Lol, No FPS can dethrown HALO.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

acegunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 acegunslinger
Member since 2004 • 1223 Posts
Its hard to take a topic seriously with such a silly typo in the title...

[QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]Halo is mediocre. Far Cry and Half Life are better. Crysis probably is, too. .goddamn_

LOL. Far Cry ended for me at around 30%, the game was below level I usualy play.

HL 2 was good. Story is nowhere near Halo 2,

No, just no. I liked Halo 2 a lot (the MP at least), but its story isn't much better than any other generic sci-fi adventure novel out there.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
This thread is awesome. TC good job and thanks for letting me add another tagged thread for future ownage.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#203 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.metalisticpain

Excuse me? No FPS can dethrone Perfect Dark on the n64

why cant we all be more like this guy?

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]COD4 have all done that. goddamn_

I guess if you think COD 4 is one of the best shooters ever made, probably you consider Mario Carts as the best auto simulator of all times?

Which Mario Kart game are you referring to? Mario Kart for the SNES was the best racing game for it's time. Mario Kart DS is the best handheld racing game... But there are many Mario Kart games, I'm not sure which one you are referring to :?

Plus Mario Kart series is an arcade racer, it's not a simulator.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#205 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.mo0ksi

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Half-Life is the FPS standard, not Halo.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Serbiam

Not really, Which game has more hype, always talked about and sold like no other?

Ya that sounds like Half-Life.
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
[QUOTE="metalisticpain"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.air_wolf_cubed

Excuse me? No FPS can dethrone Perfect Dark on the n64

why cant we all be more like this guy?

Oh Perfect dark such good memories. Sigh I'd rather rare remake this one put it on the 360 and call that george.. instead of giving us PDZ :S. This is a revolutionary console shooter. Not halo!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#208 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

*sighs* you halo freaks really need to give it a rest already with this halo= Jesus crap. halo3 was a really fun game..no point in denying that,but your wasting your own time trying to get other people to appreciate it. nowadays people just say halo is overrated without even playing it..just to create this image of being a "non-halo fan". news flash fokes..people trash people and things that are popular all the time. its sad reading posts of people saying just how great the series and how it can never been dethrown..really makes the real hardcore fans of the series who DO NOT praise halo as a god look bad.

lets just give it a rest already..your talking to the same types of people who trashed the first game..nothing has changed since then.

goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 goddamn_
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

No, just no. I liked Halo 2 a lot (the MP at least), but its story isn't much better than any other generic sci-fi adventure novel out there.acegunslinger

What I don't like about HL 2 story: the whole story is endless bla-bla-bla, people just talk and you have to be there with nothing to do untill they finish. (I usually beat boxes with crowbar, can't stand for 5 minutes just listening all this stuff)

Halo 2 story are movies, which are interesting to see, it's totally different. And this story turned into gameplay when it time for arbiter. You can see story, you can play story, not just listen

goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 goddamn_
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Which Mario Kart game are you referring to? Mario Kart for the SNES was the best racing game for it's time. Mario Kart DS is the best handheld racing game... But there are many Mario Kart games, I'm not sure which one you are referring to :?

Plus Mario Kart series is an arcade racer, it's not a simulator.TREAL_Since

My opinion is that COD 4 is pure 100% casual trash.

It's based on the fact that you can pass levels in this game not even shooting to anybody. In fact shooting in this game does absolutely nothing except wasting of ammo. It's interactive movie about running from one trigger to another from begining to end. It's not shooter at all.

Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#211 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

true no fps can dethrone halo because halo doesn't has the throne to begin withnaval

Can Halo has throne plz?

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#212 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

I agree with the topic title; Halo can't be dethroned because it was never on top. Give me Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Far Cry, CoD4, etc over Halo any day.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

That's like saying that no anime can dethrone Bleach :|chutup

Not saying that it's the best anime ever, but what's so bad about Bleach?

Perfectly balanced? Are you insane?BumFluff122

One of the biggest problems in the series, as well as how the maps are designed.

You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.mo0ksi

Half-Life Series = Total Ownage

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
I agree to the point of where it gets opinionated... which is.... right at the start... its all opinion. MY personal OPINION is that crysis kicked the crap outta halo. so...
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#215 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="chutup"]That's like saying that no anime can dethrone Bleach :|Gunraidan

its true :wink:

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]Which Mario Kart game are you referring to? Mario Kart for the SNES was the best racing game for it's time. Mario Kart DS is the best handheld racing game... But there are many Mario Kart games, I'm not sure which one you are referring to :?

Plus Mario Kart series is an arcade racer, it's not a simulator.goddamn_

My opinion is that COD 4 is pure 100% casual trash.

It's based on the fact that you can pass levels in this game not even shooting to anybody. In fact shooting in this game does absolutely nothing except wasting of ammo. It's interactive movie about running from one trigger to another from begining to end. It's not shooter at all.

*shakes head*

You say COD4 is casual and Halo isn't? Casual only means it's accesible to all types of people, and that is something that Halo is known for. Both Halo and COD4 are pick up and play games as well as hardcore experiences. If anything, COD4 is more of a hardcore game because it is less forgiving online and more challenging than Halo.

Wasting ammo must be something that you must do. The game isn't designed around that at all. It makes the experience more visceral anyways. In real life every bullet isn't going to hit your enemy. Plus it depends on how you play to determine how many bullets you use in any game... And the last time I checked it takes many more bullets to kill an enemy in Halo.

I'm not even going to respond to your statement, "It's not a shooter at all."

But in the end it is your opinion. I am a big Halo fan. Halo:DE was the best FPS of its time IMO. Halo 2 had the most fun multiplayer of its time next to UT2004 IMO. and Halo 3 is fun, but not a better game than COD4 IMO. But to let you know. COD4 is a higher rated game for a reason... it's better. You just don't like it.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

Boy this thread reeks of fanboy. Halo 3 is good and all, but is it really the greatest FPS ever? In my opinion, I think CoD4, GoldenEye and Perfect Dark are better.