Morgan Webb Bashes SMG2 Vid Included

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#201 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

To all you that insist that Mario is so kiddy and is has appeal that is limited to little kids:

If this is true, why did it appeal so strongly to adult reviewers?

789shadow

Buh, buh, buh, they're all manchildren! :cry:

Or "teh nostalgia!" :cry:

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

Everybody knows Morgan is a cow(in the SW sense of the word), just look at her Maxim shoot. What's that in her hand, a PS2 controller. Somebody post proof so I don't feel dirty. :lol:

gamecubepad
Face palm.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

To all you that insist that Mario is so kiddy and is has appeal that is limited to little kids:

If this is true, why did it appeal so strongly to adult reviewers?

GreySeal9

Or "Teh paid for reviews!!!!" :cry:

Sorry needed to add in on this lulz.

JonnyEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 JonnyEagle
Member since 2009 • 1196 Posts

[QUOTE="JonnyEagle"]

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

yeah but come on... Mario too cartoony.. Wtf else do you want from a mario game then? Thats like saying there is too much fighting when you go see a Kung Fu movie, its the whole flippin point of what your watching

GreySeal9

SMG2 is a bit too cartoony, but of course you can't blame Nintendo for that since their target demographic are little kids. I had a chance to play the game myself and as good as it was, I couldn't help but think, "Man, I shouldn't be playing this, my little cousin should be playing this". I've never felt that way about a Mario game before, though keep in mind the last Mario game I played was SM64. I think Mario has universal appeal, and I think a game can be made that can appeal to both adults and children......

You make it sounds like SMG2 doesn't have universal appeal. If its appeal was so limited, there's no way it would have pulled the scores it did.

Beats me man, I did say it is a good game, though I know a lot of people can tolerate the kiddy nature of the game.........
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

Espada12

Or "Teh hype!" :cry:

(Gotta continue the combo)

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="JonnyEagle"] SMG2 is a bit too cartoony, but of course you can't blame Nintendo for that since their target demographic are little kids. I had a chance to play the game myself and as good as it was, I couldn't help but think, "Man, I shouldn't be playing this, my little cousin should be playing this". I've never felt that way about a Mario game before, though keep in mind the last Mario game I played was SM64. I think Mario has universal appeal, and I think a game can be made that can appeal to both adults and children......

JonnyEagle

You make it sounds like SMG2 doesn't have universal appeal. If its appeal was so limited, there's no way it would have pulled the scores it did.

Beats me man, I did say it is a good game, though I know a lot of people can tolerate the kiddy nature of the game.........

I doubt the reviewers thought of it as "kiddy". It's that adjective that you guys are getting hung up on. The reviewers most likely looked at it as a creative Mario-esque quasi-psychedelic art style. It's not about "tolerating" the art style as people who appreciate Mario appreciate the art style as well.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Everybody knows Morgan is a cow(in the SW sense of the word), just look at her Maxim shoot. What's that in her hand, a PS2 controller. Somebody post proof so I don't feel dirty. :lol:

Randoggy

Face palm.

I assumed he was joking. I hope so anyway.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

[QUOTE="chrion133"]

If you want everyone to not be able to speak there honest opinion, your living in the wrong country. Her "nonsense" is the Truth to many others.

JonnyEagle

yeah but come on... Mario too cartoony.. Wtf else do you want from a mario game then? Thats like saying there is too much fighting when you go see a Kung Fu movie, its the whole flippin point of what your watching

SMG2 is a bit too cartoony, but of course you can't blame Nintendo for that since their target demographic are little kids. I had a chance to play the game myself and as good as it was, I couldn't help but think, "Man, I shouldn't be playing this, my little cousin should be playing this". I've never felt that way about a Mario game before, though keep in mind the last Mario game I played was SM64. I think Mario has universal appeal, and I think a game can be made that can appeal to both adults and children......

Well I suppose I could see that but thats seriously like just the first 20 seconds of the game, After that I dont see how its anymore cutesy than any other mario game tbh

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

or "Teh low Wii standards!!!" :cry:

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#210 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

I assumed he was joking. I hope so anyway.

GreySeal9

I thought people would find it funny. Oh well...*puts head down in shame and kicks old rusty can down the street*

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="JonnyEagle"]

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

VendettaRed07

Well I suppose I could see that but thats seriously like just the first 20 seconds of the game, After that I dont see how its anymore cutesy than any other mario game tbh

It's not more cutesy.

I fail to see how this:

is somehow hugely different than this:

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

or "Teh low Wii standards!!!" :cry:

:lol: Good one.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#213 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

What about Kingdom Hearts? That game is Cartoony.

sillaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 sillaris
Member since 2008 • 1083 Posts

she speaks the truth but every sheep here will deny it. the graphics are ugly/ cartoonish

she even said the game would look better in a SD TV lololol.... well ya Wii is not made for HDTV

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#215 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
[QUOTE="Captain_Lorelli"]

[QUOTE="BodyElite"] Mario games are developed for kids... Yet any Mario game that comes out usually has a cult of nerdy grownups that wait in line at midnight. I remember when smg1 was launching at midnight and I walked in the gamestop seeing 10 or so musky nerds standing around the store at 5 o'clock!! I asked the guy if a game was coming out tonight and he said smg. I laughed and walked out the store. Monday night football was on too with my team playing so I could not relate to them at all. I remember on these boards when sunshine released and you guys defended it to no end. It's a game where u spray giggling flowers with a water gun!! Meh, to each his own I guess!BodyElite

You Sir, have a maturity complex. If buying a cartoony game makes you insecure, I wonder how fake your life really is.

there u cult members go again bashing others' opinions! Have fun jumping around space collecting smiling stars (how can mario even survive in space??) and please tell the smiling sun hey for me will ya?

what kind of question is "how can mario survive in space." it's a video game. it's like asking how can 5 androgynus teenagers in a JPRGs save the world by themselves :P
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

she speaks the truth but every sheep here will deny it. the graphics are ugly/ cartoonish

she even said the game would look better in a SD TV lololol.... well ya Wii is not made for HDTV

sillaris

You heard it here folks. Cartoonish = ugly.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
too cartoony? huh? this is mario. If it wasnt cartoony and abstract we wouldnt have planetoids. We would have tomb raider jumping.... /shudder
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#218 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

sillaris

Then how come all of My Wii Games look awesome on my HDTV? :?

Heck even the Virtual Console games look awesome.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 GreySeal9

too cartoony? huh? this is mario. If it wasnt cartoony and abstract we wouldnt have planetoids. We would have tomb raider jumping.... /shuddermetalisticpain

This is the thing. If the people that complain that Mario is too kiddy and cartoony were allowed to design the game's art style, it would be ****. A Mario game that isn't cartoony and/or had a deep story would be in such bad taste. It'd be grotesque IMO. It is perfect the way it is.

Avatar image for Captain_Lorelli
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Captain_Lorelli
Member since 2004 • 1078 Posts

I think alot of these posters are bitter damage control for the 10 SMG2 got here. It is ok, you can move on now.

Raiden004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#222 Raiden004
Member since 2009 • 1605 Posts

Its mario. What does she expect? Like some mature dark game with a story about conspiracy and betrayal? And violent attack moves to kill koopas like decapitation and sticky bombs?! Maybe it can run on the Unreal 3 engine or Cry Engine 2. :P What an idiot.

I bet she wanted this:http://czero.i906.com.my/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/mario-hardcore.jpg

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#223 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

the day I see a realistic mario game, I'm done with Nintendo. I don't have a Wii but plan on getting it for a couple games, which include NSMB Wii, Metroid Trilogy, and Galaxy 1 & 2.

Cartoon-like games are supposed to look this way. It's a platformer, no way is Mario supposed to be realistic or have mind-blowing graphics. The colors and levels are vibrant, that's what WE as the fans ask for and expect from Nintendo when they're developing a new Mario game. Once you start throwing in Quick-Time events, hack n' slash gameplay, and more adult centric themes - it's no longer the Mario series. I'm an adult but I don't mind reliving what I grew up on, plus it's good to see a new generation of kids being able to grow up with Mario and enjoy it.

nintend-man86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#224 nintend-man86
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

morgan webb is the glenn beck of the gaming press.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

I think alot of these posters are bitter damage control for the 10 SMG2 got here. It is ok, you can move on now.

Captain_Lorelli

I thought gamers are concerned about qualilty games in general regardless of platform. Alas, what we are seeing are not gamers by partisan fanboys.

I can imagine the outrage by the haters if Galaxy 2 wins GameSpot's Game of the Year award, as Mario would have ground pound Kratos, Commander Shepherd, and Master Chief for the second time (2007 was the first).

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#226 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
Never heard of her before but as soon as she uttered that she want more "adult" themes from a Mario game I will continue to not care about her and whatever second rate radio show she is on. I bet she went to Wall-E and complained on how the main character wasn't dubbed or subtitled and that it was too colourful. Give me a break, send this girl back to wherever she came from and keep her away from my ears.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#227 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Oh wait , someone dont like SMG2 and its an idiot?!! What about all sheeps that 3-4 years now bashing EVERY SINGLE AAA game obviously not on their platform? I mean , come on... Should we call all these people idiots? By your logic yes , though your logic is wrong. FACT
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#228 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
[QUOTE="AzatiS"]Oh wait , someone dont like SMG2 and its an idiot?!! What about all sheeps that 3-4 years now bashing EVERY SINGLE AAA game obviously not on their platform? I mean , come on... Should we call all these people idiots? By your logic yes , though your logic is wrong. FACT

You base a person's opinions on the logic behind them ,and frankly there isn't much behind her critique. Like I said, it's like complaining on Wall-E for being too cartoonish, it doesn't make any sense. It's a Mario game, not Grand Theft Mario: Galaxy Wars
nintend-man86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#229 nintend-man86
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
Oh wait , someone dont like SMG2 and its an idiot?!! What about all sheeps that 3-4 years now bashing EVERY SINGLE AAA game obviously not on their platform? I mean , come on... Should we call all these people idiots? By your logic yes , though your logic is wrong. FACTAzatiS
judging a game and critizing on completely ridiculous criteria and having zero credibility and experience in the video game world, makes that person a moron. regardless of what shes critizing. she could rant on halo or kill zone, she would still have zero ceridibilty. thus, she is an idiot
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#230 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
So no game is perfect in everyones eyes?! Stop the presses and alert the media!
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

She says the game looks to "cartoony,and colorful"?What game does she think shes playing?Mario cant look like call of duty because thats not the type of game it is.She is intitled to who own opinion and if she doesnt like the game thats fine but mario is and always has been a cartoon looking platformer.If your a platformer fan the mario series has always been great.Alot of people complained about sunshine and even though it wasnt the best in the series it was still damn good.Morgan also claims to be a big ratchet and clank fan but she doesnt think those games have a cartoony element?I have nothing against ratchet and clank,those games are awesome to but its the animation and look of that game and mario that adds so much to the enjoyment of those games.Mario and ranchet definatly have differences in gameplay but at the same time there very pixar looking games.

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts
She has an opinion is that a crime now? millerlight89
exactly. atleast she played the game to make an opinion unlike most here. funny how everything was all good until she made a comment about something teh nintendo Fanboys dont agree with and now shes a Fangirl,ugly,dumb,etc,etc. thats system wars for you.
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#234 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

The very first words out of her mouth are she sees why people like the game but it isn't for her. I hardly consider this some kind of bash fest.

Captain_Lorelli

She works for a game site/show, and she makes statements like "the graphics should be better" This is all the Wii can do and it looks as vibrant as many games from the HD twins. Idiotic statements are idiotic.

Maybe she is saying that the Wii hardware is poor and behind? Which isn't a wrong or invalid statement.
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]She has an opinion is that a crime now? forza420
exactly. atleast she played the game to make an opinion unlike most here. funny how everything was all good until she made a comment about something teh nintendo Fanboys dont agree with and now shes a Fangirl,ugly,dumb,etc,etc. thats system wars for you.

Thats how the world works. System wars is just a place that shows the worst of humanity at work.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#236 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

She didn't bash the game at all, it's just alot of adults doesn't like the look or the gameplay of Mario anymore and Im fine with that, that's something I find normal for people to be turned off by, Mario is intended for kids after all.

HAZE-Unit

If it's intended for kids, why is the game more challenging than God of War 3? I guess kids are better at games than adults huh? :?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

She didn't bash the game at all, it's just alot of adults doesn't like the look or the gameplay of Mario anymore and Im fine with that, that's something I find normal for people to be turned off by, Mario is intended for kids after all.

Bigboi500

If it's intended for kids, why is the game more challenging than God of War 3? I guess kids are better at games than adults huh? :?

its not, which is sad, I busted through mario galaxy in about 3-4 maybe 5 hours thats getting all the stars, it wasn't hard....I've not played galaxy 2 yet but I expect it to be much the same....through I found gow 1 and 2 to be easy and have yet to play gow 3...but they were harder then mario galaxy was.

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts

Who's Morgan Webb? black_tempest
this is morgan Webb. and if she told me the sky was purple or that Halo wasnt a FPS, i would believe her. :P

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#239 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

WilliamRLBaker

its not, which is sad, I busted through mario galaxy in about 3-4 maybe 5 hours thats getting all the stars, it wasn't hard....I've not played galaxy 2 yet but I expect it to be much the same....through I found gow 1 and 2 to be easy and have yet to play gow 3...but they were harder then mario galaxy was.

There's no way you got 120 stars in just 5 hours. :| You may have gotten the minimum 60 to beat Bowser, but that's not completing the game, or even getting to the challenging stars. GoW3 on normal is beyond easy.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I rather what would happen if kevin butler say this instead of morgan webb? would there be less flame on this thread. I do wonder

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
She has an opinion is that a crime now? millerlight89
You haven't met the Mario fanbase have you? Hint: They're more vicious than the most rabid lems, cows, and hermits combined. ;)
ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts
Why is she out of the Kitchen? :?
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#243 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Its just her opinion, people should relax.

I rather what would happen if kevin butler say this instead of morgan webb? would there be less flame on this thread. I do wonder

TheShadowLord07
I'm gonna go with more flame, I mean look at how long that other thread went and it was just a tweet on RDR's conversations.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I think SMG2 is overrated too. I mean the graphics are a little better than what the PS2 could do. I've seen better graphics on XBLA games really. I think Hardcore gaming is going awayfast because of Nintendo this gen. Also aren't you sick of Mario by now.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
I'm a big fan of SMG and SMG2, its the perfect game to play with the wife. As a hardcore gamer though, I take it for what it is. Morgan Webb definitely has a point, and even though I like the game, I agree with everything she said. You just gotta take the game for what it is- a Mario Platformer. I don't think it deserves the 2nd and 3rd spots as highest ranked games of all time, but people freaking love Mario so I can see how it happened.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#246 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
who gives a crap..
PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

Morgan Webb only has two things going for her but i will say she does look better with age. Xplay is a pretty bad joke but i do watch it every now and then. I don't think we should flame her too bad, the say stupid things on G4 regarding gaming all the time. They do seem to really dislike the wii, but maybe that is deserved as a game reviewer, hard to say.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

whats up with the bashing of girlfriends&spouses of members of this forums ? also even if morgan webb was "hotter" then the GFs or spouses of the members of this forum. how does that make her opinion valid ?

BTBAM127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 BTBAM127
Member since 2006 • 2522 Posts

*takes a note* never say your sick of mario.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#250 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
The same ***** that said SMG1 insults your adulthood?