DMC demo went up today.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
[QUOTE="1PMrFister"][QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"] I've never played a DMC game before this, and even if I did, it still doesn't change the fact that what I witnessed in the demo did nothing for me. I'll be sticking to Bayonetta 2 whenever that gets released.

Well anything you compare to Bayonetta will of course be sluggish.

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.

i guess im the only one that can't get a handle on bayonetta
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"] I've never played a DMC game before this, and even if I did, it still doesn't change the fact that what I witnessed in the demo did nothing for me. I'll be sticking to Bayonetta 2 whenever that gets released.1PMrFister
Well anything you compare to Bayonetta will of course be sluggish.

Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.

*Cough* Shinobi *cough*

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

why they couldn't make the the dash jump by simply keep the jump button pressed down and double jump by tapping? There are so many ways to simplify this mess but NT went and gave every action its own button and the worst combinations of buttons ever. Even the launcher has its own button now ala MvC3!

Why do I have to keep holding down the trigger buttons for the demon and angel weapons instead of just tapping it once? Who the hell plays any game with 2 fingers on top? This makes it almost impossible to do an evade maneuverr while having an angel or demon weapon equiped.

And why, and I really want to know why the game has 2 different buttons for evade maneuver?

Seriously, did the Dualshock didn't have enough buttons for NT? This game has more button combinations than any fighting game or FPS that I have ever played. :o

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18811 Posts
[QUOTE="Gue1"]

why they couldn't make the the dash jump by simply keep the jump button pressed down and double jump by tapping? There are so many ways to simplify this mess but NT went and gave every action its own button and the worst combinations of buttons ever. Even the launcher has its own button now ala MvC3!

Why do I have to keep holding down the trigger buttons for the demon and angel weapons instead of just tapping it once? Who the hell plays any game with 2 fingers on top? This makes it almost impossible to do an evade maneuverr while having an angel or demon weapon equiped.

And why, and I really want to know why the game has 2 different buttons for evade maneuver?

Seriously, did the Dualshock didn't have enough buttons for NT? This game has more button combinations than any fighting game or FPS that I have ever played. :o

It probably was design around the 360.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

It absolutely did not......

GD1551

Hmmm...maybe not, but it was on par with DMC3 arguably the best action game last gen.

The best action game last gen with ninja gaiden, if you wanted style oriented combat DMC3 would be it. Even beyond that, DMC4 still trumps bayonetta in that regard.

You road a motorcycle up a rocket while it was shooting out into space in Bayonetta. Bayonetta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC 3 and 4.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 dreman999

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"][QUOTE="dreman999"] Well anything you compare to Bayonetta will of course be sluggish.Gxgear

*Cough* Shinobi *cough*

In what way?
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Played it, liked it :D. Artstyle and visuals are both fantastic imo. Combat has a lot of potential (hard to judge by a short tutorial level and part of a boss fight). Most moves are available in a single (double) button press (L2/R2 + face button to get additional moves). You can manipulate your enemies in typical ways by launching, pulling them towards you, pulling yourself towards them, juggle them and so on. All moves feel great imo. This is clearly way above the combat Ninja Theory has made before.

The thing I didn't like was that there were too many cutscenes disrupting the flow. Take for example when you enter the church via a cutscene. You run forward litereay two meters and another cutscene starts. You make a handful of jumps and then another cutscene. This is true for all the platforming sequences in the demo. I want to be in the action rather than watching it. If I'm going to jump through a window I want to be in control while it happens, not watch it from an outside camera. I wonder if this type of modern design is a result of the limited RAM. That they have to use frequent cut-scenes to hide the loading times.

Sushiglutton
Sounds like Max Payne 3 all over again, I think I'm going to pass on this one.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 dreman999

Just beat it.

My god, the controls are so unintuitive its ridiculous. Having to constantly hold down LT and RT to attack is so clunky and annoying. However I did like the platforming though, much better than DMC4.

Stringerboy
That's the same controls for Heavenly sword.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Gue1

It's bad, but not for the reasons you're saying.

You're being really stupid about this. The air dash being HOLD DOWN X would mean you can't do it whenever you want. Which would be silly. There would have to be a delay for it, and the double jump would have to be read on the negative edge of the button. No reason for that.

Holding down the buttons is how you switch between equipped weapons. Pressing Left or Right on the D-pad will change the weapons you have equipped. Up for the guns. You can potentially have a ton of weapons at one time. And since you can only use one of the angel/demon weapons at a time, use the other finger for the dodge.

It doesn't actually have that many button combinations, you're just full of ****.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

Hmmm...maybe not, but it was on par with DMC3 arguably the best action game last gen.

dreman999

The best action game last gen with ninja gaiden, if you wanted style oriented combat DMC3 would be it. Even beyond that, DMC4 still trumps bayonetta in that regard.

You road a motorcycle up a rocket while it was shooting out into space in Bayonetta. Bayonetta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC 3 and 4.

So being more cheesy than DMC 3 and 4 suddenly makes it have better style oriented combat?

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I think it was prettty good. Can't believe they put in such an easy boss. You basically only had to jump to evade her attacks. Even for a first boss that's lousy in my opinion.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9883 Posts
I think it was prettty good. Can't believe they put in such an easy boss. You basically only had to jump to evade her attacks. Even for a first boss that's lousy in my opinion.LustForSoul
Another thing: It was really, really similar to the last part of Hades in GOW3. Big boss in the center. You can move around the boss by grappling. In the end you pull something off the boss.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]I think it was prettty good. Can't believe they put in such an easy boss. You basically only had to jump to evade her attacks. Even for a first boss that's lousy in my opinion.Sushiglutton
Another thing: It was really, really similar to the last part of Hades in GOW3. Big boss in the center. You can move around the boss by grappling. In the end you pull something off the boss.

There's a lot of bosses in this style (besides the grappling part). That thing only did a horizontal sweep. I was actually rolling around and stuff trying to anticipate whether it was vertically or horizonally. It's a real step down from DmC 4 in difficulty. Even though I was playing on Demon Hunter, DmC 4 was way harder than this on normal.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]That's not how you spell Ninja Gaiden Black.jg4xchamp

Pardon my need to correct you, but you seem to have misspelled Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. No worries, my dear chap, everyone makes spelling mistakes from time to time.

That game didn't have sh1t on NGB, custom combos or not.

^This. Let's not even pretend here. NGB is a better game than DMC3 from top to bottom.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
Best DMC Game IMO is DMC 1....even though it was short as fvck.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Pardon my need to correct you, but you seem to have misspelled Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. No worries, my dear chap, everyone makes spelling mistakes from time to time.

DarkLink77

^This. Let's not even pretend here. NGB is a better game than DMC3 from top to bottom.

NGB was badass even though it was hella hard...on the 1st level :?
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 OneSanitarium

DarkLink77

Well....it's harder. I'll give it that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#119 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="LustForSoul"]I think it was prettty good. Can't believe they put in such an easy boss. You basically only had to jump to evade her attacks. Even for a first boss that's lousy in my opinion.LustForSoul

There's a lot of bosses in this style (besides the grappling part). That thing only did a horizontal sweep. I was actually rolling around and stuff trying to anticipate whether it was vertically or horizonally. It's a real step down from DmC 4 in difficulty. Even though I was playing on Demon Hunter, DmC 4 was way harder than this on normal.

I disagree. I actually beat Berial first time when I played DMC4 on normal while I died in the Secret Ingrediant once on Hard. Yes, it wasnt a hard boss fight but usually the 1st boss fight is not that hard. I didnt consider the previous DMC bsides DMC3 much harder then this, honestly. But then again, I was somehow reckless in my DmC playthrough. I'll beat it again in Son of Sparda and judge it properly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

DarkLink77

No. As much as I love NG games (well, besides 3 offcourse), just... no

Harder =/= better

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#121 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

So being more cheesy than DMC 3 and 4 suddenly makes it have better style oriented combat?

The part where it's slicker, uses its duel weapon system better, better thought out level design, has a hit list of animation cancels, and the greatness that is dodge offset makes it a superior combat system than DMC 4. Hell even DMC3 in a lot of areas, the only kicker here is that DMC3 was the most custom combo friendly action game.

Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden take a little bit more work to do custom combo stuff, and even then they are still fantastic. As far as the DMC formula goes, Bayonetta is an excellent evolution of it, and a far more worthy follow up on a purely gameplay level than DMC 4 ever was(albeit sure DMC4 was a good game).

Edit: oh and DMC 3 and NG were more difficult games. Bayonetta's battle system is almost too broken for that kind of enemy styIe.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] That game didn't have sh1t on NGB, custom combos or not. Vatusus

Harder =/= better

It has nothing to do with being harder and everything to do with being better designed.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] That game didn't have sh1t on NGB, custom combos or not. Vatusus

Harder =/= better

It has nothing to do with difficulty, but lets just go over it all.

NG by comparison is the quicker game and by far feels more fluid. Making dante's movement in DMC3 feel sluggish. Boss battles these two games become a toss up, but NG has more. The battle system itself isn't about styIe or running up a leaderboard, as much as its about the enemies challenging the player. And while in DMC3 you NEED to be running up the score before the enemies get aggressive, in NG they don't f*ck around. They get right after you, and that makes them far more interesting to fight.

But the biggest kicker, and this is why NGB still remains an all time cIassic, even if Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2(and DMC 3 can match up) top it in combat, and some boss designs. It's the level design. Where Bayonetta, DMC1/3/4, NG2 all have these pocket areas that get closed off until you kill enemies, NG has more organic environments. Areas that allow you to double back and run away from encounters give yourself breathing room, and its balanced out great because the NG enemies are aggressive and will give chase. As a game it sells its environments a lot better, and its environments as a whole are more entertaining to fight in.

The only areas DMC 3 excels at are that custom combos are easier to pull off in DMC3(but this notion that there are no custom combos in NG is ridiculous), and that Dante is far more entertaining a character than ryu. But NGB was the better game. DMC3 is just godly in its own right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] ^This. Let's not even pretend here. NGB is a better game than DMC3 from top to bottom.DarkLink77

Harder =/= better

NG by comparison is the quicker game and by far feels more fluid. Making dante's movement in DMC3 feel sluggish. Boss battles these two games become a toss up, but NG has more. The battle system itself isn't about styIe or running up a leaderboard, as much as its about the enemies challenging the player. And while in DMC3 you NEED to be running up the score before the enemies get aggressive, in NG they don't f*ck around. They get right after you, and that makes them far more interesting to fight.

But the biggest kicker, and this is why NGB still remains an all time cIassic, even if Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2(and DMC 3 can match up) top it in combat, and some boss designs. It's the level design. Where Bayonetta, DMC1/3/4, NG2 all have these pocket areas that get closed off until you kill enemies, NG has more organic environments. Areas that allow you to double back and run away from encounters give yourself breathing room, and its balanced out great because the NG enemies are aggressive and will give chase. As a game it sells its environments a lot better, and its environments as a whole are more entertaining to fight in.

The only areas DMC 3 excels at are that custom combos are easier to pull off in DMC3(but this notion that there are no custom combos in NG is ridiculous), and that Dante is far more entertaining a character than ryu. But NGB was the better game. DMC3 is just godly in its own right.

I disagree with both of you but ok, I can respect your opinions. imo DMC3 is still the best Hack'n'Slash game around. I played all the games from all the main series and nothing even comes close to DMC3 (and DMC4 if we're talking only about Dante) combat. Bayonetta was close but it lacked something, not quite sure what. Ninja Gaiden is the fastest HnS around I give ya that but the cheapness and lack of style (style as in looking good) are huge turn offs for me. NG has more precise, tactical combat while DMC requires more expertise to get flowing and stylish combos. It says something when I get wowed by "Combo Mad" videos on yt about DMC 3/4 when NG videos do nothing for me. But its personal preference

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 jg4xchamp

but the cheapness

Vatusus

Fair enough on the other stuff, the lack of "styIe" based combat is a matter of preference, and I can understand the appeal of DMC3s custom combos.

But f*ck off Ninja Gaiden Black is not cheap. :P

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"] You road a motorcycle up a rocket while it was shooting out into space in Bayonetta. Bayonetta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC 3 and 4.jg4xchamp

The part where it's slicker, uses its duel weapon system better, better thought out level design, has a hit list of animation cancels, and the greatness that is dodge offset makes it a superior combat system than DMC 4. Hell even DMC3 in a lot of areas, the only kicker here is that DMC3 was the most custom combo friendly action game.

Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden take a little bit more work to do custom combo stuff, and even then they are still fantastic. As far as the DMC formula goes, Bayonetta is an excellent evolution of it, and a far more worthy follow up on a purely gameplay level than DMC 4 ever was(albeit sure DMC4 was a good game).

Edit: oh and DMC 3 and NG were more difficult games. Bayonetta's battle system is almost too broken for that kind of enemy styIe.

Imo alot of executional depth was taken out in bayonetta --> DMC because of the amount of air options in bayonetta. Jump cancelling isn't even necessary in bayo.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

Imo alot of executional depth was taken out in bayonetta --> DMC because of the amount of air options in bayonetta. Jump cancelling isn't even necessary in bayo.

I don't see how a battle system having too many options makes it worse. It's not like it's bloated or something. The issue is that they couldn't do what DMC does. It uses the same mentality for enemies, punching bags until you start running up the scoreboard and then they get aggressive to knock you off SS/platinum. Game needed more aggressive enemies besides the durgas, the dogs, and all that jazz. It was too DMC in that area, and not enough Bayonetta. The actual battle system is fantastic. The game was also, albeit a little too easy given the high bar set for difficulty in the genre.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 GD1551

I don't see how a battle system having too many options makes it worse. It's not like it's bloated or something. The issue is that they couldn't do what DMC does. It uses the same mentality for enemies, punching bags until you start running up the scoreboard and then they get aggressive to knock you off SS/platinum. Game needed more aggressive enemies besides the durgas, the dogs, and all that jazz. It was too DMC in that area, and not enough Bayonetta. The actual battle system is fantastic. The game was also, albeit a little too easy given the high bar set for difficulty in the genre. jg4xchamp

I meant that I felt alot of combos were simply too easy to do. Also I agree about the punching bag statement, that's why I prefer NG above all, NG has balances its gameplay between offense and defense.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

I don't see how a battle system having too many options makes it worse. It's not like it's bloated or something. The issue is that they couldn't do what DMC does. It uses the same mentality for enemies, punching bags until you start running up the scoreboard and then they get aggressive to knock you off SS/platinum. Game needed more aggressive enemies besides the durgas, the dogs, and all that jazz. It was too DMC in that area, and not enough Bayonetta. The actual battle system is fantastic. The game was also, albeit a little too easy given the high bar set for difficulty in the genre. GD1551

I meant that I felt alot of combos were simply too easy to do. Also I agree about the punching bag statement, that's why I prefer NG above all, NG has balances its gameplay between offense and defense.

Yeah, and its a far more visceral experience. When NG2 was clicking on all cylinders there isn't a game in the genre that could match that level of satisfaction you get from killing things. It's marvelous.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

DarkLink77

Except for the fact it leaves everything to be desired when it comes to presentation. Just couldn't get into it.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 OneSanitarium

Yeah, and its a far more visceral experience. When NG2 was clicking on all cylinders there isn't a game in the genre that could match that level of satisfaction you get from killing things. It's marvelous. jg4xchamp

NG2 was a terrible game.

Well, Sigma 2 was. Don't know what is terribly too different between them besides the staircase part being changed.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] That game didn't have sh1t on NGB, custom combos or not. NaveedLife

Except for the fact it leaves everything to be desired when it comes to presentation. Just couldn't get into it.

What do you mean?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] That game didn't have sh1t on NGB, custom combos or not. NaveedLife

There is nothing wrong with its presentation. The story sucks. Big whoop. The plot in DMC is horrible, and only enjoyable for how f*cking stupid(cheesy if you wanted to be politically correct about it) it is, and pretending God of War tells a good story is a concept gamers adopted. Anyone with f*cking taste knows that franchise has pumped out gutter trash on a routine basis.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Yeah, and its a far more visceral experience. When NG2 was clicking on all cylinders there isn't a game in the genre that could match that level of satisfaction you get from killing things. It's marvelous. OneSanitarium

NG2 was a terrible game.

Well, Sigma 2 was. Don't know what is terribly too different between them besides the staircase part being changed.

It's a poorly balanced game with terrible level design. On a pure combat standpoint and weapons standpoint? Please DMC and Bayonetta can't live up to that same feeling you get with killing a person in NG2. It's far more brutal and satisfying.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Yeah, and its a far more visceral experience. When NG2 was clicking on all cylinders there isn't a game in the genre that could match that level of satisfaction you get from killing things. It's marvelous. jg4xchamp

NG2 was a terrible game.

It's a poorly balanced game with terrible level design. On a pure combat standpoint and weapons standpoint? Please DMC and Bayonetta can't live up to that same feeling you get with killing a person in NG2. It's far more brutal and satisfying.

The enemies were easy non stop, and i'm pretty sure 90% of all encounters were some form of 2-3 normal ninja and 1 spider ninja.

The combat had no feeling of satisfaction, nor did it actually feel visceral (which isn't what makes a game good). It just felt bland and boring.

It had a nice selection of weapons, but it's not fun to fight any of the enemies. It's silly that you're trying to argue HEY MAN IT SURE FELT GOOD KILLING THEM ENEMIES IN THIS GAMES.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

NG2 was a terrible game.

OneSanitarium

The enemies were easy non stop, and i'm pretty sure 90% of all encounters were some form of 2-3 normal ninja and 1 spider ninja.

The combat had no feeling of satisfaction, nor did it actually feel visceral (which isn't what makes a game good). It just felt bland and boring.

It had a nice selection of weapons, but it's not fun to fight any of the enemies. It's silly that you're trying to argue HEY MAN IT SURE FELT GOOD KILLING THEM ENEMIES IN THIS GAMES.

You did not play Ninja Gaiden 2, or at the least Sigma 2 changes a whole lot of sh1t, or at the least you put way too much stock into how DMC/Bayonetta does business. Becauset the notion that NG's combat isn't satisfying is absurd. That's some straight up sh1tty opinion territory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] ^This. Let's not even pretend here. NGB is a better game than DMC3 from top to bottom.jg4xchamp

There is nothing wrong with its presentation. The story sucks. Big whoop. The plot in DMC is horrible, and only enjoyable for how f*cking stupid(cheesy if you wanted to be politically correct about it) it is, and pretending God of War tells a good story is a concept gamers adopted. Anyone with f*cking taste knows that franchise has pumped out gutter trash on a routine basis.

I though GoW 1 had a great story and was a great homage to ancient greek literature. Way better then 99% of trash stories you see in gaming anyway. But GoW2 and 3 kinda ruined what GoW1 managed to achieve story wise.

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

I'll play it so I have some more basis to go off of when I bash it

BPoole96
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] ^This. Let's not even pretend here. NGB is a better game than DMC3 from top to bottom.jg4xchamp

I just like A STORY. An adventure feel. It is why I like God of War and could not get into NGS. I have not played enough of DMC games (playes some 1, 2, and seen some of 3) to judge, but the presentation is far more enjoyable to me than NGS, though not as interesting and adventure like as GoW. GoW doesn't have a great story (after 2 ruined it), but it does have a well done one that is interesting enough.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] It's a poorly balanced game with terrible level design. On a pure combat standpoint and weapons standpoint? Please DMC and Bayonetta can't live up to that same feeling you get with killing a person in NG2. It's far more brutal and satisfying. jg4xchamp

You did not play Ninja Gaiden 2, or at the least Sigma 2 changes a whole lot of sh1t, or at the least you put way too much stock into how DMC/Bayonetta does business. Becauset the notion that NG's combat isn't satisfying is absurd. That's some straight up sh1tty opinion territory.

NG1s combat felt good. I'm just saying that NG2 is just straight up ass as a whole. You keep saying really silly things.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

So how's everybody's score in this demo? It looks like nobody on the entire interweb has achieved SSS rank on Son of Sparda difficulty for the first mission on the demo.

This is the best I have done

Style Points:177, 846= SS Rank

Time: 12:24= A rank

Completion: 100%= SSS Rank

Overall: S Rank

Has anybody done better here?

P.S. I am so going to preorder this game and buy it day one! It feels a lot different than the other DMC games, but who cares? It's really fun for what it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-59603ff9b9423
deactivated-59603ff9b9423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-59603ff9b9423
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts

I'll get to it eventually, since I'm curious. I'm expecting awfulness though, after Enslaved.

Thefatness16

Your sig. It's perfect.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

It absolutely did not......

Gue1

best action game of last gen was God of War.

lol, god of war combat got nothing on Bayonetta.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

I don't see how a battle system having too many options makes it worse. It's not like it's bloated or something. The issue is that they couldn't do what DMC does. It uses the same mentality for enemies, punching bags until you start running up the scoreboard and then they get aggressive to knock you off SS/platinum. Game needed more aggressive enemies besides the durgas, the dogs, and all that jazz. It was too DMC in that area, and not enough Bayonetta. The actual battle system is fantastic. The game was also, albeit a little too easy given the high bar set for difficulty in the genre. jg4xchamp

Yeah, and its a far more visceral experience. When NG2 was clicking on all cylinders there isn't a game in the genre that could match that level of satisfaction you get from killing things. It's marvelous.

That is quite true, the best point of NG2 combat is the brutality, dismemberment & organ splashing everywhere. The difficulty & execution variety add to satisfaction too. However, pulling a complex air combo in DMC/Bayonetta feels even better.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

rjdofu

best action game of last gen was God of War.

lol, god of war combat got nothing on Bayonetta.

and Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 4, and even this demo of DmC.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

Just got done with the demo.

Gonna buy. I'd give it an 8.

So simple, yet tons of chances to experiement. Plus its only a demo.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#147 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Harder =/= better

In other words, it's designed for p*ssies. In DMC3: Dantes Awakening you're thrown into a steel cage with no escape and you gotta fight for your life to survive. It's the man's choice, much like Keystone beer.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#148 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Harder =/= better

Master_ShakeXXX

In other words, it's designed for p*ssies. In DMC3: Dantes Awakening you're thrown into a steel cage with no escape and you gotta fight for your life to survive. It's the man's choice, much like Keystone beer.

Actualy,you're wrong he's right.

Difficulty DOESN'T mean better game.

Not all games have to be pretty damn hard,you know.

And def. not as hard as DMC3 was.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

DarkLink77

At least it kept me playing no matter what, unlike DMC3.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"] Yeah, Bayonetta did set a new standard for fast and fluid style-oriented combat.dreman999

*Cough* Shinobi *cough*

In what way?

I could ask you the same, Bayonetta merely refined the DMC formula.