Fallout 4 PS4 Pro's 1440p vs Xbox One X's 2160p (4K)

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

Ron up to his old tricks, but where is graphs and piecharts that accompany Ron's usual nonsense

He's faltering

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#102 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

This is a pretty flawed comparison. Especially since you mention nothing about frame rate in your calculation. You need to use pixel throughput, not pixels on the screen at any one point. Also given the fact that we don't know the actual settings used for each version, because those pixels are probably not equal.

Yep, I'd label the OP as grade A BS. Throw it on the stack of BS assertions made on the GS forums.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@Heil68 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Taken from the same Tweaktown article

It'll be interesting to see how Fallout 4, Skyrim: Special Edition, Wolfenstein II and Bethesda's other new and existing games get updated with support, but remember that there's no hard regulations on what the studio has to do. What Bethesda does with Xbox One X is entirely up to them, so don't expect every single game to run at native 4K 60FPS by default. Even still, playing Quake Champions in 1440p at a steady 60FPS would be enough for many gamers, especially with full native mouse and keyboard support.

More selective quoting by ronbot as again there's not a single quote in the whole article stating that there's 100% NATIVE 4k support for XBX.

Ron stop trying so hard and stop guessing as you're just owning yourself.

/Thread

lol..PS4 wins again.

Old friend how goes it.............

So sorry to hear about the loss.

Been doing great!

PS4 will no longer be current gen 8 console leader when X comes out???

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#104 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

@kuu2: To me they are. Stiff NPC, useless dialog choices, too much glitch, very light diluted rpg skill tree.I feel like the game world is too big to make it works smoothly or to excel at something.

That type of game is fun when you are there to screw around.

All of this is my opinion

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#105 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

PS Pro rekt again.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

shit i should have bought this on xbox one god damnit sony

digital foundry should have warned us about this incoming console i don't want the worst version of multiplats

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@kuu2 said:
@Heil68 said:

lol..PS4 wins again.

Been doing great!

Hahaha man I missed you.

Oh no it will it just won't be "Most powerful gen 8 console leader". ;p

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@kuu2 said:

"Home News Gaming Bethesda is all in on Xbox One X support Bethesda pledges support for Microsoft's new 4K-ready Xbox One X, says they'll update games with enhancements By: Derek Strickland | Gaming News | Posted: Jun 14, 2017 6:31 pm Comment | Email to a Friend | Font Size: AA E3 2017 - Bethesda plans to support Microsoft's new Xbox One X by updating their core games to leverage the new console's high-end hardware. New and existing Bethesda Softworks games will be updated with enhancements to tap Xbox One X's robust hardware upgrades, Bethesda exec Pete Hines confirmed. Expect to see all of Bethesda's new titles like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, The Evil Within II, and Dishonored 2's new Death of the Outsider DLC get some sort of optimization upgrades including 4K with beefier frame rates and other enhancements. These upgrades will also come to Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition too."

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58024/bethesda-xbox-one-support/index.html

No where does it claim native 4k for Fall Out in any of that crap you've just quoted...

Take your time and try again....

Fallout 4 is already 1080p/30 fps on XBO.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:

Taken from the same Tweaktown article

It'll be interesting to see how Fallout 4, Skyrim: Special Edition, Wolfenstein II and Bethesda's other new and existing games get updated with support, but remember that there's no hard regulations on what the studio has to do. What Bethesda does with Xbox One X is entirely up to them, so don't expect every single game to run at native 4K 60FPS by default. Even still, playing Quake Champions in 1440p at a steady 60FPS would be enough for many gamers, especially with full native mouse and keyboard support.

More selective quoting by ronbot as again there's not a single quote in the whole article stating that there's 100% NATIVE 4k support for XBX.

Ron stop trying so hard and stop guessing as you're just owning yourself.

/Thread

You are quoting from Derek Strickland not from Geoff Keighely's statement.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@kuu2 said:

"Home News Gaming Bethesda is all in on Xbox One X support Bethesda pledges support for Microsoft's new 4K-ready Xbox One X, says they'll update games with enhancements By: Derek Strickland | Gaming News | Posted: Jun 14, 2017 6:31 pm Comment | Email to a Friend | Font Size: AA E3 2017 - Bethesda plans to support Microsoft's new Xbox One X by updating their core games to leverage the new console's high-end hardware. New and existing Bethesda Softworks games will be updated with enhancements to tap Xbox One X's robust hardware upgrades, Bethesda exec Pete Hines confirmed. Expect to see all of Bethesda's new titles like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, The Evil Within II, and Dishonored 2's new Death of the Outsider DLC get some sort of optimization upgrades including 4K with beefier frame rates and other enhancements. These upgrades will also come to Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition too."

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58024/bethesda-xbox-one-support/index.html

No where does it claim native 4k for Fall Out in any of that crap you've just quoted...

How is that possible I was told that The One can't do 1080p??????

So basically based off of MSoft's benchmarks there should be zero issue FO4 hitting 4K.

Can't wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#111  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Shewgenja: lol, a PC isn't a console. People don't buy consoles for exclusives that has been shown over and over again. Different category, but I know you cows love to flip flop so this response doesn't surprise me.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 kvally

@kuu2: the majority of games on the Xbox One are 1080p. But because Sony fan boys say they are not 1080p, they are not.

That was the memo we got.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@Shewgenja: lol, a PC isn't a console. People don't buy consoles for exclusives that has been shown over and over again. Different category, but I know you cows love to flip flop so this response doesn't surprise me.

A. I have this game on PC

B. System Wars, not Console Wars.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@davillain- said:

Meh, Fallout 4 wasn't even that fun of a game anyways.

LOL like that matters in a straight up comparison of what is more capable. The 1080p of Persona 5 is Meh to me compared to the 0p of it on X1 because the game is turned based weaboo bitch crap. Does that mean PS doesn't have an obvious advantage in running the game?

And it even hurts my eyes to be playing FO4 under 30fps! Yuck! Glad I got this on PC awhile back to experience 60fps which by the way

What difference does it make if you didn't like the game anyway? LMAO I love Fallout 3, NV, 4.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@Heil68 said:
@kuu2 said:
@Heil68 said:

lol..PS4 wins again.

Been doing great!

Hahaha man I missed you.

oh, I never cared about power...Who would? Silly if you ask me.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kvally

@Shewgenja said:
@FastRobby said:

A. I have this game on PC

B. System Wars, not Console Wars.

A. I have Nier, Uncharted 1, 2, 3, No Man's Sky, Matterfall, Street Fighter V, Killzone Shadowfall....on PC

B. System Wars, not Console Wars

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Here we go again. Yet another X1X "native 4k" thread that has to be either updated to say the game in question, actually, does not run in native 4k, or else the OP sneaks out the backdoor. I have no idea why lems are still making these threads. You guys are just owning yourselves left and right these days. Cows don't even have to do anything. They can just sit back and watch you self-destruct time and time again.

Also, I love how instead of saying "native" Ron used the pixel count (in this case the false pixel count, that is). Very crafty.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@davillain-: See. That's exactly what I'm talking about. You say you don't give a damn about the Pro, so you never talk about it. So why do you keep getting butthurt and talk about the X1X constantly? I never see you put down the Pro or cows, but I see you bashing the X1X and calling out lems all the time. And I don't care about your high end gaming PC. The X1X is a strong 4K machine that already has a native 4K/60fps game confirmed. And blows the PS4 and pro out of the water. Again... get over it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kvally

@Heil68 said:
@kuu2 said:
@Heil68 said:
@kuu2 said:
@Heil68 said:

lol..PS4 wins again.

Been doing great!

Hahaha man I missed you.

oh, I never cared about power...Who would? Silly if you ask me.

Well said!

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

@kuu2: Haha ? i remember that shit!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56109 Posts

@cainetao11: Hey now, I ain't the one who hype Persona 5 in the first place.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

We are witness to the most powerful console in the history of the known universe. Thank you MS.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ronvalencia

@kuu2 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@kuu2 said:

So basically based off of MSoft's benchmarks there should be zero issue FO4 hitting 4K.

Can't wait.

MSI R9-390X (1100 Mhz, 6 TFLOPS) already has 4K >37 fps average without any PolarisPlus updates.

Scatteh316 has mad cow disease. Reference GTX 980 Ti is one the best 6 TFLOPS GPU.

PS4 Pro's 1440p results are worst than these mentioned PC GPUs.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@kuu2 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@kuu2 said:

Can't wait.

MSI R9-390X (1100 Mhz, 6 TFLOPS) already has 4K >37 fps average without any PolarisPlus updates.

Scatteh316 has mad cow disease. Reference GTX 980 Ti is the best 6 TFLOPS GPU.

No I can just read, please show me the quote in the article that clearly states native 4k for Xbx.

Take your time, I'll wait.....

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kuu2 said:
@ronvalencia said:

Can't wait.

No I can just read, please show me the quote in the article that clearly states native 4k for Xbx.

From http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58024/bethesda-xbox-one-support/index.html

"We're looking for all of our studios to add a level of support for Xbox One X. We Tweeted out last night that we're working right now to get Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 supported on the X,"

Hines said in a recent interview with Geoff Keighely. "We're working right now to get both of those titles supported with higher resolution, True 4K, higher frame rates, etc. The games will take advantage of the hardware and Microsoft's been grateful and Phil Spencer came out last year to tell us what they're doing and walk us through a tech demo to let all of our guys get up to speed on what Xbox One X is capable of doing and how we want to embrace it and incorporate it into our games."

Deal with it. IF Fallout 4 X1X doesn't have 4K, Geoff wouldn't mention Fallout 4.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 scatteh316

@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kuu2 said:
@ronvalencia said:

Can't wait.

From http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58024/bethesda-xbox-one-support/index.html

"We're looking for all of our studios to add a level of support for Xbox One X. We Tweeted out last night that we're working right now to get Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 supported on the X,"

Hines said in a recent interview with Geoff Keighely. "We're working right now to get both of those titles supported with higher resolution, True 4K, higher frame rates, etc. The games will take advantage of the hardware and Microsoft's been grateful and Phil Spencer came out last year to tell us what they're doing and walk us through a tech demo to let all of our guys get up to speed on what Xbox One X is capable of doing and how we want to embrace it and incorporate it into our games."

Deal with it. IF Fallout 4 X1X doesn't have 4K, Geoff wouldn't mention Fallout 4.

Nope..... I don't see the word NATIVE any where so there's nothing to deal with, except your bull shittery........... Try again little Ronbot.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By scatteh316

@ronvalencia said:
@kuu2 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@scatteh316 said:

Can't wait.

Scatteh316 has mad cow disease. Reference GTX 980 Ti is one the best 6 TFLOPS GPU.

Now lets look at the CPU performance (Which you always forget to show, funny that!) using the same web site (CPU tests were done using an EVGA 980ti):

A 980ti which is faster then a 390x gets reduced to GTX960/R9 270x level performance when paired with a Pentium G3258 or an A10 7870k, both CPU's are arguably faster then what's in Xbox X. So imagine what that 8 core, low clocked tablet CPU is going to do to Xbox X's GPU in Fallout 4 (And please, save the bull shit about how its a 'tweaked' Jaguar CPU, It's still a Jaguar CPU)

Look at the minimums at 1440p!!!!! And yet you think Xbox X with its weak CPU can do native 4k without issue???

PC GPU's are ALWAYS benchmarked with the fastest CPU's available to avoid any limitations to frame rates and the results are not any where close to being indicative of how a GPU of equal power would perform in a console with a much much much shittier CPU.

So stop using these charts as it's laughable.

LMFAO!!!!!!!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ronvalencia

@scatteh316 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kuu2 said:
@ronvalencia said:

Can't wait.

Now lets look at the CPU performance (Which you always forget to show, funny that!) using the same web site (CPU tests were using an EVGA 980ti):

A 980ti which is faster then a 390x gets reduced to GTX960/R9 270x level performance when paired with a Pentium G3258 or an A10 7870k, both CPU's are arguably faster then what's in Xbox X. So imagine what that 8 core, low clocked tablet CPU is going to do to Xbox X's GPU in Fallout 4 (And please, save the bull shit about how its a 'tweaked' Jaguar CPU, It's still a Jaguar CPU.

Look at the minimums at 1440p!!!!! And yet you think Xbox X with it weak CPU can do native 4k without issue???

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Try the 4K resolution NOT 1440 resolution and XBO's DX11.X deferred command list multithreading actually works while PC DX11 version stuck with single thread i.e. AMD hasn't implemented DX11 optional feature for the PC. At 4K resolution, the bottleneck shift towards the GPU.

XBO's DX11.X already has lower CPU overheads than the PC's DX11 version.

R9-390X is old (i.e. year 2013 architecture) with 1 MB L2 cache, missing XBO's custom 2:1 compressed rendering target, missing Polaris DCC version 2, missing Tonga/Fury DCC version 1, missing Polaris triangle culling, missing Polaris command processor, missing 2 MB L2 cache missing, Polaris FP16 and 'etc'. R9-390X doesn't have X1X's 60 deep changes with it's graphics pipeline.

Try again.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Cows, this is just the beginning.

I saw a literal list of many, many games yesterday. It really is not even close.

Loading Video...

Much like E3 how Sony let's MS go first to tweek things, Every console from here out MS will let Sony go first and keep the upper hand in power and being Dev friendly.

Go hide behind your imaginary PC gaming rigs and all the MS exclusive games you never bought.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 kvally

@the-a-baum: oh snap they rekt!!

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

The base gen is still 1080p so until its apart of systems rules to called og ps4 and xbone last gen. You guys will continue to fall short on a base level.

I can assure you guys the x1x will be more popular then w.e xbox comes next and ps5 will actually be really appealing at lunch. At 500 dollars right now you guys should watch your mouths.

You guys are forgetting the ps4 was actually cheaper when we compared pixels etc. Enjoy the only piece of fight you guys will have left tho. Cuase yall not passing us in terms of games. Epecially games with offline depth.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 cainetao11

@davillain- said:

@cainetao11: Hey now, I ain't the one who hype Persona 5 in the first place.

Forest for the trees, bro.

Persona 5 wasn't the point, the fact that one has an advantage in terms of a game over the other is. Whether you liked Fallout 4 or not, the weak ass console is punked by the stronger one, to borrow the phrase used against me in 2014 by a cow. Its really funny how they don't want to hear about that now.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

@Livecommander: You forget. Sony fanboys and Sony themselves turned this into a graphics war. Sony had hardly any games at launch and was referred to as the delaystation.

Sony could not even figure out their success. Then they started yelling 1080 makes you a better gamer and give me 1080 or give me death! Let's not forget who started this!

Don't even try to pretend MS didn't have more games first 3 years. Now the games they showed 8 years ago finally came out and act like you have so many games? We both do!

All games will look better on X, deal with it! Oh PS5 is coming? Don't worry MS is already working on that too. MS will never have the weaker system AGAIN!

Don't act like it about game now when this whole board has constantly been Digital Foundry comparisons, or other crap like that. 1080 vs 900, checkerboarding?

If devs want to checker board fine? All I know is checker boarding from 2060 sounds a lot bigger than 1440. It's not the same not even a little like 1080 vs 900.

Go buy a PC or lets put the resolution war to bed!

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@the-a-baum: your proving my point. Sony fan started it and still going. We cant lose thos resolution war becuase it already started. The half upgrade is different story and not the gen. Sorry it has to be this way until next gen.

Ppl dont buy systems for its luanch games they buy them cuase they know which franichises are coming. All that talk about ps4 havin no games at 1st is irrelevant. We knew they coming and we knew alot of them would have depth offline or not.

You guys are still waiting on games with that logic

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

Oh I can see it now. Skyrim 4K native, Fallout 4 4K output (DS or CB) with improved framerates (solid 30fps). You guys really fall for it hard huh? Let's not forget that Skyrim on PS4 Pro is native 4K. What makes you guys think Fallout 4 will be native 4K on Xbox One X?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 kvally

@Zero_epyon said:

Oh I can see it now. Skyrim 4K native, Fallout 4 4K output (DS or CB) with improved framerates (solid 30fps). You guys really fall for it hard huh? Let's not forget that Skyrim on PS4 Pro is native 4K. What makes you guys think Fallout 4 will be native 4K on Xbox One X?

It's 1440p on the PS Pro, and with 50% more power why couldn't they make it 4K on X1X?

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#138 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

PC GPU's are ALWAYS benchmarked with the fastest CPU's available to avoid any limitations to frame rates and the results are not any where close to being indicative of how a GPU of equal power would perform in a console with a much much much shittier CPU.

So stop using these charts as it's laughable.

LMFAO!!!!!!!

1. 4K/30fps will create a GPU-bound scenario where there will be little difference between various tiers of CPUs.

2. FO4 is 1080p/30fps on XO, making it an ideal candidate for 4K.

---

Not to say it will be that res, just that your reasoning is incorrect.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@kvally said:
@Zero_epyon said:

It's 1440p on the PS Pro, and with 50% more power why couldn't they make it 4K on X1X?

its not 50% only around 40% more powerful , 4k has over 2x the amount of pixels over 1440p. A 50% resolution bump would be like 1080p to 1440p , in which a 40% increase in performance could handle that and sustain a target framerate. A 40% increase will not allow to render 2x the amount of pixels and be able to sustain the same target frame rate without taking compromises.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By kvally

@04dcarraher: GPU is 43% more powerful and it has 60% more ram and CPU is also more powerful. Third party dev confirmed it is 50% more powerful.

Native 4K games already confirmed for Xbox One X.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By 04dcarraher

@kvally said:

@04dcarraher: GPU is 43% more powerful and it has 60% more ram and CPU is also more powerful. Third party dev confirmed it is 50% more powerful.

yet MS only states 40% on their site..... even still 40% vs 50% means little.... having more ram and having a slightly faster cpu adds very little to the grand total in sheer performance. 90% of the console's clout is with its gpu and memory bandwidth.

And again rendering something from 1440p to 4k is still a massive task. 1080p to 4k is 4x the amount of work and 1440p to 4k is 2x the amount of work.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 kvally

@04dcarraher said:
@kvally said:

yet MS only states 40% on their site..... even still 40% vs 50% means little.... having more ram and having a slightly faster cpu adds very little to the grand total in sheer performance. 90% of the console's clout is with its gpu and memory bandwidth.

And again rendering something from 1440p to 4k is still a massive task. 1080p to 4k is 4x the amount of work and 1440p to 4k is 2x the amount of work.

You will have to dispute that with the developers and the stats that prove otherwise. How many X1X and PS Pro games have you developed to debunk them?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 cainetao11

@Livecommander said:

The base gen is still 1080p so until its apart of systems rules to called og ps4 and xbone last gen. You guys will continue to fall short on a base level.

I can assure you guys the x1x will be more popular then w.e xbox comes next and ps5 will actually be really appealing at lunch. At 500 dollars right now you guys should watch your mouths.

You guys are forgetting the ps4 was actually cheaper when we compared pixels etc. Enjoy the only piece of fight you guys will have left tho. Cuase yall not passing us in terms of games. Epecially games with offline depth.

You got it buddy, enjoy gaming at the "base" level

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@the-a-baum: That is a terrible list. For example, every game that we don't know for sure what the native output is, the Xbox One X is listed as "2160p" while the PS4 Pro says "unclear" or "may be checkerboarded" They are both "unclear" or "may be checkerboarded" until there is confirmation otherwise. That list is intentionally misleading. Here is an actual list of patch and performance detail confirmations from NeoGaf.

Upcoming Games:

• Anthem - 4K CBR/30FPS
  • Ashen
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins - Dynamic 4K/30FPS
  • Black Desert
  • Chess Ultra
  • Code Vein
  • Conan Exiles - 4K, Supporting Xbox One X "at a later date"
  • Crackdown 3 - 4K/30FPS
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • Destiny 2
  • Dragon Ball Fighter Z
  • F1 2017 - 4K, 60FPS, HDR Support, "other graphical improvements"
  • Far Cry 5
  • Farming Simulator 18
  • Fortnite
  • Forza Motorsport 7- Native 4K/60FPS, HDR
  • Hello Neighbor
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  • Madden NFL 18 - 4K
  • Metro Exodus
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War - Native 4K/30 FPS, HDR
  • Need for Speed Payback
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 4K
  • Path of Exile - 4K, 60FPS
  • Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
  • Project Cars 2 - 4K/60FPS
  • Raiders of the Broken Planet - Improved visuals, 4K, HDR
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • State of Decay 2 - 4K, HDR
  • Super Lucky's Tale - 4K/60FPS
  • The Artful Escape
  • The Last Night
  • Wolfenstein: The New Colossus - 4K, HDR

Already released games getting patches:
    • Ark: Survival Evolved - 1080p/60FPS
    • Astroneer
    • Battlefield 1
    • Dead Rising 4
    • Dishonored 2
    • DOOM
    • Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
    • Elder Scrolls Online - 4K/30FPS
    • Elite Dangerous - 4K patch coming at launch
    • Everspace
    • Fallout 4
    • Farming Simulator 17
    • Final Fantasy 15
    • For Honor
    • Forza Horizon 3
    • Gears of War 4 - 4K/30FPS for Campaign/Horde and 4K/60FPS for Versus, HDR Support - 1080p owners get higher resolution textures, the fully dynamic shadows, improved reflections
    • Halo 5 - "True 4K"
    • Halo Wars 2
    • Hitman
    • Homefront: The Revolution
    • Injustice 2
    • Killer Instinct
    • Mantis Burn Racing
    • Minecraft
    • Outlast 2
    • Paladins: Champions of the Realm - Native 4K/60FPS
    • Portal Knights
    • Pure Chess
    • Resident Evil 7
    • RiME
    • Rocket League
    • Skyrim SE
    • Slime Rancher
    • SMITE - Native 4K/60FPS
    • SUPERHOT
    • Tekken 7
    • The Surge
    • Titanfall 2
    • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
    • Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
    • We Happy Few
    • Witcher 3
    • World of Tanks - Native 4K, "extra bells and whistles"
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By 04dcarraher

@kvally:

really? have you developed games to prove them correct? All you really need to understand is the hardware to gauge the hardware's raw potential.

Who cares if one dev says its 50% faster than PS4 pro and MS states its 40% faster. The bulk of the consoles performance is its gpu and that's roughly 43% higher than Pro's gpu.

Fact is the console is not a true 4k ready console, having to compromise aspects of the games to reach the 4k target. ie dynamic scaling upscaling etc

The ratio of performance between the Pro and X1X is in the same ballpark as X1 vs PS4. Rendering games at 30 fps at 4k is easier than rendering 4k at 60 fps, which would require alot more sacrifices in quality. Again rendering something at 1440p to 4k without any compromises needs more than 50% increase in power.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 kvally

@04dcarraher: so i take it your answer is no? And i take it you agree that the GPU is 43% faster, has 60% more memory and a more powerful CPU?

Not sure how you can disagree with math but i wouldnt put it past many here.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#147  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@04dcarraher:

For Microsoft's PiX profiling every 1080p XO port ran at 4K on X1X at a higher framerate than the original.

Also, "an interesting metric shared by Microsoft is that an unnamed first-party title running at 1080p sees the number of pixels processed increased by a factor of 3.5x in the leap to 4K, not the 4x we would assume."

PS4 Pro doesn't have the proportionate increase in memory bandwidth and VRAM that the X1X has. X1X is designed to take on PC's 'VHQ/'Ultra' textures with it's 50% increase in mem bandwidth and 63% increase in VRAM over the Pro.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

At the end the of the day what is hurting the cows is the fact that the xbox one x will get higher re games,looking and running better on xbox one x than on ps4pro regardless of 4K or not.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56109 Posts

@primorandomguy: You act like I'm always coming to SW everyday, well not all the time. I guess I never bother to click on any PS4 Pro to discuss it or call out any Sony fans for that matter and so with that, stop crying about it.

Xbox One X is impressive upgrade console but far from a true 4K machine, a 4K machine that MS needs to stop gloating over.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 04dcarraher

@kvally said:

@04dcarraher: so i take it your answer is no? And i take it you agree that the GPU is 43% faster, has 60% more memory and a more powerful CPU?

Not sure how you can disagree with math but i wouldnt put it past many here.

What im arguing about is the fact that you thinking a possible 50% increase in performance will allow a massive gains in performance when rendering 2x the amount pixels. You can not ignore the fact that rendering at true 4k will come at a cost in quality and or performance vs rendering at a lower resolution.