Crysis vs. Killzone 2 vs. Halo 3 vs. Metroid Prime 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IamTakkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 IamTakkun
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

(The reason this is here is because system wars always comes down to software)

These four titles are a FPS fan's wet dream.
Now, if all were lauched at the same time, which would dominate?

Simply stated, if you had all four systems/system requirements, which would you buy if only one and why?

Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

hmmm played first flopzone and hated it,crysis looks goodbut ainta bigfan ofpc gamesso it comes down to halo and metroid, i would choose halo because of it multiplayer and it would last me lontger.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 is a First Person Action-Adventure. Crysis is the next step in the evolution of First Person Shooters. Halo 3 and Killzone 2 are the two next iterations in console FPS series that are not really pushing anything forwards.

I am interested in playing them all except Halo 3.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
bioshock.
adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts

Crysis - graphics

Halo - gameplay and online

HALO 3 is teh winner!

jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jt8b2z
Member since 2005 • 7189 Posts

Um if everyone took their fanboy goggles of then it would easily be crysis. Its the best looking out of all of them and offers genuinely new gameplay. With fully destructible environments, the nano suit abilities, huge free form worlds where you have to survive and think of the best way to take out groups of soldiers e.t.c.

Easily the best.

I would vote bioshock as second, looks very innovative, gameplay looks really interesting

halo 3 as third, because it has proven itself to be a solid shooter

killzone 2 last, but simply because the first game was rubbish

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Halo would dominate sales.

Halo/Corruption would dominate quality...imo.(don't flame, I already know you disagree)

Halo would dominate overall.

rocklegacy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 rocklegacy2
Member since 2005 • 8428 Posts

I think this is the biggest platform exclusive FPS face-off ever seen.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

Simply stated, if you had all four systems/system requirements, which would you buy if only one and why?

IamTakkun

Killzone still doesn't do it for me (even if it is pretty), I disagree completely about Halo, and I cannot even get excited about Metroid Prime 3 because A) it's on the Wii (I.e. underwhelming, fundamentally the same as last gen) and B) it's not a ****c Metroid game (The GBA was the most wonderful piece of machinery EVER for this reason).

So, I'd say Crysis I guess, but I wouldn't even say "wet dream" at all.

mantisybza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mantisybza
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

killzone 2

halo 3

crysis

metroid prime 3

jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jt8b2z

killzone 2

halo 3

crysis

metroid prime 3

mantisybza

i really dont see how you can say killzone 2 will be the best when all you've seen is a short video of someone getting of a landing craft and shooting people the same way you shoot people in every other fps. What the hell is different apart from the lick of paint :s

IamTakkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IamTakkun
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

Each game has it's strong points, and it's down falls...

Overall though, Crysis(to my knowledge) isn't gonna have online(?) which is a downfall, Halo still feels like Halo(nothing new) Metroid will make your arm tired and graphics are "top notch" and Killzone just hasn't made me sit up straight yet...

I guess I should haven't gave the option of having all the systems... Seriously, almost everyone will have to upgrade their computer to play Crysis.... Oh well.

CerMakAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CerMakAlot
Member since 2006 • 560 Posts
Luckily we don't have to choose, i'm getting them all except crysis.
Bdking57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bdking57
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts

While they are all shooters, these games are all so far apart. Crysis is clearly amazing, but I like playing games social with my friends who have no intention of buying an expensive PC just to play this game. KZ2 looks like Gears all over again just over a year late and slightly not as good. Im most interested in playing halo3 with all my friends and capturing it all on the replay feature. Halo will have the most replay of all the games listed due to the 4 player coop, 4 player split screen, online guests, replay elements withphoto and video uploading

IamTakkun
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Crysis; Innovative gameplay (been done before but never combined so many elements in one game), best graphics, will probably have excellent sound (surround sound PC), free-world environments to make the game last awhile.

Metroid Prime 3; Looks to have awesome gameplay, especially with that Wiimote. Graphically less impressive, but will look pretty good in motion. Sound will fit perfectly and there will be plenty of reasons to go back through the game (100% data files, anyone?).

Halo 3; Same Halo gameplay that you either love or hate, next-gen quality graphics. Will probably have great sound accompanying the large battles. Replay value will probably not be that great.

KZ2; Gameplay??? Graphically it'll be probably be better than all (bar Crysis). Sound wise...could be good (I haven't played the first KZ so these are approximations). Replay value will probably be next to nonexistant just like most console shooters.

I'm looking forward to Crysis/Metroid Prime 3. I don't think I'm going to be buying Halo 3/KZ2.
jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jt8b2z

Overall though, Crysis(to my knowledge) isn't gonna have online(?) which is a downfall, Halo still feels like Halo(nothing new) Metroid will make your arm tired and graphics are "top notch" and Killzone just hasn't made me sit up straight yet...

I guess I should haven't gave the option of having all the systems... Seriously, almost everyone will have to upgrade their computer to play Crysis.... Oh well.

IamTakkun

crysis has online, in fact gametrailers have gameplay videos of crysis multiplayer.

Beowulf935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Beowulf935
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts
Crysis hands down.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

IamTakkun

Crysis gets 32 player online with entirely new, never-before-seen-in-FPS's-before modes.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25134639
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25608672
Beowulf935

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Beowulf935
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts
[QUOTE="IamTakkun"]

jt8b2z

crysis has online, in fact gametrailers have gameplay videos of crysis multiplayer.

Go to Crysis-Online, there's a new IGN interview posted up which explains much about the Power Struggle mode. The length is about 24 minutes, though there's lots about the single-player too.
wklzip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 wklzip
Member since 2005 • 13925 Posts

Crysis - graphics

HALO 3 is teh winner!

adriancostin83

before halo fans said halo 3 would destroy gears of wars in graphic level, what happened? now its all about gameplay?

wklzip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wklzip
Member since 2005 • 13925 Posts
[QUOTE="IamTakkun"]

foxhound_fox

Crysis gets 32 player online with entirely new, never-before-seen-in-FPS's-before modes.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25134639
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25608672

Crysis = win FPS war

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts

Humm. I'm going to go with Metroid because I love Metroid games and the controls are going to own on this game. Halo 2 will be really good though that would be my number 2. Honestly I still don't understand what the big deal about Crysis is....seriously the only thing great about that game are the graphics and that's not that important to me. Not enough info about Killzone to really rate it but given Killzone one I'll put this one in last place.

JJ_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JJ_1
Member since 2004 • 911 Posts

Luckily we don't have to choose, i'm getting them all except crysis. CerMakAlot

PC cant run it?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="adriancostin83"]

Crysis - graphics

HALO 3 is teh winner!

wklzip

before halo fans said halo 3 would destroy gears of wars in graphic level, what happened? now its all about gameplay?

Don't confuse Halo fans with anarchist Halo right-wing radiacals.
emmel05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emmel05
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

Crysis; Innovative gameplay (been done before but never combined so many elements in one game), best graphics, will probably have excellent sound (surround sound PC), free-world environments to make the game last awhile.

Metroid Prime 3; Looks to have awesome gameplay, especially with that Wiimote. Graphically less impressive, but will look pretty good in motion. Sound will fit perfectly and there will be plenty of reasons to go back through the game (100% data files, anyone?).

Halo 3; Same Halo gameplay that you either love or hate, next-gen quality graphics. Will probably have great sound accompanying the large battles. Replay value will probably not be that great.

KZ2; Gameplay??? Graphically it'll be probably be better than all (bar Crysis). Sound wise...could be good (I haven't played the first KZ so these are approximations). Replay value will probably be next to nonexistant just like most console shooters.

I'm looking forward to Crysis/Metroid Prime 3. I don't think I'm going to be buying Halo 3/KZ2.
Saturos3091

Halo 3's replay value not that great? WTH is ONLINE MULTIPLAYER??!! Come On!

00chaos8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#27 00chaos8
Member since 2005 • 1682 Posts

when it comes down to it, I see that halo 3 would dominate sales because of its hype. But still I am gettin it because of multiplayer is damn fun.

Crysis however is goin to have a dominating gameplay and graphics. PC fanatics will be goin crazy for this game. Ne x gen FPS.

Metroid Prime 3 has great quality and it has a lot of unique gameplay to it way different then any fps games. Metroid Prime was always amazing but thats my opinion

Killzone 2...well it was the only first party game for the sony is why its so popular and killzone 1 wasnt great at all. I never found any of the killzone games so far that great so killzone 2 is last in my catergory.

sportsdude206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sportsdude206
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
[QUOTE="adriancostin83"]

Crysis - graphics

HALO 3 is teh winner!

wklzip

I don't remember anyone ever saying that, and besides halo 3's campaign has great graphics.

I think that any game that has a whole bunch of people playing it online 2 1/2 years after comes out (replay value) is a good game.

But here is my order.

1 Halo 3 = always did love the halo series and the fact that it is at least one game that all my friends have

2 Crysis = has great graphics and online, but I never was a fan of computer controls

3-Metroid = looks cool and I can't wait to play it

4-Killzone = the first one flopped and I don't really get why the second one is so hyped

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Honestly I still don't understand what the big deal about Crysis is....seriously the only thing great about that game are the graphics and that's not that important to me.Firelore29
I can't figure out where people get things like that from. It feels like when they say that, what they actually mean is 'all I can pay attention to are the graphics.' Simple little things like interactive environments... being able to take out a vehicle by shooting its tire as it drives past instead of 'depleting its HP.' Even the nice little touches add up.
CerMakAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CerMakAlot
Member since 2006 • 560 Posts

[QUOTE="CerMakAlot"]Luckily we don't have to choose, i'm getting them all except crysis. JJ_1

PC cant run it?

Exactly. Believe me i'd love to play it. But i don't want to upgrade right now. I might play it on a friend's pc or something.
the_jetimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_jetimaster
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts
Halo i love it killzone i never like it metroid keeeeewl and crysis umm is good but not so good
but i noe that halo gonna win
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

Three words:

Dual wield chickens.

Crysis wins.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
MP3 is an FPA, not FPS. I would pick Crysis even if MP3 was FPS though because Metroid Prime games to me have usually been boring other than the occasional battles whcich are too and far between for my tastes. (I've played all 3 so far and own Hunters and MP2.)
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts

If I could only get one ever I'd get Halo 3 since it would last longest, but if I could get others at a later time I'd get Metroid Prime 3 first I am most excited to try it out

Metroid Prime 3 - great series, and the controls have been reported to deliver on Wii shooting that everyone has been hoping for since the controller was announced

Halo 3 - finishing the story and getting more of the great Halo multiplayer

Crysis - graphics are the best technical graphics I've seen, and the gameplay seems pretty good

Killzone - Will need to know more about it, but as of now it doesn't appear to be as much of a "must-own" as the other 3

Avatar image for desktopdefender
desktopdefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 desktopdefender
Member since 2007 • 1415 Posts

Halo 3 = finishing an epic story

Crysis = The next big thing in the fps genre

KZ2 = not enough info yet, but looks AA

MP3 = Not an FPS but looks great

JJ_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JJ_1
[QUOTE="JJ_1"]

[QUOTE="CerMakAlot"]Luckily we don't have to choose, i'm getting them all except crysis. CerMakAlot

PC cant run it?

Exactly. Believe me i'd love to play it. But i don't want to upgrade right now. I might play it on a friend's pc or something.

Well, they did say that can run on alot of low end computers. Show me your specs.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

Three words:

Dual wield chickens.

Crysis wins.

t3hTwinky

yep, dont forget 'dual wield trees'

didnt we talk about this yesterday twinky?

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

Crysis = Big step in the FPS genre

Halo 3=end of a great story/fun multiplayer

MP3 = classic game series

KZ2 = sequal to a flop (why make it?)

libthegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 libthegod
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts

1. Crysis

2. Killzone 2

3. Halo 3

4. Metroid Prime

graphically.

jetthrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jetthrovegas
Member since 2007 • 1328 Posts

Bioshock > Crysis > Metroid prime 3 >Killzone 2 > Halo 3 IMO

JJ_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JJ_1

Halo i love it killzone i never like it metroid keeeeewl and crysis umm is good but not so good
but i noe that halo gonna winthe_jetimaster

True, Halo 3 is going to dominate in sales, but that is because alot of people have the 360's and there is a major fanbase. (PC elites are far and few) The big reason halo sold so well was that counsel gamers never had it so good. PC gamers had that 8 years before halo. I'm sorry to say, but Crysis and Bioshock have new gameplay ideas that make halo obsolete.

Avatar image for desktopdefender
desktopdefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 desktopdefender
Member since 2007 • 1415 Posts

[QUOTE="the_jetimaster"]Halo i love it killzone i never like it metroid keeeeewl and crysis umm is good but not so good
but i noe that halo gonna winJJ_1

True, Halo 3 is going to dominate in sales, but that is because alot of people have the 360's and there is a major fanbase. (PC elites are far and few) The big reason halo sold so well was that counsel gamers never had it so good. PC gamers had that 8 years before halo. I'm sorry to say, but Crysis and Bioshock have new gameplay ideas that make halo obsolete.

I kinda agree, but we really dont know much about halo 3 sp, since Bioshock is a wayy different fps to Halo 3

And well Crysis is in a league of its own

JJ_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JJ_1
[QUOTE="JJ_1"]

[QUOTE="the_jetimaster"]Halo i love it killzone i never like it metroid keeeeewl and crysis umm is good but not so good
but i noe that halo gonna windesktopdefender

I kinda agree, but we really dont know much about halo 3 sp, since Bioshock is a wayy different fps to Halo 3

And well Crysis is in a league of its own

Yea, I was basing it on halo 1/2 and gameplay videos of halo 3 and beta. I put Bioshock in there because its so different and thats what the gaming world needs right now. And Crysis......agreed, league of it's own.:P

elite_ferns1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 elite_ferns1
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts

Let me summurize the results of this thread.

xbox and 360 owners will say halo

Sony fanboys will say KZ2

Nintendo fans will say MP3

PC veterans will say Crysis

I will say Halo 3, cause i love this series. I also like the metroid series but i don't like the wii controller.

hobbit93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hobbit93
Member since 2007 • 1461 Posts

IamTakkun
you cannot compare these because these all aim for different gameplay styles plus killzone 2 comes out waaaay after so u can count that out
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

IamTakkun

I'd probably get Halo 3. I'm not the biggest Halo fan and am only going through the games now (I'm well underway into the Halo campaign) however multiplayer is a really big thing for me. Not only does Halo 3 implement a proven mp system from Halo 2, but it has 4 player online co-op. You just can't beat that... replay value goes through the roof, and none of the other games can compare to that.

gamespot813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamespot813
Member since 2006 • 1068 Posts
Killzone 2, i'm not interested at all. it's just there to try and steal some thunder from Halo 3. Halo 3 and MP3 are the ones i'm interested in, depending on which one gets the better score here at GSpot
phantas777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 phantas777
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts
well it sucks to have to ask this question is such a biased forum where fans of their systems will stop at nothing to pretend it's the greatest thing in existance.  a prime being people who haven't even seen actual gameplay from killzone until 2 days ago pretending like it's the best thing on earth, and 360 fans who hype up a halo 3 trailer that really was quite boring all around.  i'm a proud 360 and wii owner, but come on now guys, they could have master chief walk on the screen and shoot at the camera james bond style and some of you would cream your pants.  having said that, the 2 games i think are sadly not mentioned are call of duty 3 and bioshock - both of which i think look incredible.  but as it stands, with the games listed - anyone with half a brain would pick crysis.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

halo 3 for me because it looks fun in both sp and mp also want to see the end.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#50 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
Crysis. Theres too much content that you can get on your PC that currently isn't available to console games.