Lol, No FPS can dethrown HALO.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serbiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Serbiam
Member since 2008 • 208 Posts

They try, they fail....sound familiar. It should...Many devs are trying to out do Halo and what it brought to the table. While some great ideas are out there, nothing compares to halo's, Simple, fun and perfectly balanced gameplay...which was done so well at the time.

I think timing played a huge part, since Halo did it like no other and it did it FIRST for consoles....thats hard for another game with the same genre to over take and make it better. Simply can't get better than what halo has done.

While i know i'll get flamed by the haters, thats fine....its human nature to hate popular things. and i DO know many hate the game simply because its not to there likings, i totally understand and respect peoples opinion.

But you can't ignore the fact that Halo set the bar SO HIGH, that in the end, Halo is still the game most talk about.

IMO, the next to go down will be HAZE, many have already lost interest in it.

Thoughts?

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.
Serbiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serbiam

You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.mo0ksi

Not really, Which game has more hype, always talked about and sold like no other?

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

This is all your opinion. CS > Halo imo.

noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts

You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.mo0ksi

QFT

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
Agreed.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mo0ksi

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Serbiam

Not really, Which game has more hype, always talked about and sold like no other?

Hype doesn't mean a damn thing when you got a crappy game at the end. Sure HL didn't get as much hype as Halo. But it's still widly considered to be the best FPS ever made. Anyone else who thinks Halo is king has probably never played Half Life.

I can list a load of games that kill Halo in terms of quality.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
Perfectly balanced? Are you insane?
Serbiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serbiam
[QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.mo0ksi

Hype doesn't mean a damn thing when you got a crappy game at the end. Sure HL didn't get as much hype as Halo. But it's still widly considered to be the best FPS ever made. Anyone else who thinks Halo is king has probably never played Half Life.

You lost me there, I understand IYO that halo isn't a great game fine...but Review scores, SALES and overall hype surrounding it speaks for its self.

like i said, i respect everyones opinion.

Serbiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serbiam

Perfectly balanced? Are you insane?BumFluff122

For a controller....yes.

linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
If Halo=the best FPS ever, then how come it has a non-existent online following on PC?
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
true no fps can dethrone halo because halo doesn't has the throne to begin with
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

:| I'd rather play Far Cry, Portal, Half Life + episodes, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Call of Duty 1, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, e.t.c. anytime.

Halo is good and fun, but not even the superior PC version can match up to the experience those other shooters gave me.

I'd also rather play games from the RTS genre such as Dawn of War + expansions, Company of Heroes, Age of Mythology, Warcraft 3, Command and Conquer Generals and such.

This is my opinion, but I think many other hermits would agree with me.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]Perfectly balanced? Are you insane?Serbiam

For a controller....yes.

I have no idea what you are talking about. The controller belongs to MS and has nothing to do with Halo. You have the option of switching your controller configuration to a specific game type of which shooters are one of them. Amazingly this controller configuration matches the halo controller configuration to a tee. Basically you have the same exact controller configuration for most of the FPS on the 360.

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
That's like saying that no anime can dethrone Bleach :|
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts
That's like saying that no anime can dethrone Bleach :|chutup

What... are you trying to say it can?
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mo0ksi
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Serbiam

You lost me there, I understand IYO that halo isn't a great game fine...but Review scores, SALES and overall hype surrounding it speaks for its self.

Halo is good. Not great, not amazing. Just good. But yet people give it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much praise than what it deserves.
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

They try, they fail....sound familiar. It should...Many devs are trying to out do Halo and what it brought to the table. While some great ideas are out there, nothing compares to halo's, Simple, fun and perfectly balanced gameplay...which was done so well at the time.

I think timing played a huge part, since Halo did it like no other and it did it FIRST for consoles....thats hard for another game with the same genre to over take and make it better. Simply can't get better than what halo has done.

While i know i'll get flamed by the haters, thats fine....its human nature to hate popular things. and i DO know many hate the game simply because its not to there likings, i totally understand and respect peoples opinion.

But you can't ignore the fact that Halo set the bar SO HIGH, that in the end, Halo is still the game most talk about.

Thoughts?

Serbiam
LOL! Halo is casual, noob trash!!! CoD 4 has already taken Halo 3 and tossed it aside like a last Gen cast off! Soon other FPS like HAZE, R6 Vegas 2, Battlefield Bad Company, SOCOM Conmfrontation and Killzone 2 will further decimate MS's one shining star!
king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts

Thoughts?

Serbiam

CoD4 >> GOTY, Halo 1-3>> toilet paper.

Crzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Crzy1
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts
[QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.mo0ksi

I disagree about Half-Life not having the same hype as Halo. The hype is there, the marketing is not, Half-Life games sell themselves now. Halo 3 needed 100 million dollar marketing campaigns, Halo's "hype" was generated by the M$ marketing machine and they did a damned fine job of it, as this thread clearly indicates. Brainwashed masses = win for the big guys, Great games that don't need brainwashed masses to stand on their own = win for companies such as Valve. For it's time Half-Life was a masterpiece, same for HL2, can't say that Halo or any of it's sequels were.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#21 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
didnt cod4 beat it
Avatar image for i_Pwn_TheVuhJay
i_Pwn_TheVuhJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 i_Pwn_TheVuhJay
Member since 2008 • 549 Posts

Thoughts?

Serbiam

thats the first time ive heard say that towards halo 3 lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
IMO CoD4 is way better than Halo.
Avatar image for i_Pwn_TheVuhJay
i_Pwn_TheVuhJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 i_Pwn_TheVuhJay
Member since 2008 • 549 Posts

IMO CoD4 is way better than Halo.theycallmeryan

amen

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
And its thread like these due to which Halo gets so much hate on these boards.
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

how about crysis or call of duty 4? who cares about sales, for all we know people might just buy the game, never play it cause they found out that it was bad and never bothered returning it. and also, you never know how long people will play the games. did COD4 become xbox lives most played game or something. people might still be playing halo 1 and 2 cause they havnt gotten the money to buy a new console or upgrade their PC's to play the new and best, or they are more work oriented in life now that they dont have much time to play that many games (some people ARE like that).

Crysis and COD4 have gotten 9.5 ratings on gamespot as well. please dont bring in other sites, seeing as lemmings bash cows cause of them doing like that. atleast do it urself.

opinion is just opinion, you think halo has the FPS crown and you think that no other FPS can dethrown it from what you think is its rightful place. BUt i can promise you that heaps of people out their dont give a piss dam about halo 1, 2 or 3 - the game probly didnt have the crown in the first place for them.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Halo was never on a 'throne'

Quite frankly half life is still yet to be 'dethroned', not even crysis achieved it.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

WoW?
Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

wow that cave you yours must be great for you to stay in it soooooo long... as for the rest of the WORLD. EVERY mag and article has stated given more stars and glory to CALL OF DUTY 4!!! as a BETTER GAME!!!!

Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Logan832
Member since 2006 • 2168 Posts
Umm Call of Duty 4 already has buddy.
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
Yep, all other fps's try but end up shadowing halo.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Er..Half Life 2?

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
Don't forget CoD4 quite often tops live playnumbers, despite selling drastically less than Halo 3 on the 360.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Don't forget CoD4 quite often tops live playnumbers, despite selling drastically less than Halo 3 on the 360.thrones
And it didnt have the mega millions marketing campaign that Halo did.

Methinks that COD4 made much more profit.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

There is a game called Call of Duty 4 that beat the hell out of Halo, btw Halo is not the king of FPSs.

TimeSplitters series is way way better and more fun than the Halo series.

The fact that you have mentioned HAZE, only proves that you think it is a big competition to Halo and HAZE gonna PWN. :D

I recommend you to play the game when is released before judging, I've wished that HAZE to be multi-console just that gamers enjoy great games from great developers, unfortunately, it went the other way, it is PS3 only.

BTW, the things said about Halo about the timing and all, could be said also to Goldeneye 007, the talent behind that legendary game are the same talent behind HAZE.

Victor_Kudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Victor_Kudo
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
Halo is a good game, not a great one, nor a revolutionary one. It brings nothing new to the table. It doesn't stand a chance against the likes of Half-Life or Far Cry.
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

Thoughts?

Serbiam

Halo is the king in terms of multiplayer FPS games. I find the single player campaign has just got worse and worse since Halo 1

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
I thought CoD 4 did that.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
please, Gears > halo.
Serbiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Serbiam

please, Gears > halo.ff7isnumbaone

Gears of war is a FPS?

Serbiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Serbiam

Had NO idea COD4 was considered that much better over HALO3....sure i saw some awards and praises but COD4 really stomp on Halo 3?

IMO, Halo is a better franchise, but COD4 was damn good.

Like i said, i respect everyones opinion. and i was going by sales and overall awards alone. You can't really argue the fact that halo IS huge, its not talked about for nothing.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Half Life series hasn't aged well. Half Life 2 Episode 2 felt severely dated. I let my brother borrow Orange Box and he says he is extremely bored by those games. I liked them myself but when you compare a level like Tsavoi Highway to anything in the Half Life series it completely blows away Half Life in terms of epic scope and pure action.

Halo is the Star Wars of FPS. You can hate it all you want and claim Half Life is the "superior" Solaris or something in comparison but that's your right.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Hype created by a COMPANY. is worthless on measuring the quality.. the game had more maerketing than anygame in history.

Review scores are not the best...

Sales ... are not a sign of quality strictyl, but a sign of accessibility.

Halo 3 is a good game, but its so simple its the most half-hearted FPS i have ever played, its ... designed ... for complete newcomers to FPS ... that is it, sure youl try and tell me "But teh skilled players stand out" ... no they dont, they are limited to the mechanics of the game... which are vvery slow to the point where i newby can hold down the trigger on you for 4 seconds and get a kill...

No way of dodging fire = noobified

1-2 hit melee , based on "Person with less health dies" = noobified

Regenerating shield = noobified

Grenade spam centric = noobified

AutoAim heavy Fireing AND Melee = noobified

Its well balanced because there is nothing to the games multiplayer other than spamming these things... you dont even need any real aiming ability.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Half Life series hasn't aged well. Half Life 2 Episode 2 felt severely dated. I let my brother borrow Orange Box and he says he is extremely bored by those games. I liked them myself but when you compare a level like Tsavoi Highway to anything in the Half Life series it completely blows away Half Life in terms of epic scope and pure action.

Halo is the Star Wars of FPS. You can hate it all you want and claim Half Life is the "superior" Solaris or something in comparison but that's your right.

JiveT

Because games are all about action. Of course he is bored.

I guess you didn't play the last level of Episode 2. That pwnz every other epic battle, ever.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
Halo is Top Tier.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Crzy1

I disagree about Half-Life not having the same hype as Halo. The hype is there, the marketing is not, Half-Life games sell themselves now. Halo 3 needed 100 million dollar marketing campaigns, Halo's "hype" was generated by the M$ marketing machine and they did a damned fine job of it, as this thread clearly indicates. Brainwashed masses = win for the big guys, Great games that don't need brainwashed masses to stand on their own = win for companies such as Valve. For it's time Half-Life was a masterpiece, same for HL2, can't say that Halo or any of it's sequels were.

Totally agree
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts
[QUOTE="Serbiam"][QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="Serbiam"] QUOTE="mo0ksi"]

Meu2k7

Hype created by a COMPANY. is worthless on measuring the quality.. the game had more maerketing than anygame in history.

Halo 3 is a good game, but its so simple its the most half-hearted FPS i have ever played, its ... designed ... for complete newcomers to FPS ... that is it, sure youl try and tell me "But teh skilled players stand out" ... no they dont, they are limited to the mechanics of the game... which are vvery slow to the point where i newby can hold down the trigger on you for 4 seconds and get a kill...

Its well balanced because there is nothing to the games multiplayer other than spamming these things... you dont even need any real aiming ability.

If halo's so noobified and pro's don't stand out from noobs, you should be number one on the leaderboards... right???

Serbiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Serbiam
[QUOTE="Serbiam"][QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Meu2k7

I'm sorry, but thats just looking for a reason to put halo down, its a game...what do you expect, Halo does require skill, Skill to aim, skill to know when to move and strike, how far to throw a nade...etc. What you said, can be said about any FPS.

IMO, thats a bad excuse. but whatever.

A game doesn't have to be OMFG insaenly hard to be good. does it?

anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anshuk20002
Member since 2004 • 3523 Posts
i know it might not mean much but go to gamebattles.com its like a tournament place where teams play each other ect. halo 3 has a total of 9,000 registered teams this winter season.............cod4 (360) has 28,000! cod4 has triple the amount of teams. halo 3 just feels a lil broken right now. it needs better maps. hopefully the upcoming maps are gonna be good.
AlbertChai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AlbertChai
Member since 2005 • 147 Posts

Wow... Halo sell like no other for Xbox because at that time, it WAS THE ONLY GOOD GAME AVAILABLE...