LittleBigPlanet is the best platformer of ALL TIME [PROOF INSIDE!]

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

It's simple, with LBP's level editor you can create any level that you want and you can take it as far as your imagination wants to go. You can also recreate levels from other platformers therefore making them obsolete. I don't understand how people say the LBp's platforming is too easy when all platformers are easy and simple in gameplay mechanics. What makes platformers difficult is the level. You can easily make a difficult level in LBP to please the hardcore crowd.

LBP plays the same as mario and both are equally simple in gameplay but LBP totally crushes the mario franchsie with a custom level editor which mario does not have. In the end LBP has the endless replay value to back it up while mario does not. LBP is therefore the best platformer of ALL TIME.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
It is really good, had ALOT more enjoyment out of it that SMG... but the best? nah... LBP2 with alot more features/options maybe :D
boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
mario> all
Avatar image for Iwannabetheguy8
Iwannabetheguy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Iwannabetheguy8
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

You can make your own custom mario levels easily just by searching for an editor on google. Best of all its free!

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts

No its not the best platformer of all time because...Oh wait...its aku nvm nothign to see here...

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

You spelt "Yoshis Island" wrong.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

*cough cough*

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aku101

No its not the best platformer of all time because...Oh wait...its aku nvm nothign to see here...

Cait__Sith

What does me making the topic have to do with anything? :?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Well, I don't really feel like ripping LBP a new one today so I'll just refute your logic. In LBP you can create a variety of cool levels (no perfection recreations though) but due to not being able to change how the platforming is performed, thus being restricted to one platforming mechanic and not being able to recreate things like power ups (for legal reasons and etc), LBP will never be able to recreate even the most basic platformer perfectly. Also, Yoshi's Island is the best Platformer ever. I don't need proof, it is because that is how the world intended it to be. It was chosen by a higher power.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aku101

*cough cough*

Giancar

I can make all of SMB3 in LBP and more.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
This only adds incentive as to why I find it to be the most overrated platformer of all time. It's still good but it's not that good, sorry to say.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

it is awesome, but far from the best

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"]

Aku101

Because you act like the PS3 version of Nidget with your extreme bias and fanboyism. So no point in wasting time arguing with you.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Aku101

Well, I don't really feel like ripping LBP a new one today so I'll just refute your logic. In LBP you can create a variety of cool levels (no perfection recreations though) but due to not being able to change how the platforming is performed, thus being restricted to one platforming mechanic and not being able to recreate things like power ups (for legal reasons and etc), LBP will never be able to recreate even the most basic platformer perfectly. Also, Yoshi's Island is the best Platformer ever. I don't need proof, it is because that is how the world intended it to be. It was chosen by a higher power.

ActicEdge

You can create power-ups in LBP. You can recreate the mario star in lbp by making an itme that the sackboy must grab and hold and then all nearby enemies within a certain radius of the item die automatically.

bubbleboyii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 bubbleboyii
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts

Unfortunately, your enjoyment of the level creation mechanism is entirely dependent on your creativity. Of which most people nowadays, have little or none (I'm guilty as well. lol)

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ActicEdge

*cough cough*

Giancar

Don't choke there. Hold on, let me help you with that cough:

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Giancar

Aku101

but not the platforming aspects... that being said LBP is one of the best titles this gen for sure

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

It's simple, with LBP's level editor you can create any level that you want and you can take it as far as your imagination wants to go. You can also recreate levels from other platformers therefore making them obsolete. I don't understand how people say the LBp's platforming is too easy when all platformers are easy and simple in gameplay mechanics. What makes platformers difficult is the level. You can easily make a difficult level in LBP to please the hardcore crowd.

LBP plays the same as mario and both are equally simple in gameplay but LBP totally crushes the mario franchsie with a custom level editor which mario does not have. In the end LBP has the endless replay value to back it up while mario does not. LBP is therefore the best platformer of ALL TIME.

Aku101

Yo Aku101! I am really happy for you and I'mma let you finish but...

Mario is the greatest platformer of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
Then by your logic, PC must be the best platform of all time, because, the ability to create your own maps and mods have been in existence way before LBP was even thought of...
boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 boba707
It is really good, had ALOT more enjoyment out of it that SMG... but the best? nah... LBP2 with alot more features/options maybe :D Birdy09
galaxy wasnt a platformer...
Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"]

Cait__Sith

Because you act like the PS3 version of Nidget with your extreme bias and fanboyism. So no point in wasting time arguing with you.

How am i biased? Even to go as far as a fanboy? I'm just stating facts regarding ps3 games and the ps3.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I agree that Yoshi's Island is the best... I've never played a more perfect platformer.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

Giancar

but not the platforming aspects... that being said LBP is one of the best titles this gen for sure

What platforming aspects can't i recreate in lbp ithat's in smb3?

Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

Aku101

Nostalgia.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

I agree that Yoshi's Island is the best... I've never played a more perfect platformer.

psn8214

And thus another see's the light.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Aku101

You can create power-ups in LBP. You can recreate the mario star in lbp by making an itme that the sackboy must grab and hold and then all nearby enemies within a certain radius of the item die automatically.

One power up, does not conpensate for the hundreds it cannot recreat faithfully. A star is about the most basic Mario power up you could recreate. Try flutter jump in Yoshi's Island or Vehicle transforming. Double jump in Crash Bandicoot 3, super freeze breath in Spyro 2, etc. Not possible.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Giancar

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

Aku101

the "jump" aspect for example :? LBP is too floaty, hopefully in a sequel they fix that and give the game superpowers like in Mario games :D
Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"] but not the platforming aspects... that being said LBP is one of the best titles this gen for sure

Deadly_Fatalis

Nostalgia.

Nostalgia is overrated.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ActicEdge

psn8214

That's because one doesn't exist. Did I mention I like you even more than I already did?

Tauu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tauu
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

I'm a PS3 fan and I have LBP but I gotta say, Mario plays better. There are many aspects of gameplay in the 2D Mario games that simply don't exist in LBP (grabbing and kicking shells, leaf/cape flying, swimming, fireballs, block breaking, coin collecting just to name a few). Mario is more responsive than Sackboy as well. LBP tries to be a bit too realistic with physics at the expense of gameplay. Mario games are better balanced. LBP is a fun game though.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

And RPG Maker is the best RPG ever because you can build any RPG you want.

Also, chess requires no skill:

Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
how would you feel then if i said forza 3 was the best racer of all time because of customizing your cars to the fullest and being able to auction then and stuff -_-
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ActicEdge

Here Aku, let me destroy this argument with one simple point. LBP is 2D. How is it going to recreate a 3D platformer?

sxdx89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sxdx89
Member since 2003 • 3009 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]It is really good, had ALOT more enjoyment out of it that SMG... but the best? nah... LBP2 with alot more features/options maybe :D boba707

Huh? How was Galaxy not a platformer?

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Then by your logic, PC must be the best platform of all time, because, the ability to create your own maps and mods have been in existence way before LBP was even thought of...Deadly_Fatalis

/thread

Standalone mods of RTS games being made FPS, just so win.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Hey Aku,where's the pic of your name+ PC?
IppoTenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IppoTenma
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
Hey, Aku. Stop it, OK? Stop it. *Aku nods* Good Pokemon. No seriously. Stop these threads. You haven't played all platforms of all time, there's no way you can tell.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I love LBP, but the platforming mechanics are trash compared to multiple other platformers. LBP isn't even in the top 10.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
Probably not the best platformers, though my favorites will always be the Spyro and Ratchet and Clank games Insomniac
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#41 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

As much as I love Mario, this is debatable. Plus, LBP's soundtrack and graphical design win hands down. LBP also has a lot more variety, and gameplay's pretty similar. Very debatable.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Here Aku, let me destroy this argument with one simple point. LBP is 2D. How is it going to recreate a 3D platformer?

Aku101

But 3D platformers are terrible. See sonic and mario when they went 3D.

...wtf are you talking about Mario 3D platformers are awesome. And very highly praised. Though the Sonic ones mostly sucked, well actually i loved those two on the dreamcast.
boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 boba707

[QUOTE="boba707"][QUOTE="Birdy09"]It is really good, had ALOT more enjoyment out of it that SMG... but the best? nah... LBP2 with alot more features/options maybe :D sxdx89

Huh? How was Galaxy not a platformer?

well its a platformer but its not the same as say SMW3 or LBP
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

You know, the best platformer of all time actually has to have good platforming.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

paradigm68

...wtf are you talking about Mario 3D platformers are awesome. And very highly praised. Though the Sonic ones mostly sucked, well actually i loved those two on the dreamcast.

mario 64 and sunshine were terrible in comparison to their 2D predecessors, i haven't played SMG yet but when I do i'll give it a fair review but I'm not expecting much.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MonsieurX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDlB0tVV_8&feature=fvw Plays the exact same way as SMB3!
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ActicEdge

As much as I love Mario, this is debatable. Plus, LBP's soundtrack and graphical design win hands down. LBP also has a lot more variety, and gameplay's pretty similar. Very debatable.

brickdoctor

No its not, LBP lacks basically everything it takes to be a top tier platformer. Graphical design and soundtrack are not part of that. Not as if LBP even wins hands down in those areas either. Variety, important, was the variety up to par? Not really. Gameplay, LBP is like a simplified MArio game stripped of any design brilliance and finess. If that's what you meant then sure. LBP does not hold a candle to SMB3, SMW, SMW2:YI, SMG, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Crash Bandicoot 3, Kirby's adventure, Spyro 2, Donkey Kong Country 2 etc. Not in terms of being a platformer.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Aku101

Sonic went to crap. Mario retained its quality. What is your point? Not like LBP could replicate them if it wanted to. In that sense, to destroy your argument takes nothing more than the best pkatformer ever being 3D and with some of the 3D platformers around, that is not too hard to debate.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MonsieurX
Then find me a video that shows how lbp is played the same as SMB3