[NXGamer] First next-gen head to head (huge advantage for the Series X)

• 172 results
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ellos said:

The scaling on Series S is weird. They should not be afraid to drop the res to 1080p or even lower for a 60fps mode. Its not like the higher consoles are native 4k. Series S does not have to be 1440p. Hopefully some standards will start to develop as the gen goes on. MS scaling of Series S is a bit off from there its just the resolution adverts.

I guess the sacrifice was dynamic with drops bellow 900p or 30FPS and keep a higher resolution, never the less neither options is good for MS PR for the series S.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11098 Posts

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tormentos

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Can you imagine a generation where the gap is so close that the PS5 could actually lead in many games.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Man the avalanche of people creating new alts to hide in will be astronomical.😂

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#54 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By tormentos

To spice this even more the thread has more than 1,000 views already...

Lemmings now.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@the6millionlies said:

And who are these guys ?

Why does that matter? All that matters is they gave a really good head-to-Head comparison.

Seriously, people need to hop off Digital foundry's D*ick - There are other tech analysis out there...

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

The VG video shows drops on both consoles.. at some points the XSX drops more frames than the PS5 and at other points the PS5 drops more than the XSX (both hit the low 50's at times). Does anyone know if they have different modes for this game (i.e. FPS priority over resolution and vice versa?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By tormentos

@regnaston said:

The VG video shows drops on both consoles.. at some points the XSX drops more frames than the PS5 and at other points the PS5 drops more than the XSX (both hit the low 50's at times). Does anyone know if they have different modes for this game (i.e. FPS priority over resolution and vice versa?

Frame wise they basically identical but the PS5 is more stable.

Lol that in bold tell me you are looking for a win..🤣🤣🤣

Drops lower resolution wise on xbox and the PS5 also has more stable frames..

WTF is happening here, where are the 12 TerrorFlops.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

On serious note AC Valhalla is Xbox Series Headliner Marketing game. Kinds of weird, the game should be the main focus by Ubisoft due to the marketing behind it yet somehow PS5 edition came out stronger. I doubt the dev kit is late, Xbox and Ubisoft should be talking a while regarding this but regardless, its a crossgen titles anyway.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BenjaminBanklin

@tormentos said:

To spice this even more the thread has more than 1,000 views already...

LMAO! Lems have gone into lurk mode. The chickens have come home to roost!

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Wow so DF confirms PS5 > xsx for this game. Hahahahahahhahah wow.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GamingIsBad
Member since 2020 • 92 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

Wow so DF confirms PS5 > xsx for this game. Hahahahahahhahah wow.

LOL

I'm not a fanboy of any gaming company, but I find this whole situation hilarious. Xbox Series X is looking more like a PS3. It may push a higher theoretical computing power, but what good is that if the design is so bad that it hampers performance. I was thinking about getting the XSX, but it looks like I will end up getting the PS5 this gen. Better multiplats, better exclusives and dualsense makes PS5 a no-brainer this gen.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It'll be a while until we see what these consoles can do. I heard MS barely have the fully tooled development kits out.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with their new PS or Xbox consoles this gen. Looking forward to it. I hope everyone enjoys the launch. MS and Sony have really outdone themselves. Feels like all consoles are really well thought out from hardware to software.

I think this is the first time I've been excited about consoles since the 7th gen began.

Stop man this is the xbox the thing use windows period you can use a PC and with little effort have it running on xbox, and is the reason MS has use PC's with Nvidias cards for ages to showcase games.

You look like Blackace did early this gen that use to hide on new sdk to claim the xbox would increase its graphics ,the xbox is say to be such an easy machine to make games for that 1 developer alone was making a game.

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-one-man-is-creating-a-next-generation-shooter-with-bright-memory-infinite/

I think people jumped the gun with what the performance delta would be between this 2 machines.

Loading Video...

"I've heard behind the scenes, that there is really only one game at this moment that uses the new Xbox development kit to even make their port for Series S and X, there's only one game at this moment that even really has the tools that they're meant to have, really this launch is put together by a bunch of developers working a ton of over time and these guys are doing everything they can to keep these games rolling out, and on time with these new systems. I don't expect to see a bunch of optimised titles on either side. I expect to see games that look great and are vastly improved in certain ways, but really when it comes to inking out the power, you're getting games they could manage and you know what, even playing games like Valhalla right now, trust me, it is a transformative experience on console, it's great, but that said, there is much more left in the hardware down the line."

Xbox consoles have always used Windows, so how come most early PS4 and Xbox One games looked like upscaled 7th gen games?

How come early PS4 games didn't look like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn? That wasn't a difficult console to develop for either.

How come Perfect Dark on the N64 beat the shit out of Goldeneye graphically? Why are we pretending games suddenly come out on consoles maxing them out?

I heard Insomniac said Miles Morales barely scratches the surface of what the PS5 can do from a PS fan on SWs. Is that a lie too?

Now tell me where I discussed the "performance delta" between the PS5 and the Xbox Series X?

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GamingIsBad

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tormentos said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

It'll be a while until we see what these consoles can do. I heard MS barely have the fully tooled development kits out.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with their new PS or Xbox consoles this gen. Looking forward to it. I hope everyone enjoys the launch. MS and Sony have really outdone themselves. Feels like all consoles are really well thought out from hardware to software.

I think this is the first time I've been excited about consoles since the 7th gen began.

Stop man this is the xbox the thing use windows period you can use a PC and with little effort have it running on xbox, and is the reason MS has use PC's with Nvidias cards for ages to showcase games.

You look like Blackace did early this gen that use to hide on new sdk to claim the xbox would increase its graphics ,the xbox is say to be such an easy machine to make games for that 1 developer alone was making a game.

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-one-man-is-creating-a-next-generation-shooter-with-bright-memory-infinite/

I think people jumped the gun with what the performance delta would be between this 2 machines.

Loading Video...

"I've heard behind the scenes, that there is really only one game at this moment that uses the new Xbox development kit to even make their port for Series S and X, there's only one game at this moment that even really has the tools that they're meant to have, really this launch is put together by a bunch of developers working a ton of over time and these guys are doing everything they can to keep these games rolling out, and on time with these new systems. I don't expect to see a bunch of optimised titles on either side. I expect to see games that look great and are vastly improved in certain ways, but really when it comes to inking out the power, you're getting games they could manage and you know what, even playing games like Valhalla right now, trust me, it is a transformative experience on console, it's great, but that said, there is much more left in the hardware down the line."

Xbox consoles have always used Windows, so how come most early PS4 and Xbox One games looked like upscaled 7th gen games?

How come early PS4 games didn't look like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn? That wasn't a difficult console to develop for either.

How come Perfect Dark on the N64 beat the shit out of Goldeneye graphically? Why are we pretending games suddenly come out on consoles maxing them out?

I heard Insomniac said Miles Morales barely scratches the surface of what the PS5 can do from a PS fan on SWs. Is that a lie too?

Now tell me where I discussed the "performance delta" between consoles.

Let it go, man. You can cling onto the "optimization" argument, but I think it'll only cause long-term stress. It's more than likely at this point that PS5 is punching far above its weight through better designs and will continue to outperform the XSX going forward. This seems to be a repeat of the PS3 vs 360 generation in terms of multiplats, except SONY is in 360's position while Microsoft is in PS3's position.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@tormentos said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Loading Video...

Now tell me where I discussed the "performance delta" between consoles.

Let it go, man. You can cling onto the "optimization" argument, but I think it'll only cause long-term stress. It's more than likely at this point that PS5 is punching far above its weight through better designs and will continue to outperform the XSX going forward. This seems to be a repeat of the PS3 vs 360 generation in terms of multiplats, except SONY is in 360's position while Microsoft is in PS3's position.

You guys are projecting your insecurities. Please quote me, where did I say "The Series X will use optimizations to improve over the PS5"?

I never once discussed your pissing contest with Xbox.

Before you guys get sensitive, I meant to imply that BOTH the PS5 and the Xbox Series have some way to go before we see their best. But I don't have much information regarding behind the scenes activity with Playstation, so I only mentioned Xbox development kits and tools. By the way, some tools and techniques might not come instantly, I'm pretty sure I heard Naughty Dog came up with some of them themselves for the PS4 and shared with the PS4 development community.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GamingIsBad

@HalcyonScarlet said:

You guys are projecting your insecurities. Please quote me, where did I say "The Series X will use optimizations to improve over the PS5"?

Tell me?

We've been hearing for the past 10 months that XSX will crush PS5 performance-wise. I thought PS5 having a very slight disadvantage in performance would be a win. What happened was that the PS5 is actually outperforming XSX quite noticeably. This is a huge win for the SONY fans no matter which way you spin it.

Also, AC:V is a pretty well-optimized game already. You can clearly see what both machines are made out of in this game.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Tell me?

We've been hearing for the past 10 months that XSX will crush PS5 performance-wise. I thought PS5 having a very slight disadvantage in performance would be a win. What happened was that the PS5 is actually outperforming XSX quite noticeably. This is a huge win for the SONY fans no matter which way you spin it.

Also, AC:V is a pretty well-optimized game already. You can clearly see what both machines are made out of in this game.

Spin it? I NEVER even discussed it.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GamingIsBad

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Tell me?

There were quite a few people on this board who were touting XSX's graphical superiority much like how PS fans were extolling the power of the Cell back in 2005. I heard nonsense like 20-44% performance delta, etc. etc. non-stop for the past year.

Instead, we have the PS5 outperforming XSX, most notably in the following metrics:

- Higher framerates

- Far less screen tearing

- Higher resolution

- Better textures

- Faster loading

Put your fanboyism aside. Even you have to admit this whole situation is hilarious.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 HalcyonScarlet

@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Tell me?

There were quite a few people on this board who were touting XSX's graphical superiority much like how PS fans were extolling the power of the Cell back in 2005. I heard nonsense like 20-44% performance delta, etc. etc. non-stop for the past year.

Instead, we have the PS5 outperforming XSX, most notably in the following metrics:

- Higher framerates

- Higher resolution

- Better textures

- Faster loading

Put your fanboyism aside. Even you have to admit this whole situation is hilarious.

Dude, what is the matter with you?

Where did I talk about the difference between the PS5 and the Series X?

I don't care what you've been hearing about for the last 10 months. That wasn't me and I don't represent those people.

You are insecure as it gets dude.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By GamingIsBad

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:

- Higher framerates

- Higher resolution

- Better textures

- Faster loading

I don't care what you've been hearing about for the last 10 months. That wasn't me and I don't represent those people.

How am I insecure? I am not a fanboy. I'm just stating how hilarious the whole situation is. I'm also relieved that I only have to buy 1 console this gen, as it looks like PS5 will have better multiplats, better exclusives and a far better controller.

Also, LOL at the picture below. If any console has the 20% performance advantage, it's the PS5.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50559 Posts

Man, all you cows gonna go into hiding when new games come out better on Series X. Either that or make stupid excuses.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GamingIsBad

@Chutebox said:

Man, all you cows gonna go into hiding when new games come out better on Series X. Either that or make stupid excuses.

This is unlikely to happen. Many insider devs have stated that something is bottlenecking the XSX. People thought they were full of it, but it looks like they were right.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 HalcyonScarlet

@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:

- Higher framerates

- Higher resolution

- Better textures

- Faster loading

How am I insecure? I am not a fanboy.

So why are you projecting your pissing contest with Xbox to me if you're not insecure?

Fine, good, the PS5 is better. I don't care. I never claimed otherwise.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GamingIsBad

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

- Higher framerates

- Higher resolution

- Better textures

- Faster loading

How am I insecure? I am not a fanboy.

So why are you projecting your pissing contest with Xbox to me if you're not insecure?

I had no qualms if the XSX performed better than the PS5. I was fully expecting that and prepared to buy 2 consoles this gen.

What I didn't expect was the PS5 outperforming the XSX due to better architectural design. I saved $500 thanks to Cerny.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HalcyonScarlet

@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

I had no qualms if the XSX performed better than the PS5. I was fully expecting that and prepared to buy 2 consoles this gen.

What I didn't expect was the PS5 outperforming the XSX due to better architectural design. I saved $500 thanks to Cerny.

Okay, great, I genuinely hope you enjoy your PS5. But you called me out as a fanboy like I said the Series X was better.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@Chutebox said:

That can still be the case as the gen progresses. But the gap will be much smaller than it was last gen.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GamingIsBad

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Okay, great, I genuinely hope you enjoy your PS5. But you called me out as a fanboy like I said the Series X was better.

Ok, my apologies. I'm just laughing so much.

Anyway, there were definitely a few members here who were trashing the PS5 in the months leading up to the release. Where are these people now?

Here's a comment from B3D:

There are some things about XSX that are not yet out there. I can’t comment as it’s not mine to say. But I will say if you want to know what’s happening that you need to look at more than just XSX vs PS5. In particular if you compare its performance vs other GPUs around it’s class from a front end perspective you’ll see a trend. Ie compare it’s performance against X1X and 6800 for instance. The FH4 DF video should be telling for instance.

I would say that XSX is having its ampere moment a touch here; perhaps some compromises were made to the front end to create more space for ALU while limiting silicon costs. And games currently designed heavily around a traditional rendering pipeline may / will likely not perform as well as its marketed number.

This wouldn’t be a problem I think necessarily except tying Series S which had little compute pretty much locked them into a more traditional

pipeline. a lot of re-optimization may be required for SeriesX beyond the norm.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2174569/

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

A fresh cow alt appears.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos@gamingisbad

Let me be clear. Just because I think BOTH the PS5 and the Xbox Series consoles have more to give than they are now, it does not mean I am interested in the pissing contest of which one is better.

I am basing my opinion on the fact that pretty much EVERY console generation before this has had much improved games come out two to three years down the line.

Dudes, I have a Series S, I'm not that interested in which one is better than the other. I do however believe all consoles (PS5, Series S/X) will show improvements down the line.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GamingIsBad

@fedor said:

A fresh cow alt appears.

Not a cow. Just someone who likes to be surprised. This is definitely one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed.

PS5 stays at 60 FPS 97.5% of the time while XSX stays at 60 FPS 87.2% of the time.

This dev leak appears to be accurate:

It is easy. It is useless to have 12 boxes if they do not fit through the door all together.

You have 12 boxes to fill. So you can't pass all the boxes at once. You must decide which boxes will pass and which will not. That is handled by a coordinator. And the coordinator tells the delivery man which boxes to take.

Mrs. XSX wants to make the move as soon as possible, but it turns out that only 8 boxes can fit on the door at a time. The coordinator is fast, and also uses a box compressor so that 10 boxes can go through instead of 8, but there are several drawbacks. The compressor can only compress the red boxes, and the coordinator also has to coordinate many other things, street traffic, people passing through the door, the space in the room where the boxes are stored, the noise of neighbors who distract the delivery man, search and select what the boxes are filled with, etc. Also, the delivery man is not so fast and is very distracted filling and transporting boxes. So it passes the 10 boxes (not 12) at a certain speed "1x". The lady demands that the boxes arrive, but they do not arrive as quickly as the lady would like, since although she has many boxes, the system is not capable of managing all of them properly.

On the other hand we have Mrs. PS5. You only have 10 boxes to fill. But its door is twice as big, enough for all its boxes to enter at once and there is room for people to also enter and exit through the door. Furthermore, the coordinator has the ability to automatically discard unnecessary boxes, so he doesn't waste time checking boxes that are not going to be used. In addition, anyone in the environment can do the job of the coordinator or the delivery man (even at the same time). The compressor is not that new, but it can compress all boxes, whether they are red or blue. All. And the delivery man is more than twice as fast and manages to pass the boxes at the speed of "2.5x" in the worst case, and "5x" on many occasions. In addition, if someone is left free or without work, they can help to distribute boxes with the delivery man or coordinate work with the coordinator. All this makes this removal company the most efficient ever seen and that the number of boxes available is irrelevant. For that moving system, 12 boxes are not needed, with 10 you can do the same job (and more or better in some cases). Having more boxes would only make the price of the move more expensive without needing any of it.

Of course, having more boxes available always helps to advertise yourself as a top removal company compared to the competition, even if your removal company is normal and ordinary. But it is only that, a smokescreen.

That does not mean that XSX is bad, far from it, it is an extraordinary machine. But PS5 has an efficiency NEVER seen before.

It is true that on PC there are more powerful cards or more powerful systems, but you know that these cards are never used properly, they draw raw power, but they are never used. It is the scourge of PC, an ecosystem that is too varied and unusable. In addition to exorbitant prices.

And I've always been a PCLover, but things as they are, what I've seen on PS5 I only remember something similar when 3DFX and its Glide came out. Its astonishing speed leaves you speechless.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Fedor

@gamingisbad: I too like to be surprised, so if you can give me some fresh cow content I'll be more than happy. Welcome back, my bovine friend.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 HalcyonScarlet

@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@gamingisbad said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Ok, my apologies. I'm just laughing so much.

Anyway, there were definitely a few members here who were trashing the PS5 in the months leading up to the release. Where are these people now?

Here's a comment from B3D:

There are some things about XSX that are not yet out there. I can’t comment as it’s not mine to say. But I will say if you want to know what’s happening that you need to look at more than just XSX vs PS5. In particular if you compare its performance vs other GPUs around it’s class from a front end perspective you’ll see a trend. Ie compare it’s performance against X1X and 6800 for instance. The FH4 DF video should be telling for instance.

I would say that XSX is having its ampere moment a touch here; perhaps some compromises were made to the front end to create more space for ALU while limiting silicon costs. And games currently designed heavily around a traditional rendering pipeline may / will likely not perform as well as its marketed number.

This wouldn’t be a problem I think necessarily except tying Series S which had little compute pretty much locked them into a more traditional

pipeline. a lot of re-optimization may be required for SeriesX beyond the norm.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2174569/

Hopefully it's nothing major. As I said, I don't think anyone will be disappointed this gen.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GamingIsBad

@fedor said:

@gamingisbad: I too like to be surprised, so if you can give me some fresh cow content I'll be more than happy. Welcome back, my bovine friend.

How is this not surprising to you? XSX was supposed to have a 20-44% performance advantage according to many Xbox fans here.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Fedor

@gamingisbad: Oh I don't really care about that. I do care about the lack of quality cow content now that Gifford seems to have disappeared off the planet. Hopefully you can pick up his ball and run with it. Good luck to you.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GamingIsBad

@fedor said:

@gamingisbad: Oh I don't really care about that. I do care about the lack of quality cow content now that Gifford seems to have disappeared off the planet. Hopefully you can pick up his ball and run with it. Good luck to you.

Not sure why you keep calling me a cow. I am not a fanboy. I just find this whole situation funny and oddly reminiscent of the PS3 CELL fiasco.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Fedor

@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:

Not sure why you keep calling me a cow. I am not a fanboy. I just find this whole situation funny and oddly reminiscent of the PS3 CELL fiasco.

Sure bud. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Phlop_Spencer

@gamingisbad: don’t bother he will just talk in circles and high five piedro with snappy one liners. I suspect everytime he submits a post he leans back in his chair with the most smug look on his face lol.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Fedor

@phlop_spencer: You learn how to read yet?

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Phlop_Spencer

@fedor: your balls drop yet?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Fedor

@phlop_spencer said:

@fedor: your balls drop yet?

There you go asking about my genitals again, that's a weird pattern with you. Want a pic or something?

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GamingIsBad

@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:

I've routinely bashed SONY about the PS3. Stop being a fanboy and look into things objectively. SONY did a better job designing their console than Microsoft did with theirs. That is the truth. Cow or not, PS5 is performing better than XSX when many people thought XSX would outperform by 20-44%.

You can keep calling me a cow. At the end of the day, I'll be playing the superior version.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Fedor

@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:

I've routinely bashed SONY about the PS3. Stop being a fanboy and look into things objectively. SONY did a better job designing their console than Microsoft did with theirs. That is the truth. Cow or not, PS5 is performing better than XSX when many people thought XSX would outperform by 20-44%.

You can keep calling me a cow. At the end of the day, I'll be playing the superior version.

Are you playing on a 3080?

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Phlop_Spencer

@fedor: it’s an expression meaning have you grown into a man yet? So the answer is no. No you have not

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Fedor

@phlop_spencer said:

@fedor: it’s an expression meaning have you grown into a man yet? So the answer is no. No you have not

No, you just like penis.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GamingIsBad

@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:

Superior $500 console version that looks almost as good as your $2000 GPU.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Fedor

@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:

Mine was 749.99, tyvm. But hey, enjoy your budget experience.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 GamingIsBad

@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:

As long as it's superior to XSX, I'm happy.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Fedor
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:
@fedor said:
@gamingisbad said:

As long as it's superior to XSX, I'm happy.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 GamingIsBad

People on resetera are coming to terms with reality.

These two games aren’t enough to establish a trend but assuming this is a trend then I think it actually calls into question the XSX design IMO.

Not sure what you mean by “narrow is faster” since the PS5 gpu is narrower and faster, but if this keeps up we might have to consider some sort of architectural efficiency advantage for the PS5. XSX having higher peak performance may not matter if it’s bottlenecked to a degree where PS5 has higher average throughput.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 BenjaminBanklin

@gamingisbad said:

People on resetera are coming to terms with reality.

These two games aren’t enough to establish a trend but assuming this is a trend then I think it actually calls into question the XSX design IMO.

Not sure what you mean by “narrow is faster” since the PS5 gpu is narrower and faster, but if this keeps up we might have to consider some sort of architectural efficiency advantage for the PS5. XSX having higher peak performance may not matter if it’s bottlenecked to a degree where PS5 has higher average throughput.

Yeah, even Phil Spencer is already damage controlling. The rest of the Xbox community is trying to cope by being in hiding, holding out fake olive branches or trying to FUD PS5 in other ways. But power doesn't even matter anyway. Xbox is still going to have a content problem for the next three years, and in that time, they'll already be pumping out a new system they'll want their fanbase to buy.