DMC demo went up today.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

best action game of last gen was God of War.

Pikminmaniac

lol, god of war combat got nothing on Bayonetta.

and Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 4, and even this demo of DmC.

Agree. It's great for everything else, but definitely not the combat.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#152 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

No. As much as I love NG games (well, besides 3 offcourse), just... no

Harder =/= better

Master_ShakeXXX

It has nothing to do with difficulty, but lets just go over it all.

NG by comparison is the quicker game and by far feels more fluid. Making dante's movement in DMC3 feel sluggish. Boss battles these two games become a toss up, but NG has more. The battle system itself isn't about styIe or running up a leaderboard, as much as its about the enemies challenging the player. And while in DMC3 you NEED to be running up the score before the enemies get aggressive, in NG they don't f*ck around. They get right after you, and that makes them far more interesting to fight.

But the biggest kicker, and this is why NGB still remains an all time cIassic, even if Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2(and DMC 3 can match up) top it in combat, and some boss designs. It's the level design. Where Bayonetta, DMC1/3/4, NG2 all have these pocket areas that get closed off until you kill enemies, NG has more organic environments. Areas that allow you to double back and run away from encounters give yourself breathing room, and its balanced out great because the NG enemies are aggressive and will give chase. As a game it sells its environments a lot better, and its environments as a whole are more entertaining to fight in.

The only areas DMC 3 excels at are that custom combos are easier to pull off in DMC3(but this notion that there are no custom combos in NG is ridiculous), and that Dante is far more entertaining a character than ryu. But NGB was the better game. DMC3 is just godly in its own right.

In other words, it's designed for p*ssies. In DMC3: Dantes Awakening you're thrown into a steel cage with no escape and you gotta fight for your life to survive. It's the man's choice, much like Keystone beer.

I know the bet dictates that I have to agree with you, but while I'm still sober. No f*ck no. You are wrong on so many levels you f*cking ape.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Wow, DMC vs. Ninja Gaiden. I feel like it's 2005 again. :)

As much I hate to give champ's opinions any relevance, I have to agree with him that NGB >>> DMC3.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I just got done playing the demo. The combat actually isn't as bad as I thought but I do miss having styIes rather than just using the L2/R2 buttons to switch between the angel or demo weapon subsets. I am currently indifferent to using L1/R1 to dodge as opposed to having to target enemies and dodge to the sides or by targeting and then pressing back+T to send the enemies into the air.

Demon hunter difficulty seemed way easier than previous games so I'll probably just play ito n Hard my first play through. I also don't like how poor the game looks/runs comapred to DMC4. DMC4 on PS3 looked great and played locked at 60FPS, this game looks horrible with terrible jaggies and the animations don't look as fluid since it is 30FPS.

I'll keep an open mind for this.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Finished playing the demo. It's pretty good. Just need to get a hang of the controls. Also the PS3 version is a jag fest :cry: Ill get it on PC.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#156 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

In other words, it's designed for p*ssies. In DMC3: Dantes Awakening you're thrown into a steel cage with no escape and you gotta fight for your life to survive. It's the man's choice, much like Keystone beer.

Master_ShakeXXX

I swear, your sh1tty opinions deserve their own hall of fame.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#157 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

Hmmm...maybe not, but it was on par with DMC3 arguably the best action game last gen.

rjdofu

I don't even like God of War that much but the truth is the truth. The game has the highest scores, the highest sales, gathered the most praise from the media and the most GOTYs too than any other action game ever. That you're a weaboo that can't enjoy great games if males doesn't look like women is an entirely different story.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#158 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

not gunna buy it.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

Gue1

I don't even like God of War that much but the truth is the truth. The game has the highest scores, the highest sales, gathered the most praise from the media and the most GOTYs too than any other action game ever. That you're a weaboo that can't enjoy great games if males doesn't look like women is an entirely different story.

:lol:

GET-A-LOAD-OF-THIS-GUY.jpg

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Gue1

I don't see how a battle system having too many options makes it worse. It's not like it's bloated or something. The issue is that they couldn't do what DMC does. It uses the same mentality for enemies, punching bags until you start running up the scoreboard and then they get aggressive to knock you off SS/platinum. Game needed more aggressive enemies besides the durgas, the dogs, and all that jazz. It was too DMC in that area, and not enough Bayonetta. The actual battle system is fantastic. The game was also, albeit a little too easy given the high bar set for difficulty in the genre. jg4xchamp

you don't see it because it seems you have never put any thought on the design. Too many options for combos in a hack & slash essentially turns the game into a button masher since no matter what button you press combos after combos just happen. So since you do cool stuff by mashing anything the game never makes you want to learn it. Because what is the point when you can do "SSS" combos by simply mashing anything which is the highest rating you can get on a combo.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Story seems a lot better presented and more interesting, but the game just bores me. Has a nice loading screen though.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 rjdofu

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I don't see how a battle system having too many options makes it worse. It's not like it's bloated or something. The issue is that they couldn't do what DMC does. It uses the same mentality for enemies, punching bags until you start running up the scoreboard and then they get aggressive to knock you off SS/platinum. Game needed more aggressive enemies besides the durgas, the dogs, and all that jazz. It was too DMC in that area, and not enough Bayonetta. The actual battle system is fantastic. The game was also, albeit a little too easy given the high bar set for difficulty in the genre. Gue1

you don't see it because it seems you have never put any thought on the design. Too many options for combos in a hack & slash essentially turns the game into a button masher since no matter what button you press combos after combos just happen. So since you do cool stuff by mashing anything the game never makes you want to learn it. Because what is the point when you can do "SSS" combos by simply mashing anything which is the highest rating you can get on a combo.

:lol: this must be one of the most stupid thing i've ever read since a long time. Does this guy even know what the fvck he's talking about?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#165 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
DMC demo = bayonetta with uncharted graphic and weird and unfinish up/down character movement
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 rjdofu

OMG this game is sooo damn HARD and FUN, getting SSS is so satisfying! :shock:

[spoiler]

:lol: NOT! What a fvcking disgrace to the franchise.

[/spoiler]

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#167 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

This thread is just one big NGB circle jerk. It's not even it's own game. It's an update of a game that wasn't even close to being on par with DMC3's magnificence, and a few additional little add ons haven't changed that one bit. DMC3: Dante's Awakening is and always will be the greatest hack and slash game ever made. Heads need to be pulled from asses.

And champ has proven himself to be a welcher.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#168 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

This thread is just one big NGB circle jerk. It's not even it's own game. It's an update of a game that wasn't even close to being on par with DMC3's magnificence, and a few additional little add ons haven't changed that one bit. DMC3: Dante's Awakening is and always will be the greatest hack and slash game ever made. Heads need to be pulled from asses.

Master_ShakeXXX

BLASPHEMY.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

DarkLink77

BLASPHEMY.

What's it even matter anyways. At this point it's just two old farts on walkers arguing over who had the better glory days. Both franchises have been destroyed.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#170 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I tried the demo. Nothing just really interested me that much. The combat is obviously nerfed compared to previous games and it's not terribly fun by itself. Still I suppose it would suffice for most people.

The story doesn't really interest me either and the voice acting/dialogue isn't great either. I thought Ninja Theory was suppose to be good at those things? It is the demo though so it could be improved...

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#171 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Master_ShakeXXX

BLASPHEMY.

What's it even matter anyways. At this point it's just two old farts on walkers arguing over who had the better glory days. Both franchises have been destroyed.

Well, considering NG3's incredibly negative reception and, I would imagine, worst-in-the-franchise sales, I assume that Team Ninja will be making a very different game once Ninja Gaiden 4 comes around.

As for Devil May Cry's future, well,

i_want_to_believe.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

inb4 neckbeards complain about it without even playing it

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

BLASPHEMY.

DarkLink77

Well, considering NG3's incredibly negative reception and, I would imagine, worst-in-the-franchise sales, I assume that Team Ninja will be making a very different game once Ninja Gaiden 4 comes around.

As for Devil May Cry's future, well,

i_want_to_believe.jpg

Oh I'm gonna try my damndest to convince as many people as possible not to buy the new pile of sh*t. If DMC is gonna have any chance in hell for salvation the new one needs to sell like crap.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

I tried to play DMC4 earlier, and the sheer amount of things you can do at any one time overwhelmed in comparison to how DmC felt.

DMC4 has such great combat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#177 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

rjdofu

Just curious, have you even playing the demo? Cause if you had you would know its not that easy to get SSS as you see in that video. I made sh1t way more complex than that and the max I got was an S rating. That video is fake or probably from some early build of the game. The rating system was fixed by then

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

I tried to play DMC4 earlier, and the sheer amount of things you can do at any one time overwhelmed in comparison to how DmC felt.

OneSanitarium

Hum, yes, but you had to buy those abbilities with souls. In the early levels DMC always had simple combat, only later on when you unlock those abilities it turns out complex. Do you think NT would give us the full combat options in the demo? I dont think so. It still felt complex and fun to play with what they gave us

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Vatusus

Hum, yes, but you had to buy those abbilities with souls. In the early levels DMC always had simple combat, only later on when you unlock those abilities it turns out complex. Do you think NT would give us the full combat options in the demo? I dont think so. It still felt complex and fun to play with what they gave us

Not saying otherwise, just saying that going to back to DMC4 felt really good.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#181 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I played it, I liked it.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Vatusus

Just curious, have you even playing the demo? Cause if you had you would know its not that easy to get SSS as you see in that video. I made sh1t way more complex than that and the max I got was an S rating. That video is fake or probably from some early build of the game. The rating system was fixed by then

lol, have YOU played the demo? Ever heard of demon dodge & angel dodge? That demon dodge happen with correct timing while holding the demon trigger. It buffs you up like crazy. That video is completely legit. There's another video showing boss fight on SoS using only 1 attack, the player still ended up with SS rank after that, the boss kept doing the same damn move over and over again, what a fvcking joke.Basing on Tameem's attitude on twitter, he basically told legit people complaining about his sh!tty game mechanic to piss off, I don't expect much.

And lol what do you think the demo is for huh? To show the best part for people to buy, if your demo is sh!t, chances are your final game is sh!t. Complex and fun :lol:, give me a break.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

rjdofu

lol, have YOU played the demo? Ever heard of demon dodge & angel dodge? That demon dodge happen with correct timing while holding the demon trigger. It buffs you up like crazy. That video is completely legit. There's another video showing boss fight on SoS using only 1 attack, the player still ended up with SS rank after that, the boss kept doing the same damn move over and over again, what a fvcking joke.Basing on Tameem's attitude on twitter, he basically told legit people complaining about his sh!tty game mechanic to piss off, I don't expect much.

And lol what do you think the demo is for huh? To show the best part for people to buy, if your demo is sh!t, chances are your final game is sh!t. Complex and fun :lol:, give me a break.

Only beat the demo once so didnt knew about the dodge thingy. Even so, its no different then the witch time in bayonetta as it rewards good timing. Its not that easy to dodge at the perfect time so it makes sense to reward it, but yeah, I can see how the rating system can be more forgivable. That still has notthing to do with combat complexity. Do you freakin honestly believe they would give us the full combat on a freakin demo? get a grip

I found its combat to be highly enjoyable and with potential to be complex to master. Dont like it, too bad. I'm buying it :cool:

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Gue1

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Vatusus

Only beat the demo once so didnt knew about the dodge thingy. Even so, its no different then the witch time in bayonetta as it rewards good timing. Its not that easy to dodge at the perfect time so it makes sense to reward it, but yeah, I can see how the rating system can be more forgivable. That still has notthing to do with combat complexity. Do you freakin honestly believe they would give us the full combat on a freakin demo? get a grip

I found its combat to be highly enjoyable and with potential to be complex to master. Dont like it, too bad. I'm buying it :cool:

I don't think you understand the meaning of "complex" if you thought that the battle system on the DMC demo was complex. :?

That battle system can't be more noob friendly because then it would mean that it plays itself. Mash the normal attack button, then combine it with the demon weapons (without any timing whatsoever, just keep mashing normal attacks) and just like that you just made an insanely long combo without breaking a sweat in your first try.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

its fun and all but its super super super easy. The enemies don't attack and when they do you know its coming so there is no challenge

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

Finally got around to playing it. Watched the opening cutscenes where Anonymous explained they're going to take down Fox News. First cutscene after that the framerate drops. lolwhoops

Combat started and things didn't get any better. Others have already gone over it, but I didn't like how slow it felt. The challenge makes God of War look like a difficult game. Boss fight wasn't engaging at all.

The demo failed to sell me on the game completely.

Slashkice
you never played god of war on the hardest difficulty, come back and then tell me the game is easy
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Vatusus

Combat =/= combos :|, all the basic combat mechanic must be on the demo. Of course they can't put every weapons as well as upgrade into a demo, but if the core mechanics are fvcked up, nothing can save it.
meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#188 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

I thought the demo was pretty fun, but it's the kind of game I buy when it hits the bargain bin.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#189 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Enjoyed the demo (beat the so called tutorial and the boss fight), day 1 buy easily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

Gue1

I don't think you understand the meaning of "complex" if you thought that the battle system on the DMC demo was complex. :?

That battle system can't be more noob friendly because then it would mean that it plays itself. Mash the normal attack button, then combine it with the demon weapons (without any timing whatsoever, just keep mashing normal attacks) and just like that you just made an insanely long combo without breaking a sweat in your first try.

1st. I said it has POTENTIAL to be complex. If it is or not, only when I have the full game I can say for sure

2nd. I dont see hows that different from any other Hack'n'Slash out there. In DMC4 just change the styles or the weapons and you can do alot of cool combos easily. In Bayonetta you just have to dodge at the right time and the witch time let you mash buttons without any enemy opposition whatsoever. It still doesnt mean it wasnt hard to master. Bayonetta WAS an easy game and very forgivable and yet it seems the people hating on DmC for these exact reasons seem to love Bayonetta. And the "its easy to stay in the air" complaint are laughable when in Bayonetta was even easier to do so.

again, being easy to play =/= easy to master

I saw potential in DmC but can only say for sure when I play the full version. Until there its only speculation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

rjdofu

Combat =/= combos :|, all the basic combat mechanic must be on the demo. Of course they can't put every weapons as well as upgrade into a demo, but if the core mechanics are fvcked up, nothing can save it.

I disagree, but lets leave it at that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Enjoyed the demo (beat the so called tutorial and the boss fight), day 1 buy easily.

Stringerboy

1353694928812.gif

You can't be serious dude.

wtf? Why do people get so butthurt over poeple enjoying this? I seriously dont get it...

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Vatusus

1353694928812.gif

wtf? Why do people get so butthurt over poeple enjoying this? I seriously dont get it...

He's mad that people are liking the demo instead of agreeing with his preconceived notions. Don't let the bitter fanboy get to you.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#196 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Stringerboy

1353694928812.gif

YOU can't be serious... The hate for this game is absolutely rediculous at this point. I pre-ordered it after the demo. The greatest hack n slash series continues to be the best. It's just different.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 rjdofu

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Pikminmaniac

1353694928812.gif

YOU can't be serious... The hate for this game is absolutely rediculous at this point. I pre-ordered it after the demo. The greatest hack n slash series continues to be the best. It's just different.

It's no longer the best. Especially after DMC 4 & this turd.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

1353694928812.gif

rjdofu

Surely, you can do better than that.:P

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

MFDOOM1983

Surely, you can do better than that.:P

Well may be if the boss fight won't be consist of boss repeating the same move & throwing F bomb all over the place (dat wonderful dialogue :lol: )
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#200 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Stringerboy

1353694928812.gif

1280722714336.jpg

Any doubts I pretty much had with the reboot was washed away with the demo. The game pretty much reminds me of DMC 1 for the first time I played it.