[NXGamer] First next-gen head to head (huge advantage for the Series X)

• 172 results
Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Those 12 TFLOPs showing their muscles. That 9.2 TFLOPs PS5 can't compete.

I lied. They're practically identical. Series X maintain a tiny bit of a higher fps at the expense of more tearing, but it drops to as low as 1440p. Lowest NXGamer has seen PS5 drop is 1620p. PS5 has a huge advantage in load times 12%!!! from the loading screen or 4% upon death! So much for those 12 TFLOPs and ZOMG Ultrafast SSD.

I kid, I kid. This is just one game that obviously isn't leveraging fully one console, the other, or both.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15869 Posts

Clickbait aside, other than poking fun at speed and whatever visual quirks, its still a crossgen title. Needs to wait for games like AC Unity which I dont think will come soon this time. The virus really impacted the world.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38131 Posts

I came in here to bash my own console. Now i am disappointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Juub1990: Why are people arguing load times when quick resume exists. I mean you can turn it off and come back to play later, turn your SeX on and hit the game icon and you're back to where you left off in a second, no need for loading.

The only load you need is the initial one or if you come back to the game months later.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

@i_p_daily: Load times don't only occur when you start a game

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I don't see the 40%.

👨‍🦯

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38131 Posts

@tormentos said:

I don't see the 40%.

👨‍🦯

Already forgot?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Still not a big difference, and not really worth noting, but cows win something i guess lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

@i_p_daily: Then don't ask obvious questions 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for the6millionlies
The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 The6millionLies
Member since 2020 • 564 Posts

And who are these guys ?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos

@hardwenzen said:
@tormentos said:

I don't see the 40%.

👨‍🦯

Already forgot?

No i just remember this.

@the6millionlies said:

And who are these guys ?

Thats the same thing i ask my self every time i see you post.

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The6millionLies

@tormentos: I just asked who were they , never heard of them ... Why are you agresive dude ? do you have a personal man - console love or something ?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

@the6millionlies: NXGamer is an independent YouTube channel that’s pretty much a one man Digital Foundry. He’s reliable.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zero_epyon

@the6millionlies: l haven’t watched it yet but the series X dipping to lower resolutions and tearing frames is really interesting. As someone mentioned above, this is a cross gen title so we’ll see but so far this is setting the tone for the rest of the gen right now.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tormentos

@the6millionlies said:

@tormentos: I just asked who were they , never heard of them ... Why are you agresive dude ? do you have a personal man - console love or something ?

Na don't take me as been aggressive this is my normal self.😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tormentos
@Zero_epyon said:

@the6millionlies: l haven’t watched it yet but the series X dipping to lower resolutions and tearing frames is really interesting. As someone mentioned above, this is a cross gen title so we’ll see but so far this is setting the tone for the rest of the gen right now.

The problem i see with the cross platform point is that the PS4 and xbox one also had those and the PS4 did came on top still.

And example that fit perfectly here Assassins creed black flag in 2013, was cross gen and still was superior on PS4 1080p vs 900p + AA which i think was missing from the xbox version.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos

@studyingfirst said:

Can't post image yet, but PS5 appears to have sharper image quality.

Thats apparently because the series X drop lower in resolution, surely will make for a interesting DF comparison.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Can’t wait to see the meltdown after DF give the crown to PS5 on this one. Look at the difference in detail here.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

the guy did say he saw the XSX drop to 1440 but also said that it is likely the lower limits for both consoles.

Also said that both consoles use tessellation he did say on occasion they "over tessellate" it with the PS5 doing it worse

said the XSX is better performance but that it is so marginal that it is not noticeable

PS5 has a loading advantage from the main menu by 12% (which is 1.56 seconds in the example he showed) and re-spawn by 5% ( 0.67 seconds in the example he showed)

So PS5 wins in some areas and XSX wins in others.. which I think will be the case with most 3rd party games

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phlop_Spencer

@regnaston said:

the guy did say he saw the XSX drop to 1440 but also said that it is likely the lower limits for both consoles.

Also said that both consoles use tessellation he did say on occasion they "over tessellate" it with the PS5 doing it worse

said the XSX is better performance but that it is so marginal that it is not noticeable

PS5 has a loading advantage from the main menu by 12% (which is 1.56 seconds in the example he showed) and re-spawn by 5% ( 0.67 seconds in the example he showed)

So PS5 wins in some areas and XSX wins in others.. which I think will be the case with most 3rd party games

LOL cope harder buddy. Look at the difference in detail. Also, PS5 is fully v synced which hampers frames. It’s funny watching you panic though

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 regnaston

@phlop_spencer: LOL O.K. PLOP .. who is panicking? You seem to be heavily invested and gain your identity from being for one and against the other.

I do not get my identity from a console.. I play on XBOX and I have built a community of friends on XBOX but I have no issues with people playing on whatever console or PC they want. I actually have owned PS consoles and enjoyed playing them too.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Phlop_Spencer

@regnaston said:

@phlop_spencer: LOL O.K. PLOP .. who is panicking? You seem to be heavily invested and gain your identity from being for one and against the other.

I do not get my identity from a console.. I play on XBOX and I have built a community of friends on XBOX but I have no issues with people playing on whatever console or PC they want. I actually have owned PS consoles and enjoyed playing them too.

You sure say a lot of words to pretend you don’t care. We really believe you buddy LOL. It’s not like you don’t create threads trying to spread PS5 FUD or anything...

COPE

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 regnaston

@phlop_spencer: lol you are a sad little boy there PLOP maybe you need to go and get a hug from your mommy.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zero_epyon

Just realized something. Wasn't this game supposed to be Native 4K on Series X and dynamic 4K on PS5? And it turns out is dynamic on both?

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phlop_Spencer

@Zero_epyon said:

Just realized something. Wasn't this game supposed to be Native 4K on Series X and dynamic 4K on PS5? And it turns out is dynamic on both?

Correct. It was shady marketing obviously paid for by MS. Also (though we don’t know the full scoop yet) so far, the xbone version hits 1440p lol.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Phlop_Spencer

Things are not looking too promising my green bros!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zero_epyon

@phlop_spencer said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Correct. It was shady marketing obviously paid for by MS. Also (though we don’t know the full scoop yet) so far, the xbone version hits 1440p lol.

The Xbox One X you mean?

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Phlop_Spencer

@Zero_epyon: the series x hits 1440p. It’s in the video. PS5 doesn’t go that low in his comparison

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero_epyon

@phlop_spencer said:

@Zero_epyon: the series x hits 1440p. It’s in the video. PS5 doesn’t go that low in his comparison

oh cause you said xbone lol

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

This is why I mostly stayed out of technical talk, because I wanted to see the consoles' real world performance. So far, Series X ain't exactly tearing away from the pack, and Series S continues to be barely next gen. Probably why they're in a studio buying spree, likely because they can't boast power anymore.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zero_epyon

@BenjaminBanklin said:

This is why I mostly stayed out of technical talk, because I wanted to see the consoles' real world performance. So far, Series X ain't exactly tearing away from the pack, and Series S continues to be barely next gen. Probably why they're in a studio buying spree, likely because they can't boast power anymore.

Sony right now:

But seriously, so far it's going as I expected it to. But it's only with cross gen titles which could go either way. We might not know for sure how things go until 2021.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zero_epyon

Side note: DF noted the screen tearing on the Series X

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Screen tearing and Xbox has always been a thing, weird.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Phlop_Spencer

@BenjaminBanklin: Microsoft simply just doesn’t have a clue when it comes to the gaming market. They make the most powerful console (one x), then rely on third parties to showcase it.

They design the series x with all these marketing buzzwords, and literary do not have one game that shows off the power. Not one.

They can’t manage big AAA budget games, nor do they even understand what gamers want. Look at the shit show that is halo infinite. Do you think Sony would ever allow their crown jewel from ND to look that fucking shitty on the world stage? That halo showing was disgraceful - and then the devs bitched about how much blood sweat and tears went into that “demo”. How the **** could they not pull their shit together for series x launch?

MS doesn’t understand how to make an excellent game. Something that when people play and complete, they just sit back and go wow that was an experience. I literally cannot think of a single one?

What we’re seeing now are studio acquisitions to make titles for gamepass. I really really really dont have faith that MS will produce a fuckin system seller for at least 2 years. I can’t even think of the one true Bloodborne for the Xbox. Or even their equivalent to uncharted (tomb raider was a joke in comparison)

MS is all about their spec sheets and parts list, but when you combine them together there’s no magical IPhone - it just becomes another shitty Android phone reliant on open source devs to produces apps that generate income and be shit quality compared to the iPhone version.

Edit: game pass is a great service for what it is. Doesn’t mean ms can make a banger game though.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

It'll be a while until we see what these consoles can do. I heard MS barely have the fully tooled development kits out.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with their new PS or Xbox consoles this gen. Looking forward to it. I hope everyone enjoys the launch. MS and Sony have really outdone themselves. Feels like all consoles are really well thought out from hardware to software.

I think this is the first time I've been excited about consoles since the 7th gen began.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#38 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@tormentos said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tormentos said:

I don't see the 40%.

👨‍🦯

Already forgot?

No i just remember this.

LOL, now damn that was a good comeback Tomatoes! XD

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

another serious x win

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11002 Posts

@bluestars said:

another serious x win

I would try watching the video

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tormentos

@regnaston said:

That because your eye can't tell the difference between 59FPS and 60FPS, if one image blur more you can see it.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It'll be a while until we see what these consoles can do. I heard MS barely have the fully tooled development kits out.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with their new PS or Xbox consoles this gen. Looking forward to it. I hope everyone enjoys the launch. MS and Sony have really outdone themselves. Feels like all consoles are really well thought out from hardware to software.

I think this is the first time I've been excited about consoles since the 7th gen began.

Stop man this is the xbox the thing use windows period you can use a PC and with little effort have it running on xbox, and is the reason MS has use PC's with Nvidias cards for ages to showcase games.

You look like Blackace did early this gen that use to hide on new sdk to claim the xbox would increase its graphics ,the xbox is say to be such an easy machine to make games for that 1 developer alone was making a game.

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-one-man-is-creating-a-next-generation-shooter-with-bright-memory-infinite/

I think people jumped the gun with what the performance delta would be between this 2 machines.

@bluestars said:

another serious x win

This is not looking good.

Just wait until Pedro wakes up and see this.🤣🤣🤣

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Interesting I want to say when games start to get more demanding higher bandwidth etc the SeX will start to show it stuff. I guess the rumors, theories about api not there yet might be true early days.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8461 Posts

Meh never liked NXGamer. He's too much a shill of Uncharted/Naughty Dog and that throws all credibility out of the window. He tried hard to DC the UC4 downgrade and false promises.

Probably in this instance he's just trying to win the lems with XSX by hyping it.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8461 Posts
@Chutebox said:

True but mostly on deaths/checkpoints the difference is even less due to much of the stuff already in memory. So, practically the longest load times are from the cold start.

All the talk about loading times but these SSD's are not there for that. They are their to save on memory cost by serving as secondary cache. Loading times are just a bonus.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tormentos

@ellos said:

Interesting I want to say when games start to get more demanding higher bandwidth etc the SeX will start to show it stuff. I guess the rumors, theories about api not there yet might be true early days.

I don't think that will change much, the series X has slower bandwidth as well on 1 side and it basically has split memory on that regard.

I love how this is playing now, i have been telling people here that the difference between this 2 machines would not be great based on 5700XT vs 5700 which is almost spot on with both machines, while the series X has higher bandwidth on one side it has less on the other and a dual memory set up for all intended purposes.

I don't think latter devkits will solve anything this is the same shit people claim with DX12 on 2013 and nothing changed, the xbox one improved a little because a GPU reservation was release from the OS.

I just don't see a big gap this gen.

@pc_rocks said:

Meh never liked NXGamer. He's too much a shill of Uncharted/Naughty Dog and that throws all credibility out of the window.

You never like anything that give an advantage to sony.

Is you the problem.

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The6millionLies

Ok I just re watched the video and people here seem to be twisting what the guy said

Both versions are identical

XSX has a small FPS advantage (unnoticeable ),but has tearing but isn't that bad as people make it up to be here.

He encountered an area where XSX drops to 1440p and stays high resolution on PS5 , but he said both versions drop to 1440p

He didn't like the over tessellation use on PS5 but well that's up to debate

PS5 loads faster by 2 seconds or 3.

One thing I didn't understand for sure why he kept calling it a demo.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15869 Posts

@tormentos said:
@regnaston said:

That because your eye can't tell the difference between 59FPS and 60FPS, if one image blur more you can see it.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Stop man this is the xbox the thing use windows period you can use a PC and with little effort have it running on xbox, and is the reason MS has use PC's with Nvidias cards for ages to showcase games.

You look like Blackace did early this gen that use to hide on new sdk to claim the xbox would increase its graphics ,the xbox is say to be such an easy machine to make games for that 1 developer alone was making a game.

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-one-man-is-creating-a-next-generation-shooter-with-bright-memory-infinite/

I think people jumped the gun with what the performance delta would be between this 2 machines.

@bluestars said:

another serious x win

This is not looking good.

Just wait until Pedro wakes up and see this.🤣🤣🤣

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tormentos

@the6millionlies said:

Ok I just re watched the video and people here seem to be twisting what the guy said

Both versions are identical

XSX has a small FPS advantage (unnoticeable ),but has tearing but isn't that bad as people make it up to be here.

He encountered an area where XSX drops to 1440p and stays high resolution on PS5 , but he said both versions drop to 1440p

He didn't like the over tessellation use on PS5 but well that's up to debate

PS5 loads faster by 2 seconds or 3.

One thing I didn't understand for sure why he kept calling it a demo.

Loading Video...

Yeah i don't think that was his intention, i think he claimed that to not appear PS biased.

This is one done by VG tech and does show the xbox series X falling behind the PS5 in frames, both machines dip below 60, is most of the time 60, but there are areas were you enter and a bunch of people will cause frames drops on xbox while on PS5 it remain locked.

Worse the xbox series S version is 30FPS this is lol worthy considering MS advertised the thing as having performance parity with the series X but on lower resolution, here we clearly see that the hit on series S is not CPU WISE AT ALL but GPU wise, it simple can't render 60FPS even if the CPU can do it.

Edit.

What video did you watch? He clearly say he BELIEVES 1440p will be the lowest on both, but the actual lowest he could spot on PS5 was 1620p.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tormentos

@sakaixx said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 We have a winner.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

The scaling on Series S is weird. They should not be afraid to drop the res to 1080p or even lower for a 60fps mode. Its not like the higher consoles are native 4k. Series S does not have to be 1440p. Hopefully some standards will start to develop as the gen goes on. MS scaling of Series S is a bit off from there its just the resolution adverts.