Do you consider Halo 5 a top tier exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@mems_1224 said:

@quadknight: why would you be laughing? Uncharted is by far the most hyped game this generation on the most popular platform. It's expected to outsell Halo 5

It has to outsell Halo 5 by a factor of two to actually outsell Halo 5, the install base is twice as large.

To beat Halo 5's attach rate the game would have to sell 8-10 million.

Uncharted 4 is definitely going to sell over 8 million unless it really disappoints people which won't happen.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@dynamitecop: yeah....brain fart.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@quadknight: except plenty of people are still playing so obviously people cared. Critical acclaim is meaningless. It's no secret that journalists are going to generally give single player focused games a higher score and halo 5s campaign was definitely bad compared to the others.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Mr_Huggles_dog

@mems_1224:

While the game might be some fun online....theres not much to choose from.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mems_1224

@mr_huggles_dog: k

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@mems_1224 said:

@quadknight: why would you be laughing? Uncharted is by far the most hyped game this generation on the most popular platform. It's expected to outsell Halo 5

It has to outsell Halo 5 by a factor of two to actually outsell Halo 5, the install base is twice as large.

Uncharted 4 is definitely going to sell over 8 million unless it really disappoints people which won't happen.

No Uncharted game has sold 8 million, let alone over.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Mr_Huggles_dog

@mems_1224: is that "k" bc you already knew that or now you know?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dynamitecop

@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's clearly a "you have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not going to dignify what you said with an actual response".

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mems_1224

@mr_huggles_dog: means I don't really give a shit about anything you have to say about anything ever.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

It's the best Halo's multiplayer has been since Halo 2, but it's just long in the tooth. I personally really like it (though I wish the maps were better), the content is there now, the game is arguably the best its been mechanically, 60 frames is so long over due, and that "perfect" call doesn't really get old.

Warzone is entirely compromised though as a mode. It's fun still, but in a dumb sort of way.

Would I call it a top tier game? No, but that's because Champ has actual standards. Mostly because I would argue Rainbow Six: Siege is the best FPS of this generation.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By super600  Moderator

@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@mems_1224 said:

Uncharted series(1-3) LTD stands at over 21 million according to this.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/04/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-is-coming-to-ps4-this-october/

One of the games must have gotten close to 10 million or broke it if the LTD of the series is over 21 million because I don't think Uncharted Drake's Fortune sold as well as the other two because it was not as critical acclaim as those ones and it was a new IP on a console that was not selling that amazing in 2007.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

If you say no, you really can't consider anything on ps4 top tier

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@mems_1224 said:

Are you going on record to say the Uncharted 4 won't sell up to 8 million? Please say yes, I want to bookmark and laugh at you when it does.

You always make these wild predictions and own yourself in threads like this.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp: war zone is fun because it's just pure chaos. What bummed me out was the firefight mode. The beta they ran wasn't all that good. Matches were like 10 minutes and way too easy and the last round was just 3 warden eternals because that was so fun in the campaign

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By QuadKnight

@mems_1224 said:

@quadknight: except plenty of people are still playing so obviously people cared. Critical acclaim is meaningless. It's no secret that journalists are going to generally give single player focused games a higher score and halo 5s campaign was definitely bad compared to the others.

Define "plenty of people". What's the number of players online usually compared to other big shooters and what's are they like compared to previous Halo games made by Bungie?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@dynamitecop said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's clearly a "you have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not going to dignify what you said with an actual response".

Awww, That's not fair.

You never sound like you have a clue whats going on and ppl at least humor you....mostly with insulting responses though.

Are you saying there's a lot of competitive FPS on X1?

Really....mems is an admitted troll and you dive deeper into lem butt than anyone on this forum. What makes what I have to say so ridiculous?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By dynamitecop

@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/04/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-is-coming-to-ps4-this-october/

One of the games must have gotten close to 10 million or broke it if the LTD of the series is over 21 million because I don't think Uncharted Drake's Fortune sold as well as the other 2.

There's 4 games, they've all likely sold around 5-7 million and Golden Abyss filled in the remainder.

@quadknight said:

Are you goign on record to say the Uncharted 4 won't sell up to 8 million? Please say yes, I want to bookmark and laugh at you when it does.

It's not a prediction, no Uncharted game has moved that many units, there's no reason to this this will break the trend.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#68 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Of course, the SP was fun and the MP is great with continued support from 343.

loving the people saying no and saying it doesn't have the sales. What PS4 exclusive sold more?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mems_1224

@cainetao11: bet they have no problem saying ratchet is still a top tier franchise lol

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@mems_1224: You used to....did you stop being able to take it and just want to dish it?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mems_1224

@mr_huggles_dog: wtf are you even talking about dude? This thread is about halo, not your creepy obsession with me.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 QuadKnight

@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:

One of the games must have gotten close to 10 million or broke it if the LTD of the series is over 21 million because I don't think Uncharted Drake's Fortune sold as well as the other 2.

There's 4 games, they've all likely sold around 5-7 million and Golden Abyss filled in the remainder.

That number doesn't include Golden Abyss. It even says so in the link...

Since the launch of the PS4, we’ve seen plenty of requests across our Twitter, Facebook, and message boards all over the internet for the first three games in the Uncharted series, which have managed to sell an amazing 21+ million copies and garner an average 92 Metacritic rating, to receive a remastered release.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mr_Huggles_dog

@mems_1224: but i was talking about Halo....you made it about me.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dynamitecop

@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Since the launch of the PS4, we’ve seen plenty of requests across our Twitter, Facebook, and message boards all over the internet for the first three games in the Uncharted series, which have managed to sell an amazing 21+ million copies and garner an average 92 Metacritic rating, to receive a remastered release.

Yeah, I'm going with that was omitted information, not removed figures from the total, how much has Golden Abyss sold? Over a million? I don't see them not including that in their figures.

Also you would think with Sony be so transparent and all that Uncharted sales data would be readily available...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 QuadKnight

@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:

@quadknight said:

Are you goign on record to say the Uncharted 4 won't sell up to 8 million? Please say yes, I want to bookmark and laugh at you when it does.

It's not a prediction, no Uncharted game has moved that many units, there's no reason to this this will break the trend.

I assume that's a yes then. Wow, the next few months are going to be exciting *bookmarked*

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cainetao11

@quadknight said:
@mems_1224 said:

Define "plenty of people". What's the number of players online usually compared to other big shooters and what's are they like compared to previous Halo games made by Bungie?

Who are these other big shooters and how many platforms/install base are we talking about? And why keep comparing it to itself? What are the numbers for its direct, exclusive FPS competition: KZSF? Bottom line is aside from Splatoon there is no exclusive shooter competition for the game. It was in the top 10 sold of 2015 as well.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 QuadKnight

@dynamitecop said:
@quadknight said:
@dynamitecop said:
@super600 said:
@dynamitecop said:

Yeah, I'm going with that was omitted information, not removed figures from the total, how much has Golden Abyss sold? Over a million? I don't see them not including that in their figures.

Who cares? You said the number included 4 games and you were wrong so unless you got some proof it does you're talking shit as usual.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp: war zone is fun because it's just pure chaos. What bummed me out was the firefight mode. The beta they ran wasn't all that good. Matches were like 10 minutes and way too easy and the last round was just 3 warden eternals because that was so fun in the campaign

Yeah when it's entirely in your favor or there is a good back n forth, it's lovely, but on average it's a string of matches that can be compromised by the nature of how req packs work in that game, plus it wasn't like you could just go on a string of Warzone matches, given how quickly you run out of cards. Luckily BTB is a thing nowadays.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By super600  Moderator

@quadknight said:
@mems_1224 said:

Whenever I check the top ten list I have seen it anywhere from 8 to 11th place on the list. I have seen it ranked as low as 4th on the list before. I have mostly seen it in the top 10 in the last month or so. Battlefront never really gets into the top ten anymore because it's population has been shrunk by a lot on the xbox one in the last few months and Rainbow Six Siege does not get into the top ten anymore either. The only big shooters above it now are destiny, cod and the division(if you want to include it). Despite not having a larger population than those games usually based off of info from 343i we know the game has had a really consistent online player base since November.The game's population has not really dropped much since November even though it spikes sometimes.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@dynamitecop: didn't you make a thread about how well Halo 5 sold in the first month which factored In sales the game being given as a bundle?

Now now Nyadc....don't cry about ambiguous sales info.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 QuadKnight

@super600 said:
@quadknight said:
@mems_1224 said:

Whenever I check the top ten list(can't find it anymore on the xbox one) I have seen it anywhere from 8 to 11th place on the list and as low as 4th at times. I have mostly seen it in the top 10 in the last month or so. Battlefront never really gets into the top ten anymore because it's population has been reduced by like half on the xbox one in the last few months and Rainbow Six Siege does not get into the top ten anymore either. The only big shooters above it now are destiny, cod and the division(if you want to include it). Despite not having a larger population than those games usually based off of info from 343i we know the game has had a really consistent online player base since November.The game's population has not really dropped much since November even though it spikes sometimes.

Thanks for the insight. Sounds like a game that the fans love but it's not setting the Xbox world on fire like previous Halo games. Exactly what I thought.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:
@mems_1224 said:

Who are these other big shooters and how many platforms/install base are we talking about? And why keep comparing it to itself? What are the numbers for its direct, exclusive FPS competition: KZSF? Bottom line is aside from Splatoon there is no exclusive shooter competition for the game. It was in the top 10 sold of 2015 as well.

I'm comparing it to what a top-tier exclusive is supposed to be. A top-tier exclusive either has the sales and popularity or it has the critical acclaim. Halo 5 has neither.

Bloodborne has the critical acclaim and Splatoon has both critical acclaim and sales. You can't claim to be a top-tier exclusive and have neither.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 cainetao11

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:
@mems_1224 said:

I'm comparing it to what a top-tier exclusive is supposed to be. A top-tier exclusive either has the sales and popularity or it has the critical acclaim. Halo 5 has neither.

Bloodborne has the critical acclaim and Splatoon has both critical acclaim and sales. You can't claim to be a top-tier exclusive and have neither.

So finishing in the top 10 games sold in 2015 means it doesn't have the sales?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Bloodborne is top tier. Halo 5 is not. With every year, less and less people are interested in the series. Halo is becoming "niche", lems. Nothing can change that.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mems_1224

@silversix_: bloodborne looks and runs worse than halo though.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

So finishing in the top 10 games sold in 2015 means it doesn't have the sales?

It didn't though lol.

These are the top 10 selling US games in 2015....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-ten-best-selling-us-games-of-2015-and-december/1100-6433845/

Best-Selling Physical Games in US for All of 2015:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  2. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  3. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  4. Star Wars: Battlefront (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  6. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  7. Minecraft (360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
  8. Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
  9. FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight: I am aware of the US list. Let me find the list I was sent which wasn't localized. It had Halo 5 at 10 or maybe it was 11 or 12. I know I could be wrong. But the game sold copies. Are we going to bring up its past and use it against it? Most will. But it topped millions sold. Its straight hate to believe it didn't.

I had done a search on MS' claim of having every best selling console game of 2015, because I was shocked to see Halo 5 there and I had read the NPD article here at GS when it hit. Their source was something about not including 360, PS3 sales. Only current gen or something. I'm buzzed and cant find it again. But Minecraft and Advanced Warfare weren't on there. Arkham and Halo 5 were.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

How did this turn from a question about opinion to a sales discussion and ppl acting like they're insight super heroes.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cainetao11

@spicymeatball27 said:

Yes it is when ti comes to shooters. Everything else out there is complete trash. COD is the same garbage since 2009. its only gotten worse especially the single players which are flat out stupid and u can easily tell theyre out of ideas and lazyness. Not to mention the highly expensive map packs and its just a shit game for casuals who buy those games and thats it lol.

Destiny got bad reviews after all the hype and first impressions matter and bungie sucks ass now. Biggest pile of puke out there next to COD and Killzone shadowballs which no one plays and most sold game at Gamestop ahahaha. Battlefield is also complete trash. The campaign is by far WORSE then COD & even Destiny with all the hillbilly jim white redneck screaming at your ear & BF Hardline hurt the series BAD!! EA servers also suck ass lol.

Halo 5 was the biggest selling exclusvie for 2015 easily compared to PS4 that year. Sony doesnt have any shooters besides dumb ass Borezone Shadownuts & some other mickey mouse turds like MAG/ Socom 4/ Resistance etc etc from a billion years ago lol.

lol the bold.

I liked Resistance dude and PS3 KZ games were great. But I agree it is a top tier exclusive especially when the competition has nothing in the space

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By QuadKnight

@cainetao11: I'm not doubting you or anything I just need more proof than "it sold millions". Infamous Second Son and Driveclub sold millions too but I wouldn't call them top-tier exclusives either, just saying.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 cainetao11

@quadknight said:

@cainetao11: I'm not doubting you or anything I just need more proof than "it sold millions". Infamous Second Son and Driveclub sold millions too but I wouldn't call them top-tier exclusives either, just saying.

No I hear ya dude. I didn't do this search on what MS said last night. It was like when they started this spiel about having the top ten selling console games of 2015. Like I said when I saw Halo 5 on the list I was like "nah". In straight up sales numbers with no qualifiers it wasn't, period. But to say it doesn't have popularity when it still is talked about, it still is supported and being played is a bit much.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By QuadKnight

@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

No I hear ya dude. I didn't do this search on what MS said last night. It was like when they started this spiel about having the top ten selling console games of 2015. Like I said when I saw Halo 5 on the list I was like "nah". In straight up sales numbers with no qualifiers it wasn't, period. But to say it doesn't have popularity when it still is talked about, it still is supported and being played is a bit much.

Yea, you're right perhaps I was a bit extreme.

It still is popular I guess just not as popular as I'd expect a top-tier exclusive to be. It's still a good game though and the fans enjoy it, and that's all that really matters.

Whether it's a top-tier exclsuive means nothing. R&C is one of my favorite games this gen and I don't consider it a top-tier exclusive in that sense.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

Halo 5 multiplayer is Godly

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Yes, had been better with splitscreen-coop tho

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I really like the game, but Halo just doesn't have as much lasting appeal like it used to (for me). I'm still very glad I own it along with the MCC. Halo has basically cemented itself as my favorite franchise over the years, and I like returning to them from time-to-time.

If you're a multiplayer gamer and you're not fatigued on the franchise like myself, I think Halo 5 has a lot to offer. It plays great and has an unrivaled amount of dev support. I was worried after Halo 4, but 343 did a good job with this one.

I'll continue to buy and enjoy Halo games, but I'll probably never consider a future release to be top-tier again. So few games are.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

@sholoza said:

It's surely far better than any PS4 exclusive.

Fixed.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#98 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4587 Posts

I can't think of a better shooter on consoles, so yes.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

lolno. 343 has yet to make a good Halo game.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mems_1224

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

lolno. 343 has yet to make a good Halo game.

currently has more viewers on twitch than any ps4 exclusive.