Name a PC game that looks better than God of War (PS4)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@boxrekt said:

Jesus I thought PC standards might improved some since 2007 but I see the same "bar" for graphics still holds true today.

Why do you play the shitty looking version of most video games and miss out on the graphics kings every gen?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Zaryia
@brah4ever said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Nobody is going to fund a PC game with the AAA budgets.

PC currently hast the most playable AAA budget video games this gen.

@brah4ever said:

We can play those multiplats and also have the AAA blockbusters, what does PC have?

• The most AAA and AA budget titles.
  • 100 more high scoring games than the second next system.
  • The best online with several times the highly played titles. It is nearly your only choice for competitive gaming or e-sports.
  • The best gfx and performance.
  • Exclusive Genres, among which are the most played on Earth.

@brah4ever said:

PC loses every-time.

PC is first place at SW currently, for Gen 8.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#203 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

@boxrekt said:

From the same link you posted.....................................

@22:35

Loading Video...

Right now the physics are absolute DOG SHIT! like the physics are my main problem with this game.

Jezz and when it cuts to the 3rd person mode ??‍♂️ you're shown animations that you'd expect from a PS2 generation game.

Don't get me wrong, the scope of the game is amazing, but the execution is butt cheeks.

Right now this "game" is so unpolished it would never be green lit by a console first party dev (least not Nintendo or Sony) but THIS was hyped by for "best graphics" by PC demographic since 2012, that says a lot.

Also the person demoing this admitted @24:40 he's admitted payed about $7000 just to play this unfinished, janky, microtransaction hell, forever beta, PC experiment.

That's the kind of extortion that's possible when when a fanbase is starved from not having any graphically impressive AAA exclusives to play. Disgusting.

Yet THIS is best example of high quality graphics on PC today!

Honestly looking at how janky the animations still are, the pop-in, the shadow dithering, rampant aliasing and the tremendous drop in graphical quality with actual in-game visuals, never mind the PS5, current gen versions of PS4s Death Stranding and TLOU 2 already look more impressive in overall graphics.

I thought you gave up on me having all credibility and decided not to reply to me after our last conversation. At the very least, if you take that stance you should consistently keep it up. It destroys your legitimacy when you don't.

Also, here's the funny thing: What you're looking at is a game in the Alpha stage of development. These are not the high-end graphics it will have at end; these are the unpolished, unfinished graphics of a game still early in its development.

And, here's the funny thing: We're not starved. Most of us don't play Star Citizen because we have access to the AAA multiplats, at a higher graphical performance than their console competitors, and a number of indie exclusives that look good without making efforts at being king of graphics. If anything, PC gamers are drowning in options. And we also have the highest range of MMOs we can play.

We even have competitors for games; why would I play Star Citizen, with its hefty price tag, when I can plug in Elite Dangerous or Starpoint Gemini Warlords and get much of the same gameplay for something more affordable? If I don't like Fortnite, I can play PUBG. For MOBAs I have DOTA, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, SMITE... For farming games, I have Stardew Valley, Farming Simulator 19, My Time At Portia, Farm Together, Fantasy Farming: Orange Season, Harvest Life... For space strategy games? GalCiv 3, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, Endless Space 2, Stellaris, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion...

You know what? Let's go bizarre. I want to play a friggin' goat? Goat Simulator. A kitten on a destructive rampage? Kitten Rampage. A game where I'm a high school monster trying to get a date to the prom? Monster Prom. A first-person game where I'm a damned soul trying to escape hell? Agony. A game where I'm a literal god? Black and White, The Universim, etc. A track racing game on other planets? Redout. A stick figure Wild West game? West of Loathing. A game where I'm a literal chicken fighting to save my girlfriend? Chicken Assassin: Reloaded. A game where I'm a vlogger who accidentally discovers real ghosts? Perceptions of the Dead. A game where all I'm, doing is raising potted plants? Viridi. A game where I play as a slice of bread? I Am Bread.

This is why PC will never fall. PC has the same multiplats at better graphics, has exclusives of its own that are worth the effort, and it has a variety of options that console players will never have. Plus, we can afford as a community to plop down $250 million on a game that might never reach beta stage without worrying about a company going under and still have a product that, for its stage of development, is impressive. If StarCitizen fails, so what? We can just load up another game that attempts the same thing.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@baelnergal said:
@boxrekt said:

From the same link you posted.....................................

@22:35

Loading Video...

Right now the physics are absolute DOG SHIT! like the physics are my main problem with this game.

Jezz and when it cuts to the 3rd person mode ??‍♂️ you're shown animations that you'd expect from a PS2 generation game.

Don't get me wrong, the scope of the game is amazing, but the execution is butt cheeks.

Right now this "game" is so unpolished it would never be green lit by a console first party dev (least not Nintendo or Sony) but THIS was hyped by for "best graphics" by PC demographic since 2012, that says a lot.

Also the person demoing this admitted @24:40 he's admitted payed about $7000 just to play this unfinished, janky, microtransaction hell, forever beta, PC experiment.

That's the kind of extortion that's possible when when a fanbase is starved from not having any graphically impressive AAA exclusives to play. Disgusting.

Yet THIS is best example of high quality graphics on PC today!

Honestly looking at how janky the animations still are, the pop-in, the shadow dithering, rampant aliasing and the tremendous drop in graphical quality with actual in-game visuals, never mind the PS5, current gen versions of PS4s Death Stranding and TLOU 2 already look more impressive in overall graphics.

I thought you gave up on me having all credibility and decided not to reply to me after our last conversation. At the very least, if you take that stance you should consistently keep it up. It destroys your legitimacy when you don't.

Also, here's the funny thing: What you're looking at is a game in the Alpha stage of development. These are not the high-end graphics it will have at end; these are the unpolished, unfinished graphics of a game still early in its development.

And, here's the funny thing: We're not starved. Most of us don't play Star Citizen because we have access to the AAA multiplats, at a higher graphical performance than their console competitors, and a number of indie exclusives that look good without making efforts at being king of graphics. If anything, PC gamers are drowning in options. And we also have the highest range of MMOs we can play.

We even have competitors for games; why would I play Star Citizen, with its hefty price tag, when I can plug in Elite Dangerous or Starpoint Gemini Warlords and get much of the same gameplay for something more affordable? If I don't like Fortnite, I can play PUBG. For MOBAs I have DOTA, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, SMITE... For farming games, I have Stardew Valley, Farming Simulator 19, My Time At Portia, Farm Together, Fantasy Farming: Orange Season, Harvest Life... For space strategy games? GalCiv 3, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, Endless Space 2, Stellaris, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion...

You know what? Let's go bizarre. I want to play a friggin' goat? Goat Simulator. A kitten on a destructive rampage? Kitten Rampage. A game where I'm a high school monster trying to get a date to the prom? Monster Prom. A first-person game where I'm a damned soul trying to escape hell? Agony. A game where I'm a literal god? Black and White, The Universim, etc. A track racing game on other planets? Redout. A stick figure Wild West game? West of Loathing. A game where I'm a literal chicken fighting to save my girlfriend? Chicken Assassin: Reloaded. A game where I'm a vlogger who accidentally discovers real ghosts? Perceptions of the Dead. A game where all I'm, doing is raising potted plants? Viridi. A game where I play as a slice of bread? I Am Bread.

This is why PC will never fall. PC has the same multiplats at better graphics, has exclusives of its own that are worth the effort, and it has a variety of options that console players will never have. Plus, we can afford as a community to plop down $250 million on a game that might never reach beta stage without worrying about a company going under and still have a product that, for its stage of development, is impressive. If StarCitizen fails, so what? We can just load up another game that attempts the same thing.

1. I was done with arguing with you on the specific topic of God of War gameplay because you were not only clueless about it's gameplay you didn't even have the ability to identify what you called "bad gameplay" in the game; proving you never played the game to begin with.

2. My post here is about the graphic elements displayed in the video you posted. Not sure how you confused this post with a previous argument on a different subject.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 BaelNergal

@boxrekt said:
@baelnergal said:

1. I was done with arguing with you on the specific topic of God of War gameplay because you were not only clueless about it's gameplay you didn't even have the ability to identify what you called "bad gameplay" in the game; proving you never played the game to begin with.

2. My post here is about the graphic elements displayed in the video you posted. Not sure how you confused this post with a previous argument on a different subject.

1. The thing is, you claim that simply because I cited all of the gameplay as not standing out... and have never been able to provide a counter-argument. You've never even attempted a counter-argument. The best you attempted is trying to say I never played the game simply because I didn't find anything about the gameplay memorable. And, in fact, I didn't say the gameplay was terrible; I said it was dull. You don't even have a clue what my argument was to begin with, which is why you are not capable of effectively replying to it.

2. Your post was in reply to me pointing out this game is actually playable and providing some evidence it is for someone else, who was wondering about if it improved in graphics or not since they first saw it. I never claimed, in the post you were quoting, that it was the graphics king; that was you mistaking it for an earlier argument. So you have no room to say I confused it when you did exactly the same thing.

3. You still made it a point to argue that this game exemplifies how terribly the PC is doing for AAA games. So what leg do you have to stand on to say I'm confusing your argument with one much prior? Or do you not even know your own argument, just like you don't know mine about GoW's gameplay?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@dxmcat said:

we're setting records here.

GOW takes more skill than RTS games. :D

Make sure you tell that to Jang "Moon" Jae Ho.

This. I never laughed so hard in a while. Reading tgob's angry posts are the best thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

Kingdom Come Deliverance

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#208 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

I have an oculus rift, consoles for me are like the ps1 during the halflife era, it just can't run the top games like fallout 4 vr for instance, not enough powah

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

Hermits posting nothing but still shoots and resolution notes spells nothing but victory for me.

Add in ray tracing and only brings more laughs. It's a next gen asset that only just came out

All your 4k console ports dont cancel out the superior overall results visual in GOW

God of war shits on every game shown on a animation to graphics ratio

If we bring in price too it really puts herms to shame.

Name even a 600 dollar BRANDED pc with visuals like god of war

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Zaryia

@Livecommander

Metro is not a port. The PC version looks far better than GoW4, even DF said it is unsurpassed. Please stop lying, several PC games on 4k Ultra look better, and aren't set piece movie games or stuck at 30 fps.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 BaelNergal

@Livecommander The first ray tracing video game, Islands of Nyne, has its full release for PC in 4 days.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

208 replies. What stupidity.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts
Loading Video...

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

It's sad seeing PC gamers cling to their last bastion of hope, Star Citizen.

A janky, never to be finished, unimpressive visually game that no major studio wants to publish (for a reason).

The best these PC gamers can bring as argument is 4K or barely noticeable features of console focused games that were also released on PC (multiplats).

No matter what you hermits say, consoles have the funding to support these AAA graphical showcases and PC does NOT.

Keep mentioning games that we can already play perfectly fine on our consoles like Metro or BFV, which to everyone but the most blindest of PC fanboys, looks identical.

Either way, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, and Spiderman take a massive shit over all your PC games.

inb4 non gameplay images of Star Citizen

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Classic OP, ignoring all the posts

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 MonsieurX

Since you can't currently edit comments, here's OP

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 BaelNergal

The really sad thing is, the "run just fine" is the best counter to the mounds of evidence that those games look better on PC, and the rest of the PS hope is on criticizing a game in the Alpha state... while having to sit back and wait for next gen to get a feature that PC starts getting in new games on Friday.

For all of the talk of consoles getting the funding to support graphical showcases, it's PCs that get ray tracing first. Tsk.

And the best examples that the PS gamers have to bring? Three games, none of which are even the best of their genre on their own system.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Last pc game to push hardware forward was Crysis. Facts.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Brah4ever

BaelNergal

Only three games support RTX (BFV, Quake II, and Metro).

$1200 graphics card and barely any support (until next gen).

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#220 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

As someone that plays both PC and PS4 and my primary choice is PC since 05 I can easily say PS4 has best AAA exclusives and it's a damn shame that PC gaming doesn't get the AAA games exclusives like it use to. The only thing that's really pushing PC graphically is VR and raytacing. I own a Oculus and games like Lone Echo and Robot Recall look amazing. PC easily has the power over consoles and always will but sadly I feel the golden age of PC gaming is over we don't get the AAA exclusives like we use to or even games built from the ground up on PC that aren't VR . PC gaming is basically being held back from AAA publishers. Sony studios have the advantage of pushing PS4 to it's limits while PC is being held down for console parity. Games like Watch Dogs and The Division are prime examples of this those E3 demos are what they would of looked like if it wasn't for parity. Third party games will always look better on PC but it's still watered down from what it could be.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 MonsieurX

lol

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/11/nvidia-rtx-ray-tracing-dlss-games-confirmed-2/

• Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Atomic Heart
  • Battlefield V
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Control
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Enlisted
  • Justice
  • JX3
  • Mechwarrior V: Mercenaries
  • Metro Exodus
  • Project DH
  • Quake II
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Stay in the Light
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
  • Watch Dogs: Legion
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Brah4ever

warmblur

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Brah4ever

MonsieurX, thank you for confirming my point.

A list of games (rather short) that aren't out yet and will be coming to consoles with the benefit of being consoles focused titles.

Like the current RTX games, such as BFV and Metro you'll have to put effort into spotting a difference between RTX on vs off.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 BaelNergal

@brah4ever@MonsieurX

Let's ignore Islands of the Nyne a moment (I may have to admit I was wrong to use that example; not finding the support I thought I had) and look at the list posted... Control is one that is confirmed to have ray tracing already factored added for PC and is launching August 27th. PC still gets full RTX ray tracing before the consoles do. Looking online at release dates and rumored release dates, at least a full year before the consoles.

So, there you have it. The first game to have full RTX ray tracing will have that as a PC exclusive.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 BaelNergal

Bah. Misworded that prior post in the link portion ("factored added" am I on drugs?), but it can remain.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Zaryia

@brah4ever

Either way, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, and Spiderman take a massive shit over all your PC games.

People already listed quite a few games that look better than all of those on PC.

Your thread war obliterated.

Take your second place (or 3rd?) and go home. Have fun playing he shit version of most games this gen and not having the gfx kings.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Zaryia

lol he just said Spider-Man

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 BaelNergal

@zaryia That's an unlockable suit based on a suit from the comics. It's supposed to look like that due to the comic origin of the suit.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Zaryia

@baelnergal I'm not talking about the suit. That aint gfx king, and sure as hell aint better looking than the PC games listed iTT.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 BaelNergal

Oh, I'm not disagreeing on graphics quality at all.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#231 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Brah is an idiot....

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Dark_sageX Stick to arguments about games or the topic not posters.

If you don't have anything more constructive to say than calling someone an idiot in a thread about video games then you aren't any better than the poster your talking about.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 BaelNergal

@brah4ever Okay, Dark Sage just added some weight to your stance...

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#234 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Baldurs Gate 2. From a technical standpoint.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

https://youtu.be/DaMF6ujw3Rk

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#236 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Those threads always go the same way. Some half-blind fanboy say a console game looks better than anything on Pc. Pc players name dozents of games that look objectivly far superior. Fanboy acts like they all look much worse than whatever crap he's playing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

Too much drivel in this thread and were already on Page 5.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Livecommander

@Zaryia: if you watch the whole digital foundry video you would realize how much he contradicts himself towards the end.

He calls the characters models and thrid person animations trash.

He was amazing by the lighting and 2 arms on screen. Big whoop

Character models are way more impactful as far as overall visuals go

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Zaryia

@Livecommander

Because no game does everything perfectly. But there are sure as hell many games on PC that look better, and it isn't even a question.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Livecommander

@zaryia: Character models should be at the fore front to even discuss graphics king.

Your PC guy got hype by the lighting effects and the easier animation of two arms in 1st person view before realizing the overall graphics are meh

How the heck can a herm not be disgusted by the characters models in that game

Your owning yaself without noticing it.

All because your df guy was gased initially before coming to his senses lol

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#241 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Time to let it rest peeps. TC and his clown posse will just keep going forever. They know PC is superior. Everybody with a functional brain knows this.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@Livecommander said:

Hermits posting nothing but still shoots and resolution notes spells nothing but victory for me.

Add in ray tracing and only brings more laughs. It's a next gen asset that only just came out

All your 4k console ports dont cancel out the superior overall results visual in GOW

God of war shits on every game shown on a animation to graphics ratio

If we bring in price too it really puts herms to shame.

Name even a 600 dollar BRANDED pc with visuals like god of war

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Brah4ever
@KillzoneSnake said:

Thread is done.

Games like this are a myth on PC
Games like this are a myth on PC

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Brah4ever
@warmblur said:

As someone that plays both PC and PS4 and my primary choice is PC since 05 I can easily say PS4 has best AAA exclusives and it's a damn shame that PC gaming doesn't get the AAA games exclusives like it use to. The only thing that's really pushing PC graphically is VR and raytacing. I own a Oculus and games like Lone Echo and Robot Recall look amazing. PC easily has the power over consoles and always will but sadly I feel the golden age of PC gaming is over we don't get the AAA exclusives like we use to or even games built from the ground up on PC that aren't VR . PC gaming is basically being held back from AAA publishers. Sony studios have the advantage of pushing PS4 to it's limits while PC is being held down for console parity. Games like Watch Dogs and The Division are prime examples of this those E3 demos are what they would of looked like if it wasn't for parity. Third party games will always look better on PC but it's still watered down from what it could be.

Facts, PC gamers will glance over these truths.

PC gaming is not having another Crysis moment and consoles have the benefit of being able to fund the budgets needed for these graphical showcases.

PC HAS the hardware potential, consoles USE the hardware potential.

God of War, Ghost of Tsoushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc.

Funniest things are people with dual RTX 2080 Ti's (2 grands worth) who play just League and Dota (most PC gamers).

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@brah4ever: Got any proof that people with RTX 2080 Ti's only play League of Legends

Also

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#246 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@brah4ever said:

Funniest things are people with dual RTX 2080 Ti's (2 grands worth) and play just League and Dota (most PC gamers).

Dude, what? That is the dumbest shit i've read today... Or heard today... Or ever lol.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@Pedro said:

If you stay on this forum for too long you start to believe nonsense like the OP. In the real world there are equally or better looking games. But its waste pointing them out because it will lead to no meaningful discussion. With that said God of War looks great.

Ignorance is bliss. - The Matrix

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@brah4ever: that's exactly what my thread was about before it was locked because people couldn't talk about it before getting locked because people got offended.

PC has so much wasted power... It's really sad how nobody really uses it.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 BaelNergal

I am beginning to think Calvincfb just outright ignores any post that provides evidence contradicting his stance.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@baelnergal: That's pretty much how cows go they say no game pushes PC hardware or surpasses console, PC gamers post screenshots and videos proving them wrong and they immediately shift the goal and nit pick in anyway to act like they don't count so they can push the narrative that there is nothing but potato games on PC.