Mass Effect 1 flopped. so are we hyping 2 as a AAA game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#101 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

i sure hope not, the 360 version flopped hard, and the game looks clunky. just like the first one.

spike6566
I definitely wouldn't say it flopped hard. It got an 8.5, which is a respectable score. Not to mention the critics average is a 9.1.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] How do you measure a flop then? A great review is an opinion by a single person. Great sales are a consensus by millions that agree a game is good.GrilledCharlie

it's explained in one of the stickied threads. a flop here is defined as a game that doesn't meet the score it was hyped to receive from gamespot.

So, a game that get's a rating of 8.5 on gamespot and sells over 2 million copies is a flop? Those are some pretty strict guidelines.

only if it was hyped to score higher than 8.5

remember that a flop doesn't always mean "bad game".

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 PS360_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 770 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_HL21"]

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"][QUOTE="Chaos_HL21"]

That does not sound that easy. and you are not playing it on the PS3 you are streaming it.

there is a bunch of programs that lets u use the ps3 controller with ur pc...

You can just plug in a wired 360 controler to the PC and use that 360 controller with the PC. I think there is a way to use the 360 controller with the PS3 too...

ye but theres no ps3/pc only games, so it works in favor of having a ps3 and not having a 360
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 Euroshinobi
Member since 2009 • 3299 Posts

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="full_disclosure"]

Jade Empire was a freakin great game! Another game underrated by GS.

full_disclosure

Ahh another one who thinks so......They're talking TOO long making jade empire 2

I'm not sure we'll ever see it. They're making Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 then 3. But one can hope!

Didn't they say it was in developement once ? :( it's horrible that they're coming out with Mass effect 2 before Jade empire 2 xD

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] How do you measure a flop then? A great review is an opinion by a single person. Great sales are a consensus by millions that agree a game is good.GrilledCharlie

it's explained in one of the stickied threads. a flop here is defined as a game that doesn't meet the score it was hyped to receive from gamespot.

So, a game that get's a rating of 8.5 on gamespot and sells over 2 million copies is a flop? Those are some pretty strict guidelines.

again the same could be said for mass effect than. it scored a 8.5 on the 360 and yet sold millions of copies.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 CaseyWegner

Doesn't matter, Mass effect is a 360 exclusive lol, when sites call it an exclusive they're usualy reffering to consoles, Pc doesn't matter in console wars

Euroshinobi

what's the title of this forum again?

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_HL21"]

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"] there is a bunch of programs that lets u use the ps3 controller with ur pc...PS360_Gamer

You can just plug in a wired 360 controler to the PC and use that 360 controller with the PC. I think there is a way to use the 360 controller with the PS3 too...

ye but theres no ps3/pc only games, so it works in favor of having a ps3 and not having a 360

It doesn't matter, because you still need a PC to play it.
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

Doesn't matter, Mass effect is a 360 exclusive lol, when sites call it an exclusive they're usualy reffering to consoles, Pc doesn't matter in console wars

Euroshinobi

What sites? On System Wars we generally go by if it's on more than one system, it's not really exclusive to it.

It isn't a 360 exclusive under System Wars. It's multiplat. Just like it is for PC.

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 PS360_Gamer

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"][QUOTE="Chaos_HL21"]You can just plug in a wired 360 controler to the PC and use that 360 controller with the PC. I think there is a way to use the 360 controller with the PS3 too...pyromaniac223

isnt that obvious?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#110 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

flopped hard? it missed the mark by one notch. :?

Zero5000X
No it didn't it got AAA here and AAA at gamerankings.

uhh you forget to mention ON PC
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

CaseyWegner

System wars. and i'm not reffering to these forums, on a global scale Mass effect will be dubbed a 360 exclusive when rumours popped up that it could be on ps3 and were slowly debunked everything read 'Mass effect still 360 exclusive'

:)

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"] ye but theres no ps3/pc only games, so it works in favor of having a ps3 and not having a 360PS360_Gamer

isnt that obvious?

Wait, I don't think you can actually stream it to you PS3 though. I don;t know of any programs that stream a game over a home network, to a console that probably wouldn't allow it.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

System wars. and i'm not reffering to these forums, on a global scale Mass effect will be dubbed a 360 exclusive when rumours popped up that it could be on ps3 and were slowly debunked everything read 'Mass effect still 360 exclusive'

and why would you go along with that?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

Wait Mass effect isn't exclusive. It's on two different systems.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Cows hyped Killzone 2 AAA and look how that worked out. And that was coming off of a much larger flop... The lengths at which fanboys will grasp for straws.
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Because outside of gamespot thats how things work ? if a game is on one console and not on another, but is on PC they still call it a 360 exclusive.

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 PS360_Gamer
[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"]

It doesn't matter, because you still need a PC to play it.pyromaniac223
isnt that obvious?

Wait, I don't think you can actually stream it to you PS3 though. I don;t know of any programs that stream a game over a home network, to a console that probably wouldn't allow it.

stream to TV....and there is a program :), but if you cant find it u can always just plug ur PC straight into the tv
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

Because outside of gamespot thats how things work ? if a game is one one console and not on any other, but is on PC they still call it a 360 exclusive.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26719140&tag=topics;title No they dont

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 pyromaniac223

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

Because outside of gamespot thats how things work ? if a game is on one console and not on another, but is on PC they still call it a 360 exclusive.

Why does that matter? That's outside of GS and this is GS. In GS, it's not an exclusive.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"] isnt that obvious?

PS360_Gamer

stream to TV....and there is a program :), but if you cant find it u can always just plug ur PC straight into the tv

The PS3 probably wouldn't allow the processing of that info. Otherwise the system could be used to stream all PC games.

Plugging it straight into the TV also defies your point of playng it through the PS3.

Your point is so obscure and confusing.

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 PS360_Gamer
[QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"]

It doesn't matter, because you still need a PC to play it.pyromaniac223
isnt that obvious?

Yeah. It is. Which is why you have no point.

i have a point, but u dont because it sounds like ur unhappy :(
GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

By your logic, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution is a hit because it scored a 9 on gamespot, even though it only sold 860,000 copies on PS3 and 360 combined. So, because a 9 is higher than it was expected to get, it is not a flop?
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"][QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

What IS your point?
Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

PS360_Gamer

Yeah. I'm cutting my wrists right now, but I fail to see how that is relevant.

Avatar image for full_disclosure
full_disclosure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 full_disclosure
Member since 2008 • 955 Posts

[QUOTE="full_disclosure"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Ahh another one who thinks so......They're talking TOO long making jade empire 2

Euroshinobi

I'm not sure we'll ever see it. They're making Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 then 3. But one can hope!

Didn't they say it was in developement once ? :( it's horrible that they're coming out with Mass effect 2 before Jade empire 2 xD

I haven't heard anything about it at all! I thought those were 08 rumors. There's nothing about it on their site.

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PS360_Gamer

read who i originally replied to then you will see how it is relevant
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] So, a game that get's a rating of 8.5 on gamespot and sells over 2 million copies is a flop? Those are some pretty strict guidelines.GrilledCharlie

By your logic, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution is a hit because it scored a 9 on gamespot, even though it only sold 860,000 copies on PS3 and 360 combined. So, because a 9 is higher than it was expected to get, it is not a flop?

You need help.

Here:

"Flops

Certain games become highly anticipated and followed by System Wars, typically high-profile games believed to be "system sellers" (exclusive games of a high caliber that lead to new users buying into a platform). When these games become hyped, a score prediction is made, however sometimes a game fails to receive the review score that was predicted by the posters hyping the title. When a game's actual review score is lower than its predicted review score, it is said to have "flopped".

There is currently some disagreement on a game being considered a "true flop", and growing debate over what review scores "count" for that flop. The official policies of System Wars currently dictate that only GameSpot scores count, however other sites are often used to attempt to predict GameSpot's review scores."

From here.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Tragic_Kingdom7

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="GrilledCharlie"] So, a game that get's a rating of 8.5 on gamespot and sells over 2 million copies is a flop? Those are some pretty strict guidelines.GrilledCharlie

It depends on if we're talking about a flop in terms of sales or a flop in terms of reviews. In this case, we're talking about reviewes.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Tragic_Kingdom7

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"] i have a point, but u dont because it sounds like ur unhappy :(PS360_Gamer

My "happiness" is plainly not relevant in a discussion about video games. It just isn't.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

but why go with it even if you know it's wrong?

PS360_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 PS360_Gamer

My "happiness" is plainly not relevant here. It just isn't.

then dont come off as so rude next time thats all :)
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Animal-Mother

Because outside of gamespot thats how things work ? if a game is one one console and not on any other, but is on PC they still call it a 360 exclusive.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26719140&tag=topics;title No they dont

Yes they do

http://www.unscripted360.com/2009/03/17/mass-effect-2-still-xbox-360-exclusive/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184788

http://play.tm/wire/2519567/mass-effect-2-shepherd-is-alive-and-exclusive-to-xbox360-mass-effect-2/

http://whatifgaming.com/mass-effect-2-will-stay-exclusive-at-least-in-home-console-sense

Moar ?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

Yes they do

http://play.tm/wire/2519567/mass-effect-2-shepherd-is-alive-and-exclusive-to-xbox360-mass-effect-2/

http://whatifgaming.com/mass-effect-2-will-stay-exclusive-at-least-in-home-console-sense

Moar ?

Those arn't game spot. and the PC is a completely different platform so No Mass effect isnt exclusive.

And the second link says that it wants to keep the ME trilogy exclusive to 360. It's a shame because it already went multiplat.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

i didn't say it was a hit. i just told you what the definition of a flop here is.

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Animal-Mother

Yes they do

Moar ?

Those arn't game spot. and the PC is a completely different platform so No Mass effect isnt exclusive.

I think you mixed up my post a little bit, i said outside gamespot, not in it lol

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Yes they do

Moar ?

Euroshinobi

I think you mixed up my post a little bit, i said outside gamespot, not in it lol

But still outside of gamespot the PC is a different platform. So no It's not exclusive. You just found site that said it was. In the real world the PC is a platform and you can't deny that. ME lost it's exclusivity long ago
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Tragic_Kingdom7

[QUOTE="PS360_Gamer"] read who i originally replied to then you will see how it is relevantPS360_Gamer

My "happiness" is plainly not relevant here. It just isn't.

then dont come off as so rude next time thats all :)

It was a bit snarky at best. I still think you have no point and are just splitting hairs for the sake of it.

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

The majority of the other sites only care about console news, so they'll seperate PC from all other platforms. and i just rather not fight it.....saying hey guys you're wrong change it now ! and get bombarded by loads of fanboys and what not lol

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#141 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Flopped? The game is amazing on the PC.

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

ME "floped" (if you can really call 8.5 a flop)on the 360 becuse it lacked the polish the PC version had. Both were excellent games enjoyed by many and if makes sense than many would hype a sequal.

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Euroshinobi

But still outside of gamespot the PC is a different platform. So no It's not exclusive. You just found site that said it was. In the real world the PC is a platform and you can't deny that. ME lost it's exclusivity long agoAnimal-Mother

Heh mmk i'm gonna try this again, i dont know why you're being all hostile towards it lol, yes in the real world PC is a platform but also in the real world when a console game is exclusive on one console its called an exclusive :/ i'm not denying anything everyone knows ME is on PC. but its also not on any other console but 360.....Its all about 360, Wii, PS3........System wars focuses on all of them.....but the majority of everyone else does not. and thats the real world for ya

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]But still outside of gamespot the PC is a different platform. So no It's not exclusive. You just found site that said it was. In the real world the PC is a platform and you can't deny that. ME lost it's exclusivity long agoEuroshinobi

Heh mmk i'm gonna try this again, i dont know why you're being all hostile towards it lol, yes in the real world PC is a platform but also in the real world when a console game is exclusive on one console its called an exclusive :/ i'm not denying anything everyone knows ME is on PC. but its also not on any other console but 360.....Its all about 360, Wii, PS3........System wars focuses on all of them.....but the majority of everyone else does not. and thats the real world for ya

how do you know that it's the majority of the real world?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]But still outside of gamespot the PC is a different platform. So no It's not exclusive. You just found site that said it was. In the real world the PC is a platform and you can't deny that. ME lost it's exclusivity long agoEuroshinobi

you contradict your whole arguement. Tell me how many consoles is ME on? Because you just said that the PC is a platform but ME is exclusive on one of them. How can something be exclusive if it's at 2 different places. Thats like saying I have an exclusive relationship with my girlfriend while she gets to cheat on me.

GrilledCharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GrilledCharlie
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

Euroshinobi

The majority of the other sites only care about console news, so they'll seperate PC from all other platforms. and i just rather not fight it.....saying hey guys you're wrong change it now ! and get bombarded by loads of fanboys and what not lol

PC games that are also on 360 SHOULD count in the exclusive argument. Any games that are on one console and not the other are considered exclusive. Otherwise, games like MLB 09 The Show don't count, because they are also on the PS2.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

GrilledCharlie

PC games that are also on 360 SHOULD count in the exclusive argument. Any games that are on one console and not the other are considered exclusive. Otherwise, games like MLB 09 The Show don't count, because they are also on the PS2.

why should they count as exclusive when they're multiplat? :?

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Tragic_Kingdom7

The TC should rename this thread to the "Splitting Hairs" thread.

It's pretty damn simple. 360 is not the only platform that Mass Effect can be played on, so thus Mass Effect is not in any way exclusive to 360. The very definition of exclusive is not compatible with your argument.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]But still outside of gamespot the PC is a different platform. So no It's not exclusive. You just found site that said it was. In the real world the PC is a platform and you can't deny that. ME lost it's exclusivity long agoAnimal-Mother

you contradict your whole arguement. Tell me how many consoles is ME on? Because you just said that the PC is a platform but ME is exclusive on one of them. How can something be exclusive if it's at 2 different places. Thats like saying I have an exclusive relationship with my girlfriend while she gets to cheat on me.

i think he is trying to say that the avg joe that has a 360 wont think that game could also be on the pc and just think its only on the 360 cause he just walked to the other aisle and saw its not on the ps3 or wii so he must get the 360 since that is the only thing its on. thats my guess.
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Euroshinobi

[QUOTE="Euroshinobi"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]But still outside of gamespot the PC is a different platform. So no It's not exclusive. You just found site that said it was. In the real world the PC is a platform and you can't deny that. ME lost it's exclusivity long agoAnimal-Mother

If you refuse to understand what i meant, then the argument is over.

More than often discussions tend to be all about consoles, not Pc, you can argue with everyone who calls mass effect 360 exclusive all you want its not gonna change anything in a discussion of console exclusive games Mass effect will be brought up. Halo too.