Morgan Webb Bashes SMG2 Vid Included

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

the game is definitely not as good as super mario galaxy. Though, the reasons are that it really wasn't as fresh or new. And then made the game boring because it was a linear game, and really got rid of completely the exploration. Then there are the 40 or so stars that are mini games, the prankster stars which repeat what you did. The game was definitely worse than super mario galaxy 1. I don't understand the critic score or anything like that because I couldn't get into the game not because of the art style (which I felt was rehashed) or music but more to do that the game wasn't as good.

nhh18

Did you get the last 120 stars? Because they don't repeat... they have more to do with exploration. I loved the final 120.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]She has an opinion is that a crime now? nhh18

Her opinion is more fanboyism than reasonable.

^This. Funny how your thoughts on the game hold more weight then Morgan Webb. I can't stand her.

But I enjoy the game and I think it's better then the first but Webb's statements are one of the main reasons why I stopped watching X-Play and G4 in general.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

I would love to have a contest on who knows the least about videogames: Morgan Webb, Jessica Chobot, or Olivia Munn.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]She has an opinion is that a crime now? Seabas989

^This. Funny how your thoughts on the game hold more weight then Morgan Webb.

DAYUM. Cmon yall, lets not be too cruel.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I'm kinda sorta in the same boat? The graphics don't bother me (I quite like them), I understand why people like the game a lot, but it just isn't for me any more. I just traded my copy of SMG1 to BestBuy. I never beat it, got bored of it after getting a few stars. I don't think it's too kiddy for me, heck I'll play Viva Pinata. But maybe I just out grew Mario, maybe the game play is too simple for me, or old. I feel like it's Mario 64 but polished and with wacky gravity. It's not a bad game, but it just isn't for me (nor Morgan Webb evidently).... who watches G4 anymore anyways? It died when it merged with TechTV.
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 mdisen2
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts

Too cartoony, are you ****ing kidding me? There is such a thing as a bad opinion. That is one of them. Super Mario Galaxy, not for everyone, but about as close as a game will ever get.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

So she doesn't like it big deal. Not everyone going to like mario.

Plus if you own a decent hd tv you know how bad wii games look.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
She has an opinion is that a crime now? millerlight89
People would expect a more reasonable opinion since she's working with a highly regarded website/TV show. Instead we get what some ridiculous HD fanboy would say about SMG2's "cartoony gfx" or "too colorful" (whatever she said).
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]She has an opinion is that a crime now? moose_knuckler
People would expect a more reasonable opinion since she's working with a highly regarded website/TV show. Instead we get what some ridiculous HD fanboy would say about SMG2's "cartoony gfx" or "too colorful" (whatever she said).

You know she really does nothing but look pretty on tv and talked about random stuff. From what i have seen she doesn't review games or anything.

She's eye candy thats about it.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]She has an opinion is that a crime now? Seabas989

^This. Funny how your thoughts on the game hold more weight then Morgan Webb. I can't stand her.

But I enjoy the game and I think it's better then the first but Webb's steamments are one of the main reasons why I stopped watching X-Play and G4 in general.

Well I like mario game formula. I thought this game was just a poor mario game. SHe hated the game because it was a mario game.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

:lol:Well at least it made me laugh. Gaming Journalism at it's best!

ShuichiChamp24
Aye. Gaming journalism has always disappointed me with the exception of Kotaku :D.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kansasdude2009

James161324

DSCN0886.jpg picture by kansasdude

Yeah, that looks terrible. It's with an awful camera, too.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 XboximusPrime

[QUOTE="James161324"]

kansasdude2009

DSCN0886.jpg picture by kansasdude

Do you have a 360 sitting on your carpet? WTF is wrong with you? your just asking for a RROD.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Seabas989

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]Her opinion is more fanboyism than reasonable.

nhh18

But I enjoy the game and I think it's better then the first but Webb's statements are one of the main reasons why I stopped watching X-Play and G4 in general.

Well I like mario game formula. I thought this game was just a poor mario game. SHe hated the game because it was a mario game.

And I disagree with you completely but I can at least respect your opinion. However, Morgan Webb's thoughts on the game are not really reasonable and therefore I can't respect her opinion. I've seen forum posts give better reasons to not like SMG2 then Morgan Webb.

And you're right, it is more fanboyism then reasonable.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kansasdude2009

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

[QUOTE="James161324"]

XboximusPrime

Do you have a 360 sitting on your carpet? WTF is wrong with you? your just asking for a RROD.

Launch 360 and have yet to get one.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 XboximusPrime

[QUOTE="XboximusPrime"]

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

kansasdude2009

im just saying, its never a good idea to have a console that generates any kind of heat on a carpet. You should put it on a hard surface. that goes for the power brick as well.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

[QUOTE="moose_knuckler"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]She has an opinion is that a crime now? James161324

You know she really does nothing but look pretty on tv and talked about random stuff. From what i have seen she doesn't review games or anything.

She's eye candy thats about it.

That's fair to say I suppose but that doesn't mean she can spout opinions that are fairly unreasonable. You'd at least expect something more. She's not only eyecandy for a camera but a gamer as well.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kansasdude2009

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

[QUOTE="XboximusPrime"]

XboximusPrime

im just saying, its never a good idea to have a console that generates any kind of heat on a carpet. You should put it on a hard surface. that goes for the power brick as well.

It's an old pic of my old set-up. It's on a hard surface now, fret not! :P
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

[QUOTE="XboximusPrime"]

XboximusPrime

It isn't a big deal considering the way that it's sitting, most of the ventilation openings are exposed. I'd be more worried about it falling over. Anyways, 480p looks good on expensive hd sets that have good scaler hardware. It's the cheap sets that make anything lower than native resolution look bad.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#70 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts
And I thought her bashing SMG1 for being to kiddy was a joke. But I think this goes to far. Is she not aware that Mario was fine with the charm it always had FOR MANY YEARS? It's certainly not nostalgia, Morgan. To think I used to find that woman attractive. :(
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

She didn't bash the game at all, it's just alot of adults doesn't like the look or the gameplay of Mario anymore and Im fine with that, that's something I find normal for people to be turned off by, Mario is intended for kids after all.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#72 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
So many facepalm moments. It just goes to show how much of a joke G4TV is. Maybe they put her up to say it, because I honestly doubt she actually plays games.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kansasdude2009

She didn't bash the game at all, it's just alot of adults doesn't like the look or the gameplay of Mario anymore and Im fine with that, that's something I find normal for people to be turned off by, Mario is intended for kids after all.

HAZE-Unit
It's INTENDED for everyone. The game is just about having fun. It's also too difficult for most children to get all the stars, I would imagine. Perhaps not.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Yep, Tech TV or G4techTV, used to be the Gamers TV nexus; Cinematech, ScreenSavers, Braniac, Gaming Competitions, Late Night Anime Block (Anime Unleashed), Early X-Play, Judgment Day. The stuff was just GENIUS and now since they sold their souls to Spike (Even before that...with the Vulcan Media Acquisition...

Life sucks.

chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 chrion133
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

Every single thing she said was absolutely dead on, for the little kids that are angry at her statements, ohwell, sorry but shes right.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

kansasdude2009

It's INTENDED for everyone. The game is just about having fun. It's also too difficult for most children to get all the stars, I would imagine. Perhaps not.

So you are going to argue with me with a losing argument? first and foremost it is intended for kids, everyone else comes secondary.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Yep, Tech TV or G4techTV, used to be the Gamers TV nexus; Cinematech, ScreenSavers, Braniac, Gaming Competitions, Late Night Anime Block (Anime Unleashed), Early X-Play, Judgment Day. The stuff was just GENIUS and now since they sold their souls to Spike (Even before that...with the Vulcan Media Acquisition...

Life sucks.

samuraiguns

but I loved Star Trek and Cops2.0 reruns. especially when they took up 75% of the sceduling (literally)

X-Play was good stuff in the day. funny, Ratty the Puppet, and the occassional odd, but twisted musical.

cgi15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cgi15
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts

I think everyone needs to stop giving Mario a free pass.

"I am not one of the people who is in love with this game....I feel like i've done the mario nostalgia thing"

It's very clear that she says the game is good, it just isn't her taste. I am also tired of Mario, and just because it is Mario does not give it the right to have a barebones story. Legend of the Seven Stars clearly showed that you can take a charming Mario character and give him at least a semi interesting story with additional side characters to move a reasonable plot along. Mario just doesn't appeal to people like me and her for this reason, because there is no point to these games anymore. Without a story, the fun, that i admit is there with the platforming, dies very quickly and creates a game that is a chore to play.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
**** like this doesn't even phase me anymore. I just tune it out.
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

This entire SMG2 thing is getting crazy... a game getting perfect 10's that is essentially SMG1.5, with others severly underrating it because of its more tradtional roots(no story, no cross genre elements)

SMG2 is a 9 at best. Call me a hater for that, but this game is fun, but not anymore fun than the first game. Platfomers don't hold that nostalgic sway over me like it does much of the 30+ years oldgaming writers either.

Mark36111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mark36111
Member since 2004 • 563 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Seabas989

And I disagree with you completely but I can at least respect your opinion. However, Morgan Webb's thoughts on the game are not really reasonable and therefore I can't respect her opinion. I've seen forum posts give better reasons to not like SMG2 then Morgan Webb.

Preferring games with more elaborate themes and technically impressive graphics is not fanboyism just because a particular console lacks games that suit these preferences. One can disagree with her opinion and hold different preferences, but nothing she said is unreasonable. Webb went as far as to say that she comprehends why certain people will like the game, just that she is not one of them. Complaining about her stance betrays someone who is insufficiently mature to deal with the fact that their likes and dislikes are not universally held.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 XboximusPrime

I remember when I would have killed to get G4tv. They had XPLAY, Attack, Cinematech, barbed Wire Biscuit, theyre anime showings. And then right when I finally get it, it sucks now.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Sheep go on a rampage when someone bashes a Nintendo game. Its an opinion and people are allowed to have them. Not everyone is going to love Nintendo's games.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Seabas989

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]Well I like mario game formula. I thought this game was just a poor mario game. SHe hated the game because it was a mario game.

Mark36111

Preferring games with more elaborate themes and technically impressive graphics is not fanboyism just because a particular console lacks games that suit these preferences. One can disagree with her opinion and hold different preferences, but nothing she said is unreasonable. Webb went as far as to say that she comprehends why certain people will like the game, just that she is not one of them. Complaining about her stance betrays someone who is insufficiently mature to deal with the fact that their likes and dislikes are not universally held.

I can deal with it if she used better reasoning but she didn't. I have seen people on System Wars not like the game and I can respect that because they offer great insight and reasoning to explain. However, Morgan Webb's reasons of being too cartoony, not mature, not HD, sounds like something a fanboy would say. In other words the "kiddy" argument.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kansasdude2009

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

HAZE-Unit

So you are going to argue with me with a losing argument? first and foremost it is intended for kids, everyone else comes secondary.

It's not a losing argument as the intended audience is, first and foremost, in the rating on the box -- E for everyone. Second, there are several quotes of Miyamoto stating that this is his making of a core game for core gamers. I can procure those interviews if you really need them. In your case, you have nothing but your opinion.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
I don't think the game is cartoony and childish as much as it is a bat **** crazy acid trip. And personally, I love that.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

Sheep go on a rampage when someone bashes a Nintendo game. Its an opinion and people are allowed to have them. Not everyone is going to love Nintendo's games.

Ragnarok1051

whoever the sheep your referring to explained their point its not blind rampage and the ppl you are referring to as sheep are not even sheep in the first place

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#89 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Theres a difference between having a valid opinion and saying things in a sarcastic tone to intentionally piss off people. Saying she knows the game is great but not for everyone, then saying that it's aimed at four year olds doesn't exactly help her out.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#90 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125812

She spouts on about how the graphics are not good enough and how the game is too cartoony, childish and colorful. Where have I heard this before...Oh yea her statements about SMG1 two years ago. Maturity complex activate!!!!

Captain_Lorelli

Wow...I agree with her!! About time a game reviewer has the balls(lol) to be honest about a nintendo first party title. Morgan is still a hotty!

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
The first female opinion I saw on the game and she hates it. I'm pretty sure shes the odd one because I think most girls enjoy 'fun' games like SMG.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

OMG SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE SMG2 :o

:roll:

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Midnightshade29

Morgan, 1991 called, they want their sega fanboyism back

88mphSlayer
God forbid someone in the industry has their own opinon. You guys worship nintendo so much, its like a crime to even critique a game of theirs. MG2 is just like an expansion to MG1, there is no reason it should of gotten a 10. Yet these same reviewers bash other sequels for doing some of the same gameplay (yet adding tons of more additions...)
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18255 Posts

Lol Morgan Webb

So she didn't like the game, who cares, it's her lost, my fellow sheep give to much importance to this unknow girl.

Mark36111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mark36111
Member since 2004 • 563 Posts

[QUOTE="Mark36111"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Seabas989

I can deal with it if she used better reasoning but she didn't. I have seen people on System Wars not like the game and I can respect that because they offer great insight and reasoning to explain. However, Morgan Webb's reasons of being too cartoony, not mature, not HD, sounds like something a fanboy would say. In other words the "kiddy" argument.

Again, there's nothing unreasonable about preferring non-cartoony, "mature," HD games to cartoony, "immature," SD games. No, there isn't any insight or logic as to why one might hold these preferences, nor is there any to justify those to the contrary. There doesn't need to be. I like the color blue better than the color red. Am I supposed to be able to produce logical support whenever circumstances arise to express this opinion?

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Midnightshade29

....lol at their technological iliteracy. Graphics not good enough? Pop out the SDTV? Jesus crysis man SMG is one of the most shader intensive games on the wii. There is EMBM's all over the place, and practically everything, EVERYTHING!!! has a falloffshader. its not even funny. and why is everyone always giving reerence to 1080i like.....they dont even know what that means. all they associote 1080 with is "nice and clear". 1080i isnt even the highest level for standard HD resolutions. They dont even know what the "i" stands for.

painguy1
Wii doesn't have shaders first off. It uses texture combiners on fixed functions supped up gamecube hardware to simulate some pixel shader effects. The xbox 1 had pixel shaders the gamecube and the wii don't. Fixed function hardware == geforce 2 level gfx.
chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 chrion133
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

[QUOTE="Mark36111"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Seabas989

Which is a very very valid argument, with some grey area of course, but this example is flagrantly childish. Everything she said was absolutely spot on, and the most meaningful points about the game ive yet heard.

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Midnightshade29

HAZE-Unit
exactly, and it gets more smiley every year. I still love the old 8bit style mario games though, back before he could speak.
Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Hakkai007
Member since 2005 • 4905 Posts

I only watched it when it was on techtv and it was called extended play.

Damn Adam is getting old now.