Morgan Webb Bashes SMG2 Vid Included

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#251 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

[QUOTE="MangaJ"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Nobody special.

Bigboi500

Some chick on tv who's way hotter than any of our girlfriends will ever be. Thus her opinion isn't valid.

Joke post? My girl makes Morgan Webb look like an old hag.

Haha. he thinks Morgan Webb is hot. Just like the people who think Megan Fox. Pam Anderson, and Olivia Munn are hot, they're delightfully average women with make up on. Plus Morgan Webb has a severe case of man jaw and her body... yeah, not that hot at all. Plus she seems like one of those annoying chicks that would do anything just to be one of the guys, even if it means sounding as moronic as the average man.
DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#252 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

And to clarify, take your TV/Movie fame goggles off, there are way more better looking normal everyday women than most famous women.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#253 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

The same ***** that said SMG1 insults your adulthood?SaltyMeatballs

What's funny, is that some guy on cracked.com said that it's actually games like God of War that insult your adulthood, given that they try to entertain the gamer with lesbian fondling sessions and such. That kind of implies that the developers perceive the gamer as some kind of frustrated teenager who thinks all women are a giggling pair of boobs with a mouth attached to it. While I love the God of War games for what they are, I think he has a better point than all those insecure teenagers and adolescents who claim Nintendo is 'kiddie' because they appeal to everyone instead of just some sexually confused basement dwellers.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#254 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

I guess this topic has gone from talking about Morgan Webb's comments to talk about Morgan Webb's looks :?

Anyways she has a point. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people here who are tired of Mario. For the record she's not blaming the Wii for the graphics. Also about her looks. I've already discovered that people here at GS have extremely high standards for women. She looks pretty good to me.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#255 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
Who's Morgan Webb? black_tempest
some goth chick from G4 Tv, the channel lost all importance once it stopped being tech Tv
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

How surprising, an adult doesn't like SMG2. How could this be?!?!?!

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

I guess this topic has gone from talking about Morgan Webb's comments to talk about Morgan Webb's looks :?

Anyways she has a point. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people here who are tired of Mario. For the record she's not blaming the Wii for the graphics. Also about her looks. I've already discovered that people here at GS have extremely high standards for women. She looks pretty good to me.

mrmusicman247

This is such bs, you can be tired of the character Mario, but the gameplay? get real

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]

kontejner44

This is such bs, you can be tired of the character Mario, but the gameplay? get real

Why can't a person be tired of the gameplay?
kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 kontejner44

[QUOTE="kontejner44"]

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]

mrmusicman247

You can be tired of the platformer genre, but there is nothing in SMG2, that you can be" tired of", because it's brand new, generation wise, sure there's lots from SMG1.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="kontejner44"]

kontejner44

You can be tired of the platformer genre, but there is nothing in SMG2, that you can be" tired of", because it's brand new, generation wise, sure there's lots from SMG1.

Then I guess she's just tired of Mario.
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

I think the graphics are incredible...

Who would want Mario to be ultra realistic in HD? I know I wouldn't...

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#263 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
If it's too colourful turn the colour down the the TV. :|

Damn her for having an opinion! I haven't played it so I can't comment, but mario sunshine was pretty grating on the "cuteness" factor.

topgunmv
Her opinion was badly put, she didn't even know what to say, but we could all tell she just wanted to say the word "kiddy". JUST SAY IT! Don't beat around the bush.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#264 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Oh Morgan, you shouldn't have said cartoony because now your rant is nothing but pure bashing.

In all seriousness, like just about everything else, i think systemwars is make a bigger deal than it really is. The vid can be summed up as Morgan saying she's just not into Mario anymore.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Lionheart08

If it's too colourful turn the colour down the the TV. :| [QUOTE="topgunmv"]

Damn her for having an opinion! I haven't played it so I can't comment, but mario sunshine was pretty grating on the "cuteness" factor.

SaltyMeatballs

Her opinion was badly put, she didn't even know what to say, but we could all tell she just wanted to say the word "kiddy". JUST SAY IT! Don't beat around the bush.

Well you saw her catch herself saying adult. It's hard saying your true opinion because fanboys will crucify you for the slightest misstep.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

EDIT : After watching the full vid, its just her opinion, so..

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 kontejner44

Oh Morgan, you shouldn't have said cartoony because now your rant is nothing but pure bashing.

In all seriousness, like just about everything else, i think systemwars is make a bigger deal than it really is. The vid can be summed up as Morgan saying she's just not into Mario anymore.

Lionheart08

That's equivalent of saying she's not into platformers anymore, because gaming is not about presentation, it's about gameplay. They asked her the question, "gameplay wise, how was it?" she didn't answer.. "Well I guess it's alright and all that...... but! it's too kiddy"

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 kontejner44

[QUOTE="kontejner44"]

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"] Why can't a person be tired of the gameplay? mrmusicman247

How can you be tired of a character model, when gaming is mostly abut gameplay? I wouldn't care less if I was controling a white square

If you are going to discuss Nintendo games, be sure not to neglect gameplay like she did, because that's what they are made for.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="kontejner44"]

kontejner44

How can you be tired of a character model, when gaming is mostly abut gameplay? I wouldn't care less if I was controling a white square

If you are going to discuss Nintendo games, be sure not to neglect gameplay like she did, because that's what they are made for.

Maybe its like Call of Duty for some people. After the first 4 games people got tired of it. For Mario its on a grander scale. It may have taken a lot longer, but people can get tired of Mario.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#270 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
"Cartoony" graphics was a pretty bad reason to not like the game. My respect for her as a gaming journalist has declined....even more.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 surrealnumber5

LMAO @ some of you getting mad. "she doesn't wike mawio, she's not a weal gaymer" you sound like a bunch of little girls, quit crying and let the woman have her opinion. jesus christ.

lazerface216
let her have hers but others cant have theirs, sounds more then a bit hypocritical
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

LMAO @ some of you getting mad. "she doesn't wike mawio, she's not a weal gaymer" you sound like a bunch of little girls, quit crying and let the woman have her opinion. jesus christ.

surrealnumber5

let her have hers but others cant have theirs, sounds more then a bit hypocritical

yeah, but she's not here to debate or defend her opinion. everyone else is just crying and hurling insults.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Who's Morgan Webb?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#275 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

yeah, but she's not here to debate or defend her opinion. everyone else is just crying and hurling insults.

And this matters why?

I mean, I'll agree that some people in this thread went way over the top with some of ad hominems, but there is nothing wrong with saying that her opinion is stupid. Because it is. Saying it should be more "3D" and giving the Mario DS RPGS a pass on the things she doesn't like about SMG2 is staight-up ridiculous.

AlphaJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 AlphaJC
Member since 2010 • 712 Posts
i like the chick complaining that the Wii looks jagged but that what you ge when you buy an HD tv for a NON HD console, same thing happens woth games that aren't in HD resolution they look jagged. ultra face palm.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 SaltyMeatballs

http://www.playcloths.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg

You know it's true when you can't even explain why you don't like it. Sure, teh colours. Get a black and white TV.

"buh it's her opinion". Yeah, because we have to accept all opinions.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-5/osama-bin-laden.jpg

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

who was there to defend SMG when she was bashing it?
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Lionheart08

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

kontejner44

That's equivalent of saying she's not into platformers anymore, because gaming is not about presentation, it's about gameplay. They asked her the question, "gameplay wise, how was it?" she didn't answer.. "Well I guess it's alright and all that...... but! it's too kiddy"

In other words it sounded like she wasn't into the game. Yeah, she could've used better words to describe her feelings instead of adult or kiddy, but just the same it's not a crime to notlike Mario.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Lionheart08

"buh it's her opinion". Yeah, because we have to accept all opinions.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-5/osama-bin-laden.jpg

SaltyMeatballs

Guess we shouldn't accept that opinion then because it's asinine.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

lol nobody has to "accept" her opinion, it's not like she's bashing the gameplay or anything, she gave it a 5 out of 5 for christ's sake. she's obviously just tired of the same old mario look. personally, i disagree with her, i love the look and design of the SMG games but that's my opinion. she obviously disagrees. i'm not gonna cry about and question her gamer credentials though...

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 GreySeal9

lol nobody has to "accept" her opinion, it's not like she's bashing the gameplay or anything, she gave it a 5 out of 5 for christ's sake. she's obviously just tired of the same old mario look. personally, i disagree with her, i love the look and design of the SMG games but that's my opinion. she obviously disagrees. i'm not gonna cry about and question her gamer credentials though...

lazerface216

I don't think she reviewed the game. I think it was somebody else.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#283 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
morgan webb is an idiot
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

this comment on the site made me lol

"Well we all know girl gamers don't exist, so whatever."

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
OH GOD someone has a different opinion than us, let's immediately close our eyes and ears, "LAA LAA LAAA LAA LAAAAA", and bash her, call her "fat", "stupid", whatever suits... :roll: People have different opinions. I appreciate that SMG2 is a great game, and for people that are into it it might be the greatest thing ever. Personally I would like to play it, but I'm not going to go out of my way. It just doesn't get me excited. This doesn't mean I'm bashing the game or hate it, I'm just not really interested. No need to jump down some pundit/show-host's throat because she doesn't love your cherished little title as much as you. Perspective, people. Plus, Morgan Webb is hotter than all of you combined, she can hate whatever she wants. 8)
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="black_tempest"]Who's Morgan Webb? surrealnumber5
some goth chick from G4 Tv, the channel lost all importance once it stopped being tech Tv

It merged with Tech Tv G4 was awesome until they merged. Tech Tv was awesome until they merged. But it is weird that the 2 shows from that time still on G4 are shows that originated on Tech Tv while the shows I loved on G4 are all cancelled.

I blame the owner of G4 and Tech Tv who wants G4 to be more like Spike Tv.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Lionheart08

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="black_tempest"]Who's Morgan Webb? Nintendo_Ownes7

It merged with Tech Tv G4 was awesome until they merged. Tech Tv was awesome until they merged. But it is weird that the 2 shows from that time still on G4 are shows that originated on Tech Tv while the shows I loved on G4 are all cancelled.

I blame the owner of G4 and Tech Tv who wants G4 to be more like Spike Tv.

I never understood why they put shows like Cops and Cheaters on that station.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Guys, she isn't bashing the game. Never once did she say the game was bad or poorly made. She only says that she's "done the Mario nostalgia thing before." It's just an opinion like any of ours. :?
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 GreySeal9

Guys, she isn't bashing the game. Never once did she say the game was bad or poorly made. She only says that she's "done the Mario nostalgia thing before." It's just an opinion like any of ours. :?NAPK1NS

Though I agree that she didn't bash and she doesn't deserve some of the comments that are being made, that is definitely not all she said. She basically went down the "it's kiddy" route. Again, it's not a comment she should be bashed for, but it's not a particularly intelligent opinion.

Avatar image for Captain_Lorelli
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Captain_Lorelli
Member since 2004 • 1078 Posts

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Guys, she isn't bashing the game. Never once did she say the game was bad or poorly made. She only says that she's "done the Mario nostalgia thing before." It's just an opinion like any of ours. :?GreySeal9

Though I agree that she didn't bash and she doesn't deserve some of the comments that are being made, that is definitely not all she said. She basically went down the "it's kiddy" route. Again, it's not a comment she should be bashed for, but it's not a particularly intelligent opinion.

The moment her and that other woman started comparing SMG2's graphics to the DS Mario's, was the start of blind senseless bashing. She says cartoony 3 times in 20 seconds and putters around on her words for the enitre shoot. What a great journalist....

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I love the fanboys getting riled up here.

She didn't bash it and I totally agree with her overall opinion of being sick of Mario.

I really think Nintendo needs to start getting creative again......

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Hahadouken
Guys, she isn't bashing the game. Never once did she say the game was bad or poorly made. She only says that she's "done the Mario nostalgia thing before." It's just an opinion like any of ours. :?NAPK1NS
You forget NAPKINS, when a fanboy luuuuuurves a game they can't handle it when someone else doesn't, especially in the case of Ninty nostalgia franchises. I don't know why people need their opinions constantly validated by different people on a daily basis. If you love SMG2, awesome, go play it. Why try and convince everyone in the world that their OPINION is "wrong". It's a waste of time and effort.

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Guys, she isn't bashing the game. Never once did she say the game was bad or poorly made. She only says that she's "done the Mario nostalgia thing before." It's just an opinion like any of ours. :?GreySeal9

Who cares if she thinks it's kiddy? Maybe to her, kiddy drives her up the wall the way characters like Vanille drive me up the wall. If something being "kiddy" isn't a detriment to your ability to enjoy a game, that's fine, but it is to her. It doesn't "lack intelligence", it's a freaking opinion.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Hahadouken

She didn't bash it and I totally agree with her overall opinion of being sick of Mario.

LostProphetFLCL
Bingo! I agree... and here's your flame shield. ;)
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#294 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Guys, she isn't bashing the game. Never once did she say the game was bad or poorly made. She only says that she's "done the Mario nostalgia thing before." It's just an opinion like any of ours. :?Captain_Lorelli

The moment her and that other woman started comparing SMG2's graphics to the DS Mario's, was the start of blind senseless bashing. She says cartoony 3 times in 20 seconds and putters around on her words for the enitre shoot. What a great journalist....

Obviously, she isn't as quick on her feet when she's put on the spot. Some people are like that. When she does X-Play, or "A minute with Morgan Webb" she has a script, she's rehearsed, she knows what she's going to say and she does it with very few hitches. But this was a live radio show, so she probably stumbled over her words a bit looking for the proper ones to describe her thoughts.

Really, I wish people would give her a break. Not because she's a girl, not because she's attractive, but because she's a human being that should be allowed to be human without others beating their hamfists against their keyboards in rage.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Guys, she isn't bashing the game. Never once did she say the game was bad or poorly made. She only says that she's "done the Mario nostalgia thing before." It's just an opinion like any of ours. :?Captain_Lorelli

It's a podcast, a discussion, they aren't shooting a CNN live update. Do you hold Giant Bomb podcasts to the same journalistic standards? Cuz that's what this is, just on film.
Rudy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Rudy25
Member since 2003 • 2001 Posts

Watched the video. She's not bashing it, she's simply saying she's pretty much moved on as a gamer and wants something more mature.

PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
[QUOTE="Greyfeld"]

[QUOTE="Captain_Lorelli"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Obviously, she isn't as quick on her feet when she's put on the spot. Some people are like that. When she does X-Play, or "A minute with Morgan Webb" she has a script, she's rehearsed, she knows what she's going to say and she does it with very few hitches. But this was a live radio show, so she probably stumbled over her words a bit looking for the proper ones to describe her thoughts.

Really, I wish people would give her a break. Not because she's a girl, not because she's attractive, but because she's a human being that should be allowed to be human without others beating their hamfists against their keyboards in rage.

Yeah lets give her a pass....she is human after all LOL
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

Hahadouken

Bingo! I agree... and here's your flame shield. ;)

Why thank you! It is purty!

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 SaltyMeatballs

Don't care if she's human.

If anyone else came to SW and wrote what she said, they would get bashed. People are trying to mold her opinion to meet their own. Which is what I'm seeing a lot in this thread.

To me it just seemed like she was calling it kiddy.

LostProphetFLCL

Most people would think that SMG2 was very creative, Gamespot even says it's the new standard for platformers. You can't do that by being generic.

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

15 pages of pure nintendo butthurt. Feels good to have a pro-reviewer come and and have an honest opinion, not a payed off one.

More power to ya , Webb.