Crysis vs. Killzone 2 vs. Halo 3 vs. Metroid Prime 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Well metroid isnt really a first person shooter. There is much more of an emphesis on exploration than killing things.

Halo 3 and Killzone 2 simply are steps fowards in the genre. They do nothing to evolve or revolutionise it.

Crysis slams the technical barrier and pushes it foward to somthing that is far more complex and ahead of its time, than anything on the market.

IMO its defitnaly one of the best, if not the best first person shooter this generation... I say this owning all the noteable shooters this gen.

Of course im interested in them all, I plan to buy kz2 depending on its critical reception.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Crysis is an amazing game... not just visually but its got a solid gameplay imo...

looking forward to KZ2...

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts
Crysis + Halo >>> MP3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Killzone 2
crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

crysis, loved it. heck i love the multiplayer as well.

can i also say Stalker, it is a marvel. may not have the polish of some other games, but there is nothing else out there like it.

oh killzone 2 looks interesting. will keep an eye out on it. my PS3 is feeling left out.

ps3weee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ps3weee
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
Halo 3 eazy....
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

killzone2 i loved the first

i dont like halo, dont care about crises, i grew out of nintendo

Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#108 Kez1984
Member since 2007 • 4548 Posts
Crysis.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts

Halo 3 is very mediocre, I just completed the campain and ive played a fair amount of the online, and its VERY medicore.

I would go for Crysis and Killzone 2

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts

killzone2 i loved the first

i dont like halo, dont care about crises, i grew out of nintendo

winner-ps3

I dont understand how people could like that horrible game with lame story,sallow gameplay,ugly graphic, glitches, full of frame dips and boring multiplayer..and BTW what is crises?
Sgt_Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 Sgt_Napalm
Member since 2008 • 1811 Posts

Hm... approaching this unbiased, I think that Halo 3 would dominate.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts

halo3 for being just stunning. the single player is amazing, and the multiplayer is so great i'll bet you all it will still have players in 8 years time.

second is crysis. it looks better than real life.

thirdly is MP3. apart from the badass bosses the shooting part is average, and where it really shines is the controls and the adventure part

killzone 2 is last. the single player *looks* horrible and patreonizing. think cod 4 but cool graphics. as for the multiplayer it could be "good" if they make it more "hardcore" and tactical than COD4 otherwise don't get your hopes up. could also easily end up broken anyway.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 is my favourite of those.
IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 IgorVitaly
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

second is crysis. it looks better than real life.

killzone 2 is last. the single player *looks* horrible and patreonizing. think cod 4 but cool graphics. as for the multiplayer it could be "good" if they make it more "hardcore" and tactical than COD4 otherwise don't get your hopes up. could also easily end up broken anyway.

crunchUK

CrunchUK your post is Igorized, meaning its approved as finest material. Some parts alteast, first is STALKER and 3rd is Mass Effect.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
KZ2 would win. crysis has lame graphcis and tired gameplay, mp3 is on the wii, and halo3...lol. kz2 has fresh gameplay and the best graphics ever seen, and its just amazing.
Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#116 Kez1984
Member since 2007 • 4548 Posts
haha..
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#117 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

KZ2 would win. crysis has lame graphcis and tired gameplay, mp3 is on the wii, and halo3...lol. kz2 has fresh gameplay and the best graphics ever seen, and its just amazing. pyromaniac223

:lol: Cow to the max!

Damn, I wish more games had corridor shooting... :roll:

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Halo 3 would sell the most, obviously.
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
I vote Crysis. I don't care who sells more. I care which is the better game. Sales=/=quality.
IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 IgorVitaly
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

I vote Crysis. I don't care who sells more. I care which is the better game. Sales=/=quality.Bubblehash

Lol so true, sales !=quality,,,, cows games says this!

End

Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

1.) Halo 3: Good gameplay, GREAT online, so so campign, decent Co-Op and would sell the most.

2.) Crysis: Best graphics, solid gameplay, cool modding tools.

3.) Metroid Prime 3: Solid gameplay, and decent graphics for a Wii title.

4.) Killzone 2: Eh, the graphics are nice. Gameplay? From videos it looks alright, but I cant judge. Because it isnt out.

Btw, wheres Bioshock, CoD4, Stalker, and The Orange Box.

1.) The Orange Box: AMAZING value, great online (TF2), great single player (HL2, EP1-EP2 and Portal.)

5.) CoD4: Solid gameplay, repepitivee online.

6.) Bioshock: Great gameplay, good graphics.

7.) Stalker: Unique, great atmosphere.

therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 therealmcc0y

halo3 for being just stunning. the single player is amazing, and the multiplayer is so great i'll bet you all it will still have players in 8 years time.

crunchUK

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
halo 3 or crysis seeing as i never played killzone 2 and mp3 was a kid's game, so easy, so lame.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 LibertySaint
[QUOTE="crunchUK"]

therealmcc0y

seeing as halo 2 still has over 30 000 people online atm according to the game menu, halo 3 will go strong for a long while too and seeing as halo 3 was awesome, yeah, just yeah. Its obvious u never played, any part of it from the co-op, metagame, MP and SP.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 therealmcc0y
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="crunchUK"]

LibertySaint

seeing as halo 2 still has over 30 000 people online atm according to the game menu, halo 3 will go strong for a long while too and seeing as halo 3 was awesome, yeah, just yeah. Its obvious u never played, any part of it from the co-op, metagame, MP and SP.

ROFL

i completed the SP and ive put a quite a number of hours into the multiplayer.

and while ive played better MP games this generation its GOOD, nothing more.

The SP is utter garbage, one of the worst SP ive played so far this generation

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
Killzone 2 of course.
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#127 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
Crysis, there's nothing like it and won't be for awhile.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 VendettaRed07

halo 3 or crysis seeing as i never played killzone 2 and mp3 was a kid's game, so easy, so lame.LibertySaint

hmm, i wouldnt really say its a kids game, i got lost at many parts, But i just flat out found the game boring, started out cool, but then just wasnt that great afterwards. Loved the first one so i was pumped but was left very dissapointed

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 VendettaRed07

Crysis, there's nothing like it and won't be for awhile.Fusible

crysis warhead coming soon :P

Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts

Halo would dominate sales.

Halo/Corruption would dominate quality...imo.(don't flame, I already know you disagree)

Halo would dominate overall.

Spartan070

DOMINATING!!

That's all I could hear while reading that sorry. You can't really include Killzone 2 being as it's not even out yet but my vote goes for...... Team Fortress 2 :D

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]KZ2 would win. crysis has lame graphcis and tired gameplay, mp3 is on the wii, and halo3...lol. kz2 has fresh gameplay and the best graphics ever seen, and its just amazing. dgsag

:lol: Cow to the max!

Damn, I wish more games had corridor shooting... :roll:

Indeed,and those lame graphics that he said can't even run on his inferior console.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
MP3
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#133 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
crysis or halo. i can't imagine using a ps3 featherweight controller with obtuse knobs for thumbsticks for an fps. that's just me though.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
Crysis literally destroys all those games except in multiplayer. But to me the singleplayer alone in Crysis is better than any single one of those games even with multiplayer considered.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 crunchUK
[QUOTE="LibertySaint"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="crunchUK"]

therealmcc0y

ROFL

it's 300.000 online ;). also while i am chuffed at being quoted by your excellency, your excellency is wrong. and halo 3 is one of the most exciting and gripping single players of now, as well as benig incredibly challenging. also look on the back of the box: "nothing short of epic" - ign. ya rly ;). and the multiplayer... is just god in videogame form. don't get me started on the multiplayer.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LibertySaint
[QUOTE="LibertySaint"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="crunchUK"]

therealmcc0y

ROFL

okie
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 LibertySaint
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="LibertySaint"][QUOTE="therealmcc0y"][QUOTE="crunchUK"]

crunchUK

ROFL

it's 300.000 online ;). also while i am chuffed at being quoted by your excellency, your excellency is wrong. and halo 3 is one of the most exciting and gripping single players of now, as well as benig incredibly challenging. also look on the back of the box: "nothing short of epic" - ign. ya rly ;). and the multiplayer... is just god in videogame form. don't get me started on the multiplayer.

that made me chuckle.

yeah Mccoy prolly played it, he just didn't have the time to enjoy it tho, with buds and a few split screen games and then some online match making and cutsom games. HEck custom games is where its at, i've played i think 1000 custom games, 400 ranked, 200 social, i'm serial! i'm a colonel w/e to in ranked, level 42. i like halo 3 just forits meta-game and custome games....mabe its because i always got a gang toghter to play it idk.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 crunchUK

that made me chuckle.

yeah Mccoy prolly played it, he just didn't have the time to enjoy it tho, with buds and a few split screen games and then some online match making and cutsom games. HEck custom games is where its at, i've played i think 1000 custom games, 400 ranked, 200 social, i'm serial! i'm a colonel w/e to in ranked, level 42. i like halo 3 just forits meta-game and custome games....mabe its because i always got a gang toghter to play it idk.

LibertySaint

definitely. i love just scroling down my recent players list and joining random games and then inviting my friends. which brings me to something better than jesus that only halo 3 has: forge man, it's so obvious! it miht seem limited but there are some amazing creations from forge . . . hell even a star destroyer map. you'd never think halo 3 gameplay could be so flexilbew

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LibertySaint
[QUOTE="LibertySaint"]

that made me chuckle.

crunchUK

definitely. i love just scroling down my recent players list and joining random games and then inviting my friends. which brings me to something better than jesus that only halo 3 has: forge man, it's so obvious! it miht seem limited but there are some amazing creations from forge . . . hell even a star destroyer map. you'd never think halo 3 gameplay could be so flexilbew

i know just thank god they added the map Foundry, thats where 90% of the awesome is, all thought u can do some neat stuff on the other maps. But on foundry u can make city maps and play infection resident evil style with nemsis or u can make a tunnel of rat corridors for a juggernaut match, or make an awesome arena for slayer. But my favorite is bumper cars where u run the other guy off the side to his explosive death to win.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#140 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Crysis has the best singleplayer to date imo when it comes to shooters.. Though its multiplayer as lacking.. But this will most likely last for long due to a very active mod community.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts
Metroid....
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 crunchUK
[QUOTE="crunchUK"][QUOTE="LibertySaint"]

that made me chuckle.

LibertySaint

i know just thank god they added the map Foundry, thats where 90% of the awesome is, all thought u can do some neat stuff on the other maps. But on foundry u can make city maps and play infection resident evil style with nemsis or u can make a tunnel of rat corridors for a juggernaut match, or make an awesome arena for slayer. But my favorite is bumper cars where u run the other guy off the side to his explosive death to win.

not to mention... RACE MAPS :D

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LibertySaint
[QUOTE="LibertySaint"][QUOTE="crunchUK"][QUOTE="LibertySaint"]

that made me chuckle.

crunchUK

oh yes, yes those too!111!!!!1one
mudman91878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 mudman91878
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts
[QUOTE="crunchUK"][QUOTE="LibertySaint"][QUOTE="crunchUK"][QUOTE="LibertySaint"]

that made me chuckle.

LibertySaint

oh yes, yes those too!111!!!!1one

You know, if all you've played is Halo 3, of course you're going to think it's good.

I know neither of you knows dick about PC gaming just from the fact that you're bragging about forge. Forge is an ABSOLUTE JOKE compared to what PC games offer. You have no idea what custom maps are and it's sad. You will blindly bash other games w/o any knowledge about them at all. I guess that's what happens when you blindly follow one game.

Just for the record, Halo 3 does NOTHING special AT ALL unless kangaroo jumping makes your willy stand at attention.

I think I've finally determined that Halo/360 fanboys are by far the worst fanboys out there. Nobody else seems to blindly support things as bad as these guys.

Branch out, play something else. Invest in a decent PC and play some real FPS's with real custom content.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 crunchUK

You know, if all you've played is Halo 3, of course you're going to think it's good.

I know neither of you knows dick about PC gaming just from the fact that you're bragging about forge. Forge is an ABSOLUTE JOKE compared to what PC games offer. You have no idea what custom maps are and it's sad. You will blindly bash other games w/o any knowledge about them at all. I guess that's what happens when you blindly follow one game.

Just for the record, Halo 3 does NOTHING special AT ALL unless kangaroo jumping makes your willy stand at attention.

I think I've finally determined that Halo/360 fanboys are by far the worst fanboys out there. Nobody else seems to blindly support things as bad as these guys.

Branch out, play something else. Invest in a decent PC and play some real FPS's with real custom content.

mudman91878

there are 3 kinds of halo 3 haters:

jealous mooers

elitist hermits

and least of all halo 2 hardcores.

guess where you fit :roll:

and in response to you the whole pointof forge is that ANYONE can come up with something brilliant, and it requires next to no knowledge, only sty1e, and creativity. please never talk about halo 3 again because it's obvious you have no idea about what you're on about. ssee? i can also blindly assume. :|

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LibertySaint

mudman91878

huh, i never said pc games were worse, where is all this coming from? i love pc games, heck i have an alienware with a 4870 in it...i recently upgraded from a 8800gt.

edit: to delete quotes.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Honestly it is like PC gamers are not allowed to criticise Halo, if they cannot be honest about their opinions what are they supposed to do? Lie? Lie to make someone else feel better about their mediocre game while they hail it to be better than every other FPS?

I've had a go of the PC version of Halo 1 and I simply don't understand what is so special about it, the only explanation I can come up with is that it had to be their introduction to shooters so became the benchmark.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LibertySaint

look Mudman because of u saying that i have to say:

which makes me feel like:

:*(

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

mudman91878

I have a decent PC, and I absolutely loved the entire Halo series. I don't really care if Forge is a watered-down map editor; I'm not really interested in it, or in mods on PC, either.

I swear, it's incomprehensible to you PC fans that someone would try your precious PC games and still prefer something else. Everyone who likes consoles must never have tried a PC, right?:roll:

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 crunchUK

look Mudman at first i was like:

but now i'm like:

:*(

LibertySaint