Morgan Webb Bashes SMG2 Vid Included

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

[QUOTE="Mark36111"]

Preferring games with more elaborate themes and technically impressive graphics is not fanboyism just because a particular console lacks games that suit these preferences. One can disagree with her opinion and hold different preferences, but nothing she said is unreasonable. Webb went as far as to say that she comprehends why certain people will like the game, just that she is not one of them. Complaining about her stance betrays someone who is insufficiently mature to deal with the fact that their likes and dislikes are not universally held.

Mark36111

I can deal with it if she used better reasoning but she didn't. I have seen people on System Wars not like the game and I can respect that because they offer great insight and reasoning to explain. However, Morgan Webb's reasons of being too cartoony, not mature, not HD, sounds like something a fanboy would say. In other words the "kiddy" argument.

Again, there's nothing unreasonable about preferring non-cartoony, "mature," HD games to cartoony, "immature," SD games. No, there isn't any insight or logic as to why one might hold these preferences, nor is there any to justify those to the contrary. There doesn't need to be. I like the color blue better than the color red. Am I supposed to be able to produce logical support whenever circumstances arise to express this opinion?

In some situations yes. I can easily express my opinion on games but if they lack any reasoning then people will call me out and furthermore, it would just be an opinion. Morgan Webb is part of a show that reviews games and should provide better reasoning as to why she does not like SMG2. Can I not call her out on it? This is afterall a gaming forum.

Furthermore comparing colors is too broad. Comparing games is sometimes not as broad.

In addition, I can say Ocarina of Time is overrated but if I just said that without giving an explanation that is reasonable, then my opinion is weak and people will not take it seriously.

Lastly, everyone has opinions but stating that "it's my opinion" is sort of a cop out, the easy way out and obvious.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Wait so G4 is still relevant now? I thought we stopped caring about them after their new owner changed everything o..why do you care about her opinion?

Its her opinion and her opinion is different so what?

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

The real story here is that Skip said he pretty much hated Killzone 2 in this episode. My thoughts -

1. Skip isn't attractive
  2. All the people at G4 who agree with him stink.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

[QUOTE="Randoggy"][QUOTE="JonSnow777"]

Your girlfriend is obviously Olivia Munn then.

gaming25

Oh man, the THINGS I WOULD DO to stick a finger down the crack of that ass.

Like........ sticking a finger down the crack of an ass? EWWWWW

What? Are you twelve or something? Girls scare you? Ain't nothing wrong with a booty.

chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 chrion133
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

....lol at their technological iliteracy. Graphics not good enough? Pop out the SDTV? Jesus crysis man SMG is one of the most shader intensive games on the wii. There is EMBM's all over the place, and practically everything, EVERYTHING!!! has a falloffshader. its not even funny. and why is everyone always giving reerence to 1080i like.....they dont even know what that means. all they associote 1080 with is "nice and clear". 1080i isnt even the highest level for standard HD resolutions. They dont even know what the "i" stands for.

Midnightshade29

Wii doesn't have shaders first off. It uses texture combiners on fixed functions supped up gamecube hardware to simulate some pixel shader effects. The xbox 1 had pixel shaders the gamecube and the wii don't. Fixed function hardware == geforce 2 level gfx.

That and what she said about her Hdtv making the jaggies pop out like a sore thumb made absolute perfect sense and showed that she knew exactly what she was talking about. How can you say "lol at their technological iliteracy" when it makes perfect sense and is technically and factually correct?

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

I don't respect her opinion because her opinion isn't backed up by anything but prejudices. Like I said her whole complaint about the game is that it is a mario game. Probably one of the most fanboyish opinions around,

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"] It's INTENDED for everyone. The game is just about having fun. It's also too difficult for most children to get all the stars, I would imagine. Perhaps not. kansasdude2009

So you are going to argue with me with a losing argument? first and foremost it is intended for kids, everyone else comes secondary.

It's not a losing argument as the intended audience is, first and foremost, in the rating on the box -- E for everyone. Second, there are several quotes of Miyamoto stating that this is his making of a core game for core gamers. I can procure those interviews if you really need them. In your case, you have nothing but your opinion.

ofcourse everyone "can" play Mario that's the message of ESRB, it tells adults if games are suitable for kids or not, if they can or can not play specific games :?

Forms of entertainment like Mario, Zelda, UP, WALL-E, Alice in Wonderland....etc are intended for the kids to enjoy and then everyone else, if you really think what drives the sales of such products are the adults who are in their 20s and above then you are mistaken.

And what does Mario being a core game has anything to do with what Im saying?

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

So you are going to argue with me with a losing argument? first and foremost it is intended for kids, everyone else comes secondary.

HAZE-Unit

It's not a losing argument as the intended audience is, first and foremost, in the rating on the box -- E for everyone. Second, there are several quotes of Miyamoto stating that this is his making of a core game for core gamers. I can procure those interviews if you really need them. In your case, you have nothing but your opinion.

ofcourse everyone "can" play Mario that's the message of ESRB, it tells adults if games are suitable for kids or not, if they can or can not play specific games :?

Forms of entertainment like Mario, Zelda, UP, WALL-E, Alice in Wonderland....etc are intended for the kids to enjoy and then everyone else, if you really think what drives the sales of such products are the adults who are in their 20s and above then you are mistaken.

charlie and chocolate factory is the greatest movie ever.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
i can't believe how people are reacting to this. It's her own opinion about the game
p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

Goes to show you how stupid she really his. "I want it to be more 3d" WTF?

Avatar image for Captain_Lorelli
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Captain_Lorelli
Member since 2004 • 1078 Posts

Goes to show you how stupid she really his. "I want it to be more 3d" WTF?

p3anut

She wants Ratchet and Clank 3D on PS3 3D. Isn't it obvious....In her opinion Crack in time > SMG.........

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#113 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I sense a Sessler Soap Box is coming.

Mark36111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Mark36111
Member since 2004 • 563 Posts

[QUOTE="Mark36111"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

I can deal with it if she used better reasoning but she didn't. I have seen people on System Wars not like the game and I can respect that because they offer great insight and reasoning to explain. However, Morgan Webb's reasons of being too cartoony, not mature, not HD, sounds like something a fanboy would say. In other words the "kiddy" argument.

Seabas989

Again, there's nothing unreasonable about preferring non-cartoony, "mature," HD games to cartoony, "immature," SD games. No, there isn't any insight or logic as to why one might hold these preferences, nor is there any to justify those to the contrary. There doesn't need to be. I like the color blue better than the color red. Am I supposed to be able to produce logical support whenever circumstances arise to express this opinion?

In some situations yes. I can easily express my opinion on games but if they lack any reasoning then people will call me out and furthermore, it would just be an opinion. Morgan Webb is part of a show that reviews games and should provide better reasoning as to why she does not like SMG2. Can I not call her out on it? This is afterall a gaming forum.

Furthermore comparing colors is too broad. Comparing games is sometimes not as broad.

In addition, I can say Ocarina of Time is overrated but if I just said that without giving an explanation that is reasonable, then my opinion is weak and people will not take it seriously.

Lastly, everyone has opinions but stating that "it's my opinion" is sort of a cop out, the easy way out and obvious.

She did provide reasoning and explanation as to why she doesn't like the game. You just don't approve of it.

Her preferences are such that she likes non-cartoony, "mature," HD games. These preferences are no less legitimate than any others, so I fail to see what everyone's complaint is.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

It's G4........ look at their crysis review if you want to know why people ignore them.

Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

[QUOTE="Mark36111"]

Mark36111

She did provide reasoning and explanation as to why she doesn't like the game. You just don't approve of it.

Her preferences are such that she likes non-cartoony, "mature," HD games. These preferences are no less legitimate than any others, so I fail to see what everyone's complaint is.

You're right. " It its justt to.too. cart cartonny.. I..I.. it is just not adult enough it is insipid" Basically it doesn't have guns and isn't a PS3 exclusive.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"] It's not a losing argument as the intended audience is, first and foremost, in the rating on the box -- E for everyone. Second, there are several quotes of Miyamoto stating that this is his making of a core game for core gamers. I can procure those interviews if you really need them. In your case, you have nothing but your opinion. nhh18

charlie and chocolate factory is the greatest movie ever.

okeey so what's your point exactly?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LegatoSkyheart

I love how she wants it to be more realistic. Although she Catches herself because she knows it's a Mario game. I also love how she and that other chick said that the game was DS Graphics.

L.O.L.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#119 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

[QUOTE="Mark36111"]

Mark36111

Not really. She likes Ratchet and Clank and likes the Mario RPGs, like the ones on the handhelds. These games have cartoony graphics.

However, using the "kiddy" argument is not reasoning at all. That is like me saying I hate the movie Up! because it's too cartoony and not mature and kiddy. I enjoyed the movie just like I enjoyed SMG 2. Besides she should know by now that the Wii is not an HD so was she expecting it?

But hey like I said her opinion is not a respectable one and I have seen some users on this site that give better reasoning to not like the game but I can respect there opinions because they have better reasons, such as how it is not as good as the first, or ow the game's soundtrack could have been better, or how it was too linear.

EDIT: SMG 2 is not an HD but having component cables help if you only have an HD tv.

Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Captain_Lorelli

I love how she wants it to be more realistic. Although she Catches herself because she knows it's a Mario game. I also love how she and that other chick said that the game was DS Graphics.

L.O.L.

LegatoSkyheart

^ The DS comment makes me wonder how some of you agree with her. This is not an opinion, it is completely random and 100% wrong.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
When I saw the commercial I thought the game was a joke. I'm 23 so games that target kids clearly won't interest me, but the graphics and gsmeplay simply looked horrid! Then I come on here and see that it scored a 10, I couldn't believe it. It's funny how grown men (I'm guessing most of you are above 16 years old) defend this game which is meant mainly for kids with endless emotion. I just don't get it... I'm a grown man. Leave the super colorful, smiling platformers for the kids and girls. It probably deserves a 10, but it still is a kids game
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

The very first words out of her mouth are she sees why people like the game but it isn't for her. I hardly consider this some kind of bash fest.

Captain_Lorelli

She works for a game site/show, and she makes statements like "the graphics should be better" This is all the Wii can do and it looks as vibrant as many games from the HD twins. Idiotic statements are idiotic.

She's obviously got different opinions on games, but calling her an idiot is a bit far. I looked her up on Wikipedia, apparently she went to UC Berkeley... I don't call that an idiot. With that knowledge she should do something else though.... she's just pissing people off.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts
[QUOTE="BodyElite"]When I saw the commercial I thought the game was a joke. I'm 23 so games that target kids clearly won't interest me, but the graphics and gsmeplay simply looked horrid! Then I come on here and see that it scored a 10, I couldn't believe it. It's funny how grown men (I'm guessing most of you are above 16 years old) defend this game which is meant mainly for kids with endless emotion. I just don't get it... I'm a grown man. Leave the super colorful, smiling platformers for the kids and girls. It probably deserves a 10, but it still is a kids game

This post just made me depressed. Are you telling me that past the age of 20 you can't enjoy a game that also appeals to kids? Wow.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

L.O.L.

Captain_Lorelli

^ The DS comment makes me wonder how some of you agree with her. This is not an opinion, it is completely random and 100% wrong.

It's a video about graphics. She is simply hating on the graphics, even the other guy that is picking up for SMG is making her complaints look really petty, you can tell even adam doesn't quite agree with her but doesn't want to say it outright.

What I also found hilarious is that she complained about it yet gave it a perfect score and then comes to say it isn't for everyone.. says alot about xplay review/scores :P

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Yes, she's only stating her opinion. Too bad it's ridiculous.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

L.O.L.

Captain_Lorelli

for the record...I was being sarcastic. the lol was real though because she was absolutely ridiculous. It was obvious Sessler liked the game.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
People still care about G4?
chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 chrion133

[QUOTE="Mark36111"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Captain_Lorelli

You're right. " It its justt to.too. cart cartonny.. I..I.. it is just not adult enough it is insipid" Basically it doesn't have guns and isn't a PS3 exclusive.

Its a huge grey area of opinion, but for most people depending on there age and personality there is a line thats drawn. Its the same reasoning that normal 30+ year old women dont watch the teletubbies in there spare time for enjoyment, because its obviously way past that line in general for them. This overly childish mario game fits in the same catagory of crossing the line for a lot of adults. she didnt say anything about guns, or violence, and you guys trying to slander her opinion with your extreme exageration is much worse than her saying how she feels, oh and her points were all valid.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BodyElite
[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="BodyElite"]When I saw the commercial I thought the game was a joke. I'm 23 so games that target kids clearly won't interest me, but the graphics and gsmeplay simply looked horrid! Then I come on here and see that it scored a 10, I couldn't believe it. It's funny how grown men (I'm guessing most of you are above 16 years old) defend this game which is meant mainly for kids with endless emotion. I just don't get it... I'm a grown man. Leave the super colorful, smiling platformers for the kids and girls. It probably deserves a 10, but it still is a kids game

This post just made me depressed. Are you telling me that past the age of 20 you can't enjoy a game that also appeals to kids? Wow.

Mario games are developed for kids... Yet any Mario game that comes out usually has a cult of nerdy grownups that wait in line at midnight. I remember when smg1 was launching at midnight and I walked in the gamestop seeing 10 or so musky nerds standing around the store at 5 o'clock!! I asked the guy if a game was coming out tonight and he said smg. I laughed and walked out the store. Monday night football was on too with my team playing so I could not relate to them at all. I remember on these boards when sunshine released and you guys defended it to no end. It's a game where u spray giggling flowers with a water gun!! Meh, to each his own I guess!
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="Captain_Lorelli"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

The very first words out of her mouth are she sees why people like the game but it isn't for her. I hardly consider this some kind of bash fest.

oldkingallant

She works for a game site/show, and she makes statements like "the graphics should be better" This is all the Wii can do and it looks as vibrant as many games from the HD twins. Idiotic statements are idiotic.

She's obviously got different opinions on games, but calling her an idiot is a bit far. I looked her up on Wikipedia, apparently she went to UC Berkeley... I don't call that an idiot. With that knowledge she should do something else though.... she's just pissing people off.

I never called her an idiot. I said her statements were. She puttered through the entire video trying to think of things to say to justify her reasons for disliking it. DS graphics, needs to be more adult...Btw my brother has a PHD in Psychology from Ohio State University...He is one of the stupidest people I know...

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

wish she would bash me:o

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#132 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

Morgan, 1991 called, they want their sega fanboyism back

Midnightshade29

God forbid someone in the industry has their own opinon. You guys worship nintendo so much, its like a crime to even critique a game of theirs. MG2 is just like an expansion to MG1, there is no reason it should of gotten a 10. Yet these same reviewers bash other sequels for doing some of the same gameplay (yet adding tons of more additions...)

How about you actually play it first?

But I do remember that you thought that R&C: ACIT should have gotten the 10 instead, which indicates to me that your premature opinion is more about Sony .vs. Nintendo than anything.

Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="BodyElite"]When I saw the commercial I thought the game was a joke. I'm 23 so games that target kids clearly won't interest me, but the graphics and gsmeplay simply looked horrid! Then I come on here and see that it scored a 10, I couldn't believe it. It's funny how grown men (I'm guessing most of you are above 16 years old) defend this game which is meant mainly for kids with endless emotion. I just don't get it... I'm a grown man. Leave the super colorful, smiling platformers for the kids and girls. It probably deserves a 10, but it still is a kids gameBodyElite

Mario games are developed for kids... Yet any Mario game that comes out usually has a cult of nerdy grownups that wait in line at midnight. I remember when smg1 was launching at midnight and I walked in the gamestop seeing 10 or so musky nerds standing around the store at 5 o'clock!! I asked the guy if a game was coming out tonight and he said smg. I laughed and walked out the store. Monday night football was on too with my team playing so I could not relate to them at all. I remember on these boards when sunshine released and you guys defended it to no end. It's a game where u spray giggling flowers with a water gun!! Meh, to each his own I guess!

You Sir, have a maturity complex. If buying a cartoony game makes you insecure, I wonder how fake your life really is.

chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 chrion133

789shadow

absolutely not, she was dead on. And for the millions of people who wouldnt play the game, just like they wouldnt watch dora the explora, or the teletubbies, What she said is the only real review (even though it wasnt officially a review) that matters so far. All the 10 reviews exist, but not to me, Its a 10 for my son, but a 5 for me. And not because I have to have guns and blood and violence in all the media I enjoy to feel secure in my adulthood and manliness, but literally because the childish appeal of cartoons and nursury ryme books are far behind me at this point. Im just not interested, and im glad she has this strong opinion, because shes not the only one.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 GreySeal9

As for the Morgan Webb comment, all I have to say is:

Thank God she doesn't do reviews.

Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

chrion133

absolutely not, she was dead on. And for the millions of people who wouldnt play the game, just like they wouldnt watch dora the explora, or the teletubbies, What she said is the only real review (even though it wasnt officially a review) that matters so far. All the 10 reviews exist, but not to me, Its a 10 for my son, but a 5 for me. And not because I have to have guns and blood and violence in all the media I enjoy to feel secure in my adulthood and manliness, but literally because the childish appeal of cartoons and nursury ryme books are far behind me at this point. Im just not interested, and im glad she has this strong opinion, because shes not the only one.

Attitudes like this are why 18 year old boys die in war everyday. Grats to sustaining the ignorance.

chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 chrion133

[QUOTE="BodyElite"][QUOTE="oldkingallant"] This post just made me depressed. Are you telling me that past the age of 20 you can't enjoy a game that also appeals to kids? Wow.Captain_Lorelli

You Sir, have a maturity complex. If buying a cartoony game makes you insecure, I wonder how fake your life really is.

No I think the fact that he just isnt interested and you are excited to play a cartoon game for little kids makes you feel insecure, so you start throwing exagerated insults.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

chrion133

Absolutely ridiculous comparison. It's like you can't distinguish between things that are colorful and think that if it is colorful, it must be in a category with the Teletubbies and Dora the Explorer.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="BodyElite"] Mario games are developed for kids... Yet any Mario game that comes out usually has a cult of nerdy grownups that wait in line at midnight. I remember when smg1 was launching at midnight and I walked in the gamestop seeing 10 or so musky nerds standing around the store at 5 o'clock!! I asked the guy if a game was coming out tonight and he said smg. I laughed and walked out the store. Monday night football was on too with my team playing so I could not relate to them at all. I remember on these boards when sunshine released and you guys defended it to no end. It's a game where u spray giggling flowers with a water gun!! Meh, to each his own I guess!chrion133

No I think the fact that he just isnt interested and you are excited to play a cartoon game for little kids makes you feel insecure, so you start throwing exagerated insults.

It's not for little kids. It's universal. You sound like you've never touched a Mario game.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 BodyElite

[QUOTE="BodyElite"][QUOTE="oldkingallant"] This post just made me depressed. Are you telling me that past the age of 20 you can't enjoy a game that also appeals to kids? Wow.Captain_Lorelli

there u cult members go again bashing others' opinions! Have fun jumping around space collecting smiling stars (how can mario even survive in space??) and please tell the smiling sun hey for me will ya?
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="BodyElite"] Mario games are developed for kids... Yet any Mario game that comes out usually has a cult of nerdy grownups that wait in line at midnight. I remember when smg1 was launching at midnight and I walked in the gamestop seeing 10 or so musky nerds standing around the store at 5 o'clock!! I asked the guy if a game was coming out tonight and he said smg. I laughed and walked out the store. Monday night football was on too with my team playing so I could not relate to them at all. I remember on these boards when sunshine released and you guys defended it to no end. It's a game where u spray giggling flowers with a water gun!! Meh, to each his own I guess!chrion133

Since when does cartoon = little kid. You spout on about how you are beyond Mario...What are you onto then. You are basically saying your are to mature for it. Entertain me and describe what lies beyond the realm of Mario for you Manliest of men.

chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 chrion133

[QUOTE="chrion133"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

Captain_Lorelli

Attitudes like this are why 18 year old boys die in war everyday. Grats to sustaining the ignorance.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#143 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="Mark36111"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Captain_Lorelli

No, she didn't say "neez moar gunz". She said it's insipid. And it is. Mario hasn't brought a new idea to the platforming genre since the N64, and Mario Galaxy is no exception. It's extremely polished, and has great gameplay... but it's still the same old mario that we've seen for years. And I think that she, as well as some others, would like to see Nintendo shake things up a bit.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#144 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
This is ridiculous, I have no problem if a person doesn't like a game like Super Mario Galaxy 2, same reason why I wouldn't like a game like Alan Wake or Gears of War. It's taste, and while there's nothing wrong with it, it doesn't change the fact that if you're doing a review, and you're being paid to critique it, it better be professional or you're going to lose credibility real fast. This is coming from a student whose studying Journalism, and if there's a game out there that are good but I just don't like it or have no interest, I just avoid buying it and respect the fact that others might like it more. Yes, some of SMG2's levels looks like a school or a toy room, but it's like bashing Up! for having cartoon graphics but liking a film like Transformers 2 that's arguably even less mature and more superficial than a film like Up!.
Mark36111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Mark36111
Member since 2004 • 563 Posts

[QUOTE="chrion133"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

Captain_Lorelli

This is right up there with the "buying used games is stealing" argument in terms of stupidity.
Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="BodyElite"] Mario games are developed for kids... Yet any Mario game that comes out usually has a cult of nerdy grownups that wait in line at midnight. I remember when smg1 was launching at midnight and I walked in the gamestop seeing 10 or so musky nerds standing around the store at 5 o'clock!! I asked the guy if a game was coming out tonight and he said smg. I laughed and walked out the store. Monday night football was on too with my team playing so I could not relate to them at all. I remember on these boards when sunshine released and you guys defended it to no end. It's a game where u spray giggling flowers with a water gun!! Meh, to each his own I guess!BodyElite

there u cult members go again bashing others' opinions! Have fun jumping around space collecting smiling stars (how can mario even survive in space??) and please tell the smiling sun hey for me will ya?

I will, have fun teabagging 13 year olds as well.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
what is with him?
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#148 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="chrion133"]

Captain_Lorelli

Since when does cartoon = little kid. You spout on about how you are beyond Mario...What are you onto then. You are basically saying your are to mature for it. Entertain me and describe what lies beyond the realm of Mario for you Manliest of men.

As Mario has evolved, so to speak, it's become increasingly more cutesie and child-like. There is nothing inherently wrong with this, but to deny this very fact is the epitome of blind fanboyism.

Captain_Lorelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Captain_Lorelli

[QUOTE="chrion133"]

Mark36111

This is right up there with the "buying used games is stealing" argument in terms of stupidity.

Its opinion man! Its my opinion yours in wrong! HArHAr

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BodyElite

[QUOTE="chrion133"]

GreySeal9

It's not for little kids. It's universal. You sound like you've never touched a Mario game.

Mario has gone more and more towards the kiddy side of the pool with every installment. It'd business. Most parents buy nintendo products for their toddlers, and that's where the money is! The Wii is as casual and kid friendly as it gets, and nintendo knows this and will make money from it... I have the option to read children's books, watch the movie "how to train your dragon," or even ride a fisher price bike. But do I??