M$ banning consoles for playing GTA V early with legit copies...WTF

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

I think this is disgusting. Banning people because they are playing on a legit console with a legit copy of the game. If they got it early don't blame them and then ban them it's not their fault they got it in the post early...What are they ment to do have it sitting by their TV until tuesday.

I am getting the 360 version of the game but microsoft latley has been annoying me with all of their choices they have made and hey silly actions they have taken. 

http://stickskills.com/2013/09/12/microsoft-is-banning-consoles-over-gta-v-leaks/

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

For once, I agree with what MS is doing. Cheers.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Don't they always do that.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

You're not suppose to play it until release date anyways...

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

It's certainly less disgusting than some asshole spoiling it before people can buy it. The bans are most likely temporary.

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts

Cheleman
Blog it.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I think this is disgusting. Banning people because they are playing on a legit console with a legit copy of the game. If they got it early don't blame them and then ban them it's not their fault they got it in the post early...What are they ment to do have it sitting by their TV until tuesday.

I am getting the 360 version of the game but microsoft latley has been annoying me with all of their choices they have made and hey silly actions they have taken. 

http://stickskills.com/2013/09/12/microsoft-is-banning-consoles-over-gta-v-leaks/

ziggyww
Did you even read your own link? That article is about stopping leaks, which is exactly what they should be doing
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

CJ_ofCamelot
Blog it.

lolwut
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I have to wait til xmas to play it.

heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 heytheredarlin
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

Cheleman

Why?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

mitu123

Why not if you legitimately got it early.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#12 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I'd love to know you can get a "legitimate" copy early lol.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pffrbt

I'd love to know you can get a "legitimate" copy early lol. biggest_loser

Buy it from a store selling it early, obviously.

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Please learn to read the artical and not just the headline.

They are only Banning people who leek videos. You are not banned for just playing.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Pffrbt

theres still a release date to adhere to, sure if you got it early by all means play it but for god sake dont login to live.This happens round every major launch for games people get banned from live til release because they got it early more or less as a warning shot. It stops leaks, and idiots wrecking the story pre-launch.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pffrbt

theres still a release date to adhere to, sure if you got it early by all means play it but for god sake dont login to live.This happens round every major launch for games people get banned from live til release because they got it early more or less as a warning shot. It stops leaks, and idiots wrecking the story pre-launch.razgriz_101

It doesn't stop leaks though, and it's no different than a game coming out at launch and people spoiling it for those that have yet to buy it/play that far. This literally accomplishes nothing and only punishes people that aren't actually doing anything wrong.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]theres still a release date to adhere to, sure if you got it early by all means play it but for god sake dont login to live.This happens round every major launch for games people get banned from live til release because they got it early more or less as a warning shot. It stops leaks, and idiots wrecking the story pre-launch.Pffrbt

It doesn't stop leaks though, and it's no different than a game coming out at launch and people spoiling it for those that have yet to buy it/play that far. This literally accomplishes nothing and only punishes people that aren't actually doing anything wrong.

Pre-Release Footage: No pre-release leaked footage of any kind: Any posting of in-game footage from leaked copies of the game prior to its official release date will be taken down, regardless of how the game was obtained. This includes early unboxing videos.

Microsofts policy is to do all it can to eliminate leaked footage prior to a games launch. This is a good thing.

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CJ_ofCamelot

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]theres still a release date to adhere to, sure if you got it early by all means play it but for god sake dont login to live.This happens round every major launch for games people get banned from live til release because they got it early more or less as a warning shot. It stops leaks, and idiots wrecking the story pre-launch.R3FURBISHED

Pre-Release Footage: No pre-release leaked footage of any kind: Any posting of in-game footage from leaked copies of the game prior to its official release date will be taken down, regardless of how the game was obtained. This includes early unboxing videos.

Microsofts policy is to do all it can to eliminate leaked footage prior to a games launch. This is a good thing.

I don't get why they don't control it properly like Sony does.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts
I propose that we drop the M$ thing altogether, it's childish.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Microsoft doesn't want to let the people know that the Xbox version will be inferior before the masses buy the game

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CJ_ofCamelot

Microsoft doesn't want to let the people know

Davekeeh
Stopped reading right there.
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

SCJ_ofCamelot

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pffrbt

Microsofts policy is to do all it can to eliminate leaked footage prior to a games launch. This is a good thing.R3FURBISHED

Banning people for buying it and playing it early isn't going to stop leaks though. And this is entirely pointless anyway since the game is going to inevitably be spoiled for a lot of people once it's released anyway. This accomplishes nothing.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

CJ_ofCamelot
Blog it.

wut?
CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CJ_ofCamelot

[QUOTE="CJ_ofCamelot"]SConanTheStoner

I'm a more honest person than davekeeh
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

have to wait til the 17th to get the game.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Microsoft doesn't want to let the people know that the Xbox version will be inferior before the masses buy the game

Davekeeh
oh look, Mr baseless assumption strikes again, why did you come back again?
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

CJ_ofCamelot

I don't get why they don't control it properly like Sony does.

Its on a dev by dev basis, its well known even since the days of GTA SA that leaks just before launch tend to get shut down or stopped as soon as they can, you probably are too young to remember trying to get GTA IV gameplay footage at around the same time as this pre-launch. Not to mention after Sony drew a LOT of flack from R* after their own leak, MS are just covering their asses ever noticed most GTA 5 gameplay footage on youtube thats legit right now is being taken donw by take 2 near enough immediately. Rockstar always and i repeat always does this with GTA, they like the fact theres an aura of mystery to GTA launches and i think they want to maintain that status quo.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

heytheredarlin

Why?

What makes those people so special? Why should they get to play the game early? Are they some kind of reviewers? No.

I don't care if your papi works at Rockstar, or if your dumb enough friend is willing to sell you an early copy of the game. You should wait. Like the rest of us. Or ar the very least play it offline. As a sign of consideration to those of us that do have to wait.

But thats just my tiny little opinion. Dont let it keep you up at night.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#31 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Cheleman
agreed. TC, who do u think R* would sue? The player? No, they would bring suit against the platform controller, MS for not enforcing release laws.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]Pre-Release Footage: No pre-release leaked footage of any kind: Any posting of in-game footage from leaked copies of the game prior to its official release date will be taken down, regardless of how the game was obtained. This includes early unboxing videos.

Microsofts policy is to do all it can to eliminate leaked footage prior to a games launch. This is a good thing.Pffrbt

Banning people for buying it and playing it early isn't going to stop leaks though. And this is entirely pointless anyway since the game is going to inevitably be spoiled for a lot of people once it's released anyway. This accomplishes nothing.

they are not banning you from playing the game early (did you not read the article?) they are banning you IF you post videos/pictures of the game online before September 17.

If you get an early copy, you can play it you just cannot post any sort of images from the game before its official launch.

Microsoft is making sure to ban the consoles of those gamers who are playing a leaked version of the game and spreading content.

____

And this is Rockstar's policy that is being enforced, not Microsofts. TC really needs to learn how to read.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="CJ_ofCamelot"]SCJ_ofCamelot

lol that's like saying you're richer than the dude pulling soda cans out of the dumpster.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Pffrbt

No such thing. If you're playing the game before it's official release, and you're not testing it for the Developer, it's fair for Microsoft to assume you've gotten it through less than legal means.
CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CJ_ofCamelot

[QUOTE="CJ_ofCamelot"][QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

ConanTheStoner

lol that's like saying you're richer than the dude pulling soda cans out of the dumpster.

I'm smarter than you.
PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

ziggyww
If you dont log in to your live account, how would they know your playing it?
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="CJ_ofCamelot"] I'm a more honest person than davekeehCJ_ofCamelot

I'm smarter than you.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Pffrbt

How can you legitimately get it early? You sure this is not that copy that is going around the piratebay?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

it's one thing to reply to a thread without reading the article. it's quite another to make a thread without doing so. and to call it disgusting? :|

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I've had it since the local GS got their copies and I just play it offline. People are dumb for playing it while having their boxes connected.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pffrbt

You should wait. Like the rest of us. Or ar the very least play it offline. As a sign of consideration to those of us that do have to wait.Cheleman

Why would you even care if other people play it early. Do you vicariously live through other people's enjoyment of a game? Why should they care if you cant play it?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I've had it since the local GS got their copies and I just play it offline. People are dumb for playing it while having their boxes connected.

airshocker
Yea because it's not cruel or unusual to punish customers for their distribution's mistakes...
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Yea because it's not cruel or unusual to punish customers for their distribution's mistakes...KHAndAnime

And MS has been doing it for ages. I have no pity for the dudes who forget to unplug their ethernet cable when playing a game they shouldn't actually have.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

when you say 'ban' is that online acess to LIVE or are MS  Bricking consoles remotely?

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Good thing to do.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

when you say 'ban' is that online acess to LIVE or are MS  Bricking consoles remotely?

Zaibach
Its banning people from live accounts, I would think the console would still work ( but since just about everything is behind a gold paywall, isnt that pretty much the same as the console bricking? lol)
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts
Watch out reviewers, your console just might be accidentally banned.
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kjranu

Zaibach
Beware Xbox One buyers!
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kjranu
I don't think Microsoft should have the right to ban people from Gold services. That's just ridiculous considering how essential of a component it is to the console. If they're going to use the banhammer, they should issue an refund for the console and all the money spent on Gold subscription otherwise it's lawsuit time.