Lol, No FPS can dethrown HALO.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
The Burger King enjoys Halo, I guess that's worth something.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
halo never even dethroned goldeneye/perfect dark. let alone half life.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Serbiam"][QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.silentobi

Not really, Which game has more hype, always talked about and sold like no other?

Hype doesn't mean a damn thing when you got a crappy game at the end. Sure HL didn't get as much hype as Halo. But it's still widly considered to be the best FPS ever made. Anyone else who thinks Halo is king has probably never played Half Life.

I can list a load of games that kill Halo in terms of quality.

You lost me there, I understand IYO that halo isn't a great game fine...but Review scores, SALES and overall hype surrounding it speaks for its self.

like i said, i respect everyones opinion.

Hype created by a COMPANY. is worthless on measuring the quality.. the game had more maerketing than anygame in history.

Review scores are not the best...

Sales ... are not a sign of quality strictyl, but a sign of accessibility.

Halo 3 is a good game, but its so simple its the most half-hearted FPS i have ever played, its ... designed ... for complete newcomers to FPS ... that is it, sure youl try and tell me "But teh skilled players stand out" ... no they dont, they are limited to the mechanics of the game... which are vvery slow to the point where i newby can hold down the trigger on you for 4 seconds and get a kill...

No way of dodging fire = noobified

1-2 hit melee , based on "Person with less health dies" = noobified

Regenerating shield = noobified

Grenade spam centric = noobified

AutoAim heavy Fireing AND Melee = noobified

Its well balanced because there is nothing to the games multiplayer other than spamming these things... you dont even need any real aiming ability.

Skilled Players do stand out. What's your rank in H3, if you anywhere near a Brigadier then you know Halo 3 takes skill and the good players stand out.

No way of doging Fire? How is that noobified? Got a bubble shield just drop it. Or you can take cover? You can say that about any game. No way of doging Fire in CS = noobified. That's one of the worst reasons I've heard for dissing a game.

1-2 hit melee. based on which player has more health = noobified? I don't know if you relalized this but bungie fixed that.

Regenerating Shield = noobified? Just because you don't know how to play the game doesn't mean it's noobified. The regenerating shield encourage planing your attacks and knowing when to strike. Ex. If someone shooting you from behind you can take cover and wait until your shields respawn if your lucky and if you're skilled enough you can take him/her out with ease.

Grenade spam = Nobbified? Ah I see you realize why you have Regenerating Shields?

Auto Aim heavy Fireing and melee? First of all it's called Aim Assit not auto aim and Bungie tone it down a lot compared with H2. And COD4 has waaaay more than Halo 3 ever will. And you just added the melee again.

From reading your reason you reason I came to realize that your not a good Halo player. And I'll put money that you can't even beat a colonel 1 one 1 let alone a Brig like me.

Dodging fire? in other games? its called Sprint, not moonwalking speed.

1-2 hit melee - its been fixed? how does it work now?

Regenerating shield = plan attack? :lol: give me a freaking break, if you mess up you should die or retreat, not fully regenerate as if nothing happaned, especially since the fact that your Vehicles shield = your shield, another complete retarded noobified feature. .... YOUR VEHICLES CAN REGENERATES BECAUSE THEY DOZ!.

Dont make out Regen shield is because of grenades, you know full well it isnt, starting with grenades is bad enough, the simple fact that they dominate Halo 3 ( not saying its the only game mind you .. ) ... the movement speed doesnt help, it makes it worse.

CoD4 has more because of the firing differences, for example the Halo 3 defaul weapon has a massive hit radius ( for a standard machine gun ) ... you cant miss with it unless your a complete retard or perhaps have athritus ... you dont need Autioaim with that ... while CoD4's has huge recoil and doesnt hit in a complete circle.

Melee Auto Aim Assist* ( Better? ) doesnt boil down to sticking the cursor on the enemy, no its far worse, it auto lunges you in the direction, in the case of gravity hammer and energy sword its even worse! At least in Halo 1 you had to aim yourself ... there was no lunge .... easy mode easy mode easy mode.

Easiest FPS on the planet, bored the crap out of me after 2 weeks. The inferior sequals to previous maps were a disapointment aswell, Halo CE PC is better than Halo 3 bar graphics and some items.

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#104 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
Auto aim and extreme marketing are the only things that made halo so popular. Auto aim to let anyone play and people will buy anything if you advertise it enough.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#105 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

[QUOTE="supercubedude64"]Games need, NEED good stories, that's why HL is better than Halo.Shazenab

The sad thing is Halo fans believe halo has a good story.

Well actually it does have a decent story, but its delivery is poor to say the least.

The only way I found the story to be as great as I once thought it was was through reading the novels. It helped so much with backstory and seeing what the Chief was actually thinking during these skirmishes that I had gone through throughout Halo: CE.

But yes, compared to Half-Life, Halo's story is...meh...

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="Shazenab"]

[QUOTE="supercubedude64"]Games need, NEED good stories, that's why HL is better than Halo.Zassimick

Well actually it does have a decent story, but its delivery is poor to say the least.

The only way I found the story to be as great as I once thought it was was through reading the novels. It helped so much with backstory and seeing what the Chief was actually thinking during these skirmishes that I had gone through throughout Halo: CE.

Yea thats the problem, you shouldnt need books to get the full picture, that shows poor representation.

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts
[QUOTE="Shazenab"]

[QUOTE="supercubedude64"]Games need, NEED good stories, that's why HL is better than Halo.Zassimick

see, that's what I mean. It wasn't so much a bad backstory, but poor direction on Bungies part. Half the time I didn't care about the plot and the other half was spent trying to understand it, because unless you read deeply into the novels or a wiki entry nothing in the game is explained. Nothing.

Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts
Oh please. The Half-Life series is by far the best SP series. Portal is a contender, since a sequel is in the works. And TF2 is definitely the best MP FPS. By far. The most balanced and diverse MP FPS there is, and you have to have good tactics to win.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#109 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye

/thread

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#110 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
f[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]Perfectly balanced? Are you insane?silentobi

yes! its true! didnt you know that?

play the game first

LOL dont lie to yourslef, its VERY unbalanced

No it's not It's actually one of the most balanced shooters. Well at least Halo 3 "Remembers" Halo 1 pistol.

no it dosent, the stupid games takes NO SKILL, ever play CS in your life, you will get trucked 5 mins into the match but in halo i can go on a killtastic spree (or whatever its called) my 1st week into play,

get over it, much more games require much more skill. EX..

in CS you get 100% health and 100% armor, if you choose to buy it.

unlike halo when you get shot you have to wait for your sheild to go down, then take them out,

but in CS if someone HS you with a pistol, instant kill because the game is much more realistic,

realism dosent make the game tho but when you come in and same somthing thats total BS like...

"Halo 3 is the most balanced shooter ever!!!11!!1!1" then your lying to yourslef .

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Shazenab

/thread

air_wolf_cubed

Y'know what? I think you can compare goldeneye and perfect dark to halo, actually. At the time Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were considered perfect shooters, but have aged terribly. They were amazing at the time, but they are barely playable now.

I can see that happening with Halo, too.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
besides that fact that there are more people on xbox live play cod4 than halo3?
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#113 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

Meu2k7

Yea thats the problem, you shouldnt need books to get the full picture, that shows poor representation.

I definitely agree with you. There really isn't a reason for Bungie, or other game companies, to not be able to tell a great story. Bungie could hire the guy that wrote the books to write the script for the game and hire some cinematographers to help tell the story through cutscenes or through in-game like Half-Life.

I think its just devs being greedy, lazy, or not focusing enough on the single-player portions of their games.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#114 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]

/thread

Shazenab

Y'know what? I think you can compare goldeneye and perfect dark to halo, actually. At the time Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were considered perfect shooters, but have aged terribly. They were amazing at the time, but they are barely playable now.

that shouldnt make Halo better than them. if they were on the VC with a Gamecube controller it would be so much better but I still have a blast playing on the N64
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Shazenab
[QUOTE="Shazenab"][QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]

/thread

air_wolf_cubed

that shouldnt make Halo better than them. if they were on the VC with a Gamecube controller it would be so much better but I still have a blast playing on the N64

I didn't say it made halo better than Goldenye, what I said is that Rare and Bungie both defined console shooters for their generation, but if you go back a play Goldeneye now it's a terrible experiance.

I do agree that if you added duel analog controls to Goldeneye it would improve the game ten fold, but I disagree with the fact it's a perfect shooter. Goldeneye was a perfect shooter in the mid 90s, but it certianly isn't perfect now.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#116 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

/thread

air_wolf_cubed
I see those 2 and pull out Deus Ex.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#117 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
The game isn't even that good.
Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts

besides that fact that there are more people on xbox live play cod4 than halo3?Ragashahs

Yes, that's pretty peculiar.

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts
[QUOTE="silentobi"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Serbiam"][QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Meu2k7

Not really, Which game has more hype, always talked about and sold like no other?

Hype doesn't mean a damn thing when you got a crappy game at the end. Sure HL didn't get as much hype as Halo. But it's still widly considered to be the best FPS ever made. Anyone else who thinks Halo is king has probably never played Half Life.

You lost me there, I understand IYO that halo isn't a great game fine...but Review scores, SALES and overall hype surrounding it speaks for its self.

Hype created by a COMPANY. is worthless on measuring the quality.. the game had more maerketing than anygame in history.

Halo 3 is a good game, but its so simple its the most half-hearted FPS i have ever played, its ... designed ... for complete newcomers to FPS ... that is it, sure youl try and tell me "But teh skilled players stand out" ... no they dont, they are limited to the mechanics of the game... which are vvery slow to the point where i newby can hold down the trigger on you for 4 seconds and get a kill...

Its well balanced because there is nothing to the games multiplayer other than spamming these things... you dont even need any real aiming ability.

Skilled Players do stand out. What's your rank in H3, if you anywhere near a Brigadier then you know Halo 3 takes skill and the good players stand out.

No way of doging Fire? How is that noobified? Got a bubble shield just drop it. Or you can take cover? You can say that about any game. No way of doging Fire in CS = noobified. That's one of the worst reasons I've heard for dissing a game.

1-2 hit melee. based on which player has more health = noobified? I don't know if you relalized this but bungie fixed that.

Regenerating Shield = noobified? Just because you don't know how to play the game doesn't mean it's noobified. The regenerating shield encourage planing your attacks and knowing when to strike. Ex. If someone shooting you from behind you can take cover and wait until your shields respawn if your lucky and if you're skilled enough you can take him/her out with ease.

Grenade spam = Nobbified? Ah I see you realize why you have Regenerating Shields?

Auto Aim heavy Fireing and melee? First of all it's called Aim Assit not auto aim and Bungie tone it down a lot compared with H2. And COD4 has waaaay more than Halo 3 ever will. And you just added the melee again.

From reading your reason you reason I came to realize that your not a good Halo player. And I'll put money that you can't even beat a colonel 1 one 1 let alone a Brig like me.

Regenerating shield = plan attack? :lol: give me a freaking break, if you mess up you should die or retreat, not fully regenerate as if nothing happaned, especially since the fact that your Vehicles shield = your shield, another complete retarded noobified feature. .... YOUR VEHICLES CAN REGENERATES BECAUSE THEY DOZ!.

Dont make out Regen shield is because of grenades, you know full well it isnt, starting with grenades is bad enough, the simple fact that they dominate Halo 3 ( not saying its the only game mind you .. ) ... the movement speed doesnt help, it makes it worse.

CoD4 has more because of the firing differences, for example the Halo 3 defaul weapon has a massive hit radius ( for a standard machine gun ) ... you cant miss with it unless your a complete retard or perhaps have athritus ... you dont need Autioaim with that ... while CoD4's has huge recoil and doesnt hit in a complete circle.

Melee Auto Aim Assist* ( Better? ) doesnt boil down to sticking the cursor on the enemy, no its far worse, it auto lunges you in the direction, in the case of gravity hammer and energy sword its even worse! At least in Halo 1 you had to aim yourself ... there was no lunge .... easy mode easy mode easy mode.

Easiest FPS on the planet, bored the crap out of me after 2 weeks. The inferior sequals to previous maps were a disapointment aswell, Halo CE PC is better than Halo 3 bar graphics and some items.

Does every game has sprint? And correct me if im wrong but most games that have the sprint option is games like COD4 in which you die in like 3-4 shots? If you get caught from behind your dead in almost any game the only games I think you actually have a chance to survive is CS and Halo

Play the game and find out. It's much more fair. But since you asked so nice...Let's say you meet a player on the opposite side you both have assualt rifles. You guys start shooting each other while moving up to the player for the meleee kill. You melee, he or she melee's you both die. Sounds pretty fair to me.

You need to retreat if you want you shields back!! Gosh did you even play the game?

Yes grenades dominate if you know how to use them the same can be said with any weapon. You only spawn with 2! You make it sound like you spawn with 34804. A sloopy grenade will only take of 10 to 20% of your opponent shields. A well-place grenade can take of all of a players shileds. And a well-placed grenade is no easy task especially when the player can jump out of the blast radius.

The aim assist is because of the controller not the game you have to have Aim Assist in console games. You really can't blame Aim assist on the game, especially when Halo 3 has very little of it.

Again if it's the easiet FPS on the planet play any pro Halo 3 player you won't get half the kills they have.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
halo has never won GOTY at gamespot.. And Halo's lost to not only Half-Life 2 but Crysis as well on shooter of the years. So you fail.
silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 silentobi

Does every game has sprint? And correct me if im wrong but most games that have the sprint option is games like COD4 in which you die in like 3-4 shots? If you get caught from behind your dead in almost any game the only games I think you actually have a chance to survive is CS and Halo

Play the game and find out. It's much more fair. But since you asked so nice...Let's say you meet a player on the opposite side you both have assualt rifles. You guys start shooting each other while moving up to the player for the meleee kill. You melee, he or she melee's you both die. Sounds pretty fair to me.

You need to retreat if you want you shields back!! Gosh did you even play the game?

Yes grenades dominate if you know how to use them the same can be said with any weapon. You only spawn with 2! You make it sound like you spawn with 34804. A sloopy grenade will only take of 10 to 20% of your opponent shields. A well-place grenade can take of all of a players shileds. And a well-placed grenade is no easy task especially when the player can jump out of the blast radius.

The aim assist is because of the controller not the game you have to have Aim Assist in console games. You really can't blame Aim assist on the game, especially when Halo 3 has very little of it.

Again if it's the easiet FPS on the planet play any pro Halo 3 player you won't get half the kills they have.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-59d151f079814

silentobi

I beg to differ it has alot of auto assist in halo 3.. So much you can die form auto assist where another bad guy will cross your view when you focused on another guy, whereyour retical will lock on to the otehr guy.. This has happened several times in Halo 3..

Also try to shoot your team mates, its much harder then hitting bad guys due to no auto aim..

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Serbiam

That's the problem, hype. Half Life is 10x the game Halo is. Heck, I even think COD4 is better than Halo. Halo wont be "dethrowned" in terms of sales (if GTA4 doesnt do it), but in terms of innovation and gameplay, it's been out done already.

Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#124 Suliman-Uchia
Member since 2007 • 893 Posts

Halo 1 was horrible

Halo 3 dethrons it / thread.

Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts
[QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.carljohnson3456

That's the problem, hype. Half Life is 10x the game Halo is. Heck, I even think COD4 is better than Halo. Halo wont be "dethrowned" in terms of sales (if GTA4 doesnt do it), but in terms of innovation and gameplay, it's been out done already.

Is Half-Life 2 a game of high quality?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Fondness

Its one of the highest rated games ever, and it won shooter of the year over a Halo title.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#127 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
that shouldnt make Halo better than them. if they were on the VC with a Gamecube controller it would be so much better but I still have a blast playing on the N64air_wolf_cubed

All Goldeneye and Perfect Dark need is a smooth framerate and they'd be playable again.

halo has never won GOTY at gamespot.. And Halo's lost to not only Half-Life 2 but Crysis as well on shooter of the years. So you fail.sSubZerOo

That and it also lost to a Nintendo semi-shooter.
silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 silentobi
[QUOTE="silentobi"] Does every game has sprint? And correct me if im wrong but most games that have the sprint option is games like COD4 in which you die in like 3-4 shots? If you get caught from behind your dead in almost any game the only games I think you actually have a chance to survive is CS and Halo

sSubZerOo

I beg to differ it has alot of auto assist in halo 3.. So much you can die form auto assist where another bad guy will cross your view when you focused on another guy, whereyour retical will lock on to the otehr guy.. This has happened several times in Halo 3..

Also try to shoot your team mates, its much harder then hitting bad guys due to no auto aim..

That's what aim-assist is :? Play Halo 2 then play Halo 3 then talk to me.
silverammo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 silverammo
Member since 2006 • 905 Posts
Counter strike: source beats halo any time over 10,000 players halo cant top that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="silentobi"] Does every game has sprint? And correct me if im wrong but most games that have the sprint option is games like COD4 in which you die in like 3-4 shots? If you get caught from behind your dead in almost any game the only games I think you actually have a chance to survive is CS and Halo

silentobi

I never said it had more then Halo 2 I said it has alot of auto aim to it...

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

Some could argue COD 4 did it.

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 silentobi
[QUOTE="silentobi"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="silentobi"] Does every game has sprint? And correct me if im wrong but most games that have the sprint option is games like COD4 in which you die in like 3-4 shots? If you get caught from behind your dead in almost any game the only games I think you actually have a chance to survive is CS and Halo

sSubZerOo

I never said it had more then Halo 2 I said it has alot of auto aim to it...

You know a game with less? Im just saying compared with other games Halo3 has less.
thecrow_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#133 thecrow_fan
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
i think that doom and quake are the kings of the first person shooter if it wasent for them we would not have a first person shooter genra. but dont get me wrong i like halo series it is not the best shooter of alltime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-59d151f079814

i think that doom and quake are the kings of the first person shooter if it wasent for them we would not have a first person shooter genra. but dont get me wrong i like halo series it is not the best shooter of alltime.thecrow_fan

Which is why XBLA holds a special place in my heart.. 4 person co-op original doom..

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Fondness

It's a great game man, everything about it. The story is great, the gameplay is great, and well... it's just great. I just think Halo is terribly overrated. I dont think it's bad, I dont think it sucks, I just cant see what is so great about it. It seems so mediocre to me. I could see if it was viewed as a "good" franchise, but not a masterpeice.

TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts

i thought halo would be great when i 1st bought a x360.....but then it got boring when i rented then bought COD4.......where you can shank a enemy if he gets too close....you can sprint at will out or into battle for the people who play tacticaly,you play by going by what you see in you enviroment,your radar also(for 30 seconds),i also hate on halo the fact that if ur in a gunfight its 99% sure that a 3rd outside person will jump in and kill one or both of you....the game imo was built and released flawed...because whats the point in moving at all?

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

im pretty sure COD4 did but if thats not enough for you you so did CRYSIS ..according to gamespot

Photobucket

remember no ONE game is better than the other ...COD4, halo3,Half life2,Bioshock, crysis they are all great games...

Lebron181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Lebron181
Member since 2008 • 837 Posts
Call of Duty 4 owns Halo since its the most played in live. God know what on the ps3
Anti-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Anti-Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
It's kinda hard to destrown something that is overrated.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#140 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
i guess the tc didn't get the memo but call of duty 4 already has the throne from halo.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Yeah even the sequels to Halo:CE sucked ass. Halo2/3 on the other hand are just overhyped overrated trash.
incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
halo cant be dethroned cuz it never owned the crown...lol there were fps before and there will be after. it was great for the industry, halo created that huge gaming boost in 2002-2005. i hardly think its gods gift to gaming...but its far from average.
dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#143 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts
halo got owned on this thread LOL. Dont take me rong i never played a halo game if i have the oportunnity i will play it
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts
[QUOTE="Serbiam"][QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Meu2k7

in other words "I suck at halo so im going to whine about it"

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 silentobi
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Serbiam"][QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.htekemerald

in other words "I suck at halo so im going to whine about it"

Yep he didn't even try to answer me back.
Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#147 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
[QUOTE="Serbiam"]

They try, they fail....sound familiar. It should...Many devs are trying to out do Halo and what it brought to the table. While some great ideas are out there, nothing compares to halo's, Simple, fun and perfectly balanced gameplay...which was done so well at the time.

I think timing played a huge part, since Halo did it like no other and it did it FIRST for consoles....thats hard for another game with the same genre to over take and make it better. Simply can't get better than what halo has done.

While i know i'll get flamed by the haters, thats fine....its human nature to hate popular things. and i DO know many hate the game simply because its not to there likings, i totally understand and respect peoples opinion.

But you can't ignore the fact that Halo set the bar SO HIGH, that in the end, Halo is still the game most talk about.

IMO, the next to go down will be HAZE, many have already lost interest in it.

Thoughts?

king-micky207

CoD4 >> GOTY, Halo 1-3>> toilet paper.

Somehow I think that you have never played halo 3:roll:

But seriously TC Call of duty 4 is a better game. And this is coming from a Hardcore Halo Fanboy

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#148 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

noo..do you know what you have done???

i feel pity for you, because your gonna get flamed. alot

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

Ah yes, the kiddy "He points out flawes, so he must suck" line

But yea, if it helps you sleep at night, I suck at Halo 3 :roll: because I dont like slow effortless shooters which is dominated by Default Weapon + Melee

Meu2k7

So what your saying is that power weapons should be the determining factor in who wins. Gun A > Gun B; therefore player with Gun A will always kill player with Gun B. Yep, sounds like a good game idea right there /sarcasm'

O and stop QQing because you cant beat the spawn weapon.

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 silentobi
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

Ah yes, the kiddy "He points out flawes, so he must suck" line

But yea, if it helps you sleep at night, I suck at Halo 3 :roll: because I dont like slow effortless shooters which is dominated by Default Weapon + Melee

htekemerald

So what your saying is that power weapons should be the determining factor in who wins. Gun A > Gun B; therefore player with Gun A will always kill player with Gun B. Yep, sounds like a good game idea right there /sarcasm'

O and stop QQing because you cant beat the spawn weapon.

I don't even know what he's talking about BR with a skilled player > AR almost all the time?