M$ banning consoles for playing GTA V early with legit copies...WTF

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Microsoft doesn't want to let the people know that the Xbox version will be inferior before the masses buy the game

Davekeeh

The console with more RAM and much better GPU having the inferior version of a sandbox game? Not likely.

Mah-kak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Mah-kak
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

Microsoft doesn't want to let the people know that the Xbox version will be inferior before the masses buy the game

Guy_Brohski

The console with more RAM and much better GPU having the inferior version of a sandbox game? Not likely.

Yea man that 8Gb of DDR3 is gonna blow away the PS4's puny 8GB of lightening fast, state of the art DDR5. and it's measly twice as powerful GPU. It'll be a slaughter.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

well.

don't post spoiler vids on the internet then.

i'm glad asshats get punished on xbl.

one of the very worst things about psn is that there is no enforcement of any rules or standards for conduct..

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
[QUOTE="Guy_Brohski"]

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

Mah-kak

Yea man that 8Gb of DDR3 is gonna blow away the PS4's puny 8GB of lightening fast, state of the art DDR5. and it's measly twice as powerful GPU. It'll be a slaughter.

Do you even know what your talking about?
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
[QUOTE="Guy_Brohski"]

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

Mah-kak

What are you, 12?
Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

reason why i hate M$ if its a legit copy why banned them? its not their fault they got the copy early..Lemmings love  to get rape by M$

stayhigh1

It's their fault if they put shit on the internet, get out of here, Sony Drone.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Mah-kak"]Because Micro$oft likes taking it's customers to pound town. And they're loyal customers love going to pound town. Sony hasn't banned one system. Not even torrented versions of the game. You can go online with it too, no problem. Even when asked if it would happen the head of Sony worldwide studio boss tweeted, "I doubt it." "Despite so many gamers having early access to the game in equal manner to Xbox 360 gamers, Sony hasn't lifted a finger against PS3 gamers, which is funny considering that all the people being console banned on the Xbox 360 are people who have logged into Xbox Live and are likely paying subscribers. Great way to treat your paying customers, Microsoft. " http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sony-Isn-t-Banning-PS3-Gamers-Playing-GTA-5-Early-59100.html When you have subservient losers for customers you treat them like the subservient losers they are. They expect it.Mah-kak

i guess sony doesn't care about people obtaining games illegally or posting material in violation of rockstar's terms of use. :(

Right. They care about their customers. And you apparently didn't read the article. Rockstar never asked for banning of consoles. Micro$oft, took it upon themselves to go the extra length.

when did i say rockstar asked them to do that? maybe you read neither the article or my post. and then there's your other post here talking about the ps4...:|

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

Guy_Brohski

Sorry it's the truth:

28cijuo.jpg

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
lol youtube videos
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Mah-kak"]Because Micro$oft likes taking it's customers to pound town. And they're loyal customers love going to pound town. Sony hasn't banned one system. Not even torrented versions of the game. You can go online with it too, no problem. Even when asked if it would happen the head of Sony worldwide studio boss tweeted, "I doubt it." "Despite so many gamers having early access to the game in equal manner to Xbox 360 gamers, Sony hasn't lifted a finger against PS3 gamers, which is funny considering that all the people being console banned on the Xbox 360 are people who have logged into Xbox Live and are likely paying subscribers. Great way to treat your paying customers, Microsoft. " http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sony-Isn-t-Banning-PS3-Gamers-Playing-GTA-5-Early-59100.html When you have subservient losers for customers you treat them like the subservient losers they are. They expect it.CaseyWegner

i guess sony doesn't care about people obtaining games illegally or posting material in violation of rockstar's terms of use. :(

there has never ever been any enforcement for any standards of conduct on psn.

what would be the point?

it would take longer to ban someone than it takes for them to make a new account.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

lol youtube videosMonsieurX

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="Mah-kak"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Right. They care about their customers. And you apparently didn't read the article. Rockstar never asked for banning of consoles. Micro$oft, took it upon themselves to go the extra length.

when did i say rockstar asked them to do that? maybe you read neither the article or my post. and then there's your other post here talking about the ps4...:|

Id have more issue with mah kaks brainless ramblings about how you can still get online on the ps3 with pirated copies of games which is bonkers.
fattycoles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 fattycoles
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

For once, I agree with what MS is doing. Cheers.

Cheleman
Your an idiot, I can't bother arguing the point.
fattycoles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 fattycoles
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]Pre-Release Footage: No pre-release leaked footage of any kind: Any posting of in-game footage from leaked copies of the game prior to its official release date will be taken down, regardless of how the game was obtained. This includes early unboxing videos.

Microsofts policy is to do all it can to eliminate leaked footage prior to a games launch. This is a good thing.R3FURBISHED

Banning people for buying it and playing it early isn't going to stop leaks though. And this is entirely pointless anyway since the game is going to inevitably be spoiled for a lot of people once it's released anyway. This accomplishes nothing.

they are not banning you from playing the game early (did you not read the article?) they are banning you IF you post videos/pictures of the game online before September 17.

If you get an early copy, you can play it you just cannot post any sort of images from the game before its official launch.

Microsoft is making sure to ban the consoles of those gamers who are playing a leaked version of the game and spreading content.

____

And this is Rockstar's policy that is being enforced, not Microsofts. TC really needs to learn how to read.

How about ms and Rockstar can shove it, If people want to find what gta v looks like then they will, If you don't you won't, I think they need to get over themselves.
Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

[QUOTE="Guy_Brohski"]

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

Davekeeh

Sorry it's the truth:

28cijuo.jpg

The only difference I see in those two shots is a different time of day. If the time of day was the same on both versions, they would be exactly the same. Case in point: The building you circled is simply brighter on the PS3 pic because it is in the sunlight, it isn't any "sharper" than the 360 version. Same thing goes for the mailbox, signs, etc. 

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#217 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wow tellin people other then the tc to blog it, rotflol , i think its fair! if i gotta wait everyone has to wait thats how it shoul be so people aint ruining it ,

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#218 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

he knows,  that is why he posted those 2 shots, he knew the ps3 couldnt match xbox360 , should know from gta iv , 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#219 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

1 day to go.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="Guy_Brohski"]The console with more RAM and much better GPU having the inferior version of a sandbox game? Not likely.

Guy_Brohski

Sorry it's the truth:

28cijuo.jpg

The only difference I see in those two shots is a different time of day. If the time of day was the same on both versions, they would be exactly the same. Case in point: The building you circled is simply brighter on the PS3 pic because it is in the sunlight, it isn't any "sharper" than the 360 version. Same thing goes for the mailbox, signs, etc. 

Have to agree. Different times of day has made lighting changes and that's about it. Still, when they finalyl release it for PC it will be best for sharpness.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#221 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22799 Posts
[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

For once, I agree with what MS is doing. Cheers.

CJ_ofCamelot
Blog it.

I'm taking a picture of it...
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

My copy arrived this morning :o

Think I will wait till tomorrow to play it though, don't want MS getting all gangsta on my ass for the sake of a few more hours :(

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Yea because it's not cruel or unusual to punish customers for their distribution's mistakes...airshocker

And MS has been doing it for ages. I have no pity for the dudes who forget to unplug their ethernet cable when playing a game they shouldn't actually have.

If they bought a legal copy....they did nothing wrong.:|
glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#224 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]You should wait. Like the rest of us. Or ar the very least play it offline. As a sign of consideration to those of us that do have to wait.Cheleman

Why would you even care if other people play it early. Do you vicariously live through other people's enjoyment of a game? Why should they care if you cant play it?

First of all, stop making up words.

Second, whats the point in keeping everyone else waiting when the streetdate's already been broken?

And third, they should because if MS or Sony found out they've been playing the game early, then its bye bye console for them :(

Uh, that IS a word.  Also, if a store sells me a game early, **** that I'm playing it.  MS has lost me as a customer (I liked the 360, too).