DMC demo went up today.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Great demo! Was pretty fun. Didn't notice framerate dips during combat and it looked pretty stellar, will wait on PC version.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Gonna try out for sure.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I'll download it later sometime today or tomorrow. Not expecting much though.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

Played it. Some of the movement, jumping in particular, seems a bit stiff. I'm not a fan of the oh-so-edgy death metal style, either. Game didn't really tickle my fancy, so I'll give the full game a pass.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts
Played it. Some of the movement, jumping in particular, seems a bit stiff. I'm not a fan of the oh-so-gritty death metal style, either. Game didn't really tickle my fancy, so I'll give the full game a pass.1PMrFister
DMC was always death metal.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1PMrFister
[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]Played it. Some of the movement, jumping in particular, seems a bit stiff. I'm not a fan of the oh-so-gritty death metal style, either. Game didn't really tickle my fancy, so I'll give the full game a pass.dreman999

I've never played a DMC game before this, and even if I did, it still doesn't change the fact that what I witnessed in the demo did nothing for me. I'll be sticking to Bayonetta 2 whenever that gets released.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts
[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"]Played it. Some of the movement, jumping in particular, seems a bit stiff. I'm not a fan of the oh-so-gritty death metal style, either. Game didn't really tickle my fancy, so I'll give the full game a pass.1PMrFister

I've never played a DMC game before this, and even if I did, it still doesn't change the fact that what I witnessed in the demo did nothing for me. I'll be sticking to Bayonetta 2 whenever that gets released.

Well anything you compare to Bayonetta will of course be sluggish.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1PMrFister
[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"][QUOTE="dreman999"] DMC was always death metal.

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18253 Posts

Gonna try it later this week...but i'm not going to lie, i'm extremely biased towards this game and in a very bad way.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GD1551

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.1PMrFister

It absolutely did not......

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I'll play it so I have some more basis to go off of when I bash it

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

I'll get to it eventually, since I'm curious. I'm expecting awfulness though, after Enslaved.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.GD1551

Hmmm...maybe not, but it was on par with DMC3 arguably the best action game last gen.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.GD1551

I second that!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gue1

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.madsnakehhh

Hmmm...maybe not, but it was on par with DMC3 arguably the best action game last gen.

best action game of last gen was God of War.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.madsnakehhh

The best action game last gen with ninja gaiden, if you wanted style oriented combat DMC3 would be it. Even beyond that, DMC4 still trumps bayonetta in that regard.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

I cant wait to try it out,big fan of all the DMC games.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Pretty consistently crap frame rate while playing. Everything feels very choppy and slow. The evade buttons are pointless, we don't need two that do the same thing when we COULD have just had a lock on button, which I miss a lot. I dislike how they have the weapon changing, but it does make me believe you'll have a lot of potential weapons at any given time.

The hitbox for jump canceling is laughably large. JCing with the scythe makes you sort of home in on the opponent. Devil trigger is still a horrible idea.

It's also pretty damn easy, but this is just the demo.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 madsnakehhh

best action game of last gen was God of War.

Gue1

rarity

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]Played it. Some of the movement, jumping in particular, seems a bit stiff. I'm not a fan of the oh-so-gritty death metal style, either. Game didn't really tickle my fancy, so I'll give the full game a pass.dreman999

Satsugai Satsugai!!!!
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

The best action game last gen with ninja gaiden, if you wanted style oriented combat DMC3 would be it. Even beyond that, DMC4 still trumps bayonetta in that regard.

Ninja Gaiden Black was superb...that's why i said arguably, IMO DMC3 is better but just slightly and yeah DMC4 is terrific as well, specially Dante's but Nero also had a very unique gameplay with the Devil Bringer...still i say Bayonetta is on par.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GD1551

Ninja Gaiden Black was superb...that's why i said arguably, IMO DMC3 is better but just slightly and yeah DMC4 is terrific as well, specially Dante's but Nero also had a very unique gameplay with the Devil Bringer...still i say Bayonetta is on par.

madsnakehhh

Well in the sense of an overall package bayo is better than DMC4 so meh. Btw madoka is awesome.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
I finally get the chance to tear the sh!t pile apart. I am pleased.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"] I've never played a DMC game before this, and even if I did, it still doesn't change the fact that what I witnessed in the demo did nothing for me. I'll be sticking to Bayonetta 2 whenever that gets released.1PMrFister

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.

Arkham City has the most fluid combat system bar none. It took Bayonetta and ripped it a new one.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

GD1551

Well in the sense of an overall package bayo is better than DMC4 so meh. Btw madoka is awesome.

DMC4 biggest mistake was to be repetitive and with little to none level design...but the gameplay was freaking amazing.

Anyway, yep Madoka was pretty sick, probably the last Anime that truly shocked me in a good way.

princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts

I've always hated new Dante but the game was ok. I'd probably give the demo a 7 and will most likely rent the full game.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"][QUOTE="dreman999"] Well anything you compare to Bayonetta will of course be sluggish.Blazerdt47

Arkham City has the most fluid combat system bar none. It took Bayonetta and ripped it a new one.

It's fluid in motion because it plays itself.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Pretty consistently crap frame rate while playing. Everything feels very choppy and slow. The evade buttons are pointless, we don't need two that do the same thing when we COULD have just had a lock on button, which I miss a lot. I dislike how they have the weapon changing, but it does make me believe you'll have a lot of potential weapons at any given time.

The hitbox for jump canceling is laughably large. JCing with the scythe makes you sort of home in on the opponent. Devil trigger is still a horrible idea.

It's also pretty damn easy, but this is just the demo.

Slashkice

Did you try Son of Sparda mode? I watched a guy do a no-damage run of the bossfight earlier and it looked like a complete cakewalk. =|

It's a really easy difficulty. In the non boss mode there are a few enemies that require you to use specific weapons, which I didn't like. At all. His slow weapon is ass.

The boss can't do anything to you if you jump and just jumpcancel over and over. It's not a good way to do damage, but she can't hit you in the air except for one of her swipe attacks. Which you can react to very easily.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I finally get the chance to tear the sh!t pile apart. I am pleased.Zeviander
Yep, the sole reason I wanna try it.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gue1

you win by spamming any button. You can do frame-cancel with your feet because of the insanely wide timing.This game will sure score a 10/10 on Gamespot since they now love easy and casual games. NT ruined DMC forever.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

you win by spamming any button. You can do frame-cancel with your feet because of the insanely wide timing.This game will sure score a 10/10 on Gamespot since they now love easy and casual games. NT ruined DMC forever.

Gue1
Why is it NTs fault?
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Why is it NTs fault?Animal-Mother
They don't want to admit they are mediocre developers who can't turn out something of tangible quality. They certainly have passion though. Capcom could have chosen any developer they wanted to do the reboot. But they chose one that hasn't turned out anything that could even compete with DMC2. Maybe this is some elaborate plan for Capcom to swoop in after the commercial failure and fan criticism and bring in Hideki Kamiya to do a proper reboot?
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Animal-Mother

Why is it NTs fault?

They're making the game.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]Why is it NTs fault?Zeviander
They don't want to admit they are mediocre developers who can't turn out something of tangible quality. They certainly have passion though. Capcom could have chosen any developer they wanted to do the reboot. But they chose one that hasn't turned out anything that could even compete with DMC2. Maybe this is some elaborate plan for Capcom to swoop in after the commercial failure and fan criticism and bring in Hideki Kamiya to do a proper reboot?

This felt better then dmc 2 thats for hella sure. God that game.....that game. Also whats tangible quality to you? I found HS and enslaved very enjoyable games.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Funnily enough it never had any actual death metal to begin with.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"]Played it. Some of the movement, jumping in particular, seems a bit stiff. I'm not a fan of the oh-so-gritty death metal style, either. Game didn't really tickle my fancy, so I'll give the full game a pass.Epak_

Funnily enough it never had any actual death metal to begin with.

LOL so true, if anything they go for Nu Metal.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Gue1"] They've made two great games this gen. Both 8.0's with the title great under them. Obviously they're doing something right

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

Thefatness16

Why is it NTs fault?

They're making the game.

But people wanna lay into ninja theory. What about the catalyst? Capcom? Ninja Theory didn't go to them.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Animal-Mother

Actually they produced 2 games better than DMC 2 according to gamespot. So. There goes your argument Based on subjective feelings, you're fine by that. But if you wanna look at stone hard facts. 2 8.0's It says "great" underneath the score. And I can safely assume you're not an industry professional.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#42 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I'll play it so I have some more basis to go off of when I bash it

BPoole96

This.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

I tried it. It's okay I guess. Bayonetta raised the bar for this genre so it will be interesting to see how the finish product turns out.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gue1

After playing it for a while what is the point of jump cancel when you can just keep spamming normal attacks with L2+Square and have the same effect while being way easier? And to make things worse what with all the button combinations?

L2+Square = to get up close

R2+Square = to pull stuff to you

L2+Jump = air dash

L2+Triangle = normal angel attack

L2+O = heavy angel attack

R2+Triangle = normal demon attack

R2+O= heavy demon attack

Man what a fkng mess... This battle system is meant to button mash because no matter what button you press or whatever you do the combos just keep going and going. And not to mention that the enemies hardly even present a challenge on the hardest difficulty. They don't even move! And what about the boss battle? All I did was spamming normal attacks and then do a roll to an edge when the boss was about to attack. I beat it without losing half my life on the highest difficulty!

And LoL at people saying that the frame-rate is good. The game has tons of screen tear and the screen looks like it's gonna fall apart when it goes from cinematic to gameplay ala Mass Effect on PS3. And because of the slow frame-rate Dante feels heavy like in Killzone 2.

NT murdered DMC.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Animal-Mother

After playing it for a while what is the point of jump cancel when you can just keep spamming normal attacks with L2+Square and have the same effect while being way easier? And to make things worse what with all the button combinations?

L2+Jump = air dash

L2+Triangle = attack with angel weapon

L2+O = attack with demon weapon

Man what a fkng mess... This battle system is meant to button mash because no matter what button you press or whatever you do the combos just keep going and going. And not to mention that the enemies hardly even present a challenge on the hardest difficulty. They don't even move! And what about the boss battle? All I did was spamming normal attacks and then do a roll to an edge when the boss was about to attack. I beat it without losing half my life on the highest difficulty!

And LoL at people saying that the frame-rate is good. The game has tons of screen tear and the screen looks like it's gonna fall apart when it goes from cinematic to gameplay ala Mass Effect on PS3. And because of the slow frame-rate Dante feels heavy like in Killzone 2.

NT murdered DMC.

Gue1
While I hated all those damn button combinations I didn't find Dante to be heavy and I did not really have a graphical issue with the 360 version.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#46 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Wha? I thought Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were both beautiful games, and I'm not just talking graphics. But I agree they're the wrong choice for a Devil May Cry game, and I hate the direction they're taking it.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]Why is it NTs fault?Master_ShakeXXX

Wha? I thought Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were both beautiful games, and I'm not just talking graphics. But I agree they're the wrong choice for a Devil May Cry game, and I hate the direction they're taking it.

I'm not a fan of how they incorporated the heavenly sword style into the games. The light and heavy attacks. It makes the game kinda a pain in the but. I do however like all the color and flash the game has. It's kind of neat but it doesn't excuse it's semi decent gameplay.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
downloading now.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

L2+Jump = air dash

L2+Triangle = normal angel attack

L2+O = heavy angel attack

R2+Triangle = normal demon attack

R2+O= heavy demon attack

NT murdered DMC.

Gue1

only thing that felt kinda werid was using the whip but after a bit I got use to it. Also I didint notice this fall apart thing you are talking about. also dante feeling heavy?

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

It's so hard to pick through the true criticisms and the fanboyish hatred. I'm going to have to download this myself I suppose.