Morgan Webb Bashes SMG2 Vid Included

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Captain_Lorelli
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Captain_Lorelli
Member since 2004 • 1078 Posts

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125812

She spouts on about how the graphics are not good enough and how the game is too cartoony, childish and colorful. Where have I heard this before...Oh yea her statements about SMG1 two years ago. Maturity complex activate!!!!

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Why does she have to open her fat mouth? This is going to make Adam Sessler look bad. :(
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
What else do you expect from G4?
black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
Who's Morgan Webb?
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

The very first words out of her mouth are she sees why people like the game but it isn't for her. I hardly consider this some kind of bash fest.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Who's Morgan Webb? black_tempest
Nobody special.

Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Captain_Lorelli

The very first words out of her mouth are she sees why people like the game but it isn't for her. I hardly consider this some kind of bash fest.

Vaasman

She works for a game site/show, and she makes statements like "the graphics should be better" This is all the Wii can do and it looks as vibrant as many games from the HD twins. Idiotic statements are idiotic.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

graphics are fine. I bash the game for other reasons. Graphics, Sound, among other aspects are top notch.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
lol wut? People care about G4 anymore? I stopped caring when the majority of their schedule turned into COPS and Cheaters. They are now just a SPIKE TV rip-off. With X-play being their only gaming show anymore, which has also turned out pretty bad. Trust me I loved G4 when I was a kid, watching all those tech shows (like Call For Help, Screen Savers etc.)
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
She has an opinion is that a crime now?
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

Morgan, 1991 called, they want their sega fanboyism back

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Captain_Lorelli

She works for a game site/show, and she makes statements like "the graphics should be better" This is all the Wii can do and it looks as vibrant as many games form the HD twins. Idiotic statements are idiotic.

The only idiotic statement here is the one calling someone's opinion on a game idiotic just because they disagree with the majority. Yes the game got a 10/10 but that doesn't mean every single person will think it's the ****

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
Who's Morgan Webb? black_tempest
Someone I would stick it to ;)
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

I see (hear) an opinion.

not a mindless bashing.

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 MangaJ
Member since 2008 • 1435 Posts

[QUOTE="black_tempest"]Who's Morgan Webb? Bigboi500

Nobody special.

Some chick on tv who's way hotter than any of our girlfriends will ever be. Thus her opinion isn't valid.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="black_tempest"]Who's Morgan Webb? Randoggy
Someone I would stick it to ;)

she gets hotter every year;)

she used to look like an Emo back in 2003-2005.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Sounds like she is a hardcore gamer

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nhh18

She has an opinion is that a crime now? millerlight89
Her opinion is more fanboyism than reasonable.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Damn her for having an opinion! I haven't played it so I can't comment, but mario sunshine was pretty grating on the "cuteness" factor.

Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="Captain_Lorelli"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Vaasman

She works for a game site/show, and she makes statements like "the graphics should be better" This is all the Wii can do and it looks as vibrant as many games form the HD twins. Idiotic statements are idiotic.

The only idiotic statement here is the one calling someone's opinion on a game idiotic just because they disagree with the majority. Yes the game got a 10/10 but that doesn't mean every single person will think it's the ****

I'm going to stop replying now before this turns into a pointless name calling fest. Besides, it is my opinion that her opinion is wrong..idiotic right..?

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Well, they gave it a 5/5....just an opinion.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="black_tempest"]Who's Morgan Webb? MangaJ

Nobody special.

Some chick on tv who's way hotter than any of our girlfriends will ever be. Thus her opinion isn't valid.

Joke post? My girl makes Morgan Webb look like an old hag.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

She's not bashing it. She's expressing her opinion.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Captain_Lorelli

I'm going to stop replying now before this turns into a pointless name calling fest. Besides, it is my opinion that her opinion is wrong..idiotic right..?

Yep.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I like old school Morgan more and I mean by looks only shes getting a bit old imo. Actually I never liked her on xplay as in her opinion distracted Adam from doing his job and turned the show into a joke. Extended play was better when Adam Sessler hosted it alone for a while.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Randoggy

[QUOTE="MangaJ"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Nobody special.

Bigboi500

Pics please.
MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MangaJ

[QUOTE="MangaJ"]

Bigboi500

I bet she does.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

Damn her for having an opinion! I haven't played it so I can't comment, but mario sunshine was pretty grating on the "cuteness" factor.

topgunmv

*shrugs* goes with the territory of being high-profile

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nhh18

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

Captain_Lorelli

An opinion can be sophmoric and senseless.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="MangaJ"]

Bigboi500

Same.
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]The only idiotic statement here is the one calling someone's opinion on a game idiotic just because they disagree with the majority. Yes the game got a 10/10 but that doesn't mean every single person will think it's the ****

Vaasman

Yep.

Grats, your Epeen just extended 3 inches..:)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="MangaJ"]

Randoggy

Pics please.

She'd drop me like a hot potato if I were to post pics of her online. This isn't that other website you know. ;) You'll just have to take my word for it.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Relax people, I was under the impression that people, even those who work on videogame TV, are allowed to express their opinions. You all act like what shesaid is a crime for crying out loud!

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MangaJ

Right I was joking, obviously. This is the internet, where we all have insanely hot girlfriends who totally think we're awesome, and when we're not making out with them or playing video games, we're practicing various forms of martial arts that we've mastered.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nhh18

Relax people, I was under the impression that people, even those who work on videogame TV, are allowed to express their opinions. You all act like what shesaid is a crime for crying out loud!

jamejame

She basically complained about super mario having an art style that basically exists for 15 years. This is debating the artstyle in a halo game, or world of warcraft. Franchises tend to have core aspects that are similar. Her opinion is dumb. Her opinion is purely baseless rambles about why she didn't enjoy the game. Should someone make sense when talking about a game and why they don't like it. Or just say I don't like it because it is a super mario game. Which she just said.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

Right I was joking, obviously. This is the internet, where we all have insanely hot girlfriends who totally think we're awesome, and when we're not making out with them or playing video games, we're practicing various forms of martial arts that we've mastered.

MangaJ
lol, all he said was that he had a hot girlfriend, which might be true.
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

nhh18

She basically complained about super mario having an art style that was basically exists for 15 years. This is debating the artstyle in a halo game. Among other aspects. It isn't nostalgia. It isn't any of these aspects. Her opinion is purely baseless rambles about why she didn't enjoy the game. Should someone make sense when talking about a game and why they don't like it. Or just say I don't like it because it is a super mario game. Which she just said.

^ Exactly.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

nhh18

She basically complained about super mario having an art style that basically exists for 15 years. This is debating the artstyle in a halo game, or world of warcraft. Franchises tend to have core aspects that are similar. Her opinion is dumb. Her opinion is purely baseless rambles about why she didn't enjoy the game. Should someone make sense when talking about a game and why they don't like it. Or just say I don't like it because it is a super mario game. Which she just said.

She didn't bash the game, she simply stated why she personally can't get into it. She even acknowledges it as a 5 out of 5 game that's just not for her. I don't see the problem here.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#39 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
It's one thing to have a honest opinion that is well researched and professional, but it's another to have an opinion that comes off as juvenile. Whether or not Morgan Webb is just stating it because her target audience happens to be teenage boys with hormone overloads or she's just playing Devil's Advocate to tick people off and get people to listen on the air, it's poorly done and it is a complete disgrace to Gaming Journalism as a whole, let alone actual Journalism itself.
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

jamejame

She didn't bash the game, she simply stated why she personally can't get into it. She even acknowledges it as a 5 out of 5 game that's just not for her. I don't see the problem here.

She says "it needs to be more adult" then catches herself. Maturity complex confirmed.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

It may be her opinion, but she seriously sounds dumb when saying it.

"*large sigh* buuuut tehhh greaphiciooijcoisj!!1 and the kiiididydidiyyy *larger sigh*"

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MangaJ

[QUOTE="MangaJ"]

gaming25

lol, all he said was that he had a hot girlfriend, which might be true.

What, you think I'm not being serious? Dude, I know that you know that I know that if the two of us stood in a public place and flexed our muscles while doing a joint karate kick into the sky, every hot girl within a 200 mile radius would become pregnant with our babies.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Randoggy

[QUOTE="Randoggy"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Joke post? My girl makes Morgan Webb look like an old hag.

Bigboi500

Pics please.

She'd drop me like a hot potato if I were to post pics of her online. This isn't that other website you know. ;) You'll just have to take my word for it.

What she don't know won't hurt her my friend haha.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

....lol at their technological iliteracy. Graphics not good enough? Pop out the SDTV? Jesus crysis man SMG is one of the most shader intensive games on the wii. There is EMBM's all over the place, and practically everything, EVERYTHING!!! has a falloffshader. its not even funny. and why is everyone always giving reerence to 1080i like.....they dont even know what that means. all they associote 1080 with is "nice and clear". 1080i isnt even the highest level for standard HD resolutions. They dont even know what the "i" stands for.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gaming25

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

jamejame

She didn't bash the game, she simply stated why she personallycan't get into it. She even acknowledges it as a 5 out of 5 game that's just not for her. I don't see the problem here.

Her excuses for not liking the game were rants. Although I agree that it wasnt as bad as the person on that site made it out to be, she was bashing a formula that has been in all the SMG and acting if it were somehow unexpected. She was making excuses with useless information.
JonSnow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JonSnow777
Member since 2009 • 787 Posts

[QUOTE="MangaJ"]

Bigboi500

Your girlfriend is obviously Olivia Munn then.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

:lol:Well at least it made me laugh. Gaming Journalism at it's best!

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nhh18

the game is definitely not as good as super mario galaxy. Though, the reasons are that it really wasn't as fresh or new. And then made the game boring because it was a linear game, and really got rid of completely the exploration. Then there are the 40 or so stars that are mini games, the prankster stars which repeat what you did. The game was definitely worse than super mario galaxy 1. I don't understand the critic score or anything like that because I couldn't get into the game not because of the art style (which I felt was rehashed) or music but more to do that the game wasn't as good.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gaming25
[QUOTE="JonSnow777"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Joke post? My girl makes Morgan Webb look like an old hag.

Randoggy

Your girlfriend is obviously Olivia Munn then.

Oh man, the THINGS I WOULD DO to stick a finger down the crack of that ass.

Like........ sticking a finger down the crack of an ass? EWWWWW