Nintendo Direct 2/13 - Bayonetta 2, X, GBA Virtual C & more!

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Even with zero expectations I found that insanely disappointing. Time to sell the Wii U.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#102 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I asked for release dates from this Direct and I got them. Some not so solid, like Smash Bros, X and Bayonetta 2, but we still got 2014 confirmations on those. Overall I'm happy about that.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Awful.

ANNOUNCE NEW WllU GAMES. FFS. What are we going to play on the wiiu for the next 5 months!?! 2 games?.. PATHETlC. How are they so unprepared? Do they not care? Doesn't seem like they do. What was with Reggie saying "No draughts on wiiu this year"...? BS.. Theres nothing to play for months. So angry. Nothing exciting. Nintendo has so much potential yet they choose the most boring and safe options literally all the time. They never give fans what they want anymore. Just boring, low budget, predictable, nostalgia reliant BS.

And that X trailer looked awful.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104  Edited By Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Not a bad lineup, through only a bit stood out for me. Did they say when Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright was coming to NA? Just seem to only mention it. MH4 I look into but well that a while away lol. Kind of bum that the GBA games are heading to WiiU but not to 3DS it seems.:\

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I just noticed something, even iwata has Jaggies around him, is this intentional? lol.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@trugs26: don't say that, please don't say that. ;'(

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#107  Edited By pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

i was looking forward for an update on zelda hyrule warriors.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@trugs26 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Holy crap that new character looks fucking stupid. hahaha.

What the hell man? He's a classic!

I was talking about Bayonetta, the guy with the blue dreads.

That game needs some AA badly.

Ah ok. Fair enough.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#109 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@trugs26: thx for this, I'll put it in the OP

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#110 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

Outside of that, it was an "eh" ND.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

So I gotta wait until may for Mario kart?..

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#112  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Lol!At that 3DS eshop baseball game.The nintendo direct was decent, but it could have been better.I never expected the koopa kids to be playable in a mario kart game and x looks awesome.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#113  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Looking back at the direct. It was pretty awful.

Especially if you look at the dates of those games.

3DS looks pretty healthy, but holy cow Nintendo has nothing to show for WiiU. Their Third Party Section included Indie Games which were all primarily 3DS titles and then Child of Light, and that was it.

cool that Inazuma Eleven is out in the US now.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#114 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@VendettaRed07: it wasn't even a trailer...

it's been a year and it seems like they (monolith) haven't progresses even a little bit on the game

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I don't know why I still watch these when I always come away disappointed. Once again I see no reason to buy any of Nintendo's new stuff.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@VendettaRed07 said:

Awful.

ANNOUNCE NEW WllU GAMES. FFS. What are we going to play on the wiiu for the next 5 months!?! 2 games?.. PATHETlC. How are they so unprepared? Do they not care? Doesn't seem like they do. What was with Reggie saying "No draughts on wiiu this year"...? BS.. Theres nothing to play for months. So angry. Nothing exciting. Nintendo has so much potential yet they choose the most boring and safe options literally all the time. They never give fans what they want anymore. Just boring, low budget, predictable, nostalgia reliant BS.

I would be pissed if the Wii U were my only platform. It's not, though, so I'd rather Nintendo just take their time and get these games out when they are polished.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 nintendoboy16

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Looking back at the direct. It was pretty awful.

Especially if you look at the dates of those games.

3DS looks pretty healthy, but holy cow Nintendo has nothing to show for WiiU.

That CAN'T be saying much, considering what Iwata showed off on the first party half. The only good looking game they showed off was Kirby: Triple Deluxe.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Donkey Kong in February, Mario Kart 8 in May, and everything else has no confirmed release. Didn't they say there wouldn't be a games drought?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By trugs26

@mrintro: No problem. Sorry if there are typos, it was rush typing. So far I see one type being "steam" instead of "stream", but oh well :P

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By VendettaRed07

The lack of content on Wiiu is just unnacceptable. Theres nothing to play bar 2 games and some downloadable stuff for months. Sorry but just rereleasing GBA games that most people probably already have on Wiiu isn't going to cut it. We need new games. Announce SOMETHlNG FFS. Even just drop a name.. hey, we are making this game right now, but lts not ready to show off yet so just be patient.. or whatever. SOMETHlNG.. Anything to show that they actually give two shits about their own god damn console.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I enjoyed it. The upcoming eShop releases look great. Inazuma Eleven was a nice surprise. Nice to see trailers for some of the upcoming games. Long wait for Mario Kart though. I wasn't blown away or anything, but it was a solid Direct in my opinion. I still got my other consoles for the Wii U drought so eh.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

Awful.

I would be pissed if the Wii U were my only platform. It's not, though, so I'd rather Nintendo just take their time and get these games out when they are polished.

Agreed. I would not own a Wii U exclusively lol.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Well it was ok. I came out of this feeling the same way I went in, meh

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Overall it was alright but man nothing new for the Wii U.

X and Bayonetta 2 looked fun and I'm looking forward to both games. However X is looking like a 2015 game.

And finally GBA VC games.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

Awful.

That is still no excuse for the massive droughts. Don't assume that everyone with a Wii U owns other consoles.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@TwistedShade said:

Donkey Kong in February, Mario Kart 8 in May, and everything else has no confirmed release. Didn't they say there wouldn't be a games drought?

if you owned a 3DS as well There are no Game Droughts.

That would be Nintendo Logic though, I mean last year there weren't many droughts for the system. WiiU is dying and all it's going for it are 5 games and they're so spreadout it's no wonder there are droughts.

After Smash & Bayonetta the last game anyone else is expected to get is Monolith's X which doesn't have a Name yet.

After X it's Zelda. Not the Crappy Dynasty Warriors one, The Real one, The one that is supposedly being developed and will show at E3 this year. After that what's next? and these are spread out across THE ENTIRE YEAR! This is not acceptable.

WiiU owners should be getting Final Fantasy Lightning Returns! They should be hoping to play Dark Souls 2! They should be looking forward to the next Alien game (they were excited about Marines until it utterly flopped and didn't show up on WiiU at all)!

What a disaster, I enjoy my WiiU, but holy cow it's no wonder no one wants the dang thing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#128 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

looking forward to Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, and Bayonetta 2

I hope Bayonetta 2 can at least be as fun as the first

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TwistedShade

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@TwistedShade said:

That would be Nintendo Logic though, I mean last year there weren't many droughts for the system. WiiU is dying and all it's going for it are 5 games and they're so spreadout it's no wonder there are droughts.

After Smash & Bayonetta the last game anyone else is expected to get is Monolith's X which doesn't have a Name yet.

After X it's Zelda. Not the Crappy Dynasty Warriors one, The Real one, The one that is supposedly being developed and will show at E3 this year. After that what's next? and these are spread out across THE ENTIRE YEAR! This is not acceptable.

WiiU owners should be getting Final Fantasy Lightning Returns! They should be hoping to play Dark Souls 2! They should be looking forward to the next Alien game (they were excited about Marines until it utterly flopped and didn't show up on WiiU at all)!

What a disaster, I enjoy my WiiU, but holy cow it's no wonder no one wants the dang thing.

I don't own a 3DS, but Nintendo said there wouldn't be a Wii U drought this year (Think Iwata was one the saying that), although I suppose they said that about the 3DS early in it's life....

My problem is right now it's looking like Donkey Kong>Mario Kart 8>-------------

I'll say Bayonetta will come out in August so that's about 3 months after MK8, then Smash and X will be Holiday 2014. That still doesn't look that compelling since it's essentially 3 months apart for all of those games.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

horrible, just horrible

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 nintendoboy16

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@TwistedShade said:

*spits out water*

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By trugs26
@bbkkristian said:

@trugs26: don't say that, please don't say that. ;'(

Sorry that's just my feeling :( Mainly judging based on trajectory of information + this genre is well suited for the start of the year, not the end of the year.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Buying Inazuma Eleven right now. Never payed much attention to the franchise, especially since they never came to the US. But I'm done with ALBW, and I need something else to tide me over until Dark Souls 2.

Oh and Wii U looks screwed.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@TwistedShade said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@TwistedShade said:

I don't own a 3DS, but Nintendo said there wouldn't be a Wii U drought this year (Think Iwata was one the saying that), although I suppose they said that about the 3DS early in it's life....

My problem is right now it's looking like Donkey Kong>Mario Kart 8>-------------

I'll say Bayonetta will come out in August so that's about 3 months after MK8, then Smash and X will be Holiday 2014. That still doesn't look that compelling since it's essentially 3 months apart for all of those games.

Also Child of Light in April. People like to bash Nintendo for not having any 3rd party support, but then they also completely ignore all of the 3rd party support that they get.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#135 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@VendettaRed07 said:

Awful.

What do you expect Nintendo to do? Just fucking magic games up out of thin air? GAMES TAKE TIME TO MAKE. I know this is a hard concept for some people to grasp but it's true and considering Nintendo are the only people really supporting the WiiU, guess what, you get drOughts.

Sony/MS would be in the exact same position if they were relying solely on studios they owned, they however have third party support which fills in all the gaps.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#136  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Little Mac in Smash... My day is made! That moveset looks godly fun to use!

I looked away when they showed DK though. I've been on media lock out on that game. It's the most likely GOTY for me and my most anticipated game right now. Is it possible to top something as good as Donkey Kong Country Returns? The foundation is there.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 LegatoSkyheart
@TwistedShade said:

That's funny that you still have hope for X releasing this year.

@nintendoboy16 Heck yeah it's saying a lot.

1. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
  2. Inazuma Eleven
  3. Kirby Triple Deluxe
  4. Yoshi's New Island
  5. Shovel Knight
  6. Moon Chronicles
  7. Steel Driver Sub Wars (w/free edition)
  8. Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
  9. Pokemon Battle Trozei
  10. Treasurenauts

heck they even showed Monster Hunter 4!

and they didn't even mention Professor Layton X Ace Attorney! so that's coming out. 3DS looks fine! WiiU? Not so much.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

That Little Mac Trailer was awesome.

Stoked for Mario Golf and Kirby.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TwistedShade

@bobbetybob said:
@VendettaRed07 said:

Awful.

What do you expect Nintendo to do? Just fucking magic games up out of thin air? GAMES TAKE TIME TO MAKE. I know this is a hard concept for some people to grasp but it's true and considering Nintendo are the only people really supporting the WiiU, guess what, you get drOughts.

Sony/MS would be in the exact same position if they were relying solely on studios they owned, they however have third party support which fills in all the gaps.

Well for one they shouldn't have put themselves in the position to the point where no third party wants to support them.

For two if they're going to show such a drought then they should at least name drop what they're working on. Going to be until E3 until we hear anything new on what's coming out and that's not reassuring to people.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Yeah, Little Mac looks awesome. I'm looking forward to trying him out.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

Why the heck are they releasing GBA games for the Wii U Virtual Console, but not the 3DS virtual console? That seems stupid.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#142 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
@bobbetybob said:
@VendettaRed07 said:

Awful.

Yeah, and who's fault is it that Nintendo has droughts? They were the ones who chose to make a weakass system, if they've waited until they knew what Sony and Microsoft where doing they could have acted accordingly and had 3rd party support, they got it the last time they made a system on par with it's peers, so it not unlikely that they'd get it again.

Either way, they need to deal with the problem. They've shown nothing but the same 4 games since E3 last year, if they had nothing new to show then they should have waited until they did have something before doing a new Direct. It's stupid that they keep showing the same stuff over and over, at this point I've seen so much of the games, especially Bayonetta 2, that i'm wondering what gonna be left for us to find out on our own when the games launch, and I'm also starting to get bored of seeing them.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

There's definitely games being held out for e3. I agree that the gap between Donkey Kong and Mario Kart's kind of a bummer, but if there's any point of the year I'm not playing games, it's the first few months where it's actually pleasant to be outside (until I moved to LA and it's 80 every day). But I think the second half of the year for the Wii U's going to be killer. We've got a big collection of 2014 games, and I think Nintendo's going to drop a few more names in June.

Overall, I think they'll release more quality software in 2014 than 2013.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

Well MK8, Smash, DK, X and bayo all look great...but we kinda already knew that. Was hoping for some big reveals of stuff we didnt know about... and really feel like Nintendo needs that right now... let people know who are on the fence about maybe buying a wii u whats coming in the future. Also looks like a really lackluster year for 3DS. Hopefully they have some more stuff up their sleeve at E3.

Oh well, i have a million and one things to keep me entertained on PC, but was hoping to add a little more Nintendo magic to that in 2014 than it seems like we are gonna get.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 LegatoSkyheart

@Comduter said:

Why the heck are they releasing GBA games for the Wii U Virtual Console, but not the 3DS virtual console? That seems stupid.

I think there was a bit of a rumor going on that GBA games will be coming to 3DS eventually, but they're working on WiiU for now. and really the WiiU needs all the help it can get.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: I try not to question business tactics, as I'm not in charge of a business, but that's the one thing that doesn't make much sense to me. Through the ambassador program, I already got 10 GBA games. I'm not sure why they aren't selling them if they've already been ported to the system.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

@Comduter said:

Does seem strange. There is something novel about purchasing gba games for a home console, though.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By VendettaRed07

@bobbetybob said:
@VendettaRed07 said:

Awful.

l expect them to you know.. be prepared? How long has the wiiu been in development for? How long has it been out on the market? Games take time to make are unacceptable excuses. This system is on its last legs. lf it doesn't succeed this year it never will.

lts been obvious forever that Nintendo needed to purchase more first party studios or get more third parties in the works to help out forever and they have done the absolute bare minimum.

Whats more frustrating is that not just the lack of software but the stuff that we know is coming isn't all that exciting. Nintendo is just going through the motions with content. They aren't doing anything that seems to push the limits of imagination or see how far they can take series and take full advantage of the new tech they have on the table. lts depressing and sad.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

About what I expected, albeit slightly underwhelmed. I wanted a kick ass X trailer, not a glimpse of the battle mechanics which I already had a clue about. Combat in JRPG's never make a good trailer for the most part unless you are doing tricky camera angles and cuts on the trailer. Mario Kart 8 looked nice as always, and the Koopalings are great. Lil Mac is okay but I could never understand why people like him so much. Bayonetta 2 looks great as always too. 3DS games looked like filler but I honestly expected that.

I expected at least one new showing for the WiiU that was more out of left field for Fall or something but not necessarily high profile like Mario Strikers 3. That is probably one of the main things that underwhelmed me the most aside from the rather bad X showing.

I do think some are taking this overboard. If you have seen the directs before, you would know how they work out half the time. I mean sure... I did expect something completely new that is rather hype inducing, but at the same time they kind of gave away the highlights with the retweets. Thinking that there will be more than that is kind of funny considering the situation WiiU is in. It's in a difficult spot right now, where there is no hope for real redemption. They probably want to push it under the rug without spending too much while also stopping some loss on it by selling the things they already put money into. I'm guessing they are thinking of the future more so than the immediate present, which sucks for us, but could be one of the better ways to go.

Or even after all the doom talk I just went through, they would rather save everything for E3 and just tide people over until then, regardless of how sucky it is. Clearly they have a rather sparse Spring lineup that is kind of similar to any Ninty drought which can happen at any moment, but maybe they just don't feel like showing everything past that aside from X. It's a little optimistic that they are keeping back so much (considering what I said about not throwing themselves at it on purpose above), but you never know.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#150  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Wait. Wait. wait. A GBA virtual console?

3DS best handheld confirmed.