Name a PC game that looks better than God of War (PS4)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

@brah4ever said:

You're seriously using Quake II (a game that's over 20 years old) as your argument for PC superiority?

Spent $1200 on a graphics card to play Quake II, in 2019...

I thought the same thing at first, but it turns out he's talking about the remake. Or is it a mod? Kinda both...

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts
@baelnergal said:
@brah4ever said:

You're seriously using Quake II (a game that's over 20 years old) as your argument for PC superiority?

I thought the same thing at first, but it turns out he's talking about the remake.

I knew he was talking about Quake II RTX, btw this pic is from the Steam store page of the game.

PC Superiority
PC Superiority

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By BaelNergal

@brah4ever said:
@baelnergal said:

I thought the same thing at first, but it turns out he's talking about the remake.

I knew he was talking about Quake II RTX, btw this pic is from the Steam store page of the game.

PC Superiority
PC Superiority

Yeah, I'm not saying it was a good example. I'll concede you have a point on this one.

It strikes me as bizarre that Nvidia chose Quake 2 for this. It's like they're outright advertising that their "realistic rays" are such of a performance hit you need graphics from the 1990s in order to render them properly.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Jesus Christ. Let's keep the "retarded", "autistic", "idiot", "all the __ [faction name]" stuff in check folks. That last one I've been getting a lot of pushback on lately but no - it's SYSTEM wars, and there's no unified "all of us..." stance in any of the factions and you know it - which is a good reason for prohibiting fanwars

Back on topic, I like Hierren's vote - Flight Sim looks like it will be disgustingly pretty. Also yeah, TW: Warhammer 2 is a technical feat - it's not just a GPU issue, the way it punishes my CPU when the graphics settings are maxed is just basically all you need to know that it couldn't be run like that on an X1X let alone something else.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@flipclic: Are all those screenshots from Star Citizen? They look amazing!

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Brah4ever
@NoodleFighter said:

Since we're posting pics of games yet to be released.

I'll play.

This one is actually going to release at some point
This one is actually going to release at some point

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Did they improve Star Citizen with mods i dont remember it looking like that when it released in 2012.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@brah4ever: You have yet to address this post of mine:

@lundy86_4 said:
@brah4ever said:

Without mods.

All that powah!
All that powah!
@brah4ever said:

So basically you're pulling the 4K card.

No game on PC is graphically impressive as God Of War from a technical standpoint. From the set pieces to the way the characters models and environments are designed.

Nothing on PC comes close

Yeah, this is clearly a constructive thread. It's also funny how TC says that nothing is as impressive from a technical standpoint as GoW, and also criticizes a user for pointing out that PC games can actually run 4K... Which is a technical aspect.

Furthermore, GoW doesn't even run 4K, and with between 40-50fps in Performance Mode... Yes, that's the games "performance mode."

Why is this thread open?

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Brah4ever
@heirren said:

Did they improve Star Citizen with mods i dont remember it looking like that when it released in 2012.

Those shots are from the tech demo, not representative of the final product.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@brah4ever:

So which screenshots are of Star Citizen gameplay?

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Brah4ever
@lundy86_4 said:

@brah4ever: You have yet to address this post of mine:

@lundy86_4 said:
@brah4ever said:

Without mods.

All that powah!
All that powah!
@brah4ever said:

So basically you're pulling the 4K card.

No game on PC is graphically impressive as God Of War from a technical standpoint. From the set pieces to the way the characters models and environments are designed.

Yeah, this is clearly a constructive thread. It's also funny how TC says that nothing is as impressive from a technical standpoint as GoW, and also criticizes a user for pointing out that PC games can actually run 4K... Which is a technical aspect.

Furthermore, GoW doesn't even run 4K, and with between 40-50fps in Performance Mode... Yes, that's the games "performance mode."

Why is this thread open?

I didn't address your point because you are using resolution as reason for PC games being technically better.

Put the best looking PS4 game against the best looking PC game, both at the same resolution. PC loses.

Nobody is going to fund a PC game with the AAA budgets these console exclusives get, so you have to resort to multiplats such as BFV or Metro for your arguments. Games look literally identical side by side and yes I have done comparisons.

We can play those multiplats and also have the AAA blockbusters, what does PC have? Oh...indies.

PC loses every-time.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Brah4ever
@heirren said:

@brah4ever:

So which screenshots are of Star Citizen gameplay?

None of them, they are cutscenes of a tech demo.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 BaelNergal

@brah4ever said:
@NoodleFighter said:

I'll play.

Nah, it's technically already out: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/fly-now

It gets massively more expensive from there.

@heirren said:

The game has been steadily improving since release. They're still in Alpha, though. But, from what I understand, those pics represent graphics of the game where it's at right now, and maybe even a bit behind the curve. The game's apparently improved a bit since it started.

Here is an actual video of live play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZNCFvHv7qo

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Brah4ever
@brah4ever said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Hey, any of you PS4 players up to play some Quake 2 RTX with full path ray tracing?......oh wait...I'm so *chuckle sorry...my bad.

Bumping this madness.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

This thread reminds me how over the years console gamer's out of their way to make PC look "inferior"...

• Build me a PC for $350/400
  • Steam's most popular GPU is a potato
  • 30FPS vs 60FPS I cant tell the difference
  • The RX 580/GTX 1060 can't do 4K
  • PC has no exclusives
  • Mods don't matter

Now its show me a game that looks better than God of War but then you mention that Digital Foundry stated that Metro Exodus on PC with Ray Tracing is the new game to beat from a graphical standpoint then all of the sudden it doesn't count because resolution?...

You console gamer's need to make your mind up, because it seems like resolution/framerate and graphical settings don't matter when ever you chose to apply what ever silly logic you decide to use based on what your console can do.

I mean the logic is appalling, you make a thread about graphics but discredit that PC versions of 99% of all games are running at HIGHER GRAPHICAL settings?...

This is how desperate they are to discredit PC:

• X1 vs PS4 = OMG X1 runs at 900 its horrible blurry mess... PC runs at 1440P higher settings 60FPS = Same Fanboys "can't see the difference" and framerate doesn't matter".
  • PS4 Pro vs X1X = OMG Pro runs at 1440p its a blurry mess... PC Runs the game at 4K/60 higher settings = Same fanboys No one has a PC that powerful

They can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 frames... Unless their game does 60, they can't tell the difference between Ultra on PC but their console has one setting higher than the other console and its a night and day difference.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2028 Posts

Should've changed title to plays better?

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Brah4ever
@baelnergal said:
@brah4ever said:
@NoodleFighter said:

I'll play.

Nah, it's technically already out: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/fly-now

@heirren said:

The game has been steadily improving since release. They're still in Alpha, though. But, from what I understand, those pics represent graphics of the game where it's at right now, and maybe even a bit behind the curve. The game's apparently improved a bit since it started.

Here is an actual video of live play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZNCFvHv7qo

Skip to 2 hours, 33 minutes of the video and tell me that the game looks even remotely in the same league as the best of the best.

Hint: It doesn't.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By lundy86_4

@brah4ever said:

I didn't address your point because you are using resolution as reason for PC games being technically better.

Put the best looking PS4 game against the best looking PC game, both at the same resolution. PC loses.

Nobody is going to fund a PC game with the AAA budgets these console exclusives get, so you have to resort to multiplats such as BFV or Metro for your arguments. Games look literally identical side by side and yes I have done comparisons.

We can play those multiplats and also have the AAA blockbusters, what does PC have? Oh...indies.

PC loses every-time.

I didn't use that reason at all. You said that no game is as graphically impressive as GoW from a technical standpoint... Yet in the prior sentence you called out the person for using the 4K argument... Which is a technical standpoint. The rendering resolution is technical, and thus quantifiable.

As for your funding argument, you'd need to ground your point... As such, you'd need to provide actual budgets to compare. You're saying they look literally identical, when the PC can factually run multiplats at higher settings as well as resolution/fps? What? I'm so confused with your argument.

Again, you never stipulate exclusives in your title, nor your OP... Never-the-less, the PC has exclusives, and you asking us to disprove your stance without providing absolute evidence for your points, is just poor debate practice.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#170 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Damn OP got you guys running around for 4 pages lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 lundy86_4

@i_p_daily said:

Minimal effort... Yet somehow I got roped in lol.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 BaelNergal

@brah4ever said:
@baelnergal said:
@brah4ever said:
@NoodleFighter said:

I'll play.

@heirren said:

Skip to 2 hours, 33 minutes of the video and tell me that the game looks even remotely in the same league as the best of the best.

This game is still in Alpha, and it manages to compete for upper-end graphics already. And for a game that has a budget of at least $250,000,000, it's going to end up far better than this by the time it's done just due to the fact that budget is going to continue to increase.

By all evidence, this game is going to exceed the budget of GTAV easily. And it's a PC exclusive.

So, yes. People are willing to sink AAA-rank budgets into PC games now. Just, not funded in the same manner as the multiplats.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Brah4ever
@baelnergal said:
@brah4ever said:
@baelnergal said:
@brah4ever said:

I'll play.

@heirren said:

This game is still in Alpha, and it manages to compete for upper-end graphics already. And for a game that has a budget of at least $250,000,000, it's going to end up far better than this by the time it's done just due to the fact that budget is going to continue to increase.

By all evidence, this game is going to exceed the budget of GTAV easily. And it's a PC exclusive.

So, yes. People are willing to sink AAA-rank budgets into PC games now. Just, not funded in the same manner as the multiplats.

Game is never coming out.

Development of the game began in 2011 and yet it is still in alpha in 2019.

Keep giving them your money though, maybe one day when nobody cares anymore it"ll release.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By lundy86_4

@brah4ever said:

Keep giving them your money though, maybe one day when nobody cares anymore it"ll release.

Not true. The original Kickstarter development started around 2011, but real solid development started in 2013-ish, and that was with 10 or so people developing. Since then, the project has grown exponentially. They are over 400 employees at the moment.

SC draws a lot of flak solely due to how open development has been. Most devs don't provide updates as often, plus SC actually migrated engines a couple of times if i'm not mistaken.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 BaelNergal

@brah4ever said:
@baelnergal said:
@brah4ever said:
@baelnergal said:
@brah4ever said:

I'll play.

@heirren said:

It's already out. You can buy and play it now. They decided to let people play the alpha. At least they're more honest about it than some game developers.

As for me, I don't play it. Way, way too expensive. That game is not for people who have any concept of a budget.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@lundy86_4 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yeah he got you good lol, makes you wonder if ghost4ever & brah4ever are long lost brothers lol.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yeah he got you good lol, makes you wonder if ghost4ever & brah4ever are long lost brothers lol.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 BaelNergal

@i_p_daily said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@i_p_daily said:

They're clones from Human Factory 7.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@baelnergal: @Grey_Eyed_Elf: Well I don't think we will 4ever know :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#181 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts

Doesn't GoW run in 30 fps? Then a shitload of games look better than GoW. I don't expect your average Sony fanboy to know about fps though. They're happy with what they got as long as they ignore PC games properly.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#182 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Thread is done.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Oh, wow, this thread has gone to shit.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

I have fun watching dumpster fires. But that's me :P

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Why don't cows just use screenshots like us instead of small gifs?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@baelnergal said:
@brah4ever said:
@NoodleFighter said:

I'll play.

@heirren said:

From the same link you posted.....................................

@22:35

Loading Video...

Right now the physics are absolute DOG SHIT! like the physics are my main problem with this game.

Jezz and when it cuts to the 3rd person mode ??‍♂️ you're shown animations that you'd expect from a PS2 generation game.

Don't get me wrong, the scope of the game is amazing, but the execution is butt cheeks.

Right now this "game" is so unpolished it would never be green lit by a console first party dev (least not Nintendo or Sony) but THIS was hyped by for "best graphics" by PC demographic since 2012, that says a lot.

Also the person demoing this admitted @24:40 he's admitted payed about $7000 just to play this unfinished, janky, microtransaction hell, forever beta, PC experiment.

That's the kind of extortion that's possible when when a fanbase is starved from not having any graphically impressive AAA exclusives to play. Disgusting.

Yet THIS is best example of high quality graphics on PC today!

Honestly looking at how janky the animations still are, the pop-in, the shadow dithering, rampant aliasing and the tremendous drop in graphical quality with actual in-game visuals, never mind the PS5, current gen versions of PS4s Death Stranding and TLOU 2 already look more impressive in overall graphics.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By BoxRekt

Jesus I thought PC standards might improved some since 2007 but I see the same "bar" for graphics still holds true today.

As long as a game can be made to look good in still screen shots, it will be called a graphics king in the PC scene!

This is what I've found to be a trend among PC elitists when talking about graphics.

Even if a game looks horrible or barely playable at those setting when IN MOTION, if the "graphics" look good in a still shot it will be called the best graphics.

That's the biggest difference between when console fans hype graphics vs these PC nominations we see(other than the console multiplats that have the same base graphics anyway)

Console fans actually hype games that look good when you're PLAYING that game.

BTW:

Console fans use gifs because our games look amazing when actually PLAYING them in motion.

It's ironic PC fanboys always talk about playing games at high frame-rate but when we start talking about best graphics they're willing to cripple their rigs to produce unplayable images of unfinished and janky PC games or use straight out DEMOS of "games" that aren't even playable to make arguments.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 flipclic
@NoodleFighter said:

Yes they are, there's more on the guys flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hasgaha/

But the game doesn't just look good in screenshots, it's community already makes short films with ingame footage.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

It's funny how you talk about graphical quality, and performance and showhow still champion for consoles.

Sorry but all games on consoles are janky as hell.

Still having to beg mister sony for 60 fps rofl

People sit on pc at a 1000 fps.

And the list goes on.

But go link more 2 high detailed characters standing in a death enviroment with maybe a handful of enemy's at time with piss filters everywhere and janky performance with dynamic resolution all day long at barely 30 fps. Having to move around with a joystick still.

Mighty impressive lul

But but but you can't use this game, you cant use that game, you can't use that hardware, u can't use this, u can't use that. Because "input" random reasons.

Gotta keep those mental barriers up to maintain your delusion with excluding stuff all day long.

Sorry the only thing that looks good about god of war is his head/face + animations everything else looks average as hell. that's sony games for you.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 flipclic

Also, it's worth a mention that Star Citizen besides looking good to the micro detail it also has a massive play area without a single loading screen while being online. You can pilot massive space ships from a space station and land on a planet all seamlessly all while the graphical quality still maintains top quality.

Loading Video...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 BoxRekt
@flipclic said:

Also, it's worth a mention that Star Citizen besides looking good to the micro detail it also has a massive play area without a single loading screen while being online. You can pilot massive space ships from a space station and land on a planet all seamlessly all while the graphical quality still maintains top quality.

Loading Video...

"all seamlessly all while the graphical quality still maintains top quality."

Yeah, about that....

Loading Video...

That NASTY pop in!

From a guy who spent $7000 on star citizen alone so lets not pretend that he doesn't have a top end PC.

The difference between someone actually playing the game vs trying to show specific cuts of moments that look good or promotional video edits.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#192 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Another day another single system begger trying to justify being inferior

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 xantufrog  Moderator

@brah4ever "Put the best looking PS4 game against the best looking PC game, both at the same resolution. PC loses."

That's bullshit and you know it. None of the examples you've been given in this thread depend on a higher resolution to make the point. As noted above, for example, a PS4 couldn't even run Total War Warhammer 2 at 1080p on medium. The APU would buckle under the computational load.

Every single multiplat running on medium (high at best) on PS4 proves the point. Oh but those games don't count because... They disprove your point.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By BoxRekt
@xantufrog said:

@brah4ever "Put the best looking PS4 game against the best looking PC game, both at the same resolution. PC loses."

That's bullshit and you know it. None of the examples you've been given in this thread depend on a higher resolution to make the point. As noted above, for example, a PS4 couldn't even run Total War Warhammer 2 at 1080p on medium. The APU would buckle under the computational load.

Every single multiplat running on medium (high at best) on PS4 proves the point. Oh but those games don't count because... They disprove your point.

Seems like a disconnect in arguments here.

It's all related but one angle is leaning specifically to "best looking" and the other seems to be leaning toward most demanding. Ya'll need to nail down what specific element is in question.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#195 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

Wow, seriously? No accolades for calling it with first post??

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@boxrekt: that's a fair point - I can't figure out what his angle is, because he's been given many examples of better looking games. So then he argued they were only better looking because of 4k. But that's not true. I'm playing through Mankind Divided right now and the console version doesn't come close to the detail of Ultra. The problem (or his reason?) for shifting gears to exclusives is there's no easy way to directly compare them

It's for this reason I'll admit TWW2 is a tricky one, because you can't easily compare its visuals with GoW. Which "looks better" - close up heavily smoothed and motion blurred cinematic combat with precise animations, or enormous armies on city scale environments throwing trees an one another and raining fire down - but at the cost of individual animation detail? The games are too different. That's why I mentioned you'd need to be medium or lower to run it at 1080p on a PS4 - it's the best reference point I could think of. Take a PC PS4-powered and figure out at what graphics setting it can handle this PC exclusive

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

So its taken 4 pages for everyone to agree if you limit PC games to

1080p or less

30fps

medium settings

No Mods

GOW is better than most of them

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@boxrekt: hilarious that you call out hermits for not showing how the game looks when played and then keep posting your bs gifs where at least half of them is movies made with the game engine...

I mean don’t even think they qualify as qte’s?!

Also yeah Kratos looks great in GOw and so do the 4(?) other npc in the game. But most of the enemies looks terrible in comparison and there is so little variation in them.. and don’t even get me started on the boss fights...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

All of them.....

lol :P

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By flipclic

@boxrekt:

@boxrekt said:
@flipclic said:

Loading Video...

"all seamlessly all while the graphical quality still maintains top quality."

Yeah, about that....

Loading Video...

That NASTY pop in!

From a guy who spent $7000 on star citizen alone so lets not pretend that he doesn't have a top end PC.

The difference between someone actually playing the game vs trying to show specific cuts of moments that look good or promotional video edits.

Yes when you have a universe with fully modelled moons and planets in a online server there will be times when pop ups will be noticeable and it's something they are constantly working on. Even then I urge you to find a game with more realistic planets and moons where you can seamlessly land and walk around.

Like every game in heavy development you will see bugs and glitches during live gameplay because Star Citizen has made a stance of being open with their game development, that's why you can track back player footage to the year of 2013.

If Gear of War had been opened to player testing since the early days you would've seen this at first hand too.

Loading Video...