Is the PS4 really, truely 50% more powerful than the Xbone?

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

No. Don't be surprised if multiplats look and play better on the X1. Time will tell tho

jeffmonster
stop smoking that stuff, its no good for you.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
yep, lems.am.cry why do u think they are in damage control mode like they have never been before :lol:
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

If you believe the ps4 is 50% more powerful then youll also believe in lepricohaun's, santa, teh cell and emotion engine.

Sony has a track record of lying...why anyone would believe them now is simply astonishing.

kinectthedots

:lol: the damage control, bu bu but teh Sony said>

Adrian Chmielarz was the former Creative Director at People Can Fly for Painkiller, Bulletstorm and Gears of War Judgment.

MdsuCAK.png

LMAO, keep the damage control up lems it just gets better and better.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_and_ps4_have_no_advantage_over_the_other_says_redlynx.html

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at E3, Ilvessuo said: " Obviously we have been developing this game for a while and you can see the comparisons. I would say if you know how to use the platform they are both very powerful. I don't see a benefit over the other with any of the consoles."

----

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_power_difference_is_minimal_says_kojima.html

"The difference is small, and I don't really need to worry about it," he said, suggesting versions for Xbox One and PS4 won't be dramatically different.

----

http://gamingbolt.com/ubisoft-explains-the-difference-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-versions-of-watch_dogs

"Of course, the Xbox One isnt to be counted out. We asked Guay how the Xbox One version of Watch_Dogs would be different compared to the PC and PS4 versions of the game, to which he replied that, The Xbox One is a powerful platform, as of now we do not foresee a major difference in on screen result between the PS4 and the Xbox One. Obviously since we are still working on pushing the game on these new consoles, we are still doing R&D."

----

link

"We're still very much in the R&D period, that's what I call it, because the hardware is still new," Guay answered. "It's obvious to us that its going to take a little while before we can get to the full power of those machines and harness everything. But, even now we realise that both of them have comparable power, and for us thats good, but everyday it changes almost. Were pushing it and were going to continue doing that until [Watch Dogs] ship date."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/1/4580380/carmack-on-next-gen-console-hardware-very-close-very-good

Carmack on next-gen console hardware: 'very close,' 'very good'

http://www.inquisitr.com/953465/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-game-developers-say-its-a-draw/

"When talking about the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, John Carmack said they are both very close and very good. John Carmack is the id Software technical director responsible for Doom and Quake. Many other games use the game engines and graphics effects he had a hand in inventing. So when John Carmack says he feels the two gaming consoles bring essentially the same capabilities to developers, its probably wise to believe him."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/gaijin-games-on-why-war-thunder-isnt-coming-to-xbox-one/

How much more powerful?

AY: It depends what youre doing. GPU, like 40 per cent more powerful. DDR5 is basically 50 per cent more powerful than DDR3, but the memory write [performance] is bigger on Xbox One so it depends on what youre doing.

How is that going to translate to on-screen results for the kinds of games you want to make? So to optimise War Thunder on both consoles you could hypothetically make a better, prettier version on PS4?

AY: Yep.

KY: Probably yes. But again, thats not a very big deal.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Xbox One does, however, boast superior performance to PS4 in other ways. Lets say you are using procedural generation or raytracing via parametric surfaces that is, using a lot of memory writes and not much texturing or ALU Xbox One will be likely be faster, said one developer

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="kinectthedots"]

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

If you believe the ps4 is 50% more powerful then youll also believe in lepricohaun's, santa, teh cell and emotion engine.

Sony has a track record of lying...why anyone would believe them now is simply astonishing.

Evo_nine

:lol: the damage control, bu bu but teh Sony said>

Adrian Chmielarz was the former Creative Director at People Can Fly for Painkiller, Bulletstorm and Gears of War Judgment.

MdsuCAK.png

LMAO, keep the damage control up lems it just gets better and better.

if I told you santa was real, would you believe me? cause it looks like you believe everything you read

what an absolute failure of a spin. :lol:

Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts
we will know when the comparisons come out between ps4 and xbox one multiplats
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Evo_nine

I seemingly don't recall Sony ever claiming this.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="danabo"]

No.

Source: Released specifications. Look at them.

It is sad to see both consoles this outdated before launch.

Cranler
Last time consoles were this outdated at launch was 1990.

This is the first time a console as powerful as a pc is simply impossible due to size, power and heat issues.

Started from NVIDIA's 8800 GTX's ~185 watts for just the GPU.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ronvalencia

Evo_nine

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/workstation-graphics-card-gaming,review-32643-9.html

7850 = 45.

W5000 = 33.

Crysis2DX11-1080p.png

45 fps / 33 fps = 1.36 or 36 percent more fps.

---

W5000 = ~1.267 TFLOPS

7850 = 1.75 TFLOPS

1.75 / 1.267 = 1.38 or 38 percent more FLOPS.

At mid-range (pre-AMD Volcanic Islands era) AMD GCNs and for this game, FLOPS roughly scales with frame rates.

PS4's GCN is slightly faster than 7850, which is in-line with "40 percent more power".

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="kinectthedots"]

[QUOTE="wiiutroll"] i don't know , i am under assumption ps4 is slightly more powerful but not extent people are saying. I will wait until they both come to make my mind to something like this. we don't if who these unknown developer are and what field that they do.

wiiutroll

REALITY CHECK:

PS4 currently around 50% more powerful than Xbox One, developersblame graphics drivers

"According to numerous game developers, Sony's PlayStation 4 console is currently around 50 per cent faster in real-world terms than Microsoft's rival Xbox One, despite the latter having received pre-launch speed boosts to its graphics and central processors"

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1302301/ps4-currently-around-50-more-powerful-than-xbox-one-developers-blame-graphics-drivers

Wake up, it's not "people" it's the freaking developers. Huge difference. You system wars self proclaimed tech gurus aren't arguing with arguing with "people" you are trying to discredit the individuals responsible for creating the games on the systems themselves.

so it's not 50%, it's the driver problem . For i know these people been coding the network for the game or coding ui . Game developer is a broad term. If they do any the task that i mention in the game, i hardly doubt they know the full extent the hardware and you prove my point it's not 50% more powerful. And thank you for using a curated content website. You are looking real trust worthy right now.

50 precent was from anon sources while "40 precent more power" for the GPU has a dev name attached to it.

From my POV, X1's GCN with 12 CUs and memory setup is less robust than the prototype-7850 with 12 CUs and flat 153.6 GB/s GDDR5 bandwidth.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts
Power between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Performance between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Graphics between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Exclusive games will be different, though equally impressive. Therefore.......choose the console based on the games you want to play, not based on fictitious power differences made up by fanboys on the internet with too much time on their hands. These fanboys only make up these fictitious console differences in hopes to sway people away from purchasing the competing console. However, the fanboys' tactics will NEVER work, and people will purchase whichever console has the games they (the people) want to play, or they purchase both consoles if they want to have more options on game choices and not be limited.
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

I'm a developer, I can confirm that it is quite a bit more powerful and capable, as well as more functional in some areas people have yet to talk about. As for 50%? Don't be surprised if the gap ends up being that wide 2-3 years from now.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Thunder7151

I'm a developer, I can confirm that it is quite a bit more powerful and capable, as well as more functional in some areas people have yet to talk about.

Shensolidus
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I think those power differences are negligible to consumers who would be playing mostly multiplatforms anyway and i kid you not, developers would definately aim for parity between both consoles to avoid the political debate. The only place you would see the power difference is in the exclusives

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Power between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Performance between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Graphics between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Exclusive games will be different, though equally impressive. Thunder7151
:lol: thanks for the technical breakdown of the capabilities of PS4 and xbox one level 3.

Now we can all disregard the multiple developers who have all come out stating otherwise!!

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shensolidus

I think those power differences are negligible to consumers who would be playing mostly multiplatforms anyway and i kid you not, developers would definately aim for parity between both consoles to avoid the political debate. The only place you would see the power difference is in the exclusives

megaspiderweb09
There is no political debate; this isn't affecting us in the slightest. What you need to understand is that development this time around, code-wise, is all revolving around x86 chipsets. We are starting with the PC and optimizing it for the strengths of each console. Right now, This isn't something that will affect the overall performance, but rather more subtle aspects of games. Things like particle effects, resolution of VFX, shadows, AA, picmip and other IQ effects that we can normally customize on PC are being optimized to ensure that consoles hit their respective performance deltas. Basically, you will see it in VFX in multiplatform titles.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
ron can you fking stop with benchmarks and 3+ links in every of your post? you're like those spam bots on twich...
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Shensolidus
[QUOTE="Shensolidus"]

I'm a developer, I can confirm that it is quite a bit more powerful and capable, as well as more functional in some areas people have yet to talk about.

Thunder7151

LOL, love that meme. And the things I could say.... oh BOY, the things I could say... :)
Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Thunder7151

[QUOTE="Thunder7151"]Power between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Performance between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Graphics between the XBOX ONE and PS4 will be identical (or at least the difference will not be noticeable at all). Exclusive games will be different, though equally impressive. kinectthedots

:lol: thanks for the technical breakdown of the capabilities of PS4 and xbox one level 3.

Now we can all disregard the multiple developers who have all come out stating otherwise!!

Yeah, ANONYMOUS developers!! LOL!!! ANONYMOUS developers = fanboys And don't forget, many actual REPUTABLE REAL developers said the differences in power between the two consoles were extremely small.
Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Thunder7151
[QUOTE="Thunder7151"][QUOTE="Shensolidus"]

Shensolidus

LOL, love that meme. And the things I could say.... oh BOY, the things I could say... :)

You mean......the things you could make up.......oh boy, the things you could make up.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

50 percent cant be quantified.  It depends on alot variables.   Fidelity doesnt correlate to this which is why we have such a big discussion.   Ps4 has more horse, but in the end in comes down to dev talent.   Multiplats should support ps4 almost all the time.  Microsoft must have cloud exclusives to match the competition in this area.     1st party could arguably have the best on XBO becausr of talent.  If microsoft secured naughty dogs then guess what.  The best looking game that year would be the one naughty dog makes.   Ps4 more powerful though overall.  Msft smartened up at the end and now are hungry.  Mattrick was a big problem.

Chutebox

Talent and MS? Since when?

MS' most talented dev is probably 343i

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Xbox was at least 100% more powerful than PS 2 and we all know how that played out.

Cranler
Yeah it was a must own system with more system sellers than the PS2 had.
danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Yeah, ANONYMOUS developers!! LOL!!! ANONYMOUS developers = fanboys And don't forget, many actual REPUTABLE REAL developers said the differences in power between the two consoles were extremely small.Thunder7151

Does it bother you that the Xbox One is not as powerful as the PS4? Will the Xbox One having less "raw power" make Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct or any other exclusive a lesser product because the PS4 is more powerful? Was the PS2 unplayable due to being severely underpowered when compared to the original Xbox 1?

Anywho, specifications for both consoles are very similar and similarly outdated at launch.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Do you see anything even remotely close to this on Xbone? Xbone is the kind of systems MS should've released in 09, not end of 2013.
1BpMnZD1.gif

silversix_
Do I see a stupid control mechanic that no one will use? yeah its called kinect.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="Thunder7151"][QUOTE="Shensolidus"]

Shensolidus

oh my god stop lying.

1. your name isn't a big bad secret.
2. the company and game your working on aren't some big bad secret.

Since you started posting on system wars about 3 months ago you've mentioned you were a developer 100 or so times, a true developer isn't such a desperate attention whore like that, If you want to prove you're a developer working on the next gen systems all you need tell us is your name, company you work for, and the name of that game these are not protected by NDA's.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Thunder7151

[QUOTE="Thunder7151"]Yeah, ANONYMOUS developers!! LOL!!! ANONYMOUS developers = fanboys And don't forget, many actual REPUTABLE REAL developers said the differences in power between the two consoles were extremely small.danabo

Does it bother you that the Xbox One is not as powerful as the PS4?

Why would it bother me? I have both systems preordered for their respective launch dates. However, I have also seen gameplay videos of both XBOX ONE and PS4 games, read REPUTABLE articles on the internet about their performance, and have used common sense to come to the conclusion that the differences in power (if any) between the two consoles is miniscule. Just look at history: Ever since the original XBOX and PS2, have there been an noticeable differences in performance and graphics in multiplat or exclusive games between a Microsoft and Sony console of the same gen? Well, if you look at it objectively, the answer is NO.
danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 danabo

[QUOTE="danabo"]

[QUOTE="Thunder7151"]Yeah, ANONYMOUS developers!! LOL!!! ANONYMOUS developers = fanboys And don't forget, many actual REPUTABLE REAL developers said the differences in power between the two consoles were extremely small.Thunder7151

Why would it bother me? I have both systems preordered for their respective launch dates. However, I have also seen gameplay videos of both XBOX ONE and PS4 games, read REPUTABLE articles on the internet about their performance, and have used common sense to come to the conclusion that the differences in power (if any) between the two consoles is miniscule. Just look at history: Ever since the original XBOX and PS2, have there been an noticeable differences in performance and graphics in multiplat or exclusive games between a Microsoft and Sony console of the same gen? Well, if you look at it objectively, the answer is NO.

Agreed. Nice, sensible reply.

EDIT: I'm still on a (perhaps one-man) boycott of the Xbox One due to the 24 hour check-in they tried to get away with, but I share the sentiment.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

It's actually 50.00223132%. 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="Thunder7151"][QUOTE="danabo"]

danabo

EDIT: I'm still on a (perhaps one-man) boycott of the Xbox One due to the 24 hour check-in they tried to get away with, but I share the sentiment.

Actually I share the same opinion, and refuse to purchase an xbox dOne becasue of the DRM.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

Do you see anything even remotely close to this on Xbone? Xbone is the kind of systems MS should've released in 09, not end of 2013.
1BpMnZD1.gif

WilliamRLBaker

Do I see a stupid control mechanic that no one will use? yeah its called kinect.

Stupid? ITS REVOLUTIONARY!!!

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Thunder7151

danabo

My advice is: Don't let the previous (now dropped) 24 hour check-in policy stop you from playing the games you want to play. Right when I saw Killer Instinct gameplay videos, I decided to buy an XBOX ONE. That's all it took for me to decide.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 danabo

My advice is: Don't let the previous (now dropped) 24 hour check-in policy stop you from playing the games you want to play. Right when I saw Killer Instinct gameplay videos, I decided to buy an XBOX ONE. That's all it took for me to decide. Thunder7151

DR3 & KI are tempting. If/when a new Banjo is revealed I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Do you mean what's technically in the machine or what comes out of the HDMI cable?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="silversix_"]

1BpMnZD1.gif

silversix_

that is idiotic no ones going to use it, its yet another abortion like Sixaxis it will not offer any speedier method of control than the thumb sticks, and face buttons. I would have designed the ds4 quite different.
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shensolidus

oh my god stop lying.

1. your name isn't a big bad secret.
2. the company and game your working on aren't some big bad secret.

Since you started posting on system wars about 3 months ago you've mentioned you were a developer 100 or so times, a true developer isn't such a desperate attention whore like that, If you want to prove you're a developer working on the next gen systems all you need tell us is your name, company you work for, and the name of that game these are not protected by NDA's.

WilliamRLBaker

1. Saying my name isn't a secret, and it would immediately confirm who I am and where I work, but some of the things I HAVE said on here over the last few months would get me fired. 

2. My studio and our game aren't a big secret. In fact, it is quite a large game (and i've even seen you say nice things about it, thank you). Saying both the names of either wouldn't get me in trouble, but once again, some of the statements I have made on here would ABSOLUTELY get me fired. And it wouldn't be such a big dead, BUUUUUT... i've logged into this account at work. So, all it takes is one person on here to report it to the studio and again, i'd get in trouble.

As much as i'd love to put myself out there and shut the naysayers up, the last thing I want is to lose my livlihood and the progress i've made in my career in the last two years. I had a colleague jeopardize his CAREER a few months ago, and he lost his job with the studio, for making such a mistake. I won't be doing the same.

I've been here since 2004, possibly even older than that, and I became a developer in 2011. I began posting again on SW merely to be able to provide insight into what is going on from this side of the industry to you folks in a candid, honest way. Cut the PR and the BS talk. I'm giving it to you guys as straight as every developer is seeing things from within the industry right now. I know that it comes off as anti-Xbox, but it isn't an isolated case in regards to the One. Believe me, the 360 was an amazing console and developing for it is a dream compared to the PS3. But things have changed, very drastically I might say.

Apssei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Apssei
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

danabo

sure graphical differenses wheren't that big but wasn't the framerate really bad in versions of some multiplats in the current gen while ps3 and 360 are very close in power? i think bad framerate is a big deal.

the difference could end up being insignificant but specs and developers say otherwise.  

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 danabo

[QUOTE="danabo"]

[QUOTE="Thunder7151"] Why would it bother me? I have both systems preordered for their respective launch dates. However, I have also seen gameplay videos of both XBOX ONE and PS4 games, read REPUTABLE articles on the internet about their performance, and have used common sense to come to the conclusion that the differences in power (if any) between the two consoles is miniscule. Just look at history: Ever since the original XBOX and PS2, have there been an noticeable differences in performance and graphics in multiplat or exclusive games between a Microsoft and Sony console of the same gen? Well, if you look at it objectively, the answer is NO.Apssei

sure graphical differenses wheren't that big but wasn't the framerate really bad in versions of some multiplats in the current gen while ps3 and 360 are very close in power? i think bad framerate is a big deal.

the difference could end up being insignificant but specs and developers say otherwise.  

I'm not sure what specifications you're looking at, they look similarly outdated to me. If you want high-FPS, I would say go PC - the current and next-gen consoles simply cannot match the performance of mid-high end PCs. The exclusive content these consoles have interests me.

EDIT: From what I remember of the current gen, the majority of multi-plats performed better on the console with "technically lower power" - the differences this time around should be just as negligible, no?

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

No!

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

No!

Apssei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Apssei

[QUOTE="Apssei"]

[QUOTE="danabo"]

danabo

I'm not sure what specifications you're looking at, they look similarly outdated to me. If you want high-FPS, I would say go PC - the current and next-gen consoles simply cannot match the performance of mid-high end PCs. The exclusive content these consoles have interests me.

EDIT: From what I remember of the current gen, the majority of multi-plats performed better on the console with "technically lower power" - the differences this time around should be just as negligible, no?

what specs could i have been looking and what does the fact that they are both outdated have anything to do with one console being more powerfull than the other? i agree they are outdated and if you want power you will choose pc.

the thread is about the perfomance difference between ps4/x1 and the quotes are about wether the difference is going to be noticable in games

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 danabo

[QUOTE="danabo"]

[QUOTE="Apssei"]

Apssei

what specs could i have been looking and what does the fact that they are both outdated have anything to do with one console being more powerfull than the other? i agree they are outdated and if you want power you will choose pc.

the thread is about the perfomance difference between ps4/x1 and the quotes are about wether the difference is going to be noticable in games

From what I remember of the current gen, the majority of multi-plats performed better on the console with "technically lower power" - the differences this time around should be just as negligible, no?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
I lol at 50%! Cows like it though.
Apssei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Apssei

From what I remember of the current gen, the majority of multi-plats performed better on the console with "technically lower power" - the differences this time around should be just as negligible, no?

danabo

i don't think you can safely say which console is more powerful this gen. 

My point is that differenses in some cases where not negligible(framerate problems). i guess we disagree on that one. 

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 danabo

[QUOTE="danabo"]

Apssei

i don't think you can safely say which console is more powerful this gen. 

My point is that differenses in some cases where not negligible(framerate problems). i guess we disagree on that one. 

I have no solid opinion either way, I enjoy the discussion. But, if we take current-gen into account then the only situation I would consider this an issue is if you own both platforms; then you would want the versions of the multi-plat game(s) that run better - which happened to be on the console with "technically less power" this time around.

EDIT: Which is what I meant by negligible differences, hardware-wise not software. I agree you would want the version of a multi-plat that runs best.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Zaibach

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

50 percent cant be quantified.  It depends on alot variables.   Fidelity doesnt correlate to this which is why we have such a big discussion.   Ps4 has more horse, but in the end in comes down to dev talent.   Multiplats should support ps4 almost all the time.  Microsoft must have cloud exclusives to match the competition in this area.     1st party could arguably have the best on XBO becausr of talent.  If microsoft secured naughty dogs then guess what.  The best looking game that year would be the one naughty dog makes.   Ps4 more powerful though overall.  Msft smartened up at the end and now are hungry.  Mattrick was a big problem.

Chutebox

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] Do I see a stupid control mechanic that no one will use? yeah its called kinect.WilliamRLBaker

that is idiotic no ones going to use it, its yet another abortion like Sixaxis it will not offer any speedier method of control than the thumb sticks, and face buttons. I would have designed the ds4 quite different.

Well thats great and all but i'll take the Sony engineers vision over yours,lol

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Zaibach

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

Chutebox

Apssei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Apssei

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="XBOunity"]

Zaibach

deja vu?

gamespot is glitching for everyone today i guess

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#100 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Yes......PS4 is 50% more powerful and cheaper. XBone.....boooooooooooooooo.