Mass Effect 1 flopped. so are we hyping 2 as a AAA game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Heh mmk i'm gonna try this again, i dont know why you're being all hostile towards it lol, yes in the real world PC is a platform but also in the real world when a console game is exclusive on one console its called an exclusive :/ i'm not denying anything everyone knows ME is on PC. but its also not on any other console but 360.....Its all about 360, Wii, PS3........System wars focuses on all of them.....but the majority of everyone else does not. and thats the real world for ya

Euroshinobi

you contradict your whole arguement. Tell me how many consoles is ME on? Because you just said that the PC is a platform but ME is exclusive on one of them. How can something be exclusive if it's at 2 different places. Thats like saying I have an exclusive relationship with my girlfriend while she gets to cheat on me.

If you refuse to understand what i meant, then the argument is over.

More than often Discussions tend to be all about consoles, not Pc, you can argue with everyone who calls mass effect 360 exclusive all you want its not gonna change anything in a discussion of console exclusive games Mass effect will be brought up. Halo too.

but you have to get over the fact that on system wars there is no such thing as a console exclusive.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#152 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

you contradict your whole arguement. Tell me how many consoles is ME on? Because you just said that the PC is a platform but ME is exclusive on one of them. How can something be exclusive if it's at 2 different places. Thats like saying I have an exclusive relationship with my girlfriend while she gets to cheat on me.

Euroshinobi

If you refuse to understand what i meant, then the argument is over.

More than often Discussions tend to be all about consoles, not Pc, you can argue with everyone who calls mass effect 360 exclusive all you want its not gonna change anything in a discussion of console exclusive games Mass effect will be brought up. Halo too.

PC is a console you called it one

yes in the real world PC is a platform

Euroshinobi

Please this is system wars and the PC is involved there is a groupd called the hermits, ME is not exclusive. It's not barred down to one system/platform/or console It's playable on two different ones. Sorry to say the PC is not involved here is to say there's no milk in ice cream

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"][QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

The majority of the other sites only care about console news, so they'll seperate PC from all other platforms. and i just rather not fight it.....saying hey guys you're wrong change it now ! and get bombarded by loads of fanboys and what not lol

CaseyWegner

PC games that are also on 360 SHOULD count in the exclusive argument. Any games that are on one console and not the other are considered exclusive. Otherwise, games like MLB 09 The Show don't count, because they are also on the PS2.

why should they count as exclusive when they're multiplat? :?

Any game that is on the PS3 and not the 360 should be considered an exclusive, and vice versa. The whole exclusive argument is just to be able to say, "we get to play this game, and you don't". That is why any game that is on one console and not the other is considered exclusive. 360 owners don't get to play KZ2, just like PS3 owners don't get to play Mass Effect.Which is what is really at the heart of the exclusive argument, right?
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
- Mass Effect is a AAA quality game. - Mass Effect 2 will get AAA [[[QUOTE ME]]] :D
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] PC games that are also on 360 SHOULD count in the exclusive argument. Any games that are on one console and not the other are considered exclusive. Otherwise, games like MLB 09 The Show don't count, because they are also on the PS2.GrilledCharlie

Any game that is on the PS3 and not the 360 should be considered an exclusive, and vice versa. The whole exclusive argument is just to be able to say, "we get to play this game, and you don't". That is why any game that is on one console and not the other is considered exclusive. 360 owners don't get to play KZ2, just like PS3 owners don't get to play Mass Effect.Which is what is really at the heart of the exclusive argument, right?

wait that makes no sense. Because 360 owners don't just get to play mass effect, PC owners do as well
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156 Euroshinobi
Member since 2009 • 3299 Posts

Why do you continue to bring system wars into this when i clearly said outside it ? :/ do you just skim through everything without actualy reading it ? honestly you're acting like a child now

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts
my favorite "flop" game this generation. i'll take it over all those 9+ games.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] PC games that are also on 360 SHOULD count in the exclusive argument. Any games that are on one console and not the other are considered exclusive. Otherwise, games like MLB 09 The Show don't count, because they are also on the PS2.GrilledCharlie

ps3 owners can play mass effect if they have a pc. that's why it's a multiplat.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Unless they own a PC. Then your argument is flawed. Which it is int he 1st place.

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

Why do you continue to bring system wars into this when i clearly said outside it ? :/ do you just skim through everything without actualy reading it ? honestly you're acting like a child now

Euroshinobi

Inside, outside. It doesn't matter. It is an objective fact that Mass Effect is not a 360 exclusive.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Animal-Mother

Why do you continue to bring system wars into this when i clearly said outside it ? :/ do you just skim through everything without actualy reading it ?

Euroshinobi
ya and outside the PC is a platform, 360 owners don't get to play it PC owners get to as well, I can buy it on two different platforms. So not it's not exclusive. and also I brought up system wars because you said this
More than often Discussions tend to be all about consoles, not PcEuroshinobi
Because you said the PC isn't involved but you called it a platform. But you say that it's not involved. How is it not especially if you called it a platform?
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Tragic_Kingdom7

Inside, outside. It doesn't matter. It is an objective fact that Mass Effect is not a 360 exclusive.

Ofcourse. but its also not on the Wii or ps3......and if i ever make a list of 360 exclusive games to get someone to buy a 360 Mass effect will be on that list period.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

Euroshinobi
then you should leave system wars and gamespot. on system wars it doesnt matter about the outside world. when were talking on system wars on gamespot everything is related to gamespot that is how its been and always will be.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

Ofcourse. but its also not on the Wii or ps3......and if i ever make a list of 360 exclusive games to get someone to buy a 360 Mass effect will be on that list period.

You can put it on a multiplat list, not exclusive. Halo 3 is exclusive/ Gears 2/ Crackdown/Lost Odyssey. You can put those on an exclusive list. No
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

why do them a disservice?

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

True that.

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

If the person was trying to decide between a PS3 or a 360, yes, I would put Mass Effect in the 360's column. But I wouldn't call it exclusive, because it isn't. I would simply label it as agame that you can get on the 360 that you can't get on the PS3.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 GrilledCharlie

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Animal-Mother

wait that makes no sense. Because 360 owners don't just get to play mass effect, PC owners do as well

It makes sense because in the console exclusive argument, any game that is on one console and not the other is considered exclusive. Can PS3 owners play Mass Effect? No. Can 360 owners play KZ2? No. When people make 360 / PS3 exclusive lists and compare them, they are listing games that either one can play and not the other. Saying that a game that is on PC and 360 is not exclusive is an attempt to shrink one side's list.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] Any game that is on the PS3 and not the 360 should be considered an exclusive, and vice versa. The whole exclusive argument is just to be able to say, "we get to play this game, and you don't". That is why any game that is on one console and not the other is considered exclusive. 360 owners don't get to play KZ2, just like PS3 owners don't get to play Mass Effect.Which is what is really at the heart of the exclusive argument, right?GrilledCharlie

It makes sense because in the console exclusive argument, any game that is on one console and not the other is considered exclusive. Can PS3 owners play Mass Effect? No. Can 360 owners play KZ2? No. When people make 360 / PS3 exclusive lists and compare them, they are listing games that either one can play and not the other. Saying that a game that is on PC and 360 is not exclusive is an attempt to shrink one side's list.

Wait but you dont understand. Mass effect is on two systems and how is it an attempt to shrink ones sides list. http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA&gid=1 there's more proof ME is not exclusive. It can be played on two different systems. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26719140&tag=topics;title theres another list if its on 360/PC yes it makes the PS3 and wii look bad yes is it exclusive no

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] Any game that is on the PS3 and not the 360 should be considered an exclusive, and vice versa. The whole exclusive argument is just to be able to say, "we get to play this game, and you don't". That is why any game that is on one console and not the other is considered exclusive. 360 owners don't get to play KZ2, just like PS3 owners don't get to play Mass Effect.Which is what is really at the heart of the exclusive argument, right?GrilledCharlie

this isn't the console wars forum.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 -Traveller-

The PC is a gaming system in the real world and under System Wars. You can't just omit it, or narrow your categories just to make your point. Things don't work like that.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 GrilledCharlie

CaseyWegner

But they can't play it on PS3. That is what makes it count as an exclusive.
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] Any game that is on the PS3 and not the 360 should be considered an exclusive, and vice versa. The whole exclusive argument is just to be able to say, "we get to play this game, and you don't". That is why any game that is on one console and not the other is considered exclusive. 360 owners don't get to play KZ2, just like PS3 owners don't get to play Mass Effect.Which is what is really at the heart of the exclusive argument, right?GrilledCharlie

Yes, if PC's didn't exist.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] Any game that is on the PS3 and not the 360 should be considered an exclusive, and vice versa. The whole exclusive argument is just to be able to say, "we get to play this game, and you don't". That is why any game that is on one console and not the other is considered exclusive. 360 owners don't get to play KZ2, just like PS3 owners don't get to play Mass Effect.Which is what is really at the heart of the exclusive argument, right?GrilledCharlie

It makes the PS3 look bad but it's not exclusive/.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Do you understand what exclusive means? Mass Effect clearly isn't exclusive.
GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 GrilledCharlie

nmaharg

So, is MLB 09 The Show exclusive?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] But they can't play it on PS3. That is what makes it count as an exclusive.GrilledCharlie

No because its on 3 different systems
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Tragic_Kingdom7

If the person was trying to decide between a PS3 or a 360, yes, I would put Mass Effect in the 360's column. But I wouldn't call it exclusive, because it isn't. I would simply label it as agame that you can get on the 360 that you can't get on the PS3.

....But the friend doesn't care about PC either way......he's wanting to buy a console with great exclusives, so Mass effect name would be brought up, honestly being on gamespot this is the first time i actualy got into an arguement over it not being exclusive because PC.....most others refer to it as exclusive., Gaming sites, magazines, gamestop employees, my grandmother.....everyone and since they are reffering to consoles only, they aren't wrong in saying that :/, i'm not gonna bother explaining to a friend oh yea this game isnt really exclusive though cause you can buy it on PC aswell he doesnt care, he wants a console with great exclusives that aren't on any other console

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] But they can't play it on PS3. That is what makes it count as an exclusive.GrilledCharlie

Why would it be? If a game is on more than ONE platform it can't be exclusive. Pretty simple.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 nmaharg
[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] Do you understand what exclusive means? Mass Effect clearly isn't exclusive.PS360_Gamer

yes mlb 09 is exclusive

It's also on the PS2 making it multiplatform.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

do you know what "exclusive" means?

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] Do you understand what exclusive means? Mass Effect clearly isn't exclusive.PS360_Gamer

yes mlb 09 is exclusive

In System Wars, no it is not. It has already been decided in a very long thread.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 nmaharg

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

....But the friend doesn't care about PC either way......he's wanting to buy a console with great exclusives, so Mass effect name would be brought up, honestly being on gamespot this is the first time i actualy got into an arguement over it not being exclusive because PC.....most others refer to it as exclusive., Gaming sites, magazines, gamestop employees, my grandmother.....everyone and since they are reffering to consoles only, they aren't wrong in saying that :/, i'm not gonna bother explaining to a friend oh yea this game isnt really exclusive though cause you can buy it on PC aswell he doesnt care, he wants a console with great exclusives that aren't on any other console

Tell your friend whatever. But here in system wars Mass Effect isn't exclusive.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

It doesnt matter if he doesn't care about PC it's still on two different things Here i'll break it down for you Definition of exclusive Not allowing something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive conditions. 3. Not divided or shared with others: exclusive publishing rights. 4. Not accompanied by others; single or sole: your exclusive function. 5. Complete; undivided: gained their exclusive attention. 6. Not including the specified extremes or limits, but only the area between them: 20-25, exclusive; that is, 21, 22, 23 and 24. Definition of multiplat In the consumer gaming market, mutliplatform games run on more than one gaming machine. For example, a sports game developed for Xbox, Playstation, GameCube, and PC would be a multiplatform game. If a game is developed exclusively for one system, i.e. "The Legend of Zelda," for Nintendo, it is not multiplatform. Gaming hardware manufacturers use exclusive software as a reason for consumers to buy their system.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#186 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] By your logic, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution is a hit because it scored a 9 on gamespot, even though it only sold 860,000 copies on PS3 and 360 combined. So, because a 9 is higher than it was expected to get, it is not a flop?

I've never played Mass Effect, so I cannot speak to the accuracy of the score, but I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar it was a better game than than Civ: Rev! :P A lobotomized Civilization centered around multiplayer... but with a crippled online that rarely could get through a single match (even after multiple patches) and no hotseat multiplayer? Yeah, easily the worst purchase I made this gen... Back on topic, I'll assume you guys have it all worked out what the "rules" around here are determining when a title is A, AA, AAA, ect. But by any logic, a game that sells 2mil + is no flop.
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Euroshinobi

Gaming hardware manufacturers use exclusive software as a reason for consumers to buy their system.Animal-Mother

Like microsoft used halo to sell the xbox ? though you could still get it on pc ?

:), it doesnt matter, it wasnt on any other console

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Gaming hardware manufacturers use exclusive software as a reason for consumers to buy their system.Euroshinobi

Like microsoft used halo to sell the xbox ? though you could still get it on pc ?

Your way omits a system to make your point. Ours doesn't.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Gaming hardware manufacturers use exclusive software as a reason for consumers to buy their system.Euroshinobi

Wait but you do realize halo Combat evolved on PC came out two years laters? It pushed the systems needed. Riddle me this. How many different thigns can I play mass effect on?

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 PS360_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 770 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"]

Do you understand what exclusive means? Mass Effect clearly isn't exclusive.nmaharg

but it has different gameplay on each....i mean this is a baseball game, what separates an 08 from 09? the specifics in gameplay, and they are very different for the 3 consoles..
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 CaseyWegner

PS360_Gamer

but it has different gameplay on each....i mean this is a baseball game, what separates an 08 from 09? the specifics in gameplay, and they are very different for the 3 consoles..

how is the gameplay different between the ps3 and the ps2?

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 -Traveller-

PS360_Gamer

Doesn't matter, it as decided that the gameplay was close to being the same, therefore it's not exclusive. You arguing the point here will not mak it exclusive. It was decided in a 1000+ post thread.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 nmaharg

PS360_Gamer

Mass effect on PC is different than the 360 version. That changes nothing.

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 PS360_Gamer
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

do you know what "exclusive" means?

why did u delete my post? have you played all 3 versions of MLB 09 to know if it should be exclusive? because i think someone who has is in a better position to make that judgement
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Animal-Mother

PS360_Gamer

We decided the gameplay isnt as drastically different from one system to the next

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Gaming hardware manufacturers use exclusive software as a reason for consumers to buy their system.Animal-Mother

Wait but you do realize halo Combat evolved on PC came out two years laters? It pushed the systems needed

Thats nice, point still stands, microsoft is concerned about pushing their systems out & securing exclusives for the 360. it doesnt matter that you can get them on PC what matters is that sony & nintendo can't get their hands on them. it maybe leaving PC out but eh when PC jumps into the console war you let me know.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GrilledCharlie

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"][QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"]

-Traveller-

yes mlb 09 is exclusive

In System Wars, no it is not. It has already been decided in a very long thread.

Well, I would argue that MLB 09 is exclusive as far as system wars arguments go, because you can play it on PS3 and not on 360. Let's think about this like humans. Let's discuss with logic and common sense instead of stringent guidelines. At the heart of the matter is that windows is Microsoft just like 360 is. They are essentially different markets for the same animal.
PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 PS360_Gamer

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] No because its on 3 different systemsCaseyWegner

how is the gameplay different between the ps3 and the ps2?

there is different fielding visuals (see ign review for ps2 version), different batting mechanics (again see ps2 review), updated rosters only on the ps3 version (which is like one of the most important features of next-gen console sports), and most importantly, ps3 version has batting practice...and if u play road to show u know why that matters for levelling (this isnt in the psp version).....theres other differences but these are major ones
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

Wait but you do realize halo Combat evolved on PC came out two years laters? It pushed the systems needed

Thats nice, point still stands, microsoft is concerned about pushing their systems out & securing exclusives for the 360. it doesnt matter that you can get them on PC what matters is that sony & nintendo can't get their hands on them. it maybe leaving PC out but eh when PC jumps into the console war you let me know.

wait but see that doesn't matter. Despite those systems dont get their hands on them The PC does. Ohh the PC isn't part of the console war now? Your changing rules to benefit your standing. I have question. If you have a girlfriend and shes seeing you and someone else on the side. Is she exclusivily your girlfriend?
PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 PS360_Gamer

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] No because its on 3 different systems-Traveller-

Doesn't matter, it as decided that the gameplay was close to being the same, therefore it's not exclusive. You arguing the point here will not mak it exclusive. It was decided in a 1000+ post thread.

08 was also close to 09, does close make them same? i say no