Is there still a debate about PC being the best?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

I'm just curious if there is anyone out there that still believes XBOX/PS3 > PC for gaming, I'm honestly just curious.

The "I like to game from my couch" argument doesn't count, strictly talking about quality of game experience (graphics/controls/games)

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
I like the simplicity, short-term cheapness and quite a few games that are not on PC. So yeah, console gaming > PC gaming. Of course, "imo".
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yep, and it's subjective, but what's objective is that the PC has more AAAs and AAs than consoles.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
Of course there is a debate. I love how people think you can solve the "what is the best" question with a bunch of numbers, and completely exclude personal taste and preference. There will always be a debate.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

I like the simplicity, short-term cheapness and quite a few games that are not on PC. So yeah, console gaming > PC gaming. Of course, "imo".IronBass

You do realize, there are more PC exclusive games then all 3 consoles combined, right?

EDIT: "PC Games don't appeal to me", I can see that coming.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hahadouken

Yep, and it's subjective, but what's objective is that the PC has more AAAs and AAs than consoles.

mitu123
When is the cutoff for that, btw? Are we just counting back to the beginning of this console gen (X360 launch), or is that including everything from Win 3.1 486 computers and onwards?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63f6895020e66
You do realize, there are more PC exclusive games then all 3 consoles combined, right?Nagidar
Yes, I do realize that. But I meant the ones that interest me.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Hahadouken

When is the cutoff for that, btw? Are we just counting back to the beginning of this console gen (X360 launch), or is that including everything from Win 3.1 486 computers and onwards?

it's from the launch of the 360. it's all in the spreadsheet. :)

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Yeh, it's a complete and total fact. Everyone agrees.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]You do realize, there are more PC exclusive games then all 3 consoles combined, right?IronBass
Yes, I do realize that. But I meant the ones that interest me.

Look at my edit, I totally saw that coming, so, you have tried all the good PC exclusive games? Thats where your opinion comes from?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Hahadouken

Only for this gen, because if I count previous gens, the PC still has more when combined.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Look at my edit, I totally saw that coming,so, you have tried all the good PC exclusive games? Thats where your opinion comes from?Nagidar
No, I have not tried all of them. But no one tries all the games of a certain system before deciding if they appeal to his/her taste.
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

All of that is irrelevant. Opinion rules the day in this debate I suppose.

Would you console players switch to PC if you had a bad-momma gaming PC?

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]Look at my edit, I totally saw that coming,so, you have tried all the good PC exclusive games? Thats where your opinion comes from?IronBass
No, I have not tried all of them. But no one tries all the games of a certain system before deciding if they appeal to his/her taste.

So, you have an opinion, based on what? Sounds to me, like most other console fans, you didn't even give PC gaming a chance, hence why I saw that line coming.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts
I never claim what I prefer is better than anything else. I just LIKE it better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-63f6895020e66
So, you have an opinion, based on what? Sounds to me, like most other console fans, you didn't even give PC gaming a chance, hence why I saw that line coming.Nagidar
Everybody judge games to a extent without playing them. That's why we decide for game A instead of game B. For example, I'm getting Dante's Inferno instead of Darksiders. I have not played Darksiders, and I probably won't. But what I've seen from it just does not appeal to me. I'm saying Darksiders is bad? No. Just that it does not appeal to me.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
PC gaming can be considered superior in terms of technology, since the hardware is forever evolving. As far as ease of use and preference in controllers, that's another thing. --- 1.) When discerning the quality of KB/M versus a controller for a cross-platform genre such as FPSs, I enjoy the game depending on how well it's designed for said input method. Overall, I do think Analogue sticks are better for movement, and Mouse is better for aiming. 2.) For ease of use and comfort in playing, I'd pick consoles. Though with a bit extra effort, you can play your PC on your couch as well. 3.) Graphics wise, you already know which is better. But when you have titles that look as good as some PS3 and 360 games, why complain about that?
rockzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rockzo
Member since 2009 • 520 Posts

PC gaming>>>>>Console gaming

Fact

Avatar image for i_am_interested
i_am_interested

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 i_am_interested
Member since 2009 • 1077 Posts
awsome, another closed hardware vs open hardware comparison
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Episode_Eve
As for the games, there are plenty of them to warrant a purchase and play for any system IMO. I wouldn't go solely on spreadsheets, but it can be an aide in your decision making.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]So, you have an opinion, based on what? Sounds to me, like most other console fans, you didn't even give PC gaming a chance, hence why I saw that line coming.IronBass
Everybody judge games to a extent without playing them. That's why we decide for game A instead of game B. For example, I'm getting Dante's Inferno instead of Darksiders. I have not played Darksiders, and I probably won't. But what I've seen from it just does not appeal to me. I'm saying Darksiders is bad? No. Just that it does not appeal to me.

Are you basing that on what the game looks like? (Most people seem too) Just curious, because people always say things like this, yet have no real basis on how one game appeals to them and how another doesn't, for instance, Crysis/Crysis 2, probably one of the best FPS this Gen, yet people will say, "I don't like Crysis, it doesn't appeal to me", yet they have never played it, but will play any other console FPS, over Crysis, it honestly makes no sense to me, I have 2 gaming PC's and all 3 consoles, so thats why I'm curious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Are you basing that on what the game looks like? (Most people seem too) Just curious, because people always say things like this, yet have no real basis on how one game appeals to them and how another doesn't, for instance, Crysis/Crysis 2, probably one of the best FPS this Gen, yet people will say, "I don't like Crysis, it doesn't appeal to me", yet they have never played it, but will play any other console FPS, over Crysis,it honestly makes no sense to me, I have 2 gaming PC's and all 3 consoles, so thats why I'm curious.Nagidar
No, I base my judgement on on their genre, description, plot and what reliable information I can get from reviews.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

CaseyWegner

LOL the spreadsheet. Currrrse yoooooou spreadsheeeeeet! :P Fair enough. I don't dispute that the PC is a phenomenal plat, and since it's been a part of my life since Super Nintendo was the cool kids console, it's definitely my favorite of all time, though I've leaned towards consoles more in the past couple of years. As for my opinion, which is the best platform is purely situational, and largely dependent on the genre.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"] No, I base my judgement on on their genre, description, plot and what reliable information I can get from reviews.

Reviews are often innacurate representations of games. If you've been basing your purchases entirely off of them, you've probably missed out on some great games. Don't rule something out till you play it.
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

Is there still a debate about PC being the best?

haberman13

No. PC gaming is the best in every way possible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"] No, I base my judgement on on their genre, description, plot and what reliable information I can get from reviews.Vandalvideo
Reviews are often innacurate representations of games. If you've been basing your purchases entirely off of them, you've probably missed out on some great games. Don't rule something out till you play it.

Reviews are only one of the things I base my purchase on.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nagidar

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]Are you basing that on what the game looks like? (Most people seem too) Just curious, because people always say things like this, yet have no real basis on how one game appeals to them and how another doesn't, for instance, Crysis/Crysis 2, probably one of the best FPS this Gen, yet people will say, "I don't like Crysis, it doesn't appeal to me", yet they have never played it, but will play any other console FPS, over Crysis,it honestly makes no sense to me, I have 2 gaming PC's and all 3 consoles, so thats why I'm curious.IronBass
No, I base my judgement on on their genre, description, plot and what reliable information I can get from reviews.

Fair enough, I still don't see how anyone can say they don't like PC gaming when there are hundreds of exclusives compared to the consoles, there is bound to be some that people will like.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

I'm a very looooong time PC gamer (15+ years), and ATM have a decent PC. Also, I'm a recent console gamer and I must say I enjoy consoles more ATM. All pros and cons have been discussed till mouth-bleeding so I won't even try it, however, when you say best, you should try to be more specific - best technologically, or best in providing fun, or best in value for money or what ...?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Fair enough, I still don't see how anyone can say they don't like PC gaming when there are hundreds of exclusives compared to the consoles, there is bound to be some that people will like.Nagidar
Oh yeah, me neither. That's why I haven't said I dont like PC gaming. =)
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
think it depends what you like i game on the pc 360 ps3 and somertimes wii and i think each has its own flavour you cant get on the other..
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

There is no debate, it's just a bunch of fanboys trying to bring it down with bull**** statements, which is quite ironic. Why would you try so hard to demolish something if already dead, like you claim?

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"] When is the cutoff for that, btw? Are we just counting back to the beginning of this console gen (X360 launch), or is that including everything from Win 3.1 486 computers and onwards?Hahadouken

LOL the spreadsheet. Currrrse yoooooou spreadsheeeeeet! :P Fair enough. I don't dispute that the PC is a phenomenal plat, and since it's been a part of my life since Super Nintendo was the cool kids console, it's definitely my favorite of all time, though I've leaned towards consoles more in the past couple of years. As for my opinion, which is the best platform is purely situational, and largely dependent on the genre.

Yeah, genres play the biggest role lol. I don't like playing RTSs on consoles...then again I don't care for the genre very much at all!
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

most pc games are just too hardcore imo. Some games just take so long on how to figure out wtf your supposed to do, and then when you figure it out and play on line you get absolutely destroyed by everyone. Cause to me it just seems like with every pc game if your playing online, your playing with people where, thats all that do, is play that game, so unless you dedicate a ton of time to something, you just dont stand a chance. Console games online, sure you run into really skilled people, but for every 1 skilled guy you get 4 or 5 who just play it casually and to have fun, or have never played it before.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AAllxxjjnn

most pc games are just too hardcore imo. Some games just take so long on how to figure out wtf your supposed to do, and then when you figure it out and play on line you get absolutely destroyed by everyone. Cause to me it just seems like with every pc game if your playing online, your playing with people where, thats all that do, is play that game, so unless you dedicate a ton of time to something, you just dont stand a chance. Console games online, sure you run into really skilled people, but for every 1 skilled guy you get 4 or 5 who just play it casually and to have fun, or have never played it before.

VendettaRed07
Nahhh. That really only applies to CS and Starcraft. Oh and Eve Online.
AdmiralRJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AdmiralRJW
Member since 2010 • 556 Posts

No debate neccessary, anybody who doesn't realize the superiority of PC is clearly in denial.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Episode_Eve

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

AAllxxjjnn

What? I'm online? I am :).

Kidding aside, I always was interested in that game, but it seems hardcore lol. Dust 514 seems cool though.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Episode_Eve

What? I'm online? I am :).

Kidding aside, I always was interested in that game, but it seems hardcore lol. Metro (numbers) seems cool though.

lol, Eve Online is beyond words involving. EVE Online Bank Scandal
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

I'm just curious if there is anyone out there that still believes XBOX/PS3 > PC for gaming, I'm honestly just curious.

The "I like to game from my couch" argument doesn't count, strictly talking about quality of game experience (graphics/controls/games)

haberman13

Sadly yes, there are still people that think that. They will say that console gaming is easier, that it is cheaper, and other things that are false.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

haberman13
So basically your argument is "does anyone out there still think consoles > PC for gaming? The things that are important to you don't count, strictly talking about the things I care about." We're consolites BECAUSE things like simplicity or kicking back on the couch with a gamepad are more important to us than the difference in graphics/controls/games between consoles and PC. If we didn't think that, wouldn't we have just bought PCs instead?
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"]I like the simplicity, short-term cheapness and quite a few games that are not on PC. So yeah, console gaming > PC gaming. Of course, "imo".Nagidar

You do realize, there are more PC exclusive games then all 3 consoles combined, right?

I know, it's hard to accept that everyone does not agree with you. However, I started as a PC Gamer, I am still a PC Gamer(hell I subscribe to PC Gamer), but I prefer console gaming. Why? It appeals to me more in many ways, the community of friends I have, the controls, the simplicity, not having to deal with nearly as many bugs and software errors ingrained within the OS. That's not all either, but enough for here.
adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts

Console gaming's simplicity might make it seem better than PC gaming, but PC gaming is obviously better. You get what you pay for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I'd rather have either a 360 or PS3 over PC. PC gaming is kinda dead in terms of good exclusive games, and I prefer controllers over keyboard and mouse. Also, I'd rather play on a big TV rather than my not so big computer screen. And nobody I know IRL PC games either so what's the point? Also, there are no standardized achievements/trophies on PC. Sure some games support them but there aren't many.

Another point is, that I don't live in a very big town so none of the stores here sell the latest PC games. And another thing, I'm not totally sure. but I don't think you can play used GFWL games.

Also, its extremely expensive to keep on upgrading a PC. And if I want a new graphics card I need a new motherboard because mine doesn't support AGP or PCI (forget which one, but its the newer one). You can argue that a console costs like $300 now but do you know how much I'd have to pay to upgrade my computer to bench the best games nowadays?

• -New OS (I still have XP with its dx9)
  • More RAM (I only have 512)
  • New Motherboard (current one doesn't support the latest graphics card)
  • New graphics card
  • I'd also need a new monitor that supports 1080p
  • Maybe a new sound card

This would probably cost me over $700 from what I guess. I'd rather take a $300 console, with graphics that are actually pretty/often the same as PC game's graphics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

[QUOTE="IronBass"]I like the simplicity, short-term cheapness and quite a few games that are not on PC. So yeah, console gaming > PC gaming. Of course, "imo".Nagidar

You do realize that most of them aren't any good right?

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anshul89

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="IronBass"]I like the simplicity, short-term cheapness and quite a few games that are not on PC. So yeah, console gaming > PC gaming. Of course, "imo".ColdP1zza

He meant high quality exclusives. They all scored above 8 on gamespot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

I just though of the debate-ending point which proves consoles are superior to PC gaming. Local multiplayer. I have friends who I interact with in real life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

[QUOTE="ColdP1zza"]

[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

anshul89

He meant high quality exclusives. They all scored above 8 on gamespot.

Alright, now address my other two posts on this thread. The long one and the local MP one.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hanass

I just though of the debate-ending point which proves consoles are superior to PC gaming. Local multiplayer. I have friends who I interact with in real life.

ColdP1zza

You can't prove something with an opinion.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 anshul89

I'd rather have either a 360 or PS3 over PC. PC gaming is kinda dead in terms of good exclusive games, and I prefer controllers over keyboard and mouse. Also, I'd rather play on a big TV rather than my not so big computer screen. And nobody I know IRL PC games either so what's the point? Also, there are no standardized achievements/trophies on PC. Sure some games support them but there aren't many.

Another point is, that I don't live in a very big town so none of the stores here sell the latest PC games. And another thing, I'm not totally sure. but I don't think you can play used GFWL games.ColdP1zza

You can use any controller you want on a PC. Connecting a PC to an HDTV is as easy as connecting a console to it. Achievements/trophies are a plus for consoles but it doesn't make games without them any less fun.

Also, its extremely expensive to keep on upgrading a PC. And if I want a new graphics card I need a new motherboard because mine doesn't support AGP or PCI (forget which one, but its the newer one). You can argue that a console costs like $300 now but do you know how much I'd have to pay to upgrade my computer to bench the best games nowadays?

• New graphics card
  • Maybe a new sound card

This would probably cost me over $700 from what I guess. I'd rather take a $300 console, with graphics that are actually pretty/often the same as PC game's graphics.

ColdP1zza

A PC that's as powerful as the 360/PS3 won't cost over $700 lol. I'm pretty sure you can build one for $500.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anshul89

ColdP1zza

Are you serious ? There are many, many pc games that support local multiplayer.

Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hanass

Another point is, that I don't live in a very big town so none of the stores here sell the latest PC games. And another thing, I'm not totally sure. but I don't think you can play used GFWL games.

• New graphics card
  • Maybe a new sound card

ColdP1zza

Yes, me, myself and I, I, IIIIIII... How many times did you use the word "I" in this post? Egocentric much? Your personal experience does not "prove" anything.

And that last part is just flat-out false.