it will have lag, or charge you for nickel and dime. It's certainly clear that Home has struck a tender cord among some.

Agreed It probably won't be as great as it seems But much of the negative feedback stems from jealousy. Mindset: "If our console doesn't have this feature, I must bash it"
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#684 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="XGuNn3rX"]

2largeadults

Agreed It probably won't be as great as it seems But much of the negative feedback stems from jealousy. Mindset: "If our console doesn't have this feature, I must bash it"

I agree some people are going overboard at underplaying it, and most cows are going overboard on overplaying it. It's a very good idea, but there is A LOT that's unknown now, and frankly, this is an idea that can be executed in a great seemless way, or it can be cumbersome and therefore not very worthwhile. I mean it's a lot to undertake, and I think people are going overboard (on both sides) proclaiming utter victory or failure. It'll be interesting to so how this all shakes out.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#685 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

I think its just that Cows are excited about the potential of Home and the fact that their system is finally doing something different.  Yes, it borrows a bit from Sims, Miis, etc., but doesn't everything kind of take something from somewhere else?  I really doubt you'll walk into rooms and see a bunch of people just standing around dancing or things like that.  But, the thought of having a "meeting place" for your friends is cool.  The thing I hate the most about Live is not being able to have a 3 or more person conversation going on outside of a game channel.  You have to switch back and forth between two or more private chats if you want to try to coordinate a match with mutliple friends.

To me, it makes Live look kinda - basic.  Let's hope that this makes MS up the ante.

Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686 Thug_Pikachu
Member since 2006 • 4725 Posts
I must admit as a Lemming , that video was amazing, Seriously Nintendo's Mii's have just been killed . This whole idea seems genius . hopefully the d/L wont cost a ton And what game was that with the little creatures and the giant rock ? that looked awesome. THIS COULD BE THE FIRST THING SONY HAS DONE RIGHT
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#687 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts

I think its just that Cows are excited about the potential of Home and the fact that their system is finally doing something different.  Yes, it borrows a bit from Sims, Miis, etc., but doesn't everything kind of take something from somewhere else?  I really doubt you'll walk into rooms and see a bunch of people just standing around dancing or things like that.  But, the thought of having a "meeting place" for your friends is cool.  The thing I hate the most about Live is not being able to have a 3 or more person conversation going on outside of a game channel.  You have to switch back and forth between two or more private chats if you want to try to coordinate a match with mutliple friends.

To me, it makes Live look kinda - basic.  Let's hope that this makes MS up the ante.

REVENGEotSITH

The whole idea of Live is to be basic and efficient.  The tree branch structure (not innovative) works great and I can be at any download in just a few seconds.  Voice chat in and out of game is great and simple because of the unified friend list and can all be done in a # of seconds.  I don't believe MS even needs an answer to this because MS understands that the coveted male 18-34 demographic isn't really interested in what home has to offer, but rather have an easy, fast interface to access various media through their console.  I could tell you what adults are excited about this, but they're busy appearing on that Chris Hansen show.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#688 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
Home is a progression of Sony's greed. Be careful fans, Sony has either your credit card number or the card reader attachment accessory, now they give you HOME for free, but the microtransaction potential is huge. Be careful, fans Sony can be as thick as thieves.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#689 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
I must admit as a Lemming , that video was amazing, Seriously Nintendo's Mii's have just been killed . This whole idea seems genius . hopefully the d/L wont cost a ton And what game was that with the little creatures and the giant rock ? that looked awesome. THIS COULD BE THE FIRST THING SONY HAS DONE RIGHT Thug_Pikachu

this means a lot coming from you. because you are a hardcore lemming.
darkhak00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#691 darkhak00
Member since 2004 • 168 Posts
New video on Sony's Home feature. Its an interesting look, and a great laugh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8IRgwSYQv8
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#692 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts

[QUOTE="darkhak00"]New video on Sony's Home feature. Its an interesting look, and a great laugh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8IRgwSYQv8[/QUOTE]

LOL someone is a little butt hurt about home! 

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#693 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts
There has been such a dearth of good Sony news for the last year it just makes this LOOK better than it is.
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#694 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
Sheep have to admit that it makes the whole Mii avatar thing look weak.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#695 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
Home is a progression of Sony's greed. Be careful fans, Sony has either your credit card number or the card reader attachment accessory, now they give you HOME for free, but the microtransaction potential is huge. Be careful, fans Sony can be as thick as thieves.Danthegamingman
Newsflash Dan: everything that every company does within a capitalist system is a progression of their greed. Check Economics 101--Bentham's principle of utility maximization.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#696 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts

I wonder how many HOME avatars will wind up looking like 50 cent or a member of Hawthorne Heights.  Sony will be sure to include the faux-hawk hairstyle for all you Good Charlotte fans!

rat_pac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#697 rat_pac
Member since 2003 • 9297 Posts

I wonder how many HOME avatars will wind up looking like 50 cent or a member of Hawthorne Heights. Sony will be sure to include the faux-hawk hairstyle for all you Good Charlotte fans!

joe_g_patton

Or get a Devil May Cry costume if you beat DMC4 in Dante Must Die mode.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#698 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts
I think it is a great idea on paper. If home is implemented right it could add a great feature to the PS3 offering. After watching the keynote. The first question that comes to my mind is. What protocol will be implemented to offset the shady characters on the network? It is one thing to show the features in a controlled environment. (ex during the presentation). But, really how well will it work on a live network. We all have had experiences in tasteless and improper language and attitudes in an increasing amount on Live.

What is Sony going to do to keep this to a minimum? What are the developers going to do as it appers they will have contol over different "sections" that you interact with?

anyway my 2c

mgszelda1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#699 mgszelda1
Member since 2004 • 7286 Posts
This is a really good idea and will help devs as well as sony get more money to make more games b/c of advertising
StephenKing_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#700 StephenKing_1
Member since 2003 • 701 Posts

Ok, I watched the video on Home just like everyone else, and while the idea is cute, I'm not seeing the reason this has worked the cows into a frenzy.  Maybe i'm missing something, but here's what i got from it.

First off, in the demo Home is broken into a few disconnected rooms.  The first was some sort of lobby i guess where you can walk around via your virtual character and talk to other virtual characters.  If there was any other point to this room, I couldn't figure out what it was. 

Then there is the game room, filled with simple arcade games, pool tables, and a bowling alley.  I can't imagine anyone spending hours upon hours playing a poor bowling sim, but maybe that's me.  No doubt though, this room will be filled with Virtual characters talking to other virtual characters.

Now we move to the theatre room, where you can watch trailers for the latest Sony movies.  And naturally, you can use your virtual character to talk to other virtual characters.  Anyone seeing a theme here?

How many chat rooms do you need?  You can dress it up, spray advertising all over the walls, make your chatroom "3D," and it doesn't change the fact that it's still just a chatroom.  You can put a dress and makeup on a donkey but it won't make it less of a donkey.  You can put glitter on a pile of... well, you get the idea.

The apartment, for the most part, would suffice.  At least you could sort of design it and make it your own, invite friends to chat, display tropheys, etc.  The rest is just Advertising space.

Home is not a game, nor does it appear to be an online service.  It's a chat room with a top hat on.  

But maybe i'm missing something.