Lol, No FPS can dethrown HALO.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

Ah yes, the kiddy "He points out flawes, so he must suck" line

But yea, if it helps you sleep at night, I suck at Halo 3 :roll: because I dont like slow effortless shooters which is dominated by Default Weapon + Melee

htekemerald

So what your saying is that power weapons should be the determining factor in who wins. Gun A > Gun B; therefore player with Gun A will always kill player with Gun B. Yep, sounds like a good game idea right there /sarcasm'

O and stop QQing because you cant beat the spawn weapon.

no he is saying halo 3 requires no skill to play. if u think u are such a champ in halo3 or cod4 try out cs for a change AND GET OWNED !
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#153 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
well to be honest i liked half life 2 way more than i did halo 2. it kinda disappointed me a little, and i couldn't believe how fun it was to use the gravity gun
Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Serbiam

Not really, Which game has more hype, always talked about and sold like no other?

Advertisement can do that, PC games have very minimum advertisement. Halo has done nothing for the FPS genre other than create tons of hype. Anything sold in toy stores can achieve that level of hype, seeing that the game is aimed towards kids and pre teens. Here is the thing, Halo is on PC and guess what? No one really cares about it. Why? Because its just another generic shooter on PC. It pales in comparison to the big names such as Counter Strike, TF, DoD, COD, Unreal 2004 & prior and Battlefield. And thats only naming a few FPS. Heck, there are mods that are better than Halo.

I think you should reword what your original post says. Maybe to something like nothing dethrones Halo from the perspective of a avid Halo and Xbox fanboy.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#155 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

One thing people have to remember when saying that Halo is overrated is that when the first Halo came out, there wasn't that much hype for it, and it was rated 9.7 here on gamespot. So you can't just go and say that Halo is overrated due to the massive hype and doesn't deserve its score. The game itsself is superb (IMO) and it will always be remembered.

To me, I think the best FPS are Halo and Half Life. It's a tie between those two.

prsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 prsman
Member since 2007 • 915 Posts

HALO=the most OVERRATED game of all time

Half-Life 2=best FPS ever

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
For those arguing that hype doesn't make a difference. Turning point fall of liberity has been one of the top sellers since release. Just throwing that out there.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#159 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

HALO=the most OVERRATED game of all time

Half-Life 2=best FPS ever

prsman

Read my post above yours. Kids throw around the word overrated way too much. Just because you do not like it, does not mean it is overrated.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="htekemerald"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

But yea, if it helps you sleep at night, I suck at Halo 3 :roll: because I dont like slow effortless shooters which is dominated by Default Weapon + Melee

silentobi

So what your saying is that power weapons should be the determining factor in who wins. Gun A > Gun B; therefore player with Gun A will always kill player with Gun B. Yep, sounds like a good game idea right there /sarcasm'

I don't even know what he's talking about BR with a skilled player > AR almost all the time?

AR requires some effort, too bad you dont start with that huh? oh and about ignoring your other post .... seriously, we are just going around in circles.

I will critize the most casual FPS on the market, and you will continue to defend it, thats the basis of this whole story bassically.

Halo was never on a Throne.

Oh and to the guy your quoting:

Well done there, ever though that perhaps *** I *** got bored of holding down the trigger then meleeing for easy kills? which consumed easily over 80% of the entire online time of Halo 3, and most other peoples judging by profiles.? huh? maybe I got bored of playing all the junky little minigames like King of the Hill/Ring which just involved us all running in and spamming deafult rigle + Nade.

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#161 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.Crzy1

Not really, Which game has more hype, always talked about and sold like no other?

Hype doesn't mean a damn thing when you got a crappy game at the end. Sure HL didn't get as much hype as Halo. But it's still widly considered to be the best FPS ever made. Anyone else who thinks Halo is king has probably never played Half Life.

I can list a load of games that kill Halo in terms of quality.

I disagree about Half-Life not having the same hype as Halo. The hype is there, the marketing is not, Half-Life games sell themselves now. Halo 3 needed 100 million dollar marketing campaigns, Halo's "hype" was generated by the M$ marketing machine and they did a damned fine job of it, as this thread clearly indicates. Brainwashed masses = win for the big guys, Great games that don't need brainwashed masses to stand on their own = win for companies such as Valve. For it's time Half-Life was a masterpiece, same for HL2, can't say that Halo or any of it's sequels were.

QFT

Pandemonium876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 Pandemonium876
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts
Hmmmm? COD 4???
Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts

well to be honest i liked half life 2 way more than i did halo 2. it kinda disappointed me a little, and i couldn't believe how fun it was to use the gravity gunmlbslugger86

Well, it took Valve six years to bring Half-Life 2 into being. However, it took Bungie three years to bring Halo 2 into being, right?

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts
[QUOTE="silentobi"][QUOTE="htekemerald"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

Meu2k7

I don't even know what he's talking about BR with a skilled player > AR almost all the time?

AR requires some effort, too bad you dont start with that huh? oh and about ignoring your other post .... seriously, we are just going around in circles.

I will critize the most casual FPS on the market, and you will continue to defend it, thats the basis of this whole story bassically.

Yes you do spawn with BR in some gametypes. Ranked Big team, Team Hardcore, and some Team Slayer games.

And no it's you keep on claiming Halo takes no skill and I'll keep on proving you wrong :P

And actually Halo was on a throne. Best FPS on console's last gen no doubt.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Meu2k7

Wait A minute COD 4 Has Regenerating Health - Your right, its retarded.

And Lots of Grenade spamming too. - Yup, though on the PC version not so much, since accuracy is so much better theres no dependance on grenade spam for kills, Martyrdom is less common aswell.

And doesnot a Knife Melee in COD4 kill someone automatically. - Getting close to someone in CoD4 is alot harder than Halo 3 .... how is that even a logical comparison? takes 4-5 seconds to kill someone in Halo 3 , takes 1 second to kill someone in direct fire on CoD4.... you cant just run up to players and melee.

You cant dodge fire in COD4 either. - Yes you can! Sprint/bunny hop, are alot faster than HAlo 3's ... you may take a bullet or 2 but your chances of survival are a hell of alot higher, considering the weapon are not as accurate.

Halo 3 does not have Auto Aim :lol: :lol: :lol: joke? It was funny fair play.

COD4 is the better game. But based off of those points COD4 and Halo 3 are the same then. - No, no where near, then again, a mate of mine who plays CoD4 all the time, whos been playing FPS hardcore for over 10 years nearly .... from his mouth "Call of Duty is basically the noob's version of Medal of Honour ..." ... which to some degree he has a point.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="silentobi"][QUOTE="htekemerald"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

silentobi

Yes you do spawn with BR in some gametypes. Ranked Big team, Team Hardcore, and some Team Slayer games.

And no it's you keep on claiming Halo takes no skill and I'll keep on proving you wrong :P

And actually Halo was on a throne. Best FPS on console's last gen no doubt.

Big Team is Ranked now? shows how long ago since ive played :P ... wasnt that just a custom game type?

DucksBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DucksBrains
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

[QUOTE="mlbslugger86"]well to be honest i liked half life 2 way more than i did halo 2. it kinda disappointed me a little, and i couldn't believe how fun it was to use the gravity gunFondness

Well, it took Valve six years to bring Half-Life 2 into being. However, it took Bungie three years to bring Halo 2 into being, right?

Rehashes tend to take less time to develop, who'da thunk it.

Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts
[QUOTE="Fondness"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Serbiam"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.sSubZerOo

That's the problem, hype. Half Life is 10x the game Halo is. Heck, I even think COD4 is better than Halo. Halo wont be "dethrowned" in terms of sales (if GTA4 doesnt do it), but in terms of innovation and gameplay, it's been out done already.

Is Half-Life 2 a game of high quality?

Its one of the highest rated games ever, and it won shooter of the year over a Halo title.

Alright. :)

djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#169 djxaquaxblue
Member since 2004 • 2539 Posts

They try, they fail....sound familiar. It should...Many devs are trying to out do Halo and what it brought to the table. While some great ideas are out there, nothing compares to halo's, Simple, fun and perfectly balanced gameplay...which was done so well at the time.

I think timing played a huge part, since Halo did it like no other and it did it FIRST for consoles....thats hard for another game with the same genre to over take and make it better. Simply can't get better than what halo has done.

While i know i'll get flamed by the haters, thats fine....its human nature to hate popular things. and i DO know many hate the game simply because its not to there likings, i totally understand and respect peoples opinion.

But you can't ignore the fact that Halo set the bar SO HIGH, that in the end, Halo is still the game most talk about.

IMO, the next to go down will be HAZE, many have already lost interest in it.

Thoughts?

Serbiam

Ummm from what i just saw on G4 Bungie is pretty upset the fact that more people are playing COD4 than HALO on all fronts.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#171 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

I disagree about Half-Life not having the same hype as Halo. The hype is there, the marketing is not, Half-Life games sell themselves now. Halo 3 needed 100 million dollar marketing campaigns, Halo's "hype" was generated by the M$ marketing machine and they did a damned fine job of it, as this thread clearly indicates. Brainwashed masses = win for the big guys, Great games that don't need brainwashed masses to stand on their own = win for companies such as Valve. For it's time Half-Life was a masterpiece, same for HL2, can't say that Halo or any of it's sequels were.

Crzy1

Great Post. Half Life sells itself entirely through quality and not advertisement.

incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
^^ so true i saw halo advertised on shows that have nothing to do with games...yet ive barley seen half life advertised anywhere at all. personally i dont think half life is untouchable either...but if i had to chose id go with HL over halo. system shock series is still on tops on my list, along with dues ex!
omgburgerking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 omgburgerking
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
Because you know, Half Life and the original Unreal Tournament don't exist.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

Your right TC, Nothing can dethrone Halo. You can't dethrone something that never had the throne to begin with.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

I've never like Halo. Even the first one when it first came out, I just found it boring. I've found load of games do things better than they did, like Doom, Wolfenstein and even one of the knock offs like Hexen.

rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
That's like saying that no anime can dethrone Bleach :|chutup
fullmetal alchemist samurai x outlaw star>>>bleach
rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
[QUOTE="Serbiam"]

They try, they fail....sound familiar. It should...Many devs are trying to out do Halo and what it brought to the table. While some great ideas are out there, nothing compares to halo's, Simple, fun and perfectly balanced gameplay...which was done so well at the time.

I think timing played a huge part, since Halo did it like no other and it did it FIRST for consoles....thats hard for another game with the same genre to over take and make it better. Simply can't get better than what halo has done.

While i know i'll get flamed by the haters, thats fine....its human nature to hate popular things. and i DO know many hate the game simply because its not to there likings, i totally understand and respect peoples opinion.

But you can't ignore the fact that Halo set the bar SO HIGH, that in the end, Halo is still the game most talk about.

Thoughts?

kungfuchaos

LOL! Halo is casual, noob trash!!! CoD 4 has already taken Halo 3 and tossed it aside like a last Gen cast off! Soon other FPS like HAZE, R6 Vegas 2, Battlefield Bad Company, SOCOM Conmfrontation and Killzone 2 will further decimate MS's one shining star!

lmao call of duty 4 is more trash then halo another zomg stop the terrorist from launching the nukes storyline with an unbalanced frag fest for a multiplayer. killzone 2? you mean flopzone 2

socom has been trash and haze is most likely gonna get delayed 300 more times

so the only one ill give any credit to on that list is r6 vegas 2

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#178 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

in my eyes halo will always be the best.

with that being said, everyone has an opinion, and

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts

[QUOTE="Albanian_Killa"]LOL so many have. Have you heard of COD4? Counter-Strike? HL2? Crysis? Halo 3 is nothing compared to those.SSCyborg

Why does everything think so high and mighty of COD4? You shouldn't even be listing COD4 with those games.

Yeah COD4 doesnt have the throne. It doesnt even beat the original COD, which is an amazing game.

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

Haven't there been reviews that compared halo 3 and COD4 and cod4 usually won as the better fps overall?

If there's even a debate which one is better, I doubt that any of them can actually be crowned as 'king' .

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#181 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts

halo 3 > COD4

goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 goddamn_
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

halo 3 > COD4Decko5

Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> COD 4

Halo > Half Life >>>>>>>>>> UT

hashyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 hashyboy
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts
half life 2 took halo 2's throne for GOTY 2005, so technically, half life is the winner.
PDark_Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 PDark_Prodigy
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts

Halo is a average FPS, the problem is many people think its much much more which it isn't.

This summarizes it pretty well:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2304-Zero-Punctuation-Halo-3

im-so-trunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 im-so-trunk
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts
Apples and oranges man, apples and oranges. All these games might be FPS's but they are all sooo very different. I enjoy them all for the different things they do.
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#186 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

Thoughts?

Serbiam

You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.mo0ksi

Excuse me? No FPS can dethrone Perfect Dark on the n64

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 silentobi

Halo is a average FPS, the problem is many people think its much much more which it isn't.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2304-Zero-Punctuation-Halo-3

PDark_Prodigy

What about these?

http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox360/games/reviews/135749.shtml

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/index.html?tag=result;title;0

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/821/821911p1.html

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3163125&p=4&sec=REVIEWS

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/15098

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25484.html

hikari33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 hikari33
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts
im sry but counter stirke is the true king of fps, so many people are still playing that game
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="PDark_Prodigy"]

silentobi

What about these?

Halo 2 lost to Half-Life 2 for shooter of the year (halo 2 did not win goty).. And Halo 3 lost to Crysis for Shooter of the year (and Halo 3 did not get GOTY).. So your point?

goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 goddamn_

So your point?sSubZerOo

Played HL 2 once in 2004, never had a wish to play again.

Played Halo 2 three times, could do the fourth.

Played Halo 3 once cause just released.

Don't care about Crysis

Dynafrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Dynafrom
Member since 2003 • 1027 Posts
half life series has sold more then all of the halo series combined
silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 silentobi
[QUOTE="silentobi"][QUOTE="PDark_Prodigy"]

sSubZerOo

What about these?

Halo 2 lost to Half-Life 2 for shooter of the year (halo 2 did not win goty).. And Halo 3 lost to Crysis for Shooter of the year (and Halo 3 did not get GOTY).. So your point?

My point is that Halo 3 is a good game what yours?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#193 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts
Halo is mediocre. Far Cry and Half Life are better. Crysis probably is, too. So is Metroid Prime, but that's more so my preference.
Serbiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Serbiam
Member since 2008 • 208 Posts

I agree with the earlier poster, Just because you hate it...doesn't make it overrated....Every think that, its just that GOOD?

I don't even understand the term overrated anymore...if its SO OVERRATED, its simply because its GOOD..and MANY like it.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]You mean no FPS can dethrown Half Life. Because that sounds more believeable.noswear

QFT

Re-QFT

IMO COD4 has already "dethroned" Halo 3. It has a higher score on Gamerankings too.

jhonnyboi1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 jhonnyboi1134
Member since 2004 • 1263 Posts
halo is crap
goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 goddamn_

Halo is mediocre. Far Cry and Half Life are better. Crysis probably is, too. .Arkthemaniac

LOL. Far Cry ended for me at around 30%, the game was below level I usualy play.

HL 2 was good. Story is nowhere near Halo 2, shooting and combat were weak compare to Halo 2, level design was good, probably over Halo 2. The only one PC shooter from 2004 which I could finish, very good game compare to Far Cry and total disaster DOOM 3. But Halo 2? No way

Well, in 2004 Painkiller was fun as well

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="silentobi"][QUOTE="PDark_Prodigy"]

silentobi

What about these?

My point is that Halo 3 is a good game what yours?

Halo is an amazing franchise, but was never the best FPS of it's time. Although I feel Halo:CE was best of it's time.

This topic isn't about Halo being a good game. It's about Halo being the BEST FPS and that no ther FPS can dethrone it. Well... Half-Life 2, Crysis, and COD4 have all done that.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 TREAL_Since

halo is crapjhonnyboi1134

Halo isn't crap, you just don't like it.

goddamn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 goddamn_

COD4 have all done that. TREAL_Since

I guess if you think COD 4 is one of the best shooters ever made, probably you consider Mario Carts as the best auto simulator of all times?