Fallout 4 PS4 Pro's 1440p vs Xbox One X's 2160p (4K)

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#151 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@04dcarraher: i agree with that. Same issue is with PC as well.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Neogaf? aka Pony ground zero?

No thanks an no way I buy anything from what anyone there is selling.

EA has already said they are going to use X to the most of its ability so just browsing the list see that Battle front 2 was not mentioned as 4k 60fps, know your list is wrong.

Again X games will look better. A lot better. Just deal with it! Gameplay is more important than resolution member? You member!

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@cainetao11: base level is the strongest lv. It holds the most weight. Your x1x isnt gonna change how this gen started nor how it now.

Nice spin attempt. Enjoy the slightly better checkboard for 100 extra. 150 by time it comes out. We paid 100 dollars less for our slightly better power. Which is the only reason some bragged.

Bet money our future exclusives still end looking better.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Bethesda games on consoles....missing 99% of mods that make the games playable...

LMAO

At least tell me it goes over 30 fps.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

Don't forget this is a Bethesda game. If it is native 4K, I wouldn't be surprised if it drops below 30FPS quite frequently and takes them ages to fix. The Fallout engine is a mess.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Will it make the game not suck though?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@cainetao11: base level is the strongest lv. (WTF does that even mean?) It holds the most weight. Your x1x isnt gonna changehow this gen started nor how it now.

Nice spin attempt. Enjoy the slightly better checkboard for 100 extra. 150 by time it comes out. We paid 100 dollars less for our slightly better power. Which is the only reason some bragged.

Bet money our future exclusives still end looking better.

LOL I don't need anything changed, my life doesn't hinge on SW. My X1X is going to be better than my X1S, just like my PS4 Pro is better than my PS4 was. Awww $100 is so much money, you really showed me! Saving that money I make in a 2 hour service call on Saturday. Don't brag to me that you need to penny pinch HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll bet more money that I still wont give a shit for many of the PS exclusives. What should I get all riled up for? Another emotionally written SP campaign that I'll play through once then again after a year or so? At least Gears, Halo, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 are offering me the unscripted excitement of playing with other human beings. TLOU2, GoW, Days Gone, Spider-Man? Am I buying those for replayability? How many fvcking times can I guide Kratos to the end of the story and be excited about it?

Aside from Alienation (my GOTY last year), PS MP lives off of multiplats. The cost for plus is a rip off because the *free games have certainly been shit for a long time. Fvckin Uncharted 4? LMAO its a ghost town and I couldn't play through the campaign a second time. I cant get excited to get Nate and the gang to beat the whiny villain again. I saw how it ends already. Lastly who's "our future exclusives"? You're a Sony first party developer? Maybe you need a break from SW, pal. It isn't that serious.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#158 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@04dcarraher said:
@kvally said:

@04dcarraher: so i take it your answer is no? And i take it you agree that the GPU is 43% faster, has 60% more memory and a more powerful CPU?

Not sure how you can disagree with math but i wouldnt put it past many here.

What im arguing about is the fact that you thinking a possible 50% increase in performance will allow a massive gains in performance when rendering 2x the amount pixels. You can not ignore the fact that rendering at true 4k will come at a cost in quality and or performance vs rendering at a lower resolution.

Just wait it out. Eventually there will be confirmation that Fall Out 4 will be upscaled and they'll never speak of it again. It's going to be upscaled with some extra quality here and there. Maybe a higher resolution than 1440. But not native.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#159 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Some of the people here that wet their pants over 1.8 TFLOPS vs 1.3 TFLOPS are now like "40-50% increase in power is nothing". LMAO the fvckin flip is hilarious!!

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@gamecubepad said:
@scatteh316 said:

PC GPU's are ALWAYS benchmarked with the fastest CPU's available to avoid any limitations to frame rates and the results are not any where close to being indicative of how a GPU of equal power would perform in a console with a much much much shittier CPU.

So stop using these charts as it's laughable.

LMFAO!!!!!!!

1. 4K/30fps will create a GPU-bound scenario where there will be little difference between various tiers of CPUs.

2. FO4 is 1080p/30fps on XO, making it an ideal candidate for 4K.

---

Not to say it will be that res, just that your reasoning is incorrect.

That has pretty much just proven my point..... The i3-4350 can't offer a solid 30fps and that's faster then Xbone X's CPU...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#161 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@FastRobby said:

@Shewgenja: lol, a PC isn't a console. People don't buy consoles for exclusives that has been shown over and over again. Different category, but I know you cows love to flip flop so this response doesn't surprise me.

A. I have this game on PC

B. System Wars, not Console Wars.

a. Has nothing to do with it

b. Sure, but still a different category. I didn't see any of these remarks when people kept posting DF articles that compared PS4, and the One. Oh thats right, flip flop

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Meh, even on PC with all the mods at 4K, FO4 is at best a "decent" shooter game with a sprinkling of RPG elements, and still a piss poor excuse for a Fallout game.

Too bad all the extra horsepower can't be used for something useful. Like non-braindead companion and enemy AI.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@gamecubepad said:
@scatteh316 said:

PC GPU's are ALWAYS benchmarked with the fastest CPU's available to avoid any limitations to frame rates and the results are not any where close to being indicative of how a GPU of equal power would perform in a console with a much much much shittier CPU.

LMFAO!!!!!!!

1. 4K/30fps will create a GPU-bound scenario where there will be little difference between various tiers of CPUs.

---

That has pretty much just proven my point..... The i3-4350 can't offer a solid 30fps and that's faster then Xbone X's CPU...

Prove it.

Double Athlon 5350's result for 8 core at 2.05 Ghz version. Intel Atom C2750 has 8 Silvermont cores with 2.4 Ghz to 2.6 Ghz clock speed.

Per CPU core, Intel Silvermont is roughly similar to AMD's Jaguar.

Unlike Bulldozer/Piledriver based CPUs, Athlon 5350's quad cores doesn't share FPU resource with two threads.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ronvalencia

@04dcarraher said:
@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Oh I can see it now. Skyrim 4K native, Fallout 4 4K output (DS or CB) with improved framerates (solid 30fps). You guys really fall for it hard huh? Let's not forget that Skyrim on PS4 Pro is native 4K. What makes you guys think Fallout 4 will be native 4K on Xbox One X?

It's 1440p on the PS Pro, and with 50% more power why couldn't they make it 4K on X1X?

its not 50% only around 40% more powerful , 4k has over 2x the amount of pixels over 1440p. A 50% resolution bump would be like 1080p to 1440p , in which a 40% increase in performance could handle that and sustain a target framerate. A 40% increase will not allow to render 2x the amount of pixels and be able to sustain the same target frame rate without taking compromises.

You still not thinking render time i.e. each hardware advantages affects render time.

Each hardware component has dependencies e.g. memory write is dependent on math result being ready at a timely manner.

Memory transfers consumes render time.

Solving math problem consumes render time.

Both XBO and PS4 has similar memory write performance while X1X has about 50 percent superior memory write performance over PS4 Pro.

Memory bandwidth bound TFLOPS is the real difference between X1X and PS4 Pro.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ronvalencia

@Zero_epyon said:
@04dcarraher said:
@kvally said:

@04dcarraher: so i take it your answer is no? And i take it you agree that the GPU is 43% faster, has 60% more memory and a more powerful CPU?

What im arguing about is the fact that you thinking a possible 50% increase in performance will allow a massive gains in performance when rendering 2x the amount pixels. You can not ignore the fact that rendering at true 4k will come at a cost in quality and or performance vs rendering at a lower resolution.

Just wait it out. Eventually there will be confirmation that Fall Out 4 will be upscaled and they'll never speak of it again. It's going to be upscaled with some extra quality here and there. Maybe a higher resolution than 1440. But not native.

There's no logical reason for X1X's Fallout 4 to be CB 4K since ancient R9-390X (5.9 TFLOPS) with ~2/3 of RX-480's 3Dmarks Vantage's color fill rate (Polaris DCC 32 ROPS crushed non-DCC 64 ROPS) is already native 4k ~32 fps average.

The GPU is the bottleneck since higher GPU SKUs can still scale the same CPU.

XFX Radeon HD R9-390's 40 CU has 5.3 TFLOPS with 33 fps average.

At 1050 Mhz, XFX Radeon HD R9-390's non-CU hardware is same as R9-390X's non-CU hardware, hence 0.7 TFLOPS is wasted. X1X's 40 CU GPU non-CU hardware is clocked at 1172 Mhz.

40/44 CU at 1172 Mhz is faster Hawaii Pro/XT variant.

lbjmvp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#166  Edited By lbjmvp23
Member since 2017 • 15 Posts

Fallout 4 PS4 Pro's 1440p vs Xbox One X's Unconfirmed

Here, I fixed it for the the people that are having a hard time reading articles. Nice try!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ronvalencia

@lbjmvp23 said:

Here, I fixed it for the the people that are having a hard time reading articles. Nice try!

Wrong

From http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58024/bethesda-xbox-one-support/index.html

"We're looking for all of our studios to add a level of support for Xbox One X. We Tweeted out last night that we're working right now to get Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 supported on the X,"

Hines said in a recent interview with Geoff Keighely. "We're working right now to get both of those titles supported with higher resolution, True 4K, higher frame rates, etc. The games will take advantage of the hardware and Microsoft's been grateful and Phil Spencer came out last year to tell us what they're doing and walk us through a tech demo to let all of our guys get up to speed on what Xbox One X is capable of doing and how we want to embrace it and incorporate it into our games."

It's 4K for both Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 for X1X.

Try again.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 scatteh316

@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@gamecubepad said:
@scatteh316 said:

LMFAO!!!!!!!

---

Prove it.

Double Athlon 5350's result for 8 core at 2.05 Ghz version. Intel Atom C2750 has 8 Silvermont cores with 2.4 Ghz to 2.6 Ghz clock speed.

Unlike Bulldozer/Piledriver based CPUs, Athlon 5350's quad cores doesn't share FPU resource with two threads.

Ahahahahahahaha......... Maybe use a game benchmark.... making up things again just like you did in the OP....... And maybe use a CPU with equal IPC to Jaguar.....

Deal with it.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 scatteh316

@ronvalencia said:
@lbjmvp23 said:

Wrong

"We're looking for all of our studios to add a level of support for Xbox One X. We Tweeted out last night that we're working right now to get Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 supported on the X,"

Hines said in a recent interview with Geoff Keighely. "We're working right now to get both of those titles supported with higher resolution, True 4K, higher frame rates, etc. The games will take advantage of the hardware and Microsoft's been grateful and Phil Spencer came out last year to tell us what they're doing and walk us through a tech demo to let all of our guys get up to speed on what Xbox One X is capable of doing and how we want to embrace it and incorporate it into our games."

Try again.

Where's it state the exact resolution for XBX again??? Or are you making stuff up again.... Lmfao..

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@lbjmvp23 said:

Wrong

Try again.

Where's it state the exact resolution for XBX again??? Or are you making stuff up again.... Lmfao..

"higher resolution, True 4K, higher frame rates" You are making stuff up again.... Lmfao..

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@lbjmvp23 said:

Wrong

Try again.

Ronbot again showing up that his brain can't handle the english language.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#172 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

So now your point is it can't offer a "solid" 30fps? Before it was that a weaker CPU would turn a 980ti GPU into a 270x.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@lbjmvp23 said:

Wrong

Try again.

Mad Cow again showing up who can't handle precious PS4 Pro having inferior 1440p resolution when compared to X1X.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:

Wrong

Try again.

Mad Cow again showing up who can't handle precious PS4 Pro having inferior 1440p resolution when compared to X1X.

Oh I can handle it, I play games not resolutions or AMD presentations like you do. You, on the other hand, can't handle the english language, logic and rational thought processes which is sad and pathetic.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 kvally

@Zero_epyon: just make sure you quote the people that claimed Fallout 4 will be native 4k.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 PinkAnimal

@kvally said:

@Zero_epyon: just make sure you quote the people that claimed Fallout 4 will be native 4k.

So basically the OP and all the lemmings here that agree with him then...

lbjmvp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By lbjmvp23

@ronvalencia

https://news.xbox.com/2017/06/11/new-packaging-icons-xbox/

Wrong! Microsoft has muddied the waters. We will wait for Digital foundry for the real info. Not Microsoft's marketing BS. The Xbox X is an Xbox Pro. Im not sure why you keep claiming otherwise. Same resolutions and same framerates across the board except for a few instances. I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you.

lbjmvp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 lbjmvp23

@the-a-baum Battlefront 2 is 1440p/60fps on Pro and X.

Xbox One X can't run Battlefront 1 at native 4K. Nice try!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 kvally

@pinkanimal: yup as long as you can quote them stating FO4 will be native 4K.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 PinkAnimal

@kvally said:

@pinkanimal: yup as long as you can quote them stating FO4 will be native 4K.

I know that you're going to flip flop and require that the specific word "native" was said because you're a troll but OP said "8,294,400 pixels" which is the amount of pixels for native 4k so they are equivalent. The rest of the lems here are not directly saying native 4k but agreeing with ronvalencia which is also admitting they think FO4 will be native 4k.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 kvally

@pinkanimal: i never specified any poster. As long as zero can quote menbers here stating that FO4 will be native 4K, then he should be ok.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By ronvalencia

@lbjmvp23 said:

@ronvalencia

https://news.xbox.com/2017/06/11/new-packaging-icons-xbox/

Wrong! Microsoft has muddied the waters. We will wait for Digital foundry for the real info. Not Microsoft's marketing BS. The Xbox X is an Xbox Pro. Im not sure why you keep claiming otherwise. Same resolutions and same framerates across the board except for a few instances. I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you.

For this topic, Fallout 4 on XBO is already has 1080p and 30 fps target i.e. for 4K, 1.3 TFLOPS x 4 = 5.2 TFLOPS. My topic's information is not from Microsoft's PR.

XFX R9-390 with 1050 Mhz OC and 5.3 TFLOPS has 4K >30 fps average with ultra settings.

PS4 Pro's 4.2 TFLOPS GPU is not enough for 4K.

RX-470 has 4.9 TFLOPS FP32 which makes PS4 Pro's GPU weaker than PC's RX-470.

PC's RX-470 can handle Fallout 4 at 1440p without major problems.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:
@scatteh316 said:

Oh I can handle it, I play games not resolutions or AMD presentations like you do. You, on the other hand, can't handle the english language, logic and rational thought processes which is sad and pathetic.

Wrong. My memory bandwidth argument comes from NVIDIA's presentations. Try again mad cow.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@kuu2 said:
@pinkanimal said:
@kuu2 said:

@scatteh316: couldn't care less about something not saying "native". That is the latest SW troupe trying to discredit The One X.

You are trying to hard.

Actually it was originally your troupe to discredit the PS4 honey.

So, you're the one who is trying too hard to flipflop

We get it ALT you're obsessed with me.

Flattering and creepy all at the same time.

If you keep lying I will keep exposing you with that single post that illustrates your hypocrisy. If you want to have a serious discussion then go ahead. But since lemmings like you already know that you're pretty much destroyed in the gaming department by the PS4, you're grasping at any little thing to claim a win, flip flopping like crazy, changing the definition of terms, i.e. being desperate. But then desperation makes you make mistakes such as this because your arguments are poor, weak and badly thought out, usually based on exaggerated, deceptive and unproven news headlines. It appears you people don't even care to read your own sources before posting here. If the X1X is truly going to be a native 4k machine then I suggest you guys wait until the games release because right now you are making a fool of yourselves every time you make one of these threads that get disproved 5 posts into the thread using the same source posted on the OP. I have seen like 4 of these already and it is always the same outcome.

By the way, no one has ever disputed that the X1X will have better versions of multiplat games than the PS4 Pro, that's obvious considering the machine released one year later, has better tech and is more expensive. What people have always disputed is if it's going to be so much better than the Pro to justify paying $100 and getting a much weaker game library. I think it is obvious that the X1X will still be no match for the PS4 even with the slight power advantage. What Microsoft needs is a solid game library and lemmings are not helping by using pixel counting of multiplat titles as their main argument to damage control in favor of Microsoft. Microsoft will continue being mediocre if all your arguments and expectations are mediocre.

Dude you're an ALT you are the posting persona of a lie.

Just stop you're embarrassing yourself.

Damn, you got OWNED. BIG TIME

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

@davillain- said:
@primorandomguy said:

@davillain-: What's pathetic is you calling the X1X a so called 4K machine and calling it pathetic because the devs aren't targeting 60fps on Fallout 4. I have NEVER seen you call the PS4 or PS Pro pathetic or see you call cows out on ANYTHING. And it's up to the devs how they utilise the power of the X1X. X1X does do 4K. On same games yes it's NATIVE get over it. I'm tied of you bashing the X1X and getting mad when someone says they're getting the X1X. I'm tired of you calling yourself a manticore when it's beyond obvious you aren't. You're an anti MS cow shill. Just stop.

Or maybe it's the fact that I don't dive a damn about Pro huh. Ever thought about that?

The only thing that's more pathetic is You! If you wanna go buy X1X then go right ahead. I'll be enjoying playing my games in 60fps under my high-end PC.

Ok first off another super Sony fanboy hiding behind the PC since the PS4 is weak as heck and they can not defend it.

Lets just say in some crazy alternate world you are not a Sony Fanboy and are some hardcore PC gamer. So your defense is you spent at least 4 times the price of a Xbox One X for a small gain? Oh and before you try and act as if it costs the same price. Lets see the cpu, gpu, power supply, ram, motherboard, casing, operating system and so on. Also keyboard and mouse while your at it since part of the price for the Xbox one X is the controller.

Just so you know a gpu by itself will probably cost more then the Xbox One X.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56109 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

Ok first off another super Sony fanboy hiding behind the PC since the PS4 is weak as heck and they can not defend it.

Lets just say in some crazy alternate world you are not a Sony Fanboy and are some hardcore PC gamer. So your defense is you spent at least 4 times the price of a Xbox One X for a small gain? Oh and before you try and act as if it costs the same price. Lets see the cpu, gpu, power supply, ram, motherboard, casing, operating system and so on. Also keyboard and mouse while your at it since part of the price for the Xbox one X is the controller.

To tell you the truth, due to the miners and the GPU price hike, it's impossible to build a PC at $500 range at this time, hell I already explain it to someone about it. a single GTX 1060 as of right now used to cost around $200 and now, they go around for $400! So yeah, it's a bad time to be building a PC.

And LOL as if I hide behind a PC, I already had a PC, even before PS4 (Xbox One) existed. I have a GTX 1070+i5 6600k+16GB Ram that smokes both PS4 Pro & even the mighty upgrade console that is Xbox One X in there tracks. But hey, feel free to accuse me hiding behind my PC, cause that's where I play my games the most! My PS4 is good for playing exclusive games and very few other 3rd party games.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ronvalencia

@davillain- said:
@CanYouDiglt said:

To tell you the truth, due to the miners and the GPU price hike, it's impossible to build a PC at $500 range at this time, hell I already explain it to someone about it. a single GTX 1060 as of right now used to cost around $200 and now, they go around for $400! So yeah, it's a bad time to be building a PC.

And LOL as if I hide behind a PC, I already had a PC, even before PS4 (Xbox One) existed. I have a GTX 1070+i5 6600k+16GB Ram that smokes both PS4 Pro & even the mighty upgrade console that is Xbox One X in there tracks. But hey, feel free to accuse me hiding behind my PC, cause that's where I play my games the most! My PS4 is good for playing exclusive games and very few other 3rd party games.

Ethereum is harder to make a low BOM price custom ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) since this crypo currency needs uncompressed memory bandwidth and multi-GB memory storage.

Small custom ASIC vendors needs to master leading edge GDDR5 memory controllers.

In short, it's not a compute problem solvable by ASIC's but an access problem reliant upon an already efficient commodity RAM industry.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 ronvalencia

@lbjmvp23 said:

@the-a-baum Battlefront 2 is 1440p/60fps on Pro and X.

Xbox One X can't run Battlefront 1 at native 4K. Nice try!

Link?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@gamecubepad said:

---

Prove it.

Ahahahahahahaha......... Maybe use a game benchmark.... making up things again just like you did in the OP....... And maybe use a CPU with equal IPC to Jaguar.....

Deal with it.

No PC Jaguar SKU has PCI-E version 3.0 with 16 lanes. Deal with it.

Loading Video...

PS4 beats i3/GTX 750 Ti.

serialkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 serialkisser
Member since 2006 • 300 Posts

On my GTX 1080 Ti i get around 45 FPS average @ 4K with ultra settings.

I bet on Xbox 1 it runs with lots of settings turned off like godrays and probably lower lightning/shadow quality and virtually 0 draw distance.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ronvalencia

@serialkisser said:

On my GTX 1080 Ti i get around 45 FPS average @ 4K with ultra settings.

I bet on Xbox 1 it runs with lots of settings turned off like godrays and probably lower lightning/shadow quality and virtually 0 draw distance.

Loading Video...

God-rays set to medium.

Focus on R9-390/R9-390X cards.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By scatteh316

Yay... lets keep using PC graphics cards that are pushed by much, much, much faster CPU's then what XBX has.... it's already been proven that CPU's play a big part in Fallout 4 performance.......... And check out that 21fps minimum on the 390x in your last chart.........lmao..

DEAL WITH IT.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-fallout-4-ps4-pro-patch-analysis

PS4 Pro's Fallout 4 pushes the game to a native 1440p (3,686,400 pixels).

X1X's 4K has 8,294,400 pixels.

More than 43 percent advantage for X1X.

Great...

Owners of Microsoft's new console aren't treated to the same level of quality in this area. 720p - also featuring the same post-process anti-aliasing - is confirmed, which is then upscaled to 1080p by the console before arriving on your TV screen. On top of that, a strong sharpening filter is also applied over the entire 720p image, encompassing both in-game imagery along with the HUD elements and even the main menu screens. Based on the fact that we're seeing something very similar in Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3, we have a feeling that this may actually be part of the Microsoft upscaling solution - and we don't like it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-next-gen-face-off

More than 40% advantage for the PS4.

One of the perks of the PS4 version, as revealed earlier via a tweet, is atmospheric simulation - a real-time approach to rendering skies in the Ground Zeroes mission. This allows clouds to move dynamically and impact the sun's lighting, where by contrast the Xbox One release joins PS3 and 360 with purely static skyboxes. It's a difference that only becomes apparent during side-ops missions, where the military base is accessible in broad daylight. Though curiously, the skybox is reinstated during certain set-pieces on PS4 - making this a subtle advantage if you know when and where to look.

The resolution details stand as the most dramatic difference though, with Konami happily making public the specifics of each version ahead of release. From our pixel counts, we can confirm that the PS4 does indeed push out a 1920x1080 framebuffer as promised, while on Xbox One we have just a 1280x720 window with which to work. For a game that embarks on a crusade for open-world stealth action, the lower resolution on Microsoft's platform does affect visibility when lining up long-range shots - just as it does across Battlefield 4's sandbox areas.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-face-off

More than 40% advantage for PS4

This highlights one area where a PS4 exhibits an advantage over Xbox One: it boasts a full 1080p output for the vast majority of the duration, with minor drops in resolution occurring in select circumstances. In contrast, Xbox One regularly struggles to hit full 1080p, more often coming in around 1472x828 or lower.

When it comes to performance, both versions aim to deliver a steady 60 frames per second update and the game comes remarkably close to delivering just that. On PlayStation 4, the majority of battles play out with only the smallest of drops. We've already presented one of the worst-case scenarios in video form, but the overall experience feels perceptually rock solid to the point where we were surprised to find any drops at all after analysing the footage.

On Xbox One, performance isn't quite as robust but it still manages to feel great. During many of the larger battles, frame-rates tumble into the mid-50s with some dips all the way down into the 40s.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-doom-face-off

More than 40% advantage for the PS4

For the sake of absolute thoroughness, we can confirm any such change doesn't extend to the resolution issue. If you're buying the PS4 version, you're getting a 1600x900 image scaled to whichever output you'd prefer, while the Xbox One trots behind with a 1280x720 framebuffer that, to be blunt, has an impact on overall visibility on some of the game's bigger multiplayer maps.

In motion, it's the Xbox One version that suffers from the greater temporal aliasing - a flicker artefact on thin geometry and power-lines while panning - but also a general muddying of enemy outlines on the horizon. A post-process anti-aliasing method is in place for both versions, but it's simply not enough to pull the Microsoft release out of the muggy mire as far as image quality goes - it stands as a real shame.

For every other sequence, we see a consistent delta of 10fps in the PS4's favour; from the docking of a rainy, battle-torn Singaporean beach to the ripping in half of an airship carrier.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-face-off

While this point is shared, PS4 and Xbox One part ways when it comes to resolution and anti-aliasing. As confirmed by the team itself, Sony's machine continues to push out a native 1920x1080 image, while Microsoft's hardware musters an upscaled 1600x900. The results are unfortunately not always flattering for Xbox One's final image, even with the team's choice of EQAA in place (also in effect on PS4). This is an AMD variant of the traditional MSAA method, but in this case with extra coverage samples per pixel, in theory giving a smoother gradient on each aliased edge.

As established in our earlier analysis, PS4 does also have an advantage in performance. To re-cap quickly, Project Cars' read-out is typically 60fps in its career mode, with tearing and drops below 50fps once rain kicks in. Stress-tests also show a PS4 advantage once 30+ cars are engaged, while Microsoft's platform takes a bigger hit on hectic races with heavy alpha effects. Tearing is constant in these 30-40fps stress-test scenarios, but in the interest of keeping render times as close as possible to the 16.67ms target, dropping v-sync helps to keep the visual update as rapid as possible - if at a cost to image quality.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-face-off

In fact any game on PS4 that is 1080p and 900p on xbox one or 900p and 720p on xbox one is already showing a more than 40% advantage that is without frames or other perks like extra AA,faster frames,dynamic effects and so on..

But on those days you didn't care and you were one of those who downplayed the gap hypocrite.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 tormentos

@kvally said:

@kuu2: the majority of games on the Xbox One are 1080p. But because Sony fan boys say they are not 1080p, they are not.

That was the memo we got.

Link with proof of such claim remember you claim it you back it up.

Now link me to the list showing most xbox one games are 1080p,i am not saying is not true is simply that you invent to much crap in order to win an argument..lol

We all remember how you false claim of all PS4 games playable on PC ended..lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 tormentos

@04dcarraher said:
@kvally said:

Is like they learned nothing from the xbox one and PS4 situation,the PS4 was 40% more powerful and most of the time only manage to get an extra bump in resolution and maybe a few minor touch ups in some cases it was bigger but not by much,because of that rendering extra pixels over 900p already was eating most of the extra power,then same will happen with scorpio as well they just can't see it they think the difference between 1440p or 1800p vs 4k is nothing and has no penalty apparently.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

@ronvalencia: Link?

Confirmed to Xbox enhanced but no further details yet. here is a prediction. It's going to be glorious!

http://cogconnected.com/2017/07/battlefront-ii-xbox-one-x-enhanced/

Even if a game is checkerboarded. Going from 1440 vs 2160 is a big difference.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 ronvalencia

@the-a-baum said:

@ronvalencia: Link?

Confirmed to Xbox enhanced but no further details yet. here is a prediction. It's going to be glorious!

http://cogconnected.com/2017/07/battlefront-ii-xbox-one-x-enhanced/

Even if a game is checkerboarded. Going from 1440 vs 2160 is a big difference.

Actual source comes from https://www.windowscentral.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-confirmed-xbox-one-x-enhanced-title

However, at the time, mention of an update for Star Wars Battlefront 2 appeared to be absent from the show.

As seen on the official Xbox website, we now have clear confirmation that Star Wars Battlefront 2 will be upgraded for the Xbox One X. Like other games advertised under the "Xbox One X Enhanced" tagline, Star Wars Battlefront 2 will have various visual upgrades on the console – though the actual specifics of the upgrade are yet to be confirmed.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-fallout-4-ps4-pro-patch-analysis

PS4 Pro's Fallout 4 pushes the game to a native 1440p (3,686,400 pixels).

X1X's 4K has 8,294,400 pixels.

More than 43 percent advantage for X1X.

Great...

Your entire post is a red herring for Fallout 4 X1X at 4K vs PS4 Pro's 1440p version.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:

Yay... lets keep using PC graphics cards that are pushed by much, much, much faster CPU's then what XBX has.... it's already been proven that CPU's play a big part in Fallout 4 performance.......... And check out that 21fps minimum on the 390x in your last chart.........lmao..

DEAL WITH IT.

It's not X390 LOL, it's R9-390X. You can't get the basics correct.

To bad for you, R9-390X is very old GCN version 1.1 architecture and it's without X1X's 60 deep graphics pipeline and Polaris' GCN version 1.3 changes.

When RX-480 is less memory bottlenecked at 1440p resolution, RX-480 is actually faster than R9-390X. Heavy tessellation based god-rays hammers both R9-390X and Fury X. Too bad for you, X1X's has Polaris update with it's tessellation.

There's no PC SKU part with updated PolarisPlus architecture with 40/44 CU wide at 6 TFLOPS with up to 326 GB/s physical memory bandwidth.

With similar results, R9-390's 5.1 TFLOPS shows RX-580's 6.17 TFLOPS being memory bandwidth bottlenecked. There's about 0.88 TFLOPS being wasted. Deal with it.

There's only 9.5 fps difference between reference GTX 1070 and reference RX-580.

There's only 6.5 fps difference between reference GTX 980 Ti and reference RX-580.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/15.html

Using 0.88 TFLOPS with extra memory bandwidth, lands X1X estimate into GTX 980 Ti and GTX 1070 range.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Your entire post is a red herring for Fallout 4 X1X at 4K vs PS4 Pro's 1440p version.

Yeah my post is red herring when i linked ass you apparently don't know what red herring mean moron.

All the links i posted showed more than 40% gap in favor of the PS4..lol