[NXGamer] First next-gen head to head (huge advantage for the Series X)

• 172 results
Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@the6millionlies said:

Ok I just re watched the video and people here seem to be twisting what the guy said

Both versions are identical

XSX has a small FPS advantage (unnoticeable ),but has tearing but isn't that bad as people make it up to be here.

He encountered an area where XSX drops to 1440p and stays high resolution on PS5 , but he said both versions drop to 1440p

He didn't like the over tessellation use on PS5 but well that's up to debate

PS5 loads faster by 2 seconds or 3.

One thing I didn't understand for sure why he kept calling it a demo.

tl;dr: Series X is the most powerful console on the market and mops the floor with the pathetic 9 TFLOPs overheating POS5.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

🤣 I think this describe well what happen on this thread.

Still i am waiting to see the 40%.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Juub1990

Probably why Phil Spencer changed his wording from "most powerful console" to "most CONSISTENTLY powerful console".

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 tormentos

@Juub1990 said:

Probably why Phil Spencer changed his wording from "most powerful console" to "most CONSISTENTLY powerful console".

He did? For real?🤣

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Juub1990
@tormentos said:

He did? For real?🤣

Yeah, a few months ago (maybe during the July event, not sure). Thought you knew. I thought it was odd the way he phrased it but most people didn't think too much of it. I had a hunch it was because the PS5 had turned out to be able to beat their SX but since I had no proof, I just sort of forgot about it. He 100% said that and I can find it if you want.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@tormentos said:

He did? For real?🤣

Yeah, a few months ago (maybe during the July event, not sure). Thought you knew. I thought it was odd the way he phrased it but most people didn't think too much of it. I had a hunch it was because the PS5 had turned out to be able to beat their SX but since I had no proof, I just sort of forgot about it. He 100% said that and I can find it if you want.

I would love to see that. I've only been able to find a reddit post about it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Juub1990 said:

He did? For real?🤣

They've actually gone back to calling it "The Fastest, Most Powerful Xbox Ever", instead of "The World's Most Powerful Console"

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

drivers and or tools are more mature on ps5 it had a directed evolution form ps4, MS change them completely to try and have a one tool does all for xboxes, pc and phone etc. i said this would happen weeks ago.

Things will change once xbox get there act together and give improved tools. When that will happen??

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Juub1990
@Zero_epyon said:

I would love to see that. I've only been able to find a reddit post about it.

It's detailed here, during the July 23rd event. "We've designed the most consistently powerful next-generation console." at 1:15:09

Loading Video...
Avatar image for the6millionlies
The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#110 The6millionLies
Member since 2020 • 564 Posts

@supergokublitz said:

drivers and or tools are more mature on ps5 it had a directed evolution form ps4, MS change them completely to try and have a one tool does all for xboxes, pc and phone etc. i said this would happen weeks ago.

Things will change once xbox get there act together and give improved tools. When that will happen??

Thats what Alex Battaglia and many developers are saying MS SDK is far behind and not mature enough , only time will tell

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Juub1990
@the6millionlies said:

Thats what Alex Battaglia and many developers are saying MS SDK is far behind and not mature enough , only time will tell

This is power of the cloud and DX12 will close the gap with PS4 all over again lol.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#112 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@the6millionlies said:

This is power of the cloud and DX12 will close the gap with PS4 all over again lol.

Memories of Misterxmedia Xbox One Directx12 secret sauce 🤣🤣🤣

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 The6millionLies

@Juub1990: Do you even know what SDK is ? Oh so Digital Foundry guys are only relevant if they favor the PS5?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Juub1990
@the6millionlies said:

@Juub1990: Do you even know what SDK is ? Oh so Digital Foundry guys are only relevant if they favor the PS5?

Never said DF wasn't relevant. I'm just mocking the excuses.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

@the6millionlies said:

This is the new go to excuse now? This console has a less mature SDK despite being Windows 10 based and the Series X console being completed back in 2019. 🤣

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Valhalla is hardly next gen. Nor will COD: Cold War. Cyberpunk 2077 could but there's so many version they have to optimize. Wait six months and see which is better as devs are only starting to understand how to better use these brand new pieces of hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@fedor said:

A fresh cow alt appears.

Yep and claims not to be a fanboy lol.

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 The6millionLies

@speedytimsi: You might be right , but COD Cold War added few next gen effects like ray tracing shadows , and looks much better than many cross gen games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By tormentos

@Juub1990 said:
@the6millionlies said:

Yep exactly the same shit they did on 2013, it changed nothing the xbox remained behind, this tools make things better but they will not increase power to a point were you get 30% improvement, hell maybe not even 5% gain.

@the6millionlies said:

I am sure he does, and MS isn't the only one who improve its tools.

https://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-one-developer-upcoming-sdk-improvements-will-allow-for-more-1080p-games/

And we have been here before in fact in 2014 we were, when new SDK were suppose to increase the power of the xbox one.

We also know it totally failed the gap remained the same all generation long.

@speedytimsi said:

Valhalla is hardly next gen. Nor will COD: Cold War. Cyberpunk 2077 could but there's so many version they have to optimize. Wait six months and see which is better as devs are only starting to understand how to better use these brand new pieces of hardware.

All those games are cross gen, it doesn't matter if it is cross gen or not, the 2080ti didn't beat AMD GPU on just new games it beat it in all games old and new.

So did the PS4 vs the xbox one on 2013 many games were cross gen didn't stop the PS4 from beating the xbox one.

Yeah that sound like lemming in 2013 waiting for DX12 to increase power.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/what-s-this-dx12-will-have-a-substantial-effect-on-31808560/?page=1

“The results are spectacular,” writes Wardell. “Not just in theory but in practice (full disclosure: I am involved with the Star Swarm demo which makes use of this kind of technology.) While each generation of video card struggles to gain substantial performance over the previous generation, here, the same hardware will suddenly see a doubling of performance.

XBox One is the biggest beneficiary; it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one.”

https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/xbox-deliver-performance-directx-12-update/

This was a DEVELOPER on the Game developer conference claiming DX12 would double the xbox one power.

It double nothing so excuse us if we take with an ocean full of salt what ever a so call developer say in favor of a MS console when it come to performance, this is the same people who would not even admit having a weaker console in 2013 and try desperately to use DX12 and cloud PR to kill the notion that the PS4 was stronger.

If in deed MS fu** up and their system is stronger but sony's one work more efficiently there is a change it will remain like so until the end of the generation, some games will run better on xbox, hell some even ran better on xbox one which was 40% weaker.

But this excuse about cross gen is just that a sad excuse.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:
@fedor said:

A fresh cow alt appears.

Yep and claims not to be a fanboy lol.

He appear here he same way YOU did and acting like you have years on the forum.

Is the reason i saw you as an alt is the way you posted from the beginning the same way you see him.

Now how do you feel about your 12 Terror flops falling behind?🤣

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By GamingIsBad
Member since 2020 • 92 Posts

I am not convinced of bad or undeveloped API argument. An unrefined API may cause development to take longer, but as AC:V has a marketing deal with Xbox, I'm sure more resources were directed towards the XSX version to get it as close to the PS5 version as possible. It's more than likely PS5's version was done quickly with minimal optimizations while XSX got all the optimizations thrown at it, so the performance gap may be even bigger than what's shown in the videos. The PS5 loading time, for example, is far longer than the loading times seen on Miles Morale and Demon Souls.

If anything, XSX has already shown us everything it can do while PS5 is the one with untapped potential. I predict the performance advantage to widen in PS5's favor as the generation goes on.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Consoles suck ass, film at 11.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 GamingIsBad

@zaryia said:

Non-sense. Consoles are just fine for most gamers at $400-500 starting price. Prices can also go down to $250 + 3-4 free games after 3 years during Black Friday or Holiday sales.

It's also not a budget issue, either. I'm pretty sure I'm worth more than most PC gamers.

P.S. I'm only 28.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Zaryia

@gamingisbad said:
@zaryia said:

Non-sense. Consoles are just fine for most gamers at $400-500 starting price. Prices can also go down to $250 + 3-4 free games after 3 years during Black Friday or Holiday sales.

It's also not a budget issue, either. I'm pretty sure I'm worth more than most PC gamers.

P.S. I'm only 28.

I mean you can be Bill Gates buying a Honda Civic for all I care.

That won't magically make the Honda Civic good when I'm driving a Ferrari, and I'll still say the Honda Civic sucks. Because it DOES suck compared to what I'm used to.

@gamingisbad said:

P.S. I'm only 28.

That's not much, to me at least. Grats' I guess?

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By GamingIsBad

@zaryia said:
@gamingisbad said:
@zaryia said:

P.S. I'm only 28.

That won't magically make the Honda Civic good when I'm driving a Ferrari, and I'll still say the Honda Civic sucks. Because it DOES suck compared to the Ferrari.

@gamingisbad said:

P.S. I'm only 28.

I'll probably be worth more than you when I get to your age. =)

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Zaryia

@gamingisbad said:
@zaryia said:
@gamingisbad said:
@zaryia said:

P.S. I'm only 28.

That won't magically make the Honda Civic good when I'm driving a Ferrari, and I'll still say the Honda Civic sucks. Because it DOES suck compared to the Ferrari.

@gamingisbad said:

P.S. I'm only 28.

You won't, and consoles still suck to me after playing a high end PC. All day every day. Your entire premise is stupid.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 GamingIsBad

@zaryia said:
@gamingisbad said:
@zaryia said:
@gamingisbad said:
@zaryia said:

P.S. I'm only 28.

@gamingisbad said:

P.S. I'm only 28.

You won't, and consoles still suck to me after playing a high end PC. All day every da. Your entire premise is stupid.

Lol, okay buddy. I have a $15 million inheritance coming up in a few years and a $400k annual income.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Zaryia
@gamingisbad said:

Lol, okay buddy. I have a $15 million inheritance coming up in a few years and a $400k annual income.

@zaryia said:

That won't magically make the Honda Civic good when I'm driving a Ferrari, and I'll still say the Honda Civic sucks. Because it DOES suck compared to what I'm used to.

Internet rich kid has to learn to read before trying to bait.

You're going to have to explain to me why I should think consoles don't suck and stop going off-topic.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 tormentos

@zaryia said:

Some one felt left out again.🤣

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 The6millionLies

Talk about being pathetic when you need to justify your money on the internet and gaming forum...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@gamingisbad: c'mon dude. We aren't chicks you're picking up at a bar. Good for you - but many of us have homes and mortgages and jobs too. I'm sure we are all here because somehow we managed to "swing it" for at least one shitty plastic game box

Assetswars up in here

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Zero_epyon

@Juub1990: lolz

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tormentos

And from what i read the problem lies on your TV not having VRR which the incredible majority of gamers don't have on their TV's.

So if you are getting a seriex X go buy a new TV to go alone with it, Ubi relaying on VRR for smooth frames is a joke, is a feature most people can't enjoy.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

So much denial in this thread. The XSX>>PS5 in performance, thats undeniable. The problem i have with MS is that they dared to sell two tier systems, the series S which is pretty much a different system. It was the most retarded thing they could do. Just sell one system, and take out the drive if you have to, to make it cheaper like Sony did.

3rd party makers might have some issues in the beginning as they try to scale the series S and the series X. But the tools will get better as time goes on.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 tormentos

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ac-valhalla-native-4k60-on-xsx-upscaled-4k60-on-ps-33510490/?page=1

Oh this thread here surely didn't age well your usual suspects are on it,celebrating the PS5 been behind supposedly.😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 tormentos

@briguyb13 said:

PS5 only does faux K, your console is shit. LOL

@bluestars said:

9.2 tinyflops

hah

@rzxv04 said:

As expected.

@sts106mat said:
@Sagemode87 said:

@ghost_of_phobos: They just won't rest until they see some sort of justification for their system. It's so pathetic.

weak response - weak sauce - weak console stay striggered chicken boy

@tdkmillsy said:

Fake 4k on PlayStation again, we need to see benchmarks before forming an overall opinion mind.

I think I'd still prefer fake 4k on Series X with better quality and affects.

Either way first big example of the power of Series X over PS5.

Where are the cows in this thread?

@hardwenzen said:

LOL i thought the power difference was too small to make any difference. And this is a last gen game 🤣 What will happen with proper next gen titles 🤣

Tormy will not be able to damage control this. This is looking real bad.

@tdkmillsy said:

Keep looking in the past, because it dont look good looking forward.

@kuu2 said:

Oh this generation will be glorious.

I thought there wouldn't be differences?

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: I bought a PS4 specifically to play BF4 as it was a huge game which I invested 1000s of hours in....so yes, performance matters, and the console with the better specs will perform better....and that's why I'm going with an xsx at launch, and then a ps5 later for the handful of exclusives available unless they appear on pc, which is likely.

@sealionact said:

@regnaston: That's what he said...."The PS5 and Xbox Series S will be similar in that both consoles are not powerful enough to produce a native 4k image "

@kuu2 said:

Look at Sony Fan melting down already.

I thought there wouldn’t be differences? I thought we saw differences out the gate with The One and PS4 and not this generation?

All this talk about more exclusives, better online, and better games is just that talk. Past performance in a gen is not indicative of future gains. What is absolutely known is that SeX is better than the PS5 at the same price and games will be better on it day one.

Cry moar Cows.

@lundy86_4 said:
@Sagemode87 said:

@bluestars: it's been 10 years since Skyrim. Doubt you've been paying attention but Bethesda games haven't been doing well, big reason they were up for sale. Rely on one game if you want. PS5 will have many. The only one fooling themselves are you and Lems like yourself. You wouldn't have a leg to stand on without the Bethesda acquisition (which Phil won't just confirm they'll all be exclusive to Xbox). Just have fun with your console and stop being so thirsty to one up everyone.

Did this thread backfire a bit?

Oh i love this one in particular because the UNBIASED poster lundy accused a cow of having a thread backfiring on him because he claim multipletform games would be the same..

Hey lundy your backfire claim backfire on you, @Sagemode87 vindicated.

Let the but but but beggin.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Zero_epyon

^^^Holy moly!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 tormentos

@Zero_epyon said:

^^^Holy moly!

🤣🤣🤣

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ac-valhalla-native-4k60-on-xsx-upscaled-4k60-on-ps-33510490/?page=1

And thats from this thread alone imagine if i start to post them since the PS5 was confirmed to be 10TF with variable frequency.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Zero_epyon

@tormentos said:
@Zero_epyon said:

^^^Holy moly!

🤣🤣🤣

And thats from this thread alone imagine if i start to post them since the PS5 was confirmed to be 10TF with variable frequency.

I do remember that thread lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 tormentos

@Zero_epyon said:

I do remember that thread lol

Yes..🤣

I can't believe they are expecting a DX12 miracle that will showcase the true power of the series X over the PS5, some people never learn.

This gen will be the closes.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

When you get a notification from Gamespot only to find out some disturbed fanboy had a meltdown.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

When you get a notification from Gamespot only to find out some disturbed fanboy had a meltdown.

lol yep

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 tormentos

@ghost_of_phobos said:

But but but 9.2TF...🤣🤣

Don't worry DX12 will save you...

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Don’t expect much of 3rd party most of their games will run equal or better depending on what console they focus 1st but not by much. I am waiting for 1st party games to show us what next gen are capable of

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 tormentos
@ronvalencia said:

In terms of GPU TFLOPS FP32 gap,

X1X vs PS4 Pro = 1.8 TFLOPS

XSX vs PS5 = 1.872

TFLOPS gap magnitude remains similar.

A tribute to this fallen soldier, who bravely claim the gap remained the same between the series X and PS5 compare to what it was vs the PS4 Pro and xbox one X without taking into account that the first one translate into 18% and the latter one translate into 45%.

I demand that ronvalencia is unbanned at least for 3 months so i can see its operation system crash daily on that spambot machine.

@i_own_u_4ever said:

I'm looking forward to PS5 also to play TLOU2 and GOW, but lets be honest not sure if the PS5 can keep up with the Series X. That OC 9.2 GPU and the under clocked boost mode CPU likely is going to struggle to hit 120FPS in games consistently unless developers make the game at 1080p.

I think PS5 will be more of a 60FPS dynamic 4K machine and maybe 120FPS 1080p machine

I think the Series X will be a 60FPS native 4k machine and a 120FPS 1440p to 4K machine.

This from I_p_daily's alt which banish as soon as IP started posting again.

@bluestars said:

Ps5 dynamic 4k 60,1080/120

XBSX native 4k/60,1800/120

@hrt_rulz01 said:

He's ignorant? Lol.

They didn't say 9.2 because 10.28 looks better. But the 10.28 figure is the peak performance, but it wouldn't be sustained at that (it's variable). In general, fewer cores that are overclocked (PS5) isn't as good as more cores that aren't (XSX)... mainly because of heat etc.

Have a read of this

But hey, whatever makes you feel better :)

@hardwenzen said:

If i do happen to accept the underpowered overclocked 9.2tflop system known as the ps5, and buy it, they better support 2k natively because as far as im aware, they don't even do that on the Pro.

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@nfamouslegend said:

@mclarenmaster18: the gap between PS5 and XSX is much smaller than the current generation. PS5 is theoretically 15% slower, while the PS4 was 35-40% faster than XOne. People are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think the difference will be very noticeable.

Not true because with RDNA 2 the more then 2 tflops of power on the GPU in the XSX because of RDNA it's actually more like 3-4 tflops more GPU power translating to more like a 30%-40% power difference in favor of the XSX

Damn man this is lolapalooza for me.🤣🤣🤣

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Yikes, bovine brigade mass suicide watch at defcon 2. ;o

Also very telling...

lol :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By tormentos

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos: what a meltdown.

my X series X is awesome bud,

how's your PS5? oh wait...

Yeah you also found Ryse awesome in 2013.🤣

Sorry but i refuse to spent $500 for a console that i can play most of its games elsewhere, is a waste of money, sure it has better games over the xbox series X as well as some better MULTIPLATFORM lol but sony should have deliver more exclusives, alto adaptive triggers response have me close to buying one because that is an experience i can't get else where.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#150 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@tormentos: this is overboard. You just created a half-page post with no purpose except to quote old posts from old bammed spammers.

That is spam.

STOP.