Crysis vs. Killzone 2 vs. Halo 3 vs. Metroid Prime 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

Honestly it is like PC gamers are not allowed to criticise Halo, if they cannot be honest about their opinions what are they supposed to do? Lie? Lie to make someone else feel better about their mediocre game while they hail it to be better than every other FPS?

I've had a go of the PC version of Halo 1 and I simply don't understand what is so special about it, the only explanation I can come up with is that it had to be their introduction to shooters so became the benchmark.

AnnoyedDragon
they can say almost whatever they want, they just shouldn't accuse and cuse people out.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 LibertySaint
[QUOTE="LibertySaint"]

look Mudman at first i was like:

but now i'm like:

:*(

crunchUK

my avatar is better :P

lol yes, yes it is. Your ava made me wanna look up lolcats :)
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#153 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
[QUOTE="mudman91878"]

You know, if all you've played is Halo 3, of course you're going to think it's good.

I know neither of you knows dick about PC gaming just from the fact that you're bragging about forge. Forge is an ABSOLUTE JOKE compared to what PC games offer. You have no idea what custom maps are and it's sad. You will blindly bash other games w/o any knowledge about them at all. I guess that's what happens when you blindly follow one game.

Just for the record, Halo 3 does NOTHING special AT ALL unless kangaroo jumping makes your willy stand at attention.

I think I've finally determined that Halo/360 fanboys are by far the worst fanboys out there. Nobody else seems to blindly support things as bad as these guys.

Branch out, play something else. Invest in a decent PC and play some real FPS's with real custom content.

crunchUK

there are 3 kinds of halo 3 haters:

jealous mooers

elitist hermits

and least of all halo 2 hardcores.

guess where you fit :roll:

and in response to you the whole pointof forge is that ANYONE can come up with something brilliant, and it requires next to no knowledge, only sty1e, and creativity. please never talk about halo 3 again because it's obvious you have no idea about what you're on about. ssee? i can also blindly assume. :|

then there the 4th Halo 3 hater..

who has owned the game, played the game, sold the game, and has a honest impression about the game.

not everyone who hates halo is one of the 3 you listed...dont hold this game up so high to where you say that anybody who hates it is a jelous hermit or an FPS elitist...people hate TF2 people hate DOOM but i dont call them elitist, or jealous idiots...

And you are correct...anybody can come up with somthing brilliant, but what you need to realize it that not many of the things made on Forge..are any good, only a while does somebody come up with somthing brilliant, then again that happens to all games...nobody will just pick it up and create a masterpeice..even many gamers who created maps for UT Have been using unreal edititor for a while...and most of the time know what there doing...its (most of the time) very uncommon that people will make a good map, most of the time its just garbage...

same applies to Gmod...most of the time people dont know what the hell there doing..there just playing around until they get a good idea and put it to work..

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 LibertySaint
[QUOTE="crunchUK"][QUOTE="mudman91878"]

You know, if all you've played is Halo 3, of course you're going to think it's good.

I know neither of you knows dick about PC gaming just from the fact that you're bragging about forge. Forge is an ABSOLUTE JOKE compared to what PC games offer. You have no idea what custom maps are and it's sad. You will blindly bash other games w/o any knowledge about them at all. I guess that's what happens when you blindly follow one game.

Just for the record, Halo 3 does NOTHING special AT ALL unless kangaroo jumping makes your willy stand at attention.

I think I've finally determined that Halo/360 fanboys are by far the worst fanboys out there. Nobody else seems to blindly support things as bad as these guys.

Branch out, play something else. Invest in a decent PC and play some real FPS's with real custom content.

Pinkyimp

there are 3 kinds of halo 3 haters:

jealous mooers

elitist hermits

and least of all halo 2 hardcores.

guess where you fit :roll:

and in response to you the whole pointof forge is that ANYONE can come up with something brilliant, and it requires next to no knowledge, only sty1e, and creativity. please never talk about halo 3 again because it's obvious you have no idea about what you're on about. ssee? i can also blindly assume. :|

then there the 4th Halo 3 hater..

who has owned the game, played the game, sold the game, and has a honest impression about the game.

not everyone who hates halo is one of the 3 you listed...dont hold this game up so high to where you say that anybody who hates it is a jelous hermit or an FPS elitist...people hate TF2 people hate DOOM but i dont call them elitist, or jealous idiots...

And you are correct...anybody can come up with somthing brilliant, but what you need to realize it that not many of the things made on Forge..are any good, only a while does somebody come up with somthing brilliant, then again that happens to all games...nobody will just pick it up and create a masterpeice..even many gamers who created maps for UT Have been using unreal edititor for a while...and most of the time know what there doing...its (most of the time) very uncommon that people will make a good map, most of the time its just garbage...

same applies to Gmod...most of the time people dont know what the hell there doing..there just playing around until they get a good idea and put it to work..

the 4th halo hater is the person who didn't have anyone to play it with ;) :P
banemind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 banemind
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts
crysis /thread
Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
well THB I would by Killzone as even though the first was rough it was a jewl. Far-Cry was over rated because PC gamers can't see gameplay if theres purdy graphics ontop Metriod though great was better in 2D AND has no MP. Halo however is always strong and good and in all honesty will probably have the most players in years to come not to mention the whole custom side. KZ2 is yet to be tested I belive that I will love the MP but will it last like Halo we don't know.
Avatar image for scoobiesnackarf
scoobiesnackarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 scoobiesnackarf
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts

crysis /threadbanemind

Nice job bringing back an 8th month old thread:roll:

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#158 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

I've had the most fun with Crysis. Haven't played Killzone 2, but since I own a PC, those graphics aren't that amazing to me, and I'm not particularly interested in the rest of the game.

Edit: Noes! Hate it when people bump ancient threads with some lame comment without me noticing.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

This topic is flawed.

Metroid shouldnt even be on that list.
It should be like this.

Half life 2
Crysis
Unreal 2004
Halo 3
COD 4

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
Sales wise: Halo 3 Reviews: Killzone 2
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#161 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Crysis >>> All those games imo.

The Killzone 2 beta was amazing though i must say.

insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#162 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts
Absolutely NOT interested in halo or Metroid. So it would be between Crysis and KZ2. Crysis looks better than KZ2 or any game for that matter. But I like the multiplayer options for KZ2 such as online and offline bots, classes etc.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 LibertySaint
lol a 8 month old thread is still relevant.... hey i posted here too... i'll still go by what i said too! hehe
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Metroid Prime 3 is a First Person Action-Adventure. Crysis is the next step in the evolution of First Person Shooters. Halo 3 and Killzone 2 are the two next iterations in console FPS series that are not really pushing anything forwards.

I am interested in playing them all except Halo 3.
foxhound_fox

iu've played very little of crysis, what is evolutionary about it? it seemed like a general FPS to me design wise but i didn't play alot of it what else is there to it

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#165 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Crysis is the next step in the evolution of First Person Shooters.foxhound_fox

Why do people say this exactly?

It was pretty much a standard FPS with pretty graphics.

The only thing slightly original is the nanosuit, but I still found myself using stealth most of the time because it was the most effective way to do things.

ants83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 ants83
Member since 2005 • 359 Posts
Haven't played killzone 2

Crysis is good but gets overrated because of the graphics IMO.

Halo 3 is good online but the single player is nothing special.

Prime 3 is awesome, some would say lack of multiplayer and dated graphics
would make it a lesser game but I don't.

Prime 3 wins

P.s Metroid Prime, Half-Life 2 and bioshock are better than all these games ;)
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#167 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] Crysis is the next step in the evolution of First Person Shooters.swazidoughman

Why do people say this exactly?

It was pretty much a standard FPS with pretty graphics.

The only thing slightly original is the nanosuit, but I still found myself using stealth most of the time because it was the most effective way to do things.

That is your opinion and play style, the fact than everyone's play style is different and Crysis exploits it means that it is the next step.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
halo- great console online, ok single player...... mp3- great single player, online N/A......... crysis- great visuals but meh to the rest(did not play much SP)..... kill zone- the first was pure trash and till KZ2 comes out it stands as trash. i would give it to MP3 with halo 3 close
killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

Um if everyone took their fanboy goggles of then it would easily be crysis. Its the best looking out of all of them and offers genuinely new gameplay. With fully destructible environments, the nano suit abilities, huge free form worlds where you have to survive and think of the best way to take out groups of soldiers e.t.c.

Easily the best.

I would vote bioshock as second, looks very innovative, gameplay looks really interesting

halo 3 as third, because it has proven itself to be a solid shooter

killzone 2 last, but simply because the first game was rubbish

jt8b2z
has to be crysis so i agree with you. i finished it yesterday! for the first time :D cuz b4 ma pc got screwed :( and i lost all the saves and now i am gonna finish Crysis:WH but i think KZ2 is 2nd and halo 3rd. never really got into metroid tbh
RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

System Shock 2.....j/k

1. Crysis

2. Killzone 2

Metroid Prime 3 isn't a fps, and Halo 3 is overrated, but fun.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Who was the necromancer? :| Anyways very funny to read how people destroyed KZ2
muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#172 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

Crysis, the father of modern FPS, with great single player

Killzone 2, little brother of Crysis, cousin of COD4 , not evaluable (not out)

Halo, the grandaddy of console shooters, definition of average shooter ( i love it)

Metroid, the half sister of... something action shooter. Best Wii shooter yet.

Gameplay: Crysis>Killzone 2>Metroid>Halo

Graphics: Crysis, Killzone 2>Halo>Metroid

Online: Halo, possibly KZ2>Crysis> Metroid

Lasting Appeal, SP: All even.

Winner: Crysis>Killzone 2> Crysis> Metroid

LONG LIVE PC!!!!!!

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Crysis. Its a PC game which generally equals more longevity. If I can only pick one game I want the one that will potentially last the longest.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#174 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
I'd purchase Halo 3.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I'm going with Halo since it's awesome multiplayer would last me the longest. And Metroid is an FPA.
bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

muzik_mafia

Why the comma between crysis and killzone?

muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#177 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts
[QUOTE="muzik_mafia"]

bladeeagle

my bad.. finger mustve slipped although it is the closest..... crysis for life!!!!!!!!
bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts
[QUOTE="bladeeagle"][QUOTE="muzik_mafia"]

muzik_mafia

my bad.. finger mustve slipped although it is the closest..... crysis for life!!!!!!!!

Oh ok.

JGx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 JGx13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

OK got all four games from today 27th Feb 09. And well... Halo wins :P. I mean yeah the 360 was my main console but then I'm willing to buy a ps3 last week just for Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and spend £100 on a graphics card just to play crysis I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy. I don't like Wii games other than the family classics like mario kart and wii sports. For Graphics Crysis wins but it's not far in front of KZ2. Obviously Halo is a ugly by these standards but still better looking than most fps and metroid prime its on a freaking wii of course it looks like something a stray dog spat out! Replay value Halo period. Crysis might be nice with some mods and that warhead expansion, DLC will likely come for KZ2, but halo wins online thanks to XBL, it has DLC in the form of new maps, and expansion on the current game soon Halo 3:ODST and the online match is updated the most frequently, with the new dash it completely changed it's online ranking system and added 750GS. Gameplay I'd give to halo also all four lack in a decent story line but halo makes you feel special especialy if you have played the whole trilogy and/ or halo wars. Halo has the best controls and old fan favs. Crysis is good but the story is garbage, killzone ive played all day and well, controls get annoying very quickly and online isnt the most stable, on realse day so please dont say im wrong in about 2months time when the servers are actually fixed in the EU. Metroid prime has the wii-numchuck-out-of-the-window as the main controller which I don't like, and KZ2 use of sixaxis fails. but If I had to choice one it would even today be Halo 3, but if you pc can handle crysis give it ago and ps3 owner dont have any good games so killzone 2 should be on every owners wish list.

HALO 3

KILLZONE 2/CRYIS

METROID PRIME 3

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
I dont really have a preference here except for the fact that I think Halo 3 is highly overrated, and I hate the no-gravity floaty feel of the multiplayer. Just isnt my cup of tea
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

Crysis cannot be compared to those big 3 even with it's overrated scores. People are too often impressed by the graphics and stamps AAA.

Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts

Halo Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWUob68LqA

Crysis Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geddu0W1e3w

Killzone 2 Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3P76kXguzU

Metroid Prime 3 Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btNPLILa45U

I think Halo 3 looks the weakest of the 4, but its not by much. They are all frikken AWESOME ganes,

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

(The reason this is here is because system wars always comes down to software)

These four titles are a FPS fan's wet dream.
Now, if all were lauched at the same time, which would dominate?

Simply stated, if you had all four systems/system requirements, which would you buy if only one and why?

IamTakkun
i don't have a wii nor a 360, but i can tell, metroid prime never got my eye, i own halo 2 on the original xbox and it wasn't that great, never played it online cuz no way in hell i'd paid to play online, i'm just guessing Halo 3 is pretty much the same thing, specially cuz most reviews said it doesn't do anything new compared with Halo 2 As for Crysis, just let me say a little something: I own an N8600 core2duo 2,2ghz, i clearly remember people saying on PS3 launch the RSX was little less than a N7200 and cell was good for nothing. That being said, when i put my PC next to the TV, Crysis vs Killzone 2 Demo, Killzone looks better and i think its more fun to play, but thats just me, my opinion, Crysis does have amazing physics, its awesome playing with it. in the end Killzone 2
thekashif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 thekashif
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
if i had the overly awsome system nessesary id chose crysis, but i dont so ill go with killzone
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
halo would have dominated.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
I'd play KZ2 because FPS is all about production values and KZ2 has it. MP looks good and I've heard good things about it. Crysis would be second because its gorgeous but the MP probably isn't as engrossing. MP3. Interesting adventure elements. Love the series. Halo 3 is last because of its underwhelming single player. MP is great because its universally loved, but I need leveling/rewards now because of COD4 and Resistance 2
smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

I've never played Crysis, Halo 3 and Metroid Prime 3 so for me it's only one

Killzone 2 is awesome from what have played so far, and I even haven't played online yet :roll:

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
these games pale in comparison to Crysis. i havent tried killzone 2 but i highly doubt it could reach crysis standards of gameplay, vizuals and physics. Crysis is the best fps since half life imo.
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts

Crysis destroys those shooters in ever way. But for the sake of this topic here is the proper order:

Crysis > Halo 3 > Killzone 2 >>>>>>>>> Metroid Prime 3

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#190 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
MP3 isn't really a fps. However, genres aside, I would take MP3 and Crysis.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#191 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

Crysis destroys those shooters in ever way. But for the sake of this topic here is the proper order:

Crysis > Halo 3 > Killzone 2 >>>>>>>>> Metroid Prime 3

_Pinbot_

Are you kidding me???? I can do the same thing, Crysis + MP3>>>>Killzone 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3.

Yet, it doesn't mean anything, because I'm just blatantly saying it.

Why is MP3 so far down? How does it get crushed by the other 3 games? I really don't see how you can say its so bad, unless either your a fanboy, or you just don't like the gameplay, but even if you don't like the gameplay, you should still respect that it has good gameplay, just not your kind.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Killzone 2.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#193 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Its not even close... Crysis >>>>>>>>>>>>

Killzone2 beta was alot of fun and Metriod Prime 3 is agreat game. But Crysis is classic status imo.

yoshi454444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 yoshi454444
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

never played kz or crysis but i have played mp3 and halo and can honestly say mp3s alot better, it would be funny if you put a halo junkie in front of mp3 and they'd be like "duh were is everyone?"

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
I haven't played Killzone 2 or MP3 yet... But I have seen videos of them both.. and Crysis would probably take the cake for me. Being able to kill enemies with the environment is amazing.
MGSFan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 MGSFan92
Member since 2008 • 1525 Posts
Well if I had the PC to run it, then Crysis for sure.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts
Crysis or Halo 3. MP3 is an adventure game in first person.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

I'm sorry but I just beat Crysis Wednesday after getting my new pc rig, specs are in my sig. and I played it on very high. And today started the SP of KZ2. Crysis has the graphics, just because of the scale inwhich it does do what it does. But as far as pure fire power, and pure adrendaline rush from fire fight to the next firefight almost at a non stop pace its Killzone 2 with out a doubt. Also KZ2 does special effects alot better than crysis aswell, such as depth of field vision, motion blur, particle effects (sparks bouncing off of the floor), enviroment damage, animations and I'll even say the lighting in KZ2 really is at a whole different level than crysis. The lighting on your weapon in KZ2 and the enviroments is just crazy, heck your weapon looks as real as any game has ever made a weapon look when carrying it, and alot of that comes from the lighting in KZ2.

I really enjoyed crysis and thought it should have been mentioned more for its gameplay than what it was. Most, always stayed on the graphics kick with the game. But I did love its overall experience so don't think I'm kicking it around or something. But I would have to say for the overall package its definitly KZ2.

Played halo of couple of times only so I can't really say yea or nay on that one. Which what I did play felt to much like other shooters from my old pc days. I really think it was just the fact that a fps went to a console and everyone that hadn't played a fps before loved it even though pc players had already seen that type of gameplay prior to Halo.

Metro same thing never really played it.

So for me its definitly Killzone 2.

PUG_NASTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 PUG_NASTY
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts
wow the KZ hate is strong in this thread....look guys it got AAA. no matter how bad the 1st was...THIS one got 9 and above EVERYWHERE. stop hating...u wanted this game 2 flop sooo bad and it didnt...move on
Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Crysis win big time,halo 3 only had nice in game water,KZ2 looks good but not sure if its fun and Metroid is UGLY from evry side!! why even comparing it to the others?