GotY 2011 Confirmed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#101 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

No it doesnt do you even know what nostalgia is? it can be anything related to your past, in nintendos case in SMG they re-use the old music themes on battle ships or make those ****levels over and over again, same enemies, same everything.... which ofcourse exceptions..... Im sorry, but it has nothing to do with insecurity.... I dont find them intellectually stimulating, challenging, interesting ANYMORE.... because tbere is NOTHING there other than a child freindly game that I loved when I was pre-teen... and abit teen.... nothing more than that. Defending against my opinion so badly is more of a sign of your insecurity.PC360Wii

Gears of War 2 and Uncharted 2 are in the past, buddy...

That doesn't even make sense! :lol: What am I so insecure about???

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="calvinsora"]

You say that as if complexity ever made a game good.

trollop_scat

Not so much about complexity as it is how kiddish and easy Zelda/Mario are... I was fine when I was 6-15 years old.... now they feel like nothing at all =/

^This is really what it all boils down to. The game is intended for young children, as evidenced by its E (10 years or older) rating. Just think about that - the game literally has a target audience of ten years old.

Now lets look at an avid SS defender: ChubbyGuy40. There's a chance that the 40 at the end of his nic is his age. A 40 year old man is hyping a game intended for 10 year olds. I can't comment on that any further due to the overly strict ToS at this site, but it doesn't take much imagination to get creeped out by that.

As far as the 2011 GotY, that's easy. It's Dark Souls hands down, just like Demons Souls before it. Dark Souls is basically what the Diablo franchise should've morphed into instead of that kiddy cartoon style they went with to sell more games to kids with nosey parents...

I lost a few brain cells reading this.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#103 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

So, for all of you who were wailing about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword not changing the formula, here goes:charizard1605

Stopped reading here. Not personal, no more spoilers for me.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"] No it doesnt do you even know what nostalgia is? it can be anything related to your past, in nintendos case in SMG they re-use the old music themes on battle ships or make those ****levels over and over again, same enemies, same everything.... which ofcourse exceptions..... Im sorry, but it has nothing to do with insecurity.... I dont find them intellectually stimulating, challenging, interesting ANYMORE.... because tbere is NOTHING there other than a child freindly game that I loved when I was pre-teen... and abit teen.... nothing more than that. Defending against my opinion so badly is more of a sign of your insecurity.bbkkristian

Predictable response. a pathetic one at that. Nostalgia implies long term rememberance and feeling of something indented in your mind, example your favourite games that felt amazing as children, in my case my first proper games were Super Mario All Stars and Hexen.... then came OOT and its brilliance when I WAS A KID kept me interested for years but now zelda is bland easy, uninspired, not real depths and challengless... so why would I find it fun to breeze through an outdated wii graphic'd adventure aimed at 10 year olds? why? because taste shouldnt mature/change? reading comprehension not your thing? your insecure because im calling something you like kiddish.... clearly.
vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"] No it doesnt do you even know what nostalgia is? it can be anything related to your past, in nintendos case in SMG they re-use the old music themes on battle ships or make those ****levels over and over again, same enemies, same everything.... which ofcourse exceptions..... Im sorry, but it has nothing to do with insecurity.... I dont find them intellectually stimulating, challenging, interesting ANYMORE.... because tbere is NOTHING there other than a child freindly game that I loved when I was pre-teen... and abit teen.... nothing more than that. Defending against my opinion so badly is more of a sign of your insecurity.bbkkristian

I believe he is calling you insecure because he is in fact the one insecure. He is the one trying to act all mature because he doesn't enjoy somehting that a younger person could also enjoy. Little do people like that know that they are infact less mature since if you were, you wouldn't be trying so hard to be

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 PC360Wii

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"] No it doesnt do you even know what nostalgia is? it can be anything related to your past, in nintendos case in SMG they re-use the old music themes on battle ships or make those ****levels over and over again, same enemies, same everything.... which ofcourse exceptions..... Im sorry, but it has nothing to do with insecurity.... I dont find them intellectually stimulating, challenging, interesting ANYMORE.... because tbere is NOTHING there other than a child freindly game that I loved when I was pre-teen... and abit teen.... nothing more than that. Defending against my opinion so badly is more of a sign of your insecurity.vtbob88

I believe he is calling you insecure because he is in fact the one insecure. He is the one trying to act all mature because he doesn't enjoy somehting that a younger person could also enjoy. Little do people like that know that they are infact less mature since if you were, you wouldn't be trying so hard to be

A bunch of zelda avatars assuming im insecure because I call and easy kids adventure game for what it is.... and yet I play pretty much anygame regaurdless of theme. funny that.... but unlike zelda it has to be up to date, have some depth and be .... good.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

That just sounds like a whole lot of back tracking.

bbkkristian

There is... Thats a common Metroid game. :P If its tied in with the story, its not that bad.

If they be smart about it and make other events while you backtrack, hopefully it's not just straight up backtracking.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#108 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

^This is really what it all boils down to. The game is intended for young children, as evidenced by its E (10 years or older) rating. Just think about that - the game literally has a target audience of ten years old.

Now lets look at an avid SS defender: ChubbyGuy40. There's a chance that the 40 at the end of his nic is his age. A 40 year old man is hyping a game intended for 10 year olds. I can't comment on that any further due to the overly strict ToS at this site, but it doesn't take much imagination to get creeped out by that.

As far as the 2011 GotY, that's easy. It's Dark Souls hands down, just like Demons Souls before it. Dark Souls is basically what the Diablo franchise should've morphed into instead of that kiddy cartoon style they went with to sell more games to kids with nosey parents...

PC360Wii

1. Zelda is targeted for all ages. It has the ability to appeal to both adults and children at the same time. E rating doesnt mean it can only be enjoyed by chilrdren.
  2. ChubbyGuy40 is mature enough to not care if the things he enjoys are "childish". That is all there is to it. There are a 3 things in this world I consider childish: 1. To refuse to take responsibilty for your actions... and lack of them. 2. To dephend on those around you and never on yourself. 3. The fear of childishness.
  3. Pretty sure a big part of Diablo is items and loot, as well as social features. 2 things lacking severly in Demons Souls. Especially social features.
  4. I am in my twenties and I am reading and loving the heck out of The Wizard of Oz. A book suitable for children. What does that make me?

1) Targeted at all ages? no targeted at kids, and former zelda playing adults.... it works on some, fails on others (me for example) due to no top end of anything being presented in the games.

2) Whos afraid of childeshness. the game is designed for kids on an intellectual level and theme.... and yet you lot are the ones afraid of childishness by being so concerned that I am saying you are playing a game designed for kids in int property and appeal.... but because you grew up on them your convinced they are for adults too :roll:

3) cant agree more. and Diablo III doesnt look at all kiddish....

4) Comparing a book to an easily designed kids adventure game is next to impossible.... as like ive said, it isnt the childish "theme" that is the problem, its the property that fails to satisfy me.... zelda is nothing.... what can it provide that skyrim cant on a much grander level and to an adult? exploration? weaponry? action? epic encounters? VOICE ACTING.... lenght?

Its a boring old forumlar that has aged as not stimulating to my mind... end of story really... I was impressed as a kid... im not longer a kid.

Rated E for everyone...it's trying to appeal to the masses. Just not for kids only. :/

The game isn't designed for children either.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]What bugs me even more is when a game does have voice acting, and it's so terrible that it ruins the experience like Shadows of the Damned.

Bigboi500

SOTD=bad voice acting.... does not compute. THe VO was well done imo.

It was so bad imo that I stopped playing after about an hour or so...that English accent didn't mix well or fit in with the setting imo, and the spanish guy's vulgar and childish jokes put me off and was very embarrassing, I'm glad I was playing it alone...so yeah I think some franchises are better off not risking it.

Thats the thing as we can see here that good voice work also falls into opinion. I loved SOTD voice work heck I beat the game 3 times. I didint find the jokes embarrassing at all. The game knows its not trying to be some deep thought provoking game. I dont mind the risk since it would be something different for the series. End of the day no matter what some will like it some will hate it.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 bbkkristian

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"] No it doesnt do you even know what nostalgia is? it can be anything related to your past, in nintendos case in SMG they re-use the old music themes on battle ships or make those ****levels over and over again, same enemies, same everything.... which ofcourse exceptions..... Im sorry, but it has nothing to do with insecurity.... I dont find them intellectually stimulating, challenging, interesting ANYMORE.... because tbere is NOTHING there other than a child freindly game that I loved when I was pre-teen... and abit teen.... nothing more than that. Defending against my opinion so badly is more of a sign of your insecurity.PC360Wii

Predictable response. a pathetic one at that. Nostalgia implies long term rememberance and feeling of something indented in your mind, example your favourite games that felt amazing as children, in my case my first proper games were Super Mario All Stars and Hexen.... then came OOT and its brilliance when I WAS A KID kept me interested for years but now zelda is bland easy, uninspired, not real depths and challengless... so why would I find it fun to breeze through an outdated wii graphic'd adventure aimed at 10 year olds? why? because taste shouldnt mature/change? reading comprehension not your thing? your insecure because im calling something you like kiddish.... clearly.

Still doesn't make sense! I'm insecure? I'm more SECURE about what I believe in! :lol:

There is no set limit on what makes something Nostalgic in terms of time. Yeah, maybe its implied to you, but the technical definition makes it over any period of time.

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 vtbob88

[QUOTE="vtbob88"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]

PC360Wii

A bunch of zelda avatars assuming im insecure because I call and easy kids adventure game for what it is.... and yet I play pretty much anygame regaurdless of theme. funny that.... but unlike zelda it has to be up to date, have some depth and be .... good.

Well if you can enjoy any game, why do you give other people a hard time enjoying a game series that has some of the highest rated games of all time. The general consensus for Zelda games are that they are great, well done, consistently enjoyable games whether or not you do not like them.

And like I brought up before to someone else, do you count all Pixar movies as little kids movies and unenjoyable? I would assume so since they are seen as highly reviewed movies

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

BTW where are you getting all this info, you just kinda posted it without any links backing it up.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 bbkkristian

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

That just sounds like a whole lot of back tracking.

GD1551

There is... Thats a common Metroid game. :P If its tied in with the story, its not that bad.

If they be smart about it and make other events while you backtrack, hopefully it's not just straight up backtracking.

Agreed, agreed. If their going to make us backtrack, make it fun! With the night/day cycle gone, I can backtrack at night (by sleeping) so I see the different enemies! :D
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

A bunch of zelda avatars assuming im insecure because I call and easy kids adventure game for what it is.... and yet I play pretty much anygame regaurdless of theme. funny that.... but unlike zelda it has to be up to date, have some depth and be .... good.PC360Wii

An easy shallow kids adventure game that has a higher score average than your favorite game :)

I'm referring to Ocarina of Time if you're not aware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#115 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="calvinsora"]

You say that as if complexity ever made a game good.

trollop_scat

Not so much about complexity as it is how kiddish and easy Zelda/Mario are... I was fine when I was 6-15 years old.... now they feel like nothing at all =/

I feel violated just reading this s***
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PC360Wii

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="vtbob88"]

vtbob88

Well if you can enjoy any game, why do you give other people a hard time enjoying a game series that has some of the highest rated games of all time. The general consensus for Zelda games are that they are great, well done, consistently enjoyable games whether or not you do not like them.

And like I brought up before to someone else, do you count all Pixar movies as little kids movies and unenjoyable? I would assume so since they are seen as highly reviewed movies

Im here to debate, this is an implied GOTY thread, im challenging that. that list of features on the main page is a shambles that only proper zelda fanboy would find even the slightest bit impressive. 6 shields... 4 swords, they arnt holding back this time! same old same old. No problem with pixar, they do a GOOD job of appealing to both kids and adults.... in clever subtle ways. zelda? beat easy boss, beat small dungeons, collect the peices ... effortless bosses.... similar storyline to the last.... I walk away bored. compare it to other action adventure games like the upcoming skyrim? hell that games dungeon puzzles will be more complex I bet!
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23928 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

PC360Wii

1. Zelda is targeted for all ages. It has the ability to appeal to both adults and children at the same time. E rating doesnt mean it can only be enjoyed by chilrdren.
  2. ChubbyGuy40 is mature enough to not care if the things he enjoys are "childish". That is all there is to it. There are a 3 things in this world I consider childish: 1. To refuse to take responsibilty for your actions... and lack of them. 2. To dephend on those around you and never on yourself. 3. The fear of childishness.
  3. Pretty sure a big part of Diablo is items and loot, as well as social features. 2 things lacking severly in Demons Souls. Especially social features.
  4. I am in my twenties and I am reading and loving the heck out of The Wizard of Oz. A book suitable for children. What does that make me?

1) Targeted at all ages? no targeted at kids, and former zelda playing adults.... it works on some, fails on others (me for example) due to no top end of anything being presented in the games.

2) Whos afraid of childeshness. the game is designed for kids on an intellectual level and theme.... and yet you lot are the ones afraid of childishness by being so concerned that I am saying you are playing a game designed for kids in int property and appeal.... but because you grew up on them your convinced they are for adults too :roll:

4) Comparing a book to an easily designed kids adventure game is next to impossible.... as like ive said, it isnt the childish "theme" that is the problem, its the property that fails to satisfy me.... zelda is nothing.... what can it provide that skyrim cant on a much grander level and to an adult? exploration? weaponry? action? epic encounters? VOICE ACTING.... lenght?

Its a boring old forumlar that has aged as not stimulating to my mind... end of story really... I was impressed as a kid... im not longer a kid.

1+2. Wind Waker and Majora's Mask have intelligent stories. Much more intelligent than anything ever put out by Blizzard. Zelda is targeted for all ages.

Oh boy Skyrim. What a terrible game that is gonna be.

1. I prefer to explore the more varied environments seen in Zelda than the bland environments seen so far in Skyrim. Furthermore, why is it that they have kept showing the same area over and over again, something is fishy.
  2. Action in Skyrim looks terrible, unless you enjoy melee combat that is composed of rubbing your weapon on the enemy till he dies. Oh and dual wielding weapons is completely pointless according to previews I have read. So, so much for that feature.
  3. You mean fighting the enemy that uses the same tactics over and over again is epic that gets old fast. Furthermore, Bethesda messed up the dragons entirely. Instead of limiting the number of dragons and focused on making each dragon unique, they made the dragons infinite and generic. Besides fighting dragons will get old pretty fast. They will lose their edge quickly.
  4. Voice acting sucks 99% of the time anyway.

Furthermore, Skyward Sword will most likely have better story, level design, boss design, puzzle design, writing, ect.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 PC360Wii

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]A bunch of zelda avatars assuming im insecure because I call and easy kids adventure game for what it is.... and yet I play pretty much anygame regaurdless of theme. funny that.... but unlike zelda it has to be up to date, have some depth and be .... good.bobcheeseball

An easy shallow kids adventure game that has a higher score average than your favorite game :)

I'm referring to Ocarina of Time if you're not aware.

I liked OOT. whats my favourite game? lol.... played it again recently.... no challenge or spark whatsoever, that implies to wind waker and twilight aswell.... and i didnt add to the milkage that is making me rebuy the game for the 3ds... same core game i was impressed with when I was EASILY IMPRESSED.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 bbkkristian

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]A bunch of zelda avatars assuming im insecure because I call and easy kids adventure game for what it is.... and yet I play pretty much anygame regaurdless of theme. funny that.... but unlike zelda it has to be up to date, have some depth and be .... good.bobcheeseball

"Those meddling kids!!"

scooby doo

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 PC360Wii

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

1+2. Wind Waker and Majora's Mask have intelligent stories. Much more intelligent than anything ever put out by Blizzard. Zelda is targeted for all ages.

1. I prefer to explore the more varied vistas seen in Zelda than the bland environments seen so far in Skyrim. Furthermore, why is it that they have kept showing the same area over and over again, something is fishy.
  2. Action in Skyrim looks terrible, unless you enjoy melee combat that is composed of rubbing your weapon on the enemy till he dies. Oh and dual wielding weapons is completely pointless according to previews I have read. So, so much for that feature.
  3. You mean fighting the enemy that uses the same tactics over and over again is epic that gets old fast. Furthermore, Bethesda messed up the dragons entirely. Instead of limiting the number of dragons and focused on making each dragon unique, they made the dragons infinite and generic. Besides fighting dragons will get old pretty fast. They will lose their edge quickly. Voice acting sucks 99% of the time anyway.

Furthermore, Skyward Sword will most likely have better story, level design, boss design, puzzle design, writing, ect.

1. You mean the standard water, fire, air whatever vistas and a whole lot of empty sky? good for you.... double standard right there :roll:

2. Action in zelda looks terrible same old hack n slash which barely improves/changes over the course of the game, oh get that mandatory chest dropped bow or hookshot ready im sure youl need them for the millionth time.... again a massive double standard.... at least skyrim has variety in classes and gameplay styles.... another example of how easily amused zelda fans are.

3. double standard as zelda will have less enemy variety and do the exact same theme... oh but dem 3 hit bosses that do the same patter over and over!. how is that messing up dragons? there will be story ones aswell..... but then I suppose your happier with zeldas generic small idiotic enemies that spawn on fields right.... yea....

if you say so...

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#121 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Thank you for the great news Charizard! I hope this gets 9.5 and maybe even GOTY now!:) Galaxy 2 was a terrific game, but I have a feeling that as per usual, Zelda is the best IP on Nintendo's consoles!:D (Ok minus Super Metroid...)

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Dark Souls is GOTY 2011

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#123 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I hope it's not as Ocarina of Time-ish as well... Orcarina of Time is! :P

That's the only Zelda game I ever played seriously (it was the GC one), but stopped last summer (2010) after getting the VC SM64.

I just didn't care of the lore of the tree folks. But I liked the game a decent amount, and am willing to finish it.

Another friend of mine is willing to lend me Twilight Princess. This of course, is the same one I bought him 3 (4?) years ago for his birthday. As a Wii-only owner, he constantly says how amazing TP is (he's a huge Zelda fan) and how the 360 and PS3 don't have any games that have compelled him in the same way.

Of course, my face looks like this:

I always tell him the (true) fact that he's never played above two hours of any HD exclusive. A point that *should* shut him down, unfortunetly, this guy was on my old high school debate team, so arguing with him is useless. :P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23928 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]

PC360Wii

1. I prefer to explore the more varied vistas seen in Zelda than the bland environments seen so far in Skyrim. Furthermore, why is it that they have kept showing the same area over and over again, something is fishy.
  3. You mean fighting the enemy that uses the same tactics over and over again is epic that gets old fast. Furthermore, Bethesda messed up the dragons entirely. Instead of limiting the number of dragons and focused on making each dragon unique, they made the dragons infinite and generic. Besides fighting dragons will get old pretty fast. They will lose their edge quickly. Voice acting sucks 99% of the time anyway.

1. You mean the standard water, fire, air whatever vistas and a whole lot of empty sky? good for you.... double standard right there :roll:

2. Action in zelda looks terrible same old hack n slash which barely improves/changes over the course of the game, oh get that mandatory chest dropped bow or hookshot ready im sure youl need them for the millionth time.... again a massive double standard.... at least skyrim has variety in classes and gameplay styles.... another example of how easily amused zelda fans are.

3. double standard as zelda will have less enemy variety and do the exact same theme... oh but dem 3 hit bosses that do the same patter over and over!. how is that messing up dragons? there will be story ones aswell..... but then I suppose your happier with zeldas generic small idiotic enemies that spawn on fields right.... yea....

if you say so...

1. Which is still more varied than the mountains and snow you get in Skyrim. Not to mention the vistas will most likely have a lot of different themes.
  2. It still changes up more than the weapon rubbing you get in Skyrim. Except combat doesnt become a chore. In Oblivion and morrowind my reaction to an enemy was "oh no, not another foe". Whereas in Zelda I am mostly indifferent to encountering enemies. In Oblivion, EACH and EVERY enemy you face is fought the exact same way.
  3. No it wont have less enemy variety. Zelda will have less models most likely, but the enemies themselves will be more varied.

Why Skyrim messed up with the dragons? Ever heard of redundancy?

Sure you might go omg a dragon the first 3 times or so, but once you fought your 10th dragon, it just loses its effect. They could have added 50 dragons or so roaming around the gameworld making each and every one unique, but alas they made them infinite and redundant.

And even though the AI isnt perfect in Zelda games, I am sure they are still better than the terrible AI we will most likely see in Skyrim.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#125 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Can't wait for this game. Will be amazing.

Keith_Apicary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Keith_Apicary
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
People saying this game is for 10 year olds, because it's rated everyone 10 PLUS. Did you play Uncharted because you better be under 20 otherwise you're too old for it and it's creepy to be playing it. What about Madden, Fifa, NHL? What about the highest grossing movie of all time Avatar? PG-13, better be 13 if you watch it lol. The numbers aren't who it's really made for but you are reccomended to be atleast that age. Bulletstorm is an M game but that doesn't mean it's a mature game in the actual since of the word, in fact it's the opposite. If the only thing different about this game was that they said F*** like 20 times it would be mature, nothing else changes......nothing. Does it make it more mature? Does a word or bloodshed really have that much of a grasp over you?
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 bbkkristian

Let me explain something about the E rating to those of you out there who are obviously confused. When it says E 10+, its stating that the game is suitable for ten year olds, right?

Q: What's the speed of any given naval convoy? A: The top speed of the slowest ship.

This means that while playing Zelda you are doing things that any average ten year old could do. What feeling of accomplishment could one possibly gain from that?

Now look at Dark Souls, a game that makes adults cry out in frustration and pump their fists in elation after completing a particularly difficult part of the game. See the difference?

Ten year olds shouldn't go anywhere near Dark Souls. The oppressive atmospheres, the seriously creepy monsters, the difficulty... kids and simpletons simply cannot hang. The only way Zelda SS wins GotY over Dark Souls is if gamespot replaces their reviewers with a team of 6th grade girls...

trollop_scat

So if I want to feel accomplished and mature, I should go play Tons of hours of Grand Theft auto, because stealing, prostitution, drugs, etc. are what mature people do?? :roll:

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

That actually seems.... interesting.

Well I don't like the point about the return to each dungeon, I hate just traveling across a map to grab something and running back. Unless there's a fast travel (there won't be) its going to be obnoxious. The game looks solid in the other points. Zelda's your lady from the stop, Ganon is a noob, and the tri force has never been stolen before.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Let me explain something about the E rating to those of you out there who are obviously confused. When it says E 10+, its stating that the game is suitable for ten year olds, right?

Q: What's the speed of any given naval convoy? A: The top speed of the slowest ship.

This means that while playing Zelda you are doing things that any average ten year old could do. What feeling of accomplishment could one possibly gain from that?

Now look at Dark Souls, a game that makes adults cry out in frustration and pump their fists in elation after completing a particularly difficult part of the game. See the difference?

Ten year olds shouldn't go anywhere near Dark Souls. The oppressive atmospheres, the seriously creepy monsters, the difficulty... kids and simpletons simply cannot hang. The only way Zelda SS wins GotY over Dark Souls is if gamespot replaces their reviewers with a team of 6th grade girls...

trollop_scat

Um...Dark Souls isn't a typical M rated game on the market. The difficulty of that game is exponentially higher than the average so called "mature game". To counter your argument, Gears of War 2 is rated M for mature. I'm fairly certain the average 10 year old would have no problem completing it in the average or above average difficulty.

Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns is also rated E, and for what its worth, its pretty much harder than most of the M rated games on my 360.

So...I hate to break it to you, but your logic is null.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Zelda is Link's girlfriend.

Fan fiction writers have invaded Nintendo successfully.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#132 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Holy s*** do want. Now I have an easy decision between this and ACR. I smell a second Majora's Mask incoming (in the sense that it is drastically different then anything else in the series).
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#133 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Fan fiction writers have invaded Nintendo successfully.mmmwksil
Its about damn time Nintendo takes on a romance sub-narrative. If they handle it as well as the story in Majora's, I will be very much impressed.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]Fan fiction writers have invaded Nintendo successfully.foxhound_fox
Its about damn time Nintendo takes on a romance sub-narrative. If they handle it as well as the story in Majora's, I will be very much impressed.

I'm certain Nintendo won't fumble this. :P

I am so dying to play this... probably as much as every other Zelda fan out there.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#135 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Okay, that list looks really amazing. I just pre-ordered the Gold Remote bundle off Amazon. I'm probably going to carry it around in my pants wherever I go for the first week that I have the game.

Dark Souls ain't got nothing on this.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#136 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Well I was going to come in here to say that your answer should be Zelda.But hey you beat me too it! Good on ya. Moving on then, nothing to see here (except the GotY :P)

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#137 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I pre-ordered my copy already. Don't know about GOTY. Can't decide that until I play it first. Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, Witcher 2 all have a shot I guess.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#138 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

i hope its good

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
GOTY or not I'm sure it will be my favorite title this year :D
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#140 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

The GOTY will have the word Sky in the title.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#142 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

The GOTY will have the word Sky in the title.

Big_Pecks
I've pre-ordered Skyrim too, and both release roughly a week apart... November will be the death of me.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Its about damn time Nintendo takes on a romance sub-narrative.trollop_scat

Sick dude, the game is for ten year olds...

You can push your flawed logic that the game is aimed at 10 year olds all you want, but it won't make it any less flawed.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

trollop_scat

And? There are plenty of series that are aimed at "children," yet that doesn't stop teenagers, adults, ect from enjoying them. Look at that horrible cartoon My Little Pony. It's aimed at 10 year old girls, but it's majority fanbase is 18-24 year old males.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#145 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

trollop_scat

How hilariously incorrect. That's factually false as evidenced by the definition of ESRB's regulations. It's a way to discern that a game is good for anyone above a certain age. So a game that is E +10 is suitable for everyone ABOVE the age of 10. To put this in perspective, GoW is an M game, but is one of the most juvenile games I've played. To judge a game based on its ESRB is foolish to put it lightly.

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 vtbob88

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Its about damn time Nintendo takes on a romance sub-narrative.trollop_scat

What the hell is this guys point??? The rating has absolutely nothing to do with the difficulty of the game. The rating takes into account Violence, Language, Drinking, Sexual themes. The people rating the game do not consider the difficulty.

So by tollop_scat's logic, if there was blood added into a zelda game, with not a single thing changed other than that so the entire gameplay and story are the same, it will now be a game meant to challenge "mature" people. Yeah, that makes a good amount of sense.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 calvinsora

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

ChubbyGuy40

And? There are plenty of series that are aimed at "children," yet that doesn't stop teenagers, adults, ect from enjoying them. Look at that horrible cartoon My Little Pony. It's aimed at 10 year old girls, but it's majority fanbase is 18-24 year old males.

I think you are referring to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I haven't watched it myself but it's reputed to be a high-quality cartoon that is both cleverly written and genuinely entertaining. Read out of that as you will.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 calvinsora

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

trollop_scat

You can push your flawed logic that the game is aimed at 10 year olds all you want, but it won't make it any less flawed.

The game says 10+ on the box!That means parents are supposed to be able to leave their 10 year old kids alone with the game without supervision.

While the game isn't intended soley for 10 year olds, 10 year olds are indeed a big part of the demographic Nintendo intends to sell the game to. Anyone else playing it is playing down to a pre-teen child's level; in terms of simple gameplay mechanics, by-the-numbers fairy tale story, enemy design, level design... a ten year old is considered fit to experience it, according to THEIR logic/reasoning. Not mine.

If you can remain amused by a game suited for a pre-teen, good for you, I guess. Santa may even bring you your copy if you fit in a few good deeds before the end of the year. I'm routing for you...

I like the fact that you think the ESRB define what is and isn't kids material. SMG2, an E game, has IMO the best design of any game this generation. Oh, but I'm supposedly at a "pre-school" level at that point. Herp-de-derp.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#150 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I'm getting it either way. I'm a geek for zelda