Is there still a debate about PC being the best?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Yeh, it's a complete and total fact. Everyone agrees.AAllxxjjnn

if only that were true

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#102 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Yep, and it's subjective, but what's objective is that the PC has more AAAs and AAs than consoles.

ElTriforceo

This statement is false. I thought it was true but this gen it simply isn't. Of all time obviously ya.... but that doesn't count, if all systems had over 20 years of shelf life and was just upgraded (meaning every few years spending $200 on an upgrade) every so often, they'd have just as many.

System Wars says otherwise.:P

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#103 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Yeh, it's a complete and total fact. Everyone agrees.SLIisaownsystem

no SLI is a bit better

Crossfire>SLI atm and I prefer Nvidia.
deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#104 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

Exclusives for 2009
PC = 49
Xbox = 8
Ps3 = 7

The majority of those games scored above 80 Metacritic and 10 of then above 85 Metacritic. Plus a huge variety of different types: TBS/RTS hybrid, Sim/RTS hybrid, RTS/RPG hybrid, Multiplayer FPS, Freeform FPS, FPS/Adventure hybrid, TBS/RPG hybrid, TBS/RPG hybrid, Combat flight sim, ARPG, Sim, Adventure, Citybuilder. And that's just one fairly slow year for the PC, 2010 will be much better.

MK-Professor

Interesting, how come the PS3 has 33 games scoring 85+ on GameRankings whereas the PC only has 19 ? Maybe it has to do with the fact that quantity =/= quality?

PS3-2009

PC-2009

Also, if you care to investigate further, you will find out that the highest scoring PC exclusive for '09 is Empire: Total War with a score of 88.62. Enjoy your PC (for the record, I also have gaming PC, but rabid hermits annoy me).

Consol gamers have to realize that a pc-game score are no comparable with a console-game score. That is because pc has higher standards than consoles, on the other hand console gamers are easily satisfied with almost everything. For example if a pc game get 8.0 and a consol game get 9.0, that means that the pc game that get 8.0 is better than the consol game with 9.0.

Every year pc's have more and better exclusives than both ps3 and xbox combined together, plus the best multiplats (Not only because of the better graphics but also better online experience, controls, gameplay, mods, and sometimes more content).

Um ok so the new Stalker that came out is better than UC2? Is thats going on?

Um no stop the standards arguement. Its a weak attempt to hide your low scores.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

Interesting, how come the PS3 has 33 games scoring 85+ on GameRankings whereas the PC only has 19 ? Maybe it has to do with the fact that quantity =/= quality?

PS3-2009

PC-2009

Also, if you care to investigate further, you will find out that the highest scoring PC exclusive for '09 is Empire: Total War with a score of 88.62. Enjoy your PC (for the record, I also have gaming PC, but rabid hermits annoy me).

DarthBilf

Consol gamers have to realize that a pc-game score are no comparable with a console-game score. That is because pc has higher standards than consoles, on the other hand console gamers are easily satisfied with almost everything. For example if a pc game get 8.0 and a consol game get 9.0, that means that the pc game that get 8.0 is better than the consol game with 9.0.

Every year pc's have more and better exclusives than both ps3 and xbox combined together, plus the best multiplats (Not only because of the better graphics but also better online experience, controls, gameplay, mods, and sometimes more content).

Wait, what? No it doesn't. Games like Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted 2 are as good if not better than anything on the PC.

True that.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Yep, and it's subjective, but what's objective is that the PC has more AAAs and AAs than consoles.

ElTriforceo

This statement is false. I thought it was true but this gen it simply isn't. Of all time obviously ya.... but that doesn't count, if all systems had over 20 years of shelf life and was just upgraded (meaning every few years spending $200 on an upgrade) every so often, they'd have just as many.

see for yourself.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA

it's true if we're talking exclusives.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="ElTriforceo"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

CaseyWegner

see for yourself.

All consoles combined have more AAA's.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ElTriforceo"] This statement is false. I thought it was true but this gen it simply isn't. Of all time obviously ya.... but that doesn't count, if all systems had over 20 years of shelf life and was just upgraded (meaning every few years spending $200 on an upgrade) every so often, they'd have just as many.deathtarget04

see for yourself.

good thing we were talking about AAs too.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

see for yourself.

CaseyWegner

good thing this is subjective and Gamespot scores dont mean anything in the real world.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

deathtarget04

good thing this is subjective and Gamespot scores dont mean anything in the real world.

it's not subjective. it is a fact that gamespot gave the games the scores on that spreadsheet.

Sailor_Enlil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Sailor_Enlil
Member since 2003 • 1552 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"]There's a big difference between being able to connect a PC to a TV and get a signal, and having an interface designed to be operated start-to-finish from 10' away using a gamepad.Stinger78
Well, I'm able to use my keyboard, mouse and my Xbox 360 controller through the same PC on the same TV. The interface - in this case Windows XP / Windows 7 - is designed to be operated from start to finish with my mouse. Also, once a game is installed (just like you can do on the PS3 and Xbox 360) - I can just start my "interface" - start the game - quit the game - go back to my interface - then shut down the machine with the same "controller". I've had this same setup going for months now. In no way am I saying any system is the best, I'm just trying to state that using a PC can be a very similar experience to using a game console. As I said, I use the same TV to display my PC, 360, PS3, original Xbox and even a slim PS2. The posts I tend to make are not biased, they are thoughts from my perspective of being a gamer - who owns a lot of different consoles, and has had several different PC configurations since playing my first PC game in 1982. Though I do realize this is System Wars and people like to argue.

You're gonna have a big arguement with someone like my father, who until now sees the PC as a completely alien thing to him. In fact he would rather not tinker with anything other than what can be operated by a simple remote control and will start playing just by hitting the power button and popping the DVD in. And he had a real fit when one game he really would have liked to play on the PC (Slam Tilt Pinball; he's a fan of pinball games), wouldn't even run at all. In fact the only times I could get that game to work were on a Compaq Deskpro in the office, and in a Virtual PC installation (i.e. using Microsoft Virtual PC and a Windows 98 installation running inside it).

Of course the PS3 has come a long way from the old console designs - in fact two of the game controllers I havefor my PC (both from Logitech - one gamepad aka the Dual Actionand one steering wheel the G25) work happily with the PS3, not to mention the mouse and keyboard (which I onceused to access my yahoo email account and surf Youtube - on the PS3!). What's more, nowadays the games I still play on the PC are yesteryear's games, because today's games have such high requirements they won't even play on my PC at all (case in point Need For Speed Shift, which was not only so sluggish it was like watching a slideshow, but a race would only run for 5 seconds before the game would mysterously exit back to the Windows desktop all of a sudden; the PS3 version on the other hand works like a charm and is silky smooth, not to mention it happily works with my Logitech G25 Steering Wheel).

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Best possible graphics? yes

Best interface for every game type? No

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Nope. I think the PC is the best because of backwards compatibility alone... Well, older games.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Nope. I think the PC is the best because of backwards compatibility alone... Well, older games.

awssk8er716

BC on PC dont feel like it used to.

dah_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 dah_master
Member since 2009 • 643 Posts

IMO Console>PC gaming... Like someone said before you have to always upgrade your PC to be able to play today's games but for console... You just by a console and your done. Consoles have better games this gen so im happy right now... Sooner or later i will probably give PC a chance sinse right now, I bought a better pc...

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#116 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

deathtarget04

First you brag about consoles have more AAA games, then you say scores don't count RIGHT AFTER being told that PC still has more exclusives? :lol: Try to be more subtle when using double standards please.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#117 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="ElTriforceo"] This statement is false. I thought it was true but this gen it simply isn't. Of all time obviously ya.... but that doesn't count, if all systems had over 20 years of shelf life and was just upgraded (meaning every few years spending $200 on an upgrade) every so often, they'd have just as many.deathtarget04

see for yourself.

When you need to compare the PC against ALL three other platforms,you know the PC has won.
spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#118 spacedog1973
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

I was one of those that thought hooking up my pc to my TV would be a massive complicated mess. But no. Just got a DVI to HDMI cable and away I go. Use a couple of wireless Xbox controllers and play when friends are over on my couch in front of my 50" TV. Its not hard at all and provides a clearly superior image - you should hear my friends talk about and look at the graphics in amazement. So if you have a nice new HD TV, plug up your PC to it and enjoy - its really very easy to do.

Avatar image for Cerberus_Legion
Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 Cerberus_Legion
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

see for yourself.

Arach666

When you need to compare the PC against ALL three other platforms,you know the PC has won.

When you have decades of PC gaming compared to a five or so year generation of console gaming, it's quite easy to do so, and this is where it becomes flawed, IMO.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

Cerberus_Legion

When you have decades of PC gaming compared to a five or so year generation of console gaming, it's quite easy to do so, and this is where it becomes flawed, IMO.

actually ..these start from when the first console this gen came out..the 360...if you read the spreadsheet .. on top it says

Gamespot PC Game Reviews
(11/15/05 to current)

Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Cerberus_Legion

[QUOTE="Cerberus_Legion"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"] When you need to compare the PC against ALL three other platforms,you know the PC has won.devious742

actually ..these start from when the first console this gen came out..the 360...

Do they? :? I always see many PC gamers going far back into the 90s for some of their arguments, or even the PS2/Xbox/DC/Gamecube generation. Meh, best not to generalize. Some PC gamers do this, though. They like to count the entire back catalog of PC games against one console generation.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="devious742"]

Cerberus_Legion

actually ..these start from when the first console this gen came out..the 360...

Do they? :? I always see many PC gamers going far back into the 90s for some of their arguments, or even the PS2/Xbox/DC/Gamecube generation. Meh, best not to generalize. Some PC gamers do this, though. They like to count the entire back catalog of PC games against one console generation.

you didn't look at the spreadsheet? :(

Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Cerberus_Legion

[QUOTE="devious742"] actually ..these start from when the first console this gen came out..the 360...

CaseyWegner

Guess I have to be a little more observant. :P Apologies. :oops:

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Cerberus_Legion

Guess I have to be a little more observant. :P Apologies. :oops:

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED!!!

Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Cerberus_Legion

Apology should be accepted. :( That's a cute puppy. :)

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

deathtarget04

How dare you are to try to compare the new Stalker with the UC2. Stalker is far better game in every way(atmosphere, graphics, gameplay) on the other hand UC2 is like interactive movie(boring and lame) with no freedom at all and extremely linear.

What low scores??? Do understand that pc's have more and better exclusives?

"Higher standards theory"

For example when the same game get 8.0 in all the three platforms (pc, ps3, 360) that means that:
This pc-game get 8.0 compare to the rest pc-games.
This ps3-game get 8.0 compare to the rest ps3-games.
This 360-game get 8.0 compare to the rest 360-games.

Now if we compare directly pc ps3 360 we will get something like that:
pc-game get 8.0
ps3-game get 4.0
360-game get 4.0

Because the same game on pc run with 1920x1200, 60fps 4xAA 16AF, veryhigh setting, also dedicated servers, ability to use mods etc.
The same game on consoles runs with 1280x720 or 1024x600, 25-30fps, 0xAA or 2xAA 0AF, medium setting, also NO dedicated servers, NO ability to use mods etc.
From the above reasons the same game will get different scores.

The higher standards theory is 100% correct because if we have a pc game that deserve 9.0 but this pc game have limitations 1280x720 or 1024x600, 25-30fps, 0xAA or 2xAA 0AF, medium setting, also NO dedicated servers, NO ability to use mods do you thing that this game will get a 9.0 compare to the rest pc-games? of course not.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 MK-Professor

Wait, what? No it doesn't. Games like Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted 2 are as good if not better than anything on the PC.

DarthBilf

You have to understand that even the worst pc games are better than Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted 2.

13C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 13C
Member since 2010 • 1024 Posts

God hermits are elitist :roll:

It all comes down to games and some ppl prefer more then just shooters and mmo

13C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 13C
Member since 2010 • 1024 Posts

[QUOTE="DarthBilf"] Wait, what? No it doesn't. Games like Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted 2 are as good if not better than anything on the PC.

MK-Professor

You have to understand that even the worst pc games are better than Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted 2.

The the biggest pile of **** ive ever heard

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#130 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

God hermits are elitist :roll:

It all comes down to games and some ppl prefer more then just shooters and mmo

13C

...and RTS and TBS and Simulators(flying,etc...)and indie games and real racing sims(GTR2,WTCC)and action rpg´s(diablo,torchlight,sacred,etc...)and so on..(pretty sure I´m forgeting a bunch of genres but still...)

So yes 13C,PC is just about shooters and mmo´s...

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

MK-Professor

How dare you are to try to compare the new Stalker with the UC2. Stalker is far better game in every way(atmosphere, graphics, gameplay) on the other hand UC2 is like interactive movie(boring and lame) with no freedom at all and extremely linear.

For example when the same game get 8.0 in all the three platforms (pc, ps3, 360) that means that:

pc-game get 8.0
ps3-game get 4.0
360-game get 4.0

Because the same game on pc run with 1920x1200, 60fps 4xAA 16AF, veryhigh setting, also dedicated servers, ability to use mods etc.
The same game on consoles runs with 1280x720 or 1024x600, 25-30fps, 0xAA or 2xAA 0AF, medium setting, also NO dedicated servers, NO ability to use mods etc.

The higher standards theory is 100% correct because if we have a pc game that deserve 9.0 but this pc game have limitations 1280x720 or 1024x600, 25-30fps, 0xAA or 2xAA 0AF, medium setting, also NO dedicated servers, NO ability to use mods do you thing that this game will get a 9.0 compare to the rest pc-games? of course not.

Man you hermits need to get out more.

So how come UC2 won 50 game of the years last year? (Cows keep bragging this)

and i'm sure stalker will do the same lolz.

Face it, consoles are not that far behind PC's in terms of graphics.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="DarthBilf"] Wait, what? No it doesn't. Games like Super Mario Galaxy and Uncharted 2 are as good if not better than anything on the PC.

MK-Professor

You seroius? No please just stop.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

deathtarget04

UC2 is a damn good game thats why it deserved the awards (although batman AA was more deserving)

but that last comment is flat out wrong.

even multiplatform games on the pc compared to the consoles have a significant increase in graphics quality.

Dynafrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Dynafrom
Member since 2003 • 1027 Posts

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

deathtarget04

pc-game get 8.0
ps3-game get 4.0
360-game get 4.0

Face what? I own both the PS3 and have a killer gaming rig. Graphics between consoles and PC's are quite dramatic. So unless you have both, you have 0 credibility.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Hanass

First you brag about consoles have more AAA games, then you say scores don't count RIGHT AFTER being told that PC still has more exclusives? :lol: Try to be more subtle when using double standards please.

Nice one.

Yeah w/e, I dont care at all about scores. I just pointed out that consoles have more AAA's (Hermits keep saying this for some reason)

And no bragging that one persons opinion is the all mighty truth, ha no.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

deathtarget04

Nice one.

Yeah w/e, I dont care at all about scores. I just pointed out that consoles have more AAA's (Hermits keep saying this for some reason)

If you didn't care about scores, then you wouldn't be bashing STALKER because it got an 8 here.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

MK-Professor

it has nothing to do with that. fact is pc FPSs RTS adventure, Action, and generally most types of games have been around on the pc longer other than sports and platformers. theres more games.

its like this imagine you have 2 food critic. one food critic has gone to 2000 french resturantes in his career the other is just starting and has hit maybe 3.

the first critics standards will be higher honed over the many places visited. it takes a lot more to impress. hes handed out 8s and 9s. his exact standards have been crafted. the other one not so much. he is still learning what to expect.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

washd123

UC2 is a damn good game thats why it deserved the awards (although batman AA was more deserving)

but that last comment is flat out wrong.

even multiplatform games on the pc compared to the consoles have a significant increase in graphics quality.

I would assume so.

But still compared to a generation ago, Consoles definitley have improved. Whether or not you want to admit it or not, consoles ARE getting better grpahics.

The gap was huge. Now its still noticeable but i bet by in a few more gens they could be neck and neck (Ha just speculating i bet PC hardware will get better also)

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

Nice one.

If you didn't care about scores, then you wouldn't be bashing STALKER because it got an 8 here.

Touche again (Man your on a roll)

8 is a great score. But i would have to play it in order to judge its entierty.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Hanass

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

Nice one.

deathtarget04

:| Is this some sort of indirect mocking? I had no intention of "dissing" you; I was just pointing out flaws in your reasoning.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deathtarget04

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

[QUOTE="Hanass"]

Hanass

:| Is this some sort of indirect mocking?

? No mocking, you've countered my arguements and logic. And i've congratulated you.

No need to get offensive or anything. :P

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]I like the simplicity, short-term cheapness and quite a few games that are not on PC. So yeah, console gaming > PC gaming. Of course, "imo".

$60 games and $50 controllers are not exactly cheap.
DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

MK-Professor

double facepalm

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 MK-Professor

deathtarget04

You have to remember that games like UC2 get high score because consoles have very low standards.

All consol gamers find Uncharted 2 an excellent game but that is not true because consol gamers are used to this types of games like interactive movie (boring and lame). I mean it seemed like every five to ten minutes of gameplay that the game stopped to inject a video clip. Also it is slow, boring and has minimal interaction available, like an interactive movie that only 3 things you can do in the game Shoot, Attack, Jump. Also there is no blood when you kill someone and you don't feel convinced when you gun down the bad guys. This game is far too kiddish for my liking. Also you don't have the ability to explore and you can climb only in a few locations, this game just don't give you freedom. There is no ability to approach any problem or situation with any creativity or individualism. It is way too linear and with no replay value. Also it takes a lot of loading times.

Seriously now this game don't deserve more than 3/10
Also there are 49 PC exclusives(for the 2009) that are better than UC2…

deathtarget04

Graphics quality between consoles and PC's is HUGE….

1920x1200 vs 1280x720 1024x600 250%-360%
4xAA vs2xAA 0xAA 100%
16xAF vs 0xAF 100%
60fps vs 25-30fps 140%
high-resolution textures vs low-resolution textures 100%
verygood lighting, shadows, physics, shaders vs poor lighting, shadows, physics, shaders 400%

So we come to the conclusion that pc's have 1200% better graphics than consoles.

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

MK-Professor

You have to remember that games like UC2 get high score because consoles have very low standards.

All consol gamers find Uncharted 2 an excellent game but that is not true because consol gamers are used to this types of games like interactive movie (boring and lame). I mean it seemed like every five to ten minutes of gameplay that the game stopped to inject a video clip. Also it is slow, boring and has minimal interaction available, like an interactive movie that only 3 things you can do in the game Shoot, Attack, Jump. Also there is no blood when you kill someone and you don't feel convinced when you gun down the bad guys. This game is far too kiddish for my liking. Also you don't have the ability to explore and you can climb only in a few locations, this game just don't give you freedom. There is no ability to approach any problem or situation with any creativity or individualism. It is way too linear and with no replay value. Also it takes a lot of loading times.

deathtarget04

4xAA vs2xAA 0xAA 100%
16xAF vs 0xAF 100%
60fps vs 25-30fps 140%
verygood lighting, shadows, physics, shaders vs poor lighting, shadows, physics, shaders 400%

So we come to the conclusion that pc's have 1200% better graphics than consoles.

Okay, either this is a shtick, or you need to retake math.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#146 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

MK-Professor

deathtarget04

4xAA vs2xAA 0xAA 100%
16xAF vs 0xAF 100%
60fps vs 25-30fps 140%

Dear professor. Judging by your utter fanboism, I 'm pretty certain that you don't own a console.Which automatically invalidates your opinion, because to compare two things you must have some rudimentary knowledge of both.

Now, I have both a gaming PC and a console, and I may assure you that I enjoyed Uncharted 2 far more than Crysis. The score of a game reflects the pleasure people get from it. Also, I would give an old game like Thief:The Dark Project a 10/10, even though by your twisted logic it should get 2/10 because it uses low resolution textures and low polygon models.

Elutheria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Elutheria
Member since 2003 • 286 Posts
I've been gaming on PC's and consoles for years and I prefer console gaming, therefore console gaming > PC gaming FACT! (or yet another subjective opinion, the two things are apparently interchangable on here.) Sorry PC fanboys.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

4xAA vs2xAA 0xAA 100%
16xAF vs 0xAF 100%
60fps vs 25-30fps 140%

MK-Professor

Fair enough. And since you've decided that all of those combined define the graphics standards of PCs, it's now fair to require that any cost-comparison PCs be capable of running any game (yes, including that one that starts with a C) at 1920x1200, 4xAA, 16xAF, maxed out, at a rock-solid 60 fps.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 MK-Professor

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

[QUOTE="deathtarget04"]

KiZZo1

4xAA vs2xAA 0xAA 100%
16xAF vs 0xAF 100%
60fps vs 25-30fps 140%

Dear professor. Judging by your utter fanboism, I 'm pretty certain that you don't own a console.Which automatically invalidates your opinion, because to compare two things you must have some rudimentary knowledge of both.

Now, I have both a gaming PC and a console, and I may assure you that I enjoyed Uncharted 2 far more than Crysis. The score of a game reflects the pleasure people get from it. Also, I would give an old game like Thief:The Dark Project a 10/10, even though by your twisted logic it should get 2/10 because it uses low resolution textures and low polygon models.

Then you haven't even play crysis and also you never had the chance to experience a good gaming system….

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 MK-Professor

I've been gaming on PC's and consoles for years and I prefer console gaming, therefore console gaming > PC gaming FACT! (or yet another subjective opinion, the two things are apparently interchangable on here.) Sorry PC fanboys.Elutheria

Stop lying.