Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

Five Hundred and Ninety Nine US Dollars baby awe yeahhhh

"NEO option B" with better CPU has $100 higher price tag over "NEO option A". Scorpio is similar to "NEO option B" spec.

"NEO option B" target price is $499.

Both MS and Sony has the same AMD road maps.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/23460-massive-ps4-neo-leak-gpu-2x-more-powerful-high-clock-speed-55tf-price-499.html

Sony is currently testing two different PS4 Neo models, out of these two only ONE will be selected for consumers. The first PlayStation 4 Neo variant offers a 4.2TF performance and has a Jaguar CPU and internally carries a price tag of $399.

The second variant of PlayStation 4 Neo offers a 5.5TF GPU and comes with a brand new CPU and carries a price tag of $499. Sony planning to release PlayStation 4 Neo either at the end of 2016 or before March 2016. If Sony decides to go with the $499 variant of PlayStation 4 Neo then it will be the first time in over a 10 Years time Sony will went with an External Power Supply.

AMD smashed 2016 dead line with 2017 delay.

Scorpio's SoC sounds like "NEO option B" with slightly higher GPU clock speed.

PS4.5 ~= NEO option A

PS4K ~= NEO option B ~= Scorpio's 4K

Only one NEO option will be released for end consumers.

MS and Sony may not be the only PC OEM customers to use "NEO option B"/Scorpio SoC... http://wccftech.com/amd-making-custom-x86-soc-apple-imacs-2017-2018/

"NEO option B"/Scorpio SoC would make an excellent Apple iMac 2017 offerings.

Let's see... Microsoft's Xbox Scorpio (2017) vs Sony's PS4 NEO Option B(2017) vs Apple'a iMac 2017.

AMD has 3 new design wins

1. Xbox Scorpio

2. NEO ... Option A or Option B

3. Apple iMac 2017

That's two game consoles and 1 non-game console.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@emgesp said:

@tormentos: Original Kinect launched at a $150 price tag, so a $100 markup for the Kinect 2.0 shouldn't have been a shocker to anyone. Also, the XB1's APU is most likely more expensive to manufacture than the PS4's because of the expensive on die ESRAM.

There is a difference between what something cost on the store vs what it cost to manufacture also the first Kinect had some components the second version didn't have as the second version used the xbox one own hardware it was the reason why the xbox one had a 10% reservation.

ESRAM is not expensive,in fact is a cheap alternative to GDDR5 which is why MS use it,DDR3 + ESRAM is cheaper than using GDDR5 specially at 8GB and the density sony used at last minute.

@makemefamous07 said:

Yes 4k 60fps confirmed from MS themselves. Hm i think it will cost $600 for Premium console. That might be the price MS is going for. Super excited for this and glad its not coming out this holiday cuz Xbox one has soooo many games coming out for it.

MS didn't claim 4k at 60FPS ....hahahahaa They used cleaver wording to imply that,4k resolution then on another quote 60FPS but on the same sentence putting those 2 together no they didn't..lol

@FireEmblem_Man said:

We don't know anything about Scorpio's specs, but we already know what's in NEO and it will be weak as fauk

So you are either blind or stupid.. I think both..

6TF 12GB of ram and 3 20GB/s total bandwidth that is enough to estimate what it will do,considering AMD has better GPU than that already and actually paired with Intel CPU which eliminate the CPU bottleneck for benchmark purposes.

At 6TF it should perform a little under the 390X i say under because while the GPU has improvements over the 390X,the CPU still in the air if it is a Jaguar there is no way it beat the 390X.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

The image doesn't tell us anything, let alone that the specs are not final

Got to love lemmings when it is neo it can't change anything but if it is MS yeah the specs aren't final...lol

MS already did idiot 6TF that tell us more or less what it is,in fact the RX480 if 5.83TF OC is pass 6TF.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@tormentos said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

The image doesn't tell us anything, let alone that the specs are not final

Got to love lemmings when it is neo it can't change anything but if it is MS yeah the specs aren't final...lol

MS already did idiot 6TF that tell us more or less what it is,in fact the RX480 if 5.83TF OC is pass 6TF.

If Neo is releasing this year as seems to be planned, a specification change is simply not possible. If this console is coming in October as has been speculated, it's likely been in the manufacturing process for months, long before Scorpio was announced.

That's why people including yours truly are saying a specification change at this stage is an impossibility, for Microsoft that is not the case, they still have a 15 month window, they have time to make alterations, Sony does not.

Try to understand the simplicity in that, because it's toddler levels of rudimentary.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By tormentos

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Yes, that's what they stated, but we don't know if that image is the final PCB and what's in the final product since there is a year left for them to start manufacturing.

That bold part show your total lack of knowledge about hardware making,1 year from now is August 21 2017 if MS by any change start manufacturing in August 2017 Scorpio will have one gigantic shortage,no console on its first year is manufacture a 1.5 million units or more monthly,the PS4 and xbox one were already being manufacture by early 2013,if you don't do that you will get a terrible shortage so there is no fu**ing way that MS 3 or 4 months from launch would have not pick set spec already.

Scorpio doesn't need a spec boost,some of you are to invested in having something much more powerful than the neo after 3 years of damage controlling xbox one 720p resolutions and shitty frames.

@Pedro said:

Refer the response I gave you for your stupid response.

The only stupid response here are yours,$500 and $400 without Kinect when it was weaker and with inferior and cheaper memory than the PS4,it wasn't kinect it was MS.

@xxyetixx said:

Y'all under estimate MS smh. Yeah they announced the Scorpio but we don't really know what they are putting in it. It's a year out it can be changing right now. The fact that every game and accessory for Xbox One is BC for it helps too.

MS doesn't throw around the words premium very often. Look at the Surface. MS is gonna price this thing all wrong and it's gonna be expensive. $500 minimum, and maybe crazy ass steam box prices at a max.

Yes we know the only thing a miss is the CPU.

@blackace said:

They are selling Kinects separately right now for $100. lol!! If Kinect wasn't in the box the XBox One would have been $399.99 just like the PS4. That's a fact.

Yes and making a profit on it MORON it doesn't cost them $100 to make and they sell it for $100,it cost them probably like $65 or $70 and they sell it for $100..

Exactly it would have being $399 but there is a problem how can that be.?

The PS4 has a stronger GPU and more expensive memory,how the fu** both can cost the same when one is clearly superior.? Yeah MS making a profit.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos

@dynamitecop said:

If Neo is releasing this year as seems to be planned, a specification change is simply not possible. If this console is coming in October as has been speculated, it's likely been in the manufacturing process for months, long before Scorpio was announced.

That's why people including yours truly are saying a specification change at this stage is an impossibility, for Microsoft that is not the case, they still have a 15 month window, they have time to make alterations, Sony does not.

Try to understand the simplicity in that, because it's toddler levels of rudimentary.

Thank you for agree with me. :)

If Neo has being manufacturing for months prior to Scorpio announcement that mean probably January this year or February,that also mean that since scorpio is coming in fall 2017 it NEEDS TO START BEING MANUFACTURE BY JANUARY OR FEBRUARY 2017.

That means they don't have time to change either,other than clocks because from Now to January there is only 4 months,and any hardware change requires TESTING,so if MS change GPU or CPU from the one it announce on E3 the console will slip into 2018 for sure.

My argument about Neo was because the rumors claimed sony had 2 models all alone,and was unsure which one to keep the one with better CPU cas claim to be $100 more. Now if MS has 2 models there is no problem as they can chose a stronger one that is if the second model was more powerful and not actually weaker.

But since there were no rumors about MS having 2 models i don't think so,also since Neo was say to be 4.2TF at 6TF with 12GB of memory MS is more than fine.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

500 bucks I would guess. With MS confirming all Xbox exclusives will be on PC the "why not just get a PC" argument will be stronger than ever.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@SecretPolice: You're price is no concern for me, if I see what I like, I'll buy it, name your price. I have a bad habit of burning my money when payday arrives lol.

But anyhow, how much will Scorpio will cost? Well PS3 was price as high as $600 at launch so if MS plays there cards right, I say $500-$550 would be ideal if you ask me.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#158  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@tormentos: says the person that doesnt even own a console this gen nor shown proof that he plays games.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@emgesp said:

Anyone who says $600+ has absolutely no knowledge about the price of components, nor common sense.

1. Nothing about the Scorpio specs justifies a $600+ price tag. A 6 Tflop APU and 12GB's of GDDR5 ram is not going to be anything special come late 2017. Its not even high end right now.

2. Regardless of the specs, no console would sell well at that price. The people who are willing to spend $500+ on a gaming machine would choose a PC instead.

Project Scorpio will be $450 max as the Neo will be $450 max. Scorpio will not be more expensive than Neo, not happening. Microsoft will want to come out strong from the gate and no better way than to match the price of your competition while also being more powerful. The Scorpio is potentially releasing a full year after the Neo, so use your brain people.

Scorpio will NOT have a 6TF APU. That is incorrect. The whole APU will be more than 6TF's.

MS stated that Scorpio will have a 6TF GPU and Phil Spencer himself also stated they were trying to go over 6TF's on the GPU before launch.

Scorpio will also have Zen CPU cores which are far more powerful then the garbage Jaguar cores.

Finally, Scorpio will have Around 320 gigabytes of bandwidth which is about 50% more bandwidth than NEO.

This package could easily cost anywhere from $450-$550.

Also could you show me where I could buy a Pre-built PC with a 6TF GPU, halfway descent CPU, 12 Gigs of GDDR5, UHD Bluray player for anywhere near $600?

It's a genuine question because I would like to purchase a gaming PC. Also remember building a PC is not an option.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Pray_to_me: Problem is PC gaming has higher up front costs. No way you will get anywhere near a 6TF GPU, Zen CPU, 12 gigs of GDDR5X, HD and an UHD Bluray player in a Pre built PC for anything close to $600.

lolzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lolzman
Member since 2016 • 371 Posts

@Legend002 said:

No less than $600. I expect it that much as Neo should be around $450-$500.

399$ is my bet for Neo. Scorpio from 550$ and beyond.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#162 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@lolzman: The only reason I don't think Neo is $400 is supposedly it is suppose to co-exist with current PS4s as a premium product itself. A $50 difference doesn't make sense because who the hell would buy the current PS$? However, if there was to be a permanent price cut on the current PS4 to $299 then yeah $400 Neo makes a whole lot of sense.

lolzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By lolzman
Member since 2016 • 371 Posts

@Legend002 said:

@lolzman: The only reason I don't think Neo is $400 is supposedly it is suppose to co-exist with current PS4s as a premium product itself. A $50 difference doesn't make sense because who the hell would buy the current PS$? However, if there was to be a permanent price cut on the current PS4 to $299 then yeah $400 Neo makes a whole lot of sense.

PS4's price is going down this holiday for sure by 50$ with or without Neo this year. Xbone already had 100$ price-cut this year.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ronvalencia

@EG101 said:
@emgesp said:

Anyone who says $600+ has absolutely no knowledge about the price of components, nor common sense.

1. Nothing about the Scorpio specs justifies a $600+ price tag. A 6 Tflop APU and 12GB's of GDDR5 ram is not going to be anything special come late 2017. Its not even high end right now.

2. Regardless of the specs, no console would sell well at that price. The people who are willing to spend $500+ on a gaming machine would choose a PC instead.

Project Scorpio will be $450 max as the Neo will be $450 max. Scorpio will not be more expensive than Neo, not happening. Microsoft will want to come out strong from the gate and no better way than to match the price of your competition while also being more powerful. The Scorpio is potentially releasing a full year after the Neo, so use your brain people.

Scorpio will NOT have a 6TF APU. That is incorrect. The whole APU will be more than 6TF's.

MS stated that Scorpio will have a 6TF GPU and Phil Spencer himself also stated they were trying to go over 6TF's on the GPU before launch.

Scorpio will also have Zen CPU cores which are far more powerful then the garbage Jaguar cores.

Finally, Scorpio will have Around 320 gigabytes of bandwidth which is about 50% more bandwidth than NEO.

Also could you show me where I could buy a Pre-built PC with a 6TF GPU, halfway descent CPU, 12 Gigs of GDDR5, UHD Bluray player for anywhere near $600?

It's a genuine question because I would like to purchase a gaming PC. Also remember building a PC is not an option.

That's "more than 320 GB/s of memory bandwidth".

384 bit GDDR5-6700 yields 321 GB/s.

384 bit GDDR5-7000 yields 336 GB/s.

Scorpio's GPU has at least Polaris memory compression factor(1.36X boost) and memory controller efficiency (75.78 percent).

Scorpio has more than year to work out the final config.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

To those saying Scorpio components aren't worth $600. That's true. However, pricing is NOT 100 percent decided based on that alone. There are many contribution outside that also plays a part in deciding the price.

• market alternatives: is there a similar device available? If so then the product must be priced competitively.
  • interest: how much are people willing to pay? Charge as much as possible as long as people are willing to buy.
  • components: how much will this cost us to manufacture? Markup is necessary for profit gain if we don't want to sell at a lost. Are we willing to take a lost to sell more initially? Markup depends on the two factors above.

A crapload of research is done before a price is decided. It's not as easy as saying oh this cost $300 to make we'll sell it for $300....

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@dynamitecop said:

Thank you for agree with me. :)

If Neo has being manufacturing for months prior to Scorpio announcement that mean probably January this year or February,that also mean that since scorpio is coming in fall 2017 it NEEDS TO START BEING MANUFACTURE BY JANUARY OR FEBRUARY 2017.

That means they don't have time to change either,other than clocks because from Now to January there is only 4 months,and any hardware change requires TESTING,so if MS change GPU or CPU from the one it announce on E3 the console will slip into 2018 for sure.

My argument about Neo was because the rumors claimed sony had 2 models all alone,and was unsure which one to keep the one with better CPU cas claim to be $100 more. Now if MS has 2 models there is no problem as they can chose a stronger one that is if the second model was more powerful and not actually weaker.

But since there were no rumors about MS having 2 models i don't think so,also since Neo was say to be 4.2TF at 6TF with 12GB of memory MS is more than fine.

MS tested multiple models which includes half gen jump from AMD's year 2016 IP blocks.

Both MS and Sony concluded the same half gen jump for AMD's year 2016 mainstream IP blocks.

For Scorpio, MS officially selected "NEO Option B" like solution with slightly higher GPU clock speed.

For Sony.... it's all rumors with zero official announcements, but there's a road map revision from AMD's RTG e.g. Polaris has 2.8X perf/watt improvement instead of 2.5X perf/watt improvement hence "NEO Option A" may have a minor revision.

NEO Option A's 2.3X GPU improvement follows the old Polaris' 2.5X perf/watt improvement guidelines.

DaHater7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DaHater7
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

@ronvalencia: Good stuff. I am happy with the way Scorpio is shaping up. Hope Neo doesn't skimp out but gives a valiant silver medal effort.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#168  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@SecretPolice: would love to see the 1000.00 Price tag, that would be so awesome.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@EG101: Nobody counts the CPU's FLOPS.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By emgesp

@EG101 said:
@emgesp said:

Nobody really counts the CPU's FLOPS.

Scorpio is releasing in late 2017, so by that time you could easily build a PC more powerful than the Scorpio for $600.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#171 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

I don't see it being more than $500. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I guess $499 for Scorpio and $399 for NEO.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By emgesp

@Legend002: Microsoft is no Apple when it comes to what they can get away with in terms of pricing. Microsoft is losing marketshare to Sony and the last thing they will want is to fall behind even more in terms of sales. Scorpio has to be the same price as the Neo if Microsoft wants to gain any kind of momentum, especially given its releasing a full year after the Neo.

@Ghost120x said:

I guess $499 for Scorpio and $399 for NEO.

Then the Scorpio will flop. Sony could easily slash the price to $350 by the time the Scorpio is released. You really think people are gonna pay a $150 premium just for a 40% - 50% hardware improvement?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#175 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts
@emgesp said:

Then the Scorpio will flop. Sony could easily slash the price to $350 by the time the Scorpio is released. You really think people are gonna pay a $150 premium just for a 40% - 50% hardware improvement?

Well to be fair, people paid $100 more for less with the original Xbox One.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#176 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Legend002 said:

I think if, and I mean IF, Neo is the rumored 4+ TFLOPS then Sony will compensate being the weaker of these two new consoles by going very low price. I'm thinking $400. It would be a great move for them imo.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 cainetao11

@AdobeArtist said:
@beardmad said:

$700-$800.

I think having the Xbox One S down around the $300 range will allow Microsoft to release another console at a much higher price for the biggest fans.

If you're spending that much you may as well get a PC that can meet all your gaming needs, offer better game deals (Steam, GOG, G2A, etc...), be more flexible, customizable, and upgradeable, and serve a multitude of functional purposes from social to productivity.

While I certainly will not disagree with you, the fact remains there are many consumers that wont do it. While a PC is more flexible, upgradeable it also comes with some things that friends of mine hate.

Take for instance my recent problem with Doom 3 BFG on steam. I played it fine one afternoon. Logged off, did some studying, ate dinner. I log back into steam, attempt to fire it up again and get a message like "Cannot start application due to changes to blah blah". I am by no means a computer wiz or even moderately knowledgeable. My neighbor was over and he immediately chimed in with "this is why I don't care for how great PC gaming is. You were just playing this game 3 hours ago. Now you need to search for a solution to why this will not play hours later." It's an annoyance that I don't blame others for wanting to do without.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 emgesp

@Pedro: Yet, it was selling poorly compared to the PS4 WW that Microsoft had to slash the price in less than 6 months on the market.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By ronvalencia

@lolzman said:
@Legend002 said:

399$ is my bet for Neo. Scorpio from 550$ and beyond.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/23460-massive-ps4-neo-leak-gpu-2x-more-powerful-high-clock-speed-55tf-price-499.html

Sony is currently testing two different PS4 Neo models, out of these two only ONE will be selected for consumers. The first PlayStation 4 Neo variant offers a 4.2TF performance and has a Jaguar CPU and internally carries a price tag of $399.

The second variant of PlayStation 4 Neo offers a 5.5TF GPU and comes with a brand new CPU and carries a price tag of $499.

NEO Option B with better CPU and 5.5 TFLOPS GPU has $499 price tag. Scorpio's SoC is similar to NEO Option B's SoC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ronvalencia

@tormentos:

The cost difference between DDR3-2133 and GDDR5-5500 is minor.

DDR3-2133 has base clock speed of 1066 Mhz. 1st revision XBO has 16 DDR3 chips with single sided motherboard.

GDDR5-5500 has base clock speed of 1375 Mhz. 1st revision PS4 has 16 GDDR5 chips (16 bit links per chip) with double sided motherboard with higher PCB cost. 2nd revision PS4 has GDDR5 8 chips (32 bit link per chip)with single sided motherboard.

Fabrication quality is similar with 1066 and 1375 Mhz base clock targets.

Both XBO and PS4 has similar 256 bit PCB motherboards.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 cainetao11

@joebones5000 said:

The xbox S is already $400. Scorpio is going to be more than $600.

And yet I'm paying $350 for mine on Tuesday. That's peculiar.

More than a year away. Do people really think the X1 500gb will still be $300 christmas 2017? Man, there is some stupid shit in this thread.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 cainetao11

What also comes to mind is the only constant in the universe: change. This Scorpio is a year away. To think anything that is said NOW is absolutely written in stone and a company that drastically changed the original Xbox One cannot or will not adapt to the changes in market and consumer sentiment over the next year plus is fukin retardation.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 tormentos

@EG101 said:

In fact i posted a video of Phil claiming Scorpio was a 6TF machine which surprise me since that could me that the whole Soc is 6TF including CPU.

There is no fu**ing way Scorpio will have full Zen Apu with a RX480 like GPU why the fu** you think the xbox one and PS4 have jaguar CPU.? Is not because sony went ultra cheap is because AMD APU have a limit you can't just slap a Fury and a FX8XXX inside an APU dude.

So any CPU inside Scorpio will be a light version like the Jaguar,which is why they claim 6TF 320GB/s but didn't say anything about which CPU would be inside,to avoid critics.

Yes with a 40+% more powerful GPU to so that bandwidth will be use as well,Neo doesn't need the same bandwidth as scorpio because it has less power.

$450.? Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa delusional lemming walking...lol

Oh blu-ray movies count now for lemmings wow the most hypocrite fanboys of all time the same fools who downplayed Blu-ray superiority over DVD for 9 years now hold tied to 4k video..hahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man lemmings are a JOKE this gen..lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

DDR3-2133 has base clock speed of 1066 Mhz. 1st revision XBO has 16 DDR3 chips with single sided motherboard.

GDDR5-5500 has base clock speed of 1375 Mhz. 1st revision PS4 has 16 GDDR5 chips (16 bit links per chip) with double sided motherboard with higher PCB cost. 2nd revision PS4 has GDDR5 8 chips (32 bit link per chip)with single sided motherboard.

Bullshit on 2013 it wasn't even less because Sony used higher density one which were basically new back them,it was what allowed sony to double its memory this has be claim even by YOU....Hahahahaa

I wonder if you will backtrack so that i can quote you GDDR5 is more expensive than DDR3 and the ones sony used even more.

There are some things you should not argue to DRR3 vs GDDR5 price is one.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

Bullshit on 2013 it wasn't even less because Sony used higher density one which were basically new back them,it was what allowed sony to double its memory this has be claim even by YOU....Hahahahaa

I wonder if you will backtrack so that i can quote you GDDR5 is more expensive than DDR3 and the ones sony used even more.

There are some things you should not argue to DRR3 vs GDDR5 price is one.

The only bullshit is your post.

PS4 revision with double sided GDDR5 PCB.

That's 16 GDDR5 chips i.e. 8 GDDR5 chips per PCB side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications

For CUH10XX/CUH11XX models, there's 16 x 512MB chips = 8 GB.

For CUH12XX models, there 8 x 1024 MB chips = 8 GB.

CUH12XX revision is cheaper than CUH10XX/CUH11XX since PCB has been simplified i.e. mostly one sided and less chip count.

For 16 chip GDDR5 setup and 256 bit bus... it's 16 bit link per GDDR5 chip.

Math

256 bit / 16 chips = 16 bit per chip.

4 Gbit / 8 bit = 500 MB per chip.

500 MB x 16 chips = 8 GB total memory, hence PCB is mostly one sided.

http://mygaming.co.za/news/xbox/60563-cost-of-building-an-xbox-one.html

DRAM cost

XBO = $ 60

PS4 (1st revision) = $88

For 16 chips, the cost difference between DDR3 and GDDR5 is minor i.e. $18 difference.

Modified console sub total which includes APU, + DRAM + PSU + Optical drive + HDD + Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical. Not including other electronic content.

XBO: $307

PS4: $308

XBO's ESRAM that reduced GPU size was a mistake and will not be repeated for Scorpio.

Try again.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By cainetao11

@joebones5000 said:

@cainetao11: We're talking about a premium product and you point to the shittiest version of the most premium console, the S.

Ahuh. GTFO.

LOL make me

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Math

No bullshit is your post Buffoon.

Math you say ill game.

1GB of GDDR5 is more expensive than 1GB of DDR3... Now prove me WRONG.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Math

No bullshit is your post Buffoon.

Math you say ill game.

1GB of GDDR5 is more expensive than 1GB of DDR3... Now prove me WRONG.

You can't read buffoon. "The cost difference between DDR3-2133 and GDDR5-5500 is minor."

I didn't state DDR3's and GDDR5's cost being same you stupid clown.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@joebones5000 said:

@cainetao11: We're talking about a premium product and you point to the shittiest version of the most premium console, the S.

Ahuh. GTFO.

LOL make me

Laughed out loud and still laughing on the inside. :D

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 SecretPolice

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/console-transitions-can-be-super-disruptive-xbox-s/1100-6442853/

All together now.... Thank you based MS, for the gamers by the gamers and all that jazz. :P

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#192 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

$549.99-$599.99.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

"NEO option B" with better CPU has $100 higher price tag over "NEO option A". Scorpio is similar to "NEO option B" spec.

The second variant of PlayStation 4 Neo offers a 5.5TF GPU and comes with a brand new CPU and carries a price tag of $499. Sony planning to release PlayStation 4 Neo either at the end of 2016 or before March 2016. If Sony decides to go with the $499 variant of PlayStation 4 Neo then it will be the first time in over a 10 Years time Sony will went with an External Power Supply.

PS4.5 ~= NEO option A

MS and Sony may not be the only PC OEM customers to use "NEO option B"/Scorpio SoC... http://wccftech.com/amd-making-custom-x86-soc-apple-imacs-2017-2018/

Let's see... Microsoft's Xbox Scorpio (2017) vs Sony's PS4 NEO Option B(2017) vs Apple'a iMac 2017.

1. Xbox Scorpio

3. Apple iMac 2017

There will only be one Neo.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 SecretPolice

@AdobeArtist said:
@SecretPolice said:

Who cares, just name your price MS and I'll take a dozen. lol

@kvally said:

I would pay $600 as of now.

That's what Sony projected of their consumer mindset last gen and look at how that worked out.

Oh C'mon now, Adobe, you really thought I was being serious with that line? If you say yes.... I don't believe you. :P

Plus this is much deferent than the case with Sony and the PS3. MS will basically have two this gen consoles on the market, High end, high priced Scorpio and low end low price X1S. I think they have the bases covered either way.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 cainetao11

@SecretPolice said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/console-transitions-can-be-super-disruptive-xbox-s/1100-6442853/

All together now.... Thank you based MS, for the gamers by the gamers and all that jazz. :P

Excellent article. Albert Penello's quote: "It's really easy for people to think there's just one customer for consoles and they're reason for buying is identical across the millions of people. But there isn't; it's just not true," is sig worthy. Many including myself and ConanTheStoner have echoed similar to this statement. We all have our own individual value assessment system. Which is why I laugh at this idea of justifying what one purchases to anyone on this board.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

If they're emphasizing "premium product" then there's no chance in Hell it will start at $399

Ditto. Same thoughts.

Premium wording/message to me is a signal this thing will sell for no less than $499. So I guess that means the NEO will be $399....?

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#197 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@AdobeArtist said:
@beardmad said:

$700-$800.

I think having the Xbox One S down around the $300 range will allow Microsoft to release another console at a much higher price for the biggest fans.

If you're spending that much you may as well get a PC that can meet all your gaming needs, offer better game deals (Steam, GOG, G2A, etc...), be more flexible, customizable, and upgradeable, and serve a multitude of functional purposes from social to productivity.

While I certainly will not disagree with you, the fact remains there are many consumers that wont do it. While a PC is more flexible, upgradeable it also comes with some things that friends of mine hate.

Take for instance my recent problem with Doom 3 BFG on steam. I played it fine one afternoon. Logged off, did some studying, ate dinner. I log back into steam, attempt to fire it up again and get a message like "Cannot start application due to changes to blah blah". I am by no means a computer wiz or even moderately knowledgeable. My neighbor was over and he immediately chimed in with "this is why I don't care for how great PC gaming is. You were just playing this game 3 hours ago. Now you need to search for a solution to why this will not play hours later." It's an annoyance that I don't blame others for wanting to do without.

Now imagine that you dont want to play the game at all unless it has your country's league modded in (Greek Superleague in FIFA)...

Each year FIFA releases end of September and I buy it mid January because thats when the PC mod is out

Even if you gift me the game I wont bother opening the box before November...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

599$ confirmed

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:

It will come with a Louis Vuitton caring case.

Hahahaha!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By ronvalencia

@Shewgenja said:
@ronvalencia said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

PS4.5 ~= NEO option A

1. Xbox Scorpio

3. Apple iMac 2017

There will only be one Neo.

"Only one NEO option will be released for end consumers."